Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


CHAPTER 20

 

"Your dad and I are going to the mechanic to get the car fixed, d'you want to come with us?"

Going to the mechanic was hardly a fun family day out and besides if I really wanted to go I couldn't.

"I can't. Angelo has some work for me to do," I explained as sorrowfully as I could.

Still lying down on my bed, I tightened my bed covers around me, pulling them up so they covered the silly smile that I had on. My mum didn't need to see that.

And I wasn't smiling at the prospect of seeing him. Pshtt, forget that. It was because I was going to be washing his dishes and doing his dirty laundry. Yep, I was happily soaking up my life as a housemaid.

My mother, who up until then was standing at the doorway of my room, came walking inside until she was stood next to me at the head of my bed. Taking something out of her bag, she finally placed them on my bedside table.

Having taken notice of the foiled squares and contraceptive pills, I thought my eyes were going to pop out their sockets. My mum, who was playing oblivious to my shocked expression, patted me on my head and lowered her head until there was a small distance between us, before saying in a whisper, "Remember mommy loves you."

Raising her head, she lightly laughed as she retreated out of my room finally paying attention to my I-just-saw-Jesus-come-back-to life shocked expression, but before closing the door behind her she said, "We're taking Bobby along with us."

Ripping the covers away from me, I stood in front of the bedside table staring in amazement at the small, squared packages for awhile. I was in an exploring mood so I picked an orange one up; it felt cold to touch. There was nothing much to it, it had the name of the brand and in small prints it read, '1 latex condom'.

Deciding to go all the way, haha, I tore open the corners and was a bit cautious to what I would find, but all I did find was, an orange circle shaped thing. Okay, whatever. Placing the wrapper back on the bedside table but retaining the condom, I poked the centre with my pointer finger not really sure of what I was doing. Having rolled out the thicker outer bit with my other hand, the condom now looked like a long, orange translucent balloon. The 'balloon' though had some sort of grease on it which I figured was the lubricant.

I remembered back in health class we were given a demonstration on how to put condoms on using a pretend penis. A lot of the students had volunteered to try and put one on but I didn't - I planned on not knowing how to use it for a long while - obviously that didn't go to plan.

As I wondered in my head if we had bananas or cucumbers at home, my phone vibrated. I laid the condom on the torn wrapper, wiping off the oily substance off of my fingers on my pyjama bottoms before picking up my phone from underneath my pillow.

FROM: BUTTBAG

Sugar honey pie, I'm going to pick you up in about half an hour.

The boy was a mess. I rolled my eyes restraining the smile that was fighting its way on to my face.

I only had a limited time to get ready and I still needed to find a hiding place for the condoms and pills to prevent myself getting axe-murdered by my dad.

I didn't think there was anywhere safe in my room to put them in; underneath my mattress would be the typical place to put it and that's the first place anyone would look so I thought the wisest choice would be to take them with me wherever I went until I thought of somewhere to put them. With that decided I tossed them inside the side bag that I would carry out with me.

It was some minutes past midday when I saw Angelo's car slide in front of my house from the view of the kitchen window. I was too busy trying to see what he was doing, that when my phone buzzed again, I jumped.

FROM: BUTTBAG

I see you watching me, why don't you come out for a closer inspection?

Annoyed at the fact that he had caught me watching him, how, I had no clue, I purposely waited for like a minute or so before I finally made my way out my house. My parents and Bobby had long gone, so I locked the door behind me.

Outside was extremely cold and windy and the grey pea coat I was wearing hardly did anything to keep me warm. I wanted to take slow strides so he wouldn't think I took his advice but seeing the weather I upped my pace until I was in the heated confines of his car.

Daring a look his way, I found him smirking mischievously at me. I gave him a 'What?' look because he was starting to make me feel uneasy but of course that only made his smirk more pronounced.

"I'm waiting until you finish admiring this work of art aptly called, Angelo Leo Henriquez by Jesuchristo."

Subconsciously my eyes roved along his naturally tanned face, taking in his beauty and I didn't know what came over me but I had the sudden urge to touch those lips. I noticed his Adam apple bob up and down and looking back into his dark eyes there was a certain intensity I was not comfortable with. Quickly breaking the unknown tension that had unexpectedly built between us, I looked out the window and as he started up the engine.

For a while or so neither of us said anything and I thought I was going to suffocate from the heat inside the car, ever since that 'moment'.

It certainly did not help matters that my mother's word kept on ringing in my ears,'With those looks he's definitely not innocent and you definitely ain't getting any innocent the more time you spend with him.'

"So out of ten how would you rate my kissing skills?"

"Why are you asking?" I nearly broke my neck from twisting it so fast at hearing his question.

"Because we're going to have to talk about what happened sooner or later and I know you're not the one who's going to bring it up, so I might as well do it - using different tactics," explained Angelo looking rather calm but his hands wrapped tightly around his steering wheel told a different story.

"Well?"

"Well what?" I asked vainly hoping he would have forgotten the question altogether.

"Don't play stupid."

"I'll play whatever game I like."

"You're impossible."

"That's hardly breaking news."

"And real immature."

"Takes one to know one," I retorted as I focused on the road ahead already needing the space away from him. He was being unnecessarily difficult. "I'm just trying to be the best possible housemaid money can buy so I can over compensate for ruining your precious car."

"Oh yeah?"

"Oh yeah."

"I kissed you and you liked it. I felt your soul on my lips."

I snorted. "My soul? What kinda 14th century foolishness have you been reading? Even they didn't get as cheesy as that."

"I know what I felt."

"You certainly felt a lot then."

"And so did you. I'm a passionate guy Luciana, I wasn't brought up to hide how I feel."

"Good for you."

"Or is it?"

"If it gets you what you want, then I guess it is good for you."

"That's the point. I'm being open and yet I'm not getting--" he stopped himself before sighing in frustration. "Forget I said anything."

It was just hard. I wasn't ready to face the truth, especially not when a bucket load of doubts and insecurities filled my head at that moment:

I was fat and ugly.

I had days where I didn't shower or brush my teeth because I was way too depressed to even fabricate some energy to do so.

I didn't have any fancy talents or skills that made me stand out from the rest.

There was still a giant question mark on what I wanted to do in my future.

I was just downright self-piteous and pathetic.

Never a time had I remembered a guy being drawn to any of those particular qualities stated above so I felt justified in not wanting to let my guard down. I couldn't help but feel there was a hidden agenda for Angelo. I didn't want to be made a fool of.

The thought of someone like Angelo wanting me was too heavy of a dose for me to swallow. He was gorgeous yes, but he wasn't perfect either; I mean first off he was stupendously annoying. He had a tendency to interfere because in his head, everyone loved him. He thought he was entitled to everything and anything he wanted. And he never lifted his toilet seat up or maybe he'd never been taught to aim properly, which often left me having to scrub off his piss stains.

Yeah, he wasn't perfect either, but he had insanely good traits to make up for it. And yes I was falling. The talk from him saying he'd felt my soul on his lips was more than enough to get me buzzing.

For the rest of the ride, which was to his house, we remained in rigid silence and I mentally beat myself over and over again for being too chicken to have an adult conversation.

He finally parked in his drive way and I got out of his car as he did the same, neither of us saying anything. Opening the door for me to enter first I was first greeted by Robinho who winked at me. I was taken back at that fact, and how much the eight year old resembled his older brother. He was going to be a little flirt when he was older.

"I've got a few things I need you to pick up, I just need to go check up on something."

Going up the stairs, Angelo left me to my own devices and just as I thought about being company to Robinho who was busy playing a video game, Sara appeared out of nowhere.

"Chica, I didn't know you would be coming over here, what a surprise."

I should have been annoyed at Sara for snitching to my mum but that was impossible to do as soon as I saw her warm, radiant smile on her face.

"I didn't know I was coming here either, but Angelo needs me to do some stuff for him."

A larger smile appeared on her ageless face that the accident hadn't managed to erase.

"Come, come, chica. We have to talk," she said taking my hand and dragging me into the kitchen area.

"Okay, I know you're not too happy I told your mum about what happened between you and Angelo but I was just too excited. I knew you two liked each other!"

Sara was way too excited for hers or my own good. "Mi hijo doesn't want me to poke my nose in his business, he thinks I'm too nosey."

I had to agree on Angelo on that one but for obvious reasons I did not voice my opinion, instead I nodded my head, listening to what else she had to say.

"My brother-in-law and Angelo are organizing a New Year's party at his house again. Your mum already knows so your family is coming. Chica, I'm going to take you shopping. We have to find you something beautiful to wear."

"Oh Sara, there's no need for that."

"Yes there is. There is absolute need."

The determined look on her face, brushed away any courage I had to tell her I didn't want to go shopping, but I have come to know that the word 'No', was not in Sara's vocabulary at least not as an answer to her.

"But why?"

"There is something strong between you two. Lo siento. I feel it chica."

"Sara I don't-"

"Trust me. We find you something beautiful to wear and watch how-"

"These are--What are you two talking about?"

The sound of Angelo's voice present in the room cut short what Sara was about to say and it didn't help that we were looking rather guiltily like children caught stealing chocolate their parents warned them not to eat.

Together, with the sweetest syrupy smiles, we replied, "Nothing."

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.