Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter two – The meeting

 

Taking the bus to work, Iren contemplated if she should’ve let Professor Isaacs give her the bad grade and just move on, or if she should’ve just ended him in the dream. She decided letting it eat at him for awhile, having night terrors of her before his death. Shaking her head of those thoughts, the bus came to her stop. Walking down the aisle, she thanked the bus driver before getting off.

She was early, looking around, the chairs were still on the tables.

“Ireniva?” She heard Lilith call from behind the bar. “I didn’t expect you til about six.”

“Yeah, I guess I wanted to come a little early.” She said, putting her bag in the cabinet under the bar.

“It won’t be long before Angela and Caleb come to help set everything up. We both know how unreliable Ezekiel is, I’m positive he isn’t coming when needed.” Lilith said. Angela was also a succubus, and Caleb was an incubus, while Ezekiel was just a demon.

“Why don’t you just get rid of him?” Iren asked. “He just comes on his own time, and slacks off the entire time.”

Lilith shrugged, “I need the help, and right now, any help is good help.”

Angela and Caleb walked in, “Is Iren early for once?” Angela asked, smirking playfully at Iren.

“Hey, I’m never late!” She exclaimed with a smile.

“Let us get to work, we open soon.” Lilith said. They agreed, putting the chairs on the floor. Minutes flew by, and people began to trickle into the bar. Iren served the supernatural patrons, from blood to beer to liquor. She was serving to most of the regulars, especially her former friend, Mary the fairy.

Don’t let her being a fairy fool you, she was a bitch. “You know what I want, try to make it fast.” Mary said.

“I’ll make it fast alright, right after I spit in it.” Iren clapped back.

“Do I have to speak to the manager?” Mary replied.

“Go ahead, she’ll agree with me that you’re a bitch. Take your bullshit elsewhere.” Iren said, going to the next patrons. She fought the urge to throw a drink in Mary’s face, but kept her cool.

Once Mary left, she let out a breath she didn’t know she held in. “Are you always so fiesty to your patrons?” Came a voice. She turned to see gorgeous man with golden eyes and killer sharp cheekbones, smiling genuinely at her. No one smiles at her here, they’re too intimidated by her.

“Depends.” She said, grabbing a glass and cleaning it.

“On what?” The gorgeous patron asked.

“On who I like.” She said with a smirk and quirk of her eyebrow. Iren knew if she turned on the charm and charm him, she’d get a big tip. He chuckled, revealing that he had fangs.

“Then I’d better stay on your good side, eh?” He said. “I’m Demetri, by the way.”

“You must not be from around here?” She asked him, ignoring his introduction.

“Why do you say that?” He asked.

She shrugged, “I’ve never really seen you here before.”

He smiled, “I’ve come here several times before, I’ve been lowkey.” He said.

She smiled this time, “Ah, I see. Do you want to order a drink, or talk to me all night?”

“Can’t I do both?” He said huskily, licking his lips. Iren smiled, she didn’t have to do much enchanting.

“If I didn’t know any better, I’d say you’re flirting with me.” She said. “But I do have other people to serve.”

“Right,” He nodded, “I’d like a shot of blood.”

“So, you’re a vampire? Nice.” She said with a smirk, fixing his drink, and placing it in front of him.

“And you are?” He asked.

“I’m not supposed to say…” She teased, going to the next patron.

Demetri drank his blood, “In that case, I’ll be on my way.”

“You’re leaving?” She asked.

“I’ll be around…” He said with a smirk before leaving the bar, and going into the crowd of mingling people. Iren shrugged, and continued serving her patrons. She shook her head once she saw Ezekiel stumble in, he looked high. She wondered if tonight was going to be the night Lilith would finally get rid of him. The night went on, and most were edging out of the bar. Lilith came to the bar, sighing, “Ezekiel had the nerve to come in late again, and I fired his ass.”

Iren smiled, “Good, send his ass back to hell.”

“But the problem is, I need more workers. I can’t just have you, Angela, and Caleb.” Lilith said.

“Don’t worry about it, Lil. We’ll do our best until you hire more people.” Iren said.

“I’d hope so. Let’s get the rest of these people out.” Lilith said. Iren helped get the rest out, and clean up. She hugged Angela and Caleb before getting her bag and leaving.

Walking down the street to the bus stop, she kept her head down, avoiding any and all problems. Her head perked up when she heard footsteps behind her, and began walking faster. Before she could do a full sprint, the footsteps stopped. She looked back, no one was there; turning back around, she was face-to-face with Demetri.

The streetlights made his face look intense, his golden eyes staring back at her.

“I told you I’d be around, Iren.” He said lowly.

“How’d you know my name?” She asked, frowning at him.

“I asked your co-workers.” He said.

“And do you always follow girls you don’t know?”

“Only the ones I’d love to eat.” He said with a sly smile.

She laughed, “How bold of you.” She started walking again, letting him follow her.

“I’d like to take you home.” He said.

“I’m taking the bus.” She retorted.

“Well, I’d rather you be safe.”

“Maybe I can protect myself.” She told him.

He grunted with an amused smile, “Sure, but I’d like to get to know you as I take you home.”

Iren smiled, hiding her face as she looked down. “I take that as a yes to my offer?”

“Fine,” She said, playfully rolling her eyes. They walked in the opposite direction, going to the bar’s parking lot. They made small talk as he drove her. She pointed to her house, she felt awkward as if she was coming home from a date.

“Um…I guess I’ll see you around.” She said awkwardly.

“Like I said, Iren, I’ll be around.” He told her. They had an intense stare off before she broke the spell and got out. He didn’t drive off until she was inside of her house.

She stared ahead blankly, still thinking about Demetri. His eyes captivated her, she could still see them in her sleep. Having never dreamed of someone, she was shocked that he could invade her dream. She wanted to do any and everything to him, but she feared that he’d die after having sex with her.

 

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.