Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

WARNING: LANGUAGE AND EXPLICIT/TRIGGERING SUBJECT MATTER.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Harvest




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 


Rain pelted the window as it fell from the sky. Nervous feet tapped against the floor, surrounded by florescent lights and cold air condition. 


    “Iwase Ebere.” At the sound of her name, she grew tight with anxiety. 


    “Iwase Ebere.” The woman called again, looking around. A gentle hand slid across hers. 


    “Babe.” Swallowing, she turned to look at her support, who had loving eyes on her.       


     “I’m…I’m n-nervous about this Hiroto. W-what if-”


    “No what ifs. I’m right here. I won’t leave you.” 


    “Last call for Iwase Ebere.” Lifting her hand, he kissed it. 


    “We won’t know until we go Rae.” Taking a shaky breath, she swallowed tightly and nodded before standing slowly. The woman smiled and beckoned her to approach her. 


    “U-um, is it okay if my husband comes with me?” She asked, licking her lips. The woman appeared a bit shocked as he stood, hands in his pockets, waiting patiently for an answer. Something she wasn’t used to seeing on an every day basis she was sure. 


    “Of course. We would never refuse him from accompanying you.”  She reached for his hand. 


    “Please follow me.” 


 *** 


 


    A year had come and gone in the blink of an eye. In such a short time, associations with trustworthy and credible foster agencies had been made; the United States, Japan, United Kingdom and Australia were just a few partners. An after school program had been established with some of the middle schools and high schools in the surrounding area, their alma mater being one of them. It still amazed them how far God had taken them so quickly. She’d traveled to conferences across the globe, her first being in London. Things were getting surreal as they entered into their second year of marriage. So much had happened and the new journeys they were embarking on were both beautiful and frightening. 


 


*** 


 


 


    “I present to you proudly…Hinansho!” Hands cut a large ribbon and applause ripped through the air. Fingers threaded together and together they welcomed the public to enter into the beautiful building, large and spacious as far as the eye could see. 


    “This has been a labor of love for years and thanks to my wonderful husband, he’s allowed me to bring it to fruition. I’ve put a lot into this and I hope and pray that it changes lives for generations to come.” Fingers took hold of hers and tears welled up in her eyes. 


    “Shoutoii is going to be elevated beyond anything we could ever imagine.” His voice was warm and deep and never failed to send shivers down her skin. 


    “I couldn’t have done it without you baby.” She smiled as he pulled her against him, wrapping an arm around her. Looking deep into her eyes, he spoke softly. 


    “Thank you Rae.” Feeling a blush come to her face, she gently lifted her palms to lay them against his chest. 


    “D-don’t thank me…we did it together.”


    “Show us around Rae, we’re desperate to see all the goodies you’ve got in here!” Her closest commentators said with grins on their faces, some familiar and some not. She pulled away from him, not before he kissed her though.


    “Alright since y’all so eager, lemme show y’all around.” 


 


***    


    “What brings you in today?” A friendly woman sat at her desk, leaned in to listen. 


    “Ah… well….um..” She smiled gently as the woman stuttered and took a deep breath. 


    “M-My husband and I….um…we…we w-want to um…to con-conceive and um…” 


    “You are frightened.” Rae finally met her eyes. 


    “Yeah.”


    “Is this your first time trying to conceive?” 


    “Well, we actually haven’t…. done it yet.” The woman blinked, as politely as she could, the look of understanding still in her expression. Hiroto kept quiet for he felt it wasn’t his place to speak. He simply kept her hand close and occasionally glided his thumb across the back of it. 


    “You haven’t tried to conceive yet or you haven’t been intimate yet?” Her face grew red. 


    “No… we’ve been intimate but um…” 


    “Mrs. Iwase…may I call you Rae-chan?” 


    “Sure.”


    “If you haven’t even tried to conceive, how do you know you won’t be able to? That is your fear isn’t it?” She let go of Hiroto’s hand and gripped her jeans instead. 


    “I guess it’s just…been a fear in the back of my mind since I was young.” 


    “Where did it come from?”She looked up at the woman. 


    “I was severely abused sexually as a child. There were a lot of unmentionable things done to me s-so I figured damage had been done.” The woman grew quiet for a while, just looking back and forth between the two of them. 


    “I see.” She stood up and came around to the front of her desk. Leaning back, she clasped her hands. 


    “Mr. Iwase, what are your thoughts on your wife’s concerns?” He sat up straighter, glancing at her.


    “Rae and I have been through a lot. That’s really an understatement. Her concerns are…very valid and I completely understand them. We suffered the same thing as children and while we’ve been very careful as of now not to conceive… it’s still very frightening to think about to be honest.”


    “Aha. So the both of you are scared. That’s normal. Many young couples and newly married couples experience this fear. You’re not alone.” They were quiet as the woman continued, 


    “Mr. Iwase, why do you want to conceive with your wife?” He grew pink but his voice was strong when he spoke. 


    “I love my wife more than anything in the world and I want to make her happy however I can. Rae’s everything I envision and want for the mother of my children.”


    “Aw Roto…” The woman turned to look at her. 


    “Why do you want to conceive Rae?” 


    “I love Hiroto so much…and simply put… I want to give him the most beautiful gift a woman can… fatherhood.” The woman was smiling extra hard and pushed up from the desk. 


    “Well then, there is nothing else left to say but this: let’s get started. Rae-chan, we’ll schedule a day and time for you to come in for fertility testing. Mr. Iwase, I’m sure you don’t need any testing done. With your family and the reputation that proceeds you, you’re fine.” At that, he grew red, which brought a laugh from both women. 


    “Yeah Roto ain’t got no problem.” 


    “I’ll go fetch our appointment papers. Give me one moment.” 


    “How are you feeling babe?” He asked, grin forming on his face. She playfully pursed her lips.


    “A bit better.” 


    “Hopeful?”


    “God’s calling the shots baby. We just gotta keep goin right?”


    “That’s my girl.” 


***


    It’s been a while since I’ve wrote in you dear journal. How have things been? Things are moving so fast and I’m tryna catch up. I’ve launched my dream… my baby… Hinansho and it’s been skyrocketing. I have a trip to London coming up and I’m excited! 


    I’m sure you’re wondering how Roto is doing. We’ve definitely had our highs and lows within this first year of marriage but we’ve stuck to each other like glue and that’s all that matters. God is with us. He lights our way.  


    Funny that lately, I’m really starting to think about kids… finally. A year in and I kinda wanna start something new and beautiful with him. Is it too soon, Journal? I mean… I think I’ve always wanted to have children with Hiroto… something I knew even as a teenager. It just felt right then and it feels so right now. A part of me is still scared. Scared of getting pregnant. We’ve been so meticulous and careful to ensure we don’t conceive. But…when the time comes…will I truly be ready? All the fears I’ve carried still linger and I can’t seem to shake them. I want to give Hiroto a beautiful family but…what…what if I can’t?


*** 


    Old withered hands gripped piles of thick blankets. Off in the corner there was a machine that steadily beeped, monitoring heart rate. There on an elegantly crafted nightstand sat a letter. The addressee written in neat prompt kanji: To Hada Mizu, my mother. Eyes of the woman were watery and bitter. 


    “Mrs. Iwase, it’s time for your bath.” A kind nurse entered into the room and began to lift up the ailed woman from the bed. As she was lifted up, she opened her mouth and spoke one word, angry and cold. Bastard. 


 


***


    He sat at his desk, going over paperwork for a new sect set to open in Germany. Late evening, he’d undone his tie and taken off his jacket. Unbuttoning a button or two of his shirt, he sighed as the words below him started to jumble together. Sitting back, he slid fingers through his hair and glanced at his watch. It was time to go home. Getting up, he stretched deeply. It had been one hell of a ride and he hadn’t quite gotten off at a stop yet. Reaching for his belongings, he began to assemble them in his briefcase. 


    It had been a full year and a half since he and Rae had gotten married. Birthdays and happy days had come and gone, swallowed up in the drama and bullshit that had surrounded them in their first year. Everything had threatened to fall apart. But his wife was a strong ass woman and he was damn proud of her for not allowing his family to defeat her. They had made it their mission to continue on and push through, even at their lowest, they held on to each other. And now… now it seemed all the faith, tears, hurt and pain had been worth it. 


    His phone began to ring and he pulled it from his pocket. Rae. 


    “Hey beautiful.”


    “Hey handsome.” 


    “What’s up baby?”


    “Nothin. Just wanted to know if you was leavin work soon.”


    “Yeah, in about five minutes. I’ll be home soon.”


    “Okay. Good. Did you eat?”


    “I ate a big dinner so I’m not hungry. Stay out of the kitchen okay?” He could hear her pout. 


    “But, I like makin you dinner and stuff.” He smiled as he headed to the door. 


    “And I love enjoying those dinners. But you need time to rest too Rae. You work just as hard as I do. You need to be cared for too.”


    “Hmph.” 


    “Thank you for all you do for me baby. I can’t express how appreciative I am.”


    “Aww….suga…”


    “I’ll be home soon okay? I’ll see you soon.”


    “Okay.”


    “Love you.”


    “Love you too.” Sighing, he made his way home. 


 


*** 


    “This is all of them?” He fingered through envelopes of pictures stacked in rubber bands.     “Yeah this is all of them.” Slipping a couple out of the pristine white folder, fury was a word too kind for what he felt in that moment. Limbs tangled, lips caught in kisses, the pictures depicted moments no one but he and Rae should have known about. Taking in his face, Ichikawa Tomoaki backed up from him a little, his posture uncomfortable. 


    “So, now that I’ve give you everything… what do I get in return?” Sliding the pictures back, he clasped them shut. 


    “It’s only natural that I give you money right? There’s 3 million in a briefcase buried behind the ficus by your door. It should be enough to keep you sustained.” The man grinned but faltered as he met his gaze. 


    “H-How’d you know where I l-live?” He ignored his question and clasped the man on the back of the neck.


    “It’s been a pleasure doing business with you Ichikawa Tomoaki.” 


    “Wait. Before you go… I-I found something else.” The man went to his car and retrieved a small box. 


    “You’ll find what’s inside very interesting.” Getting into his car, he watched the man drive off. Standing alone in the parking lot, he opened the box and felt his blood grow cold. 


    *** 


    A recompense was due to them all. He often reflected on it, still quite pissed off about it. He hadn’t gotten answers as to why his very own cousin thought it appropriate to do what he did. Not just to her. But to him by way of her. The whole thing was still such a big problem.


***


    Keys turned into a lock and a door opened. Takamasa Iwase stepped into the foyer, closing the door. Kicking off his shoes, he quickly slipped into his house slippers and ran fingers through his hair as he stepped up into his great room. Throwing his keys up onto the kitchen counter, he sighed loudly before reaching into his pocket to pull out his phone. 23:55 pm. He’d been up since the crack of dawn and his body wanted to collapse. Going over to turn on his light, he jumped as a pair of eyes identical to his stared at him from across the room. 


    “Hiroto?! What the hell are you doing in my apartment?” He appeared comfortable, reclining on the loveseat, his legs crossed. He got up and slipped hands into his pockets, silent. He said nothing. From his past experiences, when he said nothing something was more than off. 


    “You could’ve called or something.” He remained quiet, just staring at him. 


    “Well, aren’t you going to explain yourself? You’re lucky I don’t call the police. Are you a burglar now?”  Takamasa replied irritably, crossing his arms.


    “You’re a pathetic piece of shit.”


    “Excuse me?”


    “Did you think I wouldn’t find out?”


    “Find out about what?”


    “Ichikawa Tomoaki.” Takamasa instantly lost color but he tried to keep some sort of composure. 


    “Who the hell is that?” The tension and unease in the room was enough to rumble the stomach and Takamasa felt like he was going to throw up.


    “You’ve never learned your place. Ever since we were kids, you’ve always had to learn the hard way.”


    “Hiroto, tell me what the hell you’re talking about or get out of my apartment.” Before he had a chance to react, he punched him hard in the jaw, sending him back. He picked him up and slammed him against the nearby wall. 


    “Let’s see if this refreshes your memory.” He reached into his pocket and pulled out a picture, holding it up to his face. Takamasa grew even more pale, starting to look sickly. It depicted actions only he and Rae should have known about.


    “H-H-Hi-Hiroto look…it-it’s n-not what you t-think.” 


    “What the fuck is it then…” The calm in his voice had expired and it shook with audible rage. Takamasa croaked nervously as he reached down and grabbed him right between the legs.


    “H-Hiroto…I-I promise you…i-it’s not what it looks like…I s-swear…” 


    “Iwase blood can wander if not caged. Remember Father always telling us that?” Takamasa tried to speak but found himself unable to. Sweat started to bead on his forehead and he gripped his arm as he gripped him tight enough to hurt. 


    “Yours has wandered for a long time. Free to do whatever you liked as long as our name saved you.” Drawing close to him, he pressed his lips against his ear. 


    “You deserve to be caged like the animal you are.” He gripped hard, invoking a loud pained cry from the man he called cousin.  


    “The only reason I’m going to walk away is because of my wife. Let that be reason enough to finally stay the fuck away from her. And from me.” He let go of him and watched as he crumpled to the floor. His face held an intensity Takamasa had never before seen and it sent fear all throughout his body. Without saying anything else, he straightened his posture and left the man on the floor, who had begun to sob.


*** 


    It had taken every ounce of God given control not to kill him that night. He was trying, honest to God he was to be everything Rae needed. He was trying to be everything God called him to be. Surely, he couldn’t call himself a Christian and a good husband and commit murder. Takamasa had gotten off easy and he had to be fine with that. He’d gotten his point across more than clearly. Since that night, he’d fallen off the grid and there was no sight or mention of him.


    Pulling into the driveway, he shut off the car and quickly made it into the apartment. He wanted out of these clothes and to be next to Rae. Slipping off his shoes, he laid his briefcase by the door and quietly came into their bedroom. A smile spread across his face like wild happiness and he bit his lip to keep a chuckle from escaping. She was curled up in a ball, her phone still in her hand. She slept quietly and deeply, mouth slightly open. He went to put his bed clothes on and after he was done preparing for bed, he gingerly got into bed. Her hair smelled good as he pressed his nose against the curls. She must have washed it earlier. Still slightly damp. 


    “You’re so cute. Were you trying to stay awake for me?” He mused quietly against her ear. She sighed in sleep and stirred briefly, welcoming his arm that slid around her. 


    “Okaerinasai baby…”


    “It’s good to be home.” He gently caressed her jaw and turned her head to bring her lips to his in a kiss. 


    “Sorry I woke you.”    


    “Mm…it’sfine…” Kissing her again, he felt her relax and drift off to sleep again, their fingers intertwined. Inhaling her hair once more, he fell asleep soon after. 


*** 


    In her dreams, they played in the rain. They ran outside and splashed in the deep puddles. She screamed as the water splashed up to soak her clothes. He grabbed her from behind and twirled her around. She heard his deep laughter, her favorite kind. It came deep from within his stomach. She called it her special laugh. When the playing would end, they’d stand in the rain, now pouring heavily. 


    “I feel like I’m five again.” He’d say and lean his head back to let the rain pelt his face. She  would copy him only to find him staring at her. 


    “What?” She’d ask. 


    “I want to play another game.” He’d say, tangling their fingers.


     “Mmkay.” She would reply, drowning in his expression.


    “It’s called the Bee and the Flower.” She would knit her eyebrows together every single time. 


    “The what and the what?” He’d laugh and slowly slide his hand down to rest on her belly. 


    “Maybe we should wait until the rain stops.” He ‘d stick out his tongue and catch raindrops. And just like that, they’d be back playing in the rain, jumping in huge puddles. A never-ending warm rainy summer day, filled with almost childish abandon. 


 


*** 


    This season, even in its richness and fruition also brought much awaited recompense. 


 


***


    “Has he impregnated that little bitch yet?” 


 


    “Watch your tongue!” 


    “Shou, you protect her like she’s one of us.” It had taken everything in him to come to this little arranged gathering. Sitting across from the woman he used to love, he found her repulsive now. 


    “She is the wife to our son Eri. The least you can do is show her some respect.” The woman laughed, a condescending chortle. 


    “I’ll do no such thing! She will be a baby factory for our future generations. Nothing more, nothing less.”


    “Enough!” At his loud slam against the low table, she kept her lips closed, pursed. 


    “If you have questions as to their martial life, I suggest you ask Hiroto yourself. I did not come here to play gossip.”


    “Then what did you come here for?”


    “I’m sure Takamasa shared the news with you as to the opening of their newest sector Hinansho.” She grabbed her cup of tea. 


    “Perhaps.”


    “He’s behind it all isn’t he? The television time, the interviews, the visits to Shoutoii. He’s helped you this far right?”


    “Someone has to be loyal. The poor boy has had to grow up in the shadow of Hiroto, obviously superior to him. It’s only natural to hold so much resentment.”


    “Eri.” The woman looked at him. 


    “For the sake of our future grandchildren, I implore you to stop this. Let it go. Once and for all. Let Hiroto be his own man. Let them be happy.” The woman turned to look outside, the shoji open. The now spring air was still a bit cool but refreshing. With it brought the scent of freshly blooming flowers. 


    “Never.”


 


***


    But soon after that meeting, she’d grown ill once again and for the first time in a long time, things were peaceful and quiet. Takamasa had disappeared and she was being cared for by the best doctors in the country, at his order. He had promises of his own to keep and he wouldn’t let her die until she had seen them. 


***


    “Iwase Ebere.” She gripped his hand tightly. 


    “Come on babe. Let’s go.” As they got up, she sent a quiet prayer up above. Please let me be wrong Abba. Let me be wrong. Years of physical trauma had scarred her and the fear of having another miscarriage haunted her in other dreams other nights. Standing up, she let Roto walk her to the open door, the woman from before standing there with a gentle smile. Nervously, she approached the small office. 


    “How are you feeling today Rae-chan? Iwase-san?” 


    “Anxious as hell.” She replied, that infamous death grip on his hand. He swallowed but looked calm as always. Inside, his heart was beating wildly in his chest.


    “Good, all normal emotions.” She grabbed a stack of papers, documents she assumed were her results. 


    “Rae-chan, I have your results here. Are you ready to hear them?” She swallowed tightly but nodded. 


    “Y-yeah…” 


    “ Okay.” She opened the envelope and then glanced up at her. 


    “Your ovaries are perfectly healthy Rae-chan. There was no reproductive damage done. We did take a look at your cervix as well and the good news is there is no signs of cervical cancer. It does however seem like it has taken a bit of a beating. With what you’ve told me about your childhood, repetitive rough intercourse makes sense. Do you experience any abnormal pain during your monthly cycles?”


    “No…nothing abnormal.” 


    “Good. Though it’s been bruised in the past, everything is perfectly healthy for a 31 year old woman.  I’m very sorry that you’ve had to experience all that you have. Woman to woman…I deeply sympathize with you.” She put the papers down. 


    “You’re able to be a mommy Rae-chan. All the fears you’ve held in the past can be let go now.” She couldn’t control herself in that moment and bust out crying. 


    “You’ve told me you’ve been pregnant before but miscarried. I want to reassure you that the likelihood of you having another one is less than two percent. Please don’t worry. You and Iwase-san are at the perfect age to reproduce.”  She squeezed his hand and glanced up at him with teary eyes. 


    “That makes me so happy. So freaking happy…Baby? How you feel?” He leaned down to press his forehead against hers.     


    “I am so relieved. And thankful that everything is okay.” 


    “Now, my work is done. I’m so happy for you two. You’re a beautiful couple.” She stood, giving Rae a hug. 


    “Go get started on that little bundle of joy. Have fun. Safe fun.” Both of them grew red and Hiroto coughed, making her smile. 


    “Thank you…” Coming to her, he gently took her face in his hands. 


    “Are all of your worries eased?” She inhaled deeply. 


    “Yeah…I’m…I’m not scared anymore.” He pressed a soft kiss to her lips.


    “I’m glad we could experience this together babe.”


    “Yeah. It…It makes me happy that we can get pregnant.”


    “I’m more than happy about that.” A small grin spread across his lips. 


    “Okay you bouta be nasty. Let’s go.” Chuckling, he let her go. Slowly their fingers tangled and they began their way out, that little smile still on her face.


 


***


    Only the pages of her journal knew the struggles, frustrations and problems that had made up the past year. She felt like they were finally at a stand still. Everything was quiet. The way they’d asked it to be from jump street. Hiroto had told her he’d taken care of Takamasa. Very vaguely. She knew he’d probably did somethin more than talk but she ain’t feel one ounce of pity for the bastard. She leaned back against the couch. She’d finally gotten the chance to squash the feud with Emi. Since their conversation, she hadn’t heard of her popping up anymore. 


*** 


    Red claws tapped against the table and little by little it was starting to give her a headache. 


    “I'm surprised you wanted to see me.” 


    “I’m surprised my damn self.”  The woman smiled nice and slow, calculating. 


    “My Rae, you never were much for niceties hm?”


    “Considering our history…nawl.” Eyes looked up at her. 


    “Afraid I’ll finally steal him from you?” She allowed herself to laugh, all and none of this funny. 


    “Heifa please. That ain’t even up for discussion.”


    “Then what is? Why am I wasting my time?”


    “I call myself trying to approach you like a real woman should. Anybody else I know would have beat the hoe out of you.” Kuribahara Emi laughed mirthlessly and pursed her lips, also the same shade of red.     


    “That’s real classy of someone who is married to one of Japan’s elite.”


    “This me and you right now bitch. Fuck the dumb shit.” Emi smirked and licked her teeth. 


    “I told you that I wasn’t going to give up on Hiroto. Obviously, you have a hard time hearing.”


    “And obviously, you have a hard time understanding when you’re not relevant anymore. So, I’m going to spell it out for you. The man don’t want you. He never wanted you. He ain’t gon ever want you. So, you tryin to sabotage our marriage ain’t gon do nothing but get you hurt.” Emi reached for her glass of wine, a deep luxurious red of course. She was quiet as Rae continued, venom in her voice.


    “Why did you show up to Hinansho?” Taking a sip, she gently placed the glass down. 


    “It wasn’t because I wanted to see you. You’re insignificant. I did it because of Hiroto. For Hiroto.”


    “Hiroto didn’t spend hours upon hours making Hinansho come alive. So, try again. What was your point in coming?” 


    “I have to ask your permission?”


    “It’s my business so yes. You do.” Emi laughed, lips in a sneer. 


    “I see the Iwase name has gone to your head. Without Hiroto, you wouldn’t be or have anything. Show him the respect he deserves.” 


    “I earned his last name trick. Don’t get it twisted.”


    “Earned it how? By being different?”


    “I didn’t have to fuck him to get him to fall in love with me. I told you that before. Seems you forgot.”


    “Bitch…”


    “Bitch what? You know I’m right. You never even had his body let alone his mind so I don’t know why you thought he’d love you. Being young and naive I guess.” 


    “Hiroto was promised to me. Regardless of if his parents lied or used me… he was supposed to be mine. Everything would have been fine if you hadn’t existed.” 


    “You’re so selfish you don’t even see that he was in pain. He was hurting and you wasn’t doing a damn thing to ease any of it.” Emi tapped those fingernails again, absentmindedly. 


    “I guess I can now admit it. I was jealous of you.” She brought those eyes up to hers, her expression unreadable. 


    “Still am. You’re living the life I always wanted.” She held her breath.


    “I couldn’t understand how someone foreign, someone so different.. someone so unconventional could come and swoop up the one man desired by every woman in the world….including me. Being in prison made me think… once and for all… I’d give it one last shot and try to gain back what I had.” She was quiet as the woman continued, stopping for occasional sips. 


    “I knew he loved you and it made me hate you even more. Every time I threatened to hurt you… every time he forced himself to sleep with me on your behalf I counted it as a victory.” Emi fingered the rim of her glass. 


    “I loved his body and how it made me feel. But, his heart was like stone, hard and unturned towards me… towards everyone except you. You were the only girl he ever smiled around. Ever laughed around. It made me fucking sick.” Rae was stone faced, holding her hands together to keep from jumping over the table and slapping the bitch. Jaw tight, she inhaled slowly.  


    “I came to the opening because I wanted to see what you two had built. It made me relieved to be honest. I never would have been able to do any of that. It would have bored the hell out of me.” Lips pressed to the wine glass and yet another sip went down.


    “Another sign that you wasn’t good for him. And you still tryna get with him?” She pinched the bridge of her nose.  


    “I don’t fucking know anymore.” 


    “Okay, since you don’t know, I’ma make the decision for you. You done. Once and for all. And you gon leave me and mines alone for good this time. Got it?” Emi began to look irritated, her cheeks red with intoxication. For the last time, she put her glass down on the table and licked her lips. 


    “At this point, I’m not even sure if it’s worth the effort. Hell isn’t worth that big ass mouth you’ve got.” 


    “You finally get it.”


    “And you can calm your non existent tits Rae.” 


    “Fuck you.” Emi laughed to herself and sat up, glaring at her. 


    “You got your answer so what’s next? I have no choice but to leave him alone now.”


    “Sure don’t. Not if you don’t want my foot up your ass.” She watched the woman she had considered her nemesis for going on sixteen years stare at her, gaze intense.


    “This is the end hoodrat bitch. Feel proud.” 


    “Sure do hoe.” She pushed her chair back from the table and grabbed her purse. 


    “Gon feel even prouder when I’m with my man tonight.” Without another word, she smoothly exited the cafe, a company car waiting for her. 


*** 


    Somethin told her Roto had somethin to do with that as well.Cackling to herself, she fingered the stem to her wine glass. She’d left the bitch speechless and if she wasn’t her enemy, she woulda found the shits funny. Now, the only thing still an issue was Roto’s mama. She’d been mad quiet and with a woman like her, that wasn’t good. She didn’t even want to get into it with her anyway… not anymore. She was getting up there in age and she shouldn’t even be having it in her to put up a fight with her old ass. Cozying up in the blankets, she relaxed laying her head back against the couch cushion. 


    She heard the key turn in the door and smiled as she heard Roto’s quiet footsteps enter. 


    “Rae?”


    “In the living room bae.” A couple seconds later, she felt his fingers tease her throat. 


    “I’m home.” His cologne drifted across her nostrils and she bit her lip as those same fingers came to gently wrap around her jaw. 


    “Welcome home baby…” His answer was a soul searing kiss and it sent warm flutters right to her womb. 


    “Rae..” His voice was low and throaty and it instantly made her moist. 


    “Y-yeah?”


    “I’ve had a shitty day and I don’t want to do anything but make love to you. Now.” A small moan came from her throat. Well damn. 


    “Okay…” His fingers left her jaw as he kissed her bottom lip. He began to remove his suit jacket and she damn near broke her neck tryna get up off the couch.Coming around, she pulled his tie to bring him closer. He didn’t waste time, kissing her until she melted against him. Gripping her cheek, he pulled her up until she wrapped her legs around him. Slipping fingers into his hair, she sighed against his jaw as he headed towards their bedroom. 


    *** 


    


    “Rae-chan, let’s play another game.” When she dreamt now it differed. He stuck out his tongue and caught some raindrops. She would slide her fingers through his and press herself against his side.


    “Mmkay. Shoot.” She would say, taking in his mischievous expression. 


    “It’s called the Bee and the Flower.” 


    “What is that?” She teased pursing her lips. His lips grinned deeper. He slid his other arm around her waist. 


    “Wanna find out?” His voice purred and she felt her legs tremble. She smirked. 


    “You up to no good Roto.” He kissed her bottom lip. 


    “Maybe…maybe not.” She could never resist him for long and those damn eyes of his made her so weak. 


    “Whatever it is, I think I can be down.”


    “Alright then. Let’s play babe. Follow my lead hm? On three you’re gonna run.”


    “And what you gon do?”


    “Catch you.”


    “That’s it?”


    “You’ll be the flower and I’ll be the bee.” For some reason, her cheeks grew warm and she bit her lip. 


    “Okay then. On three.” 


    “Ready or not… here I come.” He whispered the last part against her mouth and she shivered. He wasn’t teasing any more. She pulled away from him and started running. She watched him grin and soon he came after her.


 


***


    “Is she pregnant?”


    “What concern is it of yours?” His mother had decided to surprise his good day with a brutal interruption in the form of a phone call. He heard her laugh and it sounded weak. 


    “I’m getting old Hiroto. Perhaps I’ve had a change of heart.”


    “Bullshit.” That brought another weak laugh. 


    “She’ll serve as a receptacle for your seed. That’s all. We need heirs and we don’t have room to be picky anymore. However they come out is what we will have to settle for. Your poor choice in women is the result of that.” His cheeks flushed with anger.


    “You will give my wife some fucking respect. Hold your tongue.” His voice growled, low and filled with rage. His tone drew an audible breath from her. For a moment, she was quiet. He, however, shook with deep anger. 


    “I do not have the time to go back and forth with you.. This conversation is pointless.” His head was beginning to hurt and he was not going to tolerate her foolishness anymore. Not today. Not ever. 


    “Goodbye Mother.” Hanging up, he slammed the phone down on the desk. The urge to throw something hit him in the gut. Before he did anything reckless, he grabbed his jacket and swiftly headed to the elevator, leaving his secretary stunned. A cigarette would have to do. For now. 


***


    She watched him sleep, gently fingering his silky hair. Biting her lip, she pressed a kiss to his forehead. Something was wrong. She would feel it. His body was tense, even in sleep. He had been tossing and turning now for the past few hours. Right now, he was still. relaxing some under her touch. Taking the opportunity, she carefully lifted and climbed on top of him, pressing her hands against his chest. Leaning down, she covered him with her hair, glancing at him from underneath her eyelashes. 


    “What’s bothering you so much that you can’t sleep?” She asked quietly, taking in his every breath. 


    “Tell me what’s wrong.” He sighed deeply against her mouth. 


    “…Rae…”


    “Talk to me baby…” 


    “…talk?”


    “Mmhm…” He groaned softly before slowly opening his eyes, gaze sleepy but intense. 


    “Talkaboutwhat?”


    “Your tossin and turnin.”


    “Was I?”


    “Yeah.”


    “Sorry…” Taking his face in her hands, she kissed him nice and sweet. His hands came up to slip around her waist and he sighed deeply. 


    “I heard from my mother yesterday…”


    “I knew it had to be somethin with ya mama.”


    “Yeah…”


    “I don’t wanna know what she said do I?”


    “It’s not worth repeating any of our conversation.”


    “Alrighttt…so…” She sat up a bit with a slight pout. 


    “Whatchu gon do?”


    “For now, keep her alive.”


    “Babe.”


    “I promised her some things before I came to New York to find you.” He leaned down to kiss her collarbone. 


    “You know I’m a man of my word Rae.”


    “Don’t I know it.” He pressed his face against her breast and sighed heavily, welcoming her arms around him. 


    “When I do what I’ve promised I’ll finally wash my hands clean of her. For now, I’m keeping her around on purpose. When she gets out of place, I will simply put her back in it.” She observed him as he yawned and yelped a bit as he suddenly turned, forcing her underneath him. 


    “I’d rather much focus on you this morning…” There was that husky tone of his and she wasn’t gon ever lie and say it didn’t turn her the hell on. Lifting her leg up his waist, she teased him with a look…the look. 


    “We can definitely change the subject.” Grinning, he pecked her bottom lip. 


    “Good.” 


    *** 


    “Mr. Iwase, her health is declining.”


    “Keep her alive.”


    “But, sir…”


    “That’s what I’m paying you for. Keep her alive. Do whatever it is you have to do.” 


    “Yes sir.”Sighing, he sat back in his chair. That woman was going to live to see it all. She’d tried to destroy everything in his life and since he wouldn’t physically kill her, what better way than to force a life sentence on her? It tortured her every time he sent her a letter announcing good news. It would kill her should she find out they were finally ready to have children. That news he wanted to personally be there for. 


*** 


    Off in a dark corner, a man sat with his head in his hands. His life had been ripped apart at the seams and he didn’t see any saving grace. 


    “Takuya Abe!” His life was over and there was no going back. 


    “Takyua Abe, your coffee is ready.” All around, the darkness closed around him and he stopped hearing everything, a swift white noise covered his ears. 


*** 


    He’d never forget it. He’d been on his way to his first meeting with a highly successful engineering company, foreign and popular. He’d looked every bit the part of the Iwase family and he knew his connections would bring him far. 


    As he’d entered the board room, he found the CEO sitting in the chair, fingers steepled. He looked very upset. Stepping into the room, he offered a friendly smile. 


    “Good morning my friend.” 


    “Takamasa.” The way he said it made a sharp stab shoot through his stomach. 


    “Where’s everyone else? Shouldn’t the meeting be starting in five minutes?”


    “Yes but I’ve asked everyone else to exit the room.” That stab grew bigger. 


    “Why?” The man finally moved, coming to stand up. 


    “I think this will answer your question.” He reached into his briefcase and pulled out a small box. Shoving it down the long amber table, he watched as he slowly went to retrieve it. 


    “Giancarlo, what is this?”    


    “You tell me Takamasa.” A cold sweat broke out over his body as he lifted the top. Instantly, he grew white. Newspaper clips were neatly assembled and filed, faces stared up at him in small polaroids, some whose lips were parted by a thumb. Throat tight, he looked up at the man who was red and needless to say, furious. 


    “Explain it to me.”


    “I…I don’t know what you’re referring to Giancarlo…really.” 


    “Bullshit!”  He couldn’t speak, his eyes traveling down to the pictures again. All of them were explicit in some nature, limbs twisted one way, beautiful little pink petals captured in film. Some, just like the lips covered with a clear translucent dew. 


    “I’ve looked through it all and I must say that it is fucking disgusting.” He was quiet, his eyes roaming over the other contents in the box. A small snippet of rope was placed inside, delicately wrapped in a piece of very expensive tissue paper. Next to it, pieces of pure white fabric, all stained with what looked to be blood. Neatly and meticulously placed between microscope slides. 


    “There’s footage in there too. As if it wasn’t enough. You had to film it.” He gripped his fingers together into a fist and embedded his nails into his palm.


    “Giancarlo…I assure you… this…this isn’t me…” 


    “I just want you to explain how you thought you weren’t going to get caught. You’re a serial fucking rapist and you thought you were never going to get caught.” He eyed him, expression cool and emotionless. 


    “I am not a rapist. Don’t call me that.”


    “Tell me what it is then. You engaging in acts with young girls against their will. What would you call that?” He bit the inside of his cheek. 


    “I’m done talking to you. Get out of my firm.” 


    “Giancarlo-”


    “Get the fuck out before I call the police!” He bellowed, bringing him to a halt. Silently, he placed the top of the box back on and walked out, all the while, tendrils of fury snaking all throughout his body. 


*** 


    Giancarlo had called the police anyway but before they could come to his residence, he’d long since moved. He left Tokyo for a while and moved into one of the Iwase properties in Kyoto. He’d been there for a couple months now, staying really low key. He hadn’t been able to find work and constantly stayed covered up when out in public. 


    Getting up, he went to the counter and silently retrieved his coffee, not making eye contact with the clerk or anyone else. Coming back to the table, he took a sip. All of it screamed one person and one person only. Hiroto. 


*** 


    Tears filled the girl’s eyes and she quietly begged him to stop. Leaning down, he cupped the girl’s jaw. 


    “You weren’t begging him to stop fucking you right?” She cried loudly, reaching up to grip his wrist. 


    “I…I told you… we didn’t… do anything.” He grasped her jaw so hard she stopped crying, gasping instead. 


    “Don’t. Lie. Every one of you always wants him over me. It’s like we’re not good enough for you. Look at you now, he’s left you for another girl and you still defend him.” Shoving her away, he grabbed her hair and pressed her face against his erect member. 


    “Suck.” She shook her head no. 


    “I-Iwase-sama… please stop…” But he didn’t stop. Full of rage and jealousy, he shoved his member into her mouth forcefully, keeping her head still. 


    “I’ve always wanted you Sachiko. Always…” She squeezed her eyes shut and the sound of her gagging made him groan. 


    “You’ve always paid attention to him. As if he’s better.” The girl didn’t speak, she couldn’t with her mouth so full. He pulled her hair back, forcing her head back. She coughed, gasping for breath. 


    “Takamasa…” Finally, the first time she’d ever called him by his first name. Without an honorific. Finally, she saw him on the same level as she did with him. 


    “You’re so beautiful. That’s one thing I have to thank Hiroto for. Picking such a beautiful girl.” 


    “T-Takamasa….” He ignored her and prodded her with the tip of his member. 


    “I know he’s called you beautiful too. Right? Well…you’re going to look even more beautiful covered in my come. Not his. But mine. Maybe then you’ll understand who’s better.” 


***


    She was the first he’d ever taken. Hiroto’s plaything when they were boys. He knew she was lying when she said they’d never done anything. And that was alright for him. She’d never paid attention to him and it infuriated him. He was just as good as Hiroto. His dick was just as big. He proved it to her that night. He’d given her the best fuck she’d had in her young life up until that point. Wanting…needing to show her that he was Iwase too. He was better than Hiroto in ever way possible. He hadn’t stopped until she was covered in his seed.  From head to toe, he’d marked her in the best way. She had lost her voice a long time ago, the cries for him to stop became cries of pleasure and he rewarded her by marking inside of her, covering her insides with his very identity. 


***


    “You’re a good little whore.” He whispered against her cheek, stained with a mixture of his release and her tears, tears that hadn’t stopped flowing. 


    “I knew you’d come around.” Licking said cheek, he grinned. Inhaling her deeply, he reached over and grabbed the camera. Prying her legs open, he took a picture of those gorgeous pink blossoms now written with his name on them.


    “So pretty Sachi-chan…” Taking a fistful of her hair, he yanked her upwards, a loud pained screech coming from her. 


    “You’re going to be very quiet about this aren’t you?” Sobbing, she nodded, broken and exhausted. 


    “Good girl.” Leaving her crumpled up on the bed, he stretched and shut off the camera. Going over to the small journal, he neatly wrote ‘Iwase Takamasa. 13 years old. First love. Kiritani Sachiko.’  Turning back, he appreciated his art work, grinning to himself.


    “Let’s get you home ne?” 


*** 


    He’d made it a habit of getting what he wanted and most of the time it involved taking anyone that had been with Hiroto. The man made him sick and he hated him with an intense passion. He hated living in his cousin’s shadow. He wanted to be recognized too. He wanted to be found worthy too. Call him crazy but he had kept meticulous record and account so that he never forgot. He’d done his fair share of paying the girls and their families hush money, more money than the’d ever see in their lifetimes. His good ol’ Aunt, the crazy old bitch, had given her own sum to the police, paying them off. All charges had been dropped and he was in the clear to resume life as a normal teenager. However…


    Taking another sip from his coffee, he swallowed hard. The only one who was missing from his collection was the beautifully maddening Ebere Marshall. He’d almost got to have her. He had been so fucking close. Rae was a conquest that had challenged him for fifteen years and he had almost won. Eyes fluttered closed as the pictures he’d had taken surfaced in his mind. For such a short little woman, she had quite the body. She always had. Voluptuous and curvy, he’d wanted her from day one. Never imagining having a black girl before, his curiosity got the best of him and if it wasn’t for Hiroto’s interference, he’d have satisfied his tickling that night at the Hanami celebration. She was perfect and no other woman before her could quite compare.


     He’d fantasized so many nights about taking those small brown breasts into his mouth, sucking those little buds until she fell apart. He’d fantasized about grabbing handfuls of those massive mounds she had behind her and hitting her so deep she’d melt into the palm of his hand. He’d have made her forget everything about Hiroto. He’d have forced her to submit to him and worship him, her body being the most welcome offering. 


    Taking a shuddery breath, he got up from the table and left the little cafe. But now, he couldn’t do anything. Now, he was ruined. He couldn’t work. He couldn’t be free in public anymore. Not even his parents or his Aunt could help him this time. His face had been publicly displayed and headlines of his multiple offenses had scarred him. 


    “Asshole motherfucker.” He cursed under his breath as he put his hands in his pockets. Hiroto had finally won this game. He had to give up. He had to settle. He had to surrender. He didn’t have any other choice in the matter. Hiroto without a shadow of a doubt would kill him if he tried something again. And a part of him couldn’t blame him though. He’d kill anyone who put his hands on Rae too. She was just that worth it. Head low, he walked through the street, avoiding people and making sure he got home quickly. 


 


*** 


     Standing in front of a floor length mirror, she looked at herself, her breath caught up in her throat. Dressed in a breathtaking floral tomosode, a white lace cardigan covered her, making her look elegant and oh so feminine. Hana had taken such sweet care of her and patiently straightened her hair, gently plaiting and twisting it around her head to appear as a crown. Deciding on minimal makeup tonight, a natural face and clear glossy lip were the only other accessories other than some small diamond earrings. She wanted to keep it super simple and demure. 


    “Rae-chan, you look beautiful.” Hana spoke behind her, placing hands on her shoulders. 


    “Thanks to you Hana-chan. You always take such good care of me. Thank you…” 


    “Nonsense. We are sisters right? I have to take care of my little sister hm?” She playfully nudged her chin, bringing a smile to her face. Biting her lip, she swallowed thickly. Tonight was the most important evening of her life yet. Not only was it their first full year anniversary but it was the biggest socialite event of the year. She was hella nervous. The visit to the fertility center had been but weeks ago and the high from the news was starting to come down. Instead she felt like she was gonna throw up. Oh God… I can’t stand these things. Why the hell did we agree to this? 


    “Let’s go. Everybody’s waiting.” Taking a shaky breath, she clutched her purse and turned. 


    When they came up to the building, she saw Roto standing outside clothed in a sharply pressed and slim fitting suit, hands in his pocket. The air picked up his hair, rustling the strands. Lawd Jesus he was fine. The car door opened and she was helped out. 


    “Mr. Iwase, your wife is here.” The driver announced with a polite bow. Turning to face her, he gawked. 


    “Rae…you look…you look incredible.” Feeling her face grow warm, she bit her lip. 


    “Do I look like the wife of an Iwase?” He lifted her chin.


    “Anyone can look like the wife of an Iwase. But, you look like my wife, my beautiful little treasure. There’s a difference.” Her heart swelled so big she felt like it was going to come out of her chest.


    “I’m so proud of you baby.” She tugged on his tie a bit, causing him to kiss her nice and sweet. 


    “Thank you babe.” He kissed her again before they were interrupted by one of the lead coordinators for the event. 


    “Excuse me but you two should head inside. The esteemed guests will be arriving shortly.The media will also set up their camps. Mrs. Iwase, you’re okay with being filmed?”


    “Yeah, it’s fine.” 


    “Okay, let’s go! Make sure everything is in place!” The man shouted out at the other attendants, leaving them alone. 


    “Roto, I’m gonna throw up.” He took her in his arms and pressed kisses to her temple. 


    “I’m right here anata. I’m not going anywhere.”


    “But…”


    “Breathe Rae.” Taking another shaky breath, she swallowed tightly. 


    “Everything will be all right. Remember why you’re doing this.” 


    “O…Okay..” 


    “Ready?” Licking her lips, she nodded. 


    “Yeah.” Tangling fingers together, the two walked into Hinansho, a flash of lights soon following. 


***


    Glasses clinked and snooty aristocratic laughter travelled through the air.  His arm kept her close and his warmth comforted her. A few drinks in and she knew she’s loosen up. She’d impressed many European business moguls already and the group approaching them made her grow stiff. Take a breath Rae. You got this. Think of the kids… all the good you’re doin. Remember what you’re here for.She smiled and bowed politely as they came up to them, impressed expressions all around. 


    “Rae-chan, Hinansho is gorgeous! The architecture is out of this world.” 


    “Thank you.”


    “Had you always had this idea?”


    “I think so. I just didn’t know it yet.”


    “Ah..”


    “Everything I’ve experienced has been for a reason and that reason is Shoutouii and every initiative to come. My mission has been to help children live, succeed, heal and grow.” 


    “Such a beautiful mission indeed. Hiro-kun chose well with you.” At that, they both blushed some, his fingers lifting to slide some hair behind her ear. 


    “I did didn’t I?”


    “How long have you been married to Rae-chan Hiro-kun?” 


    “A year tonight. It’s gone by so fast.”


    “Oh my God! Happy Anniversary!” 


    “Thank you!” 


    “The first year is the hardest year. If you can make it past the first couple years, you’re good.”


    “You think so?” The small group laughed.


    “Marriage looks good on you both.”


    “Thank you…” A kind older woman glanced at Rae.     


    “Rae, you’re as beautiful as I’ve heard.”


    “Oh…um…thank you.” She replied, a pretty blush on her cheeks. 


    “I’ve also heard such wonderful things about what you’ve done for Shoutoii.”


    “For the world I’d like to think. It’s my way of paving the way for the future generations.”


    “Well said.” 


    “Okay enough talk! More eating, drinking and good times! This is all about the two of you! Rae, congratulations again!  Hiro-kun, I propose a toast to your endeavors and longevity in your marriage!” Everyone lifted their glasses and Roto’s arm pulled her close. 


    “I am honored. Thank you.”


    “To a fruitful union, plenty of kids and a happy wife!”


    “Here here!”


 


 


 


 


*** 


 


    The night was exceptional and she couldn’t have wished for better. She had invited many young girls to the gala, those who had each experienced what she did. They’d been of different ethnicity, nationality and background but they all spoke of forgiveness and unity with such maturity. Already, she was jotting down ideas for a mentorship program. When everything was all said and done, she’d found herself surprised in a fancy restaurant at a loss for words. She’d changed out of her tomosode and instead opted for a cute vibrant yellow dress, a beautiful empire waist and long full skirt that fell right to her feet. She’d had it custom made being she was so short but it fit perfect. A deep slit went up the side of the dress and a generous view of her leg came with each movement. 


    Licking her lips, she’d come out of the bathroom to find three very familiar faces sitting at their table. One of them couldn’t keep their mouth closed as usual. 


    “Oh my Goodness…look!” All eyes turned on her and she felt her face flush. 


    “Amee?” Her sister cheesed mad hard, coming to stand. 


    “Happy anniversary babe.” She felt her eyes water as she came to give her a hug. Tre, who cheesed more obnoxiously than Amee came to swallow her up in a hug. 


    “My God baby girl…you look outta this world. Hiro’s a lucky ass nigga.” She laughed against him and soon he let her go. 


    “I’ve missed you Tremaine.”


    “I’ve missed you too Nugget.” He lifted her hands and kissed them. 


    “Happy anniversary.” 


    “Thank you… oh my Goodness… when y’all get here? Y’all ain’t tell me y’all was comin…”


    “That’s the point of a surprise.” Amee said with a grin. 


    “They flew in this morning.” Roto spoke up, bringing their attention towards him. His gaze ignited her like a flame and she grew warm all over. 


    “Rae, you’re a vision.” Tobu said with a boyish grin, cutting the contact. 


    “Thank you Tobukins.” He came to kiss her gently on the forehead and took her hands. 


    “I’ve known Hiroto-kun my whole life and he’s definitely become a better man because of you. I can’t stress this enough that I’m so damn glad you two are together. You make him better and I think in his way, he adds to your life as well. Always stay together okay?” 


    “You’re such a sweetheart Tobu… thank you suga.” He led her to the table and she let go of his hand, coming to stand in front of Roto. 


    “Happy anniversary King.” He stood up and his gaze made her knees weak. Full of desire, love and respect, they drowned her. He lifted a hand and with his fingers, caressed her cheek. 


    “Thank you for being by my side. Happy anniversarymy love.” She felt tears well up in her eyes as he leaned down to kiss her. The room started to spin and she felt like she was going to melt into his very being, his cologne, heat and hands making her even more dizzy. She felt his hands leave her face and press against her shoulders, drifting down leaving warmth everywhere they touched. For a moment, she’d forgotten about everyone else there, immersed in her husband’s touch, lips, everything. He playfully teased her tongue as his hands reached their final destination, grasping her by the bottom. She lifted fingers up to get lost in his hair and he gripped her firmly, lifting her up a bit. 


    “Aw shit.” Tobu. 


    “That’s my nigga.” Tremaine goofy ass. 


    “It just got really real.” No doubt Amee was grinning from ear to ear. Pulling back, she bit her lip as he licked her earlobe. 


    “We’re definitely finishing this when we get home.” He whispered into her ear, making her hum a bit. 


    “‘kay.” Is all she could muster and soon, he put her back down on the earth. 


    “Well damn y’all.” She took a breath and tried to regain herself but it was hella hard. After a kiss like that, she wanted to go straight home and get it poppin. 


    “Yeah…um…shit.” She mumbled, bringing laughter from Amee and Tobu. Tre simply dapped Roto up real good. 


    “My mans…my mans.”


    “I say we get us some food and get outta here. These uppity folks in here actin like they ain’t ever had a good time before.” Amee said, reaching for her drink. 


    “I second that notion. When’s the last time y’all went out and danced and shit?” Tre asked, sitting back in the booth. 


    “A very long time.” Roto replied, taking a sip of his Chardonnay. 


    “We ain’t gettin no younger so I say we grab the grub and gon party.” 


    “Whatchu say Rae?” 


    “I’m totally down.” 


 


*** 


    She leaned back against Roto as they hopped into the limo. She pressed kisses to his neck as he wrapped an arm around her. 


    “I love you.” She whispered into his ear, kissing his jawline. 


    “I love you too.” 


*** 


    They found themselves in the parking lot of an empty store. Roto and Tre shot through the lot, attempting to race each other. Roto bein the winner came and spun her around in a victory twirl. 


    “You so goofy I swear…” He laughed against her, dimples deep. 


    “Yeah but I’m your kinda goofy.”


    “Yeah…that’s true.” For a moment, she felt like they were kids again, carefree and unbothered. Without warning, he grabbed her and hoisted her up over his shoulder. 


    “HIROTO! PUT ME DOWN!” She screeched in mid laugh as he neared a cart. Placing her inside the cart, he leaned down and kissed her. 


    “Let’s ride a bit.”


    “Boy what I look like ridin in some cart like a two year old…” 


    “Come on baby…please…” She looked to see Amee in another cart, Tobu manning it, at the ready. 


    “Tobukins, be careful with my sister you hear?”


    “I promise. I’ll be real gentle with her.”


    “Shiet, take me home withchu too while you at it.” Amee replied, drawing a deeply humored laugh from him. 


    “No the hell he ain’t. You ain’t goin home with nobody but Tre.”


    “You no fun Ebbie damnnn.” Tobu grinned deeper. 


    “She’s just like you Rae.”


    “Mmhm. You go home with my sister I’ma beat yo ass.”


    “Well Amee looks like that’s a no go.” Tobu said, playfully shrugging his shoulders at Amee. 


    “We wasn’t gon go home together no way shoo. Since you can’t take a joke, that’s why me and Tobu gon beat y’all.” 


    “Nawl nawl nawl. Me and Roto gon win.” 


    “Enough chattin let’s get with the racin shit.” Tre interject with a grin big as Jupiter.


    “On ya mark…get set…GO!” 


*** 


    The sound of a telephone shot through the night like a needle injecting skin and the words spoken still blindsided her. 


    “Rae, your mother has cancer.”






Chapter End Notes:

A/N: HELLOOOOO MY LOVESSSSSS!!! IT HAS BEEN FOREVER AND A DAY! Y'ALL WHEN I TELL YOU THAT AS I DRAW NEARER TO FINISHING THIS BELOVED STORY, IT BECOMES SO HARD FOR ME TO WRITE. LIKE NO JOKE. MAN OH MAN. I STARTED THIS CHAPTER A MILLION DIFFERENT WAYS BUT IT NEVER FELT RIGHT BUT THANK GOD IT DOES NOW. JUST GOTTA WAIT TILL I GET THAT RIGHT BURST OF CREATIVITY. Okay... lemme stop screamin at y'all. A lot has happened y'all. I time skipped about a year and we open the chapter with R&R sitting in a fertility office. Why you may ask? Member Rae expressing so many times before of her fear of getting pregnant? she unconciously felt like Peter or any of her other abusers had damaged her. Especially after her miscarriage as a teenager. RAE AND ROTO ARE FINALLY READY TO START A FAMILY Y'ALL!!! I AM SOOOOOO EXCITEDDDD HEHE. Finally right? I kinda dealt with Emi, Takamasa's (CREEP PUNK PERVERTED A**) and Roto's mama all in one which is how I intended it to be. The title is called Harvest y'all. 


 


Let's get to Takamasa for a minute. Member wayyyyyy back in Accordance when Roto was telling Takamasa he knew his history and that he wouldn't leave Rae alone for him to get to? HE WAS REFERRING TO THESE INCIDENTS DECRIBED IN THE CHAPTER. Takamasa has always been jealous of Roto and when it came to it that he wasn't receivng the same attention that Roto was with the girls, somehow in his stupid little brain he decided he was going to take them by force. When I tell you that his parts were VE R Y hard to write I meannn.... I cringed in and out and in again. WHEW. Finally, his animal a** has been put down and SHOUTOUT TO MY MAN HIROTO FOR GETTING HIM TOGETHER. YOU BETTA PROTECT YA QUEEN BOY! 


 


Last but not least, their anniversary. I understand someone along the lines, I made it seem like Rae is older than Roto but she's not lol. I gotta go back and fix that. Roto is a year older than her. That had absolutely nothing to do with the anniversary part but I figured I would put that lol. How have y'all been doin? I quit my job working in food service and guess what y'all? I'm about to start working as a NURSE ASSISTANT! I am so excited!!! I've been in orientation for about three weeks now and I am loving it! ALSO! I published Accordance finally for those who didn't know!! I have removed the chapters and everything so I hope and pray that you guys will go out and support me just as much as you have here! I love y'all! I've got some pictures to add and everything...later though cause phtobucket is being a butt. I have a feeling I'll be writing some more before the weekend is up so YAY ME! <3 


 


I love y'all and thank y'all for everythin! Till next time, 


D&L 


 


ACCORDANCE IS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE ON AMAZON


---> https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T9SFZPV


I DO HAVE A PRINT VERSION COMING UP AS WELL! STAY TUNED! 


WATCH MY TRAILERS HERE --->  


Trailer 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zivFoYq65o&t=36s


Trailer 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-ay1gPXFO8&t=16s


Trailer 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3yZ089YDOI


 


(7-6-19) Pictures uploaded 


Rae's dress 



 


Inspired the come home scene with Roto:



 


Hinansho: 








Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.