Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


A few days later Faith received an email that she was in fact eligible for the Physical Screening Test and she was elated.

“What?” Leah smiled “girl get out!”

“I’m serious look”

“I guess October twentieth can’t get here fast enough” Leah said reading the email

“Nope and I’m ready now too”

“I’m glad this all coming along for you Faith”

“Thanks Leah”

“Is it bad that just a tiny part of me hopes you don’t leave? You’re my best friend”

“I know Leah and you’re mine too”

“She has to actually pass the PST before you two start celebrating” their cabin mate Dominique Smith said

“She’s as good as in as far as I’m concerned” Leah said, “besides I didn’t see you send a request Dom”

“Maybe it’s because I know my limits as a woman” Dominique said “not to mention I’m actually being realistic; there are some men who don’t even get selected what makes you think you can get selected Jamison?”

“I won’t know unless I try” Faith said

Dominique shook her head “I think you’re wasting your time trying to be some black Mulan type warrior or something but okay good luck”

“Just ignore Dom she’s just jealous,” Leah said, “you got this girl”

“I know I do”

 

It was early morning five o’clock in the morning early the sun wasn’t even out yet but Conrad was up along with second and third class petty officers Daniel Boone and Anthony Yeager to do a few laps around the base’s track field.

The three petty officers had been selected to take the PST and they were pretty pumped to begin getting in shape for it. The men were already quite in shape given their status but the practice couldn’t hurt.

“Looks like somebody’s already out here” Anthony said, “is that Jamison?”

“Well I’ll be damned it sure as hell is” Daniel confirmed

Conrad looked into the direction his two friends were looking and sure enough Faith was coming around the track towards them.

How long had she been out here?

The better question was why was she out here?

“Jamison!” Conrad called after her

Faith mentally rolled her eyes and braced herself because it seemed like everything she did Conrad disapprove of.

“Yes Officer?”

“Kind of early for running laps don’t you think?” he asked her

“I don’t think so no” Faith replied, “I have a good reason to be out here”

“Oh and what reason would that happen to be?”

“I’m getting ready for the PST”

The three petty officers including Conrad looked at Faith in complete shock much to her amusement.

“Jamison you’ve got to be kidding” Daniel said

“I wouldn’t be out here if I was kidding” Faith insisted “I’m not losing two extra hours of sleep for no reason”

Conrad noted the confident smile on Faith’s face and was both amused by it as well as a bit annoyed; he didn’t think that she would actually be selected. It looked to be the case though.

“Well you know the PST is no walk in the park Jamison” Anthony warned

“I’m aware of that” Faith said, “that’s not going to change my mind”

“Women” the petty officer chuckled rolling his eyes

“Don’t sweat it Ant” Daniel said laughing, “she’ll be out as soon as she breaks a nail”

"I heard that---“ Faith was about to run after the two of them before Conrad took a hold of her wrist “hey let me go Ramsey!”

“Officer Ramsey”

“Whatever” Faith sighed annoyed shaking her wrist from his grasp

“You know if you do happen to pass the PST and go on with training you’re going to have to stop being so sensitive” Conrad said “Boone and Yeager were just joking with you they’re actually pretty progressive in their beliefs”

“Unlike you?”

Regardless of what Conrad believed in about women training in a space traditionally meant for men; he couldn’t help but admire Faith’s persistence. Of course her stubbornness did annoy him in everything else but for this it was channeled the right way.

“This is important to you huh?”

“Yes”

Conrad fond himself a bit curious as to why but decided not to ponder on it

“Are you going to get your assignments done today?”

“You know I will”

“That’s not what I asked you Jamison”

“I will”

“When you’re asked?”

“Yes”

Conrad didn’t know if Faith was just agreeing with him so she could go on about her laps after he dismissed her or if she really meant it; for some reason something inside him had a feeling she was telling the truth.

“Okay Jamison” Conrad finally said “I’m taking your word for it”

“Thank you Officer”

 

If nobody had heard that Faith Jamison was one of the selected fifteen to take the PST yet it was known by the end of the week. Some of the men like Daniel and Anthony didn’t seem to mind or let it phase them. Conrad was on the fence about the idea. While most of the men didn’t like it one bit.

On a laid back Friday evening some of the officers were relaxing in the mess hall and the topic came up in discussion.

“Who the hell does she think she is?” Ronald Ferry Jr. grunted. Ron was the son of Officer Ronald Ferry he was two years older than Conrad and a rank above him being Chief Petty Officer.

Some argued that the only reason Ron got his position was because of his father and it was the only reason he had been selected for the PST; so he really didn’t have much room to talk.

“Come on Ferry you’re really threatened by Jamison?” Daniel asked trying to reason with him “don’t forget your father is the one who filled out her NC sheet”

“He didn’t think that she’d actually get selected”

“Well neither did we but she did” Anthony insisted

Ron spat on the dark wad of tobacco he was chewing on and said “It ain’t right she needs to stay in her damn place”

Ron looked over at Conrad and chuckled “Ramsey agrees with me don’t cha Ramsey?”

“What do you mean Ferry?”

“You’re the one who has to deal with her half the damn time” Ron said chucking off a new wad to chew on “hell everyone knows she difficult”

“Jamison is a good seaman despite her stubbornness” Conrad said “she’s been up at the crack of dawn each day this week running laps and still has the energy to do her assignments”

Which was more Conrad could say of Ron who wasn’t up early like the rest of them getting ready for PST.

“You getting soft on Jamison?” Ron asked raising his eyebrows

“No I’m just saying that her stubbornness is getting her somewhere right now”

“Tell us the truth Ramsey” Ron teased “is her pussy just as stubborn?”

Conrad looked at Ron who had a disgusting grin on his face and frowned at him

“Really Ferry? I’m engaged and I have my first kid on the way”

“Yeah engaged not married” Ron said “nothing wrong with sampling before settling down; Jamison is probably a hot little thing without her uniform”

“That’s not funny Ferry”

“I’m serious” Ron said “hell I’d fuck her you know what they say about black women in bed besides she probably needs a stiff dick to put her in her place”

Some of the men who saw things Ron’s way agreed and they chuckled along with him.

Conrad didn’t find it Ron’s comment funny not with the many stories about women being sexually harassed and assaulted while they’re on duty. It wasn’t just that but Conrad didn’t like Ron talking about Faith so crudely period.

“Don’t talk about Jamison like that Ferry it’s crude” Conrad said

“Lighten up Ramsey she’s just a woman” Ron replied “let her have her fun training and or whatever she’s doing you and I both know she’s not going to pass the PST”

Conrad honestly had no idea but because of all of the unexpected things he had seen from Faith so far the possibility of her passing the PST was pretty high. They would find out in five weeks.

 

Faith closed her eyes and tears fell when she heard Howard enter the bathroom and she knew he was going to get in the shower with her.

They had been married for six months now but Faith still got shivers down her spine whenever he touched her but she didn’t dare object to him.

Faith didn’t like Howard invading her space when she was bathing she at least wanted time to herself for that. She flinched when the grown man pulled back the shower curtain.

Howard then looked her up and down and said, “It’s high time you became with child”

“….no”

“What was that?”

“I don’t want to---“

Howard quickly and roughly pressed Faith up against the shower wall with her hands behind her back and barked at her “What did you say girl?”

Tears fell and Faith had no choice but to mutter “Nothing sir”

“That’s what I thought” Howard replied as he began to position himself to violate her body and soul once more.

 

“...no….no….NO!”

“Oh my god Jamison shut the hell up!” Dominique said

Faith woke up to find herself in her bunk with the rest of her cabin mates that had awoken once again by her frightened moaning in her sleep.

She wiped away sheen of sweat from her forehead and sat up. Faith hadn’t thought about that bastard in seven years so why all of a sudden now?

“Faith are you okay?” Leah asked with her head poking down to check on her friend in the lower bunk.

“I’m fine” Faith insisted

“You better be because some of us are trying to get two more hours of sleep!” Dominique snapped from across the room.

Two hours? Faith looked over at the clock and it already read that it was quarter to five and she quickly got up.

“Hey slow down Faith are you positive you’re okay?” Leah asked watching her friend throw on some jogging trousers and a t-shirt

“Yeah I just….I’m fine” Faith quickly dismissed it “I just need some fresh air that’s all”

“You’re sure?”

“I’m sure”

“I’m sure you two better shut the hell up already!” Dominique chimed in

“I’m fine Leah I’ll see you at breakfast”

“Okay”

 

The cool early morning air felt good on Faith’s face as she made her way around the track. Faith loved running not only was it a good way to get ready for the test but it certainly relaxed her and was a huge stress reliever. Faith remembered when she first joined the Navy it was one of the things she excelled at and the officers noted it.

When asked if she had ran track in high school Faith had no choice but to answer no. Faith never got to attend high school; she was a young woman with a GED and a seventh grade education. She hadn’t attended high school because at that age she was a wife and the other half was spent temporarily in juvenile detention.

 

Faith went still when Howard finished in her and he grunted at her

“Turn this off I’m not paying for cold water”

Howard exited the shower and Faith slid to the tub floor whimpering

 

Faith ran a little faster as if that would help to erase the memory but it didn’t.

A tear rolled down her cheek and when she tried to wipe it away; Faith tripped on one of her shoelaces and fell.

Dammit why was she so upset over this? She thought she left that asshole in her past. This was her present and future right here right now.

“Jamison!”

Faith looked up to see Conrad jogging towards her and she quickly got up and wiped her face.

“You alright?” he asked “I saw that nasty fall you took”

“I’m fine Officer” Faith insisted

Conrad didn’t look convinced by her answer and he swore he saw a bit of sadness on her face and frustration in her voice.

“Why don’t you take it easy for a bit and just focus on your assignments for today?” he suggested “the PST isn’t for another five weeks”

“I’m fine” Faith insisted, “may I get back to my laps please?”

“As long as you don’t over do it”

“I won’t”

Conrad stood back a minute and watched Faith continue running and wondered what that was all about. It was the first time he had ever seen Faith act that way.

 

 

 

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.