Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


October eighth.

"You look refreshed this morning Jamison"

"I am"

"I bet that eight hours of sleep contributed to that"

"It did"

As much as Faith didn't want to admit Conrad did have a point. The full night sleep did help her and interestingly enough her nightmares about Howard didn't haunt her. Who was Conrad now her guardian angel?

"Where are Boone and Yeager?" she asked, "aren't they going to train with us too?"

"They'll be joining a bit later this week" Conrad replied "right now I want to see what you're made of Jamison"

"Um okay" Faith said a little confused

"Put these on" Conrad said giving her a pair of boots and trousers that were similar to the ones that he was wearing "when you take the PST you're going to have to show that you can both walk and run in full uniform in the given time frame"

Faith took the uniform and to go change like Conrad instructed and met him back on the track. Conrad noticed the little flame of determination in her eyes and gave her a little smile; it was good to see she wasn't going to back down from any challenge.

"I'm setting the stop watch okay?" Conrad said, "during the PST you'll have eleven minutes and thirty seconds to complete the one and half mile required run"

Faith nodded

"But I'm going to set it down a minute to ten minutes and twenty seconds to really push us to meet that required time"

"Okay I can do that" Faith replied confidently

"Can you?" Conrad raised his eyebrows at her friendly

"Yes I can"

And Conrad completely believed her setting the stopwatch he gave her another grin and said, "Alright then let's see what you got Jamison"

As soon as the stopwatch started off Faith went and Conrad hadn't even noticed that she had started until he looked up.

Both of them were smart enough to pace themselves and not go too fast. Conrad eventually caught up with Faith and was running by her side. It was still fairly dark out the sun was hardly rising so the only lights that the two of them had were the dim track lights.

The only thing that was a bit jarring was how silent Faith was and when Conrad looked over at her there was a mask on her face that was a weird mix of determination and anger.

Now the determination part Conrad completely understood both of them were extremely lucky to even be selected for PST; especially her. However something was telling Conrad that Faith's determination was fueled by something that wasn't related to the Navy.

It was very clear that this meant a lot to her.

"You're doing great so far Jamison!" he called out to her "remember to pace yourself too"

Faith kept herself focused she still had a few more laps to do before Conrad's stopwatch started beeping. Conrad wasn't so bad either he had caught up with her after awhile and was running beside her.

The two of them had made across the line right when the stopwatch went off and they both leaned on their hands on their knees to catch a breath.

"Hey not bad" Conrad said "not bad at all"

"I'm going to better for the test" Faith said "I'm not settling for less"

"Jamison slow down okay" he said reassuringly "the test is still two weeks away"

"I need this" she said simply the fire blazing in eyes from excitement and determination and Conrad swore that she just smiled something he never saw her do.

Until sunrise the two of them sat in the grass to practice the required push ups and sit ups. For push-ups the time limit was two minutes for forty-two repetitions while for sit ups it was two minutes for fifty repetitions.

To Conrad's amazement Faith was able to get the majority of those down in less than one minute.

Even with the test still being two weeks away there was no way Faith could not pass the test. Hell she could give most of the men who were going to take the test a run for their money Ferry included.

"Pull ups next?" Faith asked she was full of energy now

"How about tomorrow morning?" Conrad said "you still need breakfast and energy to do your tasks for the day"

"Okay" Faith admitted, "I am a bit hungry"

"That's all those calories you burned up" Conrad chuckled "c'mon I think there's pancakes this morning"

 

It was two in the morning and Anne Kuhn was surprised that her phone was ringing and picked it up immediately when she saw that it was her daughter.

"Heather?" she answered, "Heather are you alright?"

"Mom the baby!" she cried as her body rippled in pain "Mom the baby is coming!"

Anne sat straight up and turned her lamp on and tried to stay calm for Heather's sake "Honey are you sure? you aren't due for another month"

"Mom please come!" she cried hysterically "I'm not kidding the baby really is coming!"

"Okay Heather calm down and breath okay" Anne instructed, "I'm going to call an ambulance and I'll be right over"

"Hurry!"

"I will sweetie," she promised thinking that Conrad was states away and had no clue that his fiancée was now in labor.

 

"What were you and Jamison doing this morning Ramsey?" Ron asked as he stuffed a mouthful of eggs and sausage in his mouth. Conrad looked over at him in disgust the prick couldn't even chew with his mouth closed.

"Training for the PST" Conrad replied which was something that he should be doing too but Ron's ego told him that he was just too good for it.

"Is that all?" Ron chuckled washing down his mouthful of food with a gulp of orange juice "you sure as hell don't know how to take advantage of an opportunity"

Could Ron be more of a damn pig? God help them all if he passed the PST and went on to training just like the rest of them.

"How was she?" Anthony asked

"Pretty good" Conrad replied, "she's definitely going to pass the test as long as she doesn't over exert herself"

"I'd over exert her alright" Ron chuckled

"Fuck off Ferry" Conrad snapped harshly at him

"Whoa calm down Ramsey it was a joke---"

"It wasn't fucking funny" Conrad said cutting him off again "I don't take jokes like that lightly"

"Oh for Christ's sakes" Ron rolled his eyes

"Ramsey has a point Ferry" Daniel said, "you can't just go around saying things like that"

"It's not like I'm actually doing anything" Ron grumbled "I swear this country is going to the dogs fucking queers getting married and women being SEALS; now I can't even tell a joke"

As Ron got up to leave Conrad couldn't help but feel his stomach flip when he looked over at the table with Faith and her cabin mates; he certainly didn't like the look he gave her.

Ron must have known this because he looked back at Conrad and gave him a smirk and he damn near flipped the table. Once Ron got the rise out of Conrad he exited the cafeteria and went on his way.

"Ramsey you alright man?" Anthony asked

"I'm fine"

"Don't pay attention to Ferry I'm pretty sure he's just all talk" Daniel added

Conrad didn't even know why Ron was able to trigger that kind of reaction from him. Of course while Conrad did not condone any type of sexual harassment or lewd comments towards any of his female crewmembers; he also had to remember that he was in fact engaged to his very pregnant fiancée.

Guilt fell over him Conrad was really beginning to like Faith a lot. A maybe a little too much so he would have to keep his feelings in check and keep things professional between them.  In a year's time Heather was going to be his wife and that wouldn't be fair to her or their soon to be born son.

One thing was for sure Ron was raising too many red flags about Faith and Conrad knew his intentions weren't good.

 

"Miss Kuhn you are in fact in labor" one of the doctors said after checking the young mother "you are fully dilated"

"But that can't be!" Heather panicked "I'm only eight months!"

"Based on the size of the baby you are actually nine months and full term" the doctor said "there may have been a mistake when calculating back to your last cycle"

Nine months ago was January and Conrad was gone for that month and didn't come back until the following March and...this really was Sean's baby then. If she really had been eight months and due Thanksgiving the baby would have been Conrad's.

Heather knew damn well what the doctor was talking about and she fudged the dates on purpose this was going to be Conrad's baby biologically or not.

Anne didn't know about Sean either and Heather planned to keep it that way; she come up with a story about how Conrad came home for a weekend in January.

"We're going to get you ready for an epidural okay dear?"

"Okay"

Anne took Heather's hand in hers "It will be okay pretty soon you'll have your sweet baby boy in your arms"

"Yeah" Heather said she really hoped that this baby looked like her because she didn't know what she would do otherwise.

 

The following morning Faith met Conrad on the track field all dressed and ready in boots and trousers. Faith had such good time training with Conrad yesterday she found herself looking forward to doing it again.

Oddly enough she found herself enjoying Conrad's company he wasn't such an arrogant prick after all. It certainly was better than training by herself and having Howard's ghost haunt her and discourage her.

The two of them practiced the mile and a half run and came in at an earlier stop time and this morning the focus was on pull-ups.

There wasn't a set time for pull-ups on the PST however it was important to be able to do between six and eleven dead hangs. So it really meant having a lot of upper body strength.

"You're doing great" Conrad said "just remember to breathe okay"

"It's certainly opens up the sinuses and lungs" Faith said as she slowly pulled herself down for a water break "I can't wait for Boone and Yeager to come out here tomorrow so we can see what they're made of too"

Conrad chuckled "They can be goofballs when they want to"

The sun was rising bringing a bit of warmth on their faces on the crisp autumn morning. Conrad wiped the sweat off his brow while Faith took a swig of water. There was a question that had been pondering his mind for most of the morning and he needed to know.

"Jamison"

"Yes Petty Officer?"

"Does Ferry say anything out of line to you?"

Faith frowned a little and replied, "Well he bullies me a lot but honestly I think that's just Ferry being Ferry"

"So he hasn't said anything inappropriate to you or made you uncomfortable?"

"No" Faith said "why?"

The last thing Conrad wanted Faith to worry about was Ron possibly harassing her not while she was getting ready for PST; but he was certainly going to keep an eye on Ron. At the same time he was going to at least warm her.

"Jamison promise me that if Ferry says or does something inappropriate that you don't feel comfortable with that you'll report it immediately"

Faith didn't say anything to that at first because it slowly sunk in what Conrad meant when he said that. It touched her that at least he cared for her well being and safety; she had just wished her mother had when she called her the day after her wedding night.

 

"Momma please" she cried "I can't do this he made me have sex with him last night and it hurt really bad it still hurts"

"It was your wedding night you were supposed to do as he wanted" Glenda said, "you'll get used to it and it won't hurt all the time"

Get used to it? Faith couldn't believe that her mother was telling her this

"Momma I never wanted this"

 

"Jamison?"

"I'm fine" Faith replied after she quickly wiped away a tear before it rolled down her face "I um....if he does say anything.... I'll report it"

Conrad frowned a little at her hesitant response and it raised a red flag for him

"What is it Jamison?"

"Nothing"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes" Faith replied a little too quickly

Before Conrad could ask her anything else both Daniel and Anthony were running onto the track field towards them

"Ramsey! Ramsey!"

"Yes" Conrad quickly got up "what is it?"

"Heather" Daniel chuckled patting his friends shoulder "congratulations man you're a father now"

Conrad was stunned "What? You aren't serious are you? She really had the baby?"

"Yup heard he's a big one too"

Faith almost forgot that Conrad was a family man and had a baby on the way; and she saw how happy he was as both Daniel and Anthony hugged and congratulated him.

Conrad had his own life just like she had hers the only thing they had in common was their goals to become SEALS. So even if Faith had explained her hesitation would it have even mattered? Would he have even cared?

"Come on aren't you going to go and Skype her?" Anthony asked

"Yeah hold on let me just...Jamison?"  he looked around confused "where did she go?"

"Probably breakfast?" Daniel suggested

"I guess"

"C'mon!" Anthony said more excited than the other two "I want to meet my nephew!"

 

"You need anything else Heather?" Anne asked, as she got ready to go downstairs to the hospital cafeteria.

"We're fine Mom" she replied cradling the baby "we're getting ready to say hello to Dada for the first time"

"Well I'll leave you alone then"

Lukas Aidan Ramsey was born at two thirty this morning and it was a long and tiring birth but it was all worth it. All nine pounds and six ounces of him he was certainly a big boy.

Conrad, Anthony, and Daniel were all huddled in front of the computer monitor as the Skype connected. When it was connected Conrad's heart blossomed when he saw his fiancée cooing to the chubby faced baby boy. That was his baby. That was his son.

"Oh look sweetie it's Dada" Heather smiled at Conrad in the camera "and Uncle Anthony and Uncle Daniel"

A huge smile cracked on Conrad's face and he wished that he were right there holding his son that very moment.

"What's his name?" Conrad asked

"Luke" Heather said proudly "Lukas Aidan"

"You really wanted Aidan to be in the name didn't you" he chuckled

"Yes I did" Heather said "do you like it"

"I love it" Conrad said sincerely "I love him and I love you"

"Okay Boone let's get out of here" Anthony chuckled "there's a lot of love in here"

"Yeah congrats again Heather" Daniel said.

When Anthony and Daniel left the office Conrad was finally alone with his new family. Conrad was concerned and wanted to know everything.

"Is he okay?" Conrad asked "I was hoping to be home to see his birth I thought he wasn't due until Thanksgiving"

Heather bit her tongue and answered "He's okay he was just eager to come into the world that's all; he's a healthy baby boy"

"He's our healthy baby boy"

"Right"

"Now I have to pass the PST" Conrad said chuckling "I've got this little boy counting me"

"Yes you do" Heather replied "but don't forget I'm counting on you too"

"I won't be able to come back home until Thanksgiving" he added "who knows how bigger he'll probably be bigger by then"

"He most certainly will"

"I have to go Heather" Conrad said "busy day but it's definitely gotten brighter keep sending me pictures and videos it will get me through the next month"

"I will"

"I love you"

"I love you too"

"Bye Luke" Conrad whispered

"Dada is going bye-bye" Heather said as she took one of the baby's hands to wave at Conrad. 

When the Skype call ended Heather got ready to nurse Luke and sure enough he was hungry. As soon as he found his mother's nipple Luke began to suckle immediately.

As Luke nursed Heather looked over her son's features closely. It was too early to tell for sure but for the most part Luke did look like her. The little hat on his head Heather made sure was tightly secure on his head before she started the Skype call with Conrad.

Baby Lukas Ramsey was blessed with a head full of blonde hair...Sean's blonde hair.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.