Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

CHAPTER 13

 

The lights in the house were turned off. She cringed a little at the creaking sound that the door made as it opened wide.

Quickly she shut the door close and turned on the torch on her phone to provide some light on her way. She'd been notified of her delivery earlier in the day of its arrival and not wanting to be in anybody's way she decided that at two am in the morning would be the perfect time for her to get it.

Naomi hadn't been in the house for almost a week, she missed it, she missed him but until he made a grand proclamation and demonstration of his love for her, she would not move back.

He always made the first move.

She walked over one of the staircases but then not expecting to see the silent figure walking down the other staircase she jumped in fear and nearly toppled down the steps.

“Merde,” Naomi heard Saint's alleged sister in law curse as she shined her phone on her to see who it was. The baby whined and whimpered a little bit before hushing.

“What you doing here?” Amirah asked in very awkward English.

“To collect something.”

Naomi did not like the tone in her voice, it was like she already had some preconceived ideas about her, ones that maybe Saint had put in her head but Naomi let it go. Confrontation was not her best suit.

“He love you.”

“Did he tell you that?”

“No need.”

She was all cried out. She didn't want to be thinking about Saint. She just needed to get her sewing machine and leave.

In the near week that she'd been away researching her options of going to fashion school, outsourcing fabric makers and trying to get cosy with the upper echelons of the fashion world by visiting haute couture shops only to be shrugged off, she'd somehow coped with suppressing her misery and giving space for her muse to grow.

She wanted to be like Armani with his elegance for all occasions, she wanted to be like Chanel with the little black dress, she wanted to be like Trussardi and Dolce and Gabbana.

She wanted to be like everyone but herself.

At night she would sleep with her husband's jacket. She missed talking to him, she missed his voice, she missed seeing how he strutted to his side of the bed as the moon spotlighted on his nakedness.

“Why you no love Saint-Luc?”

Naomi was totally unguarded to Amirah's blunt question, but before she could gather a response, they both heard a loud thud.

It came from the Amirah's side of the house.

An alarmed look gelled itself on both of their faces as they both simultaneously ran with Amirah's baby still in tact to her bosom, to the twin's room.

Despite the extra baggage, Amirah reached there first as Naomi had to get to the opposite end of the staircase. When they both barged in the room, they found that the twins were both sleeping peacefully.

Closing the door gently, Naomi asked, “Is Saint at home?”

“Oui, oui but he should be zleep in room now. He went to ze offiz when we had zinner but -”

At this moment in time, Naomi had already stopped listening and was already walking towards her husband's office completely ignoring Amirah's questions of where she was heading to.

Her heart was pounding out of her chest, and it was separate life that was carrying her legs towards her husband. She almost had a panic attack knowing that what ever the loud thud had been was not good news.

Yanking the door open, she saw Saint slouched on the floor, his mouth half-hanging open.

“Amirah!”

What happened after that was a blur to Naomi.

But the image of Saint's lifeless looking body on the gurney been taken inside the ambulance, would be one that Naomi would never forget.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

Have a blessed Sunday :-)







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.