Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Twenty-three year old AMANIRENA is the Kingdom of Kush's most loved and cherished princess who is in need a personal guard for her safety. Therefore, her twenty year-old brother and commander of the army, ASPELTA, decides to recruit one after a band of Bedouins kidnaps her. Although Amanirena is against the idea, Aspelta goes ahead with the decision.

Twenty-seven year old GAIUS OCTAVIAN MARCELLUS, the future successor and most powerful general of the Roman Empire, escapes his captors from a Roman state in North Africa and is heading to Rome to protect the Empire from his ruthless adopted-brother, LUCIUS TIBERIUS MARCELLUS , when bandits attack him for defending the woman whom they are harassing. He arrives in Meroë as a slave on the same day QUEEN NAPARAYE, the ruling queen of Kush, urges Amanirena to marry her son, SEB, for the sake of the Kingdom.

Amanirena, who neither believes in love and marriage because of her past, is against the marrying Seb although her brother implores her to do it. While Amanirena will do anything for her brother, she goes against his desire this time. Her only focus is to protect the image  and work of her deceased father, King Taharqa. But, on the day when she host a grand remembrance ceremony of her father, an old lady reveals to her that her father is a victim of murder. The revelation shatters Amanirena . When Aspelta warns her not to believe everything people tells her, she decides to find out the truth.

An official, KAAMATI, who purchases Octavian ( Octavian now calls himself Anthony in Meroë.)  and puts Octavian in charge of all his property,warns Octavian not to touch his wife. The wife on the other hand, lusts for Octavian. She does everything to trap Octavian in her bed and when she realizes that Octavian has no interest in her, she accuses him of rape. Kaamati punishes Octavian and has him serving his punishment in the palace's kitchen where Aspelta meets him and encourages him to participate in the recruitment. Octavian refuses until he overhears a conversation between Aspelta and Seb that the new people occupying Egypt are Romans. Octavian, who sees this as an opportunity to return to Rome, accepts the proposal and participates in the recruitment. Aspelt selects him as Amanirena's new personal guard but Seb, who now doubts and envies Octavian, warns Octavian not to cross his limit with Amanirena.

As Aspelta prepares Octavian of his role as the personal guard, Amanirena discovers that her father is a victim of murder. She reveals it to her aunt, Queen Naparaye and her brother, and tells them that she decides to find and punish the killer. Her aunt, whose only concern is to get Amanirena married to her son, notifies the populace that Seb and Amanirena is engaged to be married. Though upset, Amanirena has no choice but to accept the marriage engagement. Aspelta then assigns Octavian to Amanirena.

Amanirena, who is upset about the situations, threatens Octavian that she will get rid of him soon so it's best he leaves. But Octavian tells her that he is there to do his tasks and will do it accordingly. Amanirena continues to treat Octavian with disrespects so as to drive him away.

Meanwhile Amanirena tries to find out the killer of her father, she behaves in ways that aggravate Octavian. Octavian remains cool and committed until one day when she visits the old lady without informing him. Upset by her disrespectful behavior , he confronts her which results in a brawl between them. Amanirena then urges Aspelta to dismiss Octavian who has misbehaved with her but her brother tells her that he will assigns Seb instead. Not wanting Seb in her company she reluctantly accepts Octavian and behaves standoffish with him. 

A border conflict between Rome and Nubia flares up. Octavian offers to help Aspelta but Aspelta refuses. However, when the situation between Rome and Kush escalates, Aspelta decides to get help from Octavian. But Queen Naparaye, who wants Amanirena to stop focus on finding her father's killer, sends her on a diplomatic mission to get assistance to fight the Romans.

Octavian and Amanirena are on their way when a group of Bedouins attacks them. Octavian, who has promised Aspelta that he will bring her home safe, escapes the attackers with Amanirena to a far away land where they face difficulties in trying to return to Meroë, the capital of Kush. It allows them to develop trusts for each other. They return to Meroë as friends. 

Seb is happy that Amanirena is alive. He encourages her that they should get married soon but she refuses telling him that she needs to find out her father's killer first. When she resumes her investigation, she gets hampered because the old lady is dead. With no other option, she surrenders although Octavian encourages and consoles her to continue for the sake of getting justice for her father. As Octavian consoles her, they accidentally kiss. Love sparks between them but both of them deny it until one day when Amanirena attends her cousin's wedding, they express their feelings to each other.

A secret affair blossoms between them. Seb suspects  it and tells his mother but Naparaye denies it until she Amanirena and Octavian asleep together in an intimate embrace. She immediately arranged the engagement ceremony for Amanirena and Seb.  On the night of the engagement ceremony, Octavian and Amanirena consummate, which is witnessed by Seb.  So upset, Seb gets Octavian arrested but not for long because Octavian eldest sister, AEMILIA , who has been searching for her little brother, arrives in Kush and returns to Rome with him. This is when Amanirena learns that he is the future emperor of Rome and also the empire's greatest  general. The revelation shatters her. She no longer trusts him.  

Nparaye is really upset that Amanirena disrespects the kingdom and her son. She punishes Amanirena to the point that Amanirena falls terribly ill. Not until Amanirena agrees to marry her son will Queen Naparaye ceases the punishment. But Amanirena is adamant that she will not marry Seb. Seb also refuses to marry her but Naparaye tells him that the only way for him to be commander of the guard is to marry Amanirena.

In Rome, Octavian's ageing father, Emperor Marcellus, begs him to punish the kidnapper . Octavian promises to do so. On the same day his father dies he arrests Lucius but Lucius later escapes from prison. When Lucius is cornered by the troops, he decides to kill Aemilia. However, Octavian, who loves his sister dearly, negotiates with Lucius and they agree to fight for the leadership of Rome in the Arena. Whoever wins becomes emperor. Octavian defeats Lucius. Lucius dies shortly after.

As Queen Naparaye continues to inflict Amanirena, she reveals to Amanirena that she  kills Tarhaqa to secure her self-worth and pride. Upon hearing the revelation, Amanirena agrees for the marriage.

On the same day of the wedding,  Romans strike Napata, the place where the wedding  is happening. The Kushite clash with the Romans. Seb dies in the battle while  Naparaye is critically injured. Amanirena later kills Naparaye in Meroë for taking her father’s life.

The Kushites and the Romans eventually sign an agreement at Philae that Aswan is the border between Rome and Kush.

 Octavian, now the emperor of Rome, marries a woman of wealth but Amanirena, now the queen of Kush, remains unmarried.







Chapter End Notes:

This is a narrative in screenplay format which is on my website. Check out the rest of the synopsis at https://evelynexpress.wordpress.com/divine

 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.