Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Olivia had no idea how much time had passed since she was in Asgard.  All she knew was that she returned to her townhouse to find crime scene tape in her bathroom!  John’s things were gone and the place itself looked disturbed,  as if things and places had been searched.

 

 

 

She didn’t have time to deal with it now.  

 

 

 

Olivia changed into slacks  and a white sweater, and drove out to Obsidian Manor. She had not called ahead to find out if her father was even there. She just sensed he would be there. Waiting for her.

 

 

 

She was not wrong.

 

 

 

A man that clearly was not a servant, let her in. He looked vaguely familiar. And it was as Olivia stepped over the threshold, that she realized who  he was.

 

 

 

It was Shepard Kambrick of the Kambrick group. Answering her father’s door.  Was he here meeting  Zoe?

 

 

 

“It is clear that you recognize me, Miss Pope. Your father is waiting for you in his study.”

 

 

 

“Why are you answering his door?” Olivia asked, her tone a bit sharp.

 

 

 

“Eli and I are old friends.  He needed a shoulder to cry on.  Zoe left him. She decided to return to her husband. But you knew that,  didn’t you?” Kambrick asked,  his own tone brimming with feigned sympathy.

 

 

 

Olivia ignored his murdering ass and walked to her father’s study. She slid open the doors, then closed them again.  Kambrick was not nearby,  thank God!  Eli,  who had been sitting in a highback chair in front of the fireplace, glanced over at her. He stood up.

 

 

 

“Olivia.  You're back.  Would you like some wine?  I have a nice port that just came in.”

 

 

 

“Why is there crime scene tape at the town house?”

 

 

 

Eli was pouring her a glass when he half turned.

 

 

 

“Michelle Landau was found strangled in your shower.  The police think that she was killed someplace else and planted in your apartment.  I personally think that Detective Inspector Luther did it.  I don’t know how many times I told you he was no damned good.”

 

 

 

“And yet Shepard Kambrick opened your door to me.  Common sense would dictate that he’d be the number one suspect. Considering he killed her brother.” Olivia said wryly.

 

 

 

“Shepard would never be so crude and he’s an old friend. He came here looking for Zoe and I had to tell him that she had walked out on me--for John Luther.” Eli said in a fake sounding, sad voice.

 

 

 

“My God, Dad! Did you ever love her?”

 

 

 

Eli’s expression changed.

 

 

 

“I planned to make her my wife.”

 

 

 

“Then why did she leave?  I mean I told her you were no damned good until I was blue in the face! So did John! And now ‘suddenly’, she comes to her senses?” 

 

 

 

Eli set his drink down.

 

 

 

“I’m sure you did not come here to discuss Zoe.  Or even John since you left him. Why are you here, Olivia?”

 

 

 

 

“Stacker told me that my mother is alive.  I see no reason why he’d lie about that.  And we both know that you would never call him a liar.”  Olivia said firmly.

 

 

 

“Stacker,”  a voice said, “is in a very bad situation.  And I need him back here.”

 

 

 

Olivia almost jumped as Nick Fury came out of the shadows of the room and stood next to her father.

 

 

 

“What is this?”  Olivia asked,  backing back a bit.

 

 

 

“There is no need for you to be afraid. I’m Nick Fury and I’m with a government organization called ‘S.H.I.E.L.D’. Jane Foster and Thor are associates of mine.”

 

 

 

Olivia relaxed slightly hearing that.  She then eyed her father briefly before looking at Nick again.

 

 

 

“Okay...Thor and Jane are good people.  So how is it that you know my father?”

 

 

 

Eli smiled.

 

 

 

“Oh my daughter is quite the comedian.”

 

 

 

Nick looked at Eli.  He was not going to play around with this sonofabitch. He had no doubt that Michelle’s cover had been exposed and that Eli, or one of his operatives,  had killed her.   He was forced to,  in this moment,  stifle his grief and hatred for Eli,  for the sake of this world.

 

 

 

He looked back at Olivia.

 

 

 

“Thor has tried to speak to Heimdall and his father, King Odin about the matter of Marshal Pentecost being returned here.  But Heimdall feels that Stacker can replace Eamonn.  That means he can spend time being your husband if someone else can watch over the rainbow bridge.”

 

 

 

“I get that, Mr. Fury, but Stacker just looks like Heimdall.  There is no guarantee that he can do what Heimdall or Eamonn could do.” Olivia said.

 

 

 

“Thor has tried to tell his father and Heimdall this,  but other measures might have to be taken to free him.” Nick said.

 

 

 

“I can’t talk to Heimdall, if that’s what you’re asking.” Olivia said calmly. 

 

 

 

“No,  Olivia,  that is not what is being asked of you.”  Eli said in tone that sounded contrite. Olivia stared at him in confusion,  before losing consciousness and slumping to the ground.   Shepard Kambrick had pricked the back of her neck with a sedative and was now disposing of the syringe.  Nick moved to check Olivia’s vitals as Eli stared down at her.

 

 

 

“Well?  What now?” Kambrick asked.

 

 

 

“You go back to the U.S..”  Eli said.  “And I will clean up your mess...as per the norm.  And  if you were not such a ‘talented’ operative,  I would get rid of you.”

 

 

 

Kambrick ignored the threat.

 

 

 

“I take it you will want me to take charge of securing a new location for your wife?”  he asked. Eli nodded and Kambrick left the study. Nick slowly rose, turned and back handed Eli!

 

 

 

“The ONLY reason I am going along with ANY of this, is for the greater good of this planet!  But you didn’t get away with anything here. And neither did your ‘operative’ there!”

 

 

 

Eli wiped blood from his mouth.

 

 

 

“I didn’t kill Michelle. Believe it or not,  what happened to her had more to do with John Luther than you’d think. There’s a rogue cop in the Serious Crimes Unit.  John is on to him. Michelle was in the wrong  place at the wrong time---which is on you.”  Eli said coldly.

 

 

 

Nick said nothing. Michelle had been sent in to find the Asgardian portal in Olivia’s shower and...

 

 

 

Had been murdered. But something else belonging to Olivia had been discovered and now verified.

 

 

 

Nick took a deep breath and then spoke.

 

 

 

“The twin babies that Olivia are now carrying,  should secure Marshal Pentecost’s  release from Asgard.  Thor and Jane are going to have to serve as a liaison between our realms.”

 

 

 

“I will give Olivia the memory erasing drug after she gives birth.  I suppose you have decided who will get to raise MY grandchildren.”   Eli noted bitterly.

 

 

 

“If Heimdall thinks that Olivia has given him children,  he will let Pentecost go.  They will stay in Asgard with him.  Marshal Pentecost's duties are dire. He won’t have time to care for any children.”

 

 

 

“Even if he knows Olivia is the mother?  I know what you think of me,  Fury.  But I do love my daughter. And Stacker Pentecost is the man for her. You could at least give him one of them.”

 

 

 

“No.” Nick said.  “They both go to Asgard. And Pentecost is to know nothing about it.  Or John Luther either.”

 

 

 

Eli glanced down at Olivia. In nine months, Olivia Pope would give birth to twin babies,  then forget she ever had them.

 

 

 


 

 

HYDE PARK-NINE YEARS LATER

 

 

The very last thing John Luther wanted to do,  was meet in a park at midnight.

 

 

 

But even worse,  the very last person he wanted to meet in a park at midnight,  was Eli Pope. Frankly, John had hoped to hear that he had died or perished in some horrible way.  Clearly, that was not the case, since he was looking at him as he sat on a park bench, and smiling as if they were old friends.

 

 

 

“Detective Inspector. It is still ‘Detective Inspector’, right? You haven’t received some long overdue promotion that I missed hearing about?”

 

 

 

 

“What do you want?”  was John’s answer to his question.

 

 

 

 

“Oh Detective Inspector.  This meeting isn’t about me.  It’s about you--and my daughter.”

 

 

 

“There is nothing  between Liv and myself.  You saw to that.”

 

 

 

“I saw to that?  How did I do that? Did I tell Zoe to go back to you?  I guess I don’t have to point out that she would still be alive now if she had just married me.”

 

 

 

Eli didn’t move a muscle as John grabbed his coat collar and yanked him up off of that bench!

 

 

 

“You have the bloody nerve to say that to me?!  You drugged Zoe into forgetting what that Landau woman and you did to her and made her last year unhappy...”

 

 

 

“She wasn’t with me the last year of her life.”  Eli said coolly.  “She was with you.  And apparently the same problems the two of you had, before she began seeing me,  reappeared again.  I know she was seeing someone else when she was killed.  A Mark North?  And she was killed by a fellow officer of yours--Ian Reed.  He killed Michelle Landau as well.”

 

 

 

John suddenly let go of Eli and gaped at him!

 

 

 

“Ian killed Michelle Landau?”  he repeated.  “For what purpose?”

 

 

 

“He was dirty even back then.  He obviously was threatened by something you knew. Or something you didn’t know you knew. Michelle was working for a special government agency and was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.”

 

 

 

John squinted at this detestable man.

 

 

 

“What the bloody hell are you talking about? What does Michelle Landau’s ‘working for a special government agency’ and her being in Liv’s shower, have to do with one another?”

 

 

 

“Plenty.  But nothing I can reveal.  And I’m not here to rehash the past.”

 

 

 

“You’re doing a bloody good imitation of it thus far.  Say what you have to say so I can be on my way.”   John said pointedly.

 

 

 

“My daughter’s life went to hell in handbasket after she left you.  Surely you heard about her disastrous affair with the former president of the United States?”

 

 

 

John said nothing. Yes, he had heard about it.  He had also forced it out of his mind and concentrated on his work.

 

 

 

“I’ll take your silence as a ‘yes’.  Thomas Fitzgerald Grant is free.  He is no longer president and his ex-wife is now sitting in that White House.  I know the prevailing line of thought is that I care nothing for my own daughter.  That couldn’t be further from the truth.  In your own way, you were a stabilizing force for her.  Olivia needs stability. She needs a man that will settle her down.”

 

 

 

John suddenly grinned!

 

 

 

“And you suddenly decided that I’m the man to do that?”

 

 

 

“It was not a sudden decision, believe me.  Or an ideal one.  This is more like a ‘lesser of two evils’ scenario.”

 

 

 

“I’m flattered.” John said sarcastically.   Eli reached into the inside of his trenchcoat pocket and handed him a bottle of pills.  John reluctantly took them.

 

 

 

“What is this you’re giving me?” he asked, holding the bottle up to a street lamp in the park.

 

 

 

 

“RDX-5.  The pills I gave Zoe to forget about my encounter with Michelle Landau. The drug was tweaked and improved upon by the time I gave them to Olivia.”

 

 

 

John’s eyes flew to Eli’s!

 

 

 

“What?” he whispered.

 

 

 

“You had to be wondering why she never tried to get in contact with you.  These were actually cleverly disguised as birth control pills for at least two months.  The point is this: Olivia does not remember you at all. She doesn’t remember working for the late Prime Minister Urquhart, a fact that I had to work like hell to erase here in this country as well. And online.”

 

 

 

John flung the pills at Eli! The bottle thankfully had a strong seal cap on them and the contents did not spill out. Eli slowly picked them up from the ground and put them back inside his coat.  While doing so, he removed yet another, mysterious looking bottle.

 

 

 

“What the bloody hell is that now? More pills you used to  poison Liv with?”

 

 

 

“No, Detective Inspector.  These are the pills that will restore my daughter’s memories of her time here with you.”  Eli said, holding them out for John to take.

 

 

 

 

John just stared at him.  Eli finally put the pills back inside his inner, jacket pocket. John found his voice.

 

 

 

“By rights, I should arrest you for trying to sell me drugs.  But I won’t. You know why?  Because now I understand some things that have just been....eating at me for years. And if I was interested in pursuing something with Olivia, I wouldn’t drug her, I would...”

 

 

 

“You would what?  She doesn’t remember you. She’d think you were crazy if you dared approach her with this story.  I’ll tell you what, Detective Inspector: I know your career is going nowhere here.  I can get you a job in DC, a place to live...whatever you need.  But your time is running out.  President Grant will be heading back to California and if he succeeds in dragging Olivia into more of his ill fated nonsense--meaning a relationship that just never turns in to marriage, then not even those pills will work on her.  I’ll call you in a few days.”

 

 

 

“Don’t bother.  What Olivia and I had was in the past.”

 

 

 

“For her, Detective Inspector, it never existed.” Eli said, now bringing out the pill bottle again and slamming it against John’s chest before walking off. John let the bottle drop to the ground. He stared at it for the longest time, before slowly reaching down  to pick it up.  He held it for a long moment, before putting it in to his own coat pocket and walking out of the park.

 

 

 

Eli Pope smiled to himself as he walked off in the opposite direction.  It had not been easy for him watching his daughter give birth to babies that were taken from her. Then unwittingly giving her that drug,  along with the repeated supply of them that were disguised as birth control pills for a short while.  Anything could have went wrong.

 

 

 

But they did not. Olivia had believed her father’s story about recovering from some horrible strain of pneumonia that had almost killed her.  She knew nothing of the  children, a boy and a girl,  lost to her and given to a God named Heimdall, who had named them Kniall and Autnym.  Children that belonged just as much to him, than they did to an Asgardian God.  Eli had every intention of getting to know them one day.  Sooner rather than later.

 

 

 

THE END

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.