Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

By the time DCI Luther returned to his desk at the Serious Crime Unit,  Eli Pope had been ten steps ahead of him. 

 

 

 

Detective Superintendent,  Rose Teller, walked into John’s office without knocking, closed the door and folded her arms.

 

 

 

“We won’t be looking at Eli Pope for those supposed murders.  Stick with just investigating the Lambrick Group.  The young woman said that Shepard Lambrick hosted the dinner party...”

 

 

 

John slowly stood up.

 

 

 

“What do you mean ‘supposed murders’? And why are we dropping the Eli Pope angle?  It was his estate, Boss!”

 

 

 

“Yes. And unfortunately you mucked it up!  Mr. Pope’s attorney sent us video footage of your breaking into his car with a weapon. I’m risking my job not turning it over to the Professional Standards Department.”

 

 

 

“Boss, listen to me:   this isn’t just about Eli and Zoe.  Something is OFF about that man!  What is he doing with an estate on a museum curator’s salary? He has enormous security around HIM, not the museum! Why does he need it?”

 

 

 

Rose shook her head.

 

 

 

“Look, there is a whiff of something about him.  Yes, I personally think he’s hiding something but there is nothing to be done about it now. Not without risking  our hides.   And he wasn’t at this dinner anyway.”

 

 

 

“But it was his estate!”

 

 

 

“Yes, which means nothing. Mr. Pope admitted that Shepherd Lambrick is a longtime friend.   But there is another problem: we cannot find any evidence that any of the people that this young woman...what was her name again?”

 

 

 

“Iris Stone.”  John said tiredly.

 

 

 

“Yes, Iris Stone. We cannot find any of them.  Some of their relatives have filed missing person’s reports, but some have not.  I just don’t think we can spend a lot of time on a half arsed story about a bunch of missing Americans. Our biggest problem is this serial killer out there killing couples.  The public is demanding some kind of action.  For now, we’ll quietly look into the Lambrick case.”

 

 

 

“Did you even pull Pope in here or did he get off scot free by phone?”  John asked.   Rose lowered her head, then raised it to look him squarely in the eye.

 

 

 

“I spoke to his attorney who is now Zoe. I am sorry, John.”  Rose said before turning to leave his office. But John had one last request of her.

 

 

 

“Boss, I don’t suppose you can recommend a place where I can rent a tuxedo?” he asked. He ignored the quizzical look on his boss’s face, as if that was the last question in the world, DSU Teller ever expected to hear come out of his mouth.

 

 


 

 

Olivia Pope had told herself never again. No way in hell.  That she wouldn’t spit on Stacker Pentecost if he was on fire.

 

 

 

But now she was the one on fire. In the back of a limo.

 

 

 

Stacker’s vibrating bulk was nestled deeply within Olivia, as his rapid, bucking like thrusts, left her almost breathless! She stared mindlessly out of the back window as the limo sped down a highway, then got off and raced down country roads.  His arms were locked around her and his hands held her breasts in an almost seizing hold, while his seed sac continuously smacked against her buttocks.  

 

 

 

Olivia clutched against the back shelf of the limo tightly, as her body burned with pleasure and Stacker’s body covered hers like a blanket.  She knew at some point she had passed out from dizzying pleasure.

 

 

 

It would be hours later, that she would stand on one of the alcoves of Bainbridge Castle,  wearing a dress she had left behind there awhile ago.  It had been a special place Stacker and her used to stay at, back when they were together and visiting London.  Olivia shook off that thought as she sipped her favorite wine. Had they ever really been together? Or had Stacker just been following her father’s orders to get to know her somehow?

 

 

 

But the wine did mellow her as she stared down at the countryside below.  It made her not mind Stacker’s proprietary arm around her waist as she continued to drink.

 

 

 

 

Stacker set his own glass down on a table and let go of her.

 

 

 

“I’m going to be away for a long while.” he began. Olivia smirked at him and set down her glass.

 

 

 

“Goodbye, then.” she smiled.  She turned and walked off of the alcove and back into the bedroom that they used to share.

 

 

 

“Really, Olivia?  After what just happened between us?”

 

 

 

“What happened between us... was never our problem. And now that we’re coming back down to earth here, I think that you listened in on John and I and decided to show your cousin up.  It’s a tie, okay?  You’re both equally as good.” 

 

 

 

But Stacker kept his cool.

 

 

 

“Your bitchy words are going to go unheeded this time, Olivia.  And you’re going to listen to me.”

 

 

 

“I guess I have to if I want to go home, don’t I?”

 

 

 

Stacker walked up to her and rested his hands on her shoulders.

 

 

 

“Your father plans to turn everything over to me when he officially ‘retires’ as Command of B613.  You will have to learn to deal with me.”

 

 

 

“Uh, why?” Olivia asked sarcastically.

 

 

 

“Because I am the only one that will be able to keep you safe. You’re not wrong about your father. But he has enemies. And there will come a point when one of them will figure out how important you are to him.”

 

 

 

 

“Then I’m in no danger because we both know that is not true.  I want to leave.” Olivia said in a surly manner.

 

 

 

Stacker let go of her, walked over to a table and picked up her purse. He then walked back over and handed it to her.

 

 

 

“When you see me again, Olivia Pope, you will be a different person.  You’ll have grown up.”

 

 

 

Olivia grinned!

 

 

 

“Yes, Stacker, and unfortunately for you,  that will mean no more limo romps.”

 

 


 

 

 

By the time Stacker’s limo returned Olivia to the firm,  John was in the lobby watching her exit it. He noted the government plates and her change of clothes as she walked in.

 

 

 

“Olivia!” he called out.  Olivia stopped short and stared at him like a guilty child.

 

 

 

“Oh. John.  What brings you by?”

 

 

 

“A change of heart. You changed clothes?”

 

 

 

“No,  someone changed them for me.  Let’s go upstairs to my office.  Maybe Zoe will see us.”

 

 

 

“Zoe left for the day to put the finishing touches on the party tonight.”  John said and Olivia hid the strange pang she had felt just now.   He had come to see Zoe and not her.  Why did that bother her?

 

 

 

They got into the elevator and Olivia pressed the button for the fifth floor.  The doors closed and John talked.

 

 

 

“There was a murder at an estate your father owns. Murders, actually.”

 

 

 

Olivia’s mouth dropped open and she looked over at him.

 

 

 

“Murders?  Plural? And my father...”

 

 

 

“Was not present. A man named Shepard Lambrick threw the deathly soiree. He’s a philanthropist.  Supposedly.”

 

 

 

“I know who Shepard Lambrick is!  This firm represents him!  Zoe probably knows him personally.  What’s going on?  I take it you can’t pin this on my father?” Olivia correctly surmised.

 

 

 

“I told Zoe about  this earlier,  thinking that she would finally come to her senses and break off with your father.  She’s the one that warned him we were on to him. She is also now representing him.   My superiors are now well aware of my efforts to try and scare your father away.  I was told I was lucky to still have my badge.” John told her, disappointment brimming in his tone.

 

 

 

Olivia squinted at him.

 

 

 

“So you’re here because you’re out of options, right? Now my idea for us to pretend to be involved is all you have left?”

 

 

 

John stared at her. There was something odd in her tone when she said that,  but he could not place it.

 

 

 

“Yes. If you want to put it like that.”

 

 

 

“I would’ve preferred you trusted me.” she said as the elevator reached the law offices and they both stepped out of the elevator.   John got the distinct impression she was peeved about this whole thing.   He followed her into her office and closed the door behind him.

 

 

 

“Luv, it doesn’t matter about when I came to my senses. I realize that your idea was a good one. Let’s just make this work.”  John said, eyeing her.  Olivia didn’t answer him because she was staring at two texts on her phone.

 

 

 

The first was from her father.

 

 

 

“What is it?” John asked,  seeing that whatever she was looking at, was disconcerting.  Olivia looked up at him.

 

 

 

“My father is bringing in an old friend for the party.  Her name is Michelle Landau.”

 

 

 

“And?”  John asked.

 

 

 

“Michelle has a younger brother that apparently, went missing. At your murder dinner party.” Olivia said knowingly.  She could not believe her father would have knowingly put Calvin, known to her as ‘Cal’,  in that situation.  

 

 

 

“You know,” John said slowly,  “that name is familiar. I believe someone by the last name of ‘Landau’  filed a missing person’s report.  So you actually knew one of the missing guests?”

 

 

 

“Michelle and Cal’s mother was an old friend of my father’s.  I think they used to date and then their mother married another man--Michelle and Cal’s father.  He turned out to be no damned good and my father did try and help them over the years.   I always got the feeling...”

 

 

 

“What?”  John pressed.

 

 

 

“I got the feeling that Michelle and Cal’s mother didn’t want my father’s help. I think she knew exactly what type of man he really was.”   Olivia said wryly.  Her eyes fell on her phone again. It was the other message that was a bit more pressing.

 

 

 

It was from a woman named Jane Foster...who was waiting in the conference room for her.  Olivia tore her eyes off of the message and faced DCI Luther.

 

 

 

“I will pick YOU up tonight.  And I’ll be honking the horn.”

 

 

 

“I’m being dismissed?” John asked with amusement.

 

 

 

“Hey! I’ve given you a clue to follow up on! If Michelle is at this party tonight, you can question her about her brother.  Oh and by the way...your apartment is bugged.  You might want to take care of that.”

 

 

 

“Pardon me?” John asked, not believing he had heard her correctly.

 

 

 

“Your. Apartment. Is. Bugged.” Olivia said slowly.  “Don’t ask me how I know, but I do. That’s not  good thing.”

 

 

 

 

But John did not move.

 

 

 

“Since when?”

 

 

 

“Let’s just say that one more person other than the two of us,  knows about this morning.”  Olivia  said, setting down her phone and walking up to him. His tie looked rumpled.

 

 

 

“I will be by at seven on the dot.”  she said patting his face.  John oddly found himself hoping for a kiss, but sensed that she had other things going on.  And he now found himself wondering if that limo she got out of,  the one with the government plates, had anything to do with his flat being bugged? 

 

 

 

Yes,  he would definitely have to take care of that.

 

 

 

Meanwhile,  Eli Pope was a busy man.  He stared out of the window of the country side estate he was staying at, while he was in London. It was called Obsidian Castle and it was known for it’s black, rock color.

 

 

 

Eli refrained from frowning as he watched Michelle Landau, hurry through a small media swarm, wearing scarf, sunglasses and sleeveless, off white turtleneck dress.  Just looking at her made his loins blaze with a desire so intense, that it was hard to catch his breath.  

 

 

 

Dina Steele had been a fool to marry that man. And Eli had deliberately kept in touch just so he could watch it not work out.  Then when Calvin Sr. ran off or died,  Eli did not know which(nor had he cared enough to find out), Dina still did not have sense enough to come to him for help or love.

 

 

 

Michelle did come to him--for help, several times,  unaware of how much she looked like her mother. Unaware of how Eli had secretly switched his desire from Dina to her. And yes, Michelle had made costly mistakes. But she had also never pushed her out of his life.  And she had listened to his counsel.  At times.

 

 

 

Cal Jr. was beyond hope. He wanted to do everything and nothing at the same time.  Michelle had had him working for her at a plastic surgery business she had inherited from her late, older husband,  Burt Landau(that marriage had truly sickened Eli), when Cal Jr. suddenly ended up at one of Shepard’s ‘parties’ and gotten himself killed.

 

 

 

Under normal circumstances,  Eli would have had Shepard Lambrick killed. But he was one of his best B613 assets.  He would just have to help him cover up his latest death spree--that happened in one of his own houses.

 

 

 

Eli left the room he had been in and shooed the maid away,  telling her he would get the door.   He opened it and walked outside to meet Michelle,  who looked uneasy by all of the media attention.  This ‘Murder Dinner Party’ was slowly becoming a story that needed to be squashed.

 

 

 

 

“Eli!”  Michelle almost cried as she briefly embraced him. Eli did not break off his hold and turned with her towards the reporters, while keeping an unyielding arm around the deep concave of her waist.

 

 

 

“I am not taking any questions!  This whole thing is nothing more than a witch hunt, orchestrated by a police officer who has a vendetta against me.” Eli said and turned with Michelle from the men.

 

 

 

But one reporter would not be deterred so easily.

 

 

 

“You’re referring to DCI John Luther, aren’t you?  You’re seeing his wife...but that isn’t her!”

 

 

 

Michelle now spoke.

 

 

 

“I am an old family friend of the Pope family.  My brother  was killed at a dinner party thrown by Shepard Lambrick!  That’s who the police need to be concentrating on!”

 

 

 

“Leave the estate or you will be escorted off.” Eli told them and he walked Michelle inside the castle, slamming the door behind him. He kept his heavy arm around her middle until they reached the room he had just left. He only removed it when he closed the door.  Michelle removed her scarf and shook out her hair.

 

 

 

“What was that, Eli?  Who is this Lambrick man?  Did he break into one of your homes?” 

 

 

 

Eli walked up to her and placed a quick kiss on her bare shoulder,  before moving towards his desk.  Michelle did not react.  She was very aware of Eli Pope’s attraction to her.  She had been aware of it for a long while now. And she would have been lying if she said that she had never been drawn to older men with influence and power.

 

 

 

But Cal was her baby brother.  They had been through a lot after their father walked out.  Their mother, Dina, was forever convinced that their father had run off with some mistress of his and taken all of their money.  

 

 

Michelle now stared at Eli.  Her mind would not let her accept that he had had anything to do with what was going on here.  But she knew he had the power to get to the truth.

 

 

 

She looked around at the decor and found herself wondering about Zoe.

 

 

 

“ Let’s not talk about it any longer. I’m sure you’ll do what you can, Eli.” Michelle sighed.  “And I really want to meet Zoe.”

 

 

 

Eli smiled at her. Yes, Zoe. Zoe was world traveled, educated and a good lover. But on some level,  he knew that what he truly loved about her,  was keeping her away from John Luther. The man had challenged him and put his hands on his only daughter.  He didn’t intend for things to end well for him.

 

 

 

Zoe suddenly opened the door and entered the room, smiling at Eli before noticing Michelle with surprise.   Eli smiled back at the woman he intended to marry.  His eyes then slid over to Michelle. Yes,  the woman he intended to marry and the woman he intended to fuck before her visit was over, were in the same room.

 

 

 

 

 

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.