Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 11 - Michonne

"Ooooh! Daddy says we can't have no boys in our rooms, Michy. I'm gonna tell!" Beth warns, standing in my bedroom door, watching as Rick lifts the plastic bin containing towels and toiletries that I'm moving to my new off campus apartment.

"It's ok, Beth. He's helping me move."

"Hm. Ok. Leave the door open though. No kissy face!" She yells as she departs, presumably still heading downstairs to let everyone know Rick is in my room, making me feel like a child all over again.

Chuckling at Beth's antics, I stroll over to Rick and stand in front of him, wrapping my arms around his neck. Leaning over the bin he's holding in both of his hands, I rise to my tip toes and place a kiss to his soft pink lips. "Since we're going to get in trouble for kissy face anyway, we may as well go ahead and get some actual kisses in."

"I'm always up for a little kissy face. Come here." Dropping the bin to the side, Rick grabs me, pulling my body up off my toes and hugging me close to him, his hands firmly squeezing my ass. Starting off slow, with a few tentative nibbles and pecks, the kiss quickly heats up, with him thrusting his tongue past my parted lips and into my mouth. Tasting the spearmint from his gum on his tongue, I'm groaning at the thorough way he's exploring my mouth with such a domineering kiss. "I'm going to miss you, pretty girl." He whispers across my lips on a soft exhale of his minty breath, lowering his sad cornflower blue eyes to mine.

"Me too. We'll make this work, baby. We'll only be 45 minutes apart. We can do this."

"Yeah, we can do this. We will." He promises, still holding my body close, feet dangling above the floor.

"Ahem. Beth said you had a boy in your room, and that there would be kissy face going on. Guess she was right." My mother teases, standing in the doorway to my room. Rick, caught off guard hurriedly raises his hands to the small of my back instead of the firm clutch he previously had on my ass. Of course my mother noticed anyway, though she pretended not to. "You all should probably get on the road soon so you don't hit that Atlanta rush hour traffic heading into the city." Stepping in to survey our progress with getting the things I need in bins, and moved out, she takes a seat on the stool at my vanity table. "And, it would be nice if you could get your best friend out of my kitchen, Rick. That boy has eaten here every Sunday dinner this summer, and is now in my refrigerator eating all of the leftovers from dinner last night. I would think it's a little early in the morning for fried chicken, but apparently not. Doesn't he eat at home?"

Loosening his hold on my waist and releasing me to slide down his body, and back to my feet, Rick laughs for a moment, probably thinking of how enamored with my mother's cooking Shane has become. "He really likes your cooking, Mrs. Greene. Neither of us have ever eaten so good. I can't say I blame him."

"Well he's going to have to start chipping in on the groceries, or leave a tip or something. It's like having another child around here. I've never had a son, and Hershel doesn't eat that much, so I had no idea one man could put away so much food. It's so bad I just go ahead and cook enough for him because I know he's gonna show up to eat. I don't even know where he's putting it all." She scoffs, shaking her head in amazement. Turning her focus back to Rick and I she offers a kind, nearly sympathetic smile. "So, you guys ready for this move?" She asks, changing the subject with her soft mocha eyes flitting from my similar ones, to Rick's clear blues.

"Yeah, Mom. We're good. As you can see everything is packed."

"Yes, ma'am. We should be fine. Just about everything is loaded in my truck. No worries."

"Oh I'm not worried about the stuff. I was talking about the two of you. I don't know if you guys are prepared to come up for air yet. You've been under each other like a litter of puppies all summer."

"Mom!" I exclaim, a little embarrassed that she has noticed how much time Rick and I have been spending together, and mentioned it out loud. Looking over to Rick, who's sheepishly smiling and turning a bright red, I can't help but to start a slow grin and chuckle of my own, knowing that we have been spending a lot of time together. So much time that when I started getting my things together for the move, I had to go to his apartment to look for at least half of my things. Reluctantly, I collected most of my belongings from there, but left behind a few items like a toothbrush, some bras, and panties. Just in case.

"What? Am I lying? You've been laid up at Rick's more than you've been here, right?" Swiveling her head back and forth, her right hand upturned to express her confusion.

Rubbing the back of his neck, an awkward blush on his face, Rick leans down to pick the discarded bin back up. "Well, I'm going to take this last bin out to the truck, and collect my cousin. We can leave when you're ready, Michonne." Excusing himself, he drops a quick peck to my cheek, and hurries away, maneuvering effortlessly away from my mother's potentially mortifying line of questioning.

"Mom, you totally embarrassed him. He doesn't know what to do with you, and all that freeness you got going on. His parents aren't really like that, especially that awful mother of his."

"Yes, I'm aware that Ellen is a bitch. But, Rance? Rance is definitely a little more down to earth. And, you and Rick aren't fooling anyone. We all know what you two have been up to all summer. I just hope you've been taking your birth control pills or there will be a little Ricky or Michy running around real soon. And, you know, Hersh and I would love for you to to one day have babies, but I don't know how I would handle having to share a grandbaby with that heifer Ellen." Smoothing her hand over her head and through her long hair, she doesn't seem entirely displeased by the thought of a grandbaby, but definitely disgusted by the mention of Rick's mother. Mona loves kids, babies, you name it. I like them too, but I have so much that I want to do in my life first, before I become a mother, a wife, all of that. I do love them though, and I know that when the time is right, Rick will make a wonderful father.

In fact, Rick and I have talked about it before, and he has made it no secret that one day he wants a big family, lots of kids, a dog, the whole thing. And the only thing in that family picture I would change is the dog to a cat. Other than that I could see myself married to Rick, a house full of kids that look like him, with my coloring. As an only child, the idea of always having someone to play with, to not feel alone so much, is entirely appealing, and something that I want for my future children. Carrying and birthing all those potential kids is usually where I have a hard time conceptualizing this future for us, but outside of that, I'm all in. Watching him hang out with Maggie, Beth, and I, taking note of the patient way he taught Beth how to catch frogs in the creek. Giving Maggie advice on boys. He's great with them, and it all feels like a special glimpse of what he is going to be like some day as a father to our own kids.

As an added bonus, the thought of coming home to Rick every night after a long day of fighting for justice, and him locking up bad guys, to be with a family that we created…well it seems like a magnificent dream that I already got a little taste of. Staying at his apartment most nights, using the key that he gave me to come and go as I please, I have to admit I loved it. Most mornings when he worked overnight or double shifts, he would wake me with the rising sun streaming through his curtains, illuminating his nude form pressed tightly to my back. Or sometimes I would wake up extra early and make him breakfast, meeting him at the door in nothing but a smile. Then there were nights where we would just sit on the couch and watch television, Netflix binging on shows like Sons of Anarchy, where I would lust after Jax. Which usually landed me on my back or my knees, panting and moaning, while Rick reminded me that Jax is not real, but that he most certainly is.

Probably my favorite thing about this summer was all the times that Rick and I would just lay together and talk, anything and everything. His childhood, mine. Favorite colors and foods. Mine apple green and anything chocolate. His blue and pork chops, my mother's pork chops specifically. Quite often these talks would deviate into our future. What we hoped for, and how we imagined ensuring that we get just that. As usual, these talks also often resulted in long rounds of breathtaking, passionate sex. Sometimes kinky and rough, sometimes slow, sensual, lovemaking. Always satisfying.

Being with Rick has awakened so many previously locked parts of me, sexually and emotionally. So much so that I am a little upset at the real world now intruding on this blissful existence we've created together. We've decided that our motto for now is to just get through this year then figure the rest out later. It may sound naïve, and unlike me in its unstructured and unplanned hopefulness, but Rick's love has fostered a new level of optimistic thinking in me. As Sasha noted, I'm so drunk in love that she hardly recognizes her sarcastic, strategizing cousin anymore. She may have meant it as a dig, but I took it as a compliment because, being with Rick has made me feel like a new girl. No, a new woman.

"I take my birth control religiously every morning at the same time, Mom. I think we'll be fine. Everything is going to work out just right."

"I hope so, honey. I like him for you. He's a good guy. And I can tell he loves you. That's hard to come by."

"I know. And I love him, Mom. I really do. I've made some mistakes with him, but I'm trying to get this right. I want us to make it." Earnestness colors my voice as I confess to my mother that my actions in this fledgling relationship have not always been to the right. And honestly, neither have his, which is why I think we have given each other some room to learn from those mistakes. The day after my birthday party, he and I had a good conversation, well a text one because he was working, but it was a good way for both of us to get some stuff out there.

Texts from that night…

Rick: You up? I know it's late. Patrol is going slow as hell.

Michonne: I'm up. Reading a book by Octavia Butler, it's one of my faves. 

Rick: Never heard of her

Michonne: Gonna have to culture you up if you're gonna stick with me

Rick: I am definitely sticking with you. At least that's my plan…

Michonne: Good plan

Rick: What about you? Gonna stick with me too? I wasn't sure since you didn't seem to want to intro me as your BF to your friends at your party

Michonne: …

Rick: I just thought it was odd. Basically I tell everyone that you're my girl because you are, now and forever as far as I'm concerned

Michonne: I didn't mean to do that…I guess I'm used to everyone already knowing who I'm with…it's been the same guy for so long. I'm sorry.

Rick: …

Michonne: Please be patient with me. I'm trying to get this right. For you. For us

Rick: I know

Michonne: I know you are too… which is why I wasn't pissed about you fighting with Mike at the party

Rick: Knew about that huh?

Michonne: Sasha told me. You should have told me. She found my bracelet on the floor at Tyreese's house. Guess that was you too?

Rick: It's not your bracelet… I did what I felt was right… I don't want him giving you things and just showing up… if it's over it's over… be done with it

Michonne: I understand, and it is. We both are trying to get this right… It's new. But I do love you. I'm in this with you for the long haul if you will have me… no matter where I am, even back at school…my heart belongs to you

Rick: I wouldn't have it any other way… you know I belong to you too

Michonne: Check out this song. It used to be one of my dad's fave songs to play for my mother. {Sends link to You Tube video 'I Love you – For Sentimental Reasons' by Sam Cooke}

Rick: It's perfect, pretty girl, thank you. I love you…get some rest. Meet me for breakfast after my shift?

Michonne: How about I be your breakfast?

Rick: Even better…send me a pic to hold me over until then?

Michonne: {Sends photo of breasts}

Rick: Shit… I want you at my apartment waiting on me just like that when I get home in the morning… will you?

Michonne: What do I get if I do?

Rick: Everything 

My texts to Rick held the truth, my truth. I didn't realize that I wasn't introducing him as my boyfriend. It was definitely not a purposeful oversight on my part, and I would never have done anything to hurt him. There hasn't been a party that I have attended in years that everyone didn't know who my boyfriend was, whether he was there or not. It's a weak excuse but, I guess I just kinda forgot, at least until Jasmine showed up. She's not really a friend. We have gone to the same schools, and run in the same circles for years, hence the little hint of competitiveness between us. If I have something, she has to also get the same thing or better. If I went to France for the summer, she went to Spain. If I have Mike, she has some other guy who she thinks is comparable, or even tries to hookup with Mike himself. He mentioned to me that she tried to kiss him during a study group in high school once, and I nearly burst a blood vessel. The only reason I didn't rip her to shreds when I finally saw her was because Sasha pulled me off her so I didn't get suspended. In hindsight, I should have completely expected that once she saw me with Rick, she would try to get her skanky claws into him. Jasmine has always wanted what I have, but she will not get Rick. I would have kicked her ass all over my party if given the chance. Which again is why I didn't really say much to Rick about his fight with Mike at my party.

In a perfect world, Mike would move on. He wouldn't have followed me into the pool house, given me the bracelet, or touched my thigh. But in the real world he did, and I know Rick well enough to know that even though he is an affable, easy going guy most of the time, he is dead serious about me, with a jealous streak a mile long. I'm young, but I'm learning, and I know my man. I knew when he walked in on us that this was not going to end quietly. Was I disappointed that it ended in Mike getting his nose broken? Yes. But was I a little turned out to hear that Rick kicked his ass, and told him not to touch me again? Hell yes. It's thrilling to know he's all about me, and I know it's coming from a positive place. So why be mad at him when I would have done the same thing? Was I not ready to scratch Jasmine's eyes out just for saying Rick was cute? And ultimately Mike must have gotten the message, at least for now, because I haven't heard a word from him since.

Sasha gave me a long speech about feminism and caveman antics, but the unspoken truth was that I love that Rick is so explicit about his possessiveness, and his feelings for me. It never makes me feel smothered, or like I can't be free to be myself. Not at all. Instead it gives me a little thrill that he's such a fierce protector of what's his that he would put himself in bodily harm to do so. Maybe it is a little outdated, and cave manish, but I don't care. When Sasha told me about the fight, and I saw Rick's knuckles, the bruise on his forehead from head butting Mike, I wore his ass that night. Even made a successful attempt at my second BJ, with a happy ending down my throat.

There is such raw honesty in our imperfections, our willingness to just be open, and maybe just a little bit crazy for each other, that the thought of us not making this thing work pains me down to my soul, on my most basic level of existence. And I know that the same is true for Rick, so whatever it takes to keep this thing going, I'm all in, and I needed him to know. That, and… Sasha also told me that she heard Mike yelling and that he told Rick about our kiss when I broke up with him. Rick hasn't brought that up so I have to assume he's willing to let that ride. At least I hope he is, because I don't know how to fully explain that to him in a way that won't hurt both of us, and that by not telling him before, that it won't cause some irreparable damage to our relationship.

Shaking my head a little, my focus is back in my bedroom, back on my mother. "Well, I'm glad you guys are focused on making this work. This is the way it should have been for you with Mike. It's what you deserve. Organic, imperfect, messy, passionate." She wistfully sighs in a dramatic, Scarlet O'Hara manner, then continues. "Romantic. This is what your father and I always wanted for you. Not for you to feel beholden to some archaic idea of how relationships should go, but the messy reality of how they actually work. You got this, little girl." She winks at me, a proud smile on her lips.

"Thanks, Mom."

Rising from her stool, she leans over and hugs me to her, leading me out of my bedroom. "Let's go before Shane eat us out of house and home!"


"I been calling her, texting her, almost everyday. And don't you know half the time she won't answer her phone, and when she responds to texts it's like one word. One word! What's up with that?" Animatedly ranting and raving about Sasha's apparent lack of overt, or reciprocal interest in him, Shane has been wallowing in his feelings for her since our party. "I mean, I don't like to toot my own horn, but the sex was good as hell! Why is she trying to play me?!"

Seated in the middle on the bench seat of Rick's truck, between Rick who was driving, and Shane in the passenger seat, I can only laugh at him. I shouldn't laugh, but well, it's funny. Sasha has the usually confident Shane so sprung, twisted inside out, that he doesn't know which way is up. I feel sorry for him, and it's making me want to tell him that he really should chalk up his losses while he can, and let his pursuit of her go. Sasha is not a bad person; she just doesn't do commitment. If Shane would actually pay attention to the signs she's putting out there, and the way she's treating him, he would see that she's not really trying to be bothered. She's not like me, with the exception that both of us were allergic to the idea of love, at least until I met Rick. No, Sasha is the epitome of a free spirit. Her parents are divorced, and she was raised by her father, and a family of hulking big brothers. As such she has developed a cavalier, more male based approach to dating. She considers herself a feminist who enjoys the merits and freedom of dating like a man. Men are afforded the opportunity to see more than one person at a time, to eschew the societal based need for marriage and children at a young age. Shane simply doesn't seem to want to understand this about her. To see that he may have met his match in Sasha. No, he got a little taste of her raw physicality, her spunk, her beauty, her quick wit and intelligence, and now he's sprung. I suppose if all he has ever had are bland, King County, Lori and Andrea clones, I don't blame him.

On the other hand, I hate to tell him this, but Sasha has already moved on. When I let her take my Jeep and drive it into the city yesterday, she told me that she did enjoy her time with Shane and that he was one of the best lovers she has ever had. She even mentioned that she had briefly considered doing it again, but that he is already so clingy with all the calls and texts that she's probably not interested in a repeat performance because she's already having a hard time getting rid of him. Poor Shane. Rick told me to stay out of it, to let Shane figure this out on his own, and that truth be told, he's not getting anything he doesn't deserve based on his own past treatment of women.

Not wanting him to continue down this spiral of abject despondency, needlessly questioning his own game, and knowing that Sasha might deserve it a little herself, I decide to toss out a little life saver to Shane. "You know, she did tell me that she had a good time with you. I'll bet that with us moving, and school about to start, she is just really busy. You'll get to see her in a little while anyway. She should be at the apartment waiting on the new furniture to be delivered." I respond, giving him a little nod of encouragement. Immediately, I feel a squeeze of pressure from Rick's hand that is wedged between my thighs, high and at the hem of my tiny jean shorts. Looking over to him to see his reaction, his handsome face holds an amused smirk as he shakes his head a nearly imperceptible amount that Shane does not see it. Angling my body over towards Rick's, I scoot closer to him, and lay my head on his shoulder.

"She said that?"

"Yep."

"You know what? I figured as much. I mean, not to give y'all too much info, but I pulled out all my freak shit for her. Cause I wanted to impress her. And she was throwing down some stuff too! Man, I just… There's something… I like her. That's all I'm gonna say."

"Why do you like her though, Shane? Not trying to be funny, but you like all women period. I can't think of a woman over the age of 18 and under the age of 40 in King County you haven't liked at some point or another. What's got you so twisted this time?" Rick muses, questioning the validity of Shane's apparent thirst for Sasha. Rick has told me about some of Shane's exploits with women, but I don't judge because I know Sasha, and I know she has her own style of dating that some would also frown upon. Especially for a woman. But there does seem to be some kind of earnest connection between them. Maybe more so for Shane than Sasha, but make no mistake about it, she did say she enjoyed being with him.

"She just don't take no shit, ya know? And I kinda like the chase, that she's not so easy. That she's not trying to play some suzy homemaker bullshit and get me down the aisle yesterday. She speaks plainly about what she wants, no games. Rick, you know what I'm talking about. She's just having fun and being cool, and she's smart and funny. Beautiful…" He trails off that last bit as his gaze is now directed out of the window, then down to his phone as though he was hoping she would call right then. "Yeah. You know what, cuz? You're probably right about her just being real busy. She is probably just distracted right?"

"Yep. A lot is going on for both of us right now. And it's only going to get busier, so take it easy on her. If you ever look at her IG you would see that she is super busy." I agree on a small yawn, letting my eyes drift closed, feeling the drowsy affects of the monotonous sound and vibration of a long car ride. Snuggling into Rick's side, basking in the fresh talc scent of his aftershave, I allow myself to relax and enjoy the drive leaving King County, and into the city. Thinking over my advice to Shane, I can't help but consider in the haze of my lazy, sleepy thoughts, that my words are a warning for Rick and I as well. Things are only going to get busier, and I hope that for us, that's not a predictor of hard times to come.


"You could at least answer my calls, return a text when I send it instead of a day later with a damn LOL!"

"Shane, I could do all of that. I'm not going to though. I don't have a boyfriend or a husband, so I don't owe you or anyone other than my daddy an immediate return text or phone call."

"Why are you acting like you didn't enjoy being with me? Huh? You liked it enough when I had you hollering and climbing the walls! Begging me for more."

"What can I say, Shane? The sex was amazing. But, it was… sex. And having it once, twice, how ever many times we did it, does not mean that we are in a relationship!"

Lying on my back in my brand new queen size bed, with Rick in between my legs, his head on my abdomen, we are quietly listening to Shane and Sasha yell at each other. Back and forth. Their raised voices are easily punching through the walls of our shared condo, damaging the peacefully hushed calm in my bedroom. With the lights off, a few candles going, and soft music in the background, we are attempting to enjoy our last opportunity to enjoy a night together for awhile. Rubbing my fingers through Rick's fine, curly hair, always longer on the top and tapered at the back and sides, the consistent in and out pattern of his relaxed breathing offers a soothing balm to the riotous disquiet of their constant arguing.

When we arrived earlier this morning, getting in just after rush hour traffic, per my mother's guidance, Sasha had a friend here helping her get moved in. God help us all, as soon as Shane was introduced to Sasha's friend, Spencer, it was like throwing gasoline on the flames of Shane's anger. The drama only escalated from there as Sasha did not send Spencer packing with Shane's arrival. Instead, he stayed nearly the whole day, only leaving after a dinner of takeout Chinese that he paid for, for everyone. And he stuck pretty close to Sasha's side, bringing in her things from his truck, making it evident that they he had been with her probably since yesterday when she gathered her things from her father's house.

Though Spencer seems nice enough to me, as a lobbyist, and the rich child of an Ohio congresswoman, it was all too much for Shane, who has taken his presence as a declaration of war. From snarky comments, to physically jostling to help move around furniture, it has been a tragic comedy from the start, all of which seems to be slightly amusing to Sasha. Even when I pulled her to the side and asked her what she was going to do about it, she responded on a raucous laugh that there is nothing for her to do except let them keep moving her things for her. Of course she also made sure to remind me that not too long ago my current boyfriend kicked my ex-boyfriend's ass at my birthday party, so until Shane and Spencer come to blows I shouldn't worry about it. As usual snarky ass Sasha is right, so I decided to stay out of it.

Now that Spencer is gone, and it's well after 11 pm, Shane and Sasha are in her room having what I'm dubbing, a pre-fuck quarrel, to get their adrenaline flowing. I can't imagine how else their arguing could end, seeing as Rick and Shane are staying the night, and leaving in the morning. I sincerely doubt that Sasha is going to make Shane sleep on the couch.

"l really wish they would just fuck and get it over with already. She probably wants to; I know he wants to. It's crazy, and you need your rest since you have to work tomorrow afternoon."

"I'll be fine. If she likes him what's she seeing that Spencer guy for?" Rick asks, passively rubbing the flat palm of his warm hand up and down my thigh.

"Sasha is her father's daughter, and her brothers' sister. She was the only female in a male dominated home and she has taken on a lot of their ways in terms of dating I guess. But, she's also very much just in tuned with her own femininity and freedom to be whoever she wants to be. She doesn't give a damn what others think of her, and she does what makes her happy. Sometimes I wish I was more like her."

"Why? You're perfect just like you are."

"No I'm not. Thank you for thinking I am though. I mean, I don't care what people think of me either, but I wish I was as free as she is. She's always been that way. Since my dad died, and I went through therapy, I have played it safe for the most part, taken everything so serious when maybe I should not have. I don't always take chances because I don't know that I can survive the loss."

Raising up to make eye contact with me, Rick's brows are furrowed, concern in his eyes. "What would you change then? Are you unhappy with how your life is going?"

"No, not really. I just wonder if me deviating from others' expectations sooner, would have led me to you earlier. I want this to work out so bad, Rick. I didn't know how bad until this week, until today when I'm laying here with you, and who knows when we might be able to be like this again? I have to admit to you that I'm scared that even if we try hard, this still might not work. I'll be devastated."

"That's the chance we take to love someone isn't it? That's why it's so hard to let someone in. Give them that kind of power over you. The kind you have over me."

"Over each other."

"The truth is we could lose each other. This might not work out. But, we have to try. You're worth it. This love between us is worth it. And, pretty girl, I think we will make it. That regardless of how far apart we are, we will always find our way back to each other. Our love is strong enough to do that."

"But, how do you know? It's only been a few months. People who have been together for years sometimes can't hold it together."

"No clue. I just do. I know it." A tiny laugh escapes him, as he shakes his head back and forth. "I'll come every weekend that I'm off."

"And I'll come home every weekend that I can." I promise.

"And I'm working on getting promoted to corporal, that's going to require I keep working hard. I'll keep volunteering for extra shifts so I can keep saving. Stay busy."

"Right. And of course you will make corporal. You're the best thing going in King County." I smile at him, beaming at the thought of my man being so ambitious and hard working. "You know, it makes me feel better that you will be occupied, staying out of and away from trouble. I'm taking the max load of classes so that I can graduate in the spring, so it's going to be hard for me. For us." Fidgeting with my fingers for a moment, biting at my nails, the gravity of our on and off separation over the next couple of months is really hitting me. Especially if I dwell on who could potentially be the source of any trouble.

"We've got this, pretty girl. We just have to make sure we communicate and see each other as often as we can, and be honest with each other. Right?" Quirking his eyebrow over his left eye, I get the sense that Rick is going to delve further into the kiss with Mike, but his silence as he waits for me to answer tells me otherwise. Maybe he has completely forgotten about it, or realizes that it's not a big deal? More than likely he's waiting on me to confess it to him, but I'm certain that right now is not the right time.

"Right, baby."

Shifting so that his back is now against the headboard, he offers me his outstretched hand. "Come here." Moving over, I climb across his lap, straddling him with my knees pressed to the mattress on either side of him. Hugging my body close with one arm wrapped around my waist, and the other hooked around my shoulders, his hand is lightly massaging the back of my neck. His comforting movements are calming my agitated spirit.

Things seem to have quieted down in Sasha's room now, with only the hushed whispers of their voices, now tamped down to a minor hum, lightly invading our space. My iPhone shuffles to the next song, "Till it Happens to You", and the smooth, jazzy voice of Corrine Bailey Rae, backed by an acoustic guitar, drapes the room in a romantic trance.

It used to feel like heaven 
Used to feel like may 
I used to hear those violins playing our strings like a symphony 
Now they've gone away 
Nobody wants to face the truth 
But you wont believe what love can do 
Till it happens to you 
Till it happens to you

Using his hand on my neck, Rick lifts my head to his, lovingly staring down into my eyes, his own now almost clear as glass. Emboldened by his confidence in our love, the passion and love for this man stirring in my chest, along with his firm possessive clutch on my body, I'm driven to lean into him and claim his pink lips. Sucking, licking, biting. In between kisses, when we release each other to succumb to our need for air, Rick's erotic moans, delivered in the same gruff bass of his previously spoken affirmations, send a spike of arousal to my pussy. Immediately, I pull away, reminded that I'm on my period, and all of this foreplay is tortuously going to lead to a dramatic let down.

"Rick, baby. Wait." I groan, in an agonized voice, pissed that my period decided to show up this afternoon. Figuring I had at least another day before it's unwelcome arrival, I neglected to make love to Rick this morning. Instead, we will both be left with a glaring sexual void on our last night together for the summer. "I'm on my period, babe. I can't."

With his weighty erection pressed between us, pointed towards his belly button on his abdomen, my words break through his erotic trance, and he stops kissing me. "That's not a problem for me." He quickly dismisses, resuming his all consuming kisses, dotting them down my neck to my breasts. Sucking them into his mouth, his tongue rolls over my nipples, stiffening and arousing them until it's almost painful.

"Rick!" I call out to him again, gripping tightly to his hair to get his attention, needing to stop him before I get so far gone that I can't. Instead he groans at the intense sensation, that only seems to spur on his carnal appetite.

"Hm?" He distractedly responds, adding pressure to my spine, greedily shoving my breasts further into his warm, wet mouth. With his other hand, he has a tight hold to his cock, pumping the flesh at a steady, measured pace.

"I… No. I don't think I'm ready for that just yet. I can't." I stutter, shaking me head, disbelieving in his unburdened response to me being on my period. "Rick, it would be… messy."

"Huh?" On a deep sigh, he appears to be finally registering my reluctance, and releases me from his hold and his mouth, as well as himself. "Oh? Ok. Ok. Sorry." Rubbing a hand down his reddened face, he leans back, resting on the headboard again. "I got carried away. We can finish this another time."

Reclined back on his thighs, taking noticing of the continual deep heave of his chest as he tries to get a hold of himself, along with the swollen stiffness that his cock is maintaining, I decide that we can finish this now.

The song shuffles again through my Spotify mellow mix, landing on Maroon 5's "Secret", joined at the same time by the syncopated banging of a headboard on the wall in Sasha's room next to mine, and the random curse word loudly growled from masculine lips.

Watch the sunrise
Say your goodbyes
Off we go
Some conversation
No contemplation
Hit the road

Car overheats
Jump out of my seat
On the side of the highway, baby
Our road is long
Your hold is strong
Please don't ever let it go, oh no

"They aren't the only ones who can have some fun." Easing back, and nudging Rick's legs open, I'm prostrate in front of him, resting on my own legs tucked beneath me. Reading the intent in my eyes, he again takes hold of the shaft of his cock, massaging the head with his thumb. Witnessing the way he handles himself is inciting a spark of arousal in me, and I can feel my mouth watering in anticipation.

"You want a taste, pretty girl?"

"Yes."

"Here." He points his cock towards me and lifts his legs, bending them at the knee. "Taste."

Biting at my bottom lip, I raise my eyes to his, as I bend and open my mouth to swallow as much of him as I can. Hearing the wild moans of my cousin Sasha raising high above the music, I'm reminded of the few tips she gave me regarding giving head. Relax my jaw. Keep my lips wet and wrapped around my teeth, and allow my spit to drench his cock for lubrication. Use my hand and mouth at the same time, twisting my fist to provide tantalizing friction. Swirl my tongue around the head. It's a lot to try and keep track of, and with this only being my third attempt ever I know I won't remember it all, but the fact that I get such an unanticipated thrill from doing it, makes me eager to keep trying and to get better.

Taking in as much of his length as I can, feeling him nudge the back of my throat, I try to relax my jaws and tongue, to allow me to accept even more of him. Instantly I'm met with the soft tickle of his fine, dark pubic hairs against my nose, the masculine musk of him driving me a little wild. Squirming, and pressing my thighs together, a tiny tingle zips through my clit, delivering a welcomed jolt of pleasure. Tentatively my hand wraps around the thick base of him. Already sensing the wetness of my saliva drizzling down the shaft, I begin a slow curl and pull of my fist, meeting my lips to my hand on the way down.

Making eye contact with Rick, latching my mocha brown eyes to his ocean blues, his focused attention to my movements, and the obvious affect they are having on him, are encouraging me to speed up my pace.

"That's it, baby. Your mouth feels so good on my dick." Reaching out towards me, he grabs a handful of my hair that is threatening to conceal my face from him, and pulls it into his fist. Now that my whole face, my fast sucking lips, and my laving tongue are exposed to his gaze, he's panting through his partially opened lips. "That's it, take more of me in your throat. Just a little more. Fuck! That's it, pretty girl." The more vocal he is in his appreciation, the more I want to control him with my mouth, welcoming the messiness of me gagging on his length. Up and down, my mouth continues a punishing pace, as my own excitement blossoms with the tight sting of the way he's rigidly gripping my hair.

Hearing the soft hisses escape between his teeth, and watching his tongue swipe over the plump swell of his bottom lip, I tighten my mouth's grip, determined to send him over the edge. "Michonne, baby, I'm about to cum." Pulling at my hair he's attempting to lift my head from his lap, but I hold my mouth in place, increasing the suction of my jaws. "Shiiit! No, don't..." It's too late though, as his spurting seed dribbles onto the back of my tongue, and his hips begin a nearly imperceptible push forward into my mouth.

"Mmmmm..." Swallowing, now satisfied with the throbbing shiver pulsing through my core, I release my hold on his cock, and lay my head on his stomach to watch his face for a sign that he's sated and relaxed.

"You're getting too good at that. I might not ever let you out of my sight." Rubbing his fingers hypnotically over my swollen lips, a small smirk twists his mouth, but his focus on me remains intense. "I'm serious. I think I've got this dangerous addiction to you."

"You think?"

"I know."

"Dangerous?"

"Absolutely."

As the music shuffles once again to Sade's "No Ordinary Love", I'm inclined to agree with how perfectly that song describes the exquisitely unique and profound attachment we have to each other.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.