Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I love werewolf stories and since i dont see many aroundhere I decided to try my hand at one.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


MIA

 

I looked around at the people surrounding me at the dinner table. My best friend Elizabeth Jones, her husband Ian, and Elizabeth's parents Diana and Phil West. I should be happy to be surrounded by people I loved but I was anything but happy. The only thing I wanted to do was to go back to the studio and record new music. And that was the plan, or at least, I thought it was the plan. See, I was poised and ready to go back in the studio as soon as I finished my world tour until Beth surprised me by pulling up to her parents bed and breakfast someplace in South Dakota. I've been trapped here a week and I am beyond ready to get back to work. Problem was, Beth was my manager as well as my best friend so she held my schedule in the palm of her hands and my schedule was clear for the next month.

 

"Mia honey. Are you ok?" Mrs. West asked. I hadn't realized I was zoning out a little bit. I wasn't even sure what the conversation had been about.

 

"I'm fine but...you know what I am not really hungry. I think I am going to go outside for a bit and then call it a night."

 

I excused myself from the table and made my way outside to the porch and plopped down in one of the huge rocking chairs. No sooner than I got comfortable I heard the screen door slam. I glanced over to see Beth in the chair next to me.

 

"Are you still upset, Mia?"

 

I sighed, "I don't know what I am right now."

 

"You know I did this for you, right?"

 

"Beth, I have my own ideas about how to run my life. I know what I need and I just wish you would have told me what was going on instead of ambushing me like this."

 

"You need to heal Mia..."

 

"Music is how I heal Beth and you took that away from me for the moment."

 

"Stop being dramatic Mia. I scheduled you a few intimae lounge engagements so you still have your music. You just finished a world tour. You have been going a mile a minute since your CD released and you need to rest otherwise you will burn out. I am not going to apologize for looking out for you as a friend and manager. You will thank me sooner or later."

 

"I am just going to take a walk." I said getting up from the chair and heading towards the trail that circled around the house. I am not sure how long I walked the path until I saw a small clearing in the bushes just off to the side of the trail. I decided to venture off the path and follow the clearing. Soon enough it opened up to a small clearing on the edge of a cliff. The view was breathtaking and I sat down on a log to admire the view.

 

"Who are you?" I heard a voice behind me after I had been sitting there for a while. I turned around and saw a tall, well built, blonde man staring at me curiously. "Who are you?" I asked back.

 

"Shawn, I am...security. So, again who are you?"

 

"A friend of Elizabeth Jones."

 

"A friend with no name?" He said as he stepped closer and plopped down on the log next to me.

 

"Mia Kane."

 

Shawn looked thoughtful for a moment, "Your name sounds familiar but I am sure we haven't met before."

 

"You've never heard of me before?" I asked genuinely surprised, it was rare for me to meet someone who hadn't heard of me and my music. But it was definitely refreshing to be anonymous. "I'm sorry that sounded a big arrogant, huh?" I said after Shawn gave me a curious look.

 

"A little bit, so how should I know you?"

 

"I'm a singer."

 

"Really...lets hear."

 

"Right now?" I asked.

 

"Yeah don't tell me you are shy." He said chuckling.

 

Honestly, performing still made me nervous especially when it was in small crowds. It was a little easier in large venues. I was further away from the audience and that made it easier to distance myself. I wasn't able to see each individual person on a large stage because of the distance and the bright lights. I smiled, "Maybe just a little bit."

 

"So you are a singer who is too shy to sing. That's a first."

 

I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and sang the beginning of a song off my album.

 

 

"Boy if you ever left my

My side

It'd be like taking the sun from

The sky

I'd probably die without

You in

My life

'Cause I need you to

Shine, shine

Your Light

 

You're everything to me, hey

The air that I breathe, oh

I sigh so I see, oh, Lord, hey

You're everything to me"*

 

I opened my eyes to find Shawn staring at me in what I assumed to be awe.

 

"Amazing." he said smiling.

 

I shrugged, "I do ok."

 

"What brings you out here to the middle of nowhere?"

 

"Elizabeth made me. See seems to think fresh air and trees will help me get over....everything."

 

"Well, fresh air and peace and quiet can be good for the soul, if you let it." Shawn said.

 

I rolled my eyes, he sounded just like Beth and it was annoying. Thankfully, we sat in silence after that just taking in the view and the stupid fresh air that everyone kept raving about. As the sun started to set Shawn stood up. "I think we should call it a night, its getting late."

 

"We? I'm fine, I'll head back in a few."

 

He shook his head and reached out a hand to me, "Nope, there are wolves in the woods and I don't want you out here alone in the dark. You are the perfect prey." He said looking me up and down as I took his hand and stood up. Once he said wolves that was enough for me. As we walked through the trees back towards the house we laughed and talked. Shawn seemed like a pretty good guy and I hadn't smiled so much since I arrived at the bed and breakfast.

 

"We made it back safe and sound." Shawn said as we stepped onto the porch.

 

"Yes, we did. Thank you for keeping me from getting eaten by wild wolves."

 

"Anytime." Shawn said flashing a killer smile my way.

 

Maybe this place wont be that bad after all, I thought to myself as I made my way inside and upto my room.

 

***********

 

ETHAN

 

I sighed as I waited for my luggage in the baggage claim area. There were a lot of things I hated about being an Alpha and going to the yearly Alpha conference was one of them. It was day after day of meetings and seminars and boredom. Even thought my pack was small, that didn't exempt me from being forced to attend the conference. Truth be told having a small pack was fine by me. Being in charge of one hundred people was hard so I could only imagine being in change of hundreds or even thousands. Most Alphas craved that power and attention but I was the opposite. I wanted to run my small pack effectively, find my mate, and have one or two pups.

 

Finally my bag came around on the carousel and a snatched it up and headed outside. My second in command Shawn was picking me up from the airport. He had been running the pack while I was away. Unfortunately my work wasn't over, I still needed to get updates from Shawn on all the pack happenings since I had been away for the last month.

 

As soon as I got into Shawn's car my wolf was on edge, something smelled off but I couldn't quite place it. I was unlike other wolves in the fact that I didn't try to suppress my wolf at all. He was part of me so unless I was around humans I was apt to give in to what ever he wanted. His instincts had yet to lead me astray.  Tonight however, my level of exhaustion made me in no mood for his antics instinct or not.  "What are you listening to?" I asked as he pulled away from the curb. I leaned my chair back a little and closed my eyes trying to calm the anxiousness I felt.

 

"Mia Kane, she's Elizabeth's client and friend. Remember she's staying at the bed and breakfast for he month."

 

I rolled my eyes, I had a dislike for humans they were the worst species I had ever come across. Humans had no tolerance for their own kind, they were racist, sexist, homophobic, and the list goes one. Most species has a strong loyalty to each other but humans for some reason didn't have that at all. And celebrity humans seemed even worse than normal ones. "Just take me to the pack house instead of the bed and breakfast. I am not in the mood to deal with a human." I said. As we drove, strangely, I found the music to be relaxing and most of my anxiousness was melting away as I listed to the voice on the radio.

 

I will cross the ocean for you

I will go and bring you the moon

I will be your hero, your strength

Anything you need

I will be the sun in your sky

I will light your way for all time

Promise you, for you I will

 

 

Shawn started rambling on about the happenings of the pack and I tried to focus on what he was saying but between the voice on the radio and my wolf acting a fool. I could hardly focus. The only thing I was interested in was getting home, taking a shower and going to sleep in my own bed.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.