Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


ETHAN

 

A week after our fight and things have been marginally better between me and Shawn. I guess kicking my ass made him feel better. Meanwhile, I was still in the same funk. My wolf was STILL sleeping outside Mia's door and I was still miserable and moody. Somehow I found myself wandering around in the woods I was pretty sure that my wolf was on a quest to lead me to Mia as he was prone to do.

 

I hoped I didn't find Shawn and Mia together again, it seemed any time I wouldn't find Shawn, which was often, I could find them somewhere together. Usually at this spot in the forest overlooking a cliff.

 

I slowed to a stop as I started to hear voices on the path up ahead of me. I ducked into the trees and crept closer to the voices. I found Mia surrounded by 3 females from my pack and it didn't look like they were having a friendly conversation.

 

"You really should just pack your shit and leave." The red head who was mated to one of my lower ranked warriors said to Mia.

 

Kelly, who was mated to one of my Gamma's spoke next. "Alpha doesn't even want you and no wonder why, who would want a weak human for a mate anyway."

 

The three females were circling her as if getting ready to attack. But Mia seemed unfazed by the whole thing. Her training must have been going well. "And why is it your concern what the Alpha thinks or feels about me?" Mia questioned?

 

"We're his pack and as such that makes it our concern." The blonde third girl said taking a threatening step forward.

 

"The Alpha doesn't need you 3 skanks speaking for him."

 

"We could kill you right now and he would probably be relieved to have this burden lifted off of him."

 

I heard enough and I was about to step out from my hiding spot when Mia swung on the blonde girl standing in front of her who dropped pretty much instantly. Kelly, who was behind her at this point grabbed her by the arm but Mia swung around and hit her too. Kelly was a bit harder for her to take down but after a short scuffle, Mia had her on the ground. The red head hesitated but decided to attack and swiftly hit the ground next to her friends.

 

I was impressed, she had some skills. It appeared Neil was teaching her well.

 

"The next time any of you approach me I expect a real challenge for my Luna position otherwise keep your asses away from me." I heard Mia say before she walked away from them.

 

Since she was coming in my direction I stepped out of my hiding place.

 

She came to a stop in front of me, I fully expected her to back away from me like she normally did but she must have been high off adrenaline because I didn't notice the usual fear coming from her.

 

"That was impressive." I said.

 

"Yeah thanks." She mumbled after a moments hesitation.

 

"Shawn seemed to think that you were having issues with some of the pack members who didn't like you."

 

"Yeah well, I grew up in a small town and my family was one of only 4 black families so I know how to handle bullies. Apparently wolves are no different from humans."

 

She made a move to pass me and I stepped in front of her blocking her path.

 

"Is there something you want?" She asked clearly annoyed with me.

 

"Based on my conversation with Shawn I think we should talk."

 

"I don't have a damn thing to say to you." She said folding her arms across her chest.

 

"Fine. Just listen....this distance between us is effecting my pack and I would like to come to some sort of...arrangement in order to ensure my pack stays intact."

 

"And what makes you think I care whether or not your pack falls apart at the seams?"

 

I shrugged, "You care about Beth, my parents, Neil, Dawn....need I go on?"

 

"You are such a bastard. You'll use my feelings for your family to get what you want?"

 

"Listen, I don't want to do this any more than you do. However, I need to keep my pack together long enough for us to break this bond?"

 

She perked up a bit ad I could tell I had her undivided attention. "I was told it couldn't be done."

 

I shrugged, "I haven't heard of a way but I fully intend to explore every possibility before I give up."

 

She seemed was silent for a moment, "Let me think about it."

 

"What's there to think about? Don't you want to get rid of the bond?"

 

"Yes, and so do you so you will work on removing it regardless of whether or not I put up this charade with you. So I don't see what the benefit is to me here. The more time I spend with you the more this stupid bond is going to grow. Honestly this plan is kind of counter productive to what we both want.

 

Besides your pack isn't stupid. Once we carry on with this for awhile and I never mark you they are gonna know something is up."

 

She did have a point and I didn't think of that. "Do you have any better ideas?"

 

"I'll come up with something." She said finally pushing past me and heading back towards the pack house.

 

MIA

 

I tossed and turned all night thinking about Ethan's idea. It was stupid to say the least and I wanted no parts of any plan that was going to put me in constant close proximity to him.

 

The werewolf world was tricky and really I'd had about enough. I wanted to get away from it all. Maybe clear my head and come up with a game plan.

 

I glanced at my phone and noticed it was almost three a.m. everyone should be sleep so this was the perfect time to make a break for it. I'd done it everyone else's way long enough. 

 

I grabbed my phone, charger and purse and headed towards my bedroom door. I briefly considered packing a bag but honestly it would just slow me down and anything I needed I could just repurchased once I got to L.A. I didn't even  bother changing sine I was wearing sweat pants and a tank top. I did however grab my scarf and some flip flops. I almost screamed bloody murder when I opened the door and noticed a wolf curled up sleeping in my doorway. 

 

After I calmed down I realized the wolf I was looking at was Ethan and I couldn't help but wonder why he was asleep here and how often he did this. I didn't let the thought linger too long though. I closed the door and went to the window. I had a first floor room so it was easy for me to push the screen out and crawl out of the window. I rushed towards the garage. I knew I would be able to get a vehicle because the keys for any community cars were kept in the garage on hooks.

 

I grabbed the first pair of keys within reach and pressed the unlock button so the lights would flash and I could find it. Once located I slid behind the wheel of the Jeep Cherokee and started it up. When the engine roared to life it sounded like the loudest noise ever but the garage was a fair distance from the house so I hoped that no one heard the car start.

 

I pulled out of the drive way and stared up my GPS I needed to find the airport so I could get on the first thing smoking out of town. As much as I wanted to go I didn't feel 100% happy at the thought of leaving. Part of me wanted to stay and I knew that part was the wolf who wasn't going to be too happy about me leaving Ethan. But I couldn't stay any longer. I was my own person use to doing my own thing and being a wolf and a Luna didn't seem like it was going to allow me that freedom any more.  So ignored the ache in my chest and pushed forward. 

 

The drive to the airport was uneventful but I couldn't help being on pins and needles the whole time. I just knew Ethan and Shawn were going to pop up and drag me back to the pack. By the time I got to the airport they were just opening the ticket counter. The woman who I purchase I ticket from recognized me right away but I think she could tell by the look in my eyes that I didn't want a scene to be made over me. She quietly whispered how much she loved my music though. I thanked her and continued on my way through security. I made sure to purchase a hat to hopefully disguise me a little bit. I didn't relax the whole time I was waiting to board the plane my leg was shaking and my eyes were darting around the airport nervously. I am kind of surprised that now one called security on me because I was sure I looked pretty suspicious.

 

 

My nerves literally didn't calm down until the wheels of the plane left solid ground. After that I leaned back in my seat and closed my eyes. In only a few short hours I would be back at home where I belonged. And maybe I could finally make sense of this mess.






Chapter End Notes:

I'm back again! i have so many different directions i want to take this story. I am starting to stray from my outline. LOL now i wonder what the point was of outlining if i am just gonna go with the flow anyway. Anyway, hope you enjoyed this one!







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.