Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


MIA

A few days after meeting Shawn, Beth and her mom convinced them to help me make apple pies. Apparently, the pies were sold in town to bring in a bit of extra money from tourists.  So, here I was in the kitchen peeling and slicing apples for pies. I had to admit that once I stopped being stubborn I was starting to enjoy my time here. I started running again which is something I use to enjoy doing before my career took off and I got so busy. It was easy to run here because no one was around, which meant to paparazzi to harass me.

 

I watched Mrs. West and Beth interact and my heart clinched with memories of my mom, and sister and me doing things just like this. A sudden wave of crushing sadness overcame me and suddenly I wasn't feeling up to baking anymore. I quietly excused myself and ventured out to my spot on the cliff. For some reason that little log had become a safe haven to me. Once I made it out there I plopped down on the log and stared out and the trees stretching across the horizon. If someone had told me a two years ago this would be my life I never would have believed them. Back then I was a struggling artist, with a fiancé and a family who loved me. Now amazingly the only thing I had left was my music. I twirled my engagement ring around on my finger, I was trying to continue to make them proud, so their deaths wouldn't be in vain, but it was hard.

 

I turned around when I heard a rustling in the trees behind me. A few seconds later Shawn emerged. He walked over and sat down next to me. In the few days since I had met him, he was becoming a friend. He was so easy to talk to and since he hadn't known who I was beforehand he didn't have any preconceived notions about me or my situation. He also wasn't constantly looking at me with pity in his eyes.

 

"What's wrong?" he asked as soon as he got close to me.

 

"Would you believe me if I said nothing?" I asked trying to avoid the question.

 

"No, so spill."

 

I sighed, "About a year and a half ago I was invited to perform at the Grammy's and I was also nominated as best new artist. My whole family was coming to see it, mon, dad, my sister Sara, and my fiancé Theo. On the way there, the plane crashed. All of them died. I was at the Grammy's having the night of my live, winning an award performing for millions of people and my family was dying."

 

"I'm sorry to hear that." Shawn said gently rubbing my shoulder. I glanced over at him, thankful not to see pity in his eyes. He seems sad for me but there was no pity.

 

I sighed, "I just threw myself into my work and the tour. Working helped me so much."

 

"So, Elizabeth brought you our here to rest and relax...and mourn?" He said still rubbing my shoulder.

 

I nodded. The grieving process was hard, and working was my way of avoiding it all and now that all I had around me was quietness I had no choice but to face everything head on. I leaned on Shawn's shoulder while I let tears flow.

 

ETHAN

 

I sat at my desk looking over a few pieces of paperwork, my pack had 4 different bed and breakfast and a bar in the immediate area, but our big cash cow was a night club we had in the city. The income we generated was enough to give us all a pretty nice life we weren't super rich but none of my pack ever wanted for anything. Shawn handled everything exceptionally well when I was away so thankfully I didn't have any extra work to do.

 

Just then Shawn came in wearing that stupid grin he had been wearing ever since I got back from my trip. Along with the grin came that strange smell and the agitation of my wolf. It was starting to get to a point where I couldn't ignore it any more. Something was up and somehow Shawn was involved.

 

"Where have you been?" I asked I figured I would start there and hopefully determine why he smelled weird.

 

"At your parent's house." He said plopping on the chair across from my desk.

 

"Again?" His new obsession with my parents' house was weird he, he usually spend his time around the back house or at the bar or night club.

 

"Yeah, I went to see Mia."

 

Mia, Shawn had mentioned that name on more than one occasion and I failed to see how a human could be that interesting that he had to visit her practically every day. But my curiosity was peaked. "What's so special about her?"

 

"I don't know man. I feel this weird connection to her."

 

"She's your mate?" I asked slightly horrified at the thought of a weak human for a mate. He frowned.

 

"I don't think so. I don't have the same feelings that have been described to me by people who have met their mates. But I do like her a lot. I mean she is sexy and she has the voice of an angel. She's black, which is different for me. I have never been attracted to black girls but.... damn."

 

"I can't believe I am about to say this, but...let go back to my parents' house. I need to see this human for myself."

 

The drive to my parents' house was quick, Shawn and I discussed some pack matters on the way. When we finally got to the house my wolf started acting up again and I knew what ever was going on most likely had something to do with the human. When entered the house and went to the top floor to my parent's suite. The had an apartment that spanned the top floor while the bed and breakfast took up the rest of the building.

 

"Hey mom, hey dad." I said as we entered their kitchen.

 

"Alpha, Luna." Shawn said bowing slightly. Even though my parents were no longer in charge most of the pack still referred to them by their titles. I figured it would remain that way at least until I found a Luna to rule by myside. I leaned against the counter with my arms folder across my chest as I caught my father up on all of the pack happenings.

 

As we talked my wolf started to get worked up again. This whole situation was starting to irritate me I started sniffing the air trying to determine what was happening. Just then the door opened, and the most amazing smell hit my nose. If you asked me to identify it in that moment I couldn't. All I knew was that it was intoxicating. My sister walked in the room with a gorgeous black girl trailing behind her. She must have been Mia and I had to agree with Shawn she was gorgeous. Her long hair was tied up in a ponytail. She had dark brown eyes that were so intense I swear I could feel her staring at me. A deep growl came from within me and everyone in the room turned to look at me, Mia's gaze was confused. Before I knew it or had the chance to stop it my wolf surged forward causing me to shift in the middle of the kitchen. 

 

MIA

I have seen a lot of things in my short 30 years on the planet but a man changing into a full-grown dog...wolf was a new one. The man who I assumed to be Beth's brother changed right before my eyes and was currently growling at me. After my initial shock I did what any sane person would do. I turned and ran. I heard shouting behind me Beth and Shawn were yelling at me to stop but there was no way in hell that was gonna happen.

 

Once I hit the hallway I took a right towards the stairs. I heard a loud grown behind me and before I knew it I hit the ground. I tried to crawl away but was flipped over and came face to face with the wolf who was currently growling in my face. I tried to slide away backwards when a large paw landed on my shoulder pinning me down to the ground. He lowered his face towards me and I couldn't help the scream that escaped my lips. "Please no." I whimpered as he drew closer.

 

A searing pain ripped through my neck right around the area where my neck and shoulder met. I was struggling when Beth crawled next to me. My shoulder was on fire and each time I moved I swore I could feel muscles tearing. "Mia, stop struggling. The wolf wants you to submit so just lay still and turn your head towards me." I looked at her like she was crazy. Stop struggling? Was she insane?

 

"Beth..."

 

"Trust me Mia, please just stop struggling and it will be ok I promise." Beth said.

 

 

I did my best to stop struggling and turn my heads towards her as instructed. It didn't seem to be working because it felt like the wolfs jaws were clamping down harder than ever. To make matters worse I felt like I was starting to pass out probably from losing blood due to the bite. I laid there for what seemed like an eternity with the wolf still clamped down on my shoulder. Beth was next to me the whole time altering between comforting me and bargaining with her brother to release me.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.