Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

 

 




Author's Chapter Notes:

The drama begins.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

Not Without A Fight

 

 

Chapter 1

 

I can’t believe what I just heard.  It can’t be true.  He said that he loved Natalie.  The words that he couldn’t say to me he said them to Natalie.  I can’t believe this.  I have to talk to John now!

 

If steam could come out of my ears it would now.  I stand in his office listening to him trying to explain that Natalie misunderstood what he said.  How could she misunderstand him saying that he loves her?  Is the girl delusional?  I don’t think so.  She didn’t just pull those words out of the air.

 

“The words that you couldn’t say to me, the woman you’re supposed to be with, you said them to Natalie.  Where do you think that leaves me John?”

 

“I don’t know but this sounds like an inquisition to me.”

 

If I could do it without getting arrested I would slap him in the mouth.  I would take my shoe and beat his head to a pulp.  He wants to get an attitude with me.  I don’t think so.

 

“I came to end this John.  I don’t want to be in a relationship with you anymore.”

 

“I don’t want this to end, Evangeline.”

 

“Well sometimes we can’t get what we want John. It’s over.  Goodbye ”

 

 

I leave his office before I burst out in tears.  I go to the park and sit for a while and then I go home.

 

--------------------------------------------------  

 

Weeks later I find myself tied to a pole and a fire blazing at my feet.  John rushes in and rescues Natalie and then after she is safe, he unties me.  Well I guess that says everything.

 

I’m in the hospital room coughing my lungs out from all the smoke lodged in them and what does John do?  Interrogates me about the Killing Club Killer.  No how are you?  No I’m sorry this happened to you.  No, I love you.  No nothing.  

 

“I can’t tell you John anymore than what I’ve already said.  He had on a mask. I couldn’t see his face and I didn’t recognize his voice.  Well the killer got you finally to make your choice between Natalie and me, John.  You chose her and now I know that’s whom you wanted all along.  I don’t have anything else to say.  I don’t know anymore.”

 

Well it turns out I did know some more and under hypnosis I gave them a clue as to where to find Natalie.  As usual John just had to be the one to rescue her.  I was too through.

 

--------------------------------------  

 

Natalie’s back at the office and I walk in just as John kisses her. I approach and leave with Natalie a package for Police Commissioner Buchanan and then I exit through one of the side doors.  John runs after me with some flimsy excuse that he needs to talk to me. I want to tell him to ‘shove it’ but I simply say that he doesn’t have to worry about me ever again.  I walk off with my head held high and returned to my office.







Chapter End Notes:

That's our Evangeline proud and determined to hold it together.  How long will that last?







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.