~*The Zodiac*~: Book 1: Capricorn by Butterfly
Summary: Adena Capricorn is a successful and highly organized 23 year old. Shes an art dealer at one of the most prestigious art galleries in Manhattan. This Capricornian has it all- a great job, great girlfriends and a loving husband. Until her world crashes down when she finds lipstick on her husbands shirt and finds help and solace in the most unexpected of places.How would a Capricorn handle this situation?
Categories: Music, Original Fiction Characters: None
Classification: Alternate Universe
Genre: Drama, Romance
Story Status: None
Pairings: None
Warnings: Adult Situations, Drugs/Drug Use, Racism, Strong Sexual Content , Work in Progress
Challenges: None
Series: ~*The Zodiac*~
Chapters: 21 Completed: Yes Word count: 55413 Read: 77426 Published: 02/04/10 Updated: 09/05/10
Story Notes:

Cast of Characters (random order):

Adena Capricorn

Taye Haughton

Bree Donatella

Ron Houston


Felicia Jones


Missy Evans

Craig David

Kim Madison

 

1. Chapter 1 by Butterfly

2. Chapter 2 by Butterfly

3. Chapter 3 by Butterfly

4. Chapter 4 by Butterfly

5. Chapter 5 by Butterfly

6. Chapter 6 by Butterfly

7. Chapter 7 by Butterfly

8. Chapter 8 by Butterfly

9. Chapter 9 by Butterfly

10. Chapter 10 by Butterfly

11. Chapter 11 by Butterfly

12. Chapter 12 by Butterfly

13. Chapter 13 by Butterfly

14. Chapter 14 by Butterfly

15. Chapter 15 by Butterfly

16. Chapter 16 by Butterfly

17. Chapter 17 by Butterfly

18. Chapter 18 by Butterfly

19. Chapter 19 by Butterfly

20. Chapter 20 by Butterfly

21. Chapter 21 by Butterfly

Chapter 1 by Butterfly
The Goat
December 22 - January 19
The tenth sign of the zodiac is concerned with:
* practicality, realism, hard work accomplishments
* planning, determination, persistence, success
* high status, good quality, reputation
* responsibility, difficulties, problems
* paternalism, authority, discipline
* money, wealth, long-term projects
* wisdom, loyalty, sensitivity to beauty

*

"So what do you think of this painting?"Adena Capricorn asked her client as she showed him around the art gallery that she worked at.She worked at Bree Donatella's art gallery. She had a great eye for art like the real Donatella had a great eye for fashion.She was sought after from a lot of art lovers in the SoHo section in New York City.Her gallery was one of the best kept secrets in SoHo and Adena was one of her top workers and sellers.

"Well you know,I dont really know what Im looking for"the man said to her."Im not into art.Most of the time I dont understand it"he said to her,"I dont want to be rude but this painting....it says nothing to me.I mean why would I pay a fortune that I can do myself?"he asked her

Adena nodded.He did have a point,"So nothing jumps out at you?"she asked him

"No.But she loves this place.She loves her art.But I just dont want to hang up something that I wont like to look at.Its all about her,yes,but I want to enjoy it too"he said

"I totally agree"Adena said to him as she walked away from that particular painting."Donatella says to me to never buy a painting that is just ok,that you dont have to have.Because if you do,you are forced to walk by it everyday,regretting it.When you pick a painting,it has to be the one from the minute you see it.So you dont have to pick one today,it may take awhile"

The man chuckled,"Like picking a mate"

Adena smiled at him,"Yeah like picking a mate"she said to him.No one has ever dis-ciphered it like that before but it made perfect sense.She wondered why she never thought of it like that.

*

Capricorn is the cardinal earth sign of the zodiac. It can be likened to the oldest and most valuable tree in the forest.

*

Adena sighed as she looked at her watch.It was a little after 7.She had another late night in the office but she didnt mind since it was productive. She looked forward to some true relaxation.However,when she opened the door,she was greeted with something different.A dirty hallway leading to a much dirtier kitchen and her husband of 10 months was sitting on the couch playing Halo with two of his friends.She sighed again but it wasnt as good as the first,it was frustration.

"Hey,heres my favorite girl"Taye Haughton,her husband,said to her while not taking his eyes off of the television."You're late,another late night at the office?"he asked her

"Yes obviously"she said to him,hands on her hips.What the hell was going on? Why wasnt the place clean? Why wasnt dinner ready or ready to be ready?"Taye?Whats for dinner?"

"Pizza is on its way.Already took care of it,you know Im looking out for you"he said to her,still not taking his eyes off the tv

"Pizza?"she said,"Ok..."she said and walked into the kitchen.When she saw the plates piled in the sink,she wished that she didnt walk in there at all.She hated untidiness.She wasnt a neat freak,she thought housework was tedious,but she kept everything tidy and organized because thats the way she liked it and it kept her sane.She didnt like this,she didnt like a messy kitchen and she didnt want greasy pizza delivered here.She reluctantly turned on the water in the sink,now that she saw the mess,it had to be dealt with.Then she stopped,she was still in her work clothes,she had to change.

She walked into their bedroom and without meaning to,she opened and slammed different drawers shut,sighing as she did so."You ok?"Taye asked as he stood at the door.

"No I'm not"Adena said."The place is a mess and we're eating pizza,thats whats wrong"

Taye rolled his eyes,"Dena it isnt that bad-"

"Yes it is!I cant deal with it!I also cant deal with working all day and then coming home and doing dishes.Meanwhile you have been playing that damn video game all day"

"We havent played it all day"Taye said to her

Adena sighed again as she shook her head.How old was he anyway?She pulled off her panty hose and ran some water and set them in it.She took off her shirt,blazer and skirt."Have you looked for a job today?"

Taye was laid off from his last job about a month ago,not due to his performance but because the company just simply had to cut back."Actually no"he said as he scratched his head not looking at her,"Im sick of filling out applications and not hearing anything.Im gonna sit back and let them find me"

"Can you afford to do that Taye?Can we afford to do that Taye?I mean Im making enough at the gallery-"

"Dena,we will be fine"Taye said to her

"Are we?Because ever since you lost that job,I have been the one busting my ass while you sleep all day.You never clean! I just want a clean and organized household,its all I ask. But no.I cant even ask my mother to come over right now if she wanted to.I cant even have Donatella over for a business dinner if I wanted to.The place is a mess,salty chips all over the new leather couch...."she said as she put on some velour sweats with a soft and light cotton tshirt and put her long black hair up.

Taye chuckled,"You are the only woman I know that gets dressed up to clean"

"Im not getting dressed up"she snapped at him,"I shouldnt be the one to clean"

"Dena,what the hell is your problem?"

"My problem?Your problem!You need a routine.A nice routine that keeps you busy and not looking like a bum.I mean isnt it embarrassing to have your friends over and all you can do is play video games in your old Columbia sweats?"

"Im not like you Dena.I dont need a fixed routine everyday.I dont obsess over having the house spotless.Spotless like we are going to be featured in 'House and Garden'"he said sternly,getting upset,she was making some low blows now."Im not at all embarrassed"

"Im not obsessed.I just like a clean place!Thats it!It doesnt need to be 'House and Garden' but why cant it?I know why,its too much WORK"she said to him

Taye scoffed,"I know why you are really upset.Im embarrassing you.You are embarrassed that your husband doesnt clean every 5 minutes and that he still doesnt have a job yet"

"Im not embarrassed.I just want some goddamn help around here and its like you arent trying anymore-"

"Well Im sorry that Im actually enjoying my time off"Taye said to her,"Before this I was working my ass off! Im young,we're young! We are both only 23! Slow down a little and stop obsessing over every little thing like your mother does"

"Dont talk about my mother that way!"she shouted at him

"I wasnt talking about her.I was using one of her traits as an example!"

"Oh you knew what you were doing!"she said.She wanted to say something else but then came the sound of a buzzer.Pizza was here.She shut her mouth and sighed.She slipped into some slippers and went into the kitchen and started doing the dishes,also banging around as she did so.Taye entertained his two guy friends with greasy pizza and video games and proceeded to turn up the volume louder to drown her out.

When she was done putting the last dish away was when she noticed them leaving.Thank God.She was more pissed now because they could probably hear them arguing earlier.How embarrassing.Taye walked in and set the box on the counter,"You want these last two pieces?"

"No"she said

"Fine,we'll be back"he said to her

"What?"she asked.

"We're getting some beer and another game"he said to her and then left.She sighed again.She fixed herself some leftover pasta and then took the food into the bedroom.She sat on the bed and pulled a tray up to her and set her plate on it and watched tv.She could hear them come back in and could hear video games again.She turned up her television and started to knit,she only did it to calm her down.She almost had enough of the knitting when Taye and his friends left again.But this time they didnt come back.

She got ready for bed.Read another chapter in her book and turned out the light and laid down.He still wasnt back.When she drifted off to sleep,he still wasnt back and he probably wasnt even close to home.

*

Surefooted and thoroughly practical, in the end the Capricorn goat always reaches the heights, beating others who are faster but less determined.

*

It was 5 am when Taye made it back to the house.He didnt do too good of a job of sneaking back in.He made sure to use the bathroom in the hall to not disturb her but when he slowly laid down next to her in the bed was when she opened her eyes.She glanced at the clock and sighed and tried her best to go back to sleep.

*

The cardinal signs must put their resources to good use. Earth resources represent practical skills: material, financial, and social resources that can be used to further an ambition.

*

Adena woke up an hour later,ready to tackle the day once again.She went into the bathroom and sighed when she saw Taye's clothes on the floor.She picked them up and put them in the hamper.Then she saw something, a trace of lipstick on his shirt.She scoffed,"That has to be ketchup"she said to herself,"Or some type of sauce...its mine,maybe its mine"she said but she didnt believe herself.

She started to worry,was he seeing someone else?How could he?She didnt expect much.She just expected to be loved and someone to be faithful to her.Simple.Being taken seriously also helps...as well as privacy,commitment and wanting a home to raise a family.But every girl wants those things.She doesnt ask for much.

She tried to shake those thoughts out of her head.Taye loves her and she loves him.Things have been rocky since him being laid off.But things should be back to normal soon.They had to be.Divorce or seperataion was not an option.They had to work together.

*

Spiritual Goal: To learn to understand the feelings and needs of other people.

*
End Notes:
Note: This is fiction and just a story about what I think would happen to a certain Capricorn with these given circumstances. If you are a Capricorn and get offended, I apologize but it was not my intention. Not all Capricorns are alike and I know this. No harm done.
Chapter 2 by Butterfly
Capricornean Lucky Connections
Colors: green, black, gray, indigo, violet
Plants: yew, ash, hemp, weeping willow
Perfume: musk
Gemstones: jet, black diamond, onyx, ruby
Metal: lead
Tarot Card: the devil
Animals: goat, donkey

*

"How couldnt it have been lipstick?"Missy Evans asked Adena as they and Kimberly Madison ate lunch together,"Thats a common mistake that guys make.Every woman seems to find lipstick on their guy,it never fails"she said with a sigh

"Unless he wanted you to see it"Kimberly said,"Maybe thats his way of telling you,'Hey Adena,Im not happy we need to fix this or THIS will keep happening'"

"Why cant he just talk to me?"Adena asked,"Why does he need to go out and do that?"

"Reverse psychology"Kimberly said simply.She always found a psychological answer to everything.Thats probably due to her getting her Masters in Psychology at NYU."He's basically not man enough to tell you"

"Dont say that"Adena said,"I still love him,hes man enough for me,its just that lately..."

"He hasnt been acting like it?"Kimberly asked her

"No,all he does is play video games and stay out all night"

"Maybe he is going through his midlife crisis early,he doesnt want to grow up and he just wants to be a college student again.The college student that gets to party and play video games all the time"

"Do you think he regrets marrying me?"Adena asked them.If he missed being a college student,then he probably misses being single.The two of them met their junior year and hit it off great.By the end of their senior year,he proposed.They graduated together and a few months later they had a small wedding ceremony and a romantic honeymoon in Bermuda."I mean before we started going steady and before he got that internship which ended up getting him that job...he just partied all the time...its like hes taking steps backward"

"I dont think he regrets marrying you"Missy said,"He just wants to be married to you and wants to have fun....but the fun is getting to his head.You said so yourself,he said that he's enjoying the fact that he got fired now and hes liking the free time"

"Bottom line is...talk to him.Maybe see a marriage counselor.A lot of young couples do.Its common.Some of them feel like they cant handle the pressures of marriage but dont want to leave.Its ok to ask for help.Thats what I recommend"Kimberly said

"Ok...so what if he says,'Yes Adena...I cheated on you and what you saw was so and so's lipstick...'"Adena said

"Um...leave him!"Missy said

"I cant...divorce is not an option.I hate divorce.It only ends up in heartbreak.We said for better for worse,til death do us part.....death do us part"Adena said

"Well if he admits it...you two have to talk about it.But would you really want to stay with a man that cheats on you?Adena,you are better than that"Kimberly said to her

"Divorce would be such an embarrassment.Everyone would know that we failed"Adena said

"Sometimes embarrassment is better than being unhappy"Kimberly said

*

Inside anyone who has strong Capricornean influences is a person who worries about security -- physical, social, and emotional. A typical Capricorn cannot bear to be embarrassed in public. Sometimes, Capricorn longs to let go a little and to allow themselves to join in on the fun -- let their toes tap in time with the music. But usually a sense of duty and a terrible fear of looking foolish stop them from acting out their desires. Capricorns are also secret romantics who want a perfect and secure love in their lives.

*

"Adena?Can you please stop working?"Donatella asked her with a laugh,"Whatever it is can wait until tomorrow"she said to her

"Are you sure?Because I am almost done"Adena asked her.She threw herself into her work because she was dreading talking to Taye about the lipstick incident.She needed more time to think and she figured she could stay at work until she found the courage and the words to say.

"Huney,go home to your husband"Donatella said to her,"I know how much he means to you.Now go clock out"she said with a laugh

"Ok"Adena said forcing a smile.She saved her work and then got her things together and clocked out.She reached home at about 7.She opened the door to a mess again but she couldnt find Taye anywhere.She sighed.Great,now she had to wait for him to come home and wait to have a conversation that she would rather not have?

She decided to keep herself busy by cooking her famous lasagna.Taye loved it.That took about an hour and he still wasnt back.She set the table with their favorite china.He still wasnt back.She sighed and covered the food.She went into their bedroom and decided to get out of her work clothes and she put on a simple black dress,the one he bought her awhile back.She did her hair and sprayed herself with her favorite musky perfume.He still wasnt back.

She glanced down and saw the shirt again,she picked it up and there was the lipstick stain.Staring back at her,taunting her,haunting her.She threw it back in the hamper and picked up the phone.She called him but all she got was his answering machine."Hey baby"she said to him,"I cooked us our favorite lasagna...just finished.Just wondering where you are....call me...Love you"she said and hung up.

She then went back into the kitchen,poured herself some wine and sat down at the dining room table and waited.

*

Saturn rules the zodiac sign of Capricorn, so anyone whose birth chart has strong Capricornean influence will tend to take life seriously.

*

And waited....

Adena sighed as she poured herself her third glass of wine.It was almost 10 pm and Taye still wasnt back.Where the hell was he?Was he out with his other girl,playing video games,drinking beer and eating greasy pizza?Like a friggin' frat boy!?

She got up angrily and staggered to the kitchen,carrying her full wine glass with her.She took a big gulp and put it down and started to put the food away.She didnt have the strength to eat,she figured that she was mad but she felt more drunk than mad.She put it in the fridge and then stood there and drank some more,"How...dare he..."she said to herself.She wanted to make up,she wanted to say sorry...she wanted to talk.Now that she had alcohol in her system she knew what exactly to say.

She walked into the bedroom and looked at herself in the mirror on her vanity."Look at me Taye.Im drinking for God sakes.Three glasses of wine to be exact.I dont even drink.At the most I have half a glass!Your changing Taye and your making me change too.Why cant things be the way they used to be?What happened to us?What happened to you?You used to be a workaholic.A workaholic who didnt want me to work at all and now Im the one working my ass off.You never went to clubs and bars much but now Im the one waiting up all night for you to come home and finding lipstick stains on your shirt!You wanna see it?Yes I'll show you so you can explain it.."she said as she turned around and started to walk toward the bathroom but then stopped and looked at their bed."Remember our first night in this bed?Remember our first night on our honeymoon?How good you made me feel?Damn,I mean....how great you made me feel.You made me feel like a whole new girl...a woman"she said as she laid on the bed and closed her eyes."Please tell me that you havent made another girl feel like that?That feeling belongs to me....you....belong....to....me"she said and then she slowly fell asleep.

*

In astrology, Saturn is the planet of fate, time, sorrow, caution, and wisdom. It is often called the great teacher, because Saturn is associated with the life-long task of gently working out our fears and overcoming them. Saturn is also the most beautiful of the planets.

*

Taye sighed as he quietly closed the door.The lights were still on so maybe Adena was still up.He hoped that she was in a good mood but she was probably waiting up for him.She probably was gonna be pissed,like always.He took off his shoes and left them in the foyer.He tiptoed to the kitchen and turned out the light.He walked into the dining room and saw the table set for two and an almost empty bottle of wine sitting out.Hmm...

He turned off the dining room light and walked into the bedroom.He saw that the lights were on.He could picture her in her favorite slip,reading a book in bed and when he walked in she was gonna give him the most condescending look.The look he always hated but could never tell her.He took a deep breath and walked in,ready for another argument.He had some blacks and some beer,so he was in a laid back mood.

However,he chuckled at what he saw.Adena was sleeping like a baby on the bed.It was still made and she was still wearing his favorite black dress and heels.He saw the full wine glass on the vanity.He walked into the bathroom and turned out the lights.He then walked back in and just looked at her.She looked so cute.He pulled back some of the covers and prepared to undress her and tuck her in.However,she woke up.Damn it...

"Sorry"he said quickly.But surprisingly she didnt look mad.She somehow looked different.

"You're back"she said with a smile on her face and then sat up until she was standing on her knees.She pulled his face to hers and kissed him passionately.He hesitated for a half a second and then moaned into the kiss.What has gotten into her?

"Whats gotten into you?"he asked her as he pulled away.He tasted wine on her lips but she couldnt have had that much....?

"Actually nothing and actually you havent gotten into me lately.I miss you"she said as she started to unbutton his shirt and kissed him on the neck,"When was the last time we made love?"

"I dont know...but Im guessing thats gonna change isnt it?"he asked her.Why didnt she always act like this?This was fucking sexy!He let her take his shirt and wifebeater off and she started to undo his belt.She let his pants slip to the floor."Your turn"he said as he pulled her into a hug as he held her with one hand,the other hand expertly unzipped the back of her dress and he pulled it up over her head.She wasnt wearing a bra but she was wearing a black lacy thong....and heels.Perfect.

He laid down on top of her and started to kiss her,as he did that,he reached into the drawer for condoms.She stopped him,"You dont need those.We need to make love for real"she said as she threw the condom on the floor and wrapped her legs around his waist,"Im sorry for everything....now Im gonna make it up to you"she said

He kissed her,even though he didnt know what she was apologizing for.He was just really happy...and hard about this.He kissed her passionately and then moved down to her neck,chest,stomach,belly button and then slipped off her thong,still leaving her heels on.

*

When a typical, mature Capricorn makes love, it is lovemaking at its very best: to Capricorn there is no separation between love and sex. Capricorns know by instinct when they have found the right partner for this immensely important ritual. For some people, sex is a release, the satisfying of one of the basic needs in life, but Capricorns want to reach a state of total satisfaction, not only for themselves but also for their partners.

*
Chapter 3 by Butterfly
Author's Notes:
stories/537/images/adena2.jpg
The Capricornean Personality
Positive/Negative
* Good organizing skills/ *Tendency to believe their way is always the best
* Cautious and realistic/ * Egotistical
* Hard working/ * A slave driver
* Scrupulous/ * Unforgiving
* Fearless/ * Anxious, allows inner fears to dominate decisions
* Calculates risks but takes them when necessary/ * Takes a very critical view
* is an admiring spectator/ * A perfectionist who is never satisfied
* Has high but realistic standards/ * Fatalistic
* Conventional/ * Status seeking
* Concerned
* Gives sound advice
* Loyal to tradition
* Respects authority

*

Adena slowly opened up her eyes and groaned a little.Her head hurt.She rolled over and saw Taye laying next to her,his naked back facing her.She wondered what time he finally decided to come home last night?Then she gasped,she looked at him and then looked under the covers and saw that she was naked as well.Damn it!They were supposed to talk,not make love!

'What got into me last night?',she asked herself and then saw the glass of wine still sitting on the vanity.She rolled her eyes.She sat up,she had to deal with this now."Taye?"she asked him,"Taye?Wake up"she said to him

Taye groaned and looked at the clock,it was a little past 9 am."Dena its Saturday"he whined

"Where were you last night?"she asked him

"Inside of you..."he said with a little laugh

"No I mean when you werent home....where were you?"she asked him.She didnt think that was funny,that wasnt supposed to happen.

"I was out with Damien and everyone"he said,still trying to go back to sleep,not facing her

She leaned over and shook him,"Taye look at me,Im being serious here"

"About what?About where I was?I cant go out?"

"But you are always out Taye.Not out finding a job.But out partying"she said

"Is this what this is really about?Me being fucking unemployed?"he asked her as he finally turned to her and sat up.There was no point in trying to go back to sleep now.

"No its about a lot of things!How your never home...how your always..."she said and then stopped,she had the words yesterday,she knew what she wanted to say and now she couldnt think,"The lipstick"she blurted out,it was the first thing that she thought of

"Huh?"he asked her.Was she drunk still?If so,why couldnt she be the sex crazed drunk that she was this morning?

"I found lipstick on your shirt"she said

"What?No,what are you talking about?"he asked her

"Oh so you dont know?"she asked him,getting frustrated.Why couldnt he just come out and say it?"Fine,I'll refresh your memory"she said as she got up and went into the bathroom,put her robe over her,took the lipstick stained shirt out of the hamper and threw it at him,"There"she said to him,standing there with her hands on her hips.

"Dena,I dont see anything-"he said and then stopped when he saw it

"Hmmm?What is it Taye?"she asked him,"Ketchup?Blood?Hot sauce?Paint?"

"Its lipstick"he mumbled

"Excuse me?Huh?Come on Taye!Be a fucking man and say it!"she shouted at him

"ITS FUCKING LIPSTICK!"he shouted back at her."OK!? YOU HAPPY!? YES, I WAS KISSING ON ANOTHER GIRL! YOU HAPPY MS. DETECTIVE?"he shouted

Adena stared at him with wide eyes.Once the words came out of his mouth,she didnt know what to say and he knew that he was in trouble.She couldnt believe it.He cheated on her.10 months of marriage,the death do us part vow,and he cheated on her.

Taye sighed,he didnt have to tell her like that.She wasnt supposed to find out like this."Look Dena-"

"No,save it"she said as she went to the closet and took out some sweats and threw on a sweater

"What are you doing?"he asked her as he slipped his boxers on as she put on sneakers,"Where are you going?You wanted to talk,lets talk about this"he said to her

"Im taking a walk"she said,not looking at him as she put a hat over her head,put a scarf around her neck and put on her gloves as she picked up her keys

"Dena,dont leave,lets talk about this please-"

"Now you know how it feels to be left alone,dont wait up"she said to him and then slammed the door behind her.

*

If a partner betrays a Capricorn, he or she will try first to organize things so that the partner can be reunited with the family, but if the betrayal continues, Capricorns can turn vengeful.

*

Adena stood against a brick wall so she could catch her breath.Once she left the apartment,she walked,just walked anywhere.Then she started to run and she kept on running until now.Now she could barely breathe.

She watched people walk by as she caught her breath.She wanted to cry,she wanted to scream,but she couldnt do that here with all these strangers.How embarrassing.She couldnt believe it was true.Taye was being unfaithful.Was it more than once?Was their marriage over?

"No"she said quietly,answering her own question.Divorce was out of the question,she hated the word.She sighed and then her stomach growled.She was standing in front of a pizza shop and she went inside and ordered a slice of cheese pizza.It was very greasy and she devoured it.She gulped down her small soda and then left the shop.She looked around and realized that she had a long walk ahead of her.She had to go home,whether Taye was still there or not.She didnt shower and she felt disgusting.She started walking,but she started to walk faster since she was still upset.Then she felt her stomach turn,she ran to the closest trash can on the street and threw up in it.

It must have been the pizza,why did she eat that shit?Mixed with stress it was obviously not good.She looked up and she was in front of an attorney's office.More specifically,a divorce lawyer.They werent seeing the likes of them,but she knew that they needed help.Taye was confused and she had to get him back on the right track.She wiped her mouth and knew what she had to do.She walked slowly and with determination and headed straight to her next destination.

*

Capricorns have an irritating habit of organizing things that they think will be good for a friend, which the friend does not want. At their very worst, Capricorns may use a friend to further an ambition without a word of thanks.

*

Taye sat on the couch and watched,well more like stared at Saturday morning cartoons.He wanted to follow her but she needed to cool off.He was going to wait for her.They needed to talk about this.He loved her,but he wasnt in love with her anymore.All the nagging and the complaining,acting too much like his mother on a bad day was depressing.He wasnt happy.But he didnt want to break her heart,if he hadnt done it already.It was probably best that they seperated,it would be best for the both of them.He sighed.

Then he heard the door open.He jumped up and she walked in,"Adena-"he said to her as he walked toward her

She held up one hand,meaning she didnt want him to speak or come close to her."I know you love me Taye.And I love you.We make mistakes and Im willing to overlook it"she said

Taye stared at her.Has she really gone crazy?"Really?"he asked

Adena nodded,"You just need help.Once thats done,we will be back to normal"she said.She took a card out of her pocket,"Two words....marriage counselor"she said to him,"We have an appointment on Monday"she said to him and then proceeded to walk to their bedroom.

Taye frowned,no he wasnt going to some psychiatrist that will take all their money and get in their business.He didnt like this at all,"I think that we should talk about this first,before we let others in on it"he said as he started to follow her

"You let others in on it when you made out with some random whore"Adena snapped.She sighed,"You remember when you proposed to me Taye?We were at that Open Mic Night at your friends club party and you got onstage,you wrote a poem and asked me to marry you.And even though I hate surprises and seeing all those people look at us,I said yes.You have sacrificed a lot for me and I have for you too.Just do this for us,for me.Lets work on our marriage and be married.You promised"she said to him.She then walked into their bedroom and closed and locked the door.

Taye stood there in the hallway and looked at the card. It said 'Dr.Johnathan Osbourne, Marriage Counselor'. He sighed,he didnt like this at all.But he had to do it.He heard the shower running and he accepted defeat and sat on the couch.

*

Typical Capricorns do not have casual affairs. If the relationship begins to fail, it often takes Capricorns a long time to take action, as they have a strong sense of duty to the partner and the family. In general, they dislike divorce.

*

Adena and Taye didnt say a word to each other until Monday when they walked into Dr.Osbourne's office.Taye was demoted to the couch and he had to make his own food.Adena didnt do anything for him anymore.

"Dont embarrass me"Adena said as she knocked on his office door.

"Dont be so pushy"Taye said to her.

Adena sighed inwardly.This was going to be a calm meeting.Very calm."Dr.Osbourne?So great to see you.My name is Adena Capricorn and this is my husband,Taye Haughton"she said introducing them as she shook his hand

"Nice to meet you both,have a seat"Dr.Osbourne said to the both of them as he shook Adena's hand.He nodded his head to Taye.

"I hope you enjoy her nagging and taking all of our money away"Taye said unenthusiastically

"Taye"Adena warned him,with a fake smile on her face

"Ok lets get started then shall we?"Dr.Osbourne said quickly as he sat down in front of them as they both sat on opposite sides of the small couch,"Obviously you both are having problems with your marriage,how long have you been married?"

"10 months"Adena said quickly

"Has this problem been developing?Recent?"

"He cheated on me"Adena said,"I found lipstick on his shirt"

Dr.Osbourne was taken aback and Taye sighed."Is this true Taye?" He only nodded."Ok,lets talk about that..."

*

If a Capricorn suspects a friend of deception, he or she will start to suspect all friends. Sometimes Capricorn tests the trustworthiness of friends several times.

*
Chapter 4 by Butterfly
Author's Notes:
stories/537/images/adena2.jpgstories/537/images/missy2.jpgstories/537/images/kim2.jpg
Appearance
The typical Capricorn woman:
* has a small and well-shaped body with a slender neck
* has deep, serious eyes
* has an "earthy" beauty
* has a full mouth and very white teeth
* has shapely legs, slim ankles, small feet

Behavior and Personality Traits
* is very self-conscious
* behaves in a ladylike manner in public
* dresses according to what she intends to achieve that day
* needs to gain recognition for her work
* appears as steady as a rock, but is quite moody inside herself
* runs a well-kept home, although she finds domesticity tedious
* is totally loyal to close family and distant relatives
* cannot bear to be teased
* smiles little, but when she does it is a very beautiful smile

*

"So do you think Dr. Osbourne helped you two?"Kimberly asked Adena the next day at their usual lunch get together

"I think it went well,for me anyway,but Taye was against it from the start.He wasnt cooperating at all,it was totally embarrassing.He was acting like such a child.He was acting like he didnt even want to cooperate,like he didnt want to save our marriage..."Adena said and the more she talked the more depressed she got

"No sweetheart dont think like that.He was just pushed into all of this.His consequences are catching up with him and he is being a child about it.Hes whining about it.He wants you to say everythings fine and he wants to go out and play.But fun time is over,you deserve that"Kimberly said,Missy nodded.

"But I mean if Dr. Osbourne cant help us,who can?You said that he is the best in the city"Adena asked her

"He will be able to help.You should try this"Kim said to her,"Tomorrow,dont even show up.Have Taye show up on his own without telling him of course or he will make an excuse as well"she said to her,"He wont leave because whether you two are there or not,you will be paying him.Let him have a little one on one with him.That will loosen him up and then when you go in on Wednesday,it will be smooth sailing.He would have gotten all of his feelings out"

Adena nodded,"Sounds like a plan"she said and sighed.She hated being stressed but she had to save their marriage,even if it killed her

*

Capricorns are loyal, kind, and often very generous to friends. They try to prove their sincerity by showing total devotion to the friendship, but this can go wrong if the choice of friend has been a bad one in the first place.

*

Taye sighed as he walked toward Dr, Osbourne's office. Where was Adena?She was always on time and always nagged about him doing the same. What a hypocrite. He walked in and mumbled,"Hey Dr."

"Good afternoon Taye"Dr. Osbourne said as he got up from his desk,"Alright have a seat"he said to him,"So how was your day?"he asked him

"Ok...."Taye asked,"Where's Adena?"he asked him

"Oh she didnt tell you?"Dr. Osbourne asked him.Taye gave him a does-it-look-like-she-told-me-anything? look,"Well she had to stay late at the office.She didnt know how long it would be-"

Taye sighed,"Always in the office"he said as he stood up,"So we are just wasting our money then?"

"No Taye,take a seat.She suggested that we have a little one on one.Which is a good idea.You can tell me how you really feel without her here"

Taye looked at him,"She suggested that?Were you in one this too?"

"No I wasnt-"

"She does this you know,pushing things upon people when they dont like it.Thinking that everything she does is right..."he said as he trailed off

"She does come off that way doesnt she?And maybe she did plan to not come,maybe she is hanging out with girlfriends instead of being at work but all in all,she is trying to save your marriage.You cant be mad at her about that can you?"Dr. Osbourne asked him.

Taye sighed,"No...but...well....its not that simple"he said as he slowly sat down

"Well tell me why its not that easy"Dr, Osbourne asked him

*

She seeks a partner who has a good, secure position in life already. She is more likely to make a bad choice of partner than the male Capricorn, but she will soon recognize her mistake.

*

Taye sighed as he sat back on the couch."I just dont know how it got this way...I didnt mean for her to find out like this and shes determined.Very determined to make our marriage better but she barely speaks to me.Ive been sleeping on the couch.She doesnt say good morning or I love you anymore...its so confusing.I mean I get it,I was a bad boy..."

Dr.Osbourne nodded,"Now I know this question seems irrelevant but....is she a Capricorn?"

Taye nodded,"Yeah...her birthday is next week actually"he said and sighed and put his head in his hands

"Well dont worry,you still have a week to get her a present-"

"Its not that"Taye said,"But what does her being a Capricorn have anything to do with it?"

"Capricorns become very vengeful when they are betrayed.Maybe even evil.Adena is the typical Capricorn woman and her trust is gone and she wants you to pay.But she loves you and is kinda forcing you to make it work as soon as possible.You cant blame her for that"he said to him

"How do you know so much about Capricorns anyway?"

"I am one.I have some of the same traits.I was born on Christmas Eve"he said.Taye nodded,"Hey a great birthday present would be you just trying to make the marriage work.Now you kissed another woman at the bar.Ok,that still falls under being unfaithful but Adena even feels that she can work through that.You should consider yourself lucky"

Taye sighed,"Thats the thing....Ive been unfaithful..."

"Yes I know that Taye-"

"No,really unfaithful.Kissing a woman at the bar and her finding lipstick on my shirt is one thing but....theres another thing when.....its been worse than that"

Dr.Osbourne frowned,"How worse?"

"I also slept with her,the other woman,more than once.I have even spent the night at her house.I have even had her over at the apartment,in our bed,taken her out to lunch.....its like a whole other relationship...."

"Well yes that is worse than a kiss.Are you in love with this other woman?"

"No"

"Are you in love with Adena?"

"Yes...."

"But?"

"I love her,but Im not in love with her...."

"Well Taye,Im guessing she doesnt know.You need to tell her this.She has total faith in you but...she cant have total faith in you when she doesnt know the whole story"

"I know...and when she does,it will be over.I know it.I just dont want to hurt her anymore"

"Taye,its better that she find out now,from you,in a calm matter than later from someone else.You have to be a man and tell her.No matter what the consequences.Adena deserves to be with a man that loves her,doesnt she?"

Taye nodded,tears filling his eyes.He looked at his watch and quickly stood up,"I should go"

Dr.Osbourne looked at his watch as well,"Yes,our session is done-"

"When should I tell her?"

"When you feel the time is right.But do you honestly want to sit through another session knowing that she doesnt know everything?"he asked him

Taye nodded,"Thanks Dr."he said and walked out.He didnt want to admit it but Adena's plan worked.He had a breakthrough.

*

In general, Capricorn likes a friend who is well bred, good mannered, and not too extroverted.

*

Adena sighed,"You guys.You know I dont like nightclubs,they really arent my scene"she said to Kimberly and Missy as they all walked into Fever.One of the 1000's of hot nightclubs in New York City,"Couldnt we just relax?Watch a movie?"

"No,if Taye gets to party,then you can too!"Missy said to her,"If he can go to a bar,then you can too.And if he can pick up a girl,then you can too- oh I mean a guy-"

"Thats enough Missy"Kimberly said to her,"But she is right.A change of scene,letting loose can be good for you.Let me buy the first round of drinks"she said to her.Adena sighed and they followed her to the bar.

"An apple martini"Adena said

"Cranberry and vodka"Kim said

"A PJ and pronto!"Missy said and then a very popular remix of one of 50 cents songs came on,"Whoooooo!"she shouted

"Missy please for Gods sake"Adena said,guys and girls were staring at them now

"Oh have fun damn it"Missy said as she took a huge gulp of her drink,"Lets dance"

"No,just leave me with my drink please"Adena said,it was very loud and smoky in here.She sighed

"Ok,we will be right here"Kim said as they walked toward the dance floor but away from the crowd.Adena watched as two very good looking twins came up to Missy and basically made a sandwich of her.Kim laughed and then a man came up to her and they tried to have a conversation over the loud music.

"Hey what cha doing all alone shorty?"someone asked.Adena rolled her eyes.

"Im gonna be blunt.Leave me alone"Adena said

"Oh come on,one dance.Let me touch that beautiful body of yours and once I do you wont want me to stop,trust me"he said to her

Adena looked at him sternly,"Leave me the hell alone!"

"Yeah,you heard her.Leave her alone"a guy said as he put his arms around her.Adena was about to push him but then he whispered,"Dont worry,just play along and then I'll be out of sight"

"Oh thats you?"the guy asked him as he pointed to Adena,"My bad.."he said and soon he found another scantily clad girl and walked off

The guy then released her,"Sorry.But I have two little sisters who look like you.I had to jump to the rescue"he said to her and then walked off

"Thanks"Adena said.That was nice of him and he left her alone.Why werent there anymore gentlemen in the world? She stood there and sipped her drink a little faster trying to ignore the stares from various men.She wanted to get out of here.She looked at the many young women and wondered if any of them knew Taye...or kissed him.Did he come here?Did he act like the pushy guy or the gentleman?She didnt want to think about it.She wanted to go home.She drank the rest of her martini and walked up to Kim who was now alone.

"Can you believe it?"Kim asked her,"Im talking to this guy and things are looking hopeful and then he admits he's married and asks if Im interested.Hes all saying,'Im not going to lie.I like to fool around'"she said mocking him,"The nerve..."she said and then stopped,"Oh wait Adena Im sorry-"

"No its fine.Ive already been attacked by a pushy hornball and there are probably more adulterers here that are ready to pounce.Im just gonna go.Thanks for the drink Kim,really.But I gotta get out of here"Adena said to her and gave her a quick hug and rushed through the crowd and out the front door.

Minutes later,Adena walked into her apartment and sighed with relief but then it quickly faded when Taye came up to her.She pushed past him.

"Dena,we need to talk"Taye said to her

"Not now,you can talk all you want in the session tomorrow"she said to him as she walked toward the bedroom

"Well speaking of the session I had a major breakthrough today.We had a good talk,the Dr. and I"

Adena stopped and turned to him,surprised,she was expecting him to yell at her about tricking him into a one on one session he didnt want."Really?"

"Yes,and Dr.Osbourne thinks that I should....no I think that I should tell you the whole truth here.Can we sit down?"he asked her.Adena nodded and they sat on the couch,"Ok now I know that I have been unfaithful.It was wrong to kiss another girl while Im married to you.But Ive been unhappy for a long time and I went out looking for happiness.But it was wrong of me.But whats was even more wrong of me was that....."he said and then took her hand,"Im sorry..."

"No baby take your time"Adena said as she held his hand tightly.This was what she wanted. Him to apologize and want to work on their marriage again.She even thought about planning a second honeymoon or a vacation in the mountains.They needed to get out of the city and away from the temptations.

"But what was even more wrong of me was that...I didnt just kiss her Adena"Taye said,"Ive been completely unfaithful.I slept with her.And I know I should have told you sooner but...I didnt want to hurt you and I know thats stupid because I already have but I want to do whats right for you.I mean this changes everything-"

Adena jumped away from him and stood up,"Yes it does change everything"she said and then got her purse,keys and jacket and walked out of the apartment and slammed the door behind her.

*

However, once a Capricorn realizes he or she has made a mistake in choosing a mate, then the parting will be abrupt and final.

*
Chapter 5 by Butterfly
Author's Notes:
stories/537/images/adena2.jpgstories/537/images/taye4.jpg

Capricorn as Employee
A typical Capricorn employee (male or female):
* arrives very early and leaves late
* is dependable and can carry huge workloads
* minds his or her own business
* works steadily and quietly, staying with the same company for a long time
* occasionally reveals a wry sense of humor
* is conscientious and aims high (for power not for glory)
* will expect a salary in keeping with the work done
* has respect for superiors, elders, and those more experienced
* enjoys common-sense procedures

*

Kimberly walked into her apartment and sighed when she saw that it was cleaner than it ever was. Its never been this clean actually. She normally wouldn’t mind,but she did because she knew who did it. “Dena?”she called as she walked into the house

”Hey”Adena said to her as she popped her head out of the kitchen,”Im making dinner.I invited Missy over too if you don’t mind,she should be here in about an hour”

Kimberly looked at the huge meal being made before her. It was like it was a small version of Thanksgiving.”Dena you didn’t have to-“

”But I do.I was at work all day and I did some overtime mind you, and it hit me.I thought to myself.I want some of my homemade ziti with all the works and now I can”Adena said to her,”Oh and don’t worry.I know I used most of your appliances and utensils but they will be spotless when Im done”

”Adena,you need some rest.The last thing you need to be doing is working overtime,being a clean freak and cooking 4 course dinners”Kimberly said to her,”You need to slow down a little,breathe”she said to her.

After Taye revealed the news,Adena didn’t go back to the apartment or back to Dr. Osbourne. When she found out she drove to Kimberly’s and spilled everything.Kimberly offered her to stay and Adena has been here ever since.Its been 3 days.Now she wonders if she made a mistake.She never saw Adena,she was always at work or sleep.And when she did see her,she was cleaning the whole apartment and cooking.Just yesterday Adena made a homemade cheesecake and stuffed turkey and cleaned both bathrooms until they were spotless.She felt like she was turning her best friend into her cook and maid.

”I don’t need to breathe.Im fine”Adena assured her quickly,”Now change out of your work clothes.You need to relax and don’t worry,you can leave everything up to me”she said as a bell rang.Kimberly looked,she didn’t even know that she had a timer in this place.Adena rushed and opened the oven and checked the ziti.Kimberly gave up and went to her bedroom.She changed into some dark blue velour sweats and matching zip up jacket with a sequined tank underneath,she let her hair down and slipped on some flip flops.

An hour later,Missy arrived."Hot damn it smells good in here!"she said excitedly as she hugged Adena.

Adena looked at her,"Have you been smoking?"she asked her

"Hell yeah.I had a stressful day at work"Missy said as she put a 6 pack of Red Stripe on the counter,"Needed to let loose if you know what I mean"she said and winked

"Why cant you let loose legally?"Adena asked her,"Knit or something,that relieves my stress.Cooking and cleaning too,at least you can do something productive while your doing it"

Kimberly looked at Missy and she caught it.Missy decided to ignore that comment,"Geez how old am I?80?"she scoffed.Adena was now giving her the look,"Well sorry Dena but damn,your 23 not 73.Loosen up a little"

"I am loose"Adena said and then quickly corrected herself,"Not like that"

"Oh we all know that,so we ready to eat?"Missy asked as she ate one of the cocktail shrimps as she hoisted herself onto the counter,then adjusted her tight Apple Bottom jeans.

"Yes the table is set but Im gonna change"Adena said

"Again?"Kimberly asked her

"I dont want to be smelling like I have been working hard when Im trying to relax and eat"Adena said as she left the room and went to change in Kimberly's.

"These are good"Missy said with a shrug as she ate another piece of shrimp and then adjusted her red Apple Bottom halter top.She looked at Kimberly and noticed that she was giving her a look again,"What?"she asked her

*

On the whole, typical Capricorns pursue the following leisure interests: reading, gardening, improving the home

*

Taye sighed as he got up to shut off the radio.He was listening to some old school R&B and Aaron Hall's "I Miss You" just went off,before that was late Aaliyah's "I Miss You".Did the whole music industry know that his marriage was basically over?

But before he could turn the knob,another song came on.One he hasnt heard in a long time.He froze as he listened to it.

She's out of my life
She's out of my life
And I dont know whether
To laugh or cry
I dont know whether
To live or die
And it cuts like a knife
She's out of my life

Its out of my hands
Shes out of my hands
To think for two years that she was here
And I took her for granted
I was so cavaliered
And the way that it stands
Shes out of my hands

Taye shook his head and finally shut the song off. Michael Jackson was right on the money when he wrote that song.He could relate to it,all too well.Then he started to cry.He wondered what she was doing.Where she was.He knew she was probably with Kim or Missy.But he was worried about her.He wiped away his tears and picked up the phone.He dialed her number and waited for the answering machine.He knew that was all he was gonna talk to.She has never answered.

"Dena,its me.Im just worried about you...ok?I know that you may never want to see me again and....I understand.But if this ends.I want to end this right.I still love you and I always will and Im so sorry....just call me back.Just tell me your ok"he said and then hung up.He knew that request was in vain as well as the other messages that he has left her the past three days, but at least he could try.

*

If the partner, in marriage or business, is lost through death or similar misfortune, Capricorns of both sexes find it hard to replace the partner and will tend to draw within themselves.

*

"Dena!Earth to Dena!"Missy basically shouted at her.

Adena quickly snapped out of her reverie,"What?"she asked

"Pass the bread"Missy said to her.Adena passed the basket to her and pretended to smile."Im loving this bread girl,everything is good.You should get upset more often.Ive been eating good all week"

Kimberly shook her head,she wondered if Missy even thought before she spoke or was she intentionally so rude?"Missy my God...."

"I mean....I didnt mean it like that....you know what I mean"Missy said to her and then let out a huge burp

"Excuse you?"Adena asked her

"Yeah whatever"Missy said as she shrugged it off and drank a huge gulp of the Red Stripe.She refused to drink the white wine that Kimberly and Adena were drinking.

"Wine doesnt make you burp"Adena said as she lightly sipped on it.She loved Missy but she wondered sometimes how they got along.They were total opposites.But she had to love her, even if she was the most ghetto girl on the planet.

"It doesnt get you shit faced either"Missy said to her with a laugh.They continued to eat,"So...what are you gonna do now Dena?"she asked her

"Huh?"Adena asked her.She was chewing so loud that she couldnt hear.

"What are you going to do?Taye admitted that he fucked some other girl.What are you gonna do about it?You cant hide.You need to find the bitch and shank her"Missy said,getting mad for her.

"Thats ok-"

"No Dena I will.Just say the word and I can have Boog and JJ kick his little preppy ass"Missy said

"Thats fine Missy please.They dont have to gang bang him"Adena said and then she heard her cell phone ringing.She normally wouldnt answer the phone during dinner but she was expecting some important calls."Excuse me"

"Uh huh"Missy said as she laughed at Adena's last comment,"Gang bang"she said.She looked at Kimberly and there was the look,she sighed,"Ok Kim what the fuck?"

"Im worried about her"Kimberly said,"Im sick of having my house cleaned and coming home to a cook.I want my friend back"

"What do you expect?"Missy asked her,"Her heart is broken and she is trying to deal with it.I mean she can stay with me...if you dont want her.I would love to have my place cleaned"

"Missy my God!"

"What?Its whats making her happy.We are her friends.We need to make her happy while she is feeling down and offering my place for her to clean will be really great actually"Missy said and then stuffed some ziti in her mouth.Kimberly shook her head.

*

Worry, heavy responsibilities, gloomy moods, and general pessimism tend to take their toll on Capricornean health, so Capricorns need brightening up sometimes and should learn to relax.

*

Adena didnt want to,but she listened to Taye's message again.That was the 8th message that he has left over the last three days and she saved all of them and always listened to them a few times.It wasnt the important call that she was expecting but she couldnt help it.It was all a shock still and didnt want to let go.But she had to.He had to pay.She had to hurt him like he hurt her,through divorce papers and prenup agreements of course.She hung up the phone and laid down.Her head was throbbing.It has been the past few days.She was so stressed but she had to be strong and go to work.She took an aspirin and fell asleep.

However,she walked into the art gallery feeling like shit.She felt like she had a hangover mixed with pneumonia.All she wanted to do was sleep.Lloyd,the front desk receptionist,noticed her mood.

"You have a message Adena"he said to her as she walked in and he slid a small envelope toward her,"You ok?"he asked her

She only nodded as she picked up the envelope.She recognized the handwriting.It was from Taye.He was here?She gasped.

"Oh huney"Lloyd said as he walked around the counter and hugged her close to him,"He told me everything.I didnt see it coming but you were married to the man!I know its a shock and you are being such a trooper.Its ok,cry it out.Im here"

"Really.Lloyd,you dont want to be close to me right now"she said to him,she wanted to throw up or pass out.

"Whats going on here?"Donatella asked as she walked in.Lloyd immediately jumped away from Adena and went back to his desk.He was scared to death of Donatella and was always kissing her ass.She looked at Adena."What the hell are you doing here?"

"I work here"Adena asked confused and sniffled.

"But you are getting a divorce.Work should be the last thing on your mind-"

"Donatella,Im fine,really-"

"No your not.I dont need my best dealer feeling like shit and having that affect her performance.Im not letting you back here until you are better.Take all the time you need,starting today.Go home"she said to her

"Really Im-"

"No your not,quite frankly,you look like shit"Donatella said to her,"I dont want to be harsh but...just get some rest huney.Its ok"she said to her and then went into her office.

Adena sighed.Lloyd mouthed "bye" to her.She sighed as she turned around and walked out the door.She didnt want a vacation.She needed something to do to take her mind off of Taye.She looked at the envelope and even though she was curious about what was said...she threw it away."Stupid shit"she muttered to herself.It was all his fault,if he never cheated on her,she wouldnt be feeling this way and she could be at work right now,enjoying her normal life.But her life was anything but.She wrapped her coat around her as she walked through the cold,freezing weather,wondering what to do with her miserable self now.

*

Many Capricorns seem to have some difficulty thrust upon them. Sometimes that problem may be a chronic illness but, if this is the case, they bear it with great fortitude.

*
Chapter 6 by Butterfly
Author's Notes:
stories/537/images/adena2.jpgstories/537/images/craig2.jpg
Compatibility
Capricorn with Capricorn: Harmonious
Capricorn with Aquarius: Harmonious
Capricorn with Pisces: Harmonious
Capricorn with Aries: Difficult
Capricorn with Taurus: Harmonious
Capricorn with Gemini: Turbulent
Capricorn with Cancer: Difficult
Capricorn with Leo: Turbulent
Capricorn with Virgo: Harmonious
Capricorn with Libra: Difficult
Capricorn with Scorpio: Harmonious
Capricorn with Sagittarius: Harmonious

*

Adena accepted defeat and walked out of the art gallery,with her coat and purse still in hand.She walked down the street in the cold 20 degree weather in her black turtleneck sweater, coat, black leather skirt,black pantyhose and matching black leather boots.She put her black shades back on since the sun reflecting off of last nights snow was too bright.You could say that it looked like she was going to a funeral.And she felt that she was,her own.

She didnt know where to go.She was going to go to her car and go back to Kim's place but she didnt want to.Then she saw a bar called East Village and she walked in. She sat down at the bar and saw there were only 4 other men inside,not including the bartender,they were sitting at various places at the bar.

"What can I get ya?"the bartender asked her

Adena sighed,what should she get?Why was she even here?She wasnt a bar person.Then she said the first thing that came to mind,"Scotch...on the rocks"she said quietly.She sat there and looked at the tv's at the bar,one showed ESPN,another showed music videos.She looked away and sniffled.

"Got laid off too huh?"someone asked her.She looked to see a light skinned guy a few stools down from her.

She coughed,"Excuse me...."she said covering her mouth,then she looked at him,"Excuse me?"

"I usually dont drink anything at 8am"he said to her,"But now I am.I got laid off too.I still have a job but...that job paid the bills"he said,"Everyone in here got laid off"he said as he looked around the room,"Those guys too.The only person here who still has a job is the bartender...thank God"he said as the bartender gave her the scotch

Adena looked at the drink and back at him,"Well Im sorry you got laid off.But Im not"she said and then she stopped.Did Donatella really give her time to grieve?Or did she really lay her off? "I think...."she said

"What do you mean you think?"he asked her,"Its Tuesday,8:09 am.Everyone is at work or at least on their way.Not in a bar.If so then you got laid off.Its a rule"he said

Adena gasped,she didnt know what to think.She drank the scotch down fast and coughed.First Taye was gone,and now her job?She started to cry without meaning to.

The guy got up and sat next to her and gave her a few napkins,"Hey Im sorry.I was rude about it,I mean some people cant be openly bitter and can talk about it like me"he said to her,"Coke and rum for the lady please"he said to the bartender

"Thanks"Adena said as she took the napkins from him and blew her nose.She was really stuffed up,she realized.Her throat was burning even before she took the scotch to the head.She wiped her eyes,"Im just a little confused I guess"she said to him,"I went to work today and....well my boss told me to go home after hearing about my divorce.She said she didnt want her best worker feeling and looking like shit.Now at first I thought that maybe she is just giving me all my sick days that I havent used but.....I dont know"

The guy smiled,"Well did she say 'Your fired' or 'You will never work in this town again'?"he asked her

"No.She said to rest...."

"Well that was nice of her then"he said to her as the bartender set the coke and rum in front of them,"I wish my boss did that"he said,"Im sorry about your divorce"

"Yeah me too"she said and sniffled.She took a few sips of the coke and rum,it was good,not as strong as the scotch.He ordered one for himself.

"I think you'll be fine"he said to her.He looked at her and then said,"Now tell me where I have seen you before.It has been bothering me ever since you walked in here"

She looked at him,she didnt know what he was talking about.She has never seen him before in her life."Um....you must be mistaken"

"No.I have.And its gonna bother me"he said as he looked at her,"Do you come here often?"

"No I pass by everyday though"she said as she sipped

"Is there a restaurant that you dine in daily?Or every now and then?"he asked her

"Well on my lunch break my friends and I always go to Dominic's on W. 127th"she said

He sighed,"Never been there,so that cant be it.Do you go to clubs?"

"Barely,and when I do,I dont stay long"she said

He sat there and laughed a little,"I dont want to be so nosy but Im gonna solve this mystery"he said to her,"You still in school?"he asked her

"No I graduated last year from Columbia"

"I went there too"he said to her,"But I dropped out after my first semester...which was long ago.But that cant be it.It was recent when I saw you"he said to her

She laughed a little,"Maybe I just look like someone you know?"she asked him

"Yeah...."he said and then smiled,"You look like an older and mature version of my little sisters"he said,"Maybe thats it"he said as he drank a huge gulp of his coke and rum.

Then Adena gasped.Some guy at Fever told her that she reminded him of his sisters and thats why he had saved her from the hornball.Was that him?She couldnt tell because it was dark in the club."Do you go to Fever?The nightclub?"

He smiled and looked at her,"Yeah.I work there.Thats the only job I have left actually"he said,"You been there?"he asked her

"I was there a few nights ago....did....I dont know if you remember..but some guy saved me from some ghetto hornball trying to-"

"Hit on you right?"he asked,finishing her sentence,"Thats where I have seen you"he said,"I told you that you looked like my little sisters"

"Yeah you did"Adena said with a little laugh as she finished the drink

"He did leave you alone afterwards right?"he asked her

"Yeah but I left right after that.It just didnt feel right being there after everything that I have been going through that week"she said with a sigh

"You look so young.I never would have thought that you were married"he said to her,"How old are you?"he asked her

"You dont ask a girl her age"Adena said to him

"Sorry"he said shaking his head,"That slipped my mind.You just look so young..."he said and then saw the bartender take the empty glass,"You want another?"

She coughed,"Yes please"she said to him as she pushed the used napkins aside and took some hand sanitizer out of her purse to clean her hands."Im Adena"she said to him

"Thats a beautiful name.Craig"he said to her with a smile.He then laughed,"Wow a lot happens in 15 minutes"

"Excuse me?"she asked him

"Oh that didnt sound right did it?Even though its true"he said and laughed,"No I was saying a lot happens in 15 minutes because I know your name,that you went to NYU but you dont go to clubs except for that one time last week where I saved you from a hornball,you love your job but your boss gave you a break but you dont like it,and thats because of your recent divorce which you also dont like,you love to go to Dominc's-whatever that is-with your friends....and you dont drink much"he said with a laugh.He could tell,women let loose a little and relax once they have reached their usual limit,and hers wasnt a lot.

"Wow you described me perfect"Adena said with a laugh."But there are still a lot of things you dont know...."she said as she sipped on the new coke and rum set in front of her.

"Just give me another 15 minutes and I will....Adena"he added

She laughed,"23"she said and sipped

"Huh?"he asked her

"Thats how old I am"she said and smiled

*

Cancer is the complementary opposite sign to Capricorn. Both are strong willed and may battle for supremacy concerning organization.

*

"Im a Capricorn.My birthday is this weekend"Adena told Craig.Once Adena got to know Craig,she didnt want to leave the bar.It was better than cleaning and being alone at Kim's.

"I think Im a Cancer....yeah Im a Cancer"he said,"But what are you going to do?"he asked her,"You gotta celebrate big for that big 24"

"I dont know.Go over divorce papers?"she asked out loud.Then she sighed and immediately got depressed again.She just realized that this would be her first birthday in a long time that didnt involve Taye.

"Hey come on now....dont think like that ok?"Craig said to her,"But since you are going through something big,difficult,life changing and not very positive then you need to celebrate big this year"

"I dont know what I want to do"she said quietly

"Aww come on.Your birthday only comes once a year.Do you really want to wait another whole year to make up for this year?"he asked her

"You love birthdays dont you?"she asked him

"Yeah,who doesnt?Its more than presents and cakes.Its being thankful for being alive another year.Lots of people dont get that.Lots of people dont get to see their 24th birthdays"he said,then he sighed.

Adena noticed a small change in him.A part of that statement really meant something to him or was too true for him."Hey you ok?"she asked him

He looked at her quickly,like he just came back to earth from another planet,"Yeah...yeah I am"he said and he soon recovered and his smile was back,"Anyway,you gotta plan big for that birthday of yours"

"I'll think about it"she said with a sigh.

"Its snowing again"Craig said as he saw snow falling outside of the bar,"Doesnt snow make you wanna just curl up in front of a fireplace with a book and hot chocolate?"he asked her

"Yeah that sounds good"she said to him and then started coughing.

"Hey you ok?"he asked her.He noticed that she was sweating a little and her coughs were pretty bad,he could hear her wheeze a little,"Geez,you really dont drink too much do you?"

"No...its not that.I have been feeling down these days"she said as she coughed some more."Oh that hurt"she said to herself.

"You might have a cold"he said to her as he put his hand to her forehead,she was burning up."You know its less than 20 out...maybe its the skirt?"

"Yeah, kinda stupid I guess"she said as she coughed

"You should get out of here"he said to her.He took out his wallet and threw a few bills down,"Thanks guy"he said to the bartender,"That should cover it"he said as he got up,"Come on,Im gonna take you home...where do you stay?"

"Well Im staying with a friend,I left my husband..."she said as he helped her put on her coat and buttoned it up.She held her purse and tried to walk out.It didnt help that she was a little drunk.How did she get drunk so fast?

"Ok well where does she stay?"he asked as he put his jacket on and toboggan as he opened the door and walked outside

"Um.....shit"Adena said

"You dont know where she lives?"he asked her with a smile

"I do.But....I never paid attention to the details you know?I can show you how to get there but I dont know what the street is or the apartment number..."

"Ok then show me"he said to her.He saw her take car keys out of her coat pocket."Oh you got a ride?"

"Yeah"she said.Taye gave it to her,she realized that she had to get rid of it."But I cant drive it"

"I will.Unless you dont trust me"

"I do....I mean I let you get me drunk at 8 this morning"she said to him with a laugh which led to more heavy coughs.They walked to the parking lot near the art gallery and she pointed to a black BMW,"There she is"

"Damn"he said as he unlocked the car and helped her in,"This is nice"he said as he got in and turned the car on and put the heat on high.He then got back out and wiped the snow off of all the windows."Ok show me where your friend lives"he said as he got back in.He then looked at her and saw that she was asleep."Shit"he said with a laugh,"Adena?You gotta wake up....I dont know where to take you"he said to her.He looked at her concerned.She was really sick.He hoped that she was right and hoped it wasnt the alcohol and that it was something else.He felt guilty since he paid for the alcohol.He tapped her and shook her but she didnt wake up.She was still breathing but it was raspy.He put the car in drive and sped out of the parking lot.

*

Other sicknesses linked to Capricorn are rheumatism, bone diseases, sterility, damage to leg and knees, skin problems, and depression.

*

Craig never believed in hospitals or doctors but he was very tempted to take Adena to one.However,he had a doctor at his disposal,his roommate.He was an intern at the Manhattan hospital and luckily he had the morning off.

"She obviously hasnt been taking care of herself.She is probably overworked,stressed and hasnt been dressing for the weather.She has the flu"Ron, his roommate,said to him as he inspected Adena as she laid in Craig's bed."She'll need to rest and she needs antibiotics.No more drinking,strictly fluids,water and soup if she can stomach those.She wont want to eat anything"

"She just went through a divorce.Her boss refused her to work today or any day until she is over it,which depresses her.Shes stressed out by both situations,she cried about it"Craig said to him

"So which strip club does she work at?I havent seen her at any"Ron asked him.Lately Craig has brought home dancers and strippers or just random girls from Fever.

"She doesnt work at a strip club asshole"Craig said,"Shes an art dealer"

"Wow,well did you meet her at a strip club?"

"No!I met her a few hours ago at East Village"

"You just met her?And you already know her life story?"he asked him

"Yeah,I was laid off and I went to the bar to drink the sorrow away and she comes in and we get to talking-"

"Wait you were laid off?"Ron asked,"From the mailroom?Im sorry man"

"Yeah,downsizing"Craig said with a sigh,"So is it normal that she passed out?"

"I wouldnt necessarily say that she passed out.She was already tired and since you said that she doesnt drink much....the warmth of the car,the way she was feeling and the alcohol made her fall asleep like that.You sleep deeper when you have the flu.I wish I had the flu.It was the best sleep and diet I ever went on"Ron said

"Ok...."Craig said as he looked at her,"What should I give her?"he asked her

"Try a little tenderness!"Ron sang and then laughed.He was saying that stupid line from Shrek all week.Craig couldnt wait until he got a quote from another movie,"Im kidding but um yeah.Ibuprofen should help,you can get it from Duane Reeds"he said referring to the pharmacy down the street."Or you can wait until I get back from work and I can pick up stuff"

"No I'll go ahead and get some of that.But I'll call you if it gets worse ok?"he asked him

"Ok"Ron said,"See you later man"he said as he put on his jacket and left.

"Bye"Craig said.He tucked Adena into his bed and wrote her a note in case she woke up.

'Adena,you passed out in your car and I brought you back to my place since my roommate is an intern at the hospital.He advised me to give you plenty of rest,thats why I didnt wake you,and to go to the store and pick up a few antibiotics,if Im not here when you wake,thats where I am.- Craig'

He put the note next to her on the bed,put on his jacket and walked out.He hoped that he wouldnt get arrested for kidnapping when he got back.

*

To Cancers friends are, in many ways, regarded as family possessions themselves and are treated as such, with loving care, protective hospitality, sensitive consideration, and great tenderness.

*

Craig picked up some Ibuprofen pills,lots of water,soup,crackers,tissues,an extra blanket,hot chocolate and some magazines,even though he didnt know if Adena would like them.He wasnt even sure if she was going to stay but Ron said that she needed rest and if she needed rest at his place then thats what she can get.

He came back home and was surprised to find Adena still sleeping.He put the bag in the kitchen and brought the pills and some water into the bedroom.Ron said she would need some antibiotics immediately.He didnt want to disturb her and sat there and watched her sleep for a little and then said,"Adena?............Adena?"

She stirred a little,"Adena?"he asked again.He then tapped her a little and she then opened her eyes,"Hey"he said with a smile

She quickly sat up,"Where am I?"

"Your at my place-"

"What!?Was I that drunk!?"she asked him and got up quickly,"Ohmygod,why am I so stupid!?Why do I always do this!?"she said out loud as she found her jacket and started coughing again.

"Wait,what are you talking about?"Craig asked as he walked up to her,"Adena you cant leave,you need to rest a little you have the-"

"I can leave if I want to leave!I cant believe you took advantage of me-"she said and then sneezed,"Shit"she said as she saw a box of tissues and wiped her face and hand.

"Adena what the hell are you talking about?I didnt take-"then he stopped and laughed,"Did you think that we fucked or something?"

"Hey!"she said to him,"Do you have to be so....."she coughed and then wheezed a little,"Vulgar?"she asked as she put her heels back on

"Adena,calm down.We didnt....have sex ok?"he asked her,"Sorry for being so vulgar"he said to her,"You passed out in your car and I didnt know where to take you.I brought you here because my roommate is an intern at the hospital and he told me that you have the flu and that you need to rest and you need this"he said as he showed her the pills and water,"I was letting you sleep in my bed,thats it"he said to her

Adena coughed and then looked at him.He was right.Why did she always jump to conclusions?"Oh...."she said and sat down on the edge of the bed,"Im sorry-"

"Its fine.I mean you were drunk too.When you wake up in someone else's bed you always jump to that conclusion....even though you were fully clothed"Craig said to her with a laugh.That little scene that she made was cute."Now I can take you home if you want me to,or you can feel free to stay here,I got you some stuff"he said to her as he held up the bag of stuff.

"Oh thanks..."she said and then started coughing and then ran to the bathroom and coughed up in the toilet and flushed it."Shit"

"You ok?You didnt throw up did you?"

"No....mucus,phlegm whatever you wanna call it"she said,"I feel so hot"she said as she took off the coat,"Where are those pills?"she asked him.He gave her the pills and the bottled water and she swallowed them down and drank the water

"Im gonna make you some soup,but heres some bread to fill up your stomach for now"he said as he gave her some cinnamon raisin bread."I know you arent hungry but we dont want those pills to give you an upset stomach"he said to her

"You dont need to make me any soup.I'll just have the bread"she said as she walked back in his room and sat on the bed and then laid down

"Do you want me to take you home?"he asked her

"Can I stay here?Just for a few?Til I feel a little more better?"she asked him.He nodded and tucked her back in.As she ate the bread,they talked some more about interests and what was going on in their lives,mostly hers.He wanted to know more about her.

*

Cancer can teach Capricorn how to sense other people's needs and feelings, and how to express his or her own emotions.

*
Chapter 7 by Butterfly
Author's Notes:
stories/537/images/adena2.jpgstories/537/images/craig2.jpgstories/537/images/missy2.jpgstories/537/images/kim2.jpg
Expectations
The typical Capricorn expects:
* to be taken seriously
* to make a long-term commitment
* faithfulness
* privacy
* to make a home and a family
* to be admired by the loved one

*

”Don’t make me laugh please”Adena said between laughs after Craig told her a funny story.After the slight awkwardness from before,everything was fine and they have been talking like old friends.Like they have known each other for a long time.She picked up a tissue and started to cough,”Oh sorry.Im just spreading germs everywhere”

”Its fine”Craig said as he got up and got some Lysol,”I got this at the store as well”he said as he started to spray the room with it

Adena laughed,”Im sorry,you shouldn’t get so close to me.I don’t want to risk you getting sick too”she said,”I don’t want to make you sick and shut in"

”You know what?I wouldn’t mind.Its cold outside anyway.I think its like….6 out there”he said with a laugh.Adena laughed as well.Then he looked at the clock,”Oh fuck”he said when he saw that it was 8 o clock. "I have to go"

"Oh"Adena said disappointed,"Where are you going?"she asked him

"I was so caught up with you that I forgot that I had to go to work tonight"he said

"Work?I thought you got fired?"she asked,confused as she coughed into another tissue

"I still DJ at night at Fever.Remember?I just lost my day job,which mostly pays for this place"he said,he frowned,"I dont want to leave you"

"I'll be fine.I can take another nap"she said

"Yeah you should get some sleep.I havent let you get any of that"he said,"You sure you arent hungry?"he asked her.She shook her head."You do need to eat.No soup?Nothing?"she shook her head again."Well"he said as he walked into the kitchen."Crackers and soup at hand,best inventions for colds....well besides the meds"he said to her.He gave her the remote and turned the tv on.He moved the tv out of the living room into his bedroom so she wouldnt get bored.Ron wouldnt mind.He walked into his closet and went into the bathroom and quickly changed into a black button down, designer jeans and sprayed himself with Axe Phoenix.

"You smell good"she said and then coughed as she flipped through channels."What is that?Its not Diddy is it?Armani?"

"Nope"he said with a laugh,"Walmart....well I got it from WalMart....its called Axe"

"Axe?"

"Yeah...you know....the crazy commercials with girls chasing after guys because they have the scent on.They're funny actually"he said

"Oh like the one in the supermarket?"she asked

"Yeah that one"

"Yeah they are funny"she said as she watched him put his jacket on.She didnt want him to leave but she felt uncomfortable asking him.

"You sure you gonna be ok?"he asked her."I can take you to your friends place?"he asked her

"Would you rather me go there?"she asked him

"Only if you want to and feel that you are more comfortable there"he said to her

"I feel more comfy here if you dont mind"she said to him.He then walked over and patted her on her head,"I'll call and check on you.If you need anything,you have my number"

"I do?"

"Yeah I put it in your cell"he said,"I'll be back by 3.You better be sleeping and getting your rest"he said to her

"I will"she said,"Thanks Craig"she said to him.

"No prob"he said and then left out.

*

Cancer is the cardinal sign of the zodiac. It can be liken to a safe harbor in which boats can take shelter from the dangers on the sea of life.

*

Adena never really watched tv.The only time that she watched tv was if she wanted to watch a movie or maybe catch an episode of Young and the Restless every now and then.She was watching Entertainment Tonight when she felt her stomach growl.She remembered that Craig mentioned that there were crackers and soup.She slowly got up and walked into the kitchen. She chuckled when she saw it.She wasnt surprised.Guys werent really that tidy.She ate some crackers and drank plenty of water and took her antibiotics and proceeded to clean the kitchen.

*

It may be that Capricorns need to be encouraged to relax and play. They may seem very serious, but they have a sense of humor; this needs to be encouraged.

*

Kim sat at her kitchen table with a frown on her face and lost in thought.Her door opening and Missy coming in was what brought her back to reality.She snapped out of it and looked up.

"Bitch,you dont lock your door no mo'?"Missy asked her as she walked in,"Do you want to be robbed?"she asked her,then she looked around and frowned,"Ok..I expected there to be another full course meal...where's Dena?"

"Thats what I was wondering..."Kim said as she looked at her watch,"I havent seen her since this morning and its already nine o clock"

"Damn...Im really hungry-"

"Missy.Im worried.Where is she?I called her and she doesnt pick up"

"Kim you know how she is.Shes probably doing a double or something.You know shes still upset about the divorce and she doesnt want to cook or clean anymore.I bet shes sitting behind her desk analyzing another Picasso"Missy said,"Which is a shame...."she said as she went through Kim's fridge."Im gonna eat some leftovers ok?" Kim only nodded,"Kim,shes fine.She's grown.Maybe she just needed to get away from everyone,even us"

Kim nodded again,hoping Missy was right.

*

Capricorns must be taught how to relax and to take a rest from his or her responsibilities from time to time, or their life will become joyless. Capricorns need plenty of reassurance because they are natural worriers.

*

Adena was scrubbing the counter spotless when she had another coughing fit.'You need to lay down!' was what her conscience was telling her.But even though she was sick,now that she saw the mess,she couldnt stop cleaning.

Then her cell phone rang but it was a ringer that she didnt want to hear.However,it kept ringing.Then it stopped for a second and the caller called right back.She walked back into Craig's room and saw that her caller ID said,"Taye".She watched it ring and then the display said 2 missed calls.A minute later,'One New Voicemail" appeared on the screen.She sighed and wanted to delete it but instead pressed 1 to listen to it.

"Dena.Please dont erase this message.I want and need to know where you are.If you dont contact me I will have to contact Kim and Missy and your parents and tell them everything if they dont know already.You cant keep avoiding me.Dena,I do miss you.But we really need to sit down and talk about this.We need to sign papers and everything.The faster we do it....the sooner it will be over...and I will never bother you again.Im sorry for hurting you....I never wanted it to end....or end this way.Please call me when you get this.Im worried about you"

Adena started to cough again as tears rolled down her face.She turned off the tv and sat on the floor and leaned against Craig's bed.She pressed 1 again and listened to Taye's voice over...and over....and over.

*

Capricorns also need to be taught how to express their own very sensitive inner emotions in ways that will not cause them embarrassment.

*
Chapter 8 by Butterfly
Author's Notes:
stories/537/images/adena2.jpgstories/537/images/craig2.jpgstories/537/images/taye4.jpgstories/537/images/kim2.jpg
Likes
* hot, simple food
* antiques, history
* duties and responsibilities
* not being pressured by others, having plenty of time
* sexual love
* privacy
* what is regarded as the best, such as a Rolls Royce
* membership at an exclusive club
* home and family
* personalized gifts
* new books
* expensive gemstones

*

Craig had a good time at work. Mostly because he was grateful to still have a job somewhere. However, he couldn't stop thinking about Adena. He has only known her for less than 24 hours and she is all he could think about. It kind of scared him. He didn't collect numbers as he usually did, he didn't pick up a girl and take her to his place as he usually did and he didn't sleep at some strangers place as he usually did. He collected his pay and his equipment and rushed home. Hoping that Adena was ok.

He walked in and saw that the lights in the kitchen were on and that a bowl of soup had been made but barely touched. He sighed, well at least she attempted to eat. He also noticed that the kitchen was clean, very clean. "Adena?"he asked as he walked into the room. It was dark but the light from the tv,which was still on, lit up the room enough. He didnt see anyone lying on the bed. He turned the light on and saw her lying on the floor beside his bed. He rushed to her and saw that her cell phone was in her hand. It displayed 2 missed calls. He shook her gently,"Adena?Adena?You ok?You gotta get off this floor. Its cold"he said to her

Adena opened her eyes and then started coughing. He lifted her onto the bed and moved the hair out of her face,"Adena?What happened?"he asked her

"Huh?"she asked him,she was still waking up and trying to figure out where she even was. But things were coming back to her....slowly.

"I just got home.Its almost 4 am and I find you laying on the floor with your cell in your hand. What happened? Did you fall?"he asked her,"Are you ok?"he asked. He was really worried. He didnt know what to think.

"On the floor?"she asked him,then it hit her,"Oh...I...just sat on the floor,listening to my voicemail...I fell asleep listening to it"

"And?..."he asked her. He felt that it was more to the story than that.

"Thats it"she said as she yawned

"Oh well...I saw an untouched bowl of soup and a very clean kitchen...can you explain what happened there?"he asked her

"Oh well I attempted to eat like you said but I noticed that you and your roommate....well I just decided to clean up-"

"Adena, you didnt have to do that. Your sick because you overworked yourself, now cleaning my kitchen isnt a very wise thing to do when you have flu symptoms"

"Your welcome"she said to him as she laid back on the pillows

"Thank you.....sorry...but you didnt have to. Im the one who's going to do the cleaning out of the two of us ok?"

"Ok sorry I just...its a habit. I clean when Im bored-"

"Well sorry.I should have left you something to do. I mean I figured you would sleep the rest of the day"

"I wasnt bored, I just...its a habit. When I see a dirty kitchen I clean it, even if it isnt mine. Im kind of a neat freak. Its tedious but I figured...i dunno"she said, not feeling she should explain herself anymore.

"Its fine...its just...you should rest thats all"he said to her, and then the buzzer buzzed. Someone was here.

"Who the hell is that?"she asked him,"You said it was 4 am"

"Someone very important"he said as he hopped up and went to the door. Adena sat there in the bed, wondering who it was. She hoped it wasnt a girlfriend of his or a female friend. That would be awkward. But did he have a girlfriend? Was he seeing anyone? She wouldnt be surprised but if he wasnt..why not?

Her first question was soon answered when he walked back in and tossed her a fortune cookie. "Its a routine I have, every night I DJ, I always call Dragon City when I leave so by the time I get home, they are knocking at my door"he said to her,"Did you want some?"he asked her

"No I dont have an appetite really"she said. She did have an appetite earlier but Taye's voicemail kind of ruined it.

Craig didnt really want to hear that. But he piled a paper plate filled with sweet and sour chicken, shrimp fried rice, chicken and broccoli, white rice with duck sauce and lo mein. He walked in and sat next to her and started eating and opened up a bottle of Bud Light. He looked over at her as he dug in.She had a weird look on her face,"What?"

"Your eating in bed without a tray, your gonna spill"she said to him

He laughed,"Wow you are a neat freak. Dont worry, my mouth does not miss a thing"he said to her,"Want some?"he asked her,"Got an extra fork for ya"

"No Im fine really"she said to him

"Oh come on, just one piece of chicken"he said as he picked up a small piece of sweet and sour chicken."Eat"he said as he put the fork toward her mouth. She resisted and turned her head. He put the plate down on the table next to the bed and said,"Hey...eat"

Adena laughed a little and shook her head. Then all of a sudden he started tickling her and she started squeal a little. Somehow as he tickled her he maneuvered the chicken into her mouth. All she could do was accept defeat and chew on it."There you go"he said with a laugh,"See?It aint killing you"

"But you made me kill my fortune cookie"she said,"I sat on it"she said as she showed him the bag with a crushed cookie inside.

"Oh stop whining its still in the bag. You can still eat it"he said as he opened his cookie and looked at the fortune and then laughed.

"Whats so funny?"she asked him

"'The source of eternal happiness will soon be found'"he read, and then added,"In bed"

"What?! Dirty fortune cookies?"she asked him

"No whenever you read a fortune you add 'in bed' on the end. It always makes perfect sense"he said,"Thats a great fortune,Im gonna keep this one"he said with a laugh,"What does yours say?"he asked her

Adena opened the bag and took the fortune slip out, she then laughed and read,"'Respect your elders'....in bed"she said and laughed."Eeew"

Craig laughed,"Oh thats classic. Hey I am older than you, I can be considered an elder. They dont mean elderly"he said to her. Then he realized what he said and cleared his throat and picked up his plate and started to eat, hoping he didnt offend her."Chicken?"he asked her

"Im fine"she said quietly as she ate her fortune cookie. They sat there in silence as they both ate, looking at whatever was on tv so late.

*

Capricorn is the complementary opposite sign to Cancer, and forms the paternal complement to Cancerian maternalism.

*

Other people in Adena's life were feeling awkward as well, but for different reasons. Kim forced herself not to call her again. She was wondering where Adena was. Did she go back to Taye and work things out? She hoped not. She felt that he didnt need a second chance. She got up and drank a glass of water and attempted to go to sleep again, but then her cell phone rang. She put the glass down and ran toward the bedroom to answer it....

*

Capricorns also need to be taught how to express their own very sensitive inner emotions in ways that will not cause them embarrassment.

*

Taye took his anger out on Adena through video games. He didnt bother calling Felicia, the girl that he has been running around with, even though she called several times saying she was "horny and wanted to see him". He told her about the divorce and she was happy. But he wasnt worried about her, he was worried about his soon to be ex wife and he hasnt heard from her.

"Shit!"he said as he watched his character get blown to pieces. He was trying to beat his friends new high score on the video game but couldnt beat it. He was too distracted. He picked up the phone and called Kim. She had to be with her. He listened as the phone rang once...twice...three times...he was about to hang up in the middle of the fourth when she picked up,"Taye?"

"Kim? Thank God I thought you werent going to answer like your friend-"

"Taye, do you know what time it is? Its 4 am"Kim said to him

"Oh...sorry...Ive been up all night worried about her. I didnt notice. Im sorry to wake you."

"Its fine. I was up anyway. I have been worried about her too"Kim said as she walked back into the kitchen and picked up her glass of water with her free hand and gulped it down.

"Wait, you havent seen her?"he asked her,"Has she been with Missy?"he asked her

"No I have seen her, I just havent seen her all day"she said to him as she made her way back into the bedroom. She wasnt going to tell him anything, well at first, but how could she stick up for her friend when she couldnt have the decency to call her back?

"Where has she been staying? She hasnt called me at all. I have left numerous messages"

"She has been staying with me and,truthfully Taye, shes a mess. She covers everything up with a smile, shes been working overtime at the gallery and then when shes not there, shes cleaning my apartment and making full course meals."

Taye sighed, he knew that wasnt a good sign. He knew Adena all too well. When they had their first fight as a couple, her roommate at NYU said that Adena cleaned the whole dorm room, even her side of the room and the bathroom that they had shared with another room. Thats when he learned of her habit. "Im sorry. I bet the food was great though"he said, just saying the first thing that came to mind. What could he say?

"Oh it has. I mean I havent had pure shrimp cocktail in awhile and I have never seen my bathroom floor look so clean but...she went to work this morning and thats the last that I saw her. Missy told me not to worry, that she was working another double...but its 4 am and she hasnt come back"Kim said

"Are you sure she isnt with Missy?"he asked her

"The last I spoke to Missy...was like around 9...she said she hadnt seen her either"

"Can you call her? Maybe she is over there? I just cant take it. Im worried sick and I wont be able to sleep until I know where she is"

"Yeah sure hold on. Shes probably up, now if she answers, thats another story"she said to him. She put her cell down and called Missy's cell from her landline. Instead of hearing ringing, she heard a song and it was "Pop, Lock and Drop It" by some rapper. She waited as the song played and put it on speaker.Then surprisingly Missy answered."Missy? I thought I would have to leave a message"

"Whats up? Im just leaving the club girl"Missy said, she sounded drunk and out of breath, she could hear various males around her. She was probably taking one of them home.

"Have you seen Adena since I last spoke to you?"Kim asked her

"Girl, dang, stop trippin'. I havent seen her. When I left your place, I went to Shaye's place and we went to the club from there. She aint at my place and she hasnt called me either"

Taye sighed, he could hear Missy and that wasnt a good sign if she hasnt seen her either.

"Why are you calling me about that at 4 am?"Missy asked her

"Well Taye wanted to know, hes on the other line-"

"Tell him to fuck off! Now he wants to know where she is? Its been days! Tell him that I said that he shouldnt had slipped his dick inside some random hoe when he had a good woman waiting up for him every night! Tell him that! He fucking deserves it!"Missy yelled

"Missy, calm down, Im not gonna tell him that"Kim said, hoping he didnt hear. But Taye did, he wanted to cry. But Missy was right, he did deserve it. "But Missy, where could she be? Its 4 am"

"Girl I dont know. Maybe she took that Mercedes of hers and drove to Long Island. She could be with her real family. She probably just packed up and left. Shes probably sleeping in her old bedroom...I dunno."Missy said,"Oh hey look I gotta go though-"

"Ok well...if she does call you, call me. I dont care what time it is"Kim told her

"Ok ok girl, anything else?"Missy asked her

"No,Im just worried about her"

"Shes fine Kim. Now get some sleep k?" They said their goodbyes and then hung up.

She picked up her cell and said,"Sorry that took so long. Missy doesnt know where she is either-"

"I do deserve it dont I?"Taye asked her,"Shes right"

Kim sighed,he heard."No Taye...you dont...Missy is just upset-"

"No I do deserve it. I didnt respect her when I was out...why should she respect me? This is what I get. I mean there have probably been a few nights where she stayed up worrying about me. Shes just giving me a taste of my own medicine"

"Maybe but...we are all adults and the adult thing to do is not pack up and leave when she cant deal with something. She could have at least called one of us. No one knows where she is"Kim said

"Where did she go? She packed and went where?"he asked her

"Missy said that Adena might have went to Long Island. To be with her family. She probably needed to get away from the city for the weekend. Who knows. Have you called them?"

"No...but I will-"

"In the morning of course. Not now"Kim warned him. She could hear him sniffling, he was crying. She felt sorry for him and her heart went out to him. He was truly sorry and knew what he had done was wrong.

"Yes...yes not now"Taye said,"Thanks Kim, I mean you could have been rude like Missy or ignored me entirely like Dena...thanks for being there"he said to her

"Your welcome"she said to him,"Get some sleep Taye. Im worried but shes ok. Wherever she is"

*

A secure, warm home with a regular routine and reliable, appreciative parents are essential to Capricorns.

*

Kim's words did set Taye's mind at ease. He laid down on the couch and cried himself to sleep. When the sun rose and its rays hit his face early the next morning, he sat up quickly and grabbed the phone and called the Capricorns. He knew them as early risers and they would be up by now. He didnt have to speak to Adena, he just needed to know that she was ok and safe and sound.

He waited as it rang....

Meanwhile on Long Island, Adena's parents were doing their usually morning routine. They both got up, showered, dressed and Mrs. Capricorn made a simple breakfast. Mr. Capricorn read the paper as she set the table. Breakfast was always a glass of orange juice, various fruits, bagels and cream cheese.

"I havent seen Adena's gallery in the Arts and Entertainment section lately. Do you think there is anything wrong?"Mr. Capricorn asked her

"Oh nothing should be wrong. Remember when she called last week sometime? She said they were working on a new project. It should probably be in the papers soon"she said to him

"She hasnt called since last week? Thats odd"he said as he put the paper down and took a bite out of his bagel.

"Shes probably very busy. Taye has been looking for a job so she feels she should work more overtime"she said. Then the phone rang,"Thats probably her"she said as she got up and picked up the phone,"Hello?"she asked sweetly

"Mrs. Capricorn? How are you?"Taye asked her, grateful that she answered

"Taye? Well what a surprise. And call me Gladys"she said sweetly.She covered the mouthpiece and said to her husband,"Its Taye"

"Oh"he said as he went back to the paper.

"How are you Taye? How have things been?"she asked him

"Is Adena there?"he blurted out, not really listening to what she asked. Then he realized it, they didnt know where she was either. Or they thought that she was with him....

"Is she here? No....Taye? Whats wrong? Why isnt your wife with you?"she asked now very concerned. Mr. Capricorn put down the paper and looked at her.

Soon after that Taye broke down. Where could she be? Where else could she have gone?

"He's looking for Adena? Why?"Mr. Capricorn asked Gladys. She shrugged and held up a finger,telling him to wait a minute.

"Taye, calm down. When was the last time you saw her? Whats going on?"she asked him, trying to stay calm. She slowly sat down at the kitchen table and put her hand to her chest while Taye told her everything. Absolutely everything.

*

The typical Capricorn gets what he or she wants by slowly wearing down parental resistance.

*
Chapter 9 by Butterfly
Author's Notes:
stories/537/images/adena2.jpgstories/537/images/craig2.jpg
Behavior and Personality Traits
The typical Capricorn child:
* tends to prefer older company
* often looks very old when still a baby
* is self-contained and strong willed
* is usually even-tempered
* gets what he or she wants by slowly wearing down parental resistance
* likes the security of routine and orderliness
* has just one or two close friends
* enjoys pretending to be grown up
* usually loves reading
* likes to make things that have a practical use

*

Craig rolled over and opened his eyes, he glanced at his watch and saw that it was a little past 9 am. He shrugged and then laid back down. Then he sat up quickly and jumped off the couch,"Shit"he said as he ran toward his room. He was late for work. He opened his bedroom door and then he saw Adena laying there peacefully. Then he stopped and remembered everything that happened yesterday. He got laid off, went to the bar and drank off his sorrows and thats where he met Adena, he bought her drinks and they got to know each other, she gets pretty drunk and realizes that she is sick and overworked, he brings her to his place since he doesnt know where to take her since she passes out in her car...and she's still here. It wasnt all a dream.

He stands there and watches her sleep. He then shakes himself out of that reverie and decides to make a big breakfast. She may not even eat it but he was hungry. He looked around his clean kitchen and tried to find everything. Even though Adena cleaned the kitchen until it was spotless, she put everything in the wrong place. He made french toast, scrambled eggs and was just getting started on the bacon when he heard a voice.

"Wow, that smells really good"Adena said as she stood there in one of his enormous tshirts.

"Thanks"he said as he turned to her,"I wasnt too loud was I?"he asked her

"Oh no, the smell woke me"she said,"What cha making?"she asked as she walked over

"French toast, scrambled eggs, bacon"

"Wow smells really good. I didnt know you could cook like that"she said

"Oh yeah. Im what you call a professional when it comes to filling stomachs"he said to her

"Oh really?"she asked him, then suddenly she backed away and covered her mouth

He looked at her weirdly,"Whats wrong?"he asked her

"Do I have morning breath?"she asked in a cute, small voice

He laughed,"No...did you want a toothbrush?"

"You have an extra one?"she asked him

"Yeah"he said with a shrug as he turned the heat down. He walked into the bathroom and looked under the sink and gave her one,"Here you go"he said to her,"I have extra soap too unless you really like Axe"he said as he held up some Axe shower gel,"I'll get you some towels and washcloth if you want"

She nodded and then coughed a little,"Thanks"she said. She turned on the sink and started to brush her teeth. He laid a clean towel and washcloth on the bed and then went back and tended to his masterpiece called breakfast.

Adena walked back out to the kitchen, now more confident that her breath didnt smell. Even though he claimed that it didnt. He started to make a plate,"Oh its done?"she asked with a smile

"Yeah"he said to her, he then smiled,"You seem a whole lot better"he said to her,"Are you still boycotting food?"he asked her

She shook her head,"Oh no. Im fine"she said to him.

"Well here you go"he said to her as he gave her the plate,"Well sit down and go on with your bad self"he said and they both laughed. He made himself a plate and sat next to her and gave her two pills,"Just in case"

She downed the two pills with the orange juice and dug right in. She was eating like she hadnt eaten in awhile. Which was true. She hadnt eaten all day yesterday. "Wow Craig, this is really good. You should be a cook."

"Thanks. Ive always wanted to be a cook"

"Why arent you?"she asked him

"Couldnt afford cooking schools. The scholarships werent all that either"he said to her,"Thats why I work..well worked two jobs...you know to save up...but now I gotta start over"

"Im sorry"Adena said to him

"Hey its fine. Im just going to lay low for a few days and then look for other jobs. Im not gonna let up until I do"

"You should try food service. You know, to practice"

"Tried it"he said with a laugh,"They just dont pay enough like the office jobs. I'd rather do that"he said to her

Adena nodded, well at least he wasnt depressed. Taye was very depressed when he was laid off. It came as a shock for the both of them. But she got over it quickly and pushed him to look for other jobs. He was too depressed to. Then when he was finally ready, he was too picky. Sending in at the most, 2 applications a week. Thats why he is in the predicament he is in now. She then heard Craig say something and she said,"Huh?"

"Did you sleep well?"he asked her again

"Oh yeah, your bed is comfy. I think Ive slept more all day yesterday than I have in weeks. Thank you"

"Well Im glad it was good for something"he said to her. Then they heard a cell phone ring. She sighed,"I think thats yours"

"I know. It is. Its probably....just let it ring..."she said quietly

He nodded, it finally stopped and she slowly was normal again."I bet people are looking for you. I mean I did kind of kidnap you"

"No you actually saved me. They'll be ok. I just needed to get away from everyone, everything"she said to him,then she stopped,"You dont think Im using you do you?"

"No"he said with a small laugh,"Im just concerned. Everytime the phone rings, you get all sad. I mean I bet your friend you are staying with is worried"

"I know she is. Im just...I just dont feel like explaining myself. What happened yesterday...she'll be fine"

"Obviously not if she keeps calling"

"That wasnt her, that was my husband"she said quickly. Then she stopped and sighed,"Well ex husband."

"If he's your ex, why is he still calling?"he asked her

"I dont know. He probably wants to apologize again for everything that happened. I mean he isnt officially an ex husband yet. We havent even talked about the divorce officially. I only moved out a few days ago"

Craig looked at her with concern,"Oh Adena Im sorry"he said to her. He knew that she was going through a divorce but he didnt know that it was still so fresh, still practically burning her.He reached across the table and took her hand,"Im sorry"he said again

"Its fine, whatever"she said, she then got up,"Im going to take my shower now"she said and then walked into his bedroom quickly. Within seconds he heard his bathroom door shut and heard the shower running. He just sat there and then he finished his food, he cleaned up their plates and put the dishes in the sink. He sat there on the bed and faced the bathroom door and waited for her to come out.

*

The typical Cancerian will rarely make the first move.

*

Adena sighed as she looked at herself in the mirror. She still felt embarrassed, why did she say all that? Now Craig probably pitied her. She changed into the black sleeveless turtleneck and black pants that she wore yesterday, she would need to get clothes from somewhere. She didnt want to go to Kim's, she didnt feel like facing her knowing she was pissed and wanting an explanation,if she went back to Taye's to get any of her other things, he would want the same thing. She opened the bathroom door and saw Craig sitting on the bed, facing the bathroom door. Why did he have to look so sad for her?

"Im sorry to make you run off. You obviously are still hurting"he said to her

"Oh its fine...whatever"she said as she stood there with her hands folded across her chest,"Im getting over it. I have to"

"How long were you two together?"he asked and then stopped,"Im sorry, why am I still asking?"

"10 months...well married. We dated for 2 years in college"she said as she slowly walked over to him and sat next to him. She pulled her legs toward her chest and rested her chin on her knees. Craig nodded. "What about you?"she asked him, wanting to change the subject.

"What about me?"he asked her

"Married? Divorced? Single?"she asked him,"I mean a girl isnt gonna come in here and demand why im sitting on your bed right?"she asked him

"No"he said with a laugh as he turned to her,"Im not committed to anyone right now"he said

"Why not?"she asked him

"Well I have this big thing about not making the first move. Rejection and games are just...they arent for me. I dont have the time. If a girl is worth it, she'll come to me"he said

"What, are you scared?"she asked him

"Yeah..Im not afraid to admit it. I have had my heart broken and Ive probably broken some hearts too. Im laying low for right now"he said to her. They sat there in a small silence and he laughed and said,"You smell like boy"

"Huh?"she asked with a laugh

"You smell like boy. You used the Axe didnt you?"he asked her

She nodded,"Well yeah. I couldnt find the extra soap so I used it. You dont mind do you?"

"No I dont"he said to her

"I just would feel more comfortable if I wasnt wearing the clothes that I was wearing yesterday. I might have to throw this outfit out, it has the cold all over it probably"

"I could wash it for you"he said to her,"You dont mind your clothes smelling like Xtra do you?"he asked her

"I guess thats ok"she said with a nod. He got up and went to his dresser and took out some sweat pants and a t shirt."You wont mind wearing this would you?"he asked her. She shook her head no. She got up and went into the bathroom and changed into it. She gave him her clothes along with the towel and washcloth she used. He chuckled when he saw how big his clothes looked on her.

"They are kind of big arent they?"she asked him and laughed as she struggled to keep the sweatpants up. Then their laughter was interrupted by her cell phone. They both stood there and watched it vibrate and ring on his bed.

When it stopped ringing he asked her,"Do you mind if I turn that off?"he asked her,"The only way to truly get away like you want to is to just turn the whole thing off"

"Well dont turn it off. Just mute it, put it on silent"she said. He walked over and struggled to do it and then he laughed and handed it to her. She set it on silent and flipped it closed. She sighed,"I feel better already"

Craig smiled,"Yeah you arent having coughing and sneezing fits and you're smiling"he said to her. She rarely smiled but when she did it was beautiful.

*

From Capricorn the Cancerian can learn how to distinguish reality from imagination.

*

"Gladys, what happened" Mr. Capricorn asked his wife. He could hear Taye crying and talking but he couldnt make out what he was saying. He sat there in torture as he wondered what the hell happened to his daughter,"Is she ok?"he asked her

"I dont know"Gladys said quietly,"Rick....I dont know"

"Well what happened?!"he asked impatiently

"Apparently Taye and Adena have been having some trouble. They have even been to a marriage counselor...now Adena wants a divorce. She moved out and she was staying with Kim but as of yesterday, no one has seen her. They thought she came here"

"What? Marriage counseling? They were perfectly happy...why does she want a divorce?"Rick asked her

"Taye admitted to infidelity"Gladys said

Rick stared at her with wide eyes and his mouth half open. It took a longer time to accept Taye into the family and when he did he thought he made the right choice when giving away his daughter to a man like him. Now he regretted it. But most importantly, where was his baby?

"Call her"he said to her

"Taye is calling her now. But she hasnt answered to anyone-"

"Of course she wouldnt answer to an adulterer! He cheated on her Gladys, she is probably heart broken somewhere. All she needs is to hear her mothers voice. Tell her to come home. Tell her to take off work, whatever, she needs us"he said to her

Gladys picked up the phone and called Adena's cell. But it rang and rang,"Voicemail"she whispered to him as she listened to Adena saying "leave a message".

Rick took the phone from her,then he heard the beep,"Dena? Baby? Its your father...and your mother. Taye told us everything. He cant find you, no one can. And baby I know how you hate to be embarrassed and I dont know if you feel like a failure or not...but your not. Dont beat yourself up baby. Just come home. We will get your room ready for you and you can come by anytime. But please let us know if you are ok. We're waiting for your call. Love you"he said to her and then hung up.

He knew his daughter all too well. She hated surprises and embarrassment and the bond of marriage was very important to her. She lacked in self confidence when she was a child until he had to practically beat it into her head that she was talented and beautiful. But most importantly, she loved Taye and only saw good things about him. Thats what she told him on her wedding day...

~Flashback~

"You ready?"Adena said as she turned to her father. Most of the bridesmaids and their attendants had gone down the aisle, it was almost their time.

Rick looked at her daughter with tears in her eyes. She looked beautiful in her white dress and hair done all pretty. "Baby? Can I ask you something? Are you sure you are doing the right thing? Are you sure that you want to do this?"

"Daddy. Im fine. Taye is the man for me and I am totally and completely in love with him. We are going to be together forever. He promised me that when he gave me that engagement ring and I am going to promise him that today...in front of everyone. Im not afraid. Daddy, I have never felt like this before. He makes me feel whole, beautiful, confident, talented. He believes in me whenever I didnt believe in myself. He's like you Daddy. We are going to be happily married as long as you and Mommy are...even longer. Nothing can tear us apart. Nothing. I am doing the right thing Daddy. Im sure of it"she said to him with tears in her eyes.

Rick nodded,he was sold. Nothing was going to stop her now. He lifted the veil over her head to cover her face as Kim gave her a hug. Kim then walked out as the maid of honor and then he looked at her,"Ready? Its us"

"Yeah Daddy. Im ready"she said to him as the doors opened to the sanctuary and she looked down the aisle, seeing Taye looking lovingly at her

~

Rick stared at the phone in his hand and shook his head,"Damn baby...Im so sorry"he whispered

*

Capricorn can teach Cancer how to consequently make better judgments and thus getting things into the right perspective.

*

Adena and Craig laughed out loud as they watched Next Friday. Craig and Ron had a big selection of DVD's and they decided to stay in and just watch movies. Craig "snacked" on leftover chinese food and Adena had some of the won ton soup. She was feeling much better now and was glad.

They both relaxed in his sweats and laid in his bed. That movie went off and he said,"Damn, I have the 'itis"

Adena laughed,"Me too"she said to him.

The "itis" is the feeling of getting so sleepy after eating so much that your stomach is full.

"We gotta find a way to work that food off"she said with a laugh."Wow I havent seen that movie in a long time"she said to him. They had a full comedic movie marathon. They watched "Dumb and Dumber", "Four Brothers", "Friday" and "Next Friday". "Ready for 'Friday After Next?'"she asked him,"I know you have it"

"I do have it, unfortunately. I have to get ready to go"

"Where you going?"she asked him

"I have to DJ. I still have that job at least. I can dance off all this food we been eating"he said to her and then looked at her. He had fun with her but he didnt want to leave her here. "I dont want to leave you here-"

"Well do you mind if I come along?"she asked him. Not believing that she was asking him that, she wasnt a clubber at all but if she stuck by Craig, she probably would have fun.

"Are you asking to sit in the DJ booth with me?"he asked her

"Yeah, I wanna see what life as a DJ is like"she said to him

"Ok...sure"he said with a smile. "I bet your clothes are dry by now, if you still wanted to wear those"he said to her."I'll be right back"he said as he got some clothes together and went in the bathroom.

While he did so, she changed into her outfit and ran her fingers through her long straight black hair, she went in her purse and dabbed some perfume on herself and put on some light mascara and lipgloss. He walked out of the bathroom and she smiled. He was cute. He had on another pair of designer jeans, Timbs, a white wifebeater and a tan colored shirt over it along with a tan tabogan over his head.

"Ready?"he asked her

"Sure"she said,"You wanna catch the subway?Is that how you usually get there?"she asked him

"Yeah, you didnt want to take your ride?"he asked her

"No...I wanna keep her here, if you dont mind"she said to him as she put on her peacoat.

He nodded, she probably didnt want anyone she knew seeing her. He put on his leather jacket and said,"Ok lets roll"

They paid the subway fare and soon they arrived at club Fever. They went through the back door and Craig immediately started setting up. A waitress delivered drinks on the house to him. Adena felt like she was in VIP or something. Soon the club was packed and the party was in full swing. Adena sat next to Craig as he worked, dancing in her seat as she sipped on her Cosmopolitan.

"You can dance you know"Craig said to her,"You dont have to stay up here"

"Oh no Im fine. Its safer up here"she said to him with a knowing look, remembering the last time she was here and how Craig had saved her...again. He laughed. She looked out at the crowd and liked how everyone was enjoying how Craig did his thing. Then she noticed a familiar face. It was Missy. She panicked, it slipped her mind that Missy always came here. Great, she was going to see her and call Kim. She moved her chair closer to the fan so she could be out of view.

"Where you going?"he asked her as he shouted over the music

"Its cooler back here!"she shouted back. He nodded and went back to work. The waitress came back.

"Another Heiney?"she asked Craig. He nodded,she walked over to her,"You doing ok?"she asked her

"Another Cosmo please?"she asked her, the waitress nodded,"Make it strong too"she said to her

*

The Capricornean look- Forehead: narrower than average between the temples, with deep frown lines.

*
Chapter 10 by Butterfly
Author's Notes:
stories/537/images/adena2.jpgstories/537/images/craig2.jpgstories/537/images/missy2.jpgstories/537/images/felicia3.jpgstories/537/images/ron2.jpg
Dislikes
* untidiness
* being teased
* familiarity
* surprises
* new ideas
* loneliness
* being made to feel useless
* being embarrassed in public

*

"So she aint at her parents place?"Missy asked Kim. Missy was at club Fever with some friends when Kim called her. Again it was about Adena's "disappearance". Supposedly Taye called her parents and told them everything that happened, which surprised her, only a REAL MAN would do that. But it wasn't even his place to do so. However, they told him she wasn't there. Now both Kim and Taye were freaking out and Kim was asking her if she has even seen her still. "Well no girl I haven't seen her, she hasn't called me or anything. She's probably hiding out with someone else"

"Not to be rude Missy, but who else can she run to? I mean who else does she know? I mean you know she only has us as close friends-"

"Well I don't know Kim. I mean maybe she found a new boyfriend? Maybe she ran into an old friend and is hiding out with them? Or a cousin? I don't know but obviously she doesn't want any of us to know"Missy said to her

"Well that's rude! And dangerous! Its been 24 hours. We are thinking about calling the police"Kim said worriedly. She was sick of worrying herself sick about this.

"Fuck the police Kim!"Missy said,"Girl it aint that serious. Shes fine. I know she is. She will show up. I mean its the weekend. She probably went away, alone...to the beach...somewhere..."

"Its January. Its 10 degrees out right now. Why would she be at the beach?"

"I'm just saying. And she doesn't have to be at the Hamptons. She could be in Jamaica for all we know. Just calm down, wherever she is, she doesn't want us worrying about her"Missy said

"Well if she does call you, call me"Kim said sternly

"Ok girl damn!-"

"No Missy, I'm serious. She could be dead somewhere and you don't care!"

"She aint dead nowhere. Adena aint that stupid"Missy said,"I do care, I just aint freaking out and don't pull that reverse psychology bullshit on me"

"Ok Missy...I'm sorry...I'm just worried..."

"Get some fucking sleep girl ok? Call me only when you are calmed down"she said to her and then hung up. She was worried, a little bit, but she had a feeling that wherever Adena was, she was ok. "I need a fucking drink girl"Missy said to her friend

"I got a shot of Patron right here"her friend said to her

"Yeah bitch! Thank you"Missy said as she downed the shot like a pro. The DJ put on another song and she moved to the music. They both got on the floor and she started dancing with various guys, girls too, she didn't discriminate.

Then the DJ started playing rock and techno. Missy rolled her eyes. Club Fever was a mixed club so the DJ always tried to play every kind of music for every kind of person and all the white people were feeling it but she sure as hell wasn't. "What the fuck is this shit!?"she said to her friend as she stood there on the dance floor with her arms crossed.

"You know they play this shit for the white people. See?"she said as most of them were jumping up and down and waving around glow sticks,"They like this shit"

"Well I don't, I need another shot and I need him to change the music"Missy said. She smiled at the cute DJ and said,"You get the drinks. I'm gonna talk to that fine ass"she said as she worked her way toward the DJ booth.

*

* Capricornean style of walking: swift and sure because all typical Capricorns take great care of where they put their feet when they take each step.

*

Adena started to laugh as Craig played techno music. At her high school, a lot of the white kids loved this music. This took her back to prom and all the high school parties that she went to.

"Whats so funny miss lady?"Craig asked as he stood next to her and leaned against the wall and drank his Heineken. He programmed the songs so that they would play on their own, which gave him a small break

"This music is just funny to me"Adena said to him,"My friends in high school loved this but I could never feel it like they could. They would dance just like them"she said as she pointed to the people that were jumping around and dancing to it

"So you never jumped around and danced to it? Not once?"he asked her

"I mean I have..."

"Show me"

"No....no way"

"Come on, believe me, no one is watching you, they cant see you. Its just me"Craig said,"Come on"he said to her

Adena just laughed, he could tell that she had more Cosmos than he had beer. But he liked it, she wasn't as uptight and self conscious when she was inebriated. Then surprisingly she got up and started to jump around and dance. He laughed. Then they both heard someone shout,"ADENA?!"

Adena turned around sharply and saw Missy standing there! She forgot that she was here! Shit..

"Girl where have you been!?"Missy said to her,"Kim has been getting on my goddamn nerves looking for your ass!"

"Missy, I can explain"Adena said as she walked over to her

"Whatever, explain it to Kim cuz I'm calling her"Missy said as she got out her phone

"No, I'm fine really-"

"No she asked me to call her when I found you safe and sound and you are-"

"Well she isn't my mom so she is fine!"Adena said to her. But Missy wasn't hearing her. She started to walk away,"Excuse me"she said quickly to Craig as she gave him her Cosmo and got down from the DJ booth and pushed through the crowd to get to Missy.She pulled her by the arm,"Missy don't!"

"Well look at you!"Missy said as she pulled her arm away,"Being all aggressive and shit...and hanging out and drinking with the hot DJ too huh? Girl you have only been divorced for like a few days and you already acting out"

"Missy its not like that-"

"Then what is it like?"Missy asked her,"Where have you been? Huh? You know that Taye and Kim are hitting my phone up every hour on the hour looking for your ass? Your parents are worried and they are thinking about calling the police-"

"My parents?"

"Yeah your parents, Taye freaked out last night and called them and told them everything"

"Everything?"

"Yeah everything. So they aint a big fan of Taye's either and they worried about you too"Missy said,"Here call them yourself and tell them your ok. Ok? So they wont bother me"

"No I cant...I need more time"Adena said, starting to panic. Why did Taye have to call her parents? She didn't want to tell them yet. Not like this. This was too embarrassing, she couldn't deal with all of this, not yet.

"What the fuck you mean, you need more time?"Missy asked her

"I need more time. I need more time away from everyone ok? I need time to think"

"Well what the fuck am I supposed to do then? Where have you been staying?"

"With Craig"

"Craig? Craig who?"

Adena nodded her head toward the DJ booth,"The DJ"

"You fucking the cute DJ?!"Missy said in shock as a girl came up to her with some shots

"No we aren't...doing that...he's just a friend"

"When was one of the hottest DJ's in New York just a friend of yours?"she asked her

"Since yesterday...its a long story...and I cant tell you everything right now, I will tell you everything when I'm ready ok?"Adena said to her

"Fine whateva"Missy said as she downed a shot

"Whats that?"Adena asked her

"Patron. Its the strongest liquor girl. It will get you fucked up and help you forget everything"Missy said with a laugh as she downed another one."Its too strong for you though"

"It helps you forget everything?"Adena asked her.Missy nodded,"Ok...Missy? I need a favor"

"What?"Missy asked her with a sigh, half annoyed, half tipsy

"I need you to call Kim and tell her that I'm fine. Tell her that I called you and told you that I went away ok? To think ok? Can you do that for me? Now?"she asked her

"Fine"Missy said,"I gotta go to the bathroom and do it. She cant hear me out here"Missy said. Craig started playing more popular music now and she said,"Its about fucking time!"

"You never saw me ok?"Adena asked her

"Ok...but when will I see you?"she asked her

"In a few days, when I get everything sorted out"Adena said,"Thanks"she said and gave her a hug and worked her way through the crowd back to Craig.

*

On the whole, Capricorns are not jealous people; nor are the quarrelsome, unless someone is trying to give them orders.

*

"She said what?!"Kim said to Missy once she heard the news,"That's it? That's all she told you?"

"Yeah, now call Taye and tell him so you all can leave me alone"Missy told her

"Well did she sound ok? Could you hear anything in the background? Was she calling from her cell phone?"

"She didn't sound too good, I could hear some guy whispering in her ear and she was calling from a private number"

"WHAT?"

"I'm kidding Kim, damn"Missy said,"She sounded normal ok?The background was quiet I guess, I wasn't paying attention and she called from her cell"

"Well why couldn't she call me?"

"I don't know Kim, she didn't have much to say and then she rushed me off the phone. That's all I can tell you"

Kim sighed,"Well I'm still worried but at least shes still alive.."

"Ok well I gotta go ok? See I told you, shes fine. Now go to sleep or something, well call Taye and then go to sleep"

They said their goodbyes and then hung up.However Kim still had a feeling that Missy wasn't telling her everything, like there was more to the story.

*

The need for public recognition is basic to Capricornean well-being.

*

"Oooh that Patron was strong"Adena said with a laugh as she and Craig left the club later that night. Adena kind of freaked out after she saw Missy but she figured those shots would help her forget everything and she needed to forget what just happened.

"Ok well can you please, kindly tell me whats going on? You seem different"Craig asked her,"Was that blond a friend of yours?"

"Yes, shes one of my best friends"

"One of the people that has been looking for you?"

"Yes"she said quickly,"Do you mind if I stay with you? Just a little bit longer? Im not ready...I need to think..."

"Yeah its fine..."Craig said,"But what about your friend?"

"I told her I was fine and to tell everyone that's been calling me that Im ok. That I'm away and that I needed time to think"Adena said as she and Craig entered his place."I'm gonna need to get some clothes. I'm gonna need to go home"

Craig nodded,"Are you sure that you can drive? I mean you are kind of...inebriated"

"But I'm not drunk.I'll be back"Adena said quickly as she got her keys

"Do you need me to come with you?"he asked her

"Nope"she said quickly on her way out and then shut the door behind her.

Craig just stood there in shock. He took off his jacket and gloves and just sat on the couch. He wondered what was really wrong with her and if she would open up to him and tell him. He sat down and laid his head against the couch and closed his eyes, then a few minutes later, well it seemed, he heard the door open. "What you forget?"he asked without opening his eyes,thinking it was Adena

"Got a light?"a female voice asked him

He opened his eyes and it was Felicia, his ex...well kind of."Um,hey...whats up?"

"You got a light?"she asked him. He nodded and got one of Ron's matchbooks and handed it to her."Thanks, how you been baby?"she asked him as she lit a cigarette and inhaled

"Fine but what are you doing here?"he asked her

She sighed,"I cant just come and see you and say hi? Its been awhile"

"Well no you cant Felicia. Its kind of different now. You found some new guy and you have been spending every waking moment with him. You dropped me like a bad habit"

"Well if it makes you feel better that bastard hasn't called me in 3 days"

"Actually no it doesn't, that just tells me that you are only paying me attention because he isn't paying attention to you"

"Well fuck, Craig! I cant ever do anything right can I?"Felicia said to him

Craig sighed, he didn't need another fight with her, not now. Not while he was worrying about Adena. "Felicia, besides a light, what else can I do for you?"

"I miss you Craig"Felicia said as she sat next to him on the couch,"I really do, I haven't stopped thinking about you over the past few days"

"And again the only reason why you have been thinking about me is because your new man aint giving you the time of day. 'Licia you haven't changed"

"Well you cant change me ok?"Felicia said angrily

"I'm not trying to-"

"Yes you have! You make such....demands upon me! Like we were in a relationship-"

"Well excuse me Felicia but when a woman sleeps here 6 out of the 7 days of the week, is always by my side and claims that she loves me? Well that sounds like a relationship right there"

"Well see that's your problem, you thought we were in a relationship when we weren't"Felicia said,but then she quieted down,"But lets try again...ok?-"

"No Felicia, I don't know if you are high or drunk or both but its not gonna happen. We aren't getting back together ok? Im through with you"Craig said to her just as Ron walked in from a long shift at the hospital

"Oh uh...hey Felicia"Ron said,knowing the awkward situation he just walked in on

"Mhmmm"she said in response,not looking at him, just glaring at Craig with hateful eyes. Ron just shrugged and walked into his room and closed the door.

Craig sighed,"There's nothing else to say-"

"Fine"Felicia said,"But you'll miss me, and you'll come back. I'm sure of it"she said and then walked out and slammed the door behind her.

"Wow"Ron said as he walked out of his bedroom,"I just um...ordered some Chinese cause I had a long day and it seems like you are...or starting to. I'm gonna go to the corner store and get some beers and maybe a dime aight?"he asked him

"Yeah whatever"Craig said as he sat back down on the couch and put his head in his hands

*

Cancerians often feel they are not loved enough, and so make draining demands on any partner who seems to have become uninterested.

*
Chapter 11 by Butterfly
Author's Notes:
stories/537/images/adena2.jpgstories/537/images/craig2.jpgstories/537/images/taye4.jpgstories/537/images/felicia3.jpg
Appearance
The typical Capricorn man:
* is stocky
* has sharp, penetrating eyes
* rarely smiles
* has very strong white teeth
* is conscious of his appearance
* dislikes removing his clothes in public -- for example, he will still be wearing a shirt during a heatwave when other men are bare-chested

*

While Craig was dealing with an ex, Adena was on her way to deal with her ex as well. Well not exactly, she planned to sneak into the house and pack up some things and leave swiftly and quietly. But that was hard to do when she was tipsy and really not taking anything seriously, the Cosmos and the few shots of Patron helped out with that.

She parked her car and walked up to her apartment and opened the door quietly. She closed the door quietly and tiptoed to the bedroom. Taye wasn’t there. She should have known, he probably used the free time to spread their business and see that little whore of his. She got a duffel bag out of the closet and started piling various clothes into it.

Then suddenly a door opened behind her and she turned around with a start and jumped a little. It was Taye, he was in the bathroom the whole time. “Shit you scared me”Adena said with a laugh and went back to packing. Well so much for him not seeing her.

Taye went over to her quickly and hugged her,”Don’t ever do that again! You hear me!?”he said as he held her close

“Get off me!”she said to him.”You have no right to tell me what to do”

“We have been worried about you! Everyone has! How irresponsible can you be!?”he asked her

“How irresponsible can you be?”she said to him,”You cheated and got caught”

“Dena, we aren’t talking about that-“he said and then stopped,”What are you doing?”he asked as he now saw the duffel bag

“Im getting some clothes. I ran out”

“How do you run out of clothes? Just wash the ones you have at Kim’s”Taye said, feeling confused,”Are you drunk?”

“Nope”she said,”And Im not staying at Kim’s. Im staying somewhere else”

“Where are you staying?”he asked her

“None of your business-“

“It is my business-“

“No its not. My life should not be a concern of yours! You demonstrated that so well when you cheated on me!”she shouted at him

“Dena, its 4 am…I don’t have the strength to fight-“

“Then leave me alone!”she said to him, she zipped up the bag and began to walk out

“Adena, please-“

“Don’t beg, ok? You didn’t respect my wishes as far as keeping this marriage together and being faithful. So I shouldn’t have to respect anything you have to say. You told my parents before I could and I don’t know what they are thinking-“

“They are worried about you. They want you to come home”

“Thanks for the message. Make sure to ask me before you spread around every sin you have done”

“That would have happened if you would have answered your phone”he said to her angrily

“Then that tells you something doesn’t it?”she said and then started to walk out

“Just tell me who you are staying with. Missy? Donatella? Lloyd?”

“Like I said its none of your business”she said as she opened the door and then stopped and turned around,”Just know that he’s way cuter than you”she said with a smug smile and walked out

“Who’s he? Who are you staying with!?”Taye yelled at her as she walked down the hall as she laughed at herself for having such balls to say something like that. She loved leaving him in the dust without really telling him a thing. Now he knew how it felt.

She got in the car and put the duffel bag in the passenger seat and drove off laughing…

*

Two Capricorns in the same family will get along quite well, providing they each have an area of endeavor in which they can succeed and achieve some adulation from others.

*

Craig sat there staring at the floor when the door opened and Adena swooped in. “Im hungry”she said as she looked at him. He got up and stood in front of her.

“Adena, are you ok?”he asked her

“Yeah, where can I put this?’she asked him

“In my room”he said but stayed where he was so she couldn’t move. “Adena, don’t lie to me”

“Im not the liar”she said

“Who is?”he asked her

“He is…”she said sadly and then started to cry. He held her close to him, as he did so, he took the bag from her and put it on the ground. She held onto him tightly and wrapped her arms around him.

“Shhh… its ok”he said to her as he held her. He knew this was hard on her and seeing him in the state that she was in didn’t make it any better.

She then pulled away quickly. “Oh don’t worry. Im fine”she said as she wiped her tears. She picked up the bag and went into his room and shut the door.

All he could do was sigh and sit on the couch. A few minutes later she walked out wearing a black and blue striped silk shirt that buttoned up, it looked like there should have been pants that went with it, but she wasn’t wearing them.

“Im sorry. I forgot the pants at my…well my old place. I can change if you want”she said

“No your fine’he said as he shook his head. She had nice legs. They were long and toned and had a dark caramel color to them. Wait, scratch that, she had sexy legs.

She sat down next to him on the couch and said,”Im sorry. You barely know me but I feel like I got you in the middle of my mess”

“No…you’re fine. Im just happy that you are ok. Im kinda honored that you think that my place of all places is the best hideaway spot”Craig said to her

“You can kick me out whenever you want”she said to him

“I don’t want to. I like your company”he said. “As you can see my roommate's always gone so Im here all by myself”

“What does he do all day?"

“He’s an intern at the hospital so he pulls 48 hour shifts and then gets another 48 hours off"

“Wow killer”she said with a laugh

“Are you drunk?”he asked with a laugh

“Maybe”she said and laughed,”I don’t know why Im laughing”she said

“It doesn’t matter. You need a laugh right now, you need to be happy”he said to her

“What makes you happy?”she asked him

He thought about it for a bit, “Cooking….dancing….Djing at club Fever….being with friends…making new ones….being in love…”he decided to stop there

“Being in love”Adena repeated,”Yeah…its supposed to make you happy. I’d rather not deal with it”

“On don’t tell me that you are gonna be one of those girls that swear off love because of one asshole”

“Maybe”

“Why would you give him that satisfaction?”he asked her,”I mean he may be off with someone else while you brush off guys that could be good for you. You aren’t giving us a chance and letting him win”

“Us? So you’re a good guy?”she asked him

“Yeah I would like to think so”he said

She nodded,”You are….you are a good guy”she said

“Thanks”

“I guess your right…but….God…its so stressful to find someone else. I have issues, he just fucked everything up”

“Maybe he has but don’t let us have to pay for what he did”Craig said

She nodded again,”He’s probably with her as we speak”

“Her?”he asked

“This little whore that he cheated on me with. At first I thought it was just a random kiss, a random lipstick stain on his shirt…but it was more than that. He has slept over her place, he has even slept with her in our bed…so yeah you’re right. He’s doing his dirt while Im being too careful and not getting dirty at all…letting life pass me by I guess”she said. He then pulled her in for a hug,”What?’she asked him

“I didn’t know. Im sorry. Im so sorry”

“Don’t pity me, please don’t”she said to him and pulled away from him.”I’ll just move on…slowly…I just want a genuine good guy….”she said as she looked into his dark brown eyes. She could feel his face getting closer to hers, she didn’t know who made the first move but their lips touched. A chill went up her spine and she also felt a spark move through her at the same time.

Then the door opened and Ron said,”Hey I got some food…”then he stopped when he saw Craig and the girl he brought home a couple days ago jump away from each other. Didn’t she have flu symptoms? She seemed better now and hotter. “Oh shit Im sorry” Damn how many awkward moments was he going to step into? Did he need to knock when he walked into his own apartment?

Craig cleared his throat and the girl just blushed and looked down. She then got up and went into his room and closed the door.

“Dude, Im sorry. I didn’t know she was here. Felicia was here when I left I thought you two would be arguing still”Ron said

“Its fine”Craig said with a huge smile

“What happened?”Ron said,”When I left, she was just some sick girl that you just met”

“Things change”Craig said still smiling

*

Shy, awkward with the opposite sex, and very much private people, Capricorns are, nevertheless, deeply interested in love and are reputed to be the most capable and loyal of lovers.

*

Adena composed herself and used the bathroom again. She was starting to feel sleepy but she could smell the Chinese food and it was making her stomach growl. She was starving. She convinced herself to act like nothing happened…and to act sober. She walked out with a smile.

“You want some Chinese?”Craig asked her. She nodded. Everything was a blur after that. Missy was right, the Patron did help you to forget things. She remembered sitting down with the food and eating and talking with Craig and Ron. But the next morning, she woke up to find Craig laying next to her in his bed. What happened in between? Was the kiss real?

She got up and went into the bathroom since her stomach felt queasy. She then threw up. She must have drank too much. She clutched the side of the toilet as she vomited and held onto it as she took deep breaths. She felt better now but she felt dirty. She wiped her mouth and walked back into Craig’s room to get her toiletries from her bag.

“You ok?”Craig asked her as he sat up in bed

“Yeah….I feel better now”she said as she got her toothbrush. She went into the bathroom and brushed her teeth, flossed and gargled some Listerine. She felt even better now but she felt that she needed to lay down a little longer. She got back into bed and realized that it was almost noon, she hadn’t slept that long in a long time.

Craig laughed,”You sleep well?”

“Yeah….but whats the laugh for? What happened last night?’she asked him

“Ron really likes you, he thinks you are really funny”

“Ron? Oh your roommate. Wait…when did we talk?”

“We all talked over Chinese food. Then he showed you his new phone, it has an mp3 player on it and you proceeded to dance around the living room. You sat on the couch and seconds later you passed out”

Adena groaned and shook her head,”Ohmygod….I don’t drink much…”

“I know”he said and chuckled,”I carried you back here to lay down and you asked me to stay…so I slept next to you, nothing happened”

“Oh”she said,”So we didn’t kiss?”she asked him and rolled over to look at him

He laughed a little and then nodded,”Yeah”

“What does this mean? I mean did you like it even?"she asked him. If he didn’t like it,then that answered her first question.

“I really liked it…but I don’t know what it means…did you like it?’he asked her

She nodded. But she couldn’t promise him anything. She couldn’t possibly think of being with anyone right now. She was about to go through a divorce. She needed time and he didn’t want to deal with the baggage, she was sure.

“Lets do something”she said as she sat up,”Im sick of being inside”

“Well thanks”he said to her

“No I like your place and everything-“

“Adena, I was kidding"he said with a laugh,”What do you wanna do?’he asked her

“Im hungry”she said with a shrug

“You sure can eat for a little person”he said. They both proceeded to get ready, they decided to get something to eat and then go from there.

*

On the whole, typical Capricorns pursue the following leisure interests: visiting museums, galleries, and the theater

*

Taye decided that the only way to get his mind off of Adena was to do what he usually did to get his mind off of anything. Call the boys and play video games until they all got carpal tunnel.

One of his friends got the new Nintendo Wii and they were having a ball making their characters and playing baseball, tennis and bowling.

“Oh! Another strike!”Taye said as he raised his hands in the air and danced around, reveling in his glory.

Then there was a knock at the door, he gave the controller to his friend and answered the door. He sighed,”Felicia….”

“Oh you remember my name?”she asked him as she let herself in,”Because I thought you forgot all about me, you haven’t spoken to me in almost 4 days”

“Fee Fee, I was dealing with Adena ok? She pulled this disappearing act that got us all worried. Up until this morning I didn’t know if she was dead or alive”

“Why should you care? You aren’t obligated to her anymore. You said so yourself you couldn’t wait until the divorce was final so you wouldn’t have to worry about what she thinks or worry about her at all for that matter”she said,”You still love her”

“Fee Fee, of course I still love her but its not the same”

“What do you feel for me?”she asked him

“Fee Fee, can we not get into this right now?”he asked her. “The guys are here…”he said

“Don’t Fee Fee me”she said as she opened her jacket to reveal just a black lacy bra and panty set from Victorias Secret,”I wanna know what you feel for me? Now tell me or show me”she said

Taye could feel himself melt, he hasn’t had sex with anyone in almost a week and he has been suffering. He accepted defeat and walked her into the bedroom and laid her down on the bed and started to kiss on her, the guys could wait.

*

Cancer and Capricorn are strong willed and may battle for supremacy concerning organization.

*
Chapter 12 by Butterfly
Author's Notes:

stories/537/images/adena2.jpgstories/537/images/craig2.jpgstories/537/images/missy2.jpg

 

http://fictionalfantasies.webs.com

Likes
* anyone who loves his or her mother
* sentimental and family keepsakes
* gourmet food
* shopping trips
* history, especially family genealogy
* any demonstration of affection such as flowers
* a birthday card on the right date
* the company of other people
* a calm working atmosphere
* physical contact

*

The two decided on a restaurant that neither has ever been to and one that they both would agree on. Especially the fact that Adena knew that she wouldn't see anyone that she knew. She kept her phone off and still wasn't ready to see anyone. She almost regretted seeing Taye last night and making him upset because she didn't know who he would tell. But also, there was a chance that him seeing her that night, in whatever state, will stifle all of his phone calls and maybe he wouldn't worry as much and wouldn't spread anything else.

But as of now, that wasn't on her mind as she sat there in the restaurant called Olivia's and laughed over a shrimp appetizer. She was having a lot of fun with Craig and she considered him a close friend even after knowing him for only a few days.

"Doesn't she though?"Craig asked her as they both laughed

Adena shook her head as she laughed,"I'm not gonna say anything. That is so rude!"she said, not wanting to look. Craig made a comment about a very "big boned" woman, he said that the man looked like Buddha and they have been laughing about it for awhile now.

"Oh come on loosen up"Craig said,"Maybe you need more wine"

Adena laughed as she shook her head,her red Pinot Grigio was pretty full, but very good. She probably drank more this weekend than ever in her life! "I'm good thanks"she said just as their food arrived. "Thank you"she said to the waiter as he set down the chicken Parmesan in front of her. They were quiet for a few minutes as they ate and she looked at his plate full of crab legs,"Do you approve?"

"Approve of what?"he asked her

"The food here. I hear that cooks are very hard critics"

"Oh, yeah they are alright"

"You should apply here"Adena mentioned,"I saw a hiring sign"

"Yeah me too"Craig said

"So...."

"So what?"Craig asked her with a laugh

"Well....are you going to apply?"

"Nope"he said and then added,"I'm very picky for one. They are only looking for waiters and hosts...and I wanna work someplace more upscale"

"Well you cant afford to be picky"Adena said and then quickly shut up.She remembered saying the exact same words to Taye months ago. He was picky about work but not very picky about women....stop thinking about it....she tried to tell herself

"I know that"Craig said,"But I'd rather start out as a cook...besides I'm a little rusty. I need to start cooking more and stop ordering Chinese. Cooking is a passion and it has to be perfect"

Adena nodded,"Is cooking your only passion?"she asked him

"Music too"Craig said after he thought about it a little,"That's basically it...."he said,"What are yours?"he asked her

"Art...of any kind. And...."then she stopped

"Come on, there's gotta be something else"Craig said

Adena sighed,"Well the other used to be having a family...kids...."she said sadly

"You can still have that Adena. But you may have to wait longer you know? Start your life over, have some fun first. I mean your only 23...you got a lot of time"he said

"Yeah....but I wanted to have my first child by 24"she said,"Just like my mom had me....and that's not gonna happen unless I give birth in the next 6 days"

"Hey you never know. Maybe having one at 34 will be better for you"he said,"Speaking of, have you decided about your birthday?"

Adena rolled her eyes playfully,"My birthday has not been on my mind at all"

"Why not?"he asked her

"Because its going to be way different than last year"she said. Then she decided to be honest with him,"Last year...Taye and I were still engaged,he was still into me, he had a great job and he just showered me with gifts"she laughed,"And when I mean gifts, I don't mean just material things. He actually cleaned the apartment,cooked dinner, ordered this big dessert, ran a bath for me...."she sighed,"I'm not looking forward to it because...I'm not going to have any of that..."she said. It was funny how things could change in a year. And what was worse was that they didn't even make it to their 1st anniversary. She felt ashamed and downed most of the wine.

Craig frowned,"Hey slow down now"he said as he watched her take the wine down like it was a shot. "I'm sorry I know its difficult-"

"Its more than that....you know what I want for my birthday this year?"she asked him

"What?"

"To not have one...I just want that day to be skipped over or something. And if it has to come...somehow its got to be so good that I can forget what happened last year, not just temporarily....forever.But no one can give me that"

Craig frowned. "You never know"he said. He wished with all his might that he could make her birthday special. Then in an instant it wasn't just a wish, it became a mission.

*

Cancerian humor provides some of the best comedy in the world of entertainment, because it is always based on an accurate observation of human nature.

*

"Wait...she said what?"Kim asked. Taye called her and made a huge diatribe about his encounter with Adena. But it seemed unreal because it didn't seem like her.

"She said that it was none of my business where she was but she said that I should know that hes way cuter than I am! Shes staying with some guy that I don't even know, do you know how worried that makes me!?"he said

Missy snickered. She made Kim put the phone on speaker so she could hear. Adena was right though, Craig was way cuter than Taye. "Now you know how it feels"

"What?"Taye asked

Kim glared at her,"Missy! I told you to be quiet, to not say a word,that's the only way this could work"she hissed

"Well sorry I cant. Do you know how many times Adena has come to us? There have been plenty of times when she was worried about you when you were out with your whore. Now its her turn"Missy said matter of factly

Taye sighed,"I know I deserve it Missy. But I'm trying. I'm still seeing Dr. Osbourne....what I did was wrong I know....but she barely knows the guy. She doesn't have any guy friends!"

"You have been seeing Dr. Osbourne?"Kim asked, impressed that Taye was still seeking help

"Yeah....I...I need help,its like I don't know who I am anymore"

"Oh please"Missy said as she got up and went into the kitchen,she didn't know how much more she could take of this.

"That's understandable Taye"Kim said

"I just...I want closure if its really going to end. I don't want her moving in with some DJ. She doesn't even go to clubs"he said, not knowing if he should believe what Missy said. But Adena packed up in a drunken rage so he didn't know what to believe. "I wanna see her for her birthday...I wanna apologize..."

Kim nodded,"I know Taye. I haven't seen her since she left...I would really like to speak with her as well...but we cant do anything until shes ready"

"I know....but will she?"Taye asked. It broke her heart when he asked that. His voice sounded so small, like a child who lost his puppy and wondered if it was coming back.

"I don't know Taye. I don't know"Kim said sadly.

*

On the whole, typical Capricorns pursue the following leisure interests: music, listening or playing

*

After they ate, Craig decided to take her to an art gallery nearby Olivia's. He was glad when her face lit up as she explained why she liked a specific piece or artist or why she didn't. He learned a lot from her that day and he admired how much she knew. He didn't know art was like that.

The gallery closed and they walked out, it was dark now and the rush hour traffic wasn't moving as many cars,cabs,buses and trucks honked. There were light flurries too. "Its freezing"she said as she closed her jacket.

"Bundle up,you aren't getting sick again"he said as they walked, then he stopped in front of a cafe as a band played jazz and r&b music. "Wanna warm up in there?"he asked her

She nodded,"Sure"she said

They ordered two hot chocolates and sat at the counter and looked at the band. There was a male and female lead singer, bass player, drum player, keyboard player, electric guitar player, trombone and trumpet player. "They're pretty good"he said over the music

Adena nodded,"Who are they?"she asked

"I have no idea"he said with a laugh. She smiled and they listened to the lyrics the male sang:

Girl I know that things aren't going right
But don't you think it deserves a fight
A love like ours don't happen everyday
And we're losing it right as we speak
And if we don't wake up, it's a memory
A time gone past, a love that sailed away

But we're not making love no more
We're not even trying to change
Tell me how it slips away
Does it ever stay the same
We don't even talk no more
We've ran out of words to say
Tell me it don't have to change
Won't it ever stay the same

Adena frowned as she listened to the song,she then shook her head,"What?"Craig asked

"I don't like this song"she said as she frowned and then sipped on her hot chocolate

"Why not? I mean the man wants to make up and start things over again"

"Oh yeah I know....but not all men are like that"she said cynically. Unfortunately, she was in a bad mood for awhile. Until the female singer sang a particular song:

He left no time to regret
Kept his dick wet
With his same old safe bet
Me and my head high
And my tears dry
Get on without my guy
You went back to what you knew
So far removed from all that we went through
And I tread a troubled track
My odds are stacked
I'll go back to black

We only said good-bye with words
I died a hundred times
You go back to her
And I go back to black

"You like it?"Craig asked in surprise as she nodded her head. She nodded and he smiled,"Well get up"he said

"No!"she said

"Why not? Everyone else is doing it"he said as he motioned to the others dancing

"If they jumped off a bridge would you too?"

"Who said anything about bridges?"he asked and they both laughed,"Just dance with me come on"he said. She got up reluctantly but soon she was having fun as the band played a song called "Whoa". But she couldn't help but think about how much fun she was having and when it would have to end....

*

Sometimes, Capricorn longs to let go a little and to allow themselves to join in on the fun -- let their toes tap in time with the music.

*

The two had a great time and after they met the band,they were called A Touch of Jazz. They got a free mixed cd and gave them flyers for their next show.

"I wanna see them again,they were good"she said as they walked out

"Yeah they were. Did you wanna go to Fever tonight? Cuz I gotta head over there and start setting up"he said. She nodded.

A few hours later, the club was in full swing and packed. But Adena had the best seat in the house with Craig and free drinks. She wouldn't mind coming to the club as much as Missy did (which was almost every day) if she had this treatment.

"HEY DENA!"she heard someone yell to her. Speak of the devil- Missy."COME 'ERE! I NEEDA TALK TO YA!"

"I'LL BE BACK"Adena said to Craig and he nodded,she left the booth and walked up to her,"YEAH?"

Missy pulled her toward the bathroom and then sat her down,"Taye's worried about you"

"So?"

"Did you really say that you were staying with someone cuter than he was?"Missy asked with a laugh. Adena nodded,she remembered that much. "You go, he deserves it"

"Thanks...but what did you really wanna say?"

"I wanted to ask how serious this shit was with you and DJ boy"

"Its not"Adena said

"Hmmmm....ok....well are you ever gonna hang out with your friends anymore? Or are you gonna drop everyone?"

"Shut up"Adena said,"Wanna hang in the booth?"she asked her.Missy was all for it,especially since there were free drinks.

"So...how do you know Adena?"Craig asked her. Missy seemed so different from Adena. She was more outgoing and not as mature as Adena and her tight lime green outfit basically showed him everything he needed to see.

"We met in college, we had an art class together. I dropped out though but we have been cool ever since"she said to him. She watched as he programmed some songs into the system and sat down and drank some beer,"Why do you play this techno shit?"she asked him

"Its the rules I guess"Craig said,then he had an idea,she was perfect! "Oh I have to ask you a favor"

"What?"she asked

"Well your her best friend...I need help with planning her a surprise party for her birthday"he said to her

*

Capricorns Dislike:
* surprises

*
End Notes:

Songs featured in this chapter are:

"We're Not Making Love No More" by Dru Hill

"Back To Black" by Amy Winehouse

Chapter 13 by Butterfly
Author's Notes:

stories/537/images/adena2.jpgstories/537/images/craig2.jpgstories/537/images/felicia3.jpgstories/537/images/taye4.jpg

http://fictionalfantantasies.webs.com

Cancer with Cancer: Harmonious
Cancer with Leo: Harmonious
Cancer with Virgo: Harmonious
Cancer with Libra: Difficult
Cancer with Scorpio: Harmonious
Cancer with Sagittarius: Turbulent
Cancer with Capricorn: Difficult
Cancer with Aquarius: Turbulent
Cancer with Pisces: Harmonious
Cancer with Aries: Difficult
Cancer with Taurus: Harmonious
Cancer with Gemini: Harmonious

*

"Wait...what?"Missy asked Craig

"I want you to help me plan her surprise party...I mean I know her situation and its kinda bad and I just wanted to do something nice for her you know?"Craig explained,"I figured you would know what she would like"

This guy must like her. But he didn't know her well. Adena wasn't a surprise party person but she was a different person nowadays. She was clubbing more often, drinking more often and doing outrageous things. Why not?

"That's sweet. Sure, what cha want me to do?"she asked him

"We cant talk about it here"he said as he glanced at Adena, she was speaking with the waitress but glancing their way,"Can I get your number?"he asked.She nodded and within seconds numbers were exchanged and stored into their cell tel's."Thanks we'll keep in touch"he said as Adena walked over

"I ordered another round"Adena said,"You two getting along?"she asked them

"Yep"they both said as innocently as they could

*

Young Capricorns need plenty of reassurance because they are natural worriers.

*

"Uh huh...ok...cool...call me back then...."Missy whispered and then hung up the phone

"Ok...you have to tell me...who is it that your always whispering to lately?"Kim asked her

"Nobody just some guy"Missy said with a shrug

"I thought you said you were done with guys"

"No, I said that I was through with guys...and that was a long time ago...besides some of the girls weren't all that anyway"

Kim looked at Missy shocked, she always surprised her somehow,"I'll pretend you didn't say that"

"Why? Whats wrong with experimentation?"

"So your not gonna tell me then?"Kim asked, quickly changing the subject

Missy sighed,"Alright. Ive been talking to Craig for the past few days...hes a DJ at Fever-"

"Why does that name sound familiar?"

"Well cuz that's the guy Adena's staying with-"

"Your dating Adena's new roommate or....whoever the hell he is?!"

"Ohmigod Kim, shut up lemme finish"she said,"Its innocent...even though I wouldn't mind...but hes into Adena I can tell"

"How can you tell?"

"Cuz I'm helping him plan Adena's surprise party for her birthday. It was all his idea. It was so sweet"she said,"You can come if you wanna. Its Friday"

"Ohmygod...Missy...why are you throwing her a surprise party? Remember the last time we threw her a surprise party? It was a disaster!"

Missy frowned,"Naw I don't remember"

"Well...you were drunk when you got there. But we surprised her remember? For her 20th birthday? We practically gave her a heart attack, she started crying, she claimed that we have been planning something behind her back and she felt betrayed and left...you don't remember?"

"Oh!...kinda....I remember the party I went to before that....they had so much to drink, I was gone!"Missy said with a laugh

"Stop it before its too late"Kim said

"Ohmigod Kim calm down. That was 3 years ago. Shes over it"

"You know how she is. She has an obsession with being prepared for everything"

"Well that will change...hold on"she said as she answered her ringing cell,"Yeah?...Oh!...that's whats up....alright...later..."she said and smiled when she hung up,"Hes got a lot of alcohol connects which is great, I wont have to spend anything on alcohol"

"Good, we'll need it"Kim said

"Stop being so uptight"Missy said,"Just come and have a good time, I mean you are always complainin' about how much you miss Adena and how your so worried about her and blah blah blah..."

Kim rolled her eyes,"I'll come...cuz I know I'm gonna have to pick up the pieces"

*

If a Capricorn suspects a friend of deception, he or she will start to suspect all friends

*

Adena sighed as she put the movie on pause once again as Craig snuck off to the next room to take another call. Its been this way for the past few days and she was starting to suspect. "He must have a girlfriend, its the only explanation"she mumbled to herself and she couldn't help but feel disappointed

"Sorry...had to take that"Craig said with a smile. Missy had some other people added to the list and his apartment was going to be packed that night. He couldn't wait to see Adena's reaction

"Its alright"she said with a sigh and pressed play. She couldn't stay mad for long because she was soon laughing again. "I never knew that a movie called 'The 40 Year Old Virgin' could be so funny"she said when the movie ended,"When I first heard about it, I thought it was going to be stupid" She was more into the documentaries, dramas and Oscar films.

"See? Don't judge a book by its cover. Or in this case, don't judge a movie by its title"he said as he got up and went into the kitchen and started cooking. That was their routine lately. They would watch a movie, he would test a 'new recipe' and then go to work at the club.

She turned on the tv and looked at the news and then she smelled something familiar and walked in the kitchen,"What are you making?"she asked him

"Four cheese lasagna"he said with a smile

"I love four cheese lasagna"she said,"Where are all these recipes coming from?"

"Oh you do? I didn't know that?"he said,"Oh I got it from a friend...."he said, then his phone rang again and he picked it up and walked out of the room. She sighed but she couldnt help but overhear:

"Yeah I'm making the four cheese like you suggested, its gonna be great, your gonna love it...."

Great.

"You coming to the club tonight?"he asked her as he checked the lasagna, it was coming along pretty well

"No, I think I'll stay in tonight"she said. For some reason she didn't want to be around him now. She felt a little awkward.

"You sure?"he asked, she nodded,"Ok...well I'm gonna take a shower..."he said with a frown and walked into his bedroom

Adena sighed and walked back and sat down on the couch and stared at the tv. It had to be. He's found someone new. Hes got some girlfriend now. Then she sighed again, it was going to be awkward staying here whenever he would bring her over. It was about time she found a new place anyway. She picked up the Village Voice and looked through the ads. She had to get out as soon as possible, she wasn't going to stay around while he cooked HER favorite meals and gave them to someone else!

Then his cell rang and she couldn't help but look at the caller ID. It read Missy....it couldn't be...not HER Missy. She checked the number and it was her, the number was exactly the same. Then a text was sent from her and Adena couldn't help but read it:

C u @ Fever

She couldn't help but cry. She didn't know why she was. But it made sense. Her suspicions were right. However, Craig and Missy were perfect for each other. They were both outgoing, loved comedies, parties, dancing, clubs, drinks, staying out late and waking up late. Why couldn't she have seen it coming? Now she regretted introducing him. She wanted to be the girl he cooked for. No...she couldn't feel that way... Shes getting a divorce....she didn't even have a home anymore...why was her life so complicated?!

*

Capricorns are shy, awkward with the opposite sex, and very much private people

*

Poor Adena, if she only knew..things are not what they always seem to be...

"So we're all set then...I think everything's done"Craig said to Missy

"Yep, I'll come by and decorate. Is your roommate gonna distract her?"Missy asked

"Yeah its gonna be perfect"Craig said as a guy came up to Missy and spanked her

"Hey"she said to him,"Craig this is Twan"the two guys nodded at each other,"I'll see ya tomorrow"she said as Twan started kissing her on her neck and then they walked onto the dance floor

Craig smiled and then continued to do his thing...but wishing that Adena was there...

Meanwhile....

"Sorry Ive just been worried about her you know? I just wanna see her once...cuz I know if that, that's all I'm gonna get"Taye said

Kim nodded,"I know I miss her too"

"Not as much as me. I mean we don't know when we will see her again. Her parents are worried but have given up trying to talk to her. Missy has been the only one that's been successful with contact"

"You have seen her Taye-"

"That didn't count, she was drunk...I'd rather forget that experience. I really want to know who shes staying with. I don't trust this guy"

"You haven't met him"

"I know, but shes still my wife"he said

Then Kim had an idea,"Ok...let me tell you something. Missy and Adena's new roommate, his name is Craig or something like that, are planning her a surprise party for her birthday"

"Are you serious?"he asked with a laugh,"Adena wont go for that"

"I know that's what I tried to tell her. So the party is going to be a disaster before it even starts...you should go if you want to see her. I think it will be good for the both of you, she needs to stop hiding, this is ridiculous"

"You think so?"he asked her

"Yeah. I'll be there, I'll have your back"Kim said. She had faith in Taye now. She knew that he wanted to work things out and that's exactly what Adena wanted. This needed to happen and fast and why not on her birthday? This mess needed to be cleaned up yesterday.

And then.....

Once Taye got off the phone with Kim, another call came through...it was Gladys.

"Have you heard from her?"Gladys asked him

"No not since the last time"he said,"However, some friends of hers are throwing her a surprise party. You two should stop by, she would love to see you"he suggested as the doorbell rang, he walked to the door and opened it without looking through the peephole. He didn't care who came in and out these days, since Adena left the place has been empty and to fill the void he has had many parties.

"Really?"Gladys said,"I'll make sure to tell her father. We will definitely be there. I need to see my baby. Ive been so worried"

"Me too. I'm sorry, I'm the one who has caused this-"

"Don't Taye-"

"But I want to make it better, I want to make things right with her, try again...here's the address"he said to her

"Thank you Taye. You are doing the right thing. You two need to talk and work things out, its the only way"she said. They said their goodbyes and hung up. He turned around and saw Felicia standing there

"Oh...hey"he said

"Hey"she said sarcastically

"Look we need to talk-"

"When were you going to tell me that you were going to leave me? For your boring ex wife no less?!"Felicia asked angrily

"Hey, shes still my wife"he said sternly,"Don't talk about her like that"

"I can say whatever I want to say"

"Look Fee Fee its been fun-"

"I cant believe this!"

"You knew this was wrong, did you actually think this was going to last?"he said

"YES! YOU SAID SO!"

"I never said that"he said,"You can let yourself out"he said as he walked into his bedroom and shut the door.

Felicia groaned out loud, she then saw the address labeled 'Adena's surprise party'. Wait...it was at Craig's place? How did Taye's boring ex know Craig? HER Craig?!

She left Taye's place and slammed the door,"When I meet this Adena bitch...I'll take her eyes out...she needs to stop messing with my men..."she said to herself

Uh oh.....

*

To Capricorn, love is the source of all inspiration

*
Chapter 14 by Butterfly
Author's Notes:

stories/537/images/adena2.jpgstories/537/images/craig2.jpgstories/537/images/missy2.jpgstories/537/images/ron2.jpgstories/537/images/taye4.jpgstories/537/images/kim2.jpgstories/537/images/felicia3.jpg

http://fictionalfantasies.webs.com

Capricorn as a Parent
* is strict but always fair
* takes parenthood seriously
* has an ironic sense of humor
* provides the very best for the children
* is tender and sensitive
* has difficulty relating to young children, but will find it easier as they get older
* will teach the children good manners
* provides plenty of educational stimulation

*

The big day finally came, but when Adena woke up, she felt like shit. All she could think about was what happened last year. She decided to sleep on the couch the night before and it was a good thing that she did because she heard Craig's new girlfriend call him every now and then. She slept in his bed most of the time but not anymore. She sighed as she got out of the pull out bed and rolled it back into the couch. She looked toward Craig's room and saw that he was gone. Where was he? The apartment was quiet, Ron was probably out too.

She turned on the weather channel and saw that it was going to be 20 degrees today and sunny, no clouds. Her mood wasn't the same way however. She turned to the news and saw that the big story was the upcoming election and the current fear of a recession in the economy. She sighed. The stocks felt the same way she did, like they needed a big something to make them better. And again- all she could think about, when it came to feeling better, was what happened last year...this time....

*Flashback
January 16th, 2007

"Adena? Adena?"was the sound she heard that pulled her out of a dream. She looked up and saw Taye smiling down at her,"Morning beautiful"

"Morning"she said and yawned,"Oh I need to brush"she said as she covered her mouth quickly

Taye laughed,"Don't worry about it. You know what today is right?"he asked her

She laughed,"Of course I know what today is-"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"he shouted as he picked up a breakfast tray from off the floor. It had coffee, the morning paper, a red rose and a plate full of blueberry waffles.

"Oh Taye, you didn't have to-"

"Of course I had to. No, I wanted to, I'm your fiance"he said as he kissed her,"Get used to it, this is the first of many kick ass birthdays"

"Yo...Adena?...Earth to Adena?"was the sound she heard that pulled her out of her flashback. She looked up and saw Ron. He smiled,"Happy birthday girl"

"Thanks"she said simply

"Your welcome, get dressed"Ron said to her

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me, get dressed. Craig was tied with some other things, but wanted you to have fun. Hes gonna be meeting us back here later"

"Oh whats he doing?"Adena asked

"Hell if I know. He said something about meeting someone and....I dunno I wasn't paying attention"Ron said, he kept forgetting that he wasn't a good liar so he decided to tell half truths. He was meeting someone, that fine best friend of hers. His job was to get her out of the apartment. "Now get in the shower, I'm gonna take you to breakfast-"

"Ron you don't have to, you don't have to baby sit me for Craig-"

"I'm not babysitting you Adena. Besides we haven't hung out at all since you crashed the place"he said

"Oh well...I cant eat breakfast just yet, I have an appointment"

"Ok we can go after"he said,"I'll be waiting out here. Don't take too long"he said

Adena walked into Craig's empty room and longed for him to be there. Making her breakfast in bed... She got in the shower and got lost in her memories again....

*Flashback

"Oh really? A first of many?"she asked him

"Yeah, when your turning 83, you'll be getting the same thing"Taye said

"Sounds lovely"she said as she started to eat. She ate her waffles and looked through the paper and did the crossword puzzle and read the headlines. Stock market was at an all time high, some Barack Obama guy was gaining a lot of attention as the black democratic candidate for president. It would be awesome if he won, she thought. She finished and set the tray aside and got out of bed.

"What are you doing?"Taye asked as he ran to her

"I'm walking-"

"No your not!"he said as he picked her up,"I just swiffered this entire apartment and you haven't bathed, no dirty feet on my hardwood floors"

She laughed with delight,"You swiffered? The whole apartment? Whats wrong with you?"

"Its your birthday! That's whats wrong!"he said as they laughed and he carried her into the bathroom. She gasped when she saw a bath already made with her favorite pina colada bubble bath, candles surrounded their old fashioned claw footed tub and some old school r&b was playing.

"Taye...."

"I know I didn't have to"he said as he set her down and slowly started taking off her clothes,"But I want to"he said and kissed her gently on the lips

"Yo! Adena! You alright in there!?"Ron asked as he banged on the bathroom door.

"Ugh....yeah. I'm fine!"Adena said startled. Then realized she had been washing the same spot for awhile.

"You've been in there for almost a half hour"he said

"Oh shit"she said to herself as she turned off the water,"Thank you!"she said. She got out the shower, brushed her teeth and brushed her hair and picked out something business casual for her appointment. She wore a black pants suit with a gray glittery top and black boots.

"Oooh, you look all professional"Ron said with a smile as she finally emerged,he sniffed,"Is that pina coloda?"he asked her

*

Capricorns of both sexes find it hard to replace their partner and will tend to draw within themselves

*

"So...where are we going?"Ron asked her. He was supposed to be the one surprising her and taking her around, not vice versa.

"I have some appointments with some apartments. Just to look at them. Its a gift for myself"

"Your finding a new place?"Ron asked her, shocked. This was totally different than the conversation he had with Craig that morning.

*Flashback
Earlier that day, 10:38 am

"You what?"Ron asked Craig

"You think that's too fast?"Craig asked him

"Hell yeah its too fast! Its also wrong!"

"How is it wrong?"

"Because this isn't the Craig that I know! What happened to the Craig that would trip on double stacks of X and take strippers home?"Ron asked

"That's not me anymore. Come on, I'm 25 now. That's all out of my system. I gotta grow up. Please tell me you don't do that...well the X I mean"he said,he knew Ron still saw strippers or any random girl.

"So growing up means asking a girl to move in after knowing her for a little over one week?"Ron asked,"Have you two been fucking? Is it that good?"

"NO!"Craig said and then quickly shut up.Adena was still asleep."It was just a hypothetical question. I was thinking about asking her, yes. Shes been going through a lot and feels she has no one to turn to. I wanna be the person who she can turn to"

"She doesn't have to live here to turn to you. There's phones, text messaging, IM's, she can come over anytime"

"You know what I mean"

"No I don't"Ron said,"Craig, you cant be this Captain Save-A-Hoe character ok?"

"Adena is not a hoe"

"I'm not calling her one but you have the save-a-hoe syndrome. Adena has other friends that she can turn to, you don't have to do everything for her. You don't have to be the one that saves the day and gets her into bed. I mean is that what this is all about?"

"Its not like that"Craig groaned,"I shouldn't have asked you, of course you wouldn't understand. But are you going to take her out though? I made a list of stuff she likes, just keep her out of the apartment until 8, can you do that?"

"Museums?"Ron asked,"I haven't been to one since the 6th grade!"

"Its only one day Ron it wont kill you"Craig said

"Why are you finding a new place?"Ron asked Adena

"Because I cant mooch off of the two of you forever"she said as they walked in,"Its been fun Ron really and I thank you. I know it was an inconvenience, especially for you, since you barely know me. But I had a life before this. A job, a husband..."

"But things have changed. We aren't kicking you out you know. I mean, did Craig say something to scare you off?"he asked. Maybe Craig did ask her to move in and scared her, if he were her, he would be.

"No...."she lied. She knew deep inside that she would have stayed if this new girlfriend of his didn't show up. Ron saw that she was lying, something happened. But decided not to press further. The surprise party would turn everything around, girls loved surprises.

They looked at two apartment complexes and both were very nice. He even found one that he liked. Once he wasn't an intern at the hospital, he would be getting mad paper. Then he could have the ultimate bachelor pad. "These places are expensive..compared to our place. Now I know why you wanna leave"

"Its not like that"Adena said sincerely and he knew it. So that wasn't it then...

"What do you do for a living?"he asked her. They probably talked about it before but he couldn't remember.

"I'm an art dealer at Donatella's Gallery. You heard of her?"

"Versace's daughter has a gallery?"he asked. He knew about Versace since one of his last girlfriends was an aspiring model.

"No its another one. But this Donatella is very talented at art, not fashion"she said

"So what do you do?"he asked her

"I sell her art. Help run her gallery. I get salary and commission for every painting sold. Set up shows and things like that"she said, she started to miss it.

"Did you get fired?"

"No...Donatella heard about our separation the day after and said don''t come back until everything's resolved. She didn't want a heartbroken art dealer making her look bad"

"That sucks...but at least you get to go back"he said. She nodded,"I say you should take this one"he said

She shrugged as she took a picture of the view with her camera phone. "I'm gonna think about it. I say we should get some breakfast before my next appointment"

"Good!"he said, he was starving."Wait another one?"

"Got a full schedule"she said,"You don't mind?"

"Naw"he said with a shrug. He could be with his girl right now, but then he could be in a boring museum, so this was better than nothing.

They headed outside and the lady from the rental office suggested a restaurant across the street. She said they had the best bagels in town but every bagel place in New York said that. It was right next to a Party City store and she stopped when she saw Craig and Missy playing with some party favors. They were having a great time. Great....she wanted to cry.

*

Capricorns are not very good judges of character

*

Ron could sense that something was wrong with Adena, but he couldn't ask her because he probably couldn't help her. He just prayed that the surprise party would fix everything, but why did he have a bad feeling about it?

He wasn't alone. Kim had the same feeling, she felt bad as she walked around Craig's apartment. It was decked out with decorations, homemade food, alcohol and he set up a small DJ system as well. This party was going to be a waste once she gets here,she said with a sigh. "This is Kim, Adena's 2nd best friend"Missy said introducing Craig to her.

"2nd best?"she asked and laughed,"Nice to finally meet you Craig"she said to him

"Thank you for coming"Craig said excitedly to her. Then the doorbell rang and a few more people came in,an older couple came in which surprised him but he didn't have time to ask, Ron just sent a text message that they were minutes away."Attention everyone! The birthday girl is a block away so get your noise makers and find a hiding spot"he said as a man with a bald head walked in,"What's up, the birthday girl is on her way"he said hurriedly and rushed to get everything ready.

Taye frowned."That must be him"he said jealously as he put his jacket in a bedroom with all the others. He saw Adena's parents and made his way over to them,"I'm glad you two made it"

"Us too. Who's the host?"Gladys asked, while her husband looked very grim with his sharp, penetrating eyes.

"That light skinned guy running around like a chicken with his head cut off"he said nastily.

"Oh I wonder how she knows him"she said

"ATTENTION EVERYONE, SHES IN THE ELEVATOR AS WE SPEAK"the light skinned guy said as he turned off the music and turned off the lights

Missy and Kim gasped, they just noticed who came in.

"What the fuck is Taye doing here!?"Missy said

"What the hell are her parents doing here?"Kim said at the same time.

Then everything went in slow motion. The door opened, they all heard a voice, they saw a silhouette of a tall and lanky guy and Adena, the lights came on, people jumped out of their hiding spots and shouted surprise, confetti was thrown, everyone applauded, Adena looked shocked, then scared, then angry and then stomped toward a bedroom and shut the door.

"Fuck. I knew this was going to happen"Kim said

"Of course it would! Her fucking cheating ex is here! He ruined everything!"Missy said,"How did he find out!?"

"I told him-"

"WHAT!?"

"I figured the best present would be for them to patch things up-"

"KIM! YOU RUINED EVERYTHING! HE'S THE LAST PERSON SHE WANTS TO SEE!"Missy yelled at her over the music, which was very loud. "I'm gonna see if shes ok"she said as Kim started to go with her,"You stay here, you did enough damage"

"You did enough damage Missy"Kim said to her,"You knew Adena didn't like surprise parties!"

"She doesn't?"Craig asked as he walked up to her,he looked at Missy,"Why? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I thought she would be over it"

"That's why she looked at me like she wanted to kill me!"Craig said,"I gotta talk to her"he said as he went toward his bedroom. Missy following him.

"I knew this would happen"Rick said as he stood next to Gladys,"We should go to her. She needs to speak with us anyway, this silent treatment has gone on far enough"he said as he walked toward the bedroom that Adena disappeared into. Taye followed with his bouquet of flowers.

Meanwhile...behind closed doors...

"Missy, you knew I hated surprise parties!"Adena yelled at her,"Especially if my ex husband and my parents are here!"

"I didn't invite them. Kim invited Taye....I don't know who told your parents"Missy said

"Where's Kim, get her in here"Adena said as she blew her nose,"This is the worst day ever"

Missy opened the door to find Kim, Craig, Taye, Mr and Mrs. Capricorn. "She wants Kim"she said as she pulled her in and shut the door.Kim ran to Adena and hugged her but Adena pushed her away.

"How could you bring him here? This was the only place where I could get away from all of you and you find a way to ruin it!"

"Grow up Adena!"Kim shouted back at her,"Do you know how worried we all have been? You cant ever run away from your problems! You know this! You had to face all of us one of these days! I'm sorry! Taye has been calling me non stop about how he still loves you, how he wants to get back together, isn't that what you wanted? Or have you changed into a child now?"

"I don't need to hear this"Adena said as she picked up her purse. She still had her jacket on.

"That's right, run away again! Run Adena, but where the fuck are you going to go?"

"Adena come on, Craig and I spent a lot of money on this party, don't waste it"Missy said

"Well get a refund and plan your fucking wedding together!"Adena said angrily and then opened the door and ran out

"Wait...what?"then Missy figured it out,"Adena!"she shouted after her,"it aint even like that!"she sighed,"She likes him. She's jealous"

Mr. and Mrs. Capricorn, Taye and Craig didn't notice Adena run out of the bedroom and out the front door. Some of the partiers didn't notice. "Don't bother, shes on her disappearing spree again, she doesn't want to be found"Kim said sadly to them. But Craig wasn't having it and he left and went after her as Taye and her parents questioned Kim.

Missy went over to the alcohol and made herself a concoction and then downed all of it almost. She was gonna need a drink. All the money she spent on this party, wasted.

"Hey slow down babe, whats the rush?"someone asked her. She turned and saw the tall and lanky guy that Adena came in with, must be Craig's roommate.

"This party is over. The birthday girl is crying and having a fucking hissy fit"

"Hey, its her party and she can cry if she wants to"he said,"Doesn't mean the party is over though"he said as he downed another beer."I own this place, so I have the right to kick everyone out. Your not going nowhere"

"Fine I wont"Missy said with a smile

"I'm a doctor you know"he said with a smile. Missy smiled as well and her eyes sparkled with the images of dollar signs dancing in her head.

*

Capricorns are not jealous people; nor are the quarrelsome, unless someone is trying to give them orders

*

"Adena! Wait!"Craig said as he grabbed her arm before she got into the elevator. "Whats wrong? Where are you going?"

"Away! From you!"she said,"I cant believe you going behind my back about this!"

"Its a surprise party! That's how it works!"

"Well I don't like surprises!"

"I know that now! But I didn't know that"he said to her. "I'm not going to apologize for the fact that I went out of my way to do something for you! That's what Ive been doing! Ive been hiding you away from all your friends, taking you out, trying to cheer you up. All day, every day I'm worried about whether your ok or whether you are gonna get sick and have a nervous breakdown. I wanted you to have the best birthday, something that could help forget last year. Obviously that's fucked up but I did it. All for you. And no thank you at all. What is up Adena, this aint like you"

"You don't even know what I'm like, obviously!"she yelled back at him,"You didn't know that I liked surprise parties and the fact that maybe inviting my ex husband would make it worse"

"What?"Craig asked and then, speaking of the devil.

"Adena, we need to talk, this has gone on far enough"Taye said as he walked up to them

"Your Taye?"Craig asked

"Yeah and your-"

"THERE YOU ARE, YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKERS!"a girl said as she came out of the elevator."You two are gonna listen to me, and your gonna listen now! You have to choose between me and that bitch Adena!"

"Excuse me!"Adena said angrily,"I'm Adena, who the hell are you?"she said as Craig attempted to hold her back

The woman looked at her, startled that THE Adena was standing there, then she gave an evil smirk,"Im Craig's girlfriend....and Taye's too"she said

*

Typical Capricorns do not have casual affairs

*
Chapter 15 by Butterfly
Author's Notes:
stories/537/images/adena2.jpgstories/537/images/craig2.jpgstories/537/images/felicia3.jpgstories/537/images/taye4.jpgstories/537/images/kim2.jpg
Capricorn Male- Behavior and Personality Traits
* is dignified in his manner and very polite
* seems unapproachable and self-protective
* is totally reliable in pursuit of an aim
* takes his time sizing up other people before he will relax enough to share his inner warmth
* seeks honor but is not interested in becoming famous; on the contrary, he avoids publicity
* has strong opinions but is not at all vain

*

"THERE YOU ARE, YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKERS!"a girl said as she came out of the elevator."You two are gonna listen to me, and your gonna listen now! You have to choose between me and that bitch Adena!"

"Excuse me!"Adena said angrily,"I'm Adena, who the hell are you?"she said as Craig attempted to hold her back

The woman looked at her, startled that THE Adena was standing there, then she gave an evil smirk,"I'm Craig's girlfriend....and Taye's too"she said

Adena stared at her with a hateful look,"Your the lipstick bitch?"she said and then jumped toward her and Craig held her back. Taye stared at Adena with shock, Adena never fought in her life!

"Yeah girl, we are both gettin' played!"she said

"Felicia, shut the hell up. Adena, she is not my girlfriend"Craig said to her as he held her back but she struggled out of his grasp. "She left me for Taye actually, he's the guy she's been seeing for the past few months. So I broke it off with her, she just believes we are together when Taye doesn't give her the time of day"

"Craig, you still love me. You know you do. You too Taye. We need to settle this once and for all. Do you want me or her!?"Felicia yelled, she looked at Taye,"You promised me that once your divorce was final we would start a life together but now you wanna go crawling back to her? And what happened to all those I miss you messages Craig? You left me one last week. Don't tell me your feelings have changed!?"

"YES!"Craig said,"I moved on and you obviously have too! With a married man!"he said as he looked at Taye. He bit down on his lip so he wouldn't say anything else that he would later regret. For the first time in his life, he wanted to hit this girl. He wanted to beat Taye's ass for hurting Adena. How did Felicia get in on this? It was a small fucking world.

"Fine fuck you Craig. Taye you need to own up to your shit alright? You cheated on your wife with me and you promised you would let me move in! Don't give me this I changed my mind shit! You told me you didn't love her anymore, so why crawl back to her? Why? Cuz you still ain't got a job?"

Before Taye could even think about it, Adena slapped Felicia across the face. Felicia fell back, stunned. "I barely even know you. But I know you will be the one person that I will hate for the rest of my life. You ruined a marriage, like it wasn't an unbreakable bond that two people had made. You ruined it, like....it was something easily broken and no one cared about! I put my heart, soul, time, and strength into this marriage and YOU fucked it up! You officially ruined my life...you too Taye. I never want to see any of you again"she said as she started to cry and went toward the back door and went down the stairs. Craig following her.

Taye couldn't say anything, he just stood there in shock. He looked at Felicia,"Is this what you wanted? I hope your happy"

"You need to make a choice. You cant string the two of us along! Its not my fault, your in this shit too!"Felicia shouted at him as Rick and Gladys Capricorn came up to them.

"Where's our daughter?"Rick asked

"She left. It's best that we leave her alone"Taye said,"I'm sorry. You two didn't get one word in to your daughter-"

"Its unfortunate"Rick said as he sized up Felicia. Who was she? And why was she staring at Taye like that. Then he instantly knew. "We're leaving Gladys"

"But-"

"We're leaving. Adena can keep running. Taye can keep acting like a child. But we are not going to get caught up in this. Adena knows that she will need to turn to us and we will wait for as long as it takes"he said harshly to his wife. He looked at Taye,"I have a feeling its over between you two. Get those divorce papers drawn up as soon as possible or I will do it myself"he said sternly and then looked at Felicia,"This mess you got my daughter in has gone on long enough and I will not tolerate it"he said and then walked off. Gladys obediently following him.

*

Capricorn siblings or spouses should remember never to try to make the other one conform to his or her ideas of how things should be done

*

"Adena please, don't run, please don't run away from me"Craig said as he followed Adena to the back parking lot where her car was parked."Lets talk about this"

"There's nothing to talk about"Adena said as she struggled to find her keys in her purse,"I will come back for my things when I have time"

"Dena, don't leave....where are you going to go?"

"It doesn't matter-"

"IT DOES MATTER! YOU MATTER TO ME ADENA! PLEASE!"Craig shouted at her

"Look Craig, did you expect this to last forever or something? That I would seek solace in your apartment for the rest of my life? Not have a job and just club all night and sleep in the next day? No I need to make something of myself. I'm not going to sit back and not get my life back together. I need to get my job back, my life back-"

"You can but you can't keep running"Craig said saying each word slowly and carefully

"I have to leave, this situation hasn't made me better, at anything"

"Oh thanks"Craig scoffed,"I'm sorry but this time last week, you were some drunk, snotty nosed girl who thought she lost her job, who was too drunk and passed out to drive home. This time last week you were some insecure girl who couldn't take care of herself, didn't know what to do about anything, couldn't make a decision for herself or face anyone. This time last week you turned to a complete stranger and that was me Adena! God forbid...I mean who fucking knows where you would be if I wasn't there-"

"Ok! ALRIGHT!"she shouted at him,"THANK YOU CRAIG FOR BEING A SUPERMAN, THANK YOU CRAIG FOR SAVING MY LIFE! IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT?"

"You know that's not what I want. I want you to stay and talk to me. Don't run. I don't think of myself as superman-"

"You do. You came to my rescue and I'm thankful for that, I am. But you cant keep saving me. You barely know me. I barely know you. I mean you throw me this surprise party to help me forget last year but I will never forget last year Craig, because I'm not ready. Everything is going too fast and I cant do it anymore. I cant hold on to you and be dependent on you. Because that brought out feelings Craig. Feelings that I know that you cant return"

"Feelings? Adena....if you feel something for me, don't deny it, lets talk-"

"NO!"

"WHY!?"

"Because I'm married, because you barely know me and me the same with you, you've been out with my best friend, you have slept with strippers-"

"What?"he asked

"Ron told me how you used to be, how he missed the 'old Craig'. Do you still do that? I mean, once I leave you can go back to your old tricks..or back to that Felicia person-"

"Stop it. I'm not that person anymore. I haven't been for quite sometime now. I have no feelings for Missy either. We have been planning this surprise party and that's it"

"The bottom line is I'm not ready. Your not ready. We don't know each other"

"Then lets get to know each other! Adena, I feel like I do know you. I know that you love blueberry waffles, pina coloda baths, Denzel Washington movies and Tony Blackwell paintings. I know that your passion is to have a family and be one of the biggest dealers in the world and have every Blackwell painting in your penthouse loft. Your anal and you can be really rude and barely smile and your a neat freak and you have a slight OCD problem that gets on my nerves. You sometimes drool when you sleep, you bite your lip and cry when your nervous. You tend to run away from anything that makes you uncomfortable. You are hard working, organized to the T, loyal, respectful, faithful, fearless, realistic, but your egotistical, unforgiving, your way is always best, you can really hurt people and find a way to hurt someone's feelings intentionally, critical, a fucking perfectionist that hates surprises....if I don't know you...."he said and took a breath,"I spent this whole week getting to know you because I'm interested in you Adena, yes. I want to be around you and learn more about you. I want to see you smile and laugh. I'm sorry again about this party and everything that went with it. I just wanted to make you happy and maybe it was unrealistic to think that I could make you forget last year...but its the thought that counts right? Ive been obsessed with this birthday thing because of my own personal experiences...."he said and decided to stop talking.

Adena stared at him with tears in her eyes, he described her to the T and it scared her. How could he know so much about her? But she didn't know anything about him? "I have to go"she said as she opened her door. "This is best for us"

Craig shook his head,"Yeah alright.....'your way is always best' Adena"he said. He stood there as she got in her car and then sped off. Feeling less of a man.

*

Capricorns' quiet, unflappable natures are perfect for serious work under pressure

*

1 week later....

Adena stayed in a hotel for a few days. She never left or called anyone. And surprisingly no one called her- which was hard for all of them, but everyone knew that she wouldn't speak til she felt it was the best time for them to speak to her and they had to respect that. For those few days she soaked in her pina colada baths, read 4 novels, did every crossword puzzle in the paper, knitted a few pairs of gloves, hats and scarves, ordered room and a masseuse service and decided on which apartment she wanted. She then called, they checked her perfect credit and she paid the deposit and every other fee. Now she was standing in her empty apartment with the key in her hand and smiled. She went straight to the window and looked at the view. It was a view of the Hudson and in the distance she could see the Statue of Liberty and she could see every huge skyscaper in Manhattan. She ordered all her furniture online and the movers were moving in everything. By the end of the night, everything was moved in and Adena smiled as she made her queen sized bed. She ordered 3 satin and chenille bedding sets from Victoria's Secret in navy blue, raisin and black. She smiled as she properly placed the throw pillows down and then jumped into bed and smiled happily. She ordered in Chinese and made her list of things to do for the next day.

The next day, she stocked her apartment with groceries and random knick knacks that would make it her own. Then she went to Donatella's gallery.

"You look well"Donatella said as they walked into her office and she sat behind her desk,"How have you been Adena? Its been 2 weeks"

"Yes it has. Ive officially moved out of the apartment, I have my own place and Ive used those days off that you gave me to just relax. I am officially stress free and I would like to come back"

Donatella looked at her with surprise,"Are you sure that 2 weeks is enough time? Is everything finalized already?"

"2 weeks is more than enough time for me to be myself again. Honestly, everything is not finalized as far as the divorce, its going to take some time, but in the meantime, I want to come back and do what I do best"she said

Donatella smiled,"Well I personally think that you need more time. But you look much better, I'm loving this new outfit you have"

Adena laughed,"I had to splurge Donatella"

"Oh I know"Donatella said with a smile,"Ok well starting tomorrow your back. I cant plan my annual Valentines Day showing without you, you know"she said

Adena smiled and hugged her,"Thank you Dona"she said and then gave her a red pair of gloves, hat and scarf. "This is for you. This is what 2 weeks off does to me"she said with a laugh

The next day, she worked and from then on she worked hard. She didn't mind doing overtime because the Valentine's Show was a huge event. It also took her mind off of other things, and people, such as Craig. She did miss him terribly. But she wasn't sure how to get into contact with him and was afraid that she wasn't ready. But she wasn't sure if she ever would be.

*

Capricorns are jewelers, funeral directors, art dealers, anthropologists, and managers of musicians and other entertainers

*

Kim walked out of the office and out onto the sidewalks of Manhattan, she walked at a fast pace as if in a race with everyone else on the sidewalks at rush hour. She heard a voice behind her and turned to see Taye. "Taye? How are you?"she asked him as she gave him a friendly hug.

"I'm alright. I had a late interview and I know that you work on this side of town so I figured I tried to catch you"Taye said with a smile

"That's great, you think it went well?"she asked him

"I think so"he said,"Did you want to get some dinner or something? I haven't seen you since....well you know"he said, referring to Adena's disastrous surprise party.

"Yeah I know"she said with a nod. She missed Adena and so did he, but there was nothing they could do. They all knew that. "Sure, there's this new soul food type of place that just opened. Its one block down"she suggested. And they did so, they had a long conversation over some steak, mashed potatoes and red wine. They talked about the divorce, how her job was going, how his job search was going and any random topics. They took the subway together and he walked her to her place and then took a cab home.

Soon it developed into a pattern and they met a few times a week and soon it was an everyday thing. "Did you want to come in?"she asked Taye as he walked her to her door.

"Sure, thanks"he said as he walked in. "I cant wait til it gets warmer"he said

"Oh me too"she said,"You want something to drink? Something that can warm you up?"she asked him

"Got some Pinot Grigio?"he asked her. She nodded and she poured them some glasses and they sat on her sofa and talked for hours. Then there came a point in the conversation when they didn't say a word and they sipped on their wine. "I think I will be ok"he said with a nod

"What do you mean?"

"I mean without Adena. Is it bad to say that I'm used to not seeing her, not obsessed with where she is at all times. Shes said she didn't want to see me ever again. She kept her word. Ive come to terms with it. The divorce is going well, shes cooperating. Ive been sending everything that she needed to sign to her job and she gets back to me by signature. She doesn't even want anything, money, her possessions. Is it bad to say that I feel refreshed? I'm anxious about this new start that I have"

"Its not bad"Kim said,"You both have been hurting. You both have moved on"

"Yeah and Felicia finally got the hint. I saw her at the bar with another guy. She'll be fine I'm sure"he said as he drank the last of his wine. "I'm glad I can talk to you Kim. I'm glad your not like Adena and Missy and think that I'm the scum of the earth"

"Your not and they don't think like that"

"Your too nice"he said with a laugh

"You should do something for yourself. I have a patient who got dumped and its been affecting him mentally. He cant sleep. He gets sick when he eats. But whenever he goes bungee jumping, he can get a good nights rest and eat like a pig"

"So you want me to bungee jump?"he asked with a laugh

"Well if you want to. He feels that jumping off a bridge helps him let go of everything. Maybe you should do something outrageous"she said

"I'm not into bungee jumping or rock climbing or anything crazy"he said with a laugh as he noticed the bottle of wine was finished,"We are such alcoholics"he said with a laugh, feeling very relaxed as he laid back

"But it warmed you up didn't it?"Kim asked with a laugh as she laid back on the couch and her head almost hit his

"Hey watch it you drunk"he said with a laugh and Kim laughed too but she didn't move away and they stared at each other for a second.

"Adena was a fool to leave you, after everything you tried to do to make it work"she said honestly

Taye looked at her, surprised,"You think so? Your not on her side?"

"Its hard to be on her side when shes being very ungrateful"she said,"Shes basically cut me off"she said sadly as she laid her head on his shoulder,"I'm glad your happy, your better off honestly"

"I'm loving your honesty. Tell me more"he said jokingly

But she took it seriously,"I like your bald head and your white teeth"she said

"Thanks, I have a great barber and dentist"he said with a laugh

"I love talking to you too"she said. Then she did something that she wanted to do for days. Even years, when Adena introduced them back in college. She kissed him and he didn't hesitate to give it back....

*

The person who partners Capricorn can expect stability, security, and success

*
Chapter 16 by Butterfly
Author's Notes:

stories/537/images/adena2.jpgstories/537/images/craig2.jpgstories/537/images/ron2.jpgstories/537/images/missy2.jpg

http://fictionalfantasies.webs.com

Capricorn as Employer
A typical Capricorn boss (male or female):
* does not neglect family life for business, and family members may visit him or her at work
* is kind but expects obedience to the rules
* has a strong sense of duty and works very hard
* is not a good mixer, but others trust him or her
* does not give perks but responds when people are in need
* takes responsibilities very seriously, and so may neglect personal needs
* dresses conservatively and is well organized
* can keep complex operations moving smoothly

*

Adena walked into her apartment and went straight to the bathroom and ran a bath. Work was exhausting today, with Valentine's Day only a week away. It seemed that they weren't any closer to being done. Donatella was feeling the pressure and was being a real bitch but Adena kept her cool, unlike Lloyd who cried like a baby. But he was really sensitive anyway. She stripped down as the water ran and she poured the pina colada bath bubbles in. She put her hair up and soon she was in the bath, resting, for once. She didn't move or wash anything, she just laid there, enjoying the hot water on her aching joints. But then she started to think about things besides work, things that she forced herself not to think about. The divorce....Taye....that bitch Felicia....Craig....how he described her to a T that night in the parking lot....all their good times together....watching movies, clubbing, drinking, not having a care in the world. But it was over now...she was back to dealing art and being serious about life. Those two weeks off made her very rusty and she had to work her ass off. But she missed Craig....a lot....what was he doing now? Was he at the club? Did he find a good day job yet? She dried her hand off with a towel and reached for her cell phone and looked for Craig's cell number. She was about to press call...when something stopped her. What was she going to say? Then she saw 'Home' in her phonebook and sighed. Enough was enough.

"Hello? Mom.....hi....its me......"she laughed,"I know you know who it is...I just felt like I had to say that. How are you? I'm fine....no really I am....its just things happened so quickly you know....is that Dad? Put him on speaker....Hey Dad. I'm ok....no really. I wanted to check in. Finally. I'm fine Dad really. Um now that I got you both on here...and sorry for calling so late but....I'm sorry. What I did was unfair but that was the only thing that I came up with to solve it and it went from there. I wasn't mad that you were at the party, just didn't expect one and didn't expect you all to know. I'm just so sorry. I love you both so much....please forgive me"she said to her parents.

For the next two hours, they all got caught up and a small part of her felt like the old Adena, once again.

*

They generally make good bankers, systems analysts, accountants, researchers, dentists, architects, engineers, manufacturers, and politicians

*

Craig sighed as he placed the flowers on top of the grave. It was accompanied by many others, by other members of his family. He wiped the tears as he traced his fingers along the etchings in the headstone.

Amanda Evette David
February 1st, 1997- September 21, 2005
Beloved daughter, sister, cousin, friend, classmate
"I wanna fly with the angels one day"

He smiled as he read the last line. Once Amanda had learned about angels in church she wanted to be one too. She was more fascinated in the wings, halo and flying more than anything. Now she actually was...but it wasn't fair, not yet. She was too young.

"Hey 'Manda"he said,"Today would be your 11th birthday...ugh...its funny....but Ive been thinking about you a lot lately. I actually met a girl, a friend....a few weeks ago reminded me of you. I don't know it was something about her. She kinda looked like you....I'm sorry but I try not to think about you. Because its hard and your supposed to be here. You had your whole life ahead of you....but you really wanted to fly with those angels didn't you? I just miss you little sis. I wish I could throw you another surprise party because I know how much you loved them. I'm more of a birthday guy now too. Yeah, can you believe it? You made me realize that life is very short...and you should be thankful for everyday because in an instant....you get my point. I love you Baby Girl. I promise I will come by more often. It's just been hard. I love you"he said and he got up in a hurry and walked out of the cemetery. It was always hard visiting but he never would forgive himself if he never went.

He walked into his apartment and he heard loud moans coming from Ron's bedroom. He went straight to his room and closed and locked the door. He found his Ipod and turned the music up to the highest volume and tuned them out.

*

Capricorns prefer to work in private

*

Missy laid next to Ron breathlessly, she couldn't count how many times she orgasmed, how many times she felt like she couldn't take it and then the many times when she didn't care and just fucked the shit out of him. She was loving every minute of it. Ron lit a cigarette and opened the window and lit one for her too. "Thanks"she said,"I'm glad your 48 hour shift is over. That's too long to go without it"

"Really? Only 48 hours? Try 48 seconds"he said with a laugh. They talked for a little while but then she got to touching him again and they did it all over again, this time standing up. "Damn girl, your gonna make me marry you"

"Go ahead, your a doctor"she said

"I love your honesty"he said, and he really did. She wasn't fake. He knew the appeal was that he was a doctor...well almost. He was an intern but same thing. They walked into the kitchen and Craig was in the kitchen making some food. "Oh that shit smells good, you got any for us?"

"Sure"Craig said sadly and then took his plate into his room and shut the door.

"Whats wrong with him?"Missy asked him."Do you think its Adena?"

Ron shook his head as he made himself a plate,"Surprisingly, no...its something else"he said. He felt like a fuck head. He totally forgot that today was Craig's little sister's birthday...or would have been. Craig rarely got that depressed. He only got depressed on her birthday and the anniversary of her death. He still blamed himself....

Craig ate the food in his room as he listened to his Ipod, he checked his email and noticed a message from one of the restaurants he applied to. Another surprise that he did for Adena. He wanted to show her that he was serious about a job in the culinary arts, that he took her ideas seriously. So he went ahead and applied to some very high class restaurants. Its been weeks however, and he thought that it was a joke. But the email said that they wanted to interview him. He smiled for the first time that day.

*

Any occupation that requires good organization and smart management, but which does not require the Capricorn to be the front person

*

"Shit......shit! What the fuck are we going to do?"Donatella yelled at the both of them. Lloyd just looked at her clueless, tears forming in his eyes. The Valentine's Day show was days away and one of the artists just dropped out because they made the decision to finally go to rehab for their heroin addiction. Adena admired the fact that he did, he needed to do it a long time ago but Donatella felt differently. She wished he would have waited to get his life together after Valentines Day.

"There are many other artists in New York City Dona, hell, you know many in Miami, Chicago, LA....all you have to do is pick up the phone. Its not the end of the world"she said rationally

"I cant deal with this. I have a showing to open. I have no time to be calling and auditioning artists. This was very irresponsible of him. To be honest, his work is going to suffer greatly"she said as she lit a cigarette and inhaled. "His work is so much better when he had that shit in his system. It will never be the same"

"Well if you cant deal, then we can just use the artists that we have-"

"No, we need a replacement. Find one. Now"she barked at the both of them and then waved them out of the office.

"Shit..."Lloyd said to himself

"Lloyd look up all of her artists. The best ones, I'll make the phone calls"she said to him. And she did, but many of them thought she was crazy, they couldn't produce work in a few days. Some said that they may have some artwork that was appropriate and would call her back. She was in the office for hours. Two days went by and no word from anyone and then finally someone called with some work.

They sent Donatella the prints and she frowned but shrugged. "That will have to do"

Adena had to reprint the publicity with the new artists' work added and emailed it to everyone on their mailing list and she hung it up all over town.

Soon it was the big day. Adena cleaned up the gallery, made sure that the artwork was hung correctly, that the catered food would arrive on time and was the correct amount and had the correct products.

"The catering company's here"Lloyd said nervously

"Thank God"she said as she went over to the door as a team of cooks walked in bringing in tables and pans of prepared food,"Right on time!"she said happily to the group,"You can all set up everything over here and if you need anything just let me know-"she said and stopped short when she saw Craig amongst the team of cooks. And for once, in the weeks that she has been back at work, she was speechless.

*

They are also to be found on radio and television interview programs; their quiet, unflappable natures are perfect for serious work under pressure.

*
Chapter 17 by Butterfly
Author's Notes:

stories/537/images/adena2.jpgstories/537/images/craig2.jpg

http://fictionalfantasies.webs.com

Typical Behavior and Abilities
A typical Capricorn at work:
* works hard and for long hours
* likes to have some home comforts in the workplace so he or she can change and go on to another appointment, or stay all night if necessary

*

Craig felt overjoyed when he saw Adena. It was his first day on the job outside of training and it was very last minute. One of the cooks were sick and his manager called him. He was always singing his praises and felt he had talent. He was glad. But now he felt like a fool wearing his chef's coat, plaid pants and cooks hat. He thought about if he saw Adena again, that he would wear something different. But she looked like the way he pictured her. She looked happy too. She was wearing a red sweater dress that had a turtleneck and no sleeves, it had little red sparkles on it too. She had on red heels and her hair was straight but it looked a little more fuller and was curly at the end. He didn't know how to really describe it but she looked beautiful. The rest of his team went to work and he smiled at her,"Hey Adena, your looking good"he said to her

Adena smiled at him. She vowed to herself that if she ever saw Craig again, she would blow him off because she just wasn't ready to talk yet. But now that he was standing in front of her, in all his fine glory, she couldn't do it. She really had missed him. "Hey yourself"she finally said,"Thanks...you too. I love your hat"she said and laughed

"Thanks...its all the rage now"he said,"How have you been?"

"Good....I'm...good"she said, still speechless

"Well that's good....that your good"he said with a smile. He was about to ask her something else when his boss whispered a command in his ear and walked off. "Oh ugh...gotta go....I'll talk to you later?"he asked her

She nodded,"Of course"she said to him

But they didn't talk for awhile. He was busy cooking, serving and attending to the food. She was busy attending to the guests, artists and Donatella. The night was a success. Some paintings were sold after only the first hour. A lot of art critics came which made Donatella go into a drinking frenzy, but surprisingly she behaved herself. Last year she ended up throwing a drink in a critics face when he commented on one of her favorite artists.

When she had a break, she got a glass of wine and walked around and looked at the paintings. She never got to really study them, she was so busy. She looked at Rockie Steel's collection. He was the new artist added only a week ago. His theme was Love Stinks. She stared at a picture of a broken heart. It was really moving and very....red.

"Love stinks"she heard him say and she smiled as she turned to him. He handed her a plate with some four cheese lasagna on it.

"Thank you"she said,"Oooh this is lovely"

"Thanks....made it myself"he said shyly

"Oh look at you"she said with a smile,"That's great"she said and then chewed and continued to look at the picture with him,"So you think so?"

"Huh?"

"Love stinks?"

"Yeah. Haven't been lucky with it lately. And its Valentine's Day and I'm stuck at work here with plaid pants that are a size too small"he said with a laugh

Adena laughed,"So you feel that your stuck here?"she asked him, pretending to be offended

"At first, but then I saw you"he said,"What do you think? Does love stink?"he asked her

She nodded. Her divorce would be final soon. And she could remember what happened last Valentine's Day. But she tried to block those memories out of her mind. "But hopefully it will get better"she said

"Who is this painter?"he asked as they looked at the rest of Rockie Steel's love stinks collection

"Rockie Steel. He's from California. He's new and very good but can be too raw sometimes"she said as she couldn't look at the photos of a heart bleeding on a operating table, but surprisingly someone had bought it too.

"I like it. It's different. Everyone else is very....mushy"he said and then stopped at a painting of two girls kissing. "Whoa....I'm liking that"he said

"I bet"she said with a laugh,"That's Kathy LeVeau's collection. She's a active lesbian and very passionate about her sexual preference...as you can see"she said since all her paintings and photos involved women. She looked around and saw her making out with someone."There she is"

"With the mohawk?"Craig asked. Adena nodded,"Well...if I had $600 I would hang this up"he said

"Someone beat you to it"she said, proud to see that it was sold as well. They commented on more paintings and then they were both reminded that they were at work. Both got pulled away from the other at various points of the evening. The night ended up being a success.

"We'll see what the critics reveal in the morning"Donatella said as she downed another glass of champagne. She grabbed a bottle of the table and went to her office,"The night went well. I'm retiring to my office now"she said as she went upstairs to her office. She usually drank all night and slept in her office and then read the reviews as they hit the newsstands hours later. Then she would drink some more no matter what the review was. Lloyd, Adena and some others cleaned up the gallery and Craig and his team cleaned up their food items and loaded them onto the truck. He came up to her as she was waving bye to Lloyd.

"Hey congrats on a good night"

"Thanks, you too"she said

"You...ugh....doing anything right now?"he asked her

"No...."she said as she looked at her watch. It was 2 am.

"Its too late isn't it?"he asked her

"No....my apartment is down the street actually, did you wanna come?"she asked and she surprised herself. She wasn't supposed to invite him but something inside her did.

"Sure, it's new?"he asked her. She nodded. She locked up and they left and he hailed a taxi. Once there, she automatically turned on the fireplace and put her purse on the table and hung up her coat. "Wow, this is nice"he said as he walked around the living room,"Awesome view"he said,"Much better than my place"he said

"Thanks"she said,"I love it too. But your place is just as nice"

"I think I'm gonna catch the flu and crash here"he said and laughed.

"Very funny"she said as she hung up his jacket. "Did you want anything?"she asked him

"Where's your bathroom?"he asked her,"I wanna change"he said as he held up a duffel bag

"Yeah, down there, 2nd door on the left"she said. As he went to the bathroom she went into the kitchen and made them some coffee. He came back with a sweater and jeans. "You look like yourself now"she said as she handed him the coffee

"Thanks"he said as he took the mug and smiled. They sat down on her sofa and stared at the view and caught up. She told him about what she did after she left, her job, and how the divorce was going. He told her about his new job and Fever and anything else that seemed important. "I'm glad that your happy now. You are aren't you?"he asked her

"I think so. Or at least content"she said,"But that's better than what I was"she said and then she grabbed his hand,"I'm sorry

"For what?"

"For....everything. The last time I saw you....we were arguing in the parking lot"

"That night was rough Adena, I understand. You got a surprise party you didn't want. And then Taye and Felicia...."he stopped,"It was a bad day for you and I'm sorry"

"But it was the thought that counted. And I didn't even thank you for it"

"I don't want you to thank me for it....it was terrible"he said,"I was never a birthday person either. But things changed....."he trailed off. She waited for him to say more. "Remember how I told you that you reminded me of my little sisters?"he asked her

She nodded,"Yeah"

"You do. I don't know why. I have two...well had two. One's living with my father in London. The other, is no longer here"

"I'm sorry"Adena said as she squeezed his hand.

"Her name was Amanda. She died 2 1/2 years ago. In a car accident"he said,"She was a joy. She was only 8 then....she was my little angel. She loved birthdays. I gave her two surprise parties.....she made me see that birthdays are very special. Its not about cake and presents. It was a celebration of life. Her birthday would have been 2 weeks ago. After her death, I don't know...Ive been a birthday fanatic. I think that's why I was so adamant on making you forget your birthday last year, forget the memories and just have you celebrate"

Adena nodded,"I'm so sorry Craig. I didn't know..."

"I'm not blaming you"he said sadly as tears came to his eyes,"It's my fault"

"No it's not"she said

"No it is. We went to Long Island, to the beach. I had promised her for weeks and something always came up. Finally we were able. I didn't notice that she didn't have her seatbelt on, she must have taken it off while I was driving, it had started to rain hard and we left early. I was driving...we got in an accident...she didn't survive..."he said and started to cry

"Oh no Craig"she said as she hugged him close,"Its not your fault"

"I could have prevented it"he said as he stood up and wiped his tears, pacing angrily. "This car came out of nowhere...I was in shock for a few seconds...I couldn't do a thing and I swerved out of the way, but it was too late, the car hit her side.....if I had done something in those few seconds...."

"Craig, stop it. Its not your fault"Adena said sternly as she walked up to him and hugged him."Its not your fault. You tried your best....you tried your best"she said calmly to him. She was crying herself. They stood there in an embrace for awhile and then he pulled away.

"I'm sorry. I think I snuck a little too much champagne"he said. "And your coffee is making me emotional"he said

"You needed to talk about it obviously. You've kept it bottled up?"she asked him. He nodded. He told Ron about it but not all the details that he had told her. He had told no one. He kinda felt better, but he missed her. "Do you want something to eat?"she asked him. He nodded. She made them sandwiches and he helped her. He told her about Amanda and all the cute things she did. They were very close.

"I wish I had siblings. I'm an only child"she said

"Have you talked to your parents?"he asked her

"Yeah, a week ago or so. We had a coming to Jesus I guess. I apologized about what had happened"she said. She smiled at him,"My mother said thank you"

"To me? For what?"

"For taking care of me. For throwing me a party and everything. She said that she could tell that you just wanted to make me happy"she admitted.

"Tell her your welcome"he said. Adena took a hold of his hand.

"Thank you"

"Don't mention it"he said. They sat there in silence. "I missed you Adena"

"I missed you. I'm sorry. I....wanted to call so many times but I didn't know what to say"

"Its fine. We are talking now. We've been talking a lot, we have learned some things about each other yes?"he asked her. She nodded. "Is this the last time I'm gonna see you? Are you going to run away again?"

"No Craig....at least not from you"she said

"Good"he said,"Missy misses you. She and Ron are fucking now"

"Oh God"Adena said with a laugh,"But their perfect for each other....I miss her too. And Kim. I need to call them but..."

"You don't know what to say?"he asked her. She nodded,"It will come"he said,"Missy basically lives with us now so...if you come over, she'll be there"

Adena laughed,"She replaced me huh?"

"Yeah and she makes such a mess"he said with a laugh

Adena laughed,"I actually thought that you liked her. I thought you two were dating but you were just planning my surprise party"

Craig laughed,"Yeah that's it. She isn't my type. Anyways, I like someone else"he said

"Really?"she asked him and he nodded.

"Can I kiss you?"he asked her. "Since I like you and all"he said to her. She nodded. She was scared but ready. She had really missed him and thought about their first kiss all the time. Now they were doing their second. It was short, sweet and to the point. He didn't want to go too far. But he wanted to get his point across that he wanted to see more of her. He wanted to be with her but would wait until she was ready. They smooched every now and then and talked and watched the sunrise. They soon fell asleep on her couch, holding hands.

*

Famous Capricorn: Muhammad Ali (Boxer)

*

After that, Adena and Craig spent a lot of time together. They both had busy schedules but they found time to fit each other in, even if Craig delivered a recipe that he wanted her to try when he brought her lunch to her office some afternoons. He would accompany her to other art galleries for Donatella. They would chill at her place more often but they would also go to his place. Adena ran into Missy there and they made up.

Missy and Ron were doing well too, which surprised Ron and Craig since Ron never had a relationship that lasted more than 2 weeks. Missy was the girl for him. The four of them sometimes went out together.

But what about Kim and Taye? They were doing just fine....

Kim and Taye were watching the movie "Ali" starring Will Smith. Taye took Kim's advice about doing something wild. He decided to take a kick boxing class. She even joined them and it helped them both immensely.

They watched the movie and then he had to pause it when his phone rang. "Hello?"he asked. The caller ID on his house phone was broken.

"Taye? It's me, Al"his lawyer said,"Well this is it"

"Really?"Taye asked surprisingly

"Yep, its all finished. She signed the last piece of paperwork and I got the final verdict. You're officially single. Officially divorced"he said."How do you feel?"

"Perfect, surprisingly"he said as he looked at Kim. She looked at him with a weird look. They chatted for a few more minutes and then he hung up.

"What's up?"she asked him

"I'm officially divorced. Everything's done and settled"

Mixed emotions went through Kim. She was happy because she really liked Taye as more than a friend and she knew how much it meant to him to get everything done and over with. But Adena was still her best friend, even though she never talked to her anymore. But she couldn't help but hate her for that. But at the same time, she knew how much the divorce meant to her. How she didn't want it at first and then did, and then didn't again and then back to wanting it. She wondered how she felt. "That's great"she finally said.

"I want to celebrate"he said as he turned off the tv

"Celebrate?"Kim asked

"Lets go out"he said as he took her hand and led her out the door.

*

The person who contemplates becoming the marriage or business partner of a typical Capricorn must realize that Capricorn will take over the organization of the partner's working life

*

"Eeeew"Adena said,"Its disgusting"she said as she gave the spoon back to him

"Are you serious?"Craig asked her,"That's the customers favorite sauce"

"Well I don't like it. I'm glad someone does. But I don't"she said

"You suck"he said to her

"I'm sorry, I'm being honest"she said to him and then her cell rang. She held up one finger and looked at it. It was her lawyer. She sighed, great what did she have to sign now? "Hello Mr. Thomas"

"Hello Ms. Capricorn, how are you?"he asked her formally. She didn't like it when he called her Adena. He wasn't her friend, he was helping her to get a divorce, something she never had wanted.

"I'm actually in the middle of getting dinner. Is there anything I can do for you?"she asked him frankly

"I apologize Ms. Capricorn, but I have some news. Some news that I think you would want to hear"he said to her as a waiter came up to the table

"Hold on"she said to him."Tell them to take it back"she said to Craig. He rolled his eyes and the waiter took the plate away. She looked at the menu,"I'm back, what news?"she asked him

"I sent in the last piece of paperwork. Everything's finalized Ms. Capricorn. Its...over."

"Really?"she asked him

"Yes it is. Now I want to apologize. I know how you felt about all this. Divorce is hard and sadly half of couples go through it. But there's someone out there for you. You will find someone and get over this"he said kindly

"Ugh...thanks Mr. Thomas for letting me know. I'll call you back, thanks for calling"she said in a hurry and then hung up

"Are you ok?"Craig asked her. She has been irritable lately and blatantly honest and rude and she looked pale.

"I'm single"she said quietly

"Oh....wait...its over. Everything's final?"he asked her. She nodded. "Congratulations"

"Thanks"she said sarcastically

"Well I'm sorry Adena, but I'm just being honest"he said quoting her. "Now you can move on, I know your upset, and I'm here for you ok? But its over now, you can forget about him"he said. Now she looked green,"Are you ok?"he asked her

"Oh God"she said and then picked up the ice bucket that once held the champagne and threw up in it.

*

Worry, heavy responsibilities, gloomy moods, and general pessimism tend to take their toll on Capricornean health

*

"I'll wait out here"Craig said to her. Adena gave him a kiss and walked to the back room with the nurse. She waited for the doctor and she began to worry. She's been sick for awhile now. She couldn't keep anything down, always throwing up. Her head always hurt, she was irritable, she couldn't concentrate, her body was sore. Was she dying? Was there a disease in the family that her parents never told her about? Did she have cancer? She started to cry as she sat there waiting for the doctor. She wanted to know now. She had taken some tests and the results were in.

Finally the doctor came in, after she waited for 45 minutes,"Finally"

"Hello Ms. Capricorn"the doctor said, ignoring her comment,"You feeling any better?"

"No, I won't until you tell me what it is"she said frankly

He smiled,"Well there's no need to worry. No diseases. You are expecting Ms. Capricorn, you are pregnant"he said to her

Adena stared at him,"What?"

"Your pregnant Adena, you are about 7 weeks along. You are expecting your first child"he said with a smile, but she started to cry. "Um...would you like me to get your boyfriend for you?"

"He's not my boyfriend"she corrected him. Craig really wanted to be but she wasn't ready. She liked the way things were. But he wouldn't want her now. She was pregnant.

"Ok....would you like to see him-?"

"No, just leave me alone, please"she said. He nodded and left.

How the hell was she pregnant? She and Craig hadn't taken that step yet. They almost did many times but she always stopped herself. But she couldn't get pregnant from the things that they did. Has she even had sex at all this year? She just got a divorce. It was just finalized. Before that, she and Taye fought more than they made love. She couldn't remember the last time they had sex. 7 weeks? How? Then it hit her. She was really drunk one night, she drank a whole bottle of wine by herself waiting up for him while he was probably out with that Felicia tramp. She remembered passing out and then Taye waking her and then....

*Flashback*

"Sorry"he said quickly.But surprisingly she didn't look mad.She somehow looked different.

"You're back"she said with a smile on her face and then sat up until she was standing on her knees.She pulled his face to hers and kissed him passionately.He hesitated for a half a second and then moaned into the kiss.What has gotten into her?

"Whats gotten into you?"he asked her as he pulled away.He tasted wine on her lips but she couldn't have had that much....?

"Actually nothing and actually you haven't gotten into me lately.I miss you"she said as she started to unbutton his shirt and kissed him on the neck,"When was the last time we made love?"

"I don't know...but I'm guessing that's gonna change isn't it?"he asked her.Why didn't she always act like this?This was fucking sexy!He let her take his shirt and wifebeater off and she started to undo his belt.She let his pants slip to the floor."Your turn"he said as he pulled her into a hug as he held her with one hand,the other hand expertly unzipped the back of her dress and he pulled it up over her head.She wasn't wearing a bra but she was wearing a black lacy thong....and heels.Perfect.

He laid down on top of her and started to kiss her,as he did that,he reached into the drawer for condoms.She stopped him,"You don't need those.We need to make love for real"she said as she threw the condom on the floor and wrapped her legs around his waist,"I'm sorry for everything....now I'm gonna make it up to you"she said

He kissed her,even though he didn't know what she was apologizing for.He was just really happy...and hard about this.He kissed her passionately and then moved down to her neck, chest, stomach, belly button and then slipped off her thong, still leaving her heels on.

*End Flashback*

Adena wanted to cry. She was pregnant and it couldn't have come at a worse time. She wanted kids, lots of them but not now. She was still trying to get her life back together, she wanted to be with Craig but was too scared. She was very busy with the gallery. She just got her divorced finalized. It hasn't even been a week since she got the call from Mr. Thomas and now she was pregnant.....with Taye's child

*

Capricorn as a Parent- has difficulty relating to young children, but will find it easier as they get older

*
Chapter 18 by Butterfly
Author's Notes:

stories/537/images/adena2.jpgstories/537/images/craig2.jpg

stories/537/images/kim2.jpgstories/537/images/taye4.jpg

stories/537/images/missy2.jpgstories/537/images/ron2.jpg

http://fictionalfantasies.webs.com

Typical Behavior and Abilities
When at home, a Capricorn man or woman:
* really enjoys providing for the family and having visits from relatives
* likes having a routine and an organized household
* wants quality furniture and fixtures
* is basically loyal to home and family
* needs home as a safe haven for personal pleasure and business entertaining

*

Adena didn't know what to do and she sat there and cried. She then got herself together and went back out to Craig. "So, what is it? Are you alright babe?"he asked as he gave her a hug. She didn't look too good and he didn't know if it was because the news was bad or she just still felt sick.

She wanted to tell him, but then something told her no. Not yet. "The results aren't in, it was complicated, they had to take more complicated tests..."

"Oh I'm sorry, I know how you hate blood tests. You should have called me back there-"

"I'm fine, I just need to lay down"she said to him and he took her home. He helped her to lay down and made her some soup and a sandwich but she didn't want to eat. She was having a baby. There was a small, living and breathing body living inside of her. The thought made her sick, but excited. She always wanted to have Taye's children. But it came at the worst of times. Great, now she was going to be alone and a single mother. Why would Craig want to be around Taye's child? He despised the man and would probably despise his seed. She laid there and rubbed her tummy when Craig came in with some tea.

"Do you think that you can keep tea down?"he asked her, she still didn't look good

"I'm scared"she said

"But its liquid. If you throw up, it wont hurt but you need your strength. I'm tempted to call Ron"Craig said as he gave her the mug.

"Why? Why would you need to call Ron?"

"He's the only doctor I trust"Craig said,"He knows what he's talking about. He can help out. Lemme call him, Missy will be with him probably. You can have some company and a check up"

"No, I don't want to see anybody else. Those are good doctors. They just...cant find it"

"Well maybe you need another opinion"Craig disagreed

"I don't need another opinion. I don't want Ron poking me and giving me a blood test in my bedroom"she snapped. She sighed,"I think I just need to be alone, ok? I'll call you. I need rest"she said. Craig nodded and kissed her on her forehead and then her lips.

"You'll call me right?"he asked her

"Yes...."she said. He wasn't convinced but he said goodbye to her and left. Adena sat there and thought about it. She could just get rid of it. Did she want a reminder of Taye to be running around? Would she have time to take care of a child while she dealt art? After the Valentine's Day show, Donatella's gallery got busier. There was even an offer to get her a bigger gallery. Donatella would want her full cooperation and attention, she couldn't be as big as a house while she did that. Yeah, maybe she should get rid of it. She'll make the arrangements when she had the strength. She then closed her eyes and went to sleep.

*

Their resistance to disease improves with age.

*

Adena sighed as she was led into a room. The nurse had her sit on a table, she saw the stirrups that she would have to put her feet in. She saw the utensils. She wanted to throw up but sat on the table and waited for the doctor.

The door then opened and a girl came in wearing a bathing suit and carrying balloons. "Hi Adena"the child said

"Are you my doctor?"Adena asked her

"Oh! Ive always wanted to be a doctor!"the girl said with a giggle."What are you doing here?"

"Its hard to explain"

"Are you sick?"

"I'm pregnant, to some people its the same thing"

"That's great! A little you. Ive always wanted to be a mother"the girl said with a giggle,"I want to have lots of kids"

"Me too....well I did"

"Why not?"the girl asked her as she put up the balloons but kept her attention on her

"This couldn't come at a worst time"

"Babies are perfect. They only come when your ready. So your ready"the child said wisely

"No its not perfect. I'm....I'm divorced now and this is my ex husband's child. It's his. I hate him and never want to see him again. This child is his and I don't want a reminder of that relationship"Adena said adamantly

"I need more blue balloons"the child said

"Are you listening to me?"she asked her

"Uh huh"the child said,"Babies are innocent. Why are you mad at it? Why do you hate it?"

"I don't hate the child"

"What are you doing here?"the child asked again as more children came in the room

"Get out, tell them to get out"she said to the girl as the children began to run around and play

"Not yet, we are having a surprise party for your baby"she said,"Ive always loved surprise parties when Craig threw them for me"

"Amanda?"Adena asked

"What?"she asked her

"Your....Amanda?"she asked her and then all the children started to sing happy birthday and then Adena woke up in a cold sweat.

*

Famous Capricorns: Saint Joan of Arc (French Heroine)

*

Adena cried after the dream. What the hell was that? What the hell was wrong with her subconscious? Was she going crazy now? She sat there and cried. She couldn't kill the baby. But why did she have a dream about Craig's little sister? It seemed so real. Amanda said that babies were perfect and innocent and they only come when your ready for them. Adena had been for a long time but the divorce changed everything. Then it hit her, she had to tell him. She got out of bed and took a shower and threw on some clothes. She drove to Taye's apartment, hoping he still lived there but doubted that he moved. She took the elevator up to the apartment and when she turned to the right to go to the door. She saw the door was open and three guys were standing in front of it drinking beer and laughing. There was loud music coming from inside. Did Taye still party?

"Hey you here for the party?"one of the guys asked her. She never met them before, must be new friends of his. They didn't seem to recognize her either.

"Yeah....what's it for?"she asked them

"Oh, Taye's celebrating his new job and ugh a divorce or something"

"He's celebrating a divorce?"she asked in shock

"Yeah supposedly the girl was a bitch"he said,"Never get married"he said to her and the guys nodded in agreement. She wanted to slap all of them.

"Is he here?"she asked. The guy nodded his head inside and she walked in. There was a lot of people and she asked one of them where he was. They pointed down the hall to the bedroom, the light was on, door open. Could she really talk to him now? Yes, she had to, this was important and unfortunately it couldn't wait.

She approached the bedroom. The bedroom. Her old bedroom. Their old bedroom. This was the room where this baby was made. Perfect place to tell him about it. She walked in and gasped.

There was Taye laying on the bed with Kim, her best friend on top of him, making out. Taye noticed her and jumped up,"Oh shit. Adena? What? What are you doing here?"he asked her in shock, not expecting to see her. After all, she did say she never wanted to see him again. "Adena?"he asked but she was staring at Kim, with hate. "Adena..."

"Wow, you must be really happy"Adena said with a smile. "Things must be going great for you"she said as she looked at Taye. Something about her smile was scary and there was something about her that wasn't quite right. What was wrong with her? "They say that your celebrating a new job and a divorce because supposedly I was a real bitch. And now you have a new one. You always surprise me with these girls Taye. Where do you pick them up from?"

"Adena, you know he didn't pick me up from anywhere"Kim said."Adena, I know how this looks. How it could look. But lets all sit down and talk about this. It wasn't planned, it just happened"

"Yeah my divorce just happened and you just happened to fall on top of him on our- sorry, his bed?"

"Look Adena, we need to talk"Kim said rationally, but she saw what Taye saw, something wasn't right with her. Something was wrong."Lets sit down and talk about this, you two never had closure and I think you need it more than anybody"

"You need to get your ass kicked more than anybody!"Adena shouted at her. "YOUR MY BEST FRIEND KIM!? OUR DIVORCE HASN'T EVEN BEEN FINAL FOR A WEEK AND YOUR ALREADY FUCKING MY EX HUSBAND?!"she yelled at her,"YOU TWO DON'T WASTE ANYTIME DO YOU? DOES THE WORD 'REBOUND' MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU? DOES THE PHRASE 'TAKE THINGS SLOW' MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU? YOU COULDN'T WAIT TO GET ME OUT OF THE PICTURE COULDN'T YOU?"she shouted at them

"Adena, please lets be calm about this-"

"I CAN'T BE CALM ABOUT THIS! I NEED TO SPEAK WITH TAYE RIGHT NOW! ITS IMPORTANT"

"What you can say to me, you can say in front of Kim"Taye said firmly to her.

Adena looked at Taye,"Fine"she said with a smirk."I'm pregnant and its yours"she said. Taye and Kim stared at her with shock and then what shocked them even more was that Adena fell to the floor.

*

Sensitivity to other people's feelings and an understanding of other people's difficulties should be taught in practical situations -- but without emotional pressure.

*

Taye and Kim took Adena to the Manhattan hospital. Oddly enough, Ron attended to her and he wondered why Adena was with Taye in the first place. Craig mentioned that she was sick in bed at her place and he was worried. He felt that she was mad at him and didn't know why. But there was nothing wrong with her. But she was pregnant. Taye explained that Adena didn't look right to him, that something was wrong. But nothing was. She was pregnant and exhausted and shocked by the whole situation. She fainted under the pressure. She hit her head when she fell but she was fine.

Craig rushed in with Missy and he was surprised to see Taye there, holding Kim's hand. She quickly dropped his hand. "Is she alright?"Craig asked Ron

"She's fine, she's exhausted and....pregnant"Ron said

"With what?"Missy asked in shock

"With a baby Miss"Kim said with a shake of her hand,"She claims its Taye's"

"It cant be mine"Taye said as he looked at Craig,"Its his"

"Unfortunately not, I have no substantial proof that the child is mine"Craig said in shock,"Unless I'm Joseph and she's Mary"he said. He and Adena haven't gone that far yet.

"Would you mind taking a test Mr. Haughton?"Ron asked Taye. "She is very adamant that it's yours. I believe her but I guess we need to run some tests"

"Sure"Taye said,"I'll be back. Don't worry"he said to Kim as he held her hand

Missy gasped,"Fuck!"she said,"Your fucking Taye!?"

Kim looked embarrassed,"I wouldn't call it fucking Missy-"

"Ohmyfuckinggod! How could you do this? To your best friend!? You know how much she loved him, how this whole divorce shit was hurting her-"

"No I didn't, she kicked me out of her life. I haven't spoken to her since she yelled at me at her surprise party. I don't know what she thinks anymore"

"So that's an excuse to sleep with her ex?"

"That wasn't the reason Missy, we are together because we have feelings for each other. It just happened. I don't have to explain myself"

"Oh yes the fuck you do"Missy said angrily and Craig stopped her.

"Does she know?"he asked her

Kim nodded,"Something wasn't right. Taye threw a party today because he got a new job. I don't know if Adena heard about it or what. She caught Taye and I kissing...she blew up at us, told Taye she was pregnant and that its his and fainted. Now shes here"

"Your such a fucking bitch"Missy said to her

"I don't have to listen to this. You can take her side, whatever, but don't call me names Missy"

"Of course I'm gonna take her side, that's what best friends do. Best friends don't get revenge on their friends by fucking their ex husbands a week after the divorce is final"Missy said to her,"Just because its final on paper, doesn't mean its final to her. But you didn't think about that did you?"

Kim only looked at the floor as Ron approached them,"Where's Taye?"

"Room 312-B"he said and she walked off. He looked at Craig,"Dude, I'm sorry I thought you knew-"

"Can we see her?"Craig asked

"No you go ahead"Missy said,"I need a black"she said as she got a black and mild out of her purse and walked off. Kim really pissed her off.

"Yeah, right there"Ron said as he pointed to the door to Adena's room. Adena was laying there, crying softly. She looked up at Craig and started to cry more.

"I'm so sorry Craig...."she said as she cried. He walked up to her and held her. Not sure about what was in store for them now

*

Capricorns also need to be taught how to express their own very sensitive inner emotions in ways that will not cause them embarrassment

*
Chapter 19 by Butterfly
Author's Notes:

stories/537/images/adena2.jpgstories/537/images/craig2.jpg

http://fictionalfantasies.webs.com

Working Environment:
The workplace of a typical Capricorn man or woman:
* must be comfortable, like a home away from home
* must be tidy and well organized
* should have a framed photo of the family on the desk
* must not have money wasted on it unnecessarily

*

"I don't know what to do"Adena said,"I cant....get rid of it. But I'm not with him...."

"I know..."Craig said,"You are just gonna do what you have to do. He doesn't think its his"

"He said that?"

He nodded,"He said its not his, said it was mine. But we both know that couldn't happen"he said,"Ron's gonna do a blood test"

"He doesn't need a test! Its his! Unlike him, he's the only one I slept with, I stayed faithful"

"Calm down Adena. I know its....unfortunate..."

"You believe me don't you? I mean I wish it wasn't his. But he had a right to know"

"I believe you. I just cant believe that you didn't tell me. Why did you lie?"

"I dunno....do you even want to be with me anymore?"

"I'm not with you Adena. We aren't together officially"he said

"I know but....we....we are closer than friends.....but now with this baby....you probably don't want to...."she tried to say but couldn't get the words out

"Adena"he said as he took her hand,"Baby or no baby. My feelings are the same. I want to be with you, but you aren't ready and I'll wait. I wanna help you through this. I don't want this to change what we have....unless you feel its best....the ball is in your court"he said

"I want you around....I need you...."Adena admitted and Craig kissed her

"Is that officially?"he asked her

Adena smiled. Why not? Craig has been there when no one else was. She genuinely liked him and loved him as a person. "Yeah....we're official"she said

*

A typical Capricorn likes to be doing something, even when relaxing

*

The results came out positive but Taye seemed like he didn't want to believe it. After the visit to the hospital, he decided to stay out of the situation. Adena seemed happy with her DJ boyfriend and he was happy with Kim. They didn't need her. The divorce was final anyway, he had nothing to give her anymore and what was the point? She wanted nothing from him. So he blocked it out of his mind. Pretended that it didn't happen. Kim always wanted to ask what he was feeling, why he was bottling it up inside. But he always snapped at her or changed the subject.

Adena told her parents and they were happy but worried about the position this put her in now. They were also very upset that Taye didn't step up at least but the whole situation was complicated. Adena and Craig visited them a few times and her mother loved Craig. Her father didn't, he was another man to him and he didn't want Adena hurt again. But he put on fake smiles and carried on in the conversation when he needed to but when he wasn't, he was sizing Craig up. It made him uncomfortable.

"Your old man hates me"Craig admitted to her as they got into his car and drove back toward the city.

"No he doesn't. He's just worried about me. Its only March and the first 3 months of this year he had to suffer through me getting a divorce, disappearing and not speaking to him and now I'm pregnant with Taye's baby. He's worried about me, I am too"

"What are you worried about?"

"I'm scared"she said as she touched her belly,"Ive worked hard to keep this belly flat"

"I know, I love it"he said and he kissed her hand as they drove,"But that pregnant belly is gonna look fine on you too"

"No I'm gonna have a fat ass"she said,"Mom says it will show in three months. I'm already at two months"she said,"I'm gonna have to tell Donatella...."she said and then shook her head,"No I don't have to tell her"

"Why wouldn't you tell her?"

"What if she lets me go?"

"She wont"

"Shes done it before"

"Well shes gonna have to give you maternity leave"

"No I mean....Donatella....shes weird. I have a feeling that having a woman the size of a house selling artwork will turn her off. I mean me going through a divorce was a turn off and she demanded that I take time off"

"Having a baby is different than getting a divorce"

"If it has a chance of ruining Donatella's image, business, whatever....its the same thing"she said,"I'm not going to tell her yet. Not yet"

"Ok suit yourself"he said as they merged onto the Long Island Expressway and he got silent. He always did when he drove along the expressway because on this very expressway was where the accident was 2 1/2 years ago. Adena held his hand as they drove, a little tighter. Once they got to her apartment, he was still silent.

"You alright?"she asked him.

He only nodded,"Maybe I should go. I'm tired"

"No your not. Stay"she said as she took his hand and led him to her bedroom. She laid down and he laid next to her,"You cant run away from me. I'm the runner in this relationship"she said and he laughed, for the first time in hours

"Is that so?"he asked her as he held her close to him,"Don't even try to run now"he said as he kissed on her neck

"And if I do?"she asked him but couldn't help but let out a moan, his kisses felt so good

"You wont"he said and he kissed her lips and she happily accepted. Soon their tongues and hands were everywhere, it was getting heated. He took off her blouse and then he stopped and sighed,"Sorry"he said, knowing she wasn't ready. He smiled, god he wanted her. "I just cant help myself"he said as he traced his finger down her belly, sending shivers up her spine.

"I cant help myself either"she said,"But why not....help ourselves?"she asked him. He gave her a questioning look. She sat up and took off her pants and threw them to the side, she was only wearing a purple bra and matching cheekies

Craig stared at her beautiful body. "You serious?"he asked her. She nodded. "Your sure?" She nodded again. "Your ready?"

"Yes damn it!"she said as she pulled him on top of her,"Help yourself"she said as she kissed him passionately.

And so he did. He started to kiss down her neck and took off her bra and massaged her breasts and licked and sucked her supple nipples. Adena moaned and arched her back as he did so, his tongue doing wonders that she had never felt before. He could feel her shaking with anticipation and that was his cue to show her another talent. He kissed down her stomach and slowly removed her purple satin panties. He took off his shirt and wifebeater and she stared at his marvelous chest. She opened the drawer on her nightstand and took out a condom.

"Wait"he said and started to kiss up and down each thigh and then slowly he went closer and closer until he was kissing another set of lips. Adena gasped as she felt his tongue deep inside her and moaned out loud as he licked and played with her clit. She clutched the bedsheets and her whole body shook as she had orgasm after orgasm.

She was quite wet when she basically screamed,"Oh Craig I want you"she pleaded to him and he stopped. He smiled at her and wiped his mouth as he took off his pants and boxers and put the condom on and applied some lube. "Come on"she said impatiently. She usually wasn't this impatient but something made her want him more and she couldn't help herself. She's never been this horny before and no one has ever gone down on her like that. It was a whole other experience.

He smiled and got on top of her and slowly slid himself inside of her. She gasped at how huge he was and how small she was. "You ok?"he asked her. She was so tight. Pretty tight for someone who wasn't a virgin but that was alright with him, it felt so good. She nodded and he continued to slowly thrust in and out of her, she surprised him by gyrating on him and soon they were going at a faster speed. Soon she was shouting, moaning and he was too as she had multiple orgasms and got wetter and wetter every time she came. Craig moaned with every thrust, starting to sweat, and loving the fact that her beautiful body was glistening too. She came again and it felt so good and he could feel himself wanting to. She clung to him, legs wrapped around his torso, fingernails digging into his back. He moaned louder and thrust in and out of her faster as he felt himself getting harder. He was almost there, he heard her moan, felt her getting wetter and then he exploded and she did right after,"Oh shit!"he said as he collapsed on top of her,"Shit....."he said as they held each other, bodies sweaty, breathing heavy. "Damn baby, you were worth the wait"

"You too. Your....oh your so good"she said. They laid there for awhile, listening to each other breathe. Then when they had the strength to move, he flushed the condom and they cleaned themselves up and then laid together, bodies intertwined and they soon fell asleep.

*

Capricorns know by instinct when they have found the right partner for this immensely important ritual

*

Craig and Adena couldn't be happier. After their first time, they had sex whenever they could. Craig taught her things that she never discovered about herself and he enjoyed the ride as well. He barely went to his apartment anymore and Ron didn't mind. That allowed him and Missy to be as loud and crazy as they wanted to be. Missy and Ron were going through a type of dominatrix phase right now, all over the apartment. Adena let Craig share her closet and soon he had his own wardrobe set up in there, he even had his own toothbrush, bathrobe and toiletries in the bathroom as well as snacks in the fridge that Adena didn't like to eat, which meant more for him. They were very happy.

However, her mother was right. At around 3 months, she gained about 7, 8 pounds. She started to buy clothes that were a little more loose fitting. Luckily, Donatella didn't notice.

At 4 months, Adena looked at blueprints. She was living in a one bedroom apartment but loved it too much to give it up. So she wanted to add on another bedroom. The blueprints were finalized and the apartment approved it since there was no one living next to her.

At 5 months, Adena and Missy were shopping non stop for everything baby. Baby books, cribs, clothes, diapers and toiletries, toys, etc. They bonded on these trips.

"Two way radio?"Missy asked. "Unless you aren't a heavy sleeper"she asked as she looked at the box

"Throw it in"Adena said,"You can never be too careful"she said. They also bought a baby seat that they can put in the tub so they can wash the baby in it. "I think we are done for today"

"You sure you don't wanna know what the sex is?"Missy asked her

"No I actually want to be surprised"Adena said

"Wow, Adena wants to be surprised? What's gotten into you?"she asked her,"Next thing you know, your gonna want a surprise party"

"Harty har har"Adena said sarcastically,"I want the delivery to be special. I feel that it wont be as special if I know what the sex is. Besides I have a lot of unisex colors and I keep every receipt"she said

"What do you want it to be?"Missy asked her as they left the store and walked to Adena's car

"I.....do want a girl...."she said

"Aw...yeah a girl would be nice. She can be just like you"Missy said,"Where to now?"

"I want some chocolate"Adena said and Missy laughed as they got in the car. They went to her apartment and her freezer was packed with different types of ice cream. They both got huge bowls of ice cream and sat down in the living room and watched tv. Missy noticed something peeking out from under the rug and picked it up. It was a lacy pink thong!

"Girl! You two are freaks!!"she said with a laugh as Adena snatched it from her and blushed. "No wonder you love this fur carpet. Bet it feels sexy huh?"

"Shut up"Adena said as she blushed

"I'm just teasing you. I basically have moved into Ron and Craig's apartment and he hasn't been back to the apartment in weeks. What else could you all be doing?"

"We don't just have sex all the time"Adena said,"We just have it more now. But we are still a normal couple. We still talk and stuff its not like its all we do"

"So how is it?"Missy asked

"Its....great. I...I don't know how to explain it. But the first time I did it, I felt like a virgin you know? He did everything and he....Ive never orgasmed so much in my life"

"Oh I love multiple orgasms. I need them one after the other. It feels great huh? Is he a freak? What position do you do the most?"she asked her and Adena laughed. They then giggled like school girls as they talked about their men, sex, favorite positions. The two of them were happy and they both admitted that they could fall in love with them, which was a surprise for Missy because she didn't believe in the word.

*

The person who contemplates becoming the marriage or business partner of a typical Capricorn must realize that Capricorn will take over the organization of the partner's working life

*

However, everything isn't always perfect. It seemed the larger Adena got, the more upset she got. She had major mood swings. One minute she was laughing, another minute she was tempted to throw something. She and Craig argued a little more lately and sometimes he would leave or she would kick him out in the middle of the night. He would be mad for awhile but knew it was just hormones. She was 7 months pregnant and he couldn't wait for the baby to get here.

Adena was in her office one morning when Lloyd walked into her office. "Don't you knock?"she snapped at him

"Ugh.....I never had to before? Sorry?"he asked her.

"Whatever. What?"she asked him, not looking up from her papers.

"Donatella wants to see you"he said to her

"Ok I'll be up there in a minute-"

"She wants you now. It seems very urgent. And she sounds upset"Lloyd said,"I think she knows"

"How could she not? I'm as big as the fucking Empire State Building"she said, getting mad at herself. Why didn't she tell her sooner? Why did she keep on putting it off? Why does she always do this? "Fine, lets hear what the bitch has to say"she grumbled and got up and walked past Lloyd and went toward the elevator.

"Good luck"Lloyd said weakly. He sighed, Donatella was bad all by herself. He was terrified of her and she knew it. But lately Adena was acting just like her. He couldn't deal with two crazy bitches.

Adena knocked on Donatella's door and asked,"You wanted to see me?"she asked her

"Sit"Donatella said,"I don't want you on your feet too long"she said

Adena sighed as she slowly sat down,"Dona...I was going to tell you-"

"Oh yeah I bet, I bet you were going to tell me right when you are about to give birth in your office or in the middle of an important meeting"

"No-"

"But the worse part of it is...I didn't notice. Until someone called me and asked about the pregnant art dealer. 'Looks like shes gonna drop any second'. 'Is she having twins?' 'Tell her congratulations, when's the baby shower?'"she said mimicking the person. "How far along are you?"

"7 months-"

"Ive seen bigger at 7 months. Are you taking care of yourself?"

"Yes. I get it from my mother. She didn't gain that much weight when she was pregnant with me-"

"Great"she said sarcastically,"When are you due?"

"October 10th. Did they really ask if I'm having twins?"she asked.

"Yes. Why didn't you just tell me Adena? I mean with your divorce, I had to hear it from your ex. Now your pregnant and I hear it from a client. Why cant you tell me these things?"

"Ive been so busy. I....felt that I didn't need to tell you until I really needed to. But then I kept putting it off"

"Well it seems that people like pregnant. And it just so happens that Serena is pregnant as well, you know Antonio's wife? And he has paintings of her nude with that huge pregnant belly of hers. They are very good....I think I'm gonna have a showing. With a birth theme. How fast can we get that going?"

"As soon as possible. Assuming you still want me around..."

"I know your the best, you don't have to tell me. I just don't know what to do when you go on maternity leave. Lloyd cant do it by himself"

"I'm only a few blocks away and I'll be on my feet in no time"

"Sure you will"she said, not believing her. She picked up the phone. "I have two months left before you pop that thing out so I'm gonna take advantage. I'm going to make a few calls. You know what to do. Check my schedule, see when the best time is and lets get this ball rolling"she said

"Is the bitch crazy?"Craig asked her, later that night when she told him about it. Adena came home rather late and he had to reheat her dinner. He was worried about her and she didn't bother to call and now she was telling him her schedule. She may be working nonstop with no days off until the showing went up at the end of September. "You have two months left. You need to slow down"

"No I don't. I need to work. I need to go on like I'm not pregnant. If I sit on my ass....no I refuse to. This is better than I expected. I thought she was gonna throw me out again, punish me or something"

"She is. Shes giving you a stressful schedule when you need to be slowing down and preparing for delivery. Yes the doctors said to go on like life is normal, but be careful. This isn't being careful"

"I want your restaurant to cater. You all did a great job at the Valentine's Day show"

"Are you listening to me?"Craig asked her,"Can't she postpone it? Or have someone else help her? Can you get an assistant?"

"I have one. Lloyd"

"Can you get another one?"he asked her

"Can your restaurant do it?"she asked him

Craig sighed,"I guess. I'm gonna have to ask. I don't know if we are going to be booked"he said, sighing again.

"What is your problem?"Adena asked him

"You know what my problem is. I'm the only one worried about your health and safety. The woman is a slave driver. You need to be slowing down. I don't know how many times I have to say it"

"Then don't say it anymore. I heard you the first hundred times. I get commission off of this. I get bonuses off of this. I need all the money I can get to raise this baby. I mean, what, do you think we can survive off of your measly salary?"she snapped at him. Then she instantly regretted it. She sighed and stood there.

"I thought so. I thought it wasn't as measly as you thought....I was wrong. Thanks for letting me know"he said. She made him feel like shit a lot lately. Like a little boy who couldn't do anything right. "You know what? If I'm not good enough, then find someone else to deal with you because I don't have to do this Adena. This baby isn't mine"

"Oh so your just dealing with me? Your just putting up with me huh? What? Do you think you'll get a prize when the baby pops out? Because you stuck around and Taye didn't?"

"Well you sure are making it challenging Adena. I mean when was the last time you thanked me for anything? I work at the restaurant and at the club, but I still find time to take care of you. Run out at 4 am to get you pickles, deal with your mood swings. You know what? Your right! I should get a fucking prize!"

"Your such a fucking bastard!"she shouted at him,"I can take care of myself! Fine! Ok! You don't have to do it anymore since its sooooo much trouble"

But he didn't say a word. He only replied with a slamming door.

*

Sometimes Capricorn tests the trustworthiness of friends several times

*
Chapter 20 by Butterfly
Author's Notes:

stories/537/images/adena2.jpgstories/537/images/craig2.jpg

stories/537/images/missy2.jpgstories/537/images/ron2.jpg

http://fictionalfantasies.webs.com

Capricorn as Employer
A typical Capricorn boss (male or female):
* does not neglect family life for business, and family members may visit him or her at work
* is kind but expects obedience to the rules
* has a strong sense of duty and works very hard
* is not a good mixer, but others trust him or her
* does not give perks but responds when people are in need
* takes responsibilities very seriously, and so may neglect personal needs
* dresses conservatively and is well organized
* can keep complex operations moving smoothly

*

After throwing a few things around the kitchen and then cleaning it back up, she called Craig. However, he didn't answer. She hung up and called back. He still didn't answer. She hung up as she groaned out loud. Was he going to make her suffer now? How long was he going to act like a child? She called him again and again, he didn't answer. She sighed as his voicemail played about 30 seconds of his favorite song at the moment, she impatiently skipped over it by pressing 1 and then she sighed,"Ok Craig. I get your point. How long are you going to be mad at me this time? Can you be mad at me for being honest? Huh? I'm just speaking my mind. This is my life you know, my baby, and I need to think about what's good for us. If you don't agree with me, you don't have to...just call me back ok? Please?"she asked him and then hung up.

She got ready for bed, but was slowed down since the baby seemed to be kicking and moving more than usual. Like it was impatient, nervous or upset about something. Like it was tossing and turning in its little bed in her stomach, not being able to get some peace and go to sleep. "I know, I'm worried too"Adena said as she rubbed her stomach. Adena tossed and turned all night and every now and then she would check her phone, but Craig never called back.

*

At their very worst, Capricorns may use a friend to further an ambition without a word of thanks.

*

For a second as Craig took the subway home, he just wanted to give up. Not even try having a relationship with Adena anymore. It was just too difficult. He turned the volume up on his Ipod as he sat on a seat in the back and closed his eyes. But all he could see was her. Taking baths with her in the jacuzzi bathtub at her apartment, blowing raspberry's on her pregnant belly, her laughing out loud. Their many fights lately or any little thing that annoyed her. He sighed, but she had a right to be annoyed, she was carrying a baby after all. It must be hard and he wished that he could relate to her but he was a man, they didn't have to go through that. But it was hard for him too. Worrying about her, taking care of her, spending money on her, thinking of her more than he did of himself. For awhile there, he felt like the baby was his. Like they were a family and the baby would make 3. But the baby wasn't his. She reminded him of that. If it was too much trouble, then don't stay around. I'm fine, I can do it by myself, she had said. He sighed, maybe he should listen to her.

He opened the door to the apartment and walked in on Missy smoking a joint. She looked mad about something,"Sup?"he said to her

"Shit"she mumbled as she inhaled and coughed a little,"Ooooh this is some good shit, you want some?"she asked him

Craig was about to say no, but why not? He hadn't had a joint in months. Adena found a bag in his jacket pocket and they got into a fight over it. She didn't want her baby to grow up with a person who smoked illegal substances. She didn't want it in her apartment at all. She didn't want the police to burst in and take her and Craig to jail, blah blah blah. But Adena wasn't here. "Yeah, hold on a sec"he said as he put his stuff in his room. He hadn't slept here in ages, it seemed. He saw that he had three missed calls and a voicemail from Adena. Was she sorry? He listened to it and didn't like what he heard. She was still defending herself, not taking his thoughts into consideration, still being rude as ever. But she wanted him to call back? No, he couldn't deal with her right now. He walked back out to the living room and he sat down next to her and took a few puffs. Wow, that was some good stuff! He coughed.

"Good shit huh?"she asked with a laugh as he passed it back to her. He only nodded. "What chu doing here anyway?"

"I live here"

"Not really"Missy said with a laugh and then smoked the joint

"Well I do today, tomorrow, maybe for awhile"he said

"Another fight?"she asked him. He nodded,"What happened?"

"Her boss found out she's pregnant right? Finally. I told her to tell her months ago. Her boss had told her that since she had two months left before she went on maternity leave, she was going to plan a big showing about birth or something. Some artists' wife is expecting too and hes been making nude paintings of her. But to make a long story short, she's gonna be working her to death for the next two months when she's not supposed to be. The doctors say she's fine but she'll have to start slowing down. I make her dinner right? She doesn't come home, doesn't call. She gets there late and tells me this and I have a problem with it. Her boss is a fucking slave driver"

"She didn't agree did she?"Missy asked as she passed him the joint. He nodded and inhaled a few puffs and blew it out and passed it back to her.

"She wasn't listening to me. She went on and asked me if my restaurant would cater, blah blah blah. I couldn't get through to her. We start arguing about it and she said that she needed to do this. She gets commission and bonuses, which is fine. But then she had the nerve to say that she needed to do this to support the baby because 'we' cant live off of my measly salary"

"No shit?"she asked him

"Yeah"he said with a nod,"That pissed me off. And I told her, I don't have to do this. I love you but this baby isn't mine and I've sacrificed a lot of time and energy and I don't have to do it. I've done so much for her without a thank you. Then she blew up at me being all miss independent saying 'they' didn't need me, if it was too much trouble I should just leave and not deal with it. So I left"

Missy shook her head,"I'm sorry. She didn't have to go that far. But shes trippin', she is pregnant-"

"You don't have to apologize for her. You don't even have to defend her Missy. Pregnant or not, she knew what she said was wrong. I don't have to take this, making me feel little and shit. Its like nothing I do is right"he said

"So what are you gonna do?"she asked him

"I don't know. I need time to think. That really hurt, what she said. She's said worse before but I just forced myself to forget about it. There's only so much I can take"he said. They sat there in silence, passing the joint back and forth. Both were pretty high at this point. "Where's Ron?"

"Another on call"she said angrily

"Whoa...whats wrong?"he asked her

"Nuttin...its just that...hes been doing a lot of late on calls. I barely see him sometimes with the 48 hour shifts he has and then he keeps having to go in-"

"Well he does work at a hospital...."

"Yeah...but I'm gonna be honest wit chu. I went to the hospital tonight to visit him....he wasn't there. He told me he was on call and shit. But some nurse said it was his day off and he didn't come in"she said shaking her head. "So I came back here. He ain't here. I've called him...."she said and shook her head and laughed sarcastically,"If that nigga is cheatin' on me-"

"He's not"Craig said

"How you know?"she asked him. But that he didn't have an answer for.

*

Many Capricorns seem to have some difficulty thrust upon them

*

It seemed like every couple was on the out's. Craig didn't call Adena back until a week later, he just focused on himself and his two jobs. He just needed space and to breathe. However, when he called her, Adena wasn't welcoming. He tried to apologize but she didn't want to hear it. She told him that he made himself perfectly clear and to have a nice life. He was shocked and in a bad mood for days. All she did was cry and yell at people. Craig was at the apartment more but Ron and Missy were barely there. They kept missing each other. Craig approached him about what Missy had told him. He said he wasn't cheating and he wanted to believe him....

However, Missy caught him. She figured out where he was going on his nights off and sometimes between shifts. He wasn't just visiting one girl. He was visiting many.....at Player's Pleasure- a new strip club that opened. Missy and a friend of hers waited outside of the hospital until they saw Ron leave, they followed him there and he went in. They sat in her car as she cried and threatened to kill him, reaching for her gun in her glove compartment. But she didn't, she walked in and confronted him, getting into a fight with a stripper that was giving him a lap dance. They yelled and shouted at each other and she was thrown out. She slashed Ron's tires and left. A few days later, the stripper pressed charges against her. Adena helped her through it, in a weird way, telling her she deserved it since she shouldn't have gotten into a fight, telling her that if she was the stripper, she would have done the same thing. That pissed her off and Missy soon was relating to what Craig had said. But Adena did help Missy pay for it. Adena helped her with the court costs and the actual charge for the crime which was a few hundred dollars. She was ordered to stay away from the stripper and the club, which wasn't a problem. Ron tried to call her to apologize, to explain his actions, but Missy didn't want to hear it. She acted out by sleeping with girls again, saying that "men ain't shit".

Even Kim was saying the same thing one night as she stormed out of Taye's apartment. They had been fighting a lot lately. Kim wanted a commitment, a relationship, but he didn't want one. Even though he acted like he wanted one. It made her confused. She also felt like he was up to his dirty tricks again. She saw him talking to Felicia at a bar, they seemed pretty cozy, at least from a distance. In actuality, Felicia was drunk and horny yes, but Taye didn't want her. He went out with his friends a lot. His job didn't like his attendance record and Kim warned him about it. He would blow up at her and say "stop acting like Adena, don't be my mother". It seemed like Adena was on his mind a lot. He accidentally called her Adena a few times when he was drunk, even one time while they were having sex.

This seemed to not be such a good fall season for any of them. The weather was getting colder, and a lot of people were getting the cold shoulder.

The showing was opening in one week and Adena was working overtime. However, for the past two days she would have really bad contractions. But she didn't tell anyone. She was relieved when she was allowed to go home. She took a taxi home and moaned the whole way there. "You need to go to the hospital?"the driver asked her. She refused and went home anyway. As soon as she got home, she got in her pina colada bath and put on a old Dru Hill cd and tried to relax but her contractions were 4 minutes apart. Was the baby coming? Almost 3 weeks early? Was there something wrong? She started to panic and the first person she called was.....

"Hello?"Craig asked without looking at the ID. Thinking it was Missy, she called a lot lately, just to call and see how Ron was without having to talk to him.

"Craig?"she asked him and then moaned as another contraction came on.

"Adena? Are you ok?"he asked her, getting worried. Now many thoughts were racing through his mind. Was she hurt? Did she dial the wrong number or something? Was she apologizing? Why was she calling him?

"I think...its coming....my contractions are 4 minutes apart"she said but he was silent,"I'm sorry I shouldn't have called"

"No no no. Its fine. What do you want me to do?"he asked her

"I need someone to take me to the hospital. I don't want an ambulance, I don't want to be alone"she said, not believing that it was happening now.

"I'll be there as soon as I can. I'll get on the next car at the station-"

"No! Don't take the subway, take a cab or something, I need you now!"she shouted without meaning to,she took a deep breath,"I'm sorry for yelling. I just need you sooner. I don't know how much more I can take..."

Craig sighed,"Its fine. Has your water broken yet?"he asked her as he walked out the door

"Ugh....I'm in the tub....if it did....I don't know...."she said as he hailed a taxi.

"I'm in a taxi now"he said and then gave the driver the address,"I'll be there soon"he said

"Thank you"Adena said and that was music to his ears. He sent Missy a text telling her to meet them at the hospital. He walked in, he still had the spare key that she had given him and walked into the bathroom. She was in pain, but glowing, she looked beautiful, and he told her so. "No I don't"she said in reply to his compliment. She asked him to pack a bag for her and take the bag she packed for the baby to the car. He did so and helped her out and dried her off, dressed her and took her to the hospital. All of a sudden, she felt better. It seemed like the contractions slowed down. They requested Ron but he was busy and they were ushered into a room. However, the doctor had bad news.

"It's a false alarm?"Adena asked."But it's been happening for days, these contractions are killing me"

"It's normal. The baby knows it's time is soon, but not now. Your water hasn't broken yet. There's nothing wrong so you can carry on life as normal. But if you do feel like its time, make sure to take a hot shower to relax you, if the contractions are closer together, than that means its time"the nurse informed them as Missy arrived.

"Ok thanks anyway"Adena said as she tried to get up,"Hey Miss"

"Wait...whats going on?"Missy asked.

"False alarm"Adena said,"But it really felt like the real thing"she said as Craig helped her up. "Sorry about wasting your time"she said. She was tired. It was almost 1 am. Ron then rushed in and he looked at Missy, then turned to Adena,"False alarm, sorry"she said again,"Craig? Can you take me home please?"she asked him tiredly

"Sure"he said

"Thanks"she said and he helped her out. Missy about to follow them.

"Wait Miss....can we talk?"Ron asked her

"Why? What am I supposed to say to you? I paid for the tires. I said I was sorry-"

"But I didn't get to say sorry"Ron said,"I'm sorry. It was wrong of me to lie. I just.....I started getting scared of settling down. I realized I haven't been to a strip club in a long time and....I just wanted to have fun...without you. I love spending time with you Missy, but it was scaring me because we were spending every free moment together. I felt things were going too fast. I still have feelings for you Missy, they haven't changed at all. Even after everything....you just know how I am with commitment"

"I don't want to be your girlfriend Ron. I'm not ready for that commitment either. I just want to be exclusive. We have talked about this. Why couldn't you just tell me?"

"Cuz you were starting to act like a girlfriend. You started to nag, calling me and asking where I was, you would get upset about me hanging with the guys. You used to not do that"

Missy nodded,"I know....ok....I admit that maybe I was acting like one. And I'm sorry. I was just worried. This non commitment thing between us is confusing. The whole time we were 'together' I haven't been with anyone, and I expected the same from you-"

"I haven't been with anyone else either. Believe me Miss, unless you count some lap dances here and there, that's it"

"Those don't count"Missy said and she sighed,"So what now? I don't want to scare you away"

"Let's start over?"Ron asked her. Missy smiled. Then nodded,"See you in 48 hours? For real this time?"he asked her

"See you in 48"she said and kissed him

Meanwhile....

"I'm sorry. I dragged you into a false alarm and wasted your time"Adena said as he helped her out of the car and into her apartment building

"Its fine Adena really"he said,"Now we know what to expect. Remember, neither of us have been through this before"he said

"I didn't put it together"she said,"Its funny because when you walked in....my contractions slowed down...but I just thought...."

"They did?"he asked her as he opened the door for her and they walked in.

"Yeah, I guess the baby knew you were there. We both relaxed"she said and then she started to cry which startled him but it was the hormones. "We missed you. Especially me, I missed you. I'm sorry for breaking up with you"she said as he held her close to him,"I'm sorry for breaking up with you"she repeated

"Shhhh"he said as he smoothed down her hair and kissed her forehead

"I'm sorry about what I said. The measly salary thing, it was mean"

"It was"

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry"she said as she cried. He helped her to undress and into bed, all along she was crying. It must have been the medication they gave her. He laid down next to her and shushed her while she whimpered and sniffled. "Can you stay tonight?"she asked him

"Sure, I would be happy to"he said and he kissed her. She sighed, finally happy and soon they fell asleep in each others arms.

*

Famous Capricorns: Howard Hughes (Billionaire Recluse)

*

However, Adena continued to work overtime at the gallery. Since it was a false alarm, Adena didn't worry as much and worked through her contractions. Craig didn't agree with it, but held his tongue. He was relieved when the night finally came. He and his team set up the food and Adena helped to set up last minute things, hanging up paintings, lighting.

The night started out successful, in the first 30 minutes a painting of triplets were sold. Missy and Ron even came, but they paid more attention to the free alcohol and food than the pictures. Adena was running around a lot as usual, but soon she had a little time to herself and Craig gave her a plate.

"You ok?"he asked,"You look kinda-"

"Tired? I am"she said, she was having contractions again but she knew it was a false alarm. The baby wasn't due for another week and a half.

"No, you look pale or something? Are you ok?"he asked her. He worried about her more now, her contractions scared him.

"I'm fine"she said, she finished half the plate and ran off to do something for Donatella. She got compliments at how big she was, which wasn't comforting. She was sick of telling people when she was due, that she didn't know what the sex was, blah blah blah. She then had another contraction, she grabbed a chair.

"You alright?"someone asked her

"Yep"she said quickly and took a few deep breaths. She then walked to the bathroom, trying to appear calm. She looked at herself in the mirror, she did look pale. She was sweaty too. She got a few paper towels and wet them and applied it to her face, neck. She took a few more deep breaths. She had another contraction and she clutched the sink. "Shit"she said, then it went away. Was it her? Or were the contractions closer? She took a deep breath, dried her face and reapplied some makeup. She tried to look normal as she walked over to Craig. "Iced Tea please"she said

"Sure babe"he said as he leaned over and kissed her. He poured her a glass but then she clutched the table in pain,"Babe?"he asked, he then rushed around the side of the table as his co workers looked on in alarm. "You need to go to the hospital?"

"I don't know-"she said and then Craig gasped when he saw a big puddle of water on the floor. "Shit"they both said.

Ron rushed over and attended to her as he called the paramedics. Craig was to go back to the apartment and get Adena's bags and Missy was going to ride with her in the ambulance.

Donatella was worried, but the press seemed to love it, as they took pictures. "What a coincidence huh? Birth theme and my assistant is giving birth, right here"she said,"Excuse me"she said as she picked up a bottle of wine and drank out of it.

Ron called Adena's gynecologist and he assisted her until she arrived. Adena's parents arrived and her mother rushed in. Craig, Ron, Missy and her father waited outside. Craig could hear her screams from the waiting room and wanted to throw up. Why was she screaming like that?

"It's normal, everyone goes through it"Ron assured him as a nurse came out.

"She keeps screaming for a Craig. Is he here?"she asked and he stood up and went in.

"Help me"Adena said, she looked miserable, pale and covered in sweat.

"She only needs to push one more time, then she'll be done. She wont even listen to me"her mother said

"You all told me one more push three pushes ago, I cant do it!"she screamed,"I cant!"

"Ms. Capricorn, you are going to have to push, we need to get this baby delivered"the doctor said sternly

"Come on babe, push, just one push, then it will be done ok? You'll have your flat tummy again"Craig said calmly as he wiped the sweat off her forehead and whispered in her ear. The rest of them stared in shock as she started to calm down and then began to push. She screamed in pain but this time another scream joined hers as the baby was delivered. Adena fell back with a huge sigh of relief and closed her eyes, she could sleep for a thousand years now. She opened her eyes as her doctor handed her the baby, wrapped in a blanket

"Congratulations Ms. Capricorn, its a girl"she said as her mother started to cry and Craig too.

Adena's tears rolled down her cheeks as she held the baby in her arms,"Thank God"she said. She really wanted a girl and now she was here.

*

Famous Capricorns: Dr. Albert Schweitzer (Missionary and Author)

*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Coming Next...
The second book
in the Zodiac Series
AQUARIUS

Aquarius
The Water Carrier

January 20 - February 18
The eleventh sign of the zodiac is concerned with:
* scientific analysis, experimentation, detachment
* friendship, courtesy, kindness, tranquility
* mystery, intrigues, magic, genius, originality
* eccentricity, independence, humanitarian issues
* fame, recognition, politics, creative arts
* electricity, magnetism, telecommunications

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 21 by Butterfly
Author's Notes:

stories/537/images/adena2.jpgstories/537/images/craig2.jpg

http://fictionalfantasies.webs.com

December 22 - January 19
The tenth sign of the zodiac is concerned with:
* practicality, realism, hard work, accomplishments
* planning, determination, persistence, success
* high status, good quality, reputation
* responsibility, difficulties, problems
* paternalism, authority, discipline
* money, wealth, long-term projects
* wisdom, loyalty, sensitivity to beauty

*

As soon as she came, she was taken from her to get cleaned up. Her mother hugged her as she cried and then ran out to get her father. "Wait mom, can you give us a minute?"Adena asked her and she nodded and ran out. She looked at Craig and he smiled with tears in his eyes,"Are you crying?"she asked as the tears welled up in her eyes again

He nodded,"Don't tell anyone"he said with a laugh,"I'm just happy shes here"he said to her as he came over and kissed her. "You look beautiful. You did so good"he said

"Thanks, I thought I was going to die"she said with a laugh as he wiped her face with a towel.

"Would you do it again?"he asked as he held her hand.

"Yes"she said surprisingly,"Just not anytime soon"she said,"Thank you for everything. For being here tonight...for always being there"she said,"I love you Craig"she said and really meant it this time

"I love you too"Craig said to her and kissed her as the nurse brought her beautiful baby girl back into the room. All clean and wrapped up in a blanket. "Damn she's beautiful"he said as he looked at her

"You wanna hold her?"she asked him. He nodded and he picked her up and bounced her a little. The baby was fascinated at what she saw and her little arm reached up toward him,"She likes you"

"You think so?"he asked her

"She always has. Whenever you were gone, she kicked more"she said with a laugh. He laughed too. She then decided to ask him. Now was the best time, with the three of them together. "Craig-"she began to say when there was a knock on the door and then a nurse escorted someone in. She gasped.

It was Taye.

*

Capricorn is the cardinal earth sign of the zodiac. It can be likened to the oldest and most valuable tree in the forest.

*

Craig tensed up as Taye walked in the room with a bouquet of flowers. The baby seemed to feel him tense up and started to whimper. Adena reached for her and he gave her back carefully.

"What do you want Taye?"she finally asked him,"How did they let you pass everyone?"

"I told her I was the father of the baby"he said

Adena sighed. She looked at Craig. He didn't look too good. "Craig, I'm sorry, can you give us-"

"Fine"he said quickly, feeling angry. He quickly walked out. He couldn't help but feel jealous. He was the one that was around who bought the baby clothes, took care of both of them. He kinda felt like he was the father, not Taye. He was never around. Then he got scared, what if he asked her to take him back? What if she accepted it for the baby?

"These are for you"he said as he walked toward her

"Thanks"she said,"Taye-"

"Wait, can I hold him?"he asked her

"Its a she"she said

"Can I hold her?"he asked her. She hesitated but gave in and handed her over. He held her and for a second she thought that he was about to cry. "Your probably wondering why I'm here aren't you?"he asked her

"Yeah. This past year you have shown me that you don't give a damn about me or the baby. You cheated on me and you deny everything even after the tests proved you were the father. So yeah I'm confused and I want to know what you want"

"I wanted to say I'm sorry. I don't know how to explain it-"

"Are you and Kim still together?"Adena asked

"Kinda, its complicated"he said quietly. "Ive been thinking a lot about you lately. I wanted to call but was scared. The bottom line is....I wanna be able to see her, if that's possible"he said. "I'm her biological father. And even though things didn't work out between us, I don't want to screw up when it comes to our daughter"he said to her

"Craig and I are happy together-"

"That's great"he interjected,"I figured that you were. I don't want to come between the two of you. And I don't want it to be confusing for her either"he said indicating the baby,"I don't know.....will he be known as daddy?"he asked her

"I don't know yet. I thought so...."she said. "But if you really want to see her...I don't want to take that away from you"she said and then she reached out her arms and he gave the baby back to her,"I'll call you, we can figure out a schedule or something?"she asked him

Taye nodded and then leaned over and kissed her on her cheek,"Call me anytime"he said to her,"Congratulations"he said

"Thank you, congratulations to you too"she said. He nodded and then walked out. He walked past Craig and Craig had the urge to punch him and then he rushed back into the room.

"What did he want?"he demanded as he came in

Adena was sitting there, holding the baby close. She looked up and he saw confusion in her eyes but she was smiling. "He wants to see her. He apologized about everything but didn't want what we don't have anymore to come between him and the baby. I agree I don't want her to suffer because of our mistakes"

"So what does that mean?"he asked her

"You mean about us?"she asked and he nodded. "It doesn't change anything. I'm in love with you Craig and if you want to be around, we wont complain"she said

"I sure as hell wanna be around"he said,"Its gonna be hard to share"he admitted

"I know"she said. "Um...I wanted to ask you"she said as she grabbed his hand,"I wanted to know if you wanted to move in with me?"she asked him

Craig stared at her in shock,"Seriously?"he asked her. She nodded. He gave her a huge kiss and held her and the baby close,"Of course. I've always wanted to ask you"

"Really?"she asked him

"I was planning to ask you on your birthday actually. Ron tried to talk me out of it, said I was moving too fast. But then you know how that night went"he said and she laughed,"When?"he asked her

"As soon as you want. The baby's room is finished and I'm trying to figure out what to do with the other one"she said

"We'll figure something out"he said and then kissed her again,he then kissed the baby's nose. She was fast asleep now. "Wait....what are you going to name her?"he asked her

"Dayna"she said with a smile

"That's pretty"he said

"I actually wanted to ask you...if her middle name could be Amanda?"she asked her. She never could forget about the dream she had had when Amanda was there and trying to convince her not to get rid of the baby. That babies were innocent and they only came when she was ready. She was right, she was glad she hadn't made the appointment and she was ready to be a mother. She felt complete and content.

Craig nodded as tears fell down his cheeks at the mention of his little sister. "Dayna Amanda"he said,"Beautiful name"he said as he kissed her.

Later, Dayna's grandparents came to greet her as well as Ron and Missy. Ron had a video camera and videotaped everyone holding her. He smiled as he looked into the camera,"September 30th, 2008- little Dayna Amanda is being welcomed into the world"he said

*

Surefooted and thoroughly practical, in the end the Capricorn goat always reaches the heights, beating others who are faster but less determined.

*

Three days later, Dayna and Adena were released from the hospital and she was introduced to her new home. Dayna was Adena's pride and joy. Craig's too. He treated her like she was his own flesh and blood and Dayna was Amanda reincarnated.

Adena had a few months of maternity leave but she always came by when Donatella and Lloyd freaked out. Which was a lot. But she didn't mind as long as she could bring Dayna with her.

Craig was doing well at the restaurant and by January 2009, he and a fellow co worker quit and opened up their own restaurant. Adena helped by decorating the interior with the best artwork she could find. The restaurant was named Amanda's. By then he was moved out of the apartment he shared with Ron and moved in with Adena and they couldn't be happier. They barely fought but there were a few times when it got difficult. But what relationship isn't? Ron leased the room to another intern and Missy continued to "live" there.

Taye and Adena were on speaking terms again. They agreed on a schedule for him to see her. Things between him and Kim were already rocky and when he was on speaking terms with Adena again, the relationship started to fizzle. They soon broke up. Taye is focused on having fun and being single and seeing his daughter. Craig tries his best to be friends with Taye and behaves himself but that may be a long time coming before they become buddies.

Dayna's grandparents spoiled her as well as her godmother, Missy. Dayna's room was soon packed with toys and odds and ends for babies.

Dayna soon celebrated her first birthday, she was already walking and trying to talk. However, she was calling both Craig and Taye 'daddy'. But they didn't mind. But every time she called him daddy, Craig would feel an ache inside him as well as joy. The three of them were happy together. The gallery and the restaurant were doing well and he soon threw caution to the wind.

"Happy birthday baby"Craig said as he kissed Adena softly. She smiled widely and kissed him back.

"I thought you had to work"she said in surprise

"I'm my own boss. I can take tonight off"he said as he took off her coat and led her to the kitchen. Dinner was prepared and Dayna was seated in her high chair

"Mama!"she said excitedly and Adena picked her up and held her close

"How's my angel?"she asked her as she kissed her all over and Dayna laughed.

"Come on, let's eat your birthday dinner before it gets cold"he said anxiously

"Ok"Adena said with a laugh and she whispered to Dayna."Whats his deal?"she asked her

"I heard that"Craig said and Adena laughed as she put Dayna back in her high chair. She sat down and Craig served her his fabulous four cheese lasagna just like she liked it. He poured her a glass of champagne and set it in front of her and she didn't notice it as she dug into the lasagna.

Before Craig could say anything, Dayna started saying,"Mama, mama!" very impatiently

"Dayna? What is it?"Adena asked her and Dayna pointed to her glass of champagne and Craig laughed. Adena stared in shock when she saw an engagement ring sitting at the bottom of her glass and she squealed in surprise.

"She ruined it!"Craig said with a laugh as he got on his knee as Adena laughed through the tears rolling down her cheeks. He smiled as he held her hand in his,"Well...now I forgot...I had this speech prepared"he said with a laugh, he was about to cry too. "Adena, I love you with all my heart. Who would have thought that I would meet my future bride in a bar over shots of scotch?"he asked her and she laughed,"2 years ago I said that I wanted to keep getting to know you. Its gonna be difficult but I wanna be with you, for always. Will you be my wife Adena? Will you marry me?"he asked her

In the middle of his speech, she was already nodding and kept on nodding,"Yes"she whispered and then hugged and kissed him passionately

"Mama, mama!"Dayna said impatiently again. The ring was still in the glass and she wanted it. They laughed and soon it was fished out and on Adena's finger.

"Its beautiful"she said,"I love you Craig"she said

"And I you"he said

*

The cardinal signs must put their resources to good use. Earth resources represent practical skills: material, financial, and social resources that can be used to further an ambition.

*

The two had a small wedding at her parent's house on Long Island. Only close family and friends were invited and the two kissed as a perfect breeze blew around them. It was the last day of summer but it was still warm. Her parents hired a band and they all partied and danced til the sun went down.

Then the limo arrived and Craig and Adena were whisked away while Dayna stayed with her grandparents. Hours later, Craig was carrying Adena over the threshold of their hotel room in Italy. They were going to spend a few days there and then fly to Vegas and then back to New York. "Oh the room is gorgeous!"Adena said excitedly. The suite was huge and filled with the best artwork.

"I knew you would like it"he said as he kissed her hungrily. He still had on his tux and she had on her simple white dress, she didn't want to go overboard the second time around. She wore a simple white tube topped dress that went down to her knees, it was made of silk and very lightweight. They both had a lot of champagne and soon her dress dropped to the floor and they made love for hours and they were still going as the sun rose in Italy.

"I love you Craig"she said to him blissfully as she laid next to him

"And I you"he said as he held her in his arms.

*

Capricorn's spiritual goal: To learn to understand the feelings and needs of other people.

*

THE END

*

Next
The second book
in the Zodiac series
AQUARIUS

~~~~~~~~~~

Nadia shook her head,"Don't like her. She gives me a Paris Hilton vibe"she whispered to Aquarius as a blond walked in and stood before them

"She hasn't even shown us what she can do yet"Aquarius whispered back and smiled at the blond. "Hi, thank you for showing interest in our audition. My name is Aquarius and this is Nadia"she said introducing themselves. Nadia waved lazily. "And your name?"she asked her

"Paris Milan"the blond said. Nadia snorted with laughter and Aquarius swatted her.

"Can you be mature?"Aquarius hissed,"Sorry, pretty name"

"Its not really my name, its my stage name"Paris replied

"Oh ok, so um...this audition as you know is to fill two slots in our all girl rock band that we want to start"she said as she nodded at Nadia. "Before you show us, tell us what you can bring to the table"

"Well I'm a singer and I'm a natural performer. Many friends say that I'm better than Britney so I can really draw a crowd"Paris said with a flip of her blond hair

"Oh so you sing?"Nadia asked. She glanced at Aquarius and gave her a knowing look. Aquarius wanted to be the lead singer and Nadia was fine with that as long as she was the lead guitarist and had her freedom to write.

"Ok well why don't you just sing for us"Aquarius butted in.

"K. I'm gonna sing 'I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman' by Britney of course"Paris said. Aquarius smiled and nodded as she wrote more stuff down, Nadia just sat there with a scowl on her face, arms crossed and her left leg on the table in front of them. Paris moved over an inch, as if the slight change in location would make her better and smoothed down her daisy dukes. Then she started to......they didn't know what she was doing....but she wasn't singing. Nadia rolled her eyes and started banging her head on the table. Aquarius swatted her and Paris stopped,"Uh....what?"

"Please make it stop!"Nadia said as she started to laugh,"Oh God......oh fuck"she said between laughs

"Uh....excuse me?"Paris asked, obviously offended.

"I'm sorry, Nadia can be.....Nadia......"Aquarius said

"A bitch is more like it. What? I cant sing or some shit?"Paris said angrily

"Oh I'm a bitch now? I'm actually being a friend. Here's a tip Paris, get new friends cuz they all lying to you"Nadia said

"Bitch!"Paris said as she stomped outside,"Who would wanna be in your fucking dyke band anyways?"she said on her way out as Nadia laughed.

"Nadia-"

"What the fuck? This is a fucking joke! It seems like there is no talent on this fucking island"Nadia said. "Every bitch in here either looks like Paris, sounds like Britney or is clueless like Lindsay. What the fuck? We aren't auditioning to be the next fucking Pussycat Dolls, shaking our asses and shit. We are looking for girls with actual talent! How long are we going to sit here and be tortured by our very own version of Bermuda Idol?!"Nadia said,and then she got her stuff"I'm out of here, you can sit here and write stupid little notes on your stupid little notepad about bitches that aren't even gonna make it. I didn't like her the moment she walked her fake tits in here!"

"Excuse me?"came a small voice and they turned to see a blond standing at the entrance of the garage. "Is this the auditions for the girl band?"she asked

"Yeah but when we mean girl band, we don't mean the Pussycat Dolls or the Spice Girls, we mean an all girl version of Queen, Joan Jett.....the Donna's....so if you just wanna shake your ass, get out"Nadia said

"Nadia, shut the fuck up. Give her a chance"Aquarius said. Nadia just groaned and stood outside the garage as she smoked a cigarette. "I'm sorry-"

"Its fine. I'm Amethyst Levine"she said as she got out her guitar and Aquarius smiled, finally someone who knew how to play an instrument! "I'm gonna play um.....'The 1st Cut is the Deepest' by Sheryl Crow"she said and Aquarius nodded and eagerly wrote, hoping this girl wasn't bullshitting like the others. And she sure didn't. Her voice was soft, yet beautiful but got stronger in her high register. Her guitar skills was like someone who was married to it, kept it by her side at all times. Aquarius didn't let her finish, she clapped and stood up.

"You got it if you want it"Aquarius said excitedly. Amethyst was what she was looking for in a guitarist!

~~~~~~~~~

Stay tuned! Story will be posted soon!!

And thanks again for reading/reviewing 'Capricorn'!
This story archived at http://https://www.valentchamber.com/vault/viewstory.php?sid=1034