Don't Burn the Turkey by mocasoul
Summary:

 

Tandra and Kevin's first Thanksgiving as a married couple, and they are planning a big dinner with both their families.   Emotions are high and so is the stress level...well, for Tandra.  Kevin is as cool a cucumber.

Cute little Thanksgiving Oneshot.  Happy Thanksgiving Day!

Comapanion-ish piece to In Sickness And In Health


Categories: Original Fiction Characters: None
Classification: None
Genre: Comedy , Friendship, Romance
Story Status: None
Pairings: None
Warnings: Extreme Language, Fluff
Challenges: None
Series: Tandra and Kevin's one shot adventures
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1223 Read: 3064 Published: 25/11/10 Updated: 25/11/10
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Chapter 1 by mocasoul

Chapter 1 by mocasoul
Author's Notes:

Tandra



 


Kevin


`

Tandra was stressed. She wasn’t even going to lie. It was her and Kevin’s big Thanksgiving dinner with both their families there. When they were dating, they would visit each other’s families for Thanksgiving, but their families were always separate. Even though the wedding went without drama, Thanksgiving was always a stressful time and a true test of whether you can cut it as a wife and hostess by creating a nearly flawless Thanksgiving dinner.

“Tandra?” Kevin called out as he returned from grocery store among the throngs of people doing last minute Thanksgiving shopping. They had ran out of eggs for the boxed cake Tandra was going to make. He kept trying reassure her that nobody would care if the cake came from a box, so she, reluctantly, agreed and said she would blame him if anyone complained.

“I’m in the bathroom, honey.” Tandra answered him and he walked to the bathroom. She was cleaning the toilet when he walked in. “How bad was it?”

“It was hell…god, I’m never want to do that again. I think an old lady hit me with a cart on purpose.” Kevin said as he kissed Tandra’s cheek.

“Aww…poor you.” Tandra cooed as she kissed him. “You better be glad it’s not Black Friday. That old lady would’ve tried to break your legs.”

“Yeah…I don’t think I’m crazy enough for Black Friday. Did you pick up the wine?”

“Yeah…it’s on the table. Could you do me a favor and dust in the living room?”

“Sure.” Kevin said as he walked to their cleaning supplies closet and grabbed the giant Swiffer duster. Just then, he saw four bottles of wine on the table.

“Babe?” Kevin said as he walked back to the bathroom. “Don’t you think four bottles of wine is a bit excessive. I mean, unless you’re trying to get people puking drunk…”

“No. Two bottles are for me and the other two are for everyone else.” Tandra said with a straight face and Kevin was about to laugh, but he saw that she wasn’t kidding.

“Why do you need two bottles of wine? Are you cooking with a bottle or something?”

“No. I just need two bottles.” she said and Kevin was still confused. “Look, Kevin, this is a really stressful ass day. You don’t know the pressure I feel to be that black Martha Stewart for your family. Plus, I know I’m going to get that question of when we’re going to have children.”

“Oh, c’mon…you do not need two bottles of wine to yourself…” he said and she glared at him. “That’s how alcoholism starts…”

“You don’t know how much your mother pressures me. She actually sends me links to sites about table settings and party hosting.”

“Well, she likes throwing parties. I’m sure she’s just trying to give you a few pointers in party planning so that you won’t be so stressed out…like you are now.”

“I can’t help it…you know how much I stress over the little things…I try not to…” she said with a pout as she stared up at Kevin.

“Aww…there’s that cute pout I love.” he said as he touched his finger to her nose and she glared at him even more. “Tandra…lighten up a bit. If you were anymore stressed, I would need that second bottle of wine…”

“Get your own wine…” she said before sticking out her tongue at him. He let out a laugh.

“Oh, no…I’m not going back out there…” Kevin said as he went back into the living room. “Babe, you might want to check on the turkey…”

“Shit, the turkey!” Tandra said as she ran into the kitchen and put on oven mits and opened the oven. “No, no, no….” she said as she began to cry and Kevin ran into the kitchen.

“What? Did you burn it?” Kevin asked as he went over to her and held her.

“No…I forgot to turn the oven on…” she said as she cried into his shoulder.

“It’s okay…” Kevin said as he rubbed comforting circles on her back. “Wait, that turkey’s been in that oven for at least 2 hours…what were you doing?”

“I was cleaning…I was so damn stressed about having people over that I cleaned and it slipped my mind. Would the turkey be safe to eat if I cook it now?”

“I don’t think so…unless you wanted to give everybody food poisoning…” he said with a laugh and Tandra glared at him.

“This ain’t funny, Kevin!” she said as she pushed his shoulder.

“I know…c’mon it’s a little funny. Admit it.” he said and she continued to glared at him. “Okay…tell you what…we’ll have ham instead. Is that okay?”

“But…they wanted turkey…” she said as she cried again. “Most people eat turkey on Thanksgiving…” she said as she leaned on his shoulder again.

“Not really. Didn’t you say your family usually eats ham?” he asked and she nodded. “See? It’s not a complete disaster.”

“This is a disaster…” she said as she grabbed his sweater and used it to blow her nose.

“Okay…if you’re going to insist on turning my sweater into a giant tissue, you should cry about something that’s worthy of the tears.”

“Why are you being so insensitive?! I ruined Thanksgiving dinner. Even if they would eat ham, where the hell are we going to get one this late?”

“I know a guy…” Kevin said in a mobster voice and that made Tandra smile a little. “There’s that big, beautiful smile I love.” he said as he kissed her. “Seriously, though…I know a guy. If we’re lucky, he’ll have a turkey.”

“I love you, Kevin…and I’m sorry for turning your sweater into a tissue.”

“I love you, too. Don’t worry about the sweater…I love it when you get stressed out. You’re very funny and you look so cute.” he said and she hit his shoulder. “Ow…” he said as he rubbed his arm and laughed.

“It’s nice to know I’m your source of entertainment. Ass…”

“Yeah, but I’m your ass. And you love me.” he cooed and Tandra couldn’t help but grin. “Okay, I’m going to go find that turkey and you stay away from the wine.”

“But…” Tandra said as she was about to argue, but she stopped. “Okay…I’ll put the two extra bottles up somewhere. We can break them out on Christmas.”

“That’s a good idea. Or we could save a bottle for tonight when all the guests leave we can have our own little Thanksgiving celebration…” Kevin said in a suggestive tone. “I, definitely, know what I’m thankful for.” he said as he kissed her.

“I’m thankful for you, too. Now, get that turkey…or ham.”

“Okay. Don’t burn the turkey.” Kevin teased and Tandra glared at him. “Okay, okay, I take it back. I take it back. Love you…”

“Uh huh…you better take it back.” Tandra said as she kissed him before he left. She turned around and decided to wipe down the counters. “It won’t be that bad. It won’t be that bad…” she kept telling herself as she tried to calm herself for the dinner. Suddenly, her phone rang and it was Kevin. “Yes, sweetie?”

“We have turkey and ham. Mission accomplished. I’ll see you there. Love you, babe.”

“Love you, too.” Tandra said as she hung up the phone and started dusting.

This story archived at http://https://www.valentchamber.com/vault/viewstory.php?sid=1355