Last but not least by DRESSA
Summary:

After a whirlwind romance Kara Watson thought Jonas Darley was the man of her dreams, that is until she learns his secret. Will their relationship stand against the odds?


Categories: Original Fiction Characters: None
Classification: None
Genre: Drama, Family, Friendship, Romance
Story Status: None
Pairings: None
Warnings: Adult Situations, Original Characters, Sexual Content , Work in Progress
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 24 Completed: Yes Word count: 37826 Read: 33497 Published: 07/03/11 Updated: 14/09/11

1. Chapter 1 by DRESSA

2. Chapter 2 by DRESSA

3. Chapter 3 by DRESSA

4. Chapter 4 by DRESSA

5. Chapter 5 by DRESSA

6. Chapter 6 by DRESSA

7. Chapter 7 by DRESSA

8. Chapter 8 by DRESSA

9. Chapter 9 by DRESSA

10. Chapter 10 by DRESSA

11. Chapter 11 by DRESSA

12. Chapter 12 by DRESSA

13. Chapter 13 by DRESSA

14. Chapter 14 by DRESSA

15. Chapter 15 by DRESSA

16. Chapter 16 by DRESSA

17. Author Note by DRESSA

18. Chapter 18 by DRESSA

19. Chapter 19 by DRESSA

20. Chapter 20 by DRESSA

21. Chapter 21 by DRESSA

22. Chapter 22 by DRESSA

23. Chapter 23 by DRESSA

24. Author's Note by DRESSA

Chapter 1 by DRESSA
Author's Notes:

 The WATSONS

Kara Watson

 Deloris Watson

 Abe Watson

 Maylin Watson

 Abel Watson

 Alastair Watson

THE DARLEYS

 Jonas Darley

 Darwood Darley

 

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

"What do you mean you set me up on a blind date"? Kara screamed into the telephone. "mama how could you do this? and behind my back no less"

"Kara Jean Watson, who in the hell do you think your talking to? Huh?, now here I am trying to get a man in your life and you act like a child" Deloris chastised.
Uggh why can't this woman leave me alone Kara sighs "No it's not happening, I'm fine alone, I have a great job, and a wonderful apartment. Hell what more can a girl ask for mama?" damn I'm going go need a cup of tea after this.

"Kara, I know you have a great job and a wonderful apartment b-but honey I want you to have a home, a husband, and kids baby. Your so beautiful and I just want you to be happy" Deloris cried into the receiver.
Oh she really is putting it on thick today. Plopping down on the couch Kara had to think, on one hand if she does go it could be a complete disaster, but then on the other hand she'll get her mother out of her hair for awhile, which certainly out weighs a disaster date.
"oh what the hell! Fine mama I'll go on this date..what? OUCH" Kara pulls the phone away from her ear and waits for her mother to finish squealing. "Ok mama calm down and tell me about this guy" Kara gets up and goes into the kitchen. She loves red and it's evident in her entire apartment especially in the kitchen, red appliances, red walls, red wood cabinets, and red floor tiles to her red is the sign of being a sexy woman. She fixed herself a bowl of cream of wheat while listening to her mother ramble on about her date.
"First of all he's not a guy he's a man honey. Anyways his name is Jonas Darley, he's a lawyer at a family owned firm, and he's finnnne" Deloris sighed " I gave him your number and he    should be calling you in a few." Kara listened to her mother ramble on for ten more minutes before getting off.
" Ok mama, I gotta go so I'll give you a a call later this week...uh huh, ok love you too, bye" sighs finally, that woman is going to drive me crazy, Kara just sat down to eat her cream of wheat when her phone started to ring again.
"Oh my god!! can't a girl eat her breakfast." she grabs the phone "Gello, Kara speaking"
"Hello Kara, this is Jonas Darley, your mother gave me your number awhile back" The deepest, sexiest voice she's ever heard came through the receiver, the type of voice that makes you cream your panties.
"Ummm...hi...I didn't expect you to call so soon. So umm how did you get roped into this thing?" she asked before taking a spoon full of her sugary delight.
"Well my mother and yours have become quite good friends recently. Your mother showed me your picture while visiting mine and I was interested in what I saw...you truly are beautiful" Jonas stated.
Kara's mouth hung open for a good ten seconds before she realized food was spilling out, no man had ever spoken to her like that, they told her she was beautiful all the time but mostly to get in her pants, but none were so sincere about it.
"Kara? are you there?" he asked
"Uh yeah, so umm what did you have in mind for our date?"
"Well I was thinking we could go to dinner and then take in a late movie, if that's ok with you"
Kara bit her bottom lip in thought " ok that sounds good"
"Great, so can I pick you up tonight at eight?" he said excitedly
"Wait why so early? I mean don't you want to at least wait until the end of the week."
"frankly Kara no I don't. When I want something I go for it and I want you"
"Wow, ok then I guess I'll see you at eight" after chatting with Jonas and giving him her address that's when the nerves hit.
"Holy shit!!! I have nothing to wear for tonight. Maybe I can cancel... no then mama will really be in my ass." then Kara thought of the one person that she knew was a fashion expert, and ran over to grab her phone.

Chapter 2 by DRESSA
Author's Notes:

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

THE DARLEYS

 Stacey Darley

 Sheldon Darley

 Shannon Darley

 Maryann Darley

 Samantha Darley

  Keyshia Darley

Grace Darley

 

 

Kara walked into her favorite restaurant, Lasalle's they had the best Italian dishes in the state of California. As usual the place was beyond crowded,  good thing her lunch date was friends with the owner. Being only 4 feet and 11 inches it was kinda hard for her to see pass the many people waiting to be seated, but she finally spotted him. Abel her brother from another mother, literally their father was having an affair with Abel's mother since before she was born, he finally decided that he couldn't live a double life anymore and left Deloris when Kara was six years old, at the time Abel and Alastair, Abel's twin were eight. Her brother was a very handsome man, he stood at 5 feet 10 inches, with light golden brown skin, slanted light brown eyes that he inherited from his Korean mother, and wavy hair cropped low that he got from their father. He was every woman's dream too bad he doesn't swing that way, he liked his men tall dark and sexy.
"Hey baby girl, how is my baby sis doing today?" he asked when she sat down.
"Not good brother, my mama set me up on a blind date with her friends son and I have nothing to wear". she exclaimed holding her head.
"Damn that's a first baby girl"
"I know I always have something to wear but this whole thing came from nowhere"
"No I mean this is the first time in history that you accepted your mom hooking you willingly" he says with a smirk on his face "So let me guess you need big brother to come to your rescue    an find you some thing to wear" Kara glared at her brother as he laughs.
"Yes I do the dates tonight and I need something fast. He wants to go to dinner and a movie. Where's the waiter I'm starving. First mama then Jonas, that's his name by the way called so I couldn't eat." she looks ups from her menu to see Abel looking at her with pure amusement on his face.
"What? Did I say something wrong?"
"No but you are rambling on and I know you only do that when your nervous, for what reason I don't know. You're gorgeous, do you know how many women would kill to have a figure like yours?" Kara couldn't help but blush she knew she had a nice body. Toned legs, nice plump booty, slim waist, and just a  little over a hand full of perky tits to go with it, damn so why couldn't she find a man.
"Actually speaking of dinner, dad wants us all to have a family meal or something Sunday"
"Hello welcome to Lasalle's, I'm Mandy your waitress, our special today is the pasta linguini with a spicy white wine mushroom sauce. Can I start you off with any drinks sir?" Mandy asked pouting her lips and sticking out her chest at Abel. Kara laughed and kicked Abel under the table, he hates when women hit on him.
"Well honey I'd love the chicken alfredo 
and my lovey sister will take the veggie lasagna, and we'll take two strawberry lemonades please." Abel finishes with a smile.
"Is that all sir? perhaps my number maybe"
Abel couldn't believe the nerve of this girl.
"Honey, you are at work. I know you are not that desperate for a man to have to beg for the numbers of customers. Oh, Kara look at that man over there, I'd like to take a ride on that" He laughed.
"Oh, I see, tsk, is that all?" Mandy ask with an attitude.
"No thanks, your a doll honey"
Kara couldn't hold in her laughter anymore as she watched the waitress walk away in a huff.
"That was so mean Abel"
"She's the one that got mad because she was turned down. So back to what I was saying before, dad wants a family dinner this coming Sunday"
"A family dinner, really? Abel I love you, dad, and Alastair even though he hates..." Abel holds ip his hand to stop her from speaking.
"First of all AL does not hate you Kara, he hates how you treat our mother, which is kinda rude at times honey"
"I don't even do anything"
"Exactly Kara, you never do anything, you don't talk or look at her, it's like she's not even there to you, I know how you feel babe, I was there. We all got hurt when everything came to light, but it's not just my mothers fault."
"Fine Abel, I'll come Sunday, but I won't promise you anything. I blame your mother and that's that." he sighs and decides to save the conversation for another time.




Chapter 3 by DRESSA
Author's Notes:
All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

After spending the day with her wonderful brother she finally arrived home with one hour to spare before Jonas showed up. Kara hopped in the shower and did a quick wash up. Abel choose her a knee length, sleeveless red dress with red stilettos and of course a black lace thong to go with it.
DING DONG
Kara looked at the clock, 7:45, he's early, she didn't even have her dress on yet just her very very short silk robe.
"Oh what the hell, it's not like he's getting any" she opens the door and there stands a 6 foot tall Greek god. Short black hair, muscles everywhere, and the deepest grey eyes she'd ever seen.
"damn I'm in trouble" she says under her breathe.
Jonas was amazed. Kara was sexy as hell in just her robe, her very short robe.
"Jonas, hi, your early. I didn't even get a chance to put on my outfit yet, umm come in" she moved aside and watched him walk by.
"Sorry, I just couldn't wait to see you. You look amazing already so I can't wait to see what your wearing tonight" Jonas turned to readjust himself under the guise of checking out her place, he was hard as a rock.
"Hmmm ok, well just sit here while I get dressed and then we can go"
He let a moan while watching her walk away, for such a small woman she had a nice big ass and he was definitely an ass man. Sitting down on the sofa he took the time to survey his surroundings. One thing he noticed was all the red, his favorite color. She had tons of movies and a 50inch flat screen mounted on the wall. Pictures all over the place, mainly of her and her mother, and a few with her, a older gentleman, and some guys around his age.
"Ok, I'm ready"
Mouth open and jaw slacked, Jonas was looking at an angel.
"Keep it up and files are gonna lay eggs on your tongue" Kara laughed
"Sorry. You look gorgeous Kara"
"Thank you. So are you ready to go?"
"Yeah" Jonas gives her his elbow and leads her out the door. On the curb sat a 1965 candy red mustang with an all black interior. He opened her door, then got in himself.
"I hope you like seafood, the place I picked out is near the bay"
"I love seafood"
Jonas was nervous as hell, he didn't know what to say or do, nothing like this had ever happened to him before.
Kara could tell he was nervous, he gripped the steering wheel so tight his knuckles were turning white. She decided to break the ice.
"My name is Kara Watson, I'm 23 years old, and I'm a designer for a high end boutique. I usually don't go on dates, especially blind dates. But I figured it would get my mother out of my hair for a bit". She finishes out of breath.
"Wow, your an honest woman, i like that. Ok I guess it's my turn. My name is Jonas Darley, I work at a law firm owned and ran by my father and I hope to take it over one day. I have two siblings that I love and like I said before I saw your picture and I was interested in you".
With the awkwardness gone the conversation flowed freely and the date went in without a hitch. They paid for a comedy and snuck into a horror flick. Jonas loved they way Kara held onto him every time a scary part came on.  Arriving back to her apartment had Jonas kinda disappointed, he hated to say good bye so soon.
" I had a great time Jonas" Kara hoped to end this date with a kiss.
"Kara, I'm so glad you came out with me" Jonas leaned over and covered her mouth with his. It was explosive. Kara was in heaven, big strong hands roamed all over her body, lifting her up and pinning her against the door. Jonas wrapped her legs around his waist and started grinding against her. The hardness pressed against her clit was driving her insane, she could feel herself getting closer to falling over the peak.
"Jonas, we have to stop....Jonas" Kara untangled herself from around him, she turned around facing the door, she had to get away from the temptation. Kisses rained down on the back of her neck and shoulders.
"It's ok baby, now isn't the time. Just know Kara that when I catch you, I'm never letting you go" he whispered against her ear "Understood?"
Kara nods before rushing into the house, leaning with her back against the door she sighed on relief.
"I'm already caught"

 
"He's seeing someone else" She said to her.

"Well we need to find out who she is asap"

Chapter 4 by DRESSA
Author's Notes:
All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

THE WATSONS "Maylin! Woman what are you doing?" Abe came out of his office when he heard a loud crash. The kitchen was a mess, there were pots and pans all over the place, flour, eggs, meats, cheeses, and other assorted ingredients were scattered across the counters.
"Abe I'm trying to get dinner ready, I want everything to be perfect tonight"
His wife looked tired, he knew she had been up most of the morning prepping for Sunday dinner.
"Dear, calm down and go get some rest. It's only noon, you'll have plenty of time to cook dinner" he told her while ushering her into the den.
"I'll clean up the kitchen while you sit here and sleep." Abe said, after giving her a kiss on the cheek. She closed her eyes and started to rest. He walked down the hall back to his office. Abe stuck his head in the door.
"Hey kid, need your help in the kitchen"
Alastair looked up from his laptop and nodded his head. Getting up he followed his dad into the kitchen.
"Holy shit what tornado blew trough here?" He yelled when he saw the mess.
"Alastair Watson, watch your damn mouth" Abe said looking out the kitchen door to make sure his wife hadn't heard them curse. "Now we need to get everything in here straight before your mother wakes up"
"What's up with mom, she's never this messy" he said sweeping up the flour.
" She's kinda worried about tonights dinners with Kara."
Al was fuming, he was tired of that girl stressing out his mother. From the dad she arrived here she was a trouble maker, constantly trying to get rid of his mother and make room for hers. He was pissed and he didn't mind saying so.
"Dad, when are you going to stop letting Kara act disrespectful towards mom. I mean I know you feel guilty for how things turned out with Kara and Deloris, but that was years ago and you can't keep letting Kara treat mom like shit" Al yelled at his father.
"Alastair!! Don't you speak to your father like that nor about your sister like that"
Al and Abe turned to the door to see Maylin standing there with her hands on her hips, walking into kitchen she scolded her son and husband. She agreed with Al, her husband shouldn't let Kara treat her the way she does, but she also knew that Abe felt he had abandon his child. For her husband she would hold her tongue until she couldn't bare it anymore.
"Both of you out now, I need to finish preparing for dinner"
"Ma"
"Lin"
Slamming her fist on the counter top she screamed at them to leave in her native tongue, Abe and Alastair ran out of the kitchen, they knew when Maylin spoke Korean she meant business.

THE DARLEY ESTATE

Jonas ran up the steps two at a time at his parents mini mansion and rang the door bell. After five minutes their maid answered the door.
"Oh, Mister Jonas, welcome home" Valerie said taking his jacket and hanging it up.
"Thanks Val, is my mother home?"
"She's in her sanctuary of course"
"Ha,ha, of course, I'll see you later Val" Jonas waved goodbye as he walked away. His mothers sanctuary was a greenhouse in the middle of the garden. He knocked.
"Come in Jonas."
"How did you know it was me? He asked looking around. She redecorated again. Everything was white with gold trimming. His mother was a beautiful woman who had really aged well. Too bad she was kinda a bitch so at times her beauty was marred.
"I always know when one of my children is here to see me. It's a mother thing." she picked up a vogue magazine and started flipping trough it. "Now Jonas what did come to tell me"
" What makes you think I've got something to tell you"
"Does this face look stupid to you" she asked pointing to herself. "The only time you come visit me is when you have something important to tell me, otherwise you'd call, Sheldon only comes by to throw the fact that he's still gay in our face and Shannon only speaks to me when she wants money and we live together" she finished in a huff.
"Well you know what they say, like mother like daughter" She gave him a pointed stare. " Anyways, your right. I came to tell you I met someone and I wanted to let you know that I'm going to visit Nana Grace" Jonas watched his mother watch him. "I want to ask for her wedding rings".
"Married? To who? When?" Stacey was panicked.
"To Kara Watson, I haven't asked yet but I plan to do so soon" Jonas watched his mother pace back and forth murmuring to herself.
"Deloris's Kara?"
"Yes"
"B-But she's black, how is she possible going to fit into your lifestyle" she stammered.
"My lifestyle has nothing to do with her skin color mother." Jonas got up to leave. " You know I thought you would be happy because Deloris is your friend, but I guess not" he yelled over his shoulder.
Stacey was beyond panicked, not only did Jonas want to bring a black girl into the family, but if he went to visit Grace he'd find out her secret then everyone would hate her. She had to stop him. Stacey ran to catch up with Jonas.
"Jonas! Jonas wait." she gets to just as he reached his car.
"What now mother" he was getting tired of her bullshit.
"Honey I'm sorry about how I acted back there, but you know how I grew up with my father, I may not be caught up with the times, but I love you and I want to help you" she put on her best face and hoped he bought her act.
"Help how?"
"Let me go visit Grace, while you stay here and continue to woo my future daughter in-law"
Jonas didn't know what his mother was up to but he figured he'd play along and watch her crash and burn later.
"Ok mother I'm counting on you"
"Thank you honey. I won't let you down."
Stacey watched Jonas get in his car and drive off, when he was out of sight she went into her office and booked a flight to Georgia, then called the one person she dreaded Grace Darley. The phone rang twice before Grace answered.
"Hello Grace, it's Stacey. Yes I know. I wanted to let you know that I'm coming out there for the weekend so please have my room ready. Ok, goodbye" lord she hated that woman.

 GEORGIA

Grace hung up the phone, and looked over at her guest. No she wouldn't tell her that Stacey was coming. She was tired of all the secrets and it's just about time her bitch of a daughter in-law was knocked off her pedestal.
     
 ELSEWHERE

"That was Stacey, she said Jonas wants Nana Grace's wedding rings" she said to her
"Why hasn't he said anything then?"
"I don't know"

THE WATSONS

Kara walked up the paved path of her fathers two story home. She was wearing red high waisted tweed slacks,a white cotton sleeveless blouse, red pumps, and red clutch. Just as she reached the door it opened."Well, well, well. Hey Kara"Alastair said with a smirk on his face." Hello Al." Kara brushed passed him and walked into the house with out a second glance. She found her dad, Abel, and Maylin aready sitting at the dining table. Walking over to her dad, she gave him and Abel a peck on their cheeks and nodded at Maylin."So how was your date hun?" Abel asks when she sits down next to him. "What? the all holy Kara had a date?Let me guess he decided he didn't want a brat like you" Al laughed" This coming from the same man that can't get a date unless you pay her" she said leaning forward"Stop it Now!!"Everyone jumped when they heard Abe yell, it was rare that he did but if he did peolple listened."We are a family, and we are going to act as such" he glared at the both."Dad she's the one who treats us like crap!" Al cries pointing between himself and Maylin."Kara, from now on you will respect my wife" Abe commands his daughter."She won't" Al says and shakes his head."You know what. Let me tell you something, your a dick and your mother is a home wrecker, that why I don't treat you like family." she looked at everyone around the table. Her dad looked disappointed, Abel stared at the wall, and Maylin sat there and cried." Dad you left a beautiful BLACK woman for this" Kara points at Maylin. " Look at her she doesn't even have enough back bone to defend herself. With one last look around Kara got up to leave."You know what I don't need this, as usual this was a waste of time" Kara grabbed her purse and walked out " See you all next Sunday"
When she got in her car she pulled out her phone "Jonas I need you".

GEORGIA
Grace watched as her daughter in-law got out of her town car, she was shocked she didn't arrive in a limo. She walked over and opened the front door and watched Stacey yell at her driver.Stacey looked up and saw Grace standing in the door way waiting on her. After giving her driver a small tip she went to greet her mother in-law. Grace was a very good looking woman for her age. At first glance Stacey thought Grace would be a push but she was very wrong. Grace could be as sweet as candy and as mean as a rattle snake."Hello Stacey" Grace smiled "Hi Grace" Stacey walked by when Grace stepped aside. Taking a seat on the sofa Stacey lloked around. She hated this house for someone so rich she lived like a middle class citizen." So how have you been Grace?" She asked forcing a smile."Oh cut the bullshit Stacey and tell me why you came all the way here" Grace loved sticking it to stacey, she could see right trough her and knew she was no good." Ok, haha, always a striaght shooter Grace. Well Jonas is planning on getting married and he wanted the wedding rings you promised him""An why didn't my grandson come for them himself?"Stacey shifted in her seat, she hated when Grace stared her down. " I thought it would be good if he stayed behind with his lady friend"" Or you choose to come here because you didn't want that boy to know what you did, and what you've been hiding here" Grace stood up and started walking to the rear of the house."Follow me Stacey"Stacey followed Grace toward the back of the house. She was nervous, she didn't want to die in the backwoods of Georgia. Grace gave her a once over then pointed to the back yard."Go on back there"Opening the door she was blinded by the hot Georgia sun, she stepped out onto the back porch. When her vision cleared what she saw nearly stopped her heart."S-Shannon?" There her daughter was sitting in a sand box with a little caramel colored girl with a head full of curls.Shannon stood up and dusted off her clothes. Stacey watched her daughter walk over to her, the little girl skipping behind her."Mother, what are you doing here?""I could ask you the same thing, we had an agreement Shannon" She chastised" Mommy who's she?" Shannon reached down and grabbed the child's hand."Honey this is your grandma, Mother this is Keyshia. Your granddaughter"

TWO WEEKS LATER

Jonas looked at his cellphone in irritation, he had five missed calls already and no messages, he hated when people didn't leave any messages. Stuffing his phone back into his pants pockets he looked around for his guest, Kara, the two of them had been talking every day since their date and ever since Jonas had been taking cold showers.
Kara snuck up behind Jonas and covered his eyes with her hands, she couldn't help but giggle when he jumped.
"guess who"
"Hmmm could it be one of the most beautiful women in the world?" Jonas grabbed her wrist and flipped her over the bench and pulled her onto his lap.
"I was right, pure beauty you are" he whispered against her lips, he loved how responsive she was to his touch. He gripped her hips and held her against his chest. Kara snuggled closer, the summer breeze was making her chilly. She had never felt so close to anyone in her life. Kara knew in her heart, this is what real honest to god love felt like. She wanted to get closer.
"Jonas?"
"Yeah babe?" he looked down at her, she was bitting her bottom lip unsure of herself. " What's the matter honey?"
"Would you like to come back to my place?"
Jonas looked her. He knew what she was asking him.
"Kara, I love you and I know you feel the same about me. I know it's been two weeks since we met but...baby i believe that a man and woman should only enter a sexual relationship when married."
"Oh" Kara couldn't believe he was turning her down. Swinging to the side so that she was sitting next to him. " I Uh understand I guess. It's your religious beliefs, who am I to question that"
"Kara, I want you forever" Jonas got down on one knee and pulled out a red velvet covered box"
Kara jumped up and took a step back.
"Jonas wha-" she was feeling so many emotions at that moment.
"Marry Kara, be my wife" Jonas hoped to god she said yes. He needed her like he needed air.
"But we just got together, what will people think?"
"Who cares what they think. Lets do this, take a chance with me baby" Jonas pleaded with her like no other
"Yes... Jonas YES I'll marry you!!!" he picked her up in his arms and twirled her in the air, after setting her down he grab her hand an started pulling her towards his car.
"Jonas, wait where are we going?" she laughed
" To find a Justice of The Peace that's where" Kara couldn't believe she was about to get married after only know the man for less then a week. But hey when life gives you lemons male lemonade.

At the Watson home the entire family sat around waiting for Kara to arrive, two hours went by and still no show. Abel pulled out his cell and pressed Kara's speed dial number.
RING,RING,RING
"Kara where the hell are you? We've been waiting here for nearly two hours" Abel cried " You did what? Kara please tell me your kidding. Oh baby girl what have you done!?, Kara, hello?" Abel stared at the phone in shock.
"Abel, ABEL!!! Whats going on? Is Kara ok? Does she need me" Abe asked a mile a minute while holding abel's arm. "Abe say something"
"Dad Kara just married a man she's known for two weeks"
 

End Notes:
Thanks for all the support
Chapter 5 by DRESSA
Author's Notes:

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

For those that are confused: Abe and Deloris were married, Abe then had an affair with Maylin, who got pregnant with Abel and Alastair. Two years later Deloris had Kara.

THE DARLEY ESTATE

Stacey paced out side of her husband's office. Two weeks, that's all the time Shannon would give her before she came back home with the child. Now her time was up and she didn't know what to do. Dammit this was all Graces  fault, she knew all those summer visits would come back to haunt her.
Smoothing out her dress and making sure her hair was straight, she walked through the door. Her husband sat on a leather sofa he liked to keep in his office. His looks are what she fell in love with first. He looked just like George Clooney.
"I was wondering when you would stop that pacing and actually come in" He said looking at her over the rim of his glasses. He patted the spot next to him.
"Come tell me what's wrong."
She collapsed next to her husband and laid her head on his shoulder.
"Oh Darwood, I try and try to make sure this family is perfect but all I get is spat on" she cried "All I was trying to do was make sure that our daughter would have a future" she slid onto the floor and kneeled between his legs. Taking his hands and looking up at him she could see the confusion in his eyes.
"Promise you won't hate me" she pleaded. Darwood knew whatever she had to tell him was serious,  usually she didn't care if he got mad at her.
"What did you do Stacey?" he asked stroking her cheek.
"Do you remember some years ago when I sent Shannon to Georgia for a year?" He nods "I had told you it was because she needed to spend more time with Grace" she took a deep breath before continuing. "I lied Darwood, S-Shannon was pregnant by that little black boy you were paying to tutor her" she looked up at her husband, she'd never seen him so angry before.
"Please tell me your joking Stacey" His head was spinning, his heart was beating a mile a minute. He closed his eyes and tried to calm down when she shook her head no.
"She wanted to come to you, but I told her you would hate her, that you would disown her for being a slut" Stacey stared at her hands, she couldn't bare the look of hate in his eyes.
SMACK!!!
Darwood stood up and looked down at his wife laying on the floor, he was brought up to never hit a woman but right now that went out the window.
"You made my child think that I would hate her!!" he screamed, he watched her flinch and cower on the ground.
"Oh don't worry I won't hit you again. No, I'm going to do worse then that." she was confused, what could be worse then her husband slapping her down.
Darwood grabbed his suit jacket and car keys. He realized that he's been letting her get away with to much over the years, he'd lost friends and family behind her but no more.
"All your credit cards will be cancelled. No more weekly shopping sprees, you will no longer have access to the drivers, and your cars are being confiscated, your little sanctuary will be torn down immediately, oh and your name will be taken off all the accounts." he glared at at her."Be happy that's all I do to you" he turned to walk away. Stacey crawled over to him and latched onto his ankle.
"Please, I'm sorry. You have to let me explain!" She begged. Darwood shook her off of him.
"Make sure you have your shit moved into the guest room by the time I get back."  He commanded as he left, he could hear her calling his name but for the first time he ignored her cries.

JONAS

She looked beautiful, he thought as he stood at the back of the JOP's office watching her give her thanks. Feeling his phone vibrate he reached into his pocket and pulled it out. Looking at the caller I.D. he groaned, after looking back to make sure Kara was still busy, he stepped out into the hall and answered.
"Hello?. No I'm still taking care of business. Yes I told you I would be back soon. Ok,bye" He sighed and rubbed his brow, he hated lying but he didn't know how he was going to tell the truth either now that he was in so deep. But he loved her at first sight and knew she wouldn't accept him if she knew. He felt two arms wrap around his waist and all negative thoughts fled from his mind. Turning around and embracing her he stared into her eyes.
"Ready to go Lady Darley?" he asked smiling.
"Of course Sir Darley" he gave her a peck on the lips before leading her out of the court house.
"Good because I booked us the honeymoon suite at the best hotel in town" winking he opened the car door for her then got in himself. Neither noticed the green suv following them.
After checking into the hotel Jonas and Kara made their way to their suite. The elevator ride was filled with a comfortable silence, both stealing nervous glances at each other.
Their hotel suite was amazing. Everything was decorated in different shades of red.
" This is the rose red suite" Jonas stated as he watched her twirl around the room. Walking over to her he lifted he up into his arms. She wrapped herself around him. He placed a kiss on her head. "Your so beautiful" He whispered brushing another kiss across her lips. She leaned her he aside enjoying the kisses on her neck and shoulders. "Jonas, let's take this to the bedroom" When he set her down she takes off her heels. "Come on" The sway of her hips as she lead him to the bedroom had him hypnotized.
"Want to see you naked" his voice had turned into a deep growl. He watched as she slipped off her shirt, then her bra. She giggled when it landed on his head she tossed it. He inched closer, his eyes still on her breast. "Damn you have some beautiful tits" Taking one in his hand, he leaned down and took a nipple in his mouth and suckled it. Kara gasped and dug her fingers into his back. Taking the other nipple into his mouth, he bit down lightly causing her to shutter and moan. His dick was so hard. Turning her back to him, Kara slipped off her skirt. She had a great ass, so round and plump. Picking her up, he laid her down on the bed. Her hair looked like a halo fanning out around her head. Spreading her legs, he slid his fingers across her plump lips soaked with her juices. She moaned. He flicked her clit repeatedly.He looked up and found her grasping at her breast. Her orgasm came fast and hard. He Slipped two fingers into her as she came, her pussy spasmed around his fingers. Taking them out he sucked her juices off. She tasted like sweet honey.
Kara watched him strip off his clothes as she came down from her orgasm. She inhaled deeply when she saw him nude. He was so large it almost scared her. Watching her watch him, he took out a gold condom wrapper from his wallet, he hissed when he slid it on. Jonas took a deep breath to calm himself down. If he wasn't careful he would end things before they started.
He kissed his way up her body, taking his time he licked and sucked every part of her before settling between her thighs.
"Open your eyes" she looked up at him and arched her back. He entered her in one hard thrust. She was so tight and wet. He wrapped her legs around his waist and slipped his arms under her. He needed to get closer, deeper, he rammed his dick inside her. He increased his speed and she met him stroke for stroke. She was cumming hard just the way he liked it. Jonas took her nipples in his mouth and suckled while he plunged deeper, he pulled out to the tip and plunged deep inside again. Her muscles clenched around his cock. With one final thrust, he howled as he came.
" That was great honey" he smiled down at her snuggled at his side.
"Mmmmm, yes it was" they laid there holding each other. Both of them content until she heard his belly growl. "Someone worked up an appetite huh?" she laughed and sat up "Why don't you go hop in the shower while I call room service" he nodded and walked into the bathroom laughing when he hears her whistling at him. Kara grabs the phone and called room service. She was so happy.

"Hello, I'm looking for some friends mine  Mr. and Mrs. Darley, I'm supposed to be surprising them but I forgot the room number." She explained to the concierge.
"Sure thing, ummm let's see, oh here they are suite 4482" He smiled at her.
"Thanks, your a doll" walking away she grabs her partner and heads toward the elevator.

Knock Knock Knock
Kara jumped at the sound then looked at the wall clock, it couldn't be room service already it's only been ten minutes since she called. Pulling on her robe she went to open the door. Standing on the other side was two very tall smiling women. One red head and the other brunette.
"Umm can I help you?" she asked confused.
"You must be Kara, I'm Maryann" the red head said "And this his Samantha"
"You can call me Sam" The brunette smiled. "Can we come in?" Not waiting for an answer they walked on in.
"Do I know you two?" she watched the one named Maryann sit down and cross her legs.
"No, but we know you, I'm guessing from the shocked look on your face that Jonas told you nothing" she said smirking.  "Well..."
"Hey babe, how longs the room service gonna take? I'm starved" he asked walking out of the bedroom adjusting his towel, when he looked up his mouth fell open.
"Hello Jonas. It seemed you forgot to mention that you were getting married"
"Maryann, Sam. What are you guys doing here?" he questioned
"Well when you kept prolonging your trip we decided to figure our what was going on with the help of your bitchy mother" Sam said speaking up.
"Jonas how do you know these women?" Kara asked panicking."Jonas I asked you a question" she yelled when he didn't answer.
" I-I, Kara I meant to tell you but.. I'm so sorry" he cried.
"Let me introduces us to you Kara, I'm Mrayann Darley and this is Samantha Darley. We're his wives" she explained. Kara could feel her head spinning and her ears buzzing. She collapsed on the sofa. "I don't understand. How can you have three wives Jonas?" tears had started falling from her face and it broke his heart. He went to the sofa and sat next to her. Caressing her hair he tried to explain.
"I'm a polygamist, when I was younger I was introduced into this lifestyle and I wanted to be part of it. Baby I wanted to tell you but I wanted to be with you more" He tried to hold her as her body rocked with sobs. She pushed him away.
"Get out" she spoke so calmly it scared them all.
"Kara please! I love you" he pleaded. But she wasn't hearing it.
"I should have known something was wrong, but no I was so caught up in the romance of it all" she looked at Maryann and Sam "I bet you two must think I'm the stupidest woman in the world huh?"
Sam stepped forward, her eyes sympathetic. " No we don't Kara, I know what your feeling right now. When I found out about Jonas I was pissed and hurt but I realized that he loved me" she said smiling at him. Kara started laughing. She couldn't believe this was happening. Turning to Jonas, he looked distraught which made her even madder, how dare he act like his world was falling apart.
"Get your shit and get out, I don't want to hear any pleading or any stories from your concubines about how they can relate. Just go!" she pointed at the door.
Jonas went into the bedroom and got dressed. When he came back out Maryann and Sam were trying to talk to kara. She was shaking her head refusing to listen.
"Leave her be" he told them, going over he kneeled in front of her. He took her chin in his hand. "Listen and listen to me good Kara I am in love with you and yes I'm in love with Sam and Maryann also. You are as much my wife as they are. Which means I won't be letting you go, I'll do what ever it takes to keep you" He gives her a light kiss on the lips before standing up. With one last look he leaves, swearing to himself that she would be with him-them she would be with them and they would be a family. With them finally gone she curled up into a fetal position on the sofa and cried.

DELORIS WATSON

A nice hot bowl of homemade jambalaya and a good book was exactly what she needed. After putting her waist length dreads in a single braid down her back she made her way to the kitchen. She walked around grabbing all that she needed, rice, bell peppers, chicken, shrimps,onions, and her very own homemade seasoning. She'd have to make sure she made enough for four servings since neither she nor Kara could only eat one bowl. Prepping all her ingredients she got to work.
DING DONG
Sighing she washes her hands and goes to open the door. "What the hell do you want?" she asked angrily.
"Hello to you to Deloris" Abe smiled "May I come in?"
Deloris moved aside and let him in wondering what he wanted today. Usually he called to rant and rave about something Kara said. Today shouldn't be any different.
Abe walked into the den and took a seat. "Have you seen Kara Deloris? Has she called you?"
She shook her head " should she have?" this was going to be a long day.
"Yes, when Abel called her to find out where she was, she told him that she was getting married to some man she just met" He finished waiting for Deloris to blow up at the news but instead she just smiled. "What the hell are you smiling for? This is serious now" he shouted "Our daughter is off somewhere marrying a stranger and your smiling about it, act like a responsible mother for once and stop letting her get away with everything."
Deloris lips curled up in disgust, how dare he come in here and comment on her parenting. "First of all Kara is a grown woman and if she wants to go get married let her. Second off all how dare you talk about me as a mother when you weren't around half the time."
"I had reasons for not being there Deloris"
"Oh I haven't forgotten those reasons. Your two little bastard children and your rice queen." she laughed when Abe jumped up and grabbed her arm."I knew when you hired that girl to be your secretary that nothing good would come of it and I was right, you couldn't keep it in your pants." Abe pushed her aside and started to walk away, then he stopped and turned back to her.
"You know all these years I wondered how Kara could say the things she said to Maylin. I thought it was because she was still mad at me for leaving. But now I realize that you've been poisoning my daughter against me" Abe watched as amusement glittered in her eyes, he wondered if she was this vindictive when he met her or if his actions made her this way.
"You know my daddy was a military man. He had the same affliction as you . Just couldn't resist those china girls, I remember when I was twelve and my daddy came home with the child of his whore and expected my mother to raise it. Being the good woman she was she did it, she cried every night" Her eyes had become distant as she remembered the past. "And do you know that even with my mother raising the bastard he kept going back to that bitch! My mother worked and slaved taking care of us!" she yelled at him.
"I didn't know you had a sibling"
She smirked "I don't anymore, he died at the age of two, I was supposed to be watching him but I got caught up in something or another and he fell out the window of our three story house and broke his neck". Her smile sent chills down Abe's spine. "We were a happy family after that. Mama stopped crying and daddy stopped traveling. Anyways I wouldn't worry about kara, I taught my little girl well"  She said leading him to the door. "Goodbye Abe"
Abe got into his car and drove off he needed to find his daughter and make sure she was ok and keep her away from her crazy ass mother.
Deloris went back into the kitchen and continued to cook. She was even happier now then she was before. Her baby was getting married, she just hoped Kara didn't over react when she found out Jonas was a polygamist.
End Notes:
Thank you for all the reviews.
Chapter 6 by DRESSA
Author's Notes:
 All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

JONAS

Jonas tried Kara's cellphone for the third time. No luck, she'd turned her phone off. He was driving himself crazy with worry. He picked up the phone deciding to call Deloris. She picked up on the fifth ring. "Hi, Deloris, ok mama. Actually I'm trying to get in contact with her. She found out about me and told me to leave.Yes ok, thank you so much mama, ok I'll talk to you later" he hung up the phone and smiled Deloris was going to go check on Kara's apartment. Leaving his office he goes looking for Sam and Maryann. He finds them in the theater room watching a movie. Sam looks up at Jonas expectantly "Well?" she asked. Jonas looks at both of his wives in disappointment. "Still no answer but her mother is going to go by her apartment, hopefully she'll gave some luck." Maryann and Sam get up and wrap their arms around him. "We're so sorry we messed things up Jonas." Sam whimpered. He hugged them and kissed their foreheads. "I'm going to go lay down" he said sadly and walks out the room.
"We have to fix this Sam"Maryann said. She nods in agreement.

KARA
"Kara, wake up now" Deloris yelled, she'd used he key to get into her daughters apartment only to find her sleeping the day away. "Kara" she flung the covers off of her and opened up the blinds.
"Dammit mama I'm not asleep" she sat up and glared at her mother.
"Look I know your going through something right now and your very confused, but you better watch the way you speak to me Lil girl" she chastised. Kara stared at her mother then got out of bed.
"Mama how do you know what I'm going through?" she stood in front of her hands on hips.
"Jonas called me and told me you ran off when his wives showed up" she stated nonchalantly. " What I don't understand is why your so mad"
"Are you crazy? He's married mama. He has two wives" she stomped off into the living room and sat down on the sofa. The nerve of that woman. She tried to ignore her mother when she followed her, but she sat on the coffee table in front of her.
"No he has three wives. I like to think about it this way, at least you know who he's with, you don't have to worry about him leaving you for some stranger like your father did me"
"Mama get out, I love you but you have to get out" she pointed at the door and watched her mother leave without another word. When Deloris walked a good distance from Kara's door she took out her phone and called Jonas. "You should come over. I left the spare key taped under her mailbox. Don't make me regret this Jonas." she hangs up and continue out the building.

Kara looked at her phone, she had fifteen missed calls. Tossing it down on the coffee table she got up and went into her studio, when she was stressed she worked. Sitting down at her design table she took out her pencils and started to work on a new winter line.
CLINK CLINK
Kara's head shot up, she looked at her watch, it was past midnight. She had fallen asleep.
CLINK CLINK
Kara grabbed her bat from the conner of the room. No one was suppose to be here. Creeping around the comer, bat held high and ready. She saw a very tall figure walking toward her, crouching down low behind a table stand she waited. One...Two...three. Kara jumped out from behind the table and swung the bat at the intruders knees bringing him down. Hitting him again and again she was out of breath.
"Kara! Kara!"
"Jonas?" she rushed to the light switch and turned it on. "What the hell are you doing here? Where the hell did you get a key from?" not waiting for an answer kara swung the bat and hit  him again in the knees then his side. Jonas grabbed he ankle and pulled her down on top of him. Kara struggled to get out of his grip, but he just tightened his hold on her. He pulled her into position so her legs straddled him. His hard dick strained against her wetness.
"Let me up Jonas" he pulled her head down to kiss him silencing her demands. He kissed her deeply, his tongue sliding into her mouth. He ran his fingers through her hair undoing her bun. Jonas smiled and pulled away from. He slid his hand and cupped her breast. Covering her mouth with his as he massaged her breast. Kara unzipped his pants and pulled out his cock, taking off her shorts and top, she straddled him and held his dick. She stroked up and down then positioned herself over him. Jonas let out a gut wrenching moan when Shen plunged herself down on him. She held onto his shoulders as she rocked her hips, moving him in and and of her. He wanted to take his time with her, wanted to please her. Grabbing her hips he moved her up and down on his dick. She was so tight, taking him in with every thrust and holding him there when he withdrew.
"Oh! Oh! God! Jonas! Jonas!" She dung her nails into his chest. Her body quivered and he knew she was cumming. Thank god. He didn't know how much longer he could hold back.
"I love you, Kara"
She screamed, arched her back and clamped her pussy walls around him so tight he couldn't hold it any longer and came. She collapsed on top of him breathless but satisfied. Getting up Kara grabbed her clothes and walked to her room. "You can leave now" she said over her shoulder. Going to her room she closed and locked the door. Jonas got up and limped to the door with the biggest grin on his face. She may be kicking him out now but if tonight was a indication of their future he'd be back. Locking the door, he put the keys in his pocket and left. When she heard the door close she let herself relax and go to sleep.

SHELDON

Sheldon rolled over and knocked his alarm clock off the nightstand. He sat up and  stretched his arms, he could smell beacon coming from the kitchen. Grabbing his pajama bottoms he slipped them on. Usually he walks around naked but since his sister and his newly discovered niece were staying with him. Heading to the kitchen he could hear their laughter which made him smile. "What are you two beautiful ladies laughing at?" He opened his arms and kneeled down to pick Keyshia up.
"Uncle, Uncle, me and mommy are making  strawberry and banana pancakes" the thought of all that sugar turned his stomach but he'd eat it because he loved his niece. Shannon laughed at the look on her brother's face.
"Mmmmhmmm that sounds tasty, hey Lil bit do you know how to set a table" she nods "Ok why don't you go set everything up in the living room so we can watch tv while we eat" he sat her down and watched her dance off chanting something about mickey mouse.
"So what do you want to talk about Sheldon?" Shannon asked, arms crossed against her chest. He walked over to her and gave her a hug.
"How are you? Now that everything is in the open?"
"Relived, dad knows the truth now and mom is being punished. I know we had an agreement and I had planned on keeping the promise of never seeing her again. But Sheldon when I saw her I fell in love.". He was proud of her for stand up to their mother and for taking care of her responsibility. "Good because that little girl is precious" he picked up some bacon and popped it into his mouth. "I called Jonas and we're suppose to take Key over there for lunch today"
"Oh lord, that girl is going to be spoiled rotten between you, dad, Jonas, and his wives".
"Oh, that reminds me. Jonas got married again yesterday." Shannon had a look if shock on her face. "But now they're broken up because Jonas never told her about his polygamous lifestyle" they both shook their heads.
"That sounds like our brother and knowing him he'll do something very stupid to get her back" He nodded.
"Uncle, Mommy, the tables ready" they both gathered up the food and took it into the living room.

KARA

"Kara I must say this just might be the best designs you've done so far" Steve Noland her boss said flipping through her portfolio. "These defiantly put you in the lead for head designer" she jumped up and hugged Noland. She was moving in the direction she wanted to be in with her career. "Oh thank you Noland, you don't know how much this means to me" she laughed.
"It's all you honey, now what are your lunch plans? Would you like to join Jocelyn and I ?" he asked, Jocelyn was his wife if twenty years.
"I wish I could but I promised my dad and brother I'd meet them for lunch" she said pouting. She didn't feel like hearing them badger her about her actions.
"Well ok then, if you change your mind we'll be at Claire's" she nodded, after talking some more about her designs she left the office and made way to Lasalle's. As usual. The restaurant was crowded. Kara smiled and said hello to the host who pointed her to her fathers table. After giving her father and brother a kiss and hug she sat down. Both looking at her expectantly.
"So what happened Kara?" Abe looked at his daughter and she looked tired. Abel watched his sister struggle to find the words.
"I got caught up dad, I was stupid and got caught up." she sad looking down.
Abe was so happy now he wouldn't have to convince her to leave this man. "I was hoping you would say that sweetie" Reaching down into his briefcase he pulled out a stack of papers and handed them to her. "Those are annulment forms I had drafted up this morning. All you have to do is sign them and let me handle the rest baby girl"
"Dad I appreciate this but you..."
"I knew it!!" they all turned to see Deloris standing there tapping her foot with her hands on her hips. Abel's face contorted with hate. He couldn't stand this woman.
"Mama what are you doing here?" Kara didn't want to deal with anymore drama. Deloris pulled up another chair and sat down.
"Well when you told me that you were having lunch with Abe I knew I had to cine before you let him talk you into leaving a good man."
"Deloris, what good man would take a girl out and marry her after two weeks if knowing her without meeting her family first? A selfish one that's what kind." Deloris looked Abel up and down and sneered.
"I did not give you permission to speak to me so remember your place" She turned back to Kara and took her hand. "Baby, so what he already has two wives. I talked to that man and he loves you" Abe's head snapped up and he and Abel looked at each other.
"Hold up a minute. You set our daughter up with a married man? What kind of a woman are you Deloris?" He stood up and yelled.
"Don't try parenting now Abe. You lost that right when you left us."
"Dad, stop. Mama stop trying to push Jonas on me. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go home early. All this fighting is making my head hurt." Scooting her chair back she got up and left without a goodbye.
"This is all your fault" Deloris yelled pointing at Abe. "If I hadn't let her spend so much time with she wouldn't even be considering leaving. She would've just listened to me"
"Your nuts Deloris. All you live for is controlling Kara's life. News flash Deloris Kara is a grown woman" Abe yelled back. Getting up she glared at Abe.
"Keep trying to undermine me when it comes to my daughter and you'll regret it Abe" With that said she looked at Abel, rolled her eyes and walked away.

JONAS

Jonas sat back and watched Maryann and Sam play tag with Keyshia.
"You have a beautiful daughter Shannon." he said looking over at his sister. "I can't wait to spoil her." he laughed. His thoughts turned sad. He couldn't help but think about Kara and their encounter last night. At least she still wanted him that way.
"So big brother, Sheldon told me your married again." he nods and smiles "He also how you screwed it up" she was grinning at him.
"Yeah I messed up but I'm going to fix it"
"Really? And how do you plan that?" she asked.
"Don't worry about that sis. I don't want you going and blabbing off to Sheldon!" He yelled the last part at his brother who was cooking stakes on the grill. After eating and playing a few board games Jonas said goodbye to his siblings and his niece. Once they were gone he called Sam and Maryann into his office.
"We need to come up with a plan on how to get Kara to join our family so we can be complete". 

End Notes:
Thanks for the reviews and the support
Chapter 7 by DRESSA
Author's Notes:

 All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 `````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Kara's Apartment

 

The Darley Estate

Jonas's Home

Abe's Home

Deloris's Home

KARA
After three weeks Kara had finally settled back into her routine. Work, home, dinner with the family, and back to work again. Besides Jonas calling  everyday and him refusing to sign the annulment papers everything was back to normal. So why did she feel like everything was about to change.
"Kara Watson?" A nurse in lime green scrubs called her. She raised her hand. "The doctor will see you now." Putting her magazine back on the shelf. She followed the nurse to the examination room. It was time for her annual exam and she couldn't wait to get it over with. After being weighed and getting her blood pressure checked the nurse sat her down to start the routine questioning. During such questioning she realized that she hadn't gotten her period yet and and asked the nurse if she could take a pregnancy test also. Ten minutes after the nurse left the doctor came in and started the exam. She was so glad when he was finished.
"Well Kara, it seems like everything is in place. And I believe you gave the nurse a urine sample for a pregnancy test?" She nodded. "Hmmmm let's see, yes your results are here. It looks like your about three weeks along. Im going to write you a prescription for one month worth of prenatal vitamins until you find yourself a suitable ObGyn. I'll instruct the nurse to give you a list of names on the way out." He handed her the slip of paper and left. Kara couldn't believe this was happening to her. Just when she thought she could get Jonas out of her life the one thing that will tie her to him forever makes it's appearance. After changing she walks to the nurses station to get the list of possible doctors. Abortion was out if the question. She wouldn't kill her own child. On the drive back home she decided that she wasn't going to tell Jonas. If her mother could do it then so could she. After picking up her vitamins she she drove home. Parking her car in the buildings private lot she walked up a flight of stairs to her apartment. When she got close to her door what she saw made her stop a take a deep breath before continuing forward.
"Hi Kara, long time no see."
"I guess Jonas has you two doing his dirty work now?" she asked looking at Maryann and Sam. They both laughed.
"Of course not silly, Jonas doesn't even know we're here. We wanted to talk to you on our own" Sam said. Kara opened her door and let the women in. They both took a seat on the sofa. Kara set her tote bag on the table.
"Do you guys want something to drink?" both women nodded. Sam jumped up and followed Kara into the kitchen.
"I don't need your help you know." She told Sam who just smiled. Going to the fridge she looked at it's contents. She would have to go shopping soon, she was eating for two now. Taking out three lemons and grabbing the sugar from the cabinets. She had Sam get a pitcher from the top shelf, filling the pitcher up with water she squeezed the lemons into it followed by two cups sugar. Tasting it and deeming it suitable for them to drink she told Sam where to get three glasses.
"Sam we gotta get going" Maryann came into the kitchen.
"But I thought we were going to talk to Kara" Sam asked confused.
"It'll have to wait until later. Sorry Kara" Maryann looked apologetic.
"Its fine" Kara walked them both out then sighed with relief. Thanking god they couldn't stay. Pouring herself a glass of the lemonade and grabbing her vitamins out of her bag, she went into the bathroom and drew herself a bubble bath.
Downstairs Maryann and Sam were getting in their car. Sam noticed how Maryann smiled and tapped her fingers to her own tune on the steering wheel. "So are you going to tell me why we rushed out of there so fast?" she flashed Sam a winning smile.
"Remember when you got up to help Kara with the drinks?" she nods "Well while you were gone I kinda went through her tote bag. And I found the key to kicking Jonas plan into motion"
She paused for effect. "Prenatal vitamins. She had a bottle in her bag. With her name on it." Maryann and Sam squealed with joy.

JONAS
"Are you sure Maryann?" he hoped and prayed she was.
"Yes. They were in her bag, she's pregnant Jonas. Your going to be a daddy!" she clapped her hands together.
Jonas was still shocked. He didn't think that he would have kids when they found out Maryann was sterile, and the countless times he'd tried with Sam it seemed hopeless. He knew that they were meant to be together. Her getting pregnant was proof of that.
"Ok, heres what going to happen." they listened closely while Jonas explained his plan.

KARA-2 days later
She was tired. She finally experienced morning sickness. It was Sunday. Normally she would go to her fathers house for dinner but today she invited everyone to her apartment. She wanted to break the news to everyone at the same time. She just hoped that they could keep from fighting long enough.
She cooked baked chicken breast, mashed potatoes, and green beans, she made a Cesar salad, and cooked a peach cobbler for dessert.
DING DONG
Looking around making sure that everything was in place, she went and opened the door. Her dad, Maylin, Abel, and Alastair all had frowns on their faces. Her mother was the only one smiling.
"Hi baby!" Deloris pulled Kara into a hug . Abel walked in behind her and gave Kara a kiss, followed by her dad. She nodded politely to Al and Maylin.
"I'm so glad you all could make it. Umm dinner is ready so we can eat." smiling she led everyone into the dining room, the seating was tricky, but she eventually got it. With Abel's help she got all the food set up on the table.
"Dinner is delicious honey" Everyone around the table nodded in agreement.
"Thanks mama" It was thirty minutes into their meal and everything was going good. She was nervous about how they would take her news. Taking a deep breath she decided not to wait any longer.
"I'm pregnant" Kara frowned. Her dad was choking on his food. Her mother was going on and on about a nursery.
"It's ok dear, I'll make you an appointment at a clinic and we can get rid of it" Abe said between coughs.
"I'm not getting an abortion dad!" She was shocked he even suggested such a thing.
"Why the hell not Kara?" Abel asked folding his arms and leaning back against his chair. "You can't have that nut jobs baby"
"It's my baby Abel. I thought you would at least support me!"
"How dare you! My daughter will not be having an abortion" Deloris threw her napkin down and stood up.
"I'm trying to do whats best for our daughter Deloris!"
"She's not like you Abe, she's not going to toss her child aside because it's convenient for her". She said poking him in the chest.
"Don't put your hands on my dad" Al spoke up.
Kara got up and walked into the kitchen. All the fighting was giving her a headache. She grabbed a knife and started slicing the peach cobbler.
"Kara"
She jumped when she heard her name. Looking over her shoulder, she saw Maylin standing there. "What do you want?" She asked watching her come forward.
"All the yelling was making me tense." Maylin walked over and took plates out of the cabinets and set them on the countertop. "I want to congratulate you on your pregnancy." She said "Your going to have a long road ahead of you with this baby. Your so young."
Kara stopped plating the cobbler. "You think I'm going to be a bad mother because of my age." She asked defensively.
Maylin shook her head "No, No, No. I think you'll make a great mother. It's just with the issues your having with it's father your going to need a lot of support. And with the way they are acting out there well....what I'm try to say is if you ever need to talk I'm here"
"Why are you being so nice to me? I've been nothing but mean to you" She asked. Tears forming in her eyes. Even after all she put this woman through she still found enough kindness in her heart to comfort her. Maylin gave her a gentle smile and stroked her hair.
"Because you are my husband's child. And despite what you think I do love you Kara, your the daughter I never had. May I?" she asked holding her arms out for a hug. Kara nodded her head and embraced Maylin. She cried on the woman's shoulder, letting out all the pent up emotions from the passing weeks. Maylin wiped her eyes and gave her a kiss on the cheek.
"Maylin I don't know how long it will take me to fully forgive you. But I'm honestly willing to give it a try." Kara replied.
"I understand and I can't wait for us to have a true mother-daughter relationship. Now, I want you to put your head up and shoulders back and go out there. You let your father and brother know that this is your life" She said taking Kara's hand,they walked back into the dining room. Everyone halted their arguing when they saw them holding hands.
"Maylin honey?" Abe along with the others had a look of confusion on their faces. Kara stepped forward still holding Maylins hand. Looking her father and brother in the eye she spoke sternly.
"I going to keep this baby. It's apart of me which means it's apart of you all. And if you love me you'll love this child. I'm going to be doing this with or without you but I really hope it's with you guys" She smiled when her dad and Abel pulled her and Maylin into a hug. Alastair soon followed after, he hoped to have a real relationship with his sister since she and his mother seemed to be getting along. No one noticed Deloris standing at the edge of the room with a look of fury on her face.

Deloris
She knew it. That bitch already took her husband now she was trying to take her daughter. Years and years if bashing this woman to Kara gone down the drain in one night. She wouldn't let that slut win again. Deloris facial expression turned sinister. Over her dead body would she lose her child. Well over Maylin's dead body would be more like it.


End Notes:
Thanks for the reviews.
Chapter 8 by DRESSA
Author's Notes:
All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

KARA
It was Monday morning and Kara was beyond happy. Her family was getting along better then ever. She and Alastair sat down and had an hour long talk and agreed to attempt to form a brother sister bond. He was now going to be coming to her weekly lunches she had with Abel. Dressed in white slacks, a burgundy cardigan, and burgundy ballerina slippers she headed to work. She had been emailing and conferencing with people she thought could help expand Mi Corazon all weekend. She knew that when she pitched the ideas she had to Noland she would definitely get promoted to head of the design department. She was also looking to become a partner in the company and she knew when he heard her plans she would be in for sure. Walking to the side entrance of the building she caught the elevator to the top floor. Noland had purchased a run down store and turned it into a boutique. He converted the two floor apartment upstairs into a large design studio and office space. When she walked into the office it was silent. It consisted of six bedrooms turned offices on the first floor, the living room was used as a waiting room, and the dining room was turned into a conference room. She and the three other main designers all had offices. Noland turned The master bedroom into his office, and hopefully when she got the raise she would get the second master bedroom that Noland was keeping empty until he picks a head designer. Kara went into her office and unpacked her bag. Sitting down at her desk she powered up her laptop and started typing up her presentation.
KNOCK KNOCK
"Hey Kara! Noland wants to see you in his office." Saundra said, she was Noland's secretary. Printing out a copy of her presentation she follows Saundra to Noland's office. He was sitting behind his desk looking at some files when she walked in. Steve Noland looks up, and points to the chair in front of his desk. Kara noticed he looked distraught.
"Noland are you ok?" she asked leaning forward and cups his hand.
"Kara I'm sorry." he sighed before continuing. "I have to let you go." he said looking down at their hands. Kara thought she heard wrong. He couldn't be letting her go, she was one of his best employees. Shaking her head no Kara pleaded with him.
"You can't fire me Noland. I've bought your company millions, I've been working for you for years. Please tell me your joking." Her eyes were filling up with tears. She saw the look of regret in his eyes and broke down. "I'm pregnant Noland. What am I suppose to do? I have to support myself" She said weeping. Noland shook his head. He hadn't known she was pregnant, that just makes his decision even harder now. "I so sorry Kara." turning away he silently dismissed her. Kara jumped up and ran to her office. Gathering her things she made her way to the elevator. Not paying attention she bumped into Jocelyn, Noland's wife.
"Kara honey what's the matter?" Jocelyn said grabbing Kara's shoulders. Kara pushed Jocelyn off of her and backed away. Looking up at the tall woman just made her cry harder.
"Your fucking husband fired me that's what wrong. No warning. Nothing" Kara walked by without another word leaving Jocelyn behind looking confused.

STEVE NOLAND
Noland looked over Kara's proposal. She had left it behind and it was truly amazing. With her plan they could have made the company ten times more then what they currently had.
"What the hell do you think your doing Noland!!" Jocelyn screamed and slammed the door shut behind her. "I just ran into Kara at the elevator and she said you fired her. Now I want an explanation." She sat down in a chair and stared at him waiting on an answer. Noland looked at his wife. She was still beautiful after twenty years of marriage. He sighed and pulled out a slip of paper from his desk drawer and handed it to her. She looked bewildered.
"I was working late last night when I got a visiter..."

FLASHBACK
Noland sat at his desk going over bank statements. He was going broke. Trying to hold up a business and take care of home was straining him. He borrowed against the house to keep the boutique afloat but now he was deeper in debt.
"Hello Mr. Noland" A voice said from the doorway.
Noland looked up at the person as he came closer. "Who the heck are you? How did you get in here?" He demanded to know. Noland glanced at his picture safe, there was know way he would be able to get his gun out if need be. The man held up his hands and laughed.
"Whoa Whoa. Calm down friend. I'm here to help you" He replied.
"How can you help me?" The man pointed to the chair and asked if he could sit down, Noland nodded his head. "Now how can you help me?" He asked again leaning back in his chair.
"I know about your financial problems Steve." The man smirked.
"How....?" He stammered but the man held up his hand and stopped him from speaking.
"Shhh. Now I did a little research on you Steve and it would seem you got yourself into quite a pickle here.You have two kids in college, your business is struggling, and you can't pay your mortgage. Oh and that little vacation home you keep in the Hampton's. Your going broke fast Steve." The man reached into jacket pocket and set the paper face up in front of him. Noland wiped his forehead and picked up the paper. He couldn't believe all this was happening. "What do you want?" He asked cautiously.
"I want you to fire Kara Watson." He stated bluntly.
"I can't just fire her. She's the only thing that's been keeping this place afloat. Why do you want this?" He asked sadly. The man just chuckled and looked at him.
"You don't worry yourself about that. Its either take the deal or watch your whole life crumble. Now do we have a deal Steve?" He stands up and holds out his hand. Noland reluctantly shook it. He felt like he was making a deal with the devil himself.
"Can I ask you your name?" He asked the man as he walked him to the elevator. The man shook his head no as the doors closed. Jonas was elated. He didn't think the fool would take him up on his offer.
END OF FLASH BACK

Jocelyn looked at the check $800,000 was a lot of money. And it would definitely clear up the debt her husband didn't think she knew about. She watched her husband squirm under her glare. Good he deserved to feel uncomfortable. "Ok Steve, heres what's going to happen. Your going to go to Kara's apartment and apologize. Your going to tell her why you fired her and beg for forgiveness"She smiled ripping up the check. "This all could have been avoided Steve had you spoken to me about our money issues." She watch as different emotions showed on his face. "Tomorrow I'm going to the bank and withdraw money from the trust my daddy left me and take care of everything."She said while fixing her  lipstick with a pocket mirror. Noland didn't even know her father left her a trust. He knew she had money when he passed away but he never knew about this account.
"Why didn't you tell me about this money. This whole thing could have been avoided." He said shamefaced. Jocelyn walked over to her husband and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Because I know how much you feel like you have to take care of me. But we're partners Steve and you have to trust me. Plus, my daddy left me that trust just in case I decided to come to my senses and leave you." She smiled and kissed his lips. He felt so lucky to have this woman, he thought as he undressed her. He didn't know how he was going to confront Kara but he'd think of something later

KARA-2 Days later
She collapsed on her sofa and kicked off her shoes. After a day of crying, throwing up and eating she finally decided to stop wallowing and started job hunting. So far she's struck out everywhere but she was determined. She opened her bag and started sorting her mail. Coming across a blank envelope she opened it and began to read. 
 Dear Tenants,
I regret to inform you that I have sold the building. Consider this a three week warning after which your are expected to vacate the property.
                  Sincerest Apologies
                      R. Lloyd
What the hell? She rushed over to her phone and dialed her landlords number. "Hi Mr. Lloyd, yes I just got it. No you can't do this...I know. But...I understand goodbye." Kara threw the phone against the wall and kicked it's stand over. "FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!" She screamed at the ceiling. Everything was going wrong for her. Placing her hand on her stomach she tried to calm herself down and keep from crying, but the tears came anyway. She laid down on the sofa and cried. That's how Jonas found her.


Chapter 9 by DRESSA
Author's Notes:
All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
JONAS
Jonas used the spare key he'd kept and walked into Kara's apartment. He decided to come over when he got the call from her landlord he'd been waiting on. Buying the building and giving him enough money to take care of his family for the next fifty years completed Jonas plan. Walking in he saw her asleep on the sofa. He kneeled next to her and stroked her cheek. She had been crying, both her eyes were puffy. Jonas kissed her awake.
"Sweetheart. Wake up please" He smiles when she opens her and sits up,
"J-Jonas, what are you doing her? How did you get in?" she panicked looking around. He put a finger on her month silencing her.
"I'm hungry. How about you?" Getting up he walked into the kitchen. He heard he yelling at him from the other room. He made them a small chicken chicken salad and grabbed a bowl of grapes and took it into the living room. Sitting in the recliner chair across from her he began eating. When he looked up he looked at her plate then back her. She just stared at him.
"Eat, I won't let you starve our child" He said pushing the plate closer to her. She was about to speak but he stopped her."Eat now talk later." He watched her shovel down the food and laughed mentally. She looked beautiful stuffing her face. He couldn't wait to see her belly get bigger. When she was done she sat her plate back on the table and looked at him expectantly. He moved over and sat next to her.
"How do you know I'm pregnant?" She demanded to know. "Are you following me?"
"No!" He chuckled. "No, Maryann went into your bag while she was here." He twirled a strand of her hair around his finger, tugging slightly. "I also know your jobless and soon to be homeless." She turned and looked at him. Her mouth hanging open. He pushed her chin up and closed her mouth. "I know, I know. You are wondering how I came across this information. Well I paid your boss $800,000 to fire you and I bought this very building to evict you." She jumped up and started screaming at him but he just tuned her out. He wanted her to come home with him where she belonged, he'd already set up her room and couldn't wait for her to see it. As much as he loved seeing her mad it was getting boring. He walked over to her and grabbed her flailing wrist and leaned down to look her in the eye.
"Kara. Shut up." He growled. That only made her madder and she started kicking him in the shins with her tiny feet. Damn she was strong for such a little person. He tightened his grip on her and held her still. "Your coming home with me. Now we can do this the easy way where you pack your stuff and leave willingly. Or we can do this the hard way and I toss you over my shoulder like a cave man and carry you out. What will it be hmmm?" He asked raising his brows.

KARA
No this bastard didn't think that he was going to control her life. She'd worked hard for everything she had and know he was trying to take it all away. No she wasn't going to let him have her that easily. If he wanted her he'd gave to do some real work instead of sneaking around.
"Fine Jonas. You want me you got me." She watch his face transform from rage into glee. "But only under my terms will I come with you." She snatched her wrist out of his grasped and sat down on the edge of the sofa. He stood before her muscles straining against his shirt. He was gorgeous. She reached into his pants pocket, pulled out his blackberry and put it in his hand. "Take notes Jonas, your going to need them". She noticed his hesitation and motioned her hands at him to continue. She choose to address her issues in the order that they came in. "First, when our child is born we will have joint custody but he or she will live with me full-time." He stopped typing and was about to speak but she cut him off with the palm if her hand. "I'm not done. Yon can speak when I'm finished or get out understood?" He nods reluctantly. "Good. As I was saying. When said child is born your going to set up three accounts in his or her name. One for their monthly needs, one for their college education, and one for whatever they chose that will be accessible when they turn twenty-five." She walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge. Taking a sip as she went and sat back down. He'd accepted the terms about their child but she wondered how he would react to her next demands. "Now since you want to play Mr. Big Shot by throwing your money around to get what you want, your going to throw some of it my way." He arched his brows and looked at her questioningly. "I have no job because of you. I love designing so your going front the money for me to start up my own clothing line, no questions asked. And since I'm going to be homeless your going to buy me a house of my choosing. Oh, and any sex will be when I want it not you" She took a deep breath and another sip of water of water when she was done rambling. He smiled at her and raised his hand.
"You can speak now." She said rolling her eyes.
"What do I get out of this whole thing." He asked.
"You get me to leave with you willingly and access to your child." She smiled back at him. "So? What do you say?"
"Ok" He said shrugging his shoulders. "I'll humor you for now. But know that I'm letting you have your way for now." He laughed. "Should we kiss on it?" He asked walking towards her. She backed away and picked up the phone and started dialing
"Who are you calling?" He asked curiously. She smirked at him over her shoulder.
"I'm calling my dad so he can get the papers drawn up. Just think of it as a delayed prenuptial agreement. She laughed as the smile fell off his face. There was no way she was going into this without back up.

End Notes:
Thanks for the support. Your comments keep me going!!!!
Chapter 10 by DRESSA
Author's Notes:
All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
KARA- 1 Day Later
She sighed as she finished eating her cereal. She had a busy day ahead of her today. Jonas would be here to pick her up any minute now. They had meetings with two different real estate agents. The first one was taking them to look at potential store front properties and the other agent was showing them residential properties. She didn't expect to find anything today but she was hopeful. She had her father fax over the prenup to Jonas who signed it immediately. She spent two hours on the phone with her dad trying to calm him down until she convinced him. Kara looked at her wrist watch and noticed that Jonas was late. She hoped he wasn't going back on their deal. Her cellphone vibrated. Looking at the screen it was a text message from Jonas saying he was out side waiting. Grabbing her purse and jacket she ran downstairs to the car and got in. He was quite. Too quite.
"Are you ok?" She asked concerned. He nodded his head but gave no further explanation. Deciding to leave it alone Kara stared out of the side window. She looked down when she felt his hand on her leg then looked back up at him but he just kept his eyes on the road. He was trying to make up ignoring her. Twenty minutes later they arrived at the real estate agents office. After an hour of driving around they didn't find anything. They said goodbye to the agent and made their way to their next appointment. Pulling in front of a two story white colonial, they got out of the car. Standing in the drive way were a man and woman. The woman rushed forward with her hand out toward Jonas. He shook her hand.
"Hi, you must be Mr. Darley. My name is Alison Baker, I'm going to be showing you around today?" She said in a sultry voice. Kara slipped in between the two and held out her hand to Alison who reluctantly took it.
"I'm Mrs. Darley, his wife." She smiled staking her claim. Jonas leaned down and whispered in her ear.
"Put your claws away kitty cat" He purred and she elbowed him in the stomach.
"Who's he?" She asked nodding at the man who came forward and introduced himself as Greg Allen. He was the second agent Jonas hired to help them. House after house they looked at on Alison's list but she didn't see anything she wanted. On the way to the next place she saw it. Her dream house, it was a three story home, white with a ruby red doors and window shutters. She squealed scaring Jonas who pulled over and asked her what was wrong. Kara unbuckled her seat belt and jumped out of the car. She stood at the edge of the walk way and stared in awe at the house. Alison was behind her searching her list trying to find the house.
"Im sorry it's not on my list so it must be owned by another realtor agency." She said. Greg stepped forward and took a folder out of his brief case.
"That's because it's on my list Ali." He said smirking at her. "When I interviewed them...because you were too busy, I found out that Mrs. Darley's favorite color was red. So I took all the listing with red features and gave you the rest." He gloated.
"I want this house Jonas." She exhaled turning to him placing her hands on his chest and looked up at him.
"Are you sure?" He asked staring into her eyes. She nodded. He glances at Greg briefly. "Take us on a tour of this place." He said wrapping his arm around her as they followed Greg into the house. No one noticed Alison huffing and puffing behind them.
The house consisted of a master bedroom with a full bathroom attached, five bedrooms, four baths, a office, a chefs kitchen, a dining room, a sunken living room, a den, a studio off the kitchen, and huge backyard with a pool. Kara was in love. She didn't need to see anymore places, this was what she wanted. After giving Jonas the go ahead he walked of with Greg and discussed payments. Leaving her in the room with a pouting Alison.

JONAS
Five million dollars is what he spent on the house. She was really making him work for it. After signing the papers putting the house in her name they escorted Greg out who was happy about the commission he made and getting one over on Alison, they walked to the backyard and sat with their feet in the pool eating Chinese food. He was debating on if he should tell her what was bothering him this morning. He decided that the truth was the best. Clearing his throat he set his container down and stared at her before speaking.
"The reason I was angry this morning was because if Maryann." She stopped eating and looked out at the pool. The subject of his other wives was still sensitive to her. "She's mad at me because I'm buying you a house. She feels that I shouldn't be bending to your will so easily." He grabbed her hand and kissed her fingers. "But I can't seem to help myself."
"So she's jealous of me?" She asked pulling her hand away. Jonas thought he saw a hint of mischief in her eyes but as quickly as it came it was gone.
"I think so." He said after a minute.
"Does she have a reason to be?" She asked picking up her fork. He remained quiet. He refused to give her more leverage by telling her yes.

KARA-2 WEEKS LATER
Kara was excited, everything was finally done. She got all the decorating done within a week with the help of her mother and Maylin. Now all she had to do had wait. She and Jonas decided to have a meet and greet between their two families. She invited everyone except Maryann and Sam, she wanted immediate family only. Her mother was the first to arrive followed by her father, brothers, and Maylin. Not long after Jonas arrived with his family. It was like one of those old western movies where the cowboys and the Indians are about to have a show down. Her father and brothers were sizing Jonas up, but he held his own. She choose to intervene before one of them threw a fist.
"Well now that everyone has met each other why don't we sit down before dinner and talk." She said taking everyone into the den.
"So Kara, what is it that you think you can bring my son?" Stacey asked "I mean your an unemployed designer what can you bring to the table."
Kara laughed. She knew out of everyone Jonas mother would be the one to draw guns first.
"I'm bringing myself and our child to the table. Not that it's any of your business Stacey." She smiled when her mother in-law stiffened and stuck her nose in the air.
"You won't be accepted into this family so.." Stacey was cut off by her husbands fierce glare. After putting his wife in her place with a stern look he turned to Kara and took her hands in his.
"You my dear are more then welcome into my home whenever you like. Im glad my son found a beauty like you." He kissed her on the cheek and sat back, ignoring his wife glares. Sheldon, Shannon, and Keyshia all gave her the same greeting welcoming her into the family. She wasn't surprised that her family didn't give Jonas the same greeting, well everyone except her mother who absolutely loved him. The rest of the evening went pretty well until her dad and brothers demanded that Jonas come outside with them so they could talk. Kara watched Jonas leave out the sliding doors with his dad and brother right behind him. She tried to go spy on them but her mother dragged her into the den with the other women.

JONAS
He had known this day was coming he thought as a punch landed against his jaw. What he thought was going to be a normal talk between a father and son-law turned into a all out brawl with him fighting Abe who could move well for a man his age and his dad and brother fighting Kara's brothers. He threw a punch connecting with Abe's gut. Then received a swift kick to the nuts. Falling down he cupped himself and curled up. Abe was next to him holding his stomach.
"I hate you." he grunted at Jonas. Jonas opened one eye since the other was starting to swell.
"You can hate me all you want. I won't waste my time hating you. Instead I'll  continue to love your daughter." He said between deep breaths. Abe stood up and held out his hand which Jonas took.
"You hurt my little girl and I'll kill you." Abe said pulling him up. Jonas laughed.
"I wouldn't expect anything less from you." He said as he helped his dad and Sheldon up. They all gave as good as the got and they looked terrible.

DELORIS
She walked over to Maylin who was sitting down in front of the fire.
"I want to make amends to you for how I've treated you." She said to the woman that ruined her family. Maylin tilted her head the the side and looked at her confused.
"Why are you apologizing now?" She asked bluntly. Deloris sighed and folded her hands in her lap.
"Well I feel like if my daughter can try to forgive you then so can I." She said
"Then I want to give you my sincerest apologies as well. I was at fault in this and you had every right to hate me." Maylin said giving her a smile before returning to her tea. Deloris was livid she hated having to apologize to that bitch, but she knew in order to carry out her plan she had to pretend to want peace.

KARA
"You all should be ashamed of yourselves." She yelled once again at her fathers and brothers as she walked them out. Once they were gone she turned on Jonas. "You look horrible. God I can't believe you all!" He had a black eye and traces of a bloody nose. She picked up a ice pack that her mother put together and pressed it against his eye.
"Well tonight was a success so calm down." He said kissing her neck.
"I can't calm down when your black and blue." She sighed enjoying his lips. He looked at her with one eye
"Then kiss it and make it better." He whispered against her breast as he pulled her down on the floor.

MARYANN & SAM
Maryann slipped on her silk robe and blew out the candles. She had planned a candle light dinner with Jonas but he never showed up. It was 1am and she knew he was still with Kara. It was her night and he was suppose to come home after the dinner party. Wiping her eyes she finished putting everything away before going to bed. Sam watched Maryann go crying to her room. Maryann thought she was stupid, but she knew this was coming Jonas was falling even deeper for Kara soon there would be no more room for her and Maryann in his heart. Unlike Maryann, she only played dumb. She didn't plan on being left with nothing but the hope that he'll come around. Climbing back into bed she picked up the phone. "Hey baby, yeah i'm back." She giggled. 
 

End Notes:
Thanks. Loving the comments
Chapter 11 by DRESSA
Author's Notes:

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 Trevor Carmine (Before) Mona Carmine (After)


KARA-1 Month Later
Kara exhaled. She had one more interview left before her day was over.  After going through the interview process trying to find employees for her studio she realized she was going to need help. Looking over the resume in front of her then back up at the applicant. Her name was Mona Carmine but on paper her birth name was Trevor Carmine. She was a six foot tall drag queen with blond hair and gorgeous. Kara cleared her throat and tried to think of what to say. Mona laughed.
"Girl, stop acting all nervous. I know I'm not your run of the mill interviewee. But I have to eat too." She gave her a wide grin. Kara smiled back.
"Well, Mona I have to say you were a shocker coming in here. You seem qualified for the position. I'm looking for someone that can help me inside and outside of work." She said folding her hands on the desk. "Doing basic stuff like helping put together portfolios, presentations, hiring and firing employees, you know stuff like that. I may have you collect my dry cleaning every now and then." She gave Mona a winning smile.
"I can handle all that stuff." Mona paused before continuing. "Look I could really use this job. I have old student loans and tons of make up to buy honey." She said crossing her long legs. Kara laughed out loud. This could actually work out she thought as she tapped her pen on the desk.
"Ok. You hired, but on one condition." She smiled at Mona's eagerness. "You have to be a model for a men's line I'm thinking about creating. Mona snapped her mouth shut then jumped up and hugged Kara over the table.
"I swear you won't regret this girl! When do I start?" She asked excitedly.
"Right now" Kara laughed. She couldn't help it Mona's laughter was just contagious. They spent all day filling out orders forms for fabrics and accessories. They were having a late dinner at the studio  when Jonas called looking for her, after she told him she would be home late she hung up and gave Mona the 411 on everything.
"Damn girl! Your life is straight out of a soap opera." She said laughing. Kara held her belly she was laughing so hard.

JONAS
After getting off the phone with Kara he went back into the room they decided was going to be they nursery. He knew it was still early but he couldn't wait to get started, he'd painted the entire room a forest green color and wanted it to be a surprise to Kara. He hadn't been home in over three weeks, of course he talked to Maryann and Sam but he hasn't seen them in a while . It wasn't planned or anything he just couldn't snatch himself away from Kara. He'd go check on them in the morning. Until then he'd get back to decorating the baby's room.

MAYLIN
Damn, Abe was going to be so pissed at her. She was late getting home. Looking a her watch it read 10pm, she hadn't realized it was so late. She was so busy running errands, then she came across this baby boutique and couldn't resist buying her future grandchild a few things. She parked her car in a underground parking lot. Besides her Toyota there were a few cars scattered about the lot. As she reached into her purse for her keys she sensed something amiss and looked over her shoulder. Standing less then fifteen feet away was someone dressed in all black from head to toe. Her heart raced as she turned back around and frantically searched for her keys. She screamed when a hand grabbed the back of her neck in a death grip and spun her around, slamming her back against the car. She tried pleading with her eyes but it didn't seem to be getting her anywhere.
"Please I-I, I have a family that's waiting at home for me. I have to get going." She said panicking. She turns her back on the person in hopes they would just leave but she only received with a punch to her spine. Maylin collapsed onto the cement. She was about to get up when she saw the lights reflect off something. A knife. She didn't remember the act it self. She just knew the pain was worse then anything she'd ever felt. She laid there bleeding, wondering how long it would take her to die. That was her last thought as she passes out.

ABE
He looked at the bedside clock. It was now midnight and Maylin hadn't called. Now he was beyond worried.
RING RING RING RING
He looked at the caller I.D. he didn't  recognize the number but picked up the receiver anyway.
"Watson resident, yes this is he. WHAT!!! Oh my god. Is she ok? Yes! Yes! I'm on my way" He said. Not bothering to change out his pjs he grabbed his keys and called his kids on the way to the hospital.

KARA
She slipped into bed next to Jonas and inhaled his sent. He rolled over and pulled her into his arms. She snuggled closer to him.
"Your late." He said with a growl. She smirked
"I was having dinner with my new assistant." She said yawning. She waited on his reply but never got one he'd fallen asleep. Kara rolled over onto her side and looked at the clock. It was only 2am noticing her cellphone blinking she picked it and opened it. She had five missed calls and three messages, all from her dad and brothers. Checking her voicemail she listened to her dad frantic voice each message was the same, telling her to get to the hospital and that Maylin was hurt. She jumped outbid bed and grabbed a pair of sweats and a tank.
"Mmmmm, where are you going." Jonas asked groggy. She tossed him his clothes and told him where they were going. With Jonas speeding and running the occasional red light they made it there in fifteen minutes. They rushed to elevator and up to where her dad told her to come.
"Dad! What the hell is going on?" She cried when she saw them.
Running over she embraced her father and brothers.
"I don't know anything yet. All I know is that she's in surgery right now. Apparently someone tried to mug her. Her purse was gone." He said distraught. Kara held his hand. It seemed like they waited forever before the doctor showed up, when he did everyone rushed him for answers.
"My name is Dr. Alexi and I the surgeon who's worked on tour wife Mr. Watson." He said shaking Abe's hand "If you would all dot down I'd like to explain Maylin's injuries." Everyone took a seat and waited for him to speak.
"Just tell us if she's going to be ok." Abe  said fearful.
"Well Mr. Watson, I wish it were that simple. Your wife was stabbed eight times. We managed to stop the internal bleeding. She was also hit in her spine which damaged it severely. During surgery I was able to place it back into position but during the process she slipped into a coma." He finished and gave his apologies before leaving. Her father fell to his knees and cried. Jonas was on the floor comforting him while she held her brothers.

DELORIS
She walked over to the fireplace and sat cross legged in front of the flames with a cup of hot cocoa. After taking a sip she put the cup down next to her. Looking at the spread before her, she couldn't help but grin. One by one she tossed all of Maylins belongings into the fire. She could feel all the pain that woman caused her melting off of her bones. At first she planned on hiring some thug to do it for her but she changed her mind and was glad she did. There was no greater feeling in the world then the one she felt when she was sticking her blade into that bitches gut. Speaking of which, after she finished burning all the items she cleaning out the fireplace and dumped it in the trash then went into the kitchen. Reaching her hand in the sink she pulled out the knife, wiped it off then placed it back in it's holder. She spent the last few hours soaking it in bleach. Turning of the kitchen light, she walked back into the living room and continued drinking her hot cocoa.

End Notes:
Thanks For the comments :))
Chapter 12 by DRESSA
Author's Notes:

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

ABE-1 Week Later
 He sat by his wife's beside and read her a story. He did that everyday hoping that she would hear his voice and wake up. Nothing seem to be working. He heard a small cough and looked over his shoulder to see who caused the noise. Deloris was standing in the doorway with a bouquet of lilies. Maylins favorite flower.
 "What are you doing here Deloris?" He demanded to know. She opened her mouth then closed it again like she was struggling to find the words.
 "I wanted to bring these flowers by. I know they are her favorites." She said with a gentle smile on her face. "We haven't always got along, she and I. But I admired the courage and grit that she had to stick it out and deal with everything i said to her." She cried silent tears. Abe got up and embraced her. He felt like Deloris was finally being open and honest.
 "She told me how you two came together and made peace." He said smiling at her. She nodded her head a smiled back.
 "I realized how petty I was being. Holding on to a 25 year old grudge. Plus seeing how Jonas's mother didn't accept Kara made me think. I don't want our grandchild to come into this world with a broken family. I just wish I realized sooner." She laid her head on his shoulder and cried. Abe patted her back until she was done.
 "Hey why don't we get out of here and go get some lunch." She said wiping her eyes. He wad going to protest when she interrupted him.
 "She's going to be fine Abe. You on the other hand need to eat something other then hospital food." She said giving him an amused grin. Nodding his head ok he went and gave Maylin a kiss before Deloris pulled him out of the room. 

KARA
She reached out and squeezed Mona's left boob, then the right one.
 "They don't come off." She said confused. Mona laughed and shook her head.
 "Duh girl I have implants." She said coming down from her laugh.
 "Had I known they were implants I wouldn't have asked you to be a model for my male line." She sighed and shook her head at her stupidity.
 "Well look at it this way. Now we get to look at some fine men when we try to find a new model." She said giving Kara a high-five. Her business was doing very well. Unlike Noland she kept her design studio in a separate building which was next door. Right now they were in the studio.
 "Well look at this red headed she devil." Mona said pointing at the door. Turning around Kara saw Maryann walking towards them. She knew her day was going to be a shitty one.
 "Maryann. Ummm what are you doing here?" She asked trying to sound pleasant as she walked Maryann to her office and watched her take a seat. "I want you to divorce Jonas." She stated without hesitation. Kara was baffled and wasn't sure of what she should say.
 "Why?" she asked curiously. Taking a seat at her desk.
 "Did you know that I was the one that introduced Jonas to polygamy when we were kids?" She asked. "My father was  a polygamist. He had four wives so I come from a big family. So when got I older I wanted the same thing with Jonas. I imagined that me and the other wives would be so close with each other. Like sister-wives." She laughed
 "Isn't that a tv show." Kara asked but only got a blank stare.
 "Everything was perfect until you came along Kara. I had accepted that he actually married you. And though it hurt I even accepted that your carrying his child when I can't. I put all that aside because I love him, but when you started demanding things from him and he gave them to you that pissed me off. Instead of falling in line behind me and Sam you had to go off and do your own thing. Now he rarely comes home." Maryann exhaled deeply.
 "Wait a minute. You blame me because he would rather spend his time with me rather then you." She asked amused.
 "Don't take him away from me Kara. He already married you what more do you want?" She asked with a slight attitude. Kara was confused by all this.
 "Why the hell do you keep stressing the fact that he married me? He married you also. Hell he married you first." She said looking at the tense red head. Who look at her like she fell of the stupid bus.
 "Since polygamy is illegal in the U.S. Jonas and I, along with he and Sam have a common law marriage. So imagine my surprise when you come prancing in our lives wearing his grandmother's wedding ring. He never once propose to me." She said looking at Kara with distain. She was shocked. He actually married her and not them. She felt selfish but she didn't care.
 "Maryann thanks for the talk. But I really have to get back to work." She told her as she escorted her out.
 "But what about our talk?" She asked while being pushed outside. Kara looked her over and sighed.
 "I'm not even going to entertain the thought of divorcing Jonas and I think he would be really disappointed in you Maryann." She said closing the door in the woman's face. She headed back to her office and called Jonas and let him know what happened. Later that day Al came by to take her to dinner.
 "Aww honey I can't right now I'm sorry." She hugged him. "How are you doing baby." He looked tired and sad.
 "Umm just trying to stay strong for mom. Hey why don't we save this talk for later ok?" He said giving her a hug. After rescheduling their dinner date he left her office.

ALASTAIR
 Walking out of Kara's office he saw the most beautiful woman walking his way. She had a hour glass figure that sat on top of the longest legs he'd ever seen. She was moving past him with her head down. He grabbed her elbow and spun her around before she could get any further. He knew it, she had the most gorgeous grey eyes he'd ever seen. He took her hand in his and kissed it.
 "My name name is Alastair. Whats yours?" He smirked when as she stared at him wide eyed.
 "I-I. You Kara's brother." She said still in shock. "I'm her secretary." She said shuffling papers on her desk.
 "Well Kara's secretary, why don't you have dinner with me to night." He said giving her a charming smile.
 "My name is Mona and I don't think that would be a good idea. Your my boss's brother after all." She said. Mona, he knew she would have a beautiful name.
 "Well it's just dinner and my sister cancelled on me so I could use the company." He gave her his infamous puppy dog look. She rolled her eyes and smiled.  "Please."
 "Ok, but no funny stuff." She said shaking her finger at him. After telling Kara she was leaving for the night he escorted her out. He took them to his favorite Mexican restaurant. They chatted and talked. He told her all about his motorcycle shop and she told him all about her dream of becoming a designer. He felt like he'd known her for years. After dinner he drove her home. It was a comfortable silence as they stared at each other outside of her building.
 "Do you want to come up?" She asked pointing at her building. He smiled and nodded. Placing his hand on the small of her back he let her lead the way.

JONAS
 He stormed into the house and yelled Maryann's name. She came running downstairs in her pjs and tried to jump into his arms but he pushed her off.
 "What the hell did you think you were going to accomplish by telling Kara to divorce me." He demanded to know. She held her head up and looked in his eyes.
 "I was trying to make this family whole again Jonas. Since she's come along your never home. You don't even touch me anymore." She said unashamed
 "I'm sorry if you feel that way but you should have came to me and not her." He said accusing.
 "Jonas I want to say something." Sam said from behind them. They turned to look at her. "I'm going to be leaving soon. I met a man and he's amazing. I'm in love Jonas." She gave him a small smile. Jonas walked over to her and cupped her cheek.
 "Is it true love Sam?" He asked sincerely. She nodded her head. She was glad that he was taking this so well.
 "Its the type of love you feel for Kara, what you could never feel completely for us." She pointed between her and Maryann.
 "That's not true Sam. He may not have loved you completely but he loves you with all his being. Right Jonas?" She yelled. He ignored her.
Sam laughed at her. "You keep telling yourself that sweetheart." She said smirking. Jonas stared at her. She was his favorite out of the two. Always had her own mind and was never afraid to speak it.
 "I'll contact my lawyer and have him set an account aside for you." He said stroking her cheek.
 "I don't need anything Jonas. You've given me so much already." She said "Plus my new guy is pretty well off." He laughed. He was going to miss her. "Samantha just humor me this just once. Plus I don't want you going into this with nothing. And I expect to meet this guy of yours to make sure he's good enough for you." He said hugging her. "I'm going to miss you sweetie."
 "I'm going to miss you too Jonas." She said crying. "Well I better go finish packing." Giving him one last kiss on the lips she went back to her bedroom. Jonas touched his lips. He hadn't felt anything from that kiss. Turning away he started out the door.
 "Jonas where are you going?" Maryann shouted. Not looking over his shoulder he shouted back at her.
 "Im going home."

MONA
 She stretched her limbs and yawned. Her body ached. Looking at her wall clock she realized it wad only 1am. Looking over at the form next to her, she was filled with shame. She should have told Al about herself before they went to bed together, he was just so charming and sweet. And she was just so use to guy using her as a experiment that she didn't know how to act when he started hitting on her. She was about to wake him up and tell him to go when she felt strong fingers creeping up her body. For the third time that night she succumbed to her desires. 


Chapter 13 by DRESSA
Author's Notes:
 All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Kara-2 Days Later
 She rubbed her expanding belly. She couldn't button up her jeans anymore.    Taking out a red and grey floral print dress out of her closet she got dressed. She was having her first sonogram today and she was so excited. Jonas was even more excited then she was. He had been pacing around the room rushing her to get dressed all morning.
 "Come on Kara the sooner you get dressed the sooner we get to see our baby." He said nervously. She laughed and slipped on her dress and flats. He grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the house and into his mustang. He was nearly speeding down the road, Kara placed her hand on his thigh and squeezed.
 "Slow down before you get a ticket." She said giving him an amused grin. He looked at her and took a deep breath.
 "I'm just so nervous babe. We're seeing our kid today." He said grinning. They parked the car and made their way to doctors office.
She choose Dr. Amelia Vasquez. She came highly recommend. They were lucky that she was even accepting new patients. Jonas walked over to the nurses station and checked them in. When he came back he picked up a magazine and started reading to her. After thirty minutes the nurse escorted them to the exam room. Dr. Vasquez was already waiting on them.
 "Hello, I'm Dr. Vasquez." She smiled at them and shook their hands. After exchanging pleasantries Kara got up on the exam table and laid down. Dr. Vasquez told her to lift up her dress then proceeded to put gel on her belly. Kara shuttered  that stuff was cold.
"Ok let's see. Aww here we are." She said moving the wand around and pointing at the screen. "That's your baby." She said smiling. Kara was breathless as she listened to her baby's heartbeat. Jonas was squeezing her hand and glazing in her eyes. She wiped his tears away.
 "Everything looks in order. Your progressing nicely Kara." She smiled at the happy couple. She prescribed Kara more vitamins and set up another appointment date. Walking out Jonas wrapped his arms around het waist and stroked her stomach as  they walked to the car. She couldn't stop looking at her sonogram picture.
 "Let's go get some lunch and feed our baby." He said opening up her door and giving her a sweet kiss on the lips. She sighed and nodded.

THE DARLEY ESTATE
 Stacey gracefully sat down crossed her legs and gave her guest a once over before taking a sip of tea. She wondered what Maryann wanted now.
 "What can I do for you today Maryann?" She asked sitting her cup back down. She watched the girl fidget.
 "I need your help getting rid of Kara. I know how much you dislike her because she's black so I figured you'd be willing to help me." She said slouching in her chair. Stacey rolled her eyes, she didn't really hate the girl she just didn't believe in interracial dating and definitely not marriages. She actually admired the girl's guts.
 "As much as I'd love to help you get rid of Jonas's chocolate queen. I can't." She said watching the girl. "I'm already in the dog house with my husband so to speak and I refuse to make it worse."
 "But you have to help me I don't know what else to do." Maryann cried "I can't lose him."
  Stacey was beyond annoyed now. She had her own problems to deal with.
 "Have you no shame? I mean really. Maybe if you had a backbone like that girl then Jonas wouldn't be leaving you. How dumb could you be? He legally married her, bought her a house, and funded her career and they weren't even married two months, you've been with him for six years and have nothing to show for it." Stacey chastised her. She didn't want her son with Kara but she was a hell of a lot better then Maryann. Standing up she looked down at the crying girl. "Why don't you take the hint and just leave with whatever dignity you don't have left." She said walking away from the girl.

JONAS
After dropping Kara off at her studio he went back home where he invited his father, siblings, and niece over. He was currently watching Sheldon have a tickle  fight with Keyshia. His sister came and sat next to him.
 "I think I'm going to introduce Key to her father." She she said. He wasn't even aware she knew where the man was.
 "Are you sure about that?" He asked. She nodded and watched their father and Sheldon chase Keyshia around.
 "Yeah I'm sure. She's going to need her father. I don't want her to lose anymore time with him." She said looking sad. He put a arm around her shoulder and pulled her close.
 "Oh hey! Did I show you my kid?" he asked excitedly as he pulled the photo out of his back pocket. He handed it to her proudly.
 "Oh jonas I'm so happy for you." She said smiling and giving him a hug."So ummm not to be a downer but what are you going to do about Maryann?" She asked seriously. He stiffened at the mention of her name.
 "I can't keep her happy the way she expects. I hate to say this but she's gotten so needy and demanding." He said sadly "I don't feel as strongly as I did before for her." Shannon nodded understanding. He was so in love with Kara that he couldn't imagine anyone else.
 "You need to end it with her Jonas. We all know that your madly in love with Kara and your not going to leave her so you have to let Maryann go. Sure you don't want to hurt her but the longer you wait the worse it's going to get." He looked at her and nodded. He wondered how she got so wise and asked her.
 "Duh from watching my bone head big brothers make mistakes." She said laughing.

DELORIS
 It was the third day in a row that she and Abe had lunch together. This time she made them a homemade lunch. He now sat in the den waiting for her to bring him a drink. She made a pitcher of long island ice tea with special ingredient to help him relax, while she was making the drink she slipped a few crushed up Rohypnol pills into it. She sashayed into the den with the pitcher and two cups. She caught him looking a her legs out the corner of his eyes as she pours him a glass. She knew he was a leg man so she deliberately wore a short skirt. At the age of 42 years old she was still good looking and had a body that most women would kill for. She took pride in it and worked out everyday. She handed him his cup and sat down close to him not bothering to pull down her skirt as it slide up her thighs when she crossed her legs. She watched as he finished his drink in two gulps. She poured him another and grabbed her own and took baby sips.
 "Did you know our daughter had her first sonogram today?" She asked stroking his neck. She knew the drugs were taking affect when he didn't push her hand away.
 "Yes, s-she...she sent me a uh fax this afternoon." His words slurred and his eyes drooped. She knew that this was her window of opportunity. She stood up and started undressing. When she was finished she went to work on his clothes. When she saw a look of confusion in his eyes she pushed his cup against his lips making him take another swallow. When she was done undressing him she kneeled on the carpeted floor and started stimulating him with her mouth. She missed the taste of him. When he was hard enough she climbed onto his lap and slid down onto him. They both let out a satisfying moan.
 "Ugh...Mmmhm. What are you doing?" He whispered. She gave him a deep kiss.
 "Shhh, just enjoy the feeling baby." She moaned as she rode him faster. He held on to her hips. She was cumming and from the way his cock twitched inside of her she knew he was also. They had climaxed together like the old days. She collapsed next to him. When she caught her breath she lowered her hand and prepared him for the next round.

MONA
 She rushed into Kara's office scaring her. She needed to figure out what to do fast. She and Alastair had been shacked up in her apartment for the last three days. Now she needed advice on what she should do. She dreaded telling Kara.
 "Sorry I scared you girl." She said taking a seat. "Kara I've messed up big time and I don't know what to do." She ran her fingers through het hair and noticed she was shaking. Kara got up and took a sit next to her.
 "Honey whats wrong? Your shaking like a leaf." Kara asked holding her hands. Mona bursted into tears. She hoped Kara would forgive her.
 "I had sex with Al." She said with her head down.
 "Al who?" Kara asked confused. Mona lifted her head up and looked her in the eye.
 "Your brother. I didn't plan it. It just happened." She rambled off. Kara let go of her hands and set back in the chair.
 "I don't understand Mona. My brother isn't gay. And I'm pretty sure that if he found a penis on you, you wouldn't be sitting here right now." She laughed. Mona winced and took a deep breath.
 "I had the operation last year Kara. I didn't tell Al anything about my sexual orientation." She said. "We've spent the last few days at my place making love and I don't know what to do. I think might be falling but it's so early." She looked at Kara who had a vacant expression on her face.
 "Are fucking crazy?! How dare you put him in a position like this?" She screamed  "You better tell him Mona or so help me god I will kick your fucking ass." She got up and started pacing.
 "I don't know how to tell him Kara. It's not that easy to go up to someone and say 'Hey I use to have a dick' it's not, it's scary and he's such a good man." She said trying to make her understand but she knew that she wasn't going to receive any sympathy if the hard look in her eyes were anything to go by.
 "You either tell him by tomorrow or I will." She said bluntly before grabbing her things and walking out.


End Notes:
Thanks for the support and commets :))
Chapter 14 by DRESSA
Author's Notes:

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 Marcus Filmmay

(Later Characters)

 Lareana Filmmay

 Marcus Filmmay Jr.

SHANNON-1 Day Later
 She took a sip of her coffee and looked at her watch. She was meeting Keyshia's father here today at a local cafe near Sheldon's apartment to tell him about their daughter. She pulled out her magazine and began to look at the latest kids fashion. She didn't notice the tall figure come and stand at the table until she heard a deep voice.
 "Well if it isn't Shannon Darley." said Marcus Flimmay. Shannon stood up and let him give her a bear hug. She laughed and patted his back as he squeezed her.
 "Marcus! It's so good to see you again." She said once he let her down and they took a seat. They sat there staring at each other for a good minute. Both remembering things they hadn't thought about in years.
 "So can I order you anything?." She asked nervously. He shook his head and leaned back in his seat.
 "Imagine my surprise when you called me." He said laughing and shaking his head. "So...What can I do for you Shan?" He asked using her old nickname. She twiddled her thumbs and and looked down.
 "It's not what you can do for me per-say. It's more on the lines of what you can do for our daughter." She said looking at him. He was in shock. And it showed on his face.
 "Daughter?" He asked trying to make sure he heard her right. She nodded and watch the emotion play across his face.
 "What do you mean daughter?" He asked seriously. She told him everything from the moment she found out she was pregnant until now. He looked furious. If he was lighter his entire face would be red.
 "Let me get this straight. Instead of finding me so I could raise her, you pawned her off onto your elderly grandmother?" He asked bitterly.
 "No. No, it's not like that Marcus." She pleaded "I was scared and I had my mother breathing down my neck." She tried to reason with him.
 "I want to see her. Today." He demanded. "I don't give a damn about fears right now." She nodded her head in agreement and paid for her coffee.

KARA
 Kara walked through the Darley law office she waved and said hi to everyone she passed. When she got to his office she sat her basket on the ground. He was sitting behind his desk hunched over typing on his laptop.
 "Hey babe" She said walking around his desk and sitting in his lap. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her lips.
 "What are you doing here sweetie?" He asked caressing her belly. She kissed his chin and pointed to the basket she came in with.
 "I thought we could go to the park and have a picnic for lunch." She laughed at him, he had the goofiest smile on his face. She moaned as his hand slid up her skirt. He stroked her sweet spot and sucked on her ear. Kara reached down, unzipped his pants and cupped him. He let out a deep groan.
 "Keep that up and we won't make it to that picnic." He murmured against her ear. Kara gripped his cock and while he moved her thong aside. He held her hips and impaled her on his cock. She rocked back and forth on him, his head was thrown back against the chair. Their orgasm was fast approaching, he pounded into her hard and fast.
 "That's it baby. Come all over my cock." He moaned. She shook her head no and slowed down torturing him, he let out a sharp hiss when she squeezed her muscles, she loved watching him lose control. Her eyes widened when he wrapped his fist in her hair. He pulled her face down and whispered through gritted teeth.
 "Come...On...My...Dick...NOW." He said as he rammed into her hard and fast.
 "Jo-Jonas. Uggggh" She screamed as she reached her peak. He slammed into her again and until he filled her with his seed. They both were sweaty and sticky. Jonas lifted her up and adjusted her skirt before standing up. She felt so much bliss at that moment.
 "Let's go babe." He said grabbing the picnic basket and opening the door for her. Kara giggled when he smacked her butt as she passed by.

MONA
 She sat in her living room staring out of the window. What started off as a sunny day had turned into a rainstorm, she guessed it was fitting for the mood she was in. She was going to tell Al today about herself. She felt like her chest was going to cave in from the thoughts of how he'd react. Maybe she was being stupid hoping he would actually accept her.
DING DONG
 She took a deep breath and walked to the door. Holding the knob she debated on if she should pretend she wasn't home, but that didn't last long because if she didn't tell him then Kara would.
Sighing she opened the door and was greeted with a hug and kiss. He took a seat and tried to pull her on his lap, but she pushed him away. She took a seat next to him and hugged herself.
 "What's up babe?" He asked concerned. Which made what she had to say even harder. She wiped her eyes and tried to steel her emotions.
 "I have to tell you something Al." She said "I haven't been completely honest with you and I'm so sorry about that."
 "Let me guess you have a boyfriend." He shook his head sadly. Mona took his hand and turned his face toward her,
 "No. Im completely single. It's just that I'm not what you think I am." She noticed the confusion on his face and continued on. "I was born a man Al. I-I had my reassignment surgery a year ago." She exhaled. It felt so good to get it off her chest.
 "I don't understand Mona. We had sex, how could you do this." He stood up and looked down at her, his voice raising higher and higher. She was getting scared.
 "Al I was in shock. You came on to me and you were just so...you and  I wasn't thinking." She said trying to calm him down. He was fuming, his whole body was tense with anger.
 "I'm not gay. So you could have just kept this to yourself and told me to take a hike." He yelled and picked up a vase and threw it against the wall shattering it. He grabbed her by her shirt and slammed her against the wall.
 "Do you know people get killed for the shit you've pulled on me? HUH?" He screamed in her face. Mona closed her eyes and cried when he raised his fist. She waited for the blow to come but it never did. Instead the wall next to her head shook, when she opened her eyes there was a giant hole next to her head. He gave her a death glare and tossed her on the floor.
 "Don't worry, I'm not going to hit you. But please believe if I wasn't a better man I'd be stumping a mud hole into you right now. Just be glad my mother taught me to never hit a woman." He said walking away.  Mona chased after him and grabbed his arm before he could reach the elevator.
 "I'm so sorry Alastair. Please don't go, let's at least try to work thus out." She tried to get him to see that they would be good together. He just shook her off and walking leaving her kneeling on the floor crying.

ALASTAIR
 Nothing can describe what he was feeling. He wanted to be angry but all he felt was sadness creeping up. He sped down the highway. He needed to talk to his twin, maybe he would be able to calm him down. After an hour drive he made it safely to Abel's house on the beach. When he told Abel everything he was completely livid and was ready to go kick Mona's ass.
 "What you mean I can't kick the bitch ass. She deserves it." Abel shouted, and he couldn't agree more but as much as he disliked her at the moment he wouldn't let his brother beat her up.
 "What's done is done and I just want to forget it for now." He said calmly. Abel looked at him with sympathy and embraced him. He confided in his brother so Abel knew everything that he'd felt about Mona. Just when thought he'd found the perfect one she turned out to be a liar.

Maylin
 She opened her eyes then shut them again. The light was blinding, when she reopened them she realize that she was in a hospital room and remembered what happened. She was stabbed, after pressing the call button next to her bed she waited on the nurse to come. Where was Abe? How long was she had she been there? All these questions were running through her head as the nurse and doctor came in.
 "Hello, Mrs. Watson. My name is Dr. Calister, I've been treating you for the last week." She said checking her chart and vital signs. Maylin was confused, what did this woman mean a week. She'd just gotten attacked last night.
 "Excuse me doctor but there must be some kind of mistake. What do you mean a week?" She asked weakly trying to sit up. The doctor came over and helped her.
 "You were in a coma. You went into shock after the surgery on your spine." She said checking the IV. Maylin was even more confused, if she'd been in a coma for a week then where was her husband and kids.

ABE
 "Ugh, what the hell?" He asked sitting up in bed, his head was pounding. Looking around he noticed something was off, this wasn't his room and this wasn't his house at least not anymore. He was in Deloris's bed and he was naked. The last thing he remembered last night was drinking a pitcher full of long island ice tea. Getting dressed he followed the aroma of coffee and bacon, Deloris was standing at the counter cutting up fruit. When she saw him she smiled and came over trying to kiss him but he pushed her away.
 "What's the matter baby?" She said confused. Abe looked at her like she was crazy, he didn't understand what wad going on but he knew he'd find out.
 "Deloris what happened last night?" He asked seriously "What did we do?"
She laughed and pinched his cheek.
 "We made love silly" She smiled and fixed him a plate. "You were like the energizer bunny." She laughed and tried to take his hand and lead him to the table but he pulled away and continued to stand there.
 "Where's my phone Deloris? I need to get out of here." He said looking around. She looked like she had swallowed a lemon.
 "Why? Abe what's wrong?" She said bewildered.
 "I cheated on my comatose wife that what's wrong Deloris." He yelled. She slapped him.
 "Don't act like cheating is something new to you Abe. God knows you did it to for years to me. I never once asked anything of you last night, you kept coming to me." She chastised making him feel guilty. He lowered his head and apologized, he didn't mean to take his anger out on her he was just pissed.
 "Thanks for the breakfast but I think I'm going to head home. Now may I have my phone please." She smiled and pulled his cellphone out from beneath her robe. "I really don't even want to know." He said, looking at his phone, he had three text messages two from Al and one from Abe. He gasped when he read the texts all telling him to get to the hospital.
 "Is everything ok Abe?" Deloris asked concerned. He nodded his head and smiled.
 "Maylin woke up." She smiled and congratulated him. "I gotta get going. I'll call you and let you know what happens." He says running out the door.

DELORIS
 She couldn't believe the bitch had the nerve to wake up. But that's ok she'd completed the second part of her plan. Now all you had to do was wait. She sighed and rubbed her belly, hopefully she would be giving birth right along with Kara.

KARA
 She laughed as he tried to open their front door with her in his arms. Taking the keys from him she opened it and he rushed them inside, he didn't put her down until they were in the bathroom. She watched him turn on the jacuzzi bath, after turning on all the jets he proceeded to undress her. Their picnic was ended early when it started storming suddenly now they were soaked. He finished taking off her clothes and helped her into the tub.
 "Aren't you coming in?" She asked when he gathered up her clothes, he just smirked and walked out. Kara slide lower into the tub and let the hot water warm her up. She didn't hear him come back in she just felt him slide in the tub behind her. He wrapped his arms around her and they sat there listening to the rain fall.

SHANNON
 She knocked on Keyshia's bedroom door before entering. Her mother decorated it to look like a princess kingdom. At first her dad was going to hire sone local designers but her mother wasn't having that. She was surprised when her mother volunteered for the job, but her excuse was that she couldn't have her home looking like trash because a few hippies didn't know what they were doing. Opening the door she saw her mother and Keyshia on the floor playing with barbies.
 "Mom? What's going on?" She asked calmly so not to alarm Key. She watched her mother kiss her daughter on the cheek before taking her to the other side of the room.
 "What kind of game are you playing at mom?" She asked angrily. She felt instant guilt when her mother looked hurt.
 "I not playing any games Shannon. She just reminds me of you when you were little. Before you started to pull away from me." She whimpered looking over at Keyshia. Shannon smiled and hugged her mother, she was so proud of her for at least trying.
 "What are you doing here anyways? I thought you had some important meeting today." She said wiping her eyes. Shannon took a deep breath and leaned against the the bed.
 "Marcus Filmmay is downstairs." She said watching her mothers reaction. It was blank. "I told him about Keyshia and he wants to meet her." Her mother  rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.
 "You can't really be considering this  can you?" She hissed then looked over at Keyshia who was still playing.
 "I'm nothing considering anything. In doing it. Now if you'll excuse me I need to talk to my child." She said escorting her mother out the door. She walked over to her baby and sat down next to her.
 "Hi mommy!" Keyshia said full of joy. Shannon stroked her hair and kissed her cheek.
 "Hi baby....Keyshia remember when you asked about your daddy?" She asked. Keyshia stopped playing and nodded. "And do you remember what I told you?"
 "You said he didn't know about me and one day I would meet him." She whispered. Shannon smiled and lifted her chin up.
 "Well it's time sweetie. Your daddy is down stairs waiting to meet you." Keyshia jumped up and squeaked. Shannon laughed as she watched her daughter look for a pretty dress for her daddy to see her in.
 "Mommy I need you, I want daddy to see how pretty I am." She said desperately. After finding the perfect dress they made their way downstairs. Marcus stood up when they came in. He just stared at Keyshia before kneeling with open arms.   


End Notes:
Thanks for the comments!!!!
Chapter 15 by DRESSA
Author's Notes:
All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
MARYANN
 She slammed the front door and went to the window. Jonas was pulling out of the drive way with most of his stuff piled in the back seats. He showed up here in the middle of the night and told her he was leaving. Told her that she could keep the house and he would give her a settlement. She couldn't help but laugh at that. After everything she did for him, she smiled and grabbed her car keys when she was sure he was gone. He wasn't getting rid of her that easily. S he got into her suv and drove to the far end of the city, she was on the hunt in one of the worse places around. As she drove deeper into hell she saw the ground littered with used needles and condoms, women of all races flagging men down trying to turn tricks, she shuddered. Finding what she was looking for she pulled over and honked. Under a bridge stood a lone black man dressed in a black hoodie and baggy jeans. Her hands sweated as he walked closer, when he got to the door she rolled down the window.
 "What you need?" He asked gruffly looking over his shoulder every few seconds.
 "You interested in making some serious cash?" She asked. She could see the interest in his eyes.
 "How serious are we talking about?" He asked smirking.
 "Hop in and we'll talk" Maryann said unlocking the passenger door and watched him climb in. After making sure no one was around she drove off.

SHANNON- 1Day Later
 She walked into the cafe she'd met Marcus at the day before, they were meeting there again. After looking around she spotted him sitting at the table with a very beautiful black woman. She quickly replaced her frown with a smile as she got closer.
 "Shannon, hey. Glad you could make it." He said giving her a hug. "I want to introduce you to my wife Loreana." He pointed to his wife. Shannon was shocked, she hadn't even guessed he could be married. Loreana stood up and shook her hand giving her a sweet smile.
 "It's so good to meet you Shannon." She said pleasantly. She returned her smile and greeting before sitting down.
 "Now that we are all here we can discuss my rights. Basically I want full visitation rights, every other weekend and I want us to trade off during the summer and major holidays." He said.
She thought the terms were very reasonable and agreed to them.
 "I think this will work out Marcus, I'll have my lawyer contact yours." she said before ordering a turkey sandwich.
Loreana smiled and commented on how happy she was.
 "I can't wait to meet Keyshia. She's going to love Jr." She said looking at Marcus lovingly.
 "Who's Jr?" Shannon asked curious. Loreana went into her purse and pulled out a wallet sized snap shot and handed it to her. It was a picture of the cutest little boy she'd ever seen. He looked just like Keyshia when she was born.
 "He's eight months old. We named him after Marcus but we call him Jr." She said smiling.
 "He's very precious. Keyshia going to be so happy, she always wanted siblings." She said glancing briefly at Marcus but he only had eyes for his wife. She tried to hand the photo back but Loreana shook her head no.
 "Keep it and give it to Keyshia." She gave Shannon a sweet smile. Marcus stood up and excused himself ad he went to the restroom. Shannon figured while he was gone she'd get to know her daughter's stepmother on a deeper level.
 "So Loreana tell me about yourself." She said leaning on her elbows trying to intimidate her, she only received a laugh. Loreana wasn't bothered.
"Let me guess your trying to intimidate me. Get a feel for who I am." She said. Shannon didn't know what to say she hadn't realized she of that obvious.
 "What gave me away?" She asked taking a bite if her sandwich.
 "I do the same thing when I leave Jr with someone new." She said "I grew up in the slums of Kenya, Africa. I was blessed to be able to go to school where I excelled, soon after I received a student visa and a scholarship to UCLA." She paused and took a sip of her lemonade. "When I came to America I was offered a modeling job which was perfect. It got me my citizenship and I was able to bring my father over with the money I made." She finished and Shannon was amazed and jealous. This woman was perfect, she was a exotic model who was also smart. Loreana gave her a pointed stare.
 "So what do you do? Tell me about yourself." She said smirking
 "I mainly stay at home taking care of Keyshia. I umm also use to model." She said
 "Really what were you in? Me, I was in Vogue, Essence, Glamour, Elle, and Allure. Just to name a few and I also did some runway shows in Milan and Tokyo." She smiled her perfect smile. Shannon was seething.
 "I didn't do anything major just a few minor magazines." Shannon said. She noticed malice entered Loreana's eyes.
 "Now that we got that out of the way let's get down to the real issues. Keep your hands away from my husband." She said, Shannon was about to protest but she stopped her. "I saw how you looked at him when you mentioned having more kids. Let me just tell you this one time uasherati if you dare try anything with my man I will cut your fucking tits off." She threaten. Shannon was shocked she knew that this was someone she didn't want to cross.
 "Well since we're being frank with each other. I'll let you know that when I contacted Marcus I didn't know he was married and honestly I was looking forward to getting back together with him. But now that I know about you I wouldn't dare try anything." She said with a sincere smile. After they cleared that up Marcus came back from the restroom and they had a nice lunch.

ABE
 He held on to Maylin as he walked her over to her bed. He was so happy to have her wake and talking, he'd been going crazy without her. His thoughts turned to Deloris and the fact that they had sex. He shook his head and concentrated on his wife. She stroked his cheek as he tucked her into bed.
 "Honey what's wrong?" She asked softly. He shook his head and kissed her palm.
 "I just missed you so much." He said climbing in bed and pulling her against his side.

KARA
 After spending a light lunch with her brothers she decided to go home instead of going to the studio. When she got there she noticed Jonas wasn't home. She hung up her coat in the hall closet and walked up stairs to her bedroom. The pregnancy was really getting to her, she was constantly tired. Kara walked to her side of the drawer and took out some lounge wear. When she turned to go into the bathroom she was grabbed by her neck. She kicked and scratched but nothing seemed to he getting him off of her. He threw her on the bed and jumped on top if her. He ripped open her top and started kissing her breast.
 "Please...noo" She said trying to make him stop. She strained against him but he was too heavy for her. The man punched her in the jaw but she wouldn't stop trying she refused to be a victim.
 "Stop moving bitch!" He yelled choking her. She bucked and cried trying to get him off.
 "Don't hurt my baby." She managed to croak out. He stopped and stared at her.
 "Ain't no baby here bitch!" He yelled spitting on her. She knew this was her chance to reason with her attacker.
 "I'm pregnant, almost three months. Please it's my first child don't hurt me."  She cried. He jumped up and started screaming.
 "FUCK!! SHIT!!!" He punched the wall and knocked everything off the dresser. One minute he was standing having a fit and the next he was on the ground being pummeled by Jonas. Her savior. He beat the man until he was bloody. When he was done he ran over to her and gathered her in his arms and rocked her trying to soothe her.
 "Shhh baby. I'm here, I'm here." He kissed her while she cried.
The man was still laying on the floor.
 "What are we going to do with him?" She asked whimpering. Jonas let her go and kicked the guy awake.
 "Get the fuck up you piece of shit." He yelled "Kara call the cops." He said, the man started pleading for them not to.
 "Please I'm sorry I was just doing my job. I wasn't going to really hurt her man." He said desperately. Kara and Jonas were confused. Jonas picked the man up by his collar and glared at him.
 "Who hired you? Answer me fucker." He screamed punching the guy in the gut.
 "I don't know her name. She was just some red headed bitch that showed up with a lot of money saying that she needed someone severely scared." He said. They both knew instantly who it was that hired him. After calling the cops Jonas dragged him downstairs until the cops came.
 "Maryann." Kara said to herself. She gave the cops her statement and they both told them what the man said. They said that they would look into it but they couldn't promise any results. When they were gone Jonas started packing her a over night bag.
 "What are you doing?" She said worried about him. He was beyond pissed and she wasn't sure of what he'd do.
 "I'm sending you to spend the night with your mother." He said hanging her the bag.
 "What about you Jonas? What are you going to do?" She said panicked. He barely glanced in her direction so she went over to him and and touched his shoulder. He instantly relaxed and took her into his arms.
 "I'm going to go pay Maryann a visit." He said pressing his forehead. She shook her head no, she didn't want him that woman alone.
 "Im coming with you baby." She said dropping her bag on the ground but he picked it back up and handed to her.
 "I'm going by myself. Your going to your mothers." He said dragging her to the car. She tried to protest but but he grabbed her chin and looked at her.
 "I need to do this alone. I need to protect you." He said tears forming in his eyes. She nodded her head as he opened the car door.

JONAS
 After he watched Kara go into her mothers house he sped off down the street. He was pissed that Maryann would take it this far. When he saw that man attacking Kara he went crazy. But his baby was a fighter, as tiny as she was she kept fighting him. When he arrived at Maryann's house he jumped out of the car leaving it running and the door open. He ran across the lawn and kicked open the door, he walked all through the house screaming her name before he realized that she and all of her things were gone. She had left all of the furniture but took her personal items. Jonas yelled in frustration. He searched every place in the house he could think of trying to figure out where she went but he came up empty handed. He went back to his car and sat there thinking. Her family was back east but she was on the odds with them. So where could she have gone he thought.
 "Hiya Jonas!" He looked up and rolled his eyes it was one of his nosy neighbors. He rolled down the window and waved at the man coming towards him.
 "Hey Earl, how have you been." He asked shaking the mans hand.
 "Oh I can't complain. Haven't seen you in a while Jonas. Heard you moved out." He said chewing on a toothpick. Jonas nodded his head.
 "Hey Earl you wouldn't know where Maryann is would you?" He asked hopefully.
 "Nah. I remember watching her loading up that suv of hers around 3am this morning." He said. Jonas thanked him and drove off leaving Earl standing in the middle of the street shouting. He took out his cell and called his father.
 "Dad, yeah. Do you still have that private investigator on hand. I need him to find Maryann...no she paid some thug to attack Kara. Ok thanks." He hung up the phone and drove home. He needed to contact all her friends, he planned on finding her and when he did she better pray he takes some leniency on her.

DELORIS
 She watched her daughter eat the soup and watch tv. Getting up she walked into the kitchen and picked up the wall phone. "Hello, I need a favor. I need to find a woman named Maryann Darley. Ok let me know what you find." She hung up the phone and rejoined Kara on the sofa. Maryann was going to pay, no one hurts her baby and gets away with it. After an hour of laughing at the tv she noticed Kara had fallen asleep. She grabbed a blanket out of the hall closet and covered her with it. Gathering up their dishes she took them into the kitchen and washed them, while she was drying everything the phone rang. She quickly answered it before it woke Kara up.
 "Hello...good. Your the best, I know that's why I pay you top dollar." She smiled and hung up the phone, after checking on Kara she wrote a note saying she would be back. She grabbed her coat and purse and hurried to her car.

DARWOOD
 He hung up the phone and grabbed his car keys his PI told him where Maryann was and he planned on fixing this problem before it got any worse. He wasn't going to tell Jonas because he wanted this done the right way

MARYANN
KNOCK KNOCK
 She groaned and went to open the door  when she looked out the peep hole all she saw was black. Snatching the door open she was shocked.
 "What are you doing here." She asked snidely.
 "Can I come in?" She stood aside as her guest walked by, she closed and locked the door. When she turned around to give the person a piece of her mind she fell to her knees and looked up with pleading eyes. She was staring down the barrel of a .22 magnum. Eyes cold as steel stared back at her with no mercy before everything went black.

KARA
 She yawned and sat up. Looking at her watch she realized it was only nine o'clock. She tossed the blanket aside and stood up to stretch.
 "Looks like someone had a nice nap." Deloris said from the doorway. She smiled and walked over to her mom and gave her a hug. Her mother always spoiled her which she was extremely appreciative of.
 "What are you doing?" She asked following her mom into the kitchen, the aroma of apple pie filled her nose.
 "Well while you were asleep I went to the market and got a few things to make apple pie crumble." She said slicing the pie and putting two pieces on plates.
 "With ice cream?" Kara asked with a silly grin on her face. Deloris laughed and nodded.
 "Now what kind of mother would I be if I forgot to get my baby ice cream with her apple pie." She said taking out a carton of vanilla bean ice cream and a scooper. The both ate two slices a piece before popping a movie in the DVD  player and snuggling up on the sofa. When the movie went off Kara called Jonas to check in but sadly he hadn't found Maryann. After saying goodnight and telling him how much she loved him she went to bed.

DARWOOD
 "Daddy?" He jumped and looked behind him. Shannon was standing in the middle of the hall in her pjs with a glass of water.
 "Hey pumpkin. What are you doing up so late?" He asked stuffing his hands in his pockets. She raised a eyebrow at him.
 "I could ask you the same thing." She said. He crossed his arms and gave her his fatherly glare. "Ok, Keyshia wanted some water." She sighed and he smiled at the thought of his granddaughter, she was a little angel. Shannon came and stood in front of him with a worried look on her face.
 "You ok dad? Your sweating." She said wiping his forehead. He did the same, he hadn't realized he was sweating.
 "Yeah in fine I was just out running around the lake." He said.
 "In a suit?" She asked doubtful. He sighed annoyed, she just wouldn't give up.
 "I just felt the urge to. Your mother was working my nerves and I had to get out. Before I knew it I was down by the lake running." He said sadly. She nodded her head in understanding. After a few more minutes if chatting he told her to go to bed before going to his own room. He stripped and collapsed on the bed, looking over at the empty space he thought about how much he missed his wife. He's done a lot over the years as a criminal attorney but this had to be the craziest.  People often asked him how he slept with himself at night and he always told them like a baby. And despite everything tonight wouldn't be any different. Rolling over he fell into a dreamless sleep.

End Notes:

Thanks for the comments.

Translation:Uasherati-Whore(Swahili)

Chapter 16 by DRESSA
Author's Notes:
 All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
KARA-1 Day Later
BANG BANG....BANG BANG BANG
 Kara shot up in bed startled. Who could be knocking at 3am in the morning. She looked over and Jonas was pulling on his pj pants, he walked out of the bedroom annoyed. She jumped up and followed him downstairs. Jonas snatched open the prepared to shout at the person on the other side, but stopped when he saw who was there. Kara held onto his arm  and looked at their guests, two police officers and a detective stood on the porch with stern looks on their faces.
 "Jonas Darley?" The detective asked. Jonas nodded "I'm detective Sloan and theses two are officers Michaels and McNally." He said gesturing to the officers who stood there silently. "May we come in?" Jonas shook his head no.
 "You can tell me what this is about first." He said annoyed. Sloan rolled his eyes and huffed.
 "Fine, if you want to be difficult then be that. At 11pm last night the manager at the Lucky Bell hotel went to check on a guest who hadn't checked out yet. That person was Maryann Brentwood, your girlfriend." He said giving Kara a once over."Miss Brentwood was found murdered in her hotel suite." He raised a brow waiting for a reaction and he got one. Kara broke down crying and Jonas just stood  there in shock.
 "Now may we come in?" Sloan asked pushing passed Jonas. They followed closed behind still in shock, Sloan sat down on the sofa and took a small note pad from his inside coat pocket.
 "Now I'm going to need alibis for the both of you during this time, I'll start with you Mrs. Darley." He said looking at Kara and licking his lips. She shuddered and scooted closer to Jonas who put his arms around her.
 "I spent the night with my mother after I was attacked." She said frowning at Sloan.
 "Yes I heard about that. Did you happen to know the man?"
 "No, but I know that Maryann hired him." She said. He nodded and wrote on his note pad.
 "Yes I read about that." He turned to Jonas and frowned. "What about you Darley? What were you doing while your lovely wife was with her mother." He winked at her, she could hear the officers snickering behind them.
 "I was out looking for Maryann. I went by the house and she wasn't there. You can ask the neighbor Earl." He said looking at Sloan with distain.
 "Oh I know about that. I also know that you were so pissed that you kicked  in the front door." He smirked but Jonas didn't back down. Kara looked at Jonas in shock, she didn't know he did all that. "What I don't know is where did you go after."
 "I searched some more then came home and called my wife check in on her." He said pulling her tighter against his side.
 "Hmmm. So why didn't you just bring her home?" He asked stroking his chin in thought.
 "Because she needed her rest after what that punk tried to do to her." He said staring Sloan down.
 "Is there anyone that can corroborate your story?" He asked standing up and putting his note pad away.
 "I can. I still have my call log in my cellphone." Kara said getting up to go get it but was stopped by Sloan.
 "Don't bother. I'm going to need you down at the station to make a formal statement Darley." He said nodding his head to the officers who escorted Jonas out if the house. Kara ran after them yelling and screaming.
 "Babe it's going to be ok." He said kissing her.
 "I don't trust him Jonas." She said desperately. He smiled and nodded.
 "I don't either, that's why I want you to call my father and tell him to meet us at the station. Ok?" She agreed as he got into the car. When he was gone she ran into the house and called her father in-law before throwing on a T-shirt and sweats.

JONAS
 He looked around the bare interrogation room in disgust. As a lawyer he had been in many but never as the suspect. Sloan walked into the room with a shit eating grin on his face, which pissed him off even more.
 "Ok Darley, let me have the truth here." He said taking a seat.
 "I told you everything." He leaned back and watched Sloan watch him.
 "Nah I don't think so. I think you killed that girl to make room for that sweet little thing you got back at home." Jonas just smiled at him which mad Sloan madder, he wasn't going to let this pig get to him.
 "I'm innocent and there's nothing you can do about it. Now I want my lawyer." He chuckled when Sloan clenched his his fists.
 "I can't wait for you to go down rich boy because when you do I'm going to be right there pounding a extra hole in the sexy wife of yours." Jonas lunged across the table but before he could get to him he was rushed by two officers holding him back.

DARWOOD
 He slammed the phone down and took a deep breath. He just got off the phone with the police commissioner, he wanted to let the man know that if any harm came to his son then he would have his head. Had he known Jonas would be arrested he wouldn't have gone through with that womans  plan.
FLASHBACK
 Darwood didn't bother asking the manager of the Lucky Bell hotel for Maryann's room number, thanks to the PI he hired he was able to stroll right in. He rode the elevator to the fifth floor and got out. It was a pretty nice place, nice enough for a person to be comfortable but subtle enough for a person to hide out at. When he got to the room he reached out to knock but halted when the door abruptly opened.
 "What the hell are you doing here?" He asked Deloris baffled. She covered his mouth and pulled him into the room.
 "Will you shut up before you have people running up here." She hissed and let him go. He frowned and turned around but froze at the sight before him. He felt bile raising in his throat at what he was looking at, there was blood and brain matter splattered all over the floor around Maryann's body, he ran into the restroom and vomited. Maryann was dead...this wasn't what he wanted, when he came here tonight he just wanted to pay her to leave Jonas alone now she was dead. After washing out his mouth he stared at his reflection, what was he going to do now? Walking out the restroom he took a seat before he started panicking.
 "What did you do Deloris? How could you do this?" He pointed a accusing finger at her. She shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly and spoke calmly.
 "Because it needed to be done. She had my child assaulted and needed to be put down." She was so calm and relaxed that it scared him. She came over and stood in front of him and patted his his head.
 "This was for the best Darwood. She was making our children's lives hell, think about it what if she decided having Kara attacked wasn't enough and wanted to hurt Jonas also. Could you live with yourself knowing that all you were going to do was pay her off. I assume that's why your here." She looked at him with sympathy, she was right if Maryann had tried to hurt Jonas he didn't know what he would do.
 "What happens now?." He asked defeated and deflated. She gave him a joyful smiled and reached into her purse and pulled out a .22 Magnum, he instantly jumped up with his arms raised. She just laughed at him.
 "I'm not going to shoot you Darwood. I just want you to get rid of this thing for me." She said handing it to him, he took it hesitantly and stuffed it into the back of his pants.
 "How can you be so calm?" He asked and she chuckled at him.
 "This isn't my first rodeo Darwood." She gave him a blank look. "Now you go get rid of that thing while I go take care of your mess." She said walking into the restroom and he followed her. She was taking out a bunch of cleaning supplies from under the sink and began cleaning the toilet. She had killed before he thought.
 "Why are you still here?" She sneered over her shoulder. He backed out of the room and made his way out of the hotel. He had to figure out where he would put the gun.
FLASHBACK END
KNOCK KNOCK
 He sighed heavily and opened up the door, and watched his guest make herself comfortable in his study.
 "So Darwood, what is so big of an emergency that I had to get out of bed this early in the morning?" Deloris asked with a attitude. He crossed over and sat behind his desk.
 "Jonas was taken in for questioning this morning for Maryann's murder." He whined "What are we going to do?" He asked looking at her shocked face. She folded her hands in thought.
 "Well this certainly changes things..hmmm." She said tapping her foot which was driving him crazy. In all his years of bring a criminal attorney he had never met anyone as cold and calculating as Deloris Watson, he wondered what her story was.
 "Is that all you can say? Deloris you have to turn yourself in." He said desperately. She smiled a conniving smile.
 "Why would I do that? I didn't kill Maryann." She said smirking, he was confused.  "Ok Let me explain it to you since you seem to be having trouble. I wouldn't bother turning myself in because there's no proof that I did it. It all points to you. YOUR the one on video walking into the hotel, YOUR the one who's fingerprints were all over the gun, YOUR the one who got rid of evidence, and YOUR the one that'll go down for murder." She said gleefully. Darwood head was spinning, he couldn't believe this woman.
 "I got rid of the gun so there's no proof of anything." He said. She smiled harder and shook her finger at him.
 "When you left the hotel I followed you. I can't believe you actually rented a locker in a train station. That's so cliche. I convinced the agent that I lost my key and I retrieved the gun." He buried his face in his hands. "You see Darwood I didn't trust you not to spill your guts so I hand to make sure I had some insurance." She crossed her legs and folded her hands in her lap. "I thought as an attorney you would be smarter."
Darwood slammed his hand an the desk and glared at her.
 "So what are you going to frame me and send me to jail?" He screamed at her.
 "No silly, were going to frame someone else. Im just making sure I have something to keep you in line." Darwood  realized more then ever now that he was in over his head.
 "What do we do?" He asked sadly.
 "Oh buck up. All you have to do is sit back and let me plan everything. Ok?" He agreed, she came around the desk and sat on his lap stroking his chest.
 "And if everything goes as plan I'll make it very much worth your while." She kissed his chin and pushed her butt against his crouch before walking out laughing.

STACEY
 She watched that bitch leave her husbands study, she heard every single thing. Darwood was an idiot getting involved with that evil woman, now her baby was a suspect in a murder. She wasn't going to let Deloris ruin her family, and the nerve of that whore to proposition Darwood, it took everything in her not to rush in there and kick her ass. Deloris thought she was a bad bitch well she hasn't met a real bitch yet. One way or another she was going to get Deloris away from her husband.

End Notes:
Thanks for the comments. Sorry it took so long. Enjoy!!!!
Author Note by DRESSA

Im sorry I haven't been upadating like I want but i've been going through some very serious personal issuses, hopefully by the end of the week everything will be ok, but until then I won't be putting anything up.

                                                ~Thanks~

Chapter 18 by DRESSA
Author's Notes:

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Jonas

Jonas covered his eyes as he walked out of the 3rd street precinct. The sun was shining high today. He’d spent exactly 72 hours being interrogated by that bastard Detective Sloan, they couldn’t find anything on him so they had to let him with the help of his

Father and his major connections. After hours of being cooped up in a room with just him and Sloan made him exhausted. Jonas walked over to his father’s waiting black Mercedes and got in.

“Why didn’t Kara come and get me?” He asked confused.

“Oh, she said she had some things to take care of today” Darwood said wrinkling his nose, Jonas chuckled, he knew that he didn’t smell too good but that was the least of his problems. He needed to find out who killed Maryann and why.

“Look son, I know that you didn’t do anything wrong. I know your worried but remember, your family is behind you 100%.” Darwood said, eyes still on the road.

“I really don’t care who believes me dad. I know I didn’t do anything wrong.” He sat back in his seat and closed his eyes. He wished his wife was here with him. The drive home was a silent one, all he could think about were gruesome pictures of Maryann’s mangled and lifeless body. Whoever killed her was a cold hearted person and he hoped he didn’t have to come face to face with them. Jonas shook his head, he didn’t want those images to haunt him into the late night. Once they arrived at his house he jumped out of the car, giving his father a half hearted good-bye. Kara’s car wasn’t in the drive way and the curtains were drawn shut, he sighed with disappointment and opened the front door. The entire house was dark, as he walked deeper there was a faint glow coming from the kitchen along with the smell of home cooking. A grin spread across his face as he hurried into the kitchen. He stopped under the archway and took a deep breath, Kara stood at the stove wearing nothing but a red apron with white trim.

Her perfectly heart shaped butt jiggled with each stir of the wooden spoon in her hand. Jonas walked up and wrapped his arms around her waist, she dropped her head back against his chest while he sprinkled kisses on her sweet neck.

“You didn’t come and get me from the police station.” He pouted when she turned around in his arms. She took his bottom lip into her mouth and sucked it until it was red and swollen.

“I had to be here to give you a nice welcoming home. How are you doing baby?” She asked steering him over to the kitchen chair so he could sit down, she climbed into his lap and stroked his jaw.

“I don’t know what I’m going to do Kara. Usually when I’m dealing with cases like this one I never really care if the person is innocent or guilty, all I cared about was winning the case and adding another notch in my belt, now that its me on the line I don’t know how I’m going to handle this.” He laid his head on her chest and closed his eyes, the sound of her breathing calmed him down. Kara lifted his chin and looked him in the eyes.

“We are going to get through this honey. I love you and I’m going to stand by you through thick and thin.” She kissed his nosed and smiled. “But right now we’re going upstairs and I’m going to draw you a nice hot bubble bath because you stink.”

Jonas smacked her bottom as she ran up the steps to their mater bedroom. Once again he was shocked, the bathroom was filled with vanilla scented candles, the Jacuzzi tub was filled to the rim with bubbles. He watched as the flames from the candles flicker across her beautiful dark skin, she started undressing him and he couldn’t wait any longer, he reached out to cup her perky breast only to get his hand smacked down.

“No, first I’m going to bathe the stink off you, then your going to eat the meal I cooked you.” She said with a stern look on her face, he loved when she took control. Too tired to fight he conceded and got into the tub. Having her wash him was pure torture but he would let her have her moment. After a long bath he stepped out of the tub and went for a towel but she shook her head and dropped onto her knees. Jonas’s head was reeling once he finally got into bed, Kara had licked him dry from head to toe.

“Mmmmhmm, your perfect, thank you babe.” He gave her a grateful smile and kiss. Jonas watched as she drifted over to their flat screen tv and grabbed the remote, she turned to ESPN, his favorite basketball team were playing. He sighed with contentment and let the days stress slip away.

 

 

Chapter 19 by DRESSA
Author's Notes:

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 12 Year old Deloris

 15 year old Gage Wilson

 Older Gage Wilson

Deloris

Deloris looked around before stepping out of her black Benz. After making sure no one was outside she suck toward the back of the two story house. Instead of wearing her usual upscale clothes she decided on a black D&G sweat suit with matching track shoes. Stepping up on the back porch she knocked softly on the back door. After a few minutes she got impatient and knocked harder.

“Hold on damn it.” A deep voice bellowed from the other side. “What the hell do you want Deloris?” Gage Wilson asked as she pushed by him once the door was open. Gage was her cousin from her father’s side, he stood at 6’4”, with light brown skin and hypnotizing eyes. She walked over to the kitchen table and took a seat, he followed after her slowly.

“Where‘s your wife.” She asked looking around to avoid his glaze. He was the only one that she listened to and the only one that could control her.

“She’s in our bed where I should be.” He growled and scooted her chair close to him. ”Now tell me what you want Deloris.”

“I need you to find someone that’s willing to do a bid for the right price.“ She said reluctantly. His eyes bore into her as he took this in.

“What the hell did you do? How much are we talking about? Who is the body?” He shot out question after question. She sighed in relief because she knew he would help. Deloris told him everything from beginning to end. From the look on his face he was angry with her and she couldn’t blame her, she fucked up big time.

“I taught you better then this Deloris.” He said chastising her. “Ill help you, but you know what you have to do for me.” Gage stood up, his huge frame towering over her. She took his out stretched hand and follow as he lead her down into a very familiar basement. Deloris had been down there more times then she could count over the years. She’d memorized every piece of the place. The walls were decorated in red and purple velvets. The walls were littered with metal and steel bands, cuffs, chains, and whips. In the center of the room was a long steel table with black leather cuffs at each corner. Gage nodded his head in the direction of the table and Deloris knew what she needed to do. She took off all her clothing and laid down on the table, the cold steel bit into her skin and made her shiver. She felt the leather straps tighten around each limb and closed her eyes. Memories of the first time she met Gage came flooding back as they always did.

*FLASHBACK*

12 year old Deloris ran over to her calling father. She had been playing in the woods when she heard him calling her name. As she got closer to the house she noticed a white Buick pulling down the driveway and there stood a boy she’d never seen before next to her father. He was tall for a kid and very handsome. She ran into her fathers open arms and hugged him. She and her father had been on the outs lately because he recently came home with a bastard child. Her mother cried all day and that mad Deloris hate her father. He motioned to the boy after their hug.

“Deloris, this is your cousin Gage Wilson. His mother was my sister. He’s here to live with us now that his parents have passed away.” He looked her in the eyes. “Now I want you to show him around and help him get settled in.” With that said he took Gage’s bags into the house leaving the two of them outside together.

“Hi…Do you want to play?” She asked cautiously. Gage nodded his head but didn’t say a word. “Well we can play tag or hide and seek.” She said as they walked too the back of the house. When they were a good distance away he finally spoke up.

“Deloris wait.” He said from behind her. She stopped and looked up at him, she had to strain her neck since he was so at tall. “How old are you?” He asked.

“I just turned twelve last month. My mom threw me a big party and all my friends came and everything. That was before the baby came and ruined everything.” She pouted and looked away. She didn’t mean to show her ill will toward the child but couldn’t help it.

“What baby?” He asked curiously. Deciding it wouldn’t hurt to tell him since he would be living with them, she told him everything. Once she was done she realized that they had ventured deep into the woods.

“Wow, that’s something. My mother use to speak so highly of your father. To think he was no better then a junk yard dog in heat.” He shook his head. Deloris was shocked, she and her father may be on a hump but no one talked about him that way. She opened her mouth to speak up but he shook his head and pressed a finger to her lips.

“Shhhh, let me tell you something Deloris. Death brings people together, if I hadn’t helped my parents along to the next life I would have never met you. You say your mother cries all the time right?” She nodded her head. “Well one way to stop her from crying is to get rid of the cause of her pain.” Her eyes widened

“I…I can’t do something like that. Its wrong.” She stammered. He laughed and pulled her down in the dirt.

“Well the your mother will keep crying and your father will keep seeing that bitch. Oh and hey you might even get another brother…or sister.” He smirked at the face she made. “Like I said, death brings families together again.” this was something she had to think over, food for thought as her mother would say. Her thoughts were interrupted when she felt a hand creeping up her dress. Looking down she saw Gage’s hand on her thigh. She tried to push him away but with him being older he was a lot stronger.

“No…Gage. This is wrong.” She struggled against him.

“Shhh Deloris. Don’t fight it, I promise that ill make all your pain go away and our family will be happy. Let me make you a woman.” He whispered against her ear and pushed against her. She closed her eyes and let go. He was promising her the one thing she wanted more thing anything.

*End Of Flashback*

Deloris eyes opened as she experienced her third orgasm. Gage pulled out of her and walked over to the wall. He grabbed a whip and strolled over to her. They were so busy that neither noticed the eyes watching them from the stairs.

End Notes:

Very short chapter sorry. Thanks!!!

Chapter 20 by DRESSA
Author's Notes:

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 Leslie Wilson

Shannon

She was beyond excited. Today she was having a girls day with Kara, Mona, and she even invited Lareana to show good faith, she wanted to get to know the woman that would be raising her daughter part-time. She’d rented out the back room of the spa so they could have privacy. It was decorated in white and gold. There were male mousses placed at each table, a mud bath, pedicure and manicure stations sat up, different trays of assorted fruits and cheeses were placed next to each lounge chair, and behind each chair there were very sexy men holding trays of wine and champagne.

“Looks like someone one is already enjoying herself.”

Shannon looked up from her magazine and saw Lareana standing in the doorway. She waas a vision in a skin tight leopard print dress and black stilettos. Shannon looked down at herself in the silk robe and grimaced. She should have waited before undressing.

“Lareana!…I’m glad you could make it honey.” She stood up and pulled her into a hug.

“Thanks for the invite, so are we the only ones here?” She asked walking over to the privacy screen. After a few minutes she came from behind the screen and took a seat next to her.

“Shannon, I’m honestly glad we have some time alone, I wanted to talk to you about Keyshia.” She said pulling her long strand of hair into a loose bun. Shannon sat up straighter and looked at Lareana, waiting for her to finish taking a sip from her glass of wine before she continued,

“Well…I talked to Marcus last night and don’t get me wrong about this I did have to make him see reason about this but he finally saw the light so to speak…to make a long story short, I…we believe that you should hand over full custody of Keyshia to us.” Lareana said smiling. Shannon spat out her mimosa and gave her an evil glare.

“Who the hell do you think you are? You are not her mother first of all, second of all you will not take my child away from me.” She grew madder when Lareana waved her off and laughed.

“Honestly Shannon. What type of mother would you make to a black child? Who will teach her about her heritage? Who will do her hair? Hmmm? She should be around children like her.” She continued to smile. Shannon was now in tears, how dare this woman tell her she couldn’t be a good mother to a bi-racial child.

“You bitch…I was willing to let you into my child life and this is how you treat me?”

“I’m trying to be reasonable with you. I do believe that this is a decent way to tell you. We could have gone straight to the courts.” Lareana had a blank look on her face by this time. “Your not capable of taking care of her. Your mother is a racist for goodness sake. How can you even have her living in that house? That right there shows that you don’t know what your doing.” Shannon stood up and looked down at the smiling woman. She pulled her hand back ready to slap that grin off her ugly face, but felt a strong grip on her wrist. Looking behind her she saw Mona had a strong hold on her and standing next to her was Kara with her hands on her hips and a grim look on her face.

“Your Lareana right?” Kara said waddling over to the sitting woman. Lareana smiled and hand held out her hand which Kara pleasantly dismissed. “I couldn’t help but over hear what you said to Shannon. Let me tell you this, she is more then capable of taking care of my niece and if god forbids that she has trouble teaching HER child about black history then she has me and my family sweetheart. And do you see that tall amazon like woman over there holding Shannon back from knocking your teeth in? That’s her other aunt who happened to graduate top of her class from the best cosmetology school in the U.S. so again if Shannon has trouble we’ll take care of it not you. Understand?” Kara had her hands on her hips with her protruding belly sticking out. Lareana laughed and stood up towering over Kara.

“Really Shannon? You get a pregnant midget and a tranny to fight your battles for you?” She laughed and walked back behind the privacy screen, when she came out she was fully dressed again. “Get it together girl, because your really going to need to be on your toes when we take you to court.” She rolled her eyes and walked toward the exit. Mona stuck out her long legs and tripped her. Lareana got up and growled at her. “I wont even try since I know I can’t go up against a man.” They didn’t waste anytime with laughing at her, she pulled back her shoulders and strutted out the door.

“Wow, can you believe her? Thanks for coming to my defense guys.” She grabbed them both in a hug. The rest of the day went smoothly as they sat back chilled and laughed at Lareana.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leslie

She smashed the mirror and watched it shatter. Pieces of glass falling all over the bathroom floor. She hated the way she looked. Her hair use to be long and silky thick, now it hung in long neat dreads. All because she wanted to live up that bitches image. When she married Gage everything seemed perfect, she thought he was perfect. She would have done anything for him then, she was even willing to move to California with him when he said he missed his family. That was the biggest mistake of her life. Had she known what he and Deloris did behind closed doors, when they thought that no one knew, she would have never married him. She had came home from work early one evening when she heard strange noises coming from the basement. She knew Deloris was there since her car was parked out front but she was confused because her husband never let anyone down there. He said as an artist he needed his own private space so he kept it under lock and key. When she got closer the sounds got louder, muffled screams is what it sounded like. She opened the door slowly so it wouldn’t make a sound. Leslie stepped softly down the stairs until she got to a point where she could see with out being seen. To this day she still believes that her heart stopped at what she saw. Deloris was tied to the wall and her husband stood between her legs. The room was filled with things she’d only seen in movies. She walked back upstairs breathless. She always said if she caught her husband cheating she would kick his ass, but what was a person to do when it was with his cousin and they were into some S&M crap. She got back into her car and drove back to work. From that day on she tried to her best ability to bring S&M into their bedroom if it was what he liked, she thought that maybe he was getting it from Deloris because she wouldn’t do it, that didn’t work, he looked at her with a look of disgust on his face. When that didn’t work she grew dreads, maybe if she looked more like Deloris he would stop this sick obsession he had with her, that didn’t work either. Here she was now five years later since she discovered them, five years of pain, five years of him calling her Deloris while they made love and she still didn’t know what to do. Last night was when she decided that she needed to take more action in her marriage. Once again she saw her husband give himself to another woman while he thought she was asleep, she couldn’t stand by anymore more while that woman stole her husband right from under her.

End Notes:

Thanks!!!

Chapter 21 by DRESSA
Author's Notes:

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

Jonas

2 Months Later

He pulled into the last free parking space in the front of the hospital. Today they were going to find out the sex of the baby and he was excited. Turning off the car he looked over at his wife and smiled, she was a vision in a red and pink maternity dress, he had to force her to finally go out and buy some since everything she owned was getting too small for her.

“Are you ready to find out what we’re having?” He asked happily. When she didn’t respond right away he started to grow concerned. “Baby?” She sighed deeply and smiled up at him.

“Well I was watching Mommy To Be last night when you were asleep, and they decided to find out the baby’s gender during the baby shower. I thought that would be something fun for us to do.” She exhaled. Jonas looked at her questioningly, he didn’t know what she was talking about. She must have noticed the confusion of his face because she continued to explain.

“What we do is have the doctor fax the info over to whatever bakery we chose and then they make the cake for a boy or girl.” She was smiling so hard he thought her face might break.

“Is that something you really want to do?” He asked sincerely, he already knew the answer but wanted to hear her say it. Whatever she chose he would go along with it since he couldn’t deny her anything. She nodded her head yes.

“I mean why not let our child be a surprise, our entire relationship has been full of surprises why not keep it going.” She laughed and he was sold. Jonas got out and walked around to open her door. After helping her out they walked into the hospital. Before they got to the door he pulled her into a tight embrace and kissed her deeply. She moaned and pushed against him.

“Whatever you decide is fine with me baby.” He said pulling away, she groaned and pouted, but he gave her look filled with promise

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<@

Kara

After a rigorous lovemaking session she was starving. Kara walked into the kitchen and made herself a turkey and cheese sandwich, she was trying to figure out how she was going to decorate the baby shower. She shoved the last piece into her mouth before grabbing the cordless phone on the counter, if she was going to decorate she wanted the best people to help her. Her mother and Maylin shocking showed up together, apparently her mother had invited the woman for lunch when they got her call. Abel, Shannon, and Mona came later. Now everyone gathered in the kitchen, there were décor books and samples scattered everywhere, her mother had started cooking a early dinner, it turned into a full fledge ladies day.

“Ok baby girl, since we don’t know what we’re having.” Abel said making a gesture to everyone when he said we’re. “I think that you should have yellows and whites for decorations.” He sat back in his chair and rubbed his belly. They all sat around the dining room table and everyone was stuffed after the meal her mother made.

“No I think pinks and blues would be perfect.” Shannon said disagreeing. Kara sighed, everybody had been going back and forth for at least an hour now. She felt her mother kiss her temple and ask her what she wanted to do. The room grew silent.

“Sorry Shan but I agree with Abe about the color scheme. Now I want to give everyone duties. This is going to be mainly a family thing, so I’ll design and send out the invites, Abe I want you to handle the decorations of course, Mama and Maylin, I would like you two to take care of the food and set up. Mona my love, since you are such a free spirit I would like you to be my hostess, and last but not least Shannon….you have the most important job, I want you to pick up and deliver the cake.” She finished and looked around at everyone’s face and they were happy with the jobs they were given. “We have a week to pull this off so I don’t want any hiccups. Meeting adjourned.” She slammed a glass on the table and the room erupted in laughter. At that moment Jonas chose to walk by the doorway in his boxers. He stopped like a deer in headlights which made them laugh harder, shaking his head he went about his business muttering something about women as he walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<@

Detective Sloan

Confusion was written all over his face, he thought he had this murder case locked and stocked but her he sat looking at someone who was proving him wrong. Lamar Cortez just walked into the station and confessed to killing Maryann. He knew only things that the killer should know and this pissed Sloan off, sure he was glad to catch a killer but he knew that if he caught a Darley that would have been a high profile case and he would have made chief. Sloan looked over his suspect with interest, he was a young Latino with tats on every visible piece of skin he had. Lamar knew everything there was to know about the murder, things that only the killer would know.

“So why did you do it Cortez?” He asked eyeing the kid. The look he was given sent chills down his spine, he was in no doubt that this kid was a killer but he wasn’t quite sure that he was his killer.

“Man, that bitch owed me some money, I gave her this nice piece of steel.” He said grabbing his crotch and laughed. “She was looking for trouble, came around the hood looking for a gun. I told her my price and she was able to give to half of what I asked for. When I went for the cash that white bitch had the nerve to tell me she didn’t have it and tried to go bad on me so I popped her ass.” He said with a hint of regret on his face.

“So she stiffed you on some cash, why come forward? I know thugs like you Cortez there’s no way you would turn yourself in.” Sloan spat out.

“Man I did it for my moms. She saw that bitch at my house and when she saw her face on the news she knew I did it, she guilted me into confessing.” He said bluntly. Sloan let out a laugh in disbelief.

“So let me get this straight, you confessing to murder cause your mommy told you to? Yeah right. What’s the real reason Cortez? Huh ?” He was getting angry “Who’s paying you to take the fall?” He jumped up and grabbed him by his collar.

“Nobody….my moms is sick, she told me the day she wanted me to come forward. I was so messed up about it that I went out and got some blow and got high and passed out, when I woke up I was in some church with a bunch of nuns around me. I could see Jesus looking down at me. That’s when I knew I had to change my life for me and my family.” He had tears running down his face. Sloan pushed him away in disgust. His captain stuck his head in the door and motioned for him to come out.

“Yeah Capt.?” He said walking into the back room.

“Let him go, we called Cortez’s mother and she backed up his story, she admits to witnessing Maryann enter and exit the house, that she told him she was sick and she told him to confess.” He said looking grim. Sloan was pissed he didn’t believe this bullshit story one bit but there was nothing he could do about it.

“Look Sloan, I know you were looking forward to taking my place. I did say that if you cracked a big case then you would and that offer still stands.” He said before walking away. Sloan shook his head, Lamar Cortez was either telling the truth or he was a damn good actor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<@

Abe

He paced back in forth. Abe ran he hand over his head and he realized that he was sweating.

“What do you mean your pregnant Deloris?” He asked in a shaky voice. He felt like he was on the verge of crying. When she called him over to talk he thought she want to speak about the baby shower but to his shock she told him she was pregnant.

“I mean that I’m carrying your child Abe.” She said calmly. “I’m sorry, I know that you don’t want to hear this.”

“Don’t want to hear this!? No, Deloris I don’t want to hear this. I don’t want a baby with you! Hell is the baby even mine” He shouted at her, and instantly regretted it when her face crumbled. She walked over and slapped him so hard he stumbled back.

“You think that I want a baby with you? Huh? You really think that I wanted to ruin my mending relationship with Maylin?” She screamed in his face. “I may be a lot of things Abel but you know that a whore is not one of them.” Abe pulled her into his arms as she cried, he didn’t mean to hurt her and felt bad about it.

“Shhh, we’ll figure something out ok?” He said rocking her against his chest.

End Notes:

Hope you like. Thanks!!!

Chapter 22 by DRESSA
Author's Notes:

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Kara

The house looked amazing. Abe as usual did a great job on the decorations. There were yellow and white streamers around the walls, balloons were scattered around the room, the party favors were placed on a long table surrounding the cake. There was a table filled with gifts from family and friends. Her mother and Maylin were placing mats and silverware on the dining room table, they had been cooking up a storm all morning. Today was one of the most important days in a woman’s life and she was excited. Jonas was still bringing in gifts from people who weren’t able to make it for one reason or another. He was in the process of carrying in a huge box covered in cloud wrapping paper. Kara laughed and tried to help him with the box but he told her no and dropped it near the gift table before sitting on it.

“Poor baby.” She smiled and wiped the sweat off his brow. He pulled her onto his lap and snuggled her neck.

“Give your man a kiss for all his hard work.” He pulled her head down and kissed her slow and sweet. He had extra reason to be happy today, last night he got a call from Detective Sloan stating that they caught the guy that killed Maryann and he was beyond happy to have that off his back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~<@

Deloris

She took a deep shuttering breath of air as a wave of nausea hit her. She had forgotten how bad morning sickness was. Placing her palm against her belly, she smiled, she was having another baby and it felt surreal to her. Telling Abe that it was his baby was a huge gamble, she honestly didn’t think he would believe her, in truth it might be his, and it might be Gages. She didn’t care who’s it was, passing it off as Abe’s baby was all that mattered to her. Looking over her shoulder through the glass sliding doors at Maylin she growled. Everyone thought that she was friends with the woman but she still hated her, and she was determined to ruin her life. She was going to get her revenge against Maylin and she’ll be waiting with open arms for Abe to come crawling back to her. Maylin waved at her to come into the kitchen and she smiled like a shark hunting its prey and walked back into the house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<@

Stacey

She waited patiently as she rang the door bell a second time. After months of digging she still couldn’t find anything on Deloris, but she did find out that she had a cousin from her father’s side and decided to pay him a visit, hopefully he could tell her what she needed to know. The front door opened to a very beautiful light skin woman with long dreads. Stacey put on her best smile and held out her hand but the woman shook her head.

“I’m sorry but I not interested in whatever your selling.” She said in a soft polite voice. Stacey was appalled, no one had ever confused her for a sales woman before. Choosing to brush it off, she laughed.

“Actually, my name is Stacey Darley and I’m looking for a Gage Wilson.” She said as sweetly as she could. Suspicion flashed across the woman’s face before she covered it up with a fake smile of her own.

“Well I’m his wife Leslie, what can I do for you?” She leaned against the door frame and crossed her arms over her chest. Stacey looked Leslie up and down, she was dressed in a simple but elegant cream colored dress, at least she had some kind of fashion sense, she thought.

“I was looking for information on his cousin Deloris.” She said grimly. Leslie face clouded with anger and she stood aside and let Stacey in. She followed Leslie into the kitchen and took a seat at the table. “I can see that by the look on your face, your not a fan of Deloris” She said crossing her legs.

“No. I can’t stand that evil bitch. You said your name was Darley, are you related to Jonas Darley?” She asked. Stacey nodded her head and smiled at the thought of her son.

“Yes, I’m his mother.” She said proudly. Leslie smiled also, they sat in a awkward silence until Stacey spoke up. “Maybe you can help me. I need dirt on Deloris, she’s threatening my family’s life.” The was confusion written on Leslie’s face, Stacey held up her hand and stopped her from speaking. “ Let me finish. Now my son was a suspect for the murder of his ex-girlfriend, he was taken in and questioned but they let him go because of the lack of evidence. I overheard my husband trying to get Deloris to confess to the murder, unfortunately she turned it around on him and threatened to frame him for it, she then told him she would take care of it, the bitch made a pass at my husband in my house before leaving.” Stacey spat put with venom on her tongue. Leslie’s eyes were wide and she was twiddling her thumbs, Stacey narrowed her eyes and looked at her closely.

“You know something don’t you? You have to tell me.” She said desperately. Leslie grimaced and looked away.

“I can’t, if I do that then Gage will get in trouble also.” She said softly.

“How much will it take? Huh? I’ll write you a check right now for whatever you know.” She reached into her purse for her check book but Leslie shook her head no.

“I don’t need your money. Gage has enough of it, probably more then you. I want immunity for Gage. If I tell you what I know then you have to promise me that you’ll keep Gage out of whatever your planning.” Leslie pleaded. Stacey wasn’t completely sure if she would keep that promise depending on the information but she would agree to anything.

“I promise Leslie, that Gage will not be harmed.” She held up her right hand. Leslie smiled in relief and took a deep breath.

“Ok then. About two months ago, Deloris showed up here frantic. She said she had murdered a woman named Maryann and she needed to find someone to take the fall for it. Gage promised to take care of it for her. After he agreed to help her they…they.” Leslie sighed and wiped the tears falling from her eyes. “They went downstairs and had sex.” She looked away ashamed.

Stacey was baffled, her brain was on overload, she was getting way more information then she’d bargained for.

“Deloris is fucking her cousin. Wow. Is that all you know? Is there anything else you might have heard?” She rushed out. She had another witness to Deloris confessing to murder.

“Ummm…she did mention a woman’s name, it was Maylin, but I couldn’t hear what else that was said.” She said sadly. Again Stacey’s head was reeling as she recalled that Kara’s step-mother was attacked a while back. She was quite sure that Deloris had something to do with it. She looked up at Leslie’s sad face confused by this woman.

“Tell me something Leslie. Why are you concerned about Gage? I mean he’s having sex with his cousin right under your nose.” She asked firmly. Leslie hunched her shoulders and continued to cry.

“I love him. He was there for me when I needed him most.” She whimpered. Stacey laughed, she didn’t mean to make light of the woman’s feelings but she was being ridiculous.

“I believe that it was Tina Turner that said “What’s Love Got To Do With It.” You have a man that must not give a damn about you. There’s nothing worse then a weak woman, get it together and hold your head high. I may not know you, but I know pain and its written all over your face.” Stacey said as she stood up. “Now I’ve assumed that your going to my daughter in-law’s baby shower by the gift that’s sitting on the counter. While there we’ll confront Deloris.” She said smiling as the wheels in her head were set into motion.

End Notes:

Hope you like. Thanks!!

Chapter 23 by DRESSA
Author's Notes:

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Kara

The party was going great, they had already played three games and now everyone was just lounging around waiting to look at the cake before dinner. She was so glad everyone could make it. Mona was walking around making sure everyone was ok, she wisely avoided Alastair, who was giving her the eye all afternoon. Jonas and Abe were having an engaging conversation about football, Abel was a big fan and played in his senior year of high school. Her father and Gage were off in the corner talking stocks and bonds with Darwood. Kara smiled and nodded at whatever Shannon had just said, she and Sheldon were talking about something, she noticed that her mother, Stacey, and Leslie were huddled in the dining room whispering, from the looks of it her mother was in a defensive stance, with Stacey glaring at her. Deciding she wanted to know what was going on she stood up and wobbled on her feet before making her way into the next room.

“You better confess what you did Deloris or we will!” Stacey said in a harsh whisper.

Kara crossed her arms over her belly and tilted her head to the side. “What exactly does she need to confess Stacey?” She asked, the three women stood there dumbfounded. Kara looked at her mother in questioning. “Mama? What are they accusing you of?”

Deloris shook her head and shrugged her shoulders. She placed a hand on her hip and looked at Stacey and Leslie, daring them to say something.

“Nothing sweetheart, Stacey and Leslie were just telling me that they were leaving.” She said tight lipped. Kara didn’t believe a word she was saying but decided to let it go until Leslie spoke up.

“Why don’t you tell your daughter Deloris? Why don’t you tell her what you did and what you’ve been doing?” She shouted, her shout started to bring everyone into the room. “Go ahead and tell them!” She shouted again this time she was in Deloris’s face. Kara and everyone else was shocked, no one had ever heard or seen Leslie so angry before, she was usually shy and anti-social but today she was all out there. Gage came forward and pulled her back, he gave her a look that said shut up but she shook him off.

“Don’t touch me! How dare you come to this bitches defense?” She screamed at him. He grabbed her shoulders and shook her.

“I’d suggest that you calm your ass down Leslie.” He growled at her. Leslie pushed him off.

“You suggest? You have no right to suggest anything when your fucking HER!” She pointed at Deloris. The entire room became silent as they looked between Deloris and Gage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<@

Deloris

She really couldn’t believe this was happening to her. All she had wanted to do today was celebrate her daughters pregnancy when those two bitches confronted her, she thought that they were going to give it up once Kara entered the room, but she was wrong. Now all eyes were on her. Never in a million years would she have thought Leslie had the nerves to stand up to her and call her out, she knew that Leslie had known about her and Gage, but she figured if the bitch wasn’t woman enough to stand up for hers then she didn’t deserve him. Deloris reached back with all her might and struck Leslie across her face so hard that the woman fell back against her husband.

“How dare you, you worthless bitch! Just because you can’t please your husband you have to accuse me of fucking him?” She raised her hand to strike her again but Jonas grabbed her arm and pulled her back. Leslie laughed and stood straighter.

“You can put up a brave front if you want to Deloris, but know this..I saw the two of you in the basement fucking like rabid dogs.” She turned to Gage and cried. “Why Gage? Why? I’ve given you everything a man could ask for. I was a good wife. For five years I waited for you to stop and remember me! To acknowledge ME!” She screamed and shoved him. He held her still.

“You’ve known for five years and you never said a word?” Gage asked amused. “Your more pathetic then I thought.” He said and pushed her away.

“Wait, wait. I thought she was suppose to be lying Deloris, now he’s admitting that it’s the truth.” Jonas said confused. Her head was reeling, she looked over at Kara to plead with her, hoping that she would believe her, but she had her face buried in her father’s chest. If looks could kill she would be dead three times over, one of those looks coming from Abe.

“So there’s a chance that I’m not even the father of your baby?” He asked. Abe sat Kara to the side and walked over to her. “Well Deloris? Now that we all know that you’ve been screwing your cousin, for god knows how long, there’s a chance that I’m not the father of your baby.”

Kara looked at her questioningly and was about to speak when Maylin pushed her way to the front of the crowd and stood in between her and Abe.

“You had sex with her? How long has this been going on Abe?” She asked sobbing. To Deloris’s dismay he pulled Maylin into a tight embrace and kissed her.

“Sweetheart, It was when you were in the hospital. I-I didn’t know what was going on. I may have had too many drinks. All I know baby is that I woke up next to her in bed and I instantly told her that nothing else could occur.” He said pleadingly. Maylin just shook her head and pulled away.

“So while I was in a coma you were fucking this whore.” She shouted. “And you…I thought we were becoming friends, but all you wanted was to steal my husband away from me.” Deloris rolled her eyes and laughed.

“It wasn’t that hard sweetie, he gave it up so easy. We went all night long.” She smirked.

“Stealing your husband wasn’t the worse thing that she’s done to you.” Stacey said stepping forward. Deloris took a step back. Stacey had a grin on her face that could rival a hungry wolf. “She attacked you Maylin. She put you in that coma and while you were there she went about screwing your husband.” She said smirking.

“Mama? Did you attack Maylin? Did you!?” Kara screamed at her breathless. Jonas rushed to her side and held her up. She rushed over to Kara’s side.

“Baby you know I would never do such a thing. Yes I’ve been having sex with Gage, and yes I seduced your father, but I would never do such a thing like that.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<@

Stacey

She laughed in excitement. This was going better then she’d thought it would, at first she was sure that Leslie was going to blow it and back off, but she surprised her by confronting Deloris first. Everyone was now looking at Deloris with disgust and angry, but she was just getting the ball rolling.

“That’s not all you did is it Deloris? Why don’t you tell us what else you did.” Stacey said smiling. Deloris growled at her and lunged, thankfully she was held back by an angry Sheldon.

“You bitch! Both of you are trying to ruin everything I’ve worked hard for.” She screamed hysterically. Leslie who was still crying wiped her eyes and blinked a couple of times before speaking.

“I overheard Deloris and Gage talking. She admitted to killing a woman named Maryann and asked Gage to help her find someone too take the fall.” She said glaring at the woman.

“I also overheard her speaking to my very own husband.” Stacey said giving Darwood a disappointed look. “Darwood called her over to confess to the murder, but she said she’d blame it on him if he didn’t keep his mouth shut.” Stacey shrugged Darwood’s hand off of her when he touched her shoulder.

“You killed Maryann?” Jonas accused. “I was blamed, then you had some kid take the fall. what the hell is wrong with you.” He screamed.

“I will not sit here and be yelled at and blamed for shit that this bitch is pulling out of her ass.” Deloris said.

“It’s the truth. I went to Maryann’s hotel room to talk her into leaving town, but when I got there she was already dead and Deloris was there holding the gun.” Darwood said sadly.

“You idiot! How dare you sale me out!” She blurted out before covering up her mouth and realizing that she said that out loud. Deloris looked around her at all the faces before pushing past everyone and running out of the house.

“Why are you all doing this? Why?” Kara cried out. Stacey tried to embrace her but she pushed her away. “It’s not enough that you hate the fact that I’m black, but you have to stoop so low as to accuse my mother of murder and assault. Get out! Get out of my house now!” Kara cried before running upstairs. Jonas looked behind her and sighed.

“I think that you all should leave. I need to go tend to my wife.” Jonas said leaving the room.

Stacey felt bad that she had a hand in ruining the party but she had to expose Deloris for what she really was, a she bitch. She looked around at everyone left in the room.

“We need to figure out that what to do about Deloris. She cant get away with what she’s done.” She said to everyone as they walked to the front door, they all nodded in agreement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<@

Jonas

He balanced the cake as he pushed the door open with one hand. Kara was on the bed crying and he knew this wouldn’t make everything go away, but she would feel better somewhat.

“Baby, I know that your angry and sad, but we will still have something important to do.” He said sitting on the bed and pulling her into his arms.

“How can I not be sad? Your mother is accusing mine of something she didn’t do. I don’t want your mother to ever step foot in this house again Jonas! She’s and evil spiteful bitch.” She said fuming. Jonas grabbed her chin and lifted her head up.

“I love you with everything in me Kara, but don’t every disrespect my mother.” He said sternly. She moved herself away from him and rolled her eyes.

“So your taking her side. You believe that my mother is a incestuous murderer? that’s just great.” She said shaking her head. Jonas sighed, he knew he wouldn’t be able to get through to her. He did believe in his heart that Deloris was all of the things she’s been accused of, but he wouldn’t admit that to her.

“It doesn’t matter what I think babe. All that matters is what you believe. Now like I said I know what will make you feel better.” He said placing the cake box in front of him before pulling her back into his lap. “We still haven’t found out what we’re having.” He said grinning when her eyes lit up with interest. “You ready?” He asked, when she nodded he smiled and pulled the tape up from the box and opened it.

“Oh My God!” Kara shouted and hugged him. The cake was decorated in all blue with yellow ducks on it. The inscription said ‘Congratulation, Your Having Twin Boys!!!’

End Notes:

Hope You Enjoy!!!!

Author's Note by DRESSA

Sorry about the lack of updates, but my laptop is currently out of order so i'm typing via smart phone. Please bare with me. Thanks

This story archived at http://https://www.valentchamber.com/vault/viewstory.php?sid=1517