Fate of a Surrogate by pokerdiva01
Summary:

This is a story about a couple who wants to have a child. They will have to use a surrogate to have this baby. The woman they selected is a college graduate who wants to go to Law school. She sees this as a an excellent financial opportunity. She figures the couple gets the baby and she will get her Law degree, however, fate will effect all of their lives.


Categories: Original Fiction Characters: Original Character(s)
Classification: None
Genre: Drama
Story Status: None
Pairings: None
Warnings: Adult Situations
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 34 Completed: No Word count: 39835 Read: 30970 Published: 20/10/08 Updated: 10/03/11
Story Notes:

Disclaimer this is a original fanfiction. All characters and plots belong to the author. I have no relationships with creators, producers or any media franchises. 

 This is my first time posting a fanfiction on this board. Please bear with me as I learn how to do this.

1. Chapter 1 by pokerdiva01

2. Chapter 2 The Beginning by pokerdiva01

3. Chapter 3 Picking and Choosing by pokerdiva01

4. Chapter 4 Should I or Shoudn't I by pokerdiva01

5. Chapter 5 The Club by pokerdiva01

6. Chapter 6 Unexpected by pokerdiva01

7. Chapter 7 The Meeting by pokerdiva01

8. Chapter 8 Surprises by pokerdiva01

9. Chapter 9 The Big Picture by pokerdiva01

10. Chapter 10 Good News by pokerdiva01

11. Chapter 11 Its Magic by pokerdiva01

12. Chapter 12 Nontraditional by pokerdiva01

13. Chapter 13 Life and Death by pokerdiva01

14. Chapter 14 Beneath the surface by pokerdiva01

15. Chapter 15 Beneath the Surface part II by pokerdiva01

16. Chapter 16 Author Comments by pokerdiva01

17. Chapter 17 Words of Wisdom by pokerdiva01

18. Chapter 18 Ups and downs by pokerdiva01

19. Chapter 19 Crossroads by pokerdiva01

20. Chapter 20 Ups and Downs by pokerdiva01

21. Chapter 21 Twist of Fate by pokerdiva01

22. Chapter 22 I have some explaining to do by pokerdiva01

23. Chapter 23 Will to live or will to die ? by pokerdiva01

24. Chapter 24 Time Will Tell by pokerdiva01

25. Chapter 25 Let the Healing begin by pokerdiva01

26. Chapter 26 Everyone has Secrets ... by pokerdiva01

27. Chapter 27 Ten Fingers and Ten Toes by pokerdiva01

28. Chapter 28 Questions Answered by pokerdiva01

29. Chapter 29 What Gives? by pokerdiva01

30. Chapter 30 What Gives ?... part II by pokerdiva01

31. Chapter 31 Anticipation by pokerdiva01

32. Chapter 32 Family Matters by pokerdiva01

33. Chapter 33 The Wait is over by pokerdiva01

34. Chapter 34 You Complete Me by pokerdiva01

Chapter 1 by pokerdiva01
Author's Notes:
Chapter one will be the introduction of the characters.

Character Introductions

Saige Mare Steel 28  intelligent, beautiful, business woman and unable to have a child of her own.

Mr. Jeffrey Ryan Steel 31 lawyer inherited his father Law firm after his parents untimely death.

Ms. Jailynn Renee Mathews 22 college graduate wants to attend Law School and needs financial assistance.

End Notes:

These are the main characters with interactions with people around them. There will be other main characters introduced later in the story its all plot driven.

Chapter 2 The Beginning by pokerdiva01

Jeffrey and Saige Steel looked like the perfect couple. He was a lawyer with his own firm. She was the owner of a succesful interior design business. They lived in a affluent community in a 1.3 million dollar home. They only wore name brand clothing and had matching BMW's but different colors. They could afford to take exotic vacations. They belonged to the local country club and were well know among the community. However they didnt have any children which was a deep desire in both of their hearts.

They have been married for 5 years and trying to conceive for the last 2 years. They have spent thousands of dollars on specialists, IVF treatments, and have gone to Europe to seek out non traditional medical treatments which failed. It was the last specialist Dr Chen who finally sat them down and had a heart to heart with them. He told them to consider adoption or a surrogate because upon close review of their medical history biological children of their own wasnt going to be possible. But the most devasting news of alll was he advised them they would need a sperm and egg donor.

Jeffrey and Saige went straight home after this finally consultations. They rode home in silence both of them in deep thought. Saige went straight upstairs to their bedroom and told jeffrey she needed a moment alone. " Honey are you ok? he asked. " Im fine its not the first time we have gotten bad news." she turned heading upstairs. Jeffrey decided to go into his home office to review files wanting a distraction.

Jailynn sat in the loft of her apartment. She was officially a college graduate pondering the next chapter of her life. She laughed to herself because she already knew what she wanted to do. Jailynn wanted to attend Law School however financial it seemed impossible.  She had earned scholarships to pay for her undergraduate tutition which meant she didnt have any student loan debt and wanted to keep it that way.

Currently she was working as a paralegal for Steel and Steel Law firm where she had done her internship while in college. They had offered her a position even before she had graduated. The salary was fine but it wouldnt allow her to attend Law school for a year. Jailynn laughed at herself because she had planned on taking the year off anyway but she always weighed her options if their was away to attend this year she would. " Ok enough feeling sorry for myself she mumbled. it was Saturday which ment she had the day off. She decided to treat herself to a manicure and pedicure.

Saige sat in the middle of her bed crying and holding a pillow rocking. The news she received today wasnt what she was expecting. She was talking out loud to herself, " I m not a woman I cant have a baby naturally and I cant even provide a egg." Oh God Oh God what have I done to deserve this." she cried. Jeffrey had decided to join his wife upstairs. He knew her fine meant she wasnt ok. He was shaken his self learning that he couldnt provide a sperm and she couldnt provide a egg which meant there wouldnt be a biological child. They would have been happy with one child he thought.

His thoughts were broken upon reaching his room and he heard Saige crying hysterically. His wife was a strong woman by nature. She was of africian american decent with a mixure of native american. She was absolutely beautiful drawn to her the first time they met at charity function at his dad's law annual christmas party. He remember thinking what beautiful children they would have. His thoughts were broken when he heard her cry out again. He entered the room immediately going over to the bed to gather her into his arms. "  Dont cry baby dont cry Im going to make this better for you. Remember I promised you the world." he placed her head on his shoulder. " I want a baby too" he assured her but began to cry himself.

 

Chapter 3 Picking and Choosing by pokerdiva01
Author's Notes:

Meet Jarred Michael Steel 31 Jeffrey twin brother known as the black sheep of the family.

Siage Steel was the first to arrive at the restaurant where she would be meeting her husband for lunch. She was anxious because he had a surprise for her. It had been 3 weeks since discovering they wouldnt be able to have children of their own. But Jeffrey promised she would have a child to love. If there was one thing she knew about Jeffrey he would move mountains to give her what she desired most which was to be a mother.

Jeffrey still sat in traffic waiting for the light to change. He was excited about the news he would share with his wife. He glanced over at the folder that was on the passenger seat beside him. He had accomplished alot over the past 3 weeks. He looked at his watched damn he was late but Saige would wait for him. The light finally turned green.

Jarred Michael Steel tried to get comfortable as he sat by the window on the private jet. He couldnt believe he was heading home. He left when he was 18 years old because he never fit in with his family. He was a twin to Jeffrey Steel who was the oldest and favorite in his parents eyes. They were identical but treated differently while growing up. Jeffrey was the good twin he was considered the bad one.

He hated living in the shadow of his brother. He began to act out in middle school and his behavior didnt improve even when he went to high school. He couldnt tell you how many times he had been suspended. He constently ran away to friends houses weeks at a time and his parents didnt seem to notice or care. Jeffrey did his best to bond and be friends but he was a constant reminder of what a failure he was.

Even the death of his parents didnt bring them closers. He came to the church but sat in the back and he stood by the trees at their burial going unnoticed by his parents friends.It was a shame because his brother was the only family he had left. They did speak briefly at the cementary but he left immediately afterwords returning to his life overseas. It has been two years sense they spoken that was until he called him 3 weeks ago.

Jarred was surprised but glad to hear from his brother. It was awkward at first but then after 15 minutes Jeffrey poured his heart out to his brother sharing intimate details of his current situation of not being able to conceive a child and how devasted his wife was. He actually could feel the hurt and pain maybe it was the twin connection. He could tell his brother loved his wife. He continued to listen. Then at the end of the conversation his brother humbled himself asking for his help.

He was moved to tears by the lengths of which his brother was willing to go to give his wife her heart's desire . There was no way he could say no. Jarred explained to Jeffrey he need a few weeks to complete two major project at work and then he would come home. He was thinking what better way to reconnect with his brother then to give the gift of life.

Jeffrey handed his keys to the valet then went inside to meet his wife. She didnt notice him at first but when she looked up to see who was approaching she smiled. He greeted her with a kiss then he handed her the file." The key to our future is in that file," he took her hand in his squeezing it watching as she opened the file.

Inside was a picture of a young woman along with a application and other papers. Saige scanned it briefly confused. " What is this Jeffrey? she asked no longer smiling. "Her name is Jailynn Mathews she will be our surrogate if you approve." I have set up a meeting with her for tomorrow." she is the best candidate out of all the applications I recieved." he replied. Saige stared back at her husband with a look of shock. Jeffrey tried to guage her reaction. She was speechless which wasnt a good sign.

He sat back running his hand through his hair wondering if he had done the right thing. When she still didnt say anything he spoke up. " Saige talk to me. I did this for us. I knew how upset you were and after we talked about getting a surrogate I figured why wait. Our firm has dealt with cases like this. It was easy to pull this off in three weeks." he shared. Saige picked up the file again staring at the beautiful girl in front of her.

 She was reminded of herself the eyes and smile. How could she be mad? He was always putting her first. She stood up from her seat walking over to her husband kissing him for all to see," I love you Jeffrey Steel," she turned going back to sit down. " I cant wait to meet her," she said picking up her menu to order. Jeffrey decided he wouldnt mention his brother until later. He prayed everything would fall into place.

 

End Notes:

The next chapter is about Jailynn Mathews

Chapter 4 Should I or Shoudn't I by pokerdiva01
Author's Notes:

Jailynn Mathews

3 Weeks ago...

Jailynn Mathews was having lunch with Jessica a fellow co-worker in one of the unoccupied conference rooms. They were reading the want ads of the local paper mainly for entertainment purposes. There were the usually ads individuals seeking a roomate, handyman or sometimes a lover. But today there was an ad that caught Jailynn's interest. "Hey Jessica listen to this," she began to read out loud.

" Wanted Surrogate Mother - My wife and I are a childless couple interested in finding a unique individual. Someone who would like to give us the greatest gift of all a child to call our own." Jailynn felt her heart ache for them. She continued on, " You must be between the age of 21 - 25, drugfree, intelligent, friendly and willing to sacrifice a year of your life. The individual will be compensated. Serious inquires only." she skipped over the Contact information.

Jailynn found herself reading the ad again but to herself this time. "Jess what do you think? she asked her friend. " Dont tell me you are thinking about responding," sending Jailynn a questioning look. SHe didnt answer at first, " What a girl could wonder. I remember reading a article in People magazine about couples who paid women thousands of dollars to have their babies." Listen Jess I have to reasons for doing it. " First if I could make a couple dream of having a baby come true. Then they make my dream of going to Law School come true its a win for both sides." Jailynn finished explaining to her friend.

" You are crazy was Jessica's final word on the subject because their break was over. Jailynn tucked the newspaper into her purse and went back to work. Jailynn went straight home after work. She took a shower threw on some sweats she planned to order out for dinner. Jailynn went to get her purse to get her money ready for the delivery guy. When she open her purse the want ad was in plain view. She took it out and sat on the couch reading it for the 4th time. There was no one with her except her thoughts. She made up her mind she was going to call.

Present day

Jailynn sat on her couch her hand shaking as she read the letter that she has received registered mail. She had been selected to continue on with the surrogate interview process. In fact the couple was interested in meeting her tomorrow. They gave her a private number allowing her to speak directly with them to discuss the details of their meeting. She sat back leaning her head against the back of the couch. Jailynn began to have a few doubts. " Ice cream Yes that will help me." She looked at the clock it was 5pm she had one hour before she needed to call them.

It was 5:55pm when she finally dialed the number it rang 3 times ok if they dont answer on the 5 ring Im hanging up she thought. Then a deep voice gentlemen The Steel residence," he said. Jailynn paused then spoke up," Hello Mr. Steel this is Jailynn Mathews I'm calling to discuss our meeting tomorrow." she replied. " Yes Ms Mathews we have been expecting your call," he covered the mouth piece to speak to his wife. "Its her Saige smiled put her on speaker phone.

" Hi Ms Mathews" call me Jailynn. ok " Can I put you on speaker phone was his next question. My wife would like to speak to you as well.. That will be fine Mr Steel." he put her on speaker phone." Call me Jeffrey and my wife name is Saige," Hi Jailynn came the sweetest voice. She said hi back. It seemed they had a instant connection from the start. They ended up spending 30 minutes on the phone talking and they finally agreed on meeting at their home because everyone felt comfortable with that idea.

Jailynn hang up phone the doubts she had before the call had gone away. She was excited about meeting the couple. Jeffrey and Saige were excited. " She called I cant believe it." I had my doubts thinking maybe she would back out like some of the others. They had one other candidate to meet with all the others had fallen through. Jeffrey didnt share those files with his wife because he had his mind set on Jailynn because she resemble his wife the most.

Jeffrey kissed his wife good night she was heading up to bed. He told her he would join her shortly. He watched her go upstairs then returned to his office. He picked up the phone to call his brother. His flight should have landed and he should be checked into the hotel by now." Yes can I be connected to Jarred Steel's suite." One moment sir. Jeffrey felt bad they he had to put his own brother up in a hotel but it would only be for a few nights. Then he would meet his sister-in-law for the first time.

 

 

Chapter 5 The Club by pokerdiva01

It was friday night Jailynn was restless. The meeting with the Steel's was tomorrow evening. She didnt feel like stay home. She called Jessica to see if she wanted to have a girls night out. Jess thought it was a great idea. Jailynn told her to be ready for 10:30pm because ladies were free until 11pm. Its a date both of them started laughing. Neither one of them had a boyfriend at the present time. Well that wasnt true there was Jessica's ex Brian.

It took Jailynn a hour to decide what to wear. She finally settled for a red v neck halter top and a pair of dark blue low rider jeans. She completed the look with matching red high heel sandels.  She wore her hair up with a clip. She put on her earrings and a necklace, perfume, a minimal amout of make up and lip gloss. Jailynn looked at her reflection one last time she was satisfied with the results.

She picked Jessica up promptedly at 1030pm. She had decided to wear a light blue mini dress that stopped mid thigh and her blue heeled sandels were the same color  She wore her hair down. They both looked amazing each having their own distint styles. Jessica jumped into her car and started blasting the music as if they were already at the club. Jailynn gave her key to the valet. He couldnt keep his eyes off of them. They giggled while walking away know he was still checking them out.

Jarred was settled into the penthouse suite he would call home for the next few weeks. He was rested because he had taken a nap because of the jetlag. He decided to go out. He showered. He put on dress jeans, a white Ralph Lauren button down shirt leaving a few buttons open. He combed his hair. Put on some Versace cologne for men. He grabbed a jacket the let. He drove a round for a while until he found him at the local hot spot. It was a new club called Infusion.

It was crowded bodies everywhere but it was a larger club but you still had room to move. He went to the bar to order a drink. While he waited for his drink he felt the stares of many females. You couldnt help but notice a 6'2 nice build, handsome face and a million dollar smile that he flashed their way. Jarred paid for his drink he took a sip then began to scan the crowd. It wasnt as if he would recognize anybody. He laughed to himself. He continued walking around he was confident but not cocky.

He was walking past the dance floor when he saw her dancing. He stopped to watch her mesmerized by the way she moved her hips along with the rest of her body, Jailynn loved to dance she kept moving and shaking turning all around oblivious to the fact she had an admirer. He felt as if she was give him his own private show. Her face was exquisite though he only got a glance of it each time she turned around. He liked her neck because he envisoned himself placing tender kisses there. He loved how her halter top revealing but left something to the imagination. He eyes continue down her body slender waist flat stomach. Next he looked at her azz which was perfectly outlined by her jeans. He wanted her he thought to himself.

Jess noticed him staring in their direction",Jailynn, dont look now but the finest man I have ever seen is checking you out," she told her. " Jess stop messing with me," was her reply back. However,her curiosity got the best of her. Jailynn still dancing turned around making eye contact with the handsome stranger. He reminded her of a greek god, Neither one of them spoke they just stared. " Earth to Jailynn Jessica's voice is what brought her back. She turned to face her friend. " Are you going to just stand there gawking at him was her question. " No yes I mean give me a chance to think. " Well you dont have long because he heading straight for you.

Jarred approached," May I have this dance?" he asked Jailynn. A slow song was now playing. Jailynn said yes. He took her hand in his. Then placed his other hand at her waist there bodies werent touching but she was close enough to smell him. The man was sexy.They began swaying to the music." He pulled her closer in order to whisper something in her ear," You are beautiful " he remarked. Jailynn said."Thank you, and that must make you handsome", she replied. He laughed liking her sense of humor.They continued to dance.

They decided to stop dancing after two songs. " Let me buy you a drink,"Jarred took her hand making a path to the bar. His size has its advantages. After getting their drinks they found a table in the corner. He pulled out her seat." He sat down joining her.' He picked up her hand placing a soft kiss on it.' Are you going to tell me your name or am I going to have to guess?."he placed kisses on her fingers tips waiting to hear her name. "Jailynn" she didnt say her last name. I like it he said. " Well you know my name whats yours? He paused then said Jarred.

Chapter 6 Unexpected by pokerdiva01
Author's Notes:

Its all about timing for Jailynn and Jarred

Jailynn and Jarred enjoyed their conversation and flirting for the rest of the evening. They dance a few more times enjoying the closeness of their bodies. If you only knew what I want to do to that gorgeous body of yours," Jarred whispered in her ear causing Jailynn to bit her bottom lip which was sexy as hell in his eyes. " If you only knew what I wanted to do your body she thought to herself. She decided to play coy and snuggled closer into his arms. It was about 20 minutes later when the lights went up and people started to make their way out of the club.

Jailynn looked around for her friend," Oh great she muttered under her breath. Jarred saw a bit of distress in her eyes. " Whats the matter? he asked her. " I dont see my friend Jess. Its not like her to abandon me." She is my ride," she explained. " Hey why dont we look around four eyes is better than two," Jailynn laughed at his joke not hearing that since grade school. They looked around for about 10 minutes. Jess was nowhere to be found the restroom was the last place. Jarred waited outside the door for her. " Looks like Ill be taking a cab." she said. Jarred heard her, " No way, I know we just met but I not going to let you take a cab. In his head," especially dressed like that." he thought.

Jailynn never left a club with a guy. Yes she flirted and danced but that was as far as she allowed it to go. She wondered why now she was second guessing herself what made him different. He was older mature than the guys she usually dated. He definitely didnt seem like the ax murder type. She was attracted to him and something told her to trust her instinct. After a moment she finally spoke. Listen first I want  you to know I dont make it a habit to leave with men from the club. The night stops here its understood. I usually leave with my friends, however it seems I been left high and dry. Jarred smiled back at her with a gleam in his eyes. He knew she was telling the truth. But tonight you are the exception to my rule." Dont make me regret it." Jailynn said hope he wouldnt see through her tough act. He did but decided to go along with it. " Your chariot awaits  you Cinderalla," he put his hand on the small of her back to guide her out of the club. The shiver it happened again when he touched her. Jailynn knew she was attracted to this man and he was to her.

Jarred was thrilled that she agreed to let him drive her home. He planned to be the perfect gentleman. He wanted to wring her friend Jess's neck for abandoning her but it was to his benefit. They waited outside for the valet. It was cold and he removed his jacket to put it on her shoulders. She caught a hint of his cologne. It made her think back to when they were dancing close to each other. He stood behind her while they waited as if to say she was his even though they had met only a few hours ago. The valet brought the car around. He tipped the young man but decided to open the door for Jailynn himself. She slid into the car as if she had done it a million times.

Jailynn made herself comfortable and prepared to seatbelt herself in but it seemed stuck. " I cant seemed to make this work she said pulling at the seatbelt. He leaned over to assist her lightly brushing her breast with his arm by accident. Their eyes connected, " Sorry he said. She knew he wasnt trying to feel her up." Its these close quarters she said making light of it. He appreciated it. He put his belt on and turned on the radio. " Where to princess" He asked. She gave him her address programing it in his Gps system. While they were driving Jailynn heard her stomach rumble he probably did too. " Jarred she said. He like how she said his name. " Im probably pressing my luck but do you think you could stop at this deli its not far from my apartment. Im hungry. He laughed not a problem Im actually hungry.

Jailynn fumbled with her keys. The last thing she planned to do was invitate him up for a late snack but neither wanted the night to end. He stood behind her with her feast. " I want you to know," he cut her off you dont invitate men you just met up to your place. I know princess. He followed her into her apartment. She signaled for him to go into the livingroom while she got ice and glasses. Her phone rang. " Hello," Its me Jess." She went into the far corner of the room so he couldnt hear her. " what the hell happend. She asked. Im sorry Jay I ended up leaving with Brian he told me we would come back to get you. We were late and you had already left. " Well I couldnt wait all night for you." Jailynn said. Well Im safe we can talk about this tomorrow she hang up. She didnt share the fact that the fine ass man she had been dancing with all night was sitting in her living room. She got the stuff and went to join him for their picnic.

"Sorry about that. It was Jess it seems her ex stole her away. They came back for me but I was gone. She felt real bad about it she explained. "Well remind me to thank her," Jarred said. She had poured their drinks their fingers lightly brushing against each other. They both tried to ignore the spark. Jailynn got up to distract herself. " Music or Movie " she asked. Jarred told her music. I want to learn more about you he told her. She put on Kenny G cd and joined him on the floor in front of her coffee table. He had removed his jacket and made himself comfortable. She handed him some napkins. They began to eat and talk in between taking bites of their grinders. " Lady first princess," Tell me about yourself." he listened hanging on her every word.

Jarred was fascinated she was not only beautiful but intelligent. He was impressed with her desire to go to law school. She worked for everything she had it wasnt handed to her." Enough about me." I want to know about you. Jarred gave very little family background. He focused on his living overseas and his different projects. He share he was single, enjoyed traveling and was here visiting family. They were engrossed in their conversation not realizing it was almost 4am. It wasnt until Jailynn made eye contact with the clock display on the cable box. " Wow I cant believe its after 4am," she commented.  Jarred was to busy studying her to notice any words coming out of her kissable mouth. SHe touched his arm lightly to bring him out of his deep thoughts.

"I was just noticing the time its just after 4am," she shared. Jarred looked at his watch, " I probably should get going." He rose first then he pulled her up and she landed against his firm chest. They looked into each others eyes. They could no longer deny the desire to kiss. One taste thats all he wanted. Jailynn licked her lips. She couldnt understand why but this man made her want to do things she never thought of doing. This whole evening was unlike her from leaving the club with him to invitating him up and now this. He bent his head down because he was taller than her. She lifted her head up to met his lips.

There was only one word to describe this kiss heavenly. Neither was prepared for the magic that happened between them. Her lips were soft reminding him of silk and she tasted like fine wine. She loved the feel of his lips on hers. He kissed her with a gentle as if air were grazing her lips. Yes he said only a taste but once their lips touched it just wasnt enough. Jailynn couldnt help but let her hands glide up his chest and around his neck to pull him closer. The man knew how to kiss. It didnt bother her that his hands rested on her waist and was caressing her back. He was a gentle giant. They both moan when they finally pulled apart. They stood staring into each others eyes. He brought his hands up to frame her face. " You are beautiful enjoying the feel of her smooth skin." he said before taken her lips for another kisses. Jailynn kissed him back enjoying being in is arms.

This time when they pulled back from each other they put some distance between them." I want to see you again Jailynn," he study her face for a reactions. She smiled, " I would like that too pushing the issue of the surragacy to the back of her mind. He was gathering his things and making his way to the door. It was a good thing because as much as she wanted this man in her bed she knew it would complicate things. Beside she had broken enough of her rules for the evening. He wasnt sure when he would see her again but he knew it had to be soon.

" How about tomorrow he asked." Well I have plans that cant be changed but give me your number and I ll call if its not to late. Jailynn explained.  He looked disappointed but it will have to do he thought to himself. He reached into his wallet to pull out a business card. " Dont worry its not a date," wanting to reassure him. A smile crept across his face. He pulled her to him for one last kiss." I ll be expecting that call he told her as he left. Jailynn shut the door leaning against it staring at the business card. It read Jarred Steel and his business name and contacts. She walked placing it on her fridge. SHe went to her bedroom. Jarred Steel meeting you was unexpected she got ready for bed.

Jared drove back to his suite with a huge smile on his face. He never knew returning home could be beneficial after all. Jailynn was amazing he thought to himself. Then it struck him. Thats all he knew was her first name and where she lived. She never told him her last name. He called her Princess most of the evening. He pulled into the hotel and went up to his suite. Jailynn had his number and he prayed she would call. He headed towards the bathroom to take a cold shower.

 

Chapter 7 The Meeting by pokerdiva01
Author's Notes:

I want to apologize in advance for any spelling grammar or editing errors especially since I write freestyle. Its been a while because we are finally settled into our new house.

 

 

Jailynn hated waking up in the morning but it was worse this morning because she was in the middle of having mind blowing sex with Jarred. Why, Why she thought to herself did she let that man leave last night. She knew the answer one night stands wasn't her thing. However she was tempted last night. The banging on her front door brought her out of her daze. " Hold on a minute Im coming," she yelled making her way to the door pulling on a robe while she did it.

"Jailynn let me in its Jess," she kept banging on the door. Jailynn opened the door and her friend came through handing her car keys in the process. "Im really sorry about last night. I know I was suppose to be the designated driver. I got caught up in Brian shit again." Jess flopped on to her couch. Jailynn stared at her friend shaking her head the girl just couldnt stay away from Brian. " Im not going to say one word about that situation you know how I feel. But I will say thank you," she sat next to her best friend. Jess looked at her with raised eyebrows wondering what Jailynn was talking about.

Jailynn continue, " Remember that fine azz guy I ended up dancing with well he gave me a ride home and on the way we picked up some food and I invited him up." she shared. Jess mouth dropped open " You Ms Im never going to leave a club with a guy. He must be a smooth operator she started to sing the old song. Jailynn tossed a pillow at her friend. " No he's different not like the usually club guy he didnt have any agenda. We clicked it felt right and before you asked we didnt sleep together. But the man does know how to kiss." she smirked to herself.  Jailynn looked up noticing the time. She wanted to continue talking to Jess but she needed to get ready. She told Jess they would finish this discussion over lunch. They hugged and then she left. Jailynn headed back to her room to get ready.

It was an hour later Jailynn stood taking one final look at herself. She looked good. She decided on dressing casual she wore designer jeans sweater and boots  with a leather jacket. She wore her hair down with hardly any make up she liked the natural look.  Jailynn grabbed her purse and the directions from mapquest here goes nothing she thought. Just be yourself thats what her parents always told her. Im doing this in order to make my dreams come true she turned on the radio and started driving.

Jarred was showered and preparing to meet his brother and his wife in hour. He was nerves about coming home intially but after meet Jailynn last night he was beginning to think home might not be so bad after all. He couldn't stop thinkiing about the kiss or how soft she was. He been dating but not these past few months with all the traveling he was doing for work. He was interested in seeing her again and prayed she call. Yes there was a slight age difference but she had a maturity about her. He grabbed his cell no missed calls but the day had only just begun.

Saige and Jeffrey were preparing for the arrival of Jailynn and Jarred. They decided to do a brunch. " Honey are you ok?." Jeffrey asked. " Yes Im fine. You dont think it was a bad idea to have everyone meet like this. I mean Im meeting your brother for the first time, Jailynn meeting us and Jarred will be meeting me." there are a lot of first here Saige said laughing nervously. Jeffrey went over taking her hand in his," Thats my point exactly if this is going to work it will. We are going to be having a lot of first together. like when we get the news we concieved. or the first ultrasound or the first time we hear the heart beat," he said stroking her cheek. Saige reached for a kleenex she felt her eyes tear up. " I love you Jeffrey," she told him. He was really willing to give her the world even if it meant moving mountains.

Jeffrey kisses Saige the tendered moment is broken by the ringing of the door bell. Jailynn stood waiting for the door to open she was biting on her bottom lip she did this when she was nervous. She had turned her back to the door composing herself then she heard someone say her name. " Jailynn.

(sorry it was a short chapter off to work.) 

 

Chapter 8 Surprises by pokerdiva01
Author's Notes:

Jeffrey, Saige, Jailynn and Jarred meet and discuss the surrogacy.

 

Jarred couldnt believe his eyes. It couldnt be her standing on his brother's door step but as he approached it was Jailynn. He called out her name." Jailynn looked up hearing a familiar voice and her name. The sun was shining in her eyes she had to lift her hand to see who was approaching. It was Jarred Steel the man who occupied her dreams all night. They both stood in silence then both said " what are you doing here? " at the same time. Before either could answer Jeffrey opened the door to see Jailynn and Jarred staring at each other.  

Jailynn turned to the door when she caught it opening out of the corner of her eye. She looked up to see a man that looked exactly like Jarred then everything went black. Thankfully Jarred was there to catch her and he carried her into the house following Jeffrey into the livingroom. Saige was coming into the foyer when she heard Jeffrey yell to get a cold compress. Jarred placed Jailynn gently on the sofa. He began to remove her jacket to make her comfortable.

Saige entered the room with them cold compress, " What happened? she asked as she handed cold compress to a man that looked exactly like her husband. Jeffrey moved to stand next to his wife. " She fainted when I answered the door. Jarred was applying the compress to her head and talking to her softly. " Jailynn" he stroked her hand softly. There it goes again that sexy voice, " I must be dreaming she thought but then she felt the stroking of her arm. Her eyes started to flutter open. " Jarred," she whispered. I m here.

Saige had left the room to get a glass of water and came back to hand it to Jarred. He thanked her and told Jailynn to take a sip she did and then wanted to sit up. Jarred helped her sit up and she looked around not familiar with her surroundings.d " What happened?" she asked. " You fainted on my brothers door step," he told her. Your brother's door step?"  They were definitely brothers they looked exactly alike so much so it caused her to faint." Yes you didnt know we had that kind of affect on woman," he joked trying to make light of it. Jailynn found herself smiling instead of feeling embarressed. 

Jeffrey and Saige stood back watching his brother attend to Jailynn causing him to see him in a different light. It was obvious that the two of them knew each other he was wondering how well what are the chances. Jarred noticed his brother and wife staring probably wondering how he knew Jailynn. He was curious about why she was there too. Jeffrey sense things were now under control and decided to do the introductions. Saige I would like you to meet my twin brother. Jarred rose up and gave her a hug. " Its nice to finally meet you sorry I wasnt able to attend the wedding," she added. no problem. Then they all turned towards Jailynn who was now standing. Hi, Im Jailynn Mathews nice to meet you Mr and Mrs Steel she shook their hands.  Then she turned to Jarred "Jailynn and I were introduced to each other yesterday small world." he said smiling down at her.

A staff person entered the living room to speak to Mrs Steel. "Brunch is ready to be served in the dining room. she told them all.  We have a lot to discuss Jeffrey commented as they exited the room. Jarred followed Jailynn out of the room he placed his hand at the small of her back which sent a tingling sensation up her back. He was dying to know what Jailynn's was doing here. Jailynn thought what are the chances he would be related to the couple she could be a surrogate for.

Jeffrey promised Saige he would lead the discussion. He kept going over in his head how he would start the conversation. So far nothing had goine according to plan.. Jailynn's fainting spell and the fact the two of them knew each other wasnt helping matters. Saige was a ball of nerves. She was getting closer to her dream of  being a mother. Jailynn and Jarred were the answers to her prayers. She didnt know either of them but instinct told her everything would be ok. She was a true believer everything happens for a reason whether good or bad.

The Steel brothers pulled the seats out for the ladies. Once eveyone seated drinks were poured and food passed around. Jailynn took a moment to say a blessing over her food in private. It didnt go unnoticed by the others they found it endearing. Jeffrey decided to be direct. Jarred and Jailynn knew individually why they were at the Steel resident. Jarred was willing to be the sperm donor because he would provide the biological link they wanted to the child. Jailynn was selected because she impressed them she was beautiful, intelligent. ambitiuous and resemebled Saige. She was also upfront about needing the money because she wanted to attend law school and she was willing to be the egg donor. Jeffrey had one concern he hadnt planned on them knowing each other and he wonder how  well because it could complicate matters.

Jeffrey pushed his concerns out of his mind and began to speak. "Jarred and Jailynn you both know how much we want a child. The only way this dream could come true is if we adopted or found an individaully willing to be a surrogate. Forturnately for us Jailynn you answered the ad and is willing to donate the egg as well. Jeffrey then looked at Jarred and you my brother have agreed to donate your sperm which will give us a biological link to the child. Saige squeezed her husbands hand as he spoke. That is why we were anxious for you two to meet but fate beat us to it. Jarred and Jailynn glanced at each other as Jeffrey spoke to them.

Conversation in Jailynn's head

No way No way he is a the sperm donor and Jeffreys brother. How How How what are the chances? I could see myself falling for him.

Conversation in Jarred head

No way  No way she would be the surrogate and the egg donor. She is my dream girl.

 

Jeffrey paused then said I know the donors usually stay anonymous but for health reasons we want the child to know the individuals who gave them life and both of you were open to it. I apologize if this isnt coming out right. Jarred saw his brother struggling. Look Jeffrey relax stop trying to sell this idea on the both us. I hope you dont mind me speaking for you. If we werent interested we wouldnt be here. Look why dont we stop enjoy brunch and talk about the surrogacy later.' he took a sip of his drink. Jarred watched the tension leave his brothers body. " Yes I agree." I would love to know how you to met," Saige said with a smile.  Jarred and Jailynn looked at each other and laughed just shaking their heads.

Everyone enjoyed brunch after the pressure of discussing the surrogacy was removed. It was filled of laughter and stories. Jailynn let Jarred have the pleasure of explaining how they met at club Infusion. Jeffrey even joked about Jarred having a little soul in him. " Dont be a hater because I can dance Jeffy boy. Jarred said laughing out loud. Jeff rebuffed by challenging him to a dance off contest. Jailynn talked about school and her job. Jeff almost choked on a strawberry when he learned Jailynn Worked for Steel and Steel. She explained she had done her internship there and was later offered a job after graduation. Jeffrey wasnt happy to learn there could be another conflict of interest but he kept it to himself. Saige talked about her latest projects. It was 2 30pm when they left to head back to the living room to finish talking.

 

 

 

 

 

 

End Notes:
sorry for any errors
Chapter 9 The Big Picture by pokerdiva01
Author's Notes:

Jailynn and Jarred have a private conversation about the surrogacy.

 

 

 

Jarred and Jailynn sat across from each other waiting for the waitress to bring their drinks. They decided to meet privately after meeting with his brother and wife. The last two hours had been intense because they wanted to start the process immediately as long as everyone still wanted to be involved. Jeffrey was efficient and had given Jailynn a packet for her lawyer to review and Jarred had been given one too.

"I still cant believe this happened." Jarred said, " What are the chances two strangers would meet?"Make a connection." Then learn they are going to be sperm and egg donor for the child of his brother." This kind of thing only happens in the movies he joked. Jailynn smirked to herself still processing everything that had happened in the last 48 hrs.

"I m a true believer everything happens for a reason," Jailynn shared. "Look if you havent already guessed Im a driven individual." When I first came across this ad in the paper it was because my friend and I were on lunch scanning through them making jokes here and there." But then I came across your brothers ad and I was drawn to it because I could relate to wanting something really bad." I want to attend law school and I dont have the financial resources for it because I dont want student loans. " I didnt take out any loans to get my first degree and I dont want to be stuck with any loans when I graduate from law school," Jailynn paused while their drinks were being served. She took a sip before continuing.

" I do want to say for the record that the monetary incentive wasnt the sole reason for me deciding to be a surrogate.I was compelled by Jeffrey and Saige's desire to have a child. I was touched even more today when they shared their personal story and from what I could tell they have been disappointed on numerous occassions and have spent thousands of dollars trying. I thought we both can help each other make life long dreams come true." They would be come parents and I would become a lawyer. It a win win situation."if you asked me. " Why did you agree?" she asked.

Jarred took a deep breath before speaking," Jeffrey and I were never close." Yes we are identical twins but that is as far as our connection goes." Jeffrey and I were treated differently while growing up. I was the blacksheep of the family. Jeffrey was the favorite. I left home as soon as I turned 18 and never looked back. Fortunately I worked my way through school and become successful on my own. I have lived overseas for years." Even when my parents died I thought we may reconnect but we didnt." But it was the phone called a few weeks ago. Jeffrey called and broke down if was the first real conversation we ever had."

"He told me everything that was going on concerning them trying to get pregnant," and how a sperm and egg donor and surragote was going to be the only way to make their dream come true." I knew it took alot for him to reach out to his estranged brother." I hope this doesnt sound selfish but I saw it as a opportunity to get my brother back." he stopped to sip his drink. Jailynn reached acrossed the table to squeeze his hand. She understood wanting to be connected to family He continued."I told him I would be his donor." There is only one thing I hadnt planned on meeting you." I was suppose to come home for a few weeks." Take he necessary te st and screenings give my sample and head back overseas."However, I would stay intouch and actually come back and visit."he flashed Jailynn his million dollar smile. " How did you see this surragocy scenerio playing out.?Jarred paused to give her an opportunity to respond."

"I saw myself making this commitment to Jeffrey and Saige. I would complete the necessary test and screenings, I would start the hormone and drug therapy in order for my eggs to be harvested. Pray that the IVF will take on either the first or second try after implantation." I was hoping for an uneventful pregnancy." I would do the doctor visits. and lamaze with Jeffrey and Saige and at the end of 9 months deliver them a healthy baby. Then I would head off to law school." I could only dream it would go this well." taking a sip of her drink. " But then I met you," and then we became a piece in each other puzzles." Jailynn remarked. Jarred sat back and stared at the gem before his eyes time would tell.

They both stared at each other with out speaking. Yes things were definitely complicated but there was no denying the chemistry between them. Jailynn and Jarred were committed to Saige and Jeffrey's surragocy plan. But something had drawn them together last night.

Jarred reach acrossed the table to take Jailynn's hands within his to caress them while he spoke to her." Jailynn would you have a problem with going out for dinner, movie, or  picnic?" I would like to get to know you better. Jailynn smiled," I would like that too."  Jarred brought each of her hands to his mouth and placed a kiss on each of them. " The pleasure is all mine," he said. Jailynn told him to lift his glass and said," Cheers.'

End Notes:

Sorry its a short chapter

 

Chapter 10 Good News by pokerdiva01

Jailynn sat at her desk which was covered with booklets that she had picked up from the doctors office. Jess wondered into Jailynn office she picked up one of the booklets. " You are really going through with this," she sat down glancing at Jailynn." I already explained its all legal and I signed the contract," as a matter of fact I passed the physical and psychological examine with flying colors." Jailynn told her friend. "The real work starts next week.

"There are four phases to IVF that I will be going through. Phase I is the Ovarian Stimulation. My ovaries will be stimulated using medication to produce a multiple amount eggs which is necessary for the next phase which is Phase II Egg Retrival where my eggs are removed for Phase III Fertilization. The sperm which was collected and washed from the donor is place with the eggs retrived from me. They are given a few days to develop. Then in Phase IV the Embroys are transferred back into me and we wait two weeks and then do a blood test to see if it takes." That is the abbreviated version she told her friend. " Wow you have done you research" Better you than me were her parting words.  Jailynn shook her head and continue working looking forward to her date with Jarred.

Steel Residence

Saige and Jeffrey sat cuddling on the couch in front of the fireplace sharing a glass of wine. " I love you Jeffrey and the tears started to roll down her cheek. "I know it was hard for you to ask your brother to be a donor especially since you were estranged from each other." Saige shared. Jeffrey moved a piece of hair from her in order to make eye contact. " Saige I promised to give you the world and a child and I would have went to the ends of the earth to make that happen." he said kissing her eye lids. 

" I hope those are tears of joy. Saige nodded her head yes."When I recieved that call saying Jarred and Jaiynn both passed the physical and psychological examines it ment we were one more step closer to realizing our dream." I dont think I could handle another disappointment not when this feels right. Jeffrey hugged his wife kissing the top of her head.

Jarred penthouse suite..

Jarred looked at his watch he still had 15 minutes before Jailynn arrived he checked the champagne on ice and his appearance. He couldnt wait to celebrate their good news about both of them passing the tests. He heard the soft knock at the door. Jarred opened the door," Hi beautiful he pulled out the flowers he was hiding behind his back," These are for you," he said. " They are beautiful she said taking them to smell. " I feel bad I didnt get you anything." she sighed. " Thats ok I ll settle for a kiss," he closed his eyes and puckered his lips. Jailynn laughed he looked adorable. She placed a quick peck on his lips." Hey thats not a real kiss. He said opening his eyes looking disappointed.

Jarred shut the door and found himself being pushed up against it. Jailynn gripped the front of his shirt and pulled him towards her. His lips were her target. She was wearing a berry flavored lip gloss. She grazed his lips with hers it was the soft kiss at first. She pulled back teasing him. Then she went back for another taste this time she allowed her tongue to lick his top and bottom lip tasting her own berry lip gloss. Jailynn heard him moan. Jailynn decided she wanted their tongues to particiapate and when her tongue enter his mouth his tongue was ready to dance.

Jailynn and Jarred pulled back at the same time both  dazed. She found a voice first," Was that any better? she licked her own lips and asked if he had a vase for the flowers. " Yeah," was the only word he could form at the moment. Jailynn giggled to herself following him into the kitchen to put the flowers in water. Jarred knew he was falling fast and that was only the second time that they had kissed. They had agreed to hangout and get to know each. They were becoming friends.

Jarred placed the flowers in water and then took her by the hands leading her to the couch. He patted the seat next to him and then opened the champagne. He poured each of them a glass. "Heres to a bright future," Cheers." after the toast he told her his plan. " I was hoping we could order takeout and watch a movie or two I rented a variety of them." There may even be a chick flick in there he teased."  Jailynn shoved him." He reached over to grab the takeout menus and they viewed them together and decided on chinese.

Jailynn and Jarred talked about how excited Jeffrey and Saige were when they told  them the good news. They discussed the next few weeks. Jarred had done his resereach and knew Jailynn would be going under alot of procedures more than he would. He was aware of  IVF phases a successful treatment could take 5 weeks. He had decided to stick around to be a support system for her. He figured Saige and Jeffrey had each other. Jailynn admired his thoughtfulness it made him even more attractive.

Jailynn and Jarred spent the night stuffing their faces, laughing, and tickling each other. It was about 2 am when Jailynn woke up to the closing credits of Pretty Woman one of her favorite movies. She felt Jarred warm body beneath hers. Jarred woke up when he felt her squirmming trying to get up. He glanced at his watch and notice the time. Jailynn was walking around gathering her things. " Hey you dont have to go its late and I have a guest bedroom." he came over to stand in front of her. What he was saying made sense he was rubbing her arms as she tried to make up her mind.

She was tired and didnt have to work in the morning and agreed to stay. He told her had an extra toothbush and he gave her a T shirt and robe. He showed her to the guest room which was across from his. " Im a cross the hall if you need me." he kissed her on the forehead goodnight." Night she whispered as he left. Jailynn got ready for the bed. She laid awake starring at the ceiling wondering if she would ever fall a sleep. Jarred tossed and turned trying to fall a sleep.

Jailynn couldnt take another minute of laying in the dark. She grabbed the robe and left the bedroom. He wasnt sure how long she stood there but he heard her come in. He pretended to be sleeping. He could hear her breathing probably trying to make up her mind of what to do. Jailynn too a deep breath and let the robe fall in a pile by the bed. She pulled back the cover and slid in next to him closing her eyes not sure what to expect. Jarred felt the dip in the bed and turned in her direction to gather her in his arms. She snuggled close to him." I couldnt sleep" she said softly. " Neither could I and kissed her on the top of the head. They both drifted off to sleep in the warmth of each others arms.

 

End Notes:

I just want to say thank you for all the comments. Sorry about the editing and errors. but the next chapter will have some interesting developments.

Chapter 11 Its Magic by pokerdiva01
Author's Notes:
This chapter has sexual content and adult situations

Jarred was a light sleeper and when Jailynn decided to adjust her position it woke him up. Jarred tried to keep his erection from poking her in the backside but that was no longer possible when her sifting her position. He gave up trying. Jailynn began rocking her body back and forth building a steady rhythem. The wetness between her legs increasing.

Jarred wasn't dreaming.Jailynn was grinding her ass against his growing arousal. She was sleeping from what he could tell. He tried not to respond but his body betrayed him. He tried turning to his side but her backside followed. He leaned over to whisper in her ear, " Jailynn," there was no response. He placed kisses along her neck trying to wake her. " Hmm and more was her answer." Jailynn if you don't stop Im not going to be responsible for my actions. She turned toward him opening her eyes," Kiss me." she pull his face towards hers.

Jarred couldn't deny himself or her. It was as if time had stopped. Nothing else matter except this precise moment. Magic is the only word that could describe their connection. Jarred wouldnt be rushed his heart, body and soul told him to savor this experience. Jailynn didn't think for the first time in her life she was going to live in the moment. Jarred was kissing her like she asked.

Jailynn loved how he kissed his tongue began dueling with hers as soon as he slipped it into her waiting mouth. Nice and slow lips fused together then he released her top lip but pulled on the bottom and then he dipped in again. Jailynn decided to give him a massage. She started with his head running her fingers through his hair massaging his scalp. Her fingers then moved to his neck to knead it. Her fingers were soft but firm. It was the most erotic feeling. He continued a massage of his own with his lips.

His lips left hers to find her neck and he felt her shiver when he licked and bit  a spot behind her ear. He made a mental note of that sensitive spot. He mutli-tasked because he hands went under her shirt seeking out her beautiful breast that were no longer confined by a bra. He felt her nipples become erect under his touch as he grazed them with his thumbs. He needed to taste them and pushed the shirt up to her neck capturing the right breast in his mouth. He tugged, sucked and rolled his tongue biting the tip causing her to arch her breast towards his mouth. He stopped to pleasure her left breast paying it the same attention. Jailynn stopped her exploration of his body to pull the shirt over her head leaving her clad only in her black lacy thong.

Her hands went back to his body. His chest was muscular and his abs defined he had an six pack. She slid her hands lower meeting the waist band of his bottoms. He didnt wear underware under them allowing her to make contact with his bare skin. She squeezed his ass before taking his semi erect penis in her hands. He was well endowed. Jarred felt himself pulse in her had when she starting stroking him. She pushed his pants down wanting more access to his hard member.

Jarred stopped to discard his bottoms and returning to removing the final piece of her clothing which was a lace black thong. Her wetness was obvious he couldnt wait to taste her. He started by kissing each breast one last time then licked his way down to the edge of the thong pulling it down with his teeth. He rubbed his nose in her moist center. He loved the smell of her sex. He pulled the thong off  then instructed her to spread her legs wide.  He slid his head between her legs and began feasting on her. He parted her lips licking and sucking her juice trying to quench a thrist.  

She was close to cumming and he began to stimulate her clit and his tongue started to thrust in and out and then he rolled her clit between his fingers and she found her release screaming out his name.  He finally found his way back up t her mouth kissing and licking her stomach in the process. She rolled him over telling him its My turn she told him. She pushes him on to his back and kisses him tasting herself on his lips she looked forward to seeing what he tasted like.

She started kissing his neck and then found his ear lob to suck on and then she bit him softly leaving her mark he didnt mind. She loved how he smelled She licked and bit his nipples she even twisted them with her fingers then she sucked the pain away. She tasted the salt of his sweat and it turned her on. Finally she came face to face with his erection. She saw the pre cum and immediately stuck her tongue out to taste it.  She took another lick and then took the head of his penis in her mouth. It was large and she had spread her lips and adjust.

Jarred couldnt take his eyes off of her lips moving over his shaft. She licked and sucked it like a lollipop. She rolled her tongue across the tip then was stroking him and playing with his balls. She took a moment to breath and then went back to working more of him into her mouth. She change positon to take more of him in her mouth. His hips buck alittle whenthe tip hit the back of her throat." Yeah, Yeah just like that beautiful."  He didnt mean to guide her head with down but it was a natural reflex she wasnt bother by it.

Jarred was enjoying mouth but he wanted to be inside the sweet pussy he had tasted earlier. He wanted to feel her warmth wrapped all around him. He pulled out of her mouth and flipped her over." I want to be here and he inserted a finger into her and she w as tight real tight. he slid a second finger into her and she winced biting her lip he pulled the second one out. He pushed the hair from her face. whats the matter? he asked  She turned away embrassed. He brought her face back to his. I m Im and the words just didnt want to come out. He said if for her. Is it your first time? Yes and No I had a boyfreind once and we started to do it we were young and he couldnt perform. He put it kind of in. Just not far enough.He kissed her gentle telling her he was glad she told him.

Jailynn relaxed and he began stroke and getting her as wet as possible. He place kisses along her neck she began stroking him and playing with his ball sac. He felt the juices lubricating his fingers and pulled them up. he brought the tip of his penis to her opening he slid it in a little and back out. He slid it in a little further and back out. He would push in a little further each time until finally he told her it would hurt for few second but then she would enjoy it. He stroked her clit and kissed her and thrust foward dulling the pain because he distracting her.

She adjusted to his size and felt full like he could touch her womb. It may have been her first time but she learned quick. She wrapped her legs around his waist and started welcoming his thrust. He holding back and she could tell. Its ok I trust you. Jarred lost all control. He could explain how good it felt to have her virgin pussy wrapped around him. She fit him like a glove. He was a like a demon possed. But she kept up with him matching each and every thrust. Both of them close to climaxing then he pulled compleltely out and then slammed back into her pushing deep into the mattress. They each called out each others name.

Jarred roll over on to his back pulling her with him he still was hard within her. He didnt want to pull out of quite yet and she didnt mind. The sweat made their bodies glisten. Jailynn snuggled closer to him drifting off to sleep she would worry about tomorrow. Jarred kissed the top of her head. He thought she was sleeping and said I love you and she turned to say I love you. She had told him everthing happened for a reason and he hope she truly believed it.

The next day ...

Jarred woke up wanting to server her breakfast in bed knowing they had alot to discuss. He placed the order then heard a buzzing noise coming from her purse. It was start then stop again. He didnt want to wake her up but somebody was trying to get a hold of her. He decided to bring her purse to her.

Jailynn he shook her lightly she stirred you phone keeps going off. She sat up in bed and noticed 15 missed calls. All from the same number it was her mother. She dialed the number Hello mom it me Jailynn, there was silence on the other end of the phone then finally she heard a voice . Then her mom spoke Jailynn its your dad he had a massive stroke they dont think he going to make it. I need you to come home. " She couldnt form many words she just said OK Ill be there.

 

 

 

 

Chapter 12 Nontraditional by pokerdiva01
Author's Notes:
There is nothing traditional about Jarred and Jailynn or their situation.

Jailynn fell into Jarred's arms crying after getting the news about her dad. He didnt ask any questions he held her close comforting her. She cried for about 10 minutes then finally stopped. " I m sorry ", she told him. Jarred lifted her chin you have nothing to apologize for talk to me Jailynn," He told her to hold on going to get her kleenex. She took a couple from him blowing her nose then she sighed.

"My mom called to tell me my father had a massive stroke and I needed to come home because their not sure if he going to survive," her eyes started to tear. He pulled her back into his embrace kissing the top of her head. Jarred knew what she was going through. He tried not to think about when he got the news his parents were dead. " Listen tell me what to do," anything he insisted. Jailynn informed him she needed to book a flight to Houston, pack, call Saige and Jeffrey, and make arrangements at work. She wasnt sure how long she'd be gone.

Jarred told her to go and take a shower and leave everything to him. She must have stood in the showrer for 30 minutes letting the hot water cascade over her body she couldnt believe all this was happening. Her dad had to make it. They didnt always agree but she loved him. She had a good relationship with her mother and could tell her anything. However, she wondered why she hadnt told her about Jarred or the surrogacy. She finished her shower and went to get dressed hating the fact she would have to wear the same clothes.

Jailynn was surprised when she found a new outfit and lingere spread out on the bed for her. She dressed quickly going to search for Jarred who was on the phone in the livingroom. He signaled for her to give him a minute then he hang up the phone. I see everything fits nicely and you look refreshed he walked over to her kissing her forehead. " Everything is all set my private jet is being fueled right now and we can leave at anytime." I spoke to Saige and Jeffrey they want you to focus on your dad and we can deal with the surrogacy stuff when you return."Dont worry about work Jeffrey took care of your leave." Jailynn stood speechless listening to Jarred." Did I forget anything?," beautiful pulling her into his arms to hug her.

"How all this the clothes. work everything I wasnt in the shower that long," she said starring back at him. " Let say I have connections and Im a man of action." I already threw a overnight bag together." All you have to do is go home pack and off to the airport we go." Jarred informed her. " You dont have to go with me," you have done so much already." Jailynn knew deep down inside she wanted him to go but she didnt want him to feel obligated." Look I want to go if you will have me unless Im imposing." No no not all," I dont want you to feel like you have to take care of me." she said not looking in his direction. " Jailynn the fact of the matter is I do care and want to take care of you," he lifted her chin up with his finger. " I hope you will let me," he placed a tender kiss on her lips.

Later that day in Houston

Flight to Houston was uneventful Jailynn glanced over at Jarred as he drove the  fully loaded BMW to the hospital. He was Hertz VIP. She would have the rental while she stayed in Houston. He had taken care of everything. Jarred would only be staying for tonight he would be flying out on business tomorrow. She gripped his hand as they approached the entrance to the hospital. They went to the information desk to find out how to get to ICU. They went to the nurses station when they exited the elevator. Jailynn was told her fathers room number and headed down the hall. " I can do this I can do this she thought in her head." Jarred stopped her before entering the room and took her hands in his," You can handle this you are strong," and Im going to be right here by your side."  She pushed on the door to enter.  The image in front of her rendered Jailynn speechless.

Jailynn mom looked up feeling a presence in the room and saw it was her daughter and a stange man.  She left her husband bedside to go and hug her Jailynn," Oh baby I m so glad you came," she said. " Jailynn pulled out of her mom arms" of course I would come this is my father." Jarred felt like he was intruding but Jailynn pulled him close. " Mama I would like you to me someone," This is my friend Jarred Steel he made my getting here so quickly possible." she smiled glancing at him. Jarred this is my mom Jacquiline Matthews. He shook her hand, " Pleasure to me you." Jarred saw where she go her beauty. Jackie as her family called him gave Jarred a once over, she knew Jarred had to be pretty special because she never brought any male friends home especially at when her father condition being life threatening. Jackie was gracious and had them go out in the hall to fill them in.

Jackie told Jailynn to go and sit with her father and asked Jarred to go with her to get a coffee. Jarred silently let her know he would be fine and flashed her that killer smile she knew he would when her mother over with his smile alone. Jailynn went back into the room sitting by the side of the bed where her mother had. She put her pocketbook down and picked up his hand rubbing it. " Oh daddy and the tears started to flow. She brought his hand to her cheek. You cant leave me,". The room was silent except for the sounds of the machine that were keeping her dad alive.

"Jarred Steel what are you attentions toward my daughter?" Jackie asked. No small talk straight shooter he thought they would get along quite well." " I hope your husband will wake up and I can ask for her hand in marriage." She isnt pregnant is she." No Mrs Matthews granted they hadnt used birth control last night and it was obvious Jailynn hadnt told her about the plans to be a surrogate. " I love your daughter it was love at first sight." he shared. "Does she know? Well we havent know each other long we have been getting to know each other first. granted they got to know each other in the biblical sense last night but that was totally unexpected. He kept that to himself. But I plan on courting her." Jackie saw that he was being genuine." You better not break her heart," she special my Jailynn is special." They got their coffee then head back to see how Jailynn was doing. Jailynn was happy to see Jarred was alive and her mother had a smile on her face. They stayed with her father for another hour. Jailynn's mother insisted they stayed at the house. Jarred can have the guest room and you can stay in your old room.

Jarred drove to her childhood home. It wasnt a fancy mansion like he had grown up in Jailynn thought but it was home. Jarred carried their luggage into the house and right upstairs. Jailynn gave him a quick tour. My room is their and then she showed him to the guest room. I she plopped down on the bed. " I know this isnt the Ritz she said teasingly." What are you trying to say I m a snub? he asked as he approached the bed leaning over her. " She licked her lips maybe?" He bent down capturing her lips in a kiss." He pulled back this is better than the Ritz I feel like Im home," he bent down to kiss her again. They broke the kiss when they heard the slamming of a car door in the driveway. They rushed down stairs to help her with the groceries. Jarred looked forward to having a home cooked meal.

 

 

 

 

 

End Notes:

stick with me it will be worth the wait and sorry for the errors

Chapter 13 Life and Death by pokerdiva01
Author's Notes:
Jailynn suffers a loss and Jarred is there for her.

4 Weeks later in Houston

Jailynn sat in her childhood bedroom preaparing for the funeral. Her father had die two days ago. The doctors said he was improving and had given them hope. The tears started to form again causing her make up to run. She missed him already. Jailynn wished she hadnt stayed away from home. Her thoughts were broken when she heard the knock on the door, " Come in," was her response as she fixed her makeup.

Jarred had arrived early this morning he didnt want her to face this alone. Mrs. Mathews greeted him at the door. He gave her his condolences and then went upstairs to find Jailynn. Jarred entered her back was too him he walked over to her wrapping his arms around her waist pulling her to him. Jailynn turned to find comfort in his arms." He gone Jarred he gone," and she began to cry. He pulled her even closer wanting to take the pain of her loss away.

The funeral was for friends and family but the burial was private. They were have a small gathering at the house. Jailynn decided to ride back with Jarred. She was quiet at first then she spoke." Listen I havent had a chance to say thank you for being here and everything you done." My mom and I appreciate you getting my dad the specialists." she reached over to grab his hand squeezing it. " Jailynn no thanks isnt necessary. " I wish I could have done more." I hated being away from you these past 4 weeks." He picked up the hand he was holding and kissed it.

Jailynn giggled," What's funny?' It was good to hear her laugh." Trust me even though you werent here your presence was felt with all the flowers you sent me and my mother." It was like we had our own flower shop." I enjoyed your emails and our long talks. He still held her hand against his lips. " I did too," Jailynn he said.".You ve made a great impression on my mom." she only wishes my dad could have met you." Jailynn grew quiet again after mentioning her dad.

They arrived back at her mom's house a few minutes later. " You ready? she asked knowing Jarred would be meeting her family from her dads and moms side. The house was full of people laughing and talking. Her dad wanted people to celebrate his life. Jailynn introduced Jarred to her family as her boyfriend her mother watched from a distance beaming she was happy for her daughter. Jackie knew Jarred was a good man and would take care of her daughter.

It was 7pm when everyone finally left leaving Jailynn, Jarred and her mom alone. " Im exhausted Jackie said." taking a seat on the couch. " I think your father would be happy about all the arrangements." Jailynn joined her mom on the couch. " Yes I think daddy is smiling down on us," she gave her mom a hug. Jarred watched the two of them together he wished he'd been closer to his parents. His thoughts were broken," Jarred thank you for everying," Jackie wallked over to give him a hug. My husband would have loved you." Im sure of that young man." Well I m going to bed leaving Jailynn and Jarred alone.

Jarred went over to sit with Jailynn on the couch. He pulled her into his arms and she rested her head on his shoulder He placed his head on top of hers. " I really enjoyed meeting your family," I didnt have that when I was growing up." he shared. " Well I know my aunts, uncles and cousins enjoyed meeting you." My aunt Patti told me you are a keeper." she giggled. He pushed her back to look at her. " I hope so," he leaned forward placing a soft kiss on her lips. Jailynn kissed him back. She missed him. It had been 4 long weeks. Jarred pulled her into his lap. They kissed a few more minutes. They pulled back. " I want you but not here."  they were in her parents house. He kissed her one last time. "I know," thank you Jarred for respecting me and my mom." Im tired," Im going to turn in." They got up and went upstairs. They kissed one last time before going to bed separtely.

One week later..

Jailynn was happy to be back in her own place and would be going back to work on Monday. She was waiting for Jarred to come over and watch movies. He would be there in a hour a nap wouldnt hurt. Jarred knocked no answer he used the key Jailynn had given him. He found her a sleep on the couch. He decided to let her sleep while he put groceries away. Jailynn woke up when she heard Jarred moving around in the kitchen. She sat up and felt dizzy. Jailynn decided to get a drink maybe that would happy. Jarred was coming into the livingroom he saw her sway.

He was at her side in a instant." Are you ok ? " he asked sitting her back down. " Yeah I m tired and I think my sugar must be low." she shared. He told her to stay put and went to get her juice. He handed it to her. She took a few sips. " thanks  I think that will help."she sat back against the couch. " Saige and Jeffrey said hi and they sent a card they hope you got I." I did my mom and I wrote some thanks you." Jailynn sat forward then grabbed her stomach excusing herself." heading to the bathroom. Jailynn felt horrible it must be the flu. She rinsed her mouth and then went back to the livingroom.

" One more minute and I was going to send out a search party he joked." Jarred stopped joking when he saw she was pale. " Have a seat he told her putting her legs on the couch." " Its must be a bug." It comes in waves she told him. He grabbed a blanket off one of her other chairs. He felt her head no fever. ' When was the last time you ate" was his next question. I ate breakfast." Jailynn told him." And the way my stomach feels Im not hungry." she laid her head on a pillow. " I probably just need ginger ale and crackers." she told him. Jarred grabbed his keys I ll be right back.

Jarred went to the grocery store to get the ginger ale and crackers and decided to stop by the pharmacy to ask the pharmacist for suggestion for the flu. He explained Jailynn's symptoms and was stunned the pharmacist. " It maybe the flu and gave suggestions for over the counter products." But she maybe pregnant." Hey the test are in aisle 3 the gentleman told him. Jarred thanked him and wondered if Jailynn could be pregnant already. They hadnt planned on sleeping together and they didnt use birth control. Jarred thought it could be possible and got the test.

Jarred let himself back into the apartment. Jailynn was a sleep on the couch. He threw his stuff in the chair by the couch and watched her sleep. He reached behind him pulling out the medicine, crackers, ginger ale and the test. He moved to sit next to her on the couch moving a few pieces of hear out of her face. She was beautiful. Jailynn felt like someone was watching her and opened her eyes. " Hi, did I fall a sleep again?" she asked sitting up. " Yeah it looks like you did while I went to the store." I spoke to the pharmacist and he told me a few things could be going on with you. " It could be the flu glancing over at the medicine or it could be and he grabbed the pregnancy test presenting it to her. Jailynn's eyes grew wide.Her mouth was open but no words came out.

15 minutes later..

Jailynn and Jarred read the test instruction together before she went into the bathroom to perform it. She came out of the bathroom they had to wait 3 minutes and then would have the results. She walked into his waiting arms. It seemed like 3 minutes would never pass. His watch alarm went off and they went into the bathroom together to read the results.

Steel residence

Jeffrey and Saige were eating dinner talking. They were happy Jailynn was back in town and they could start the IVF process. They had dinner with Jarred last night and he told them about meeting Jailynn's family but didnt say anything about their relationship. Saige shared her reservations but Jeffrey assured her things would be find. " Jeffrey I dont know a relationship could complicate things." Saige told him. " Listen I know my brother he doesnt want children." He told me himself. How did he put it. Jeffrey said quoting jarred " I dont want to screw up a child life." and Jailynn wants to be a lawyer and she was very clear about her dream." He touched her hand no worries." he continued to eat his dinner.

Jailynn apartment

Jarred and Jailynn starred at two test both showed the same result positive. Jailynn was actual pregnant. She knew eventually she would be pregnant but it would be after going through the IVF process.  Jailynn wasnt sure if she should be relieved or not. Jarred had the same dazed and confused look on his face. Positive the test came back positve. Yes Jailynn was going to be pregnant but it wasnt suppose to happen the natural way because this personalized the experience. Neither voiced thier concerns.   Im going to be a lawyer thats my dream Jailynn reminded herself.Jarred thought to himself  I dont want kids. I dont want to be responisible for screwing up someone elses life. No Jeffrey and Saige would love the child they had created and given life too. and thats all too it.

" Well Saige and Jeffrey will be excited to hear the good news" Jailynn said and Jarred agreed "I dont think we should tell them until I see a doctor." They have been disappointed enough." Im hungry and my stomach feels better. " Well let me feed my princess. They continued with their plans for the evening. They didnt talk about the baby again.

 

 

End Notes:

Sorry I didnt get to update soon. Thanks for the comments. I hope everyone had a great Easter.

Sorry for any errors

Chapter 14 Beneath the surface by pokerdiva01
Author's Notes:
Jailynn, Jarred, Jeffrey, and Saige will have to face their own demons.

Doctors office.. 

It was official Jailynn was pregnant. The doctor told her she was less than six weeks along and would have a better idea when she had her next exam. She was given a prescription for prenatal vitamins and literature about the first trimester. Jailynn called Jarred to give him the news about being pregnant. He suggested they should have dinner with Saige and Jeffrey to tell them. They spoke for a few more minutes and then Jailynn had to return to work.

Later that evening at the Steel residence

Saige asked her husband to zip up her dress as they prepared for dinner." I m glad we are going to spend some time with Jarred and Jailynn, especially with us starting the IVF treatment in a couple of weeks." Saige told Jeffrey. He adjusted his cuffs links," Im excited too." I hope Jailynn is feeling better its only been a few weeks since her dads funeral." he said. " Well according to Jarred she is doing well and is ready to get started." Saige spun around how do I look?" Honey. Jeffrey came over to admire her. " Beautiful just beautiful." he told her.

Jarred's penthouse

Prior to Jeffrey's and Saige's arrival Jarred made sure there was champagne and sparkling cider to celebrate the news. Jailynn came out of the bathroom. " How are you feeling Jarred asked." I feel better." according to the books you sometimes people suffer morning sickness all day long and I happen to be one of them." she shared. Jarred came over to hug her, " Well your wish is my command, Crackers, ginger ale, he told her. Jailynn embraced him " this is working for the time being," and she snuggled closer to Jarred.  They finally decided to sit down waiting for their guests arrival.

They sat talking on the couch tell each other about their day however Jarred noticed Jailynn wringing her hands and fidgeting all of a sudden. " Whats wrong Jailynn? You know you can tell me anything." He took her hands in his. Jailynn took a deep breath," Well what are they going to think about us and how all this came about. I was suppose to get pregnant by IVF not Jarred cut her off before she could finish her sentence. " Listen sweetheart their going to be happy regardless of who, what went and how. It wasnt planned but look their getting the child the dreamed of having. " We dont have to explain ourselves or relationship we just have to follow through on our commitment." And thankfully we will have each other for a support system." he shared. " Jailynn could only smile back at him." You are always the voice of reason,"and she kissed him. The knock at the door killed the moment. Jarred squeezed her hand before going to answer it.

Jarred opened the door welcoming Jeffrey and Saige into his penthouse suite. They joined Jailynn in the sitting area and they all exchange hugs and air kisses. Jarred took their coats and they found a seat. Jarred joined them a few minutes later. " We are really glad that you were free for dinner," I thought we would have some drinks and then head over to Illiano's for dinner. Jarred shared. Saige noticed the champagne glasses when Jarred returned with a tray that had 4 glasses on it.

" Wait what are we toasting? Are you engaged or getting engaged," Saige stopped talking looking for a ring on Jailynn's finger.  Jailynn giggled," no were not getting engaged." she told them. " You never know," Jarred chimed in winking at Jailynn. Jeffrey noticed the champagne but didnt make an assumptions. If he knew one thing about his brother he was what they called unpredictable.  Jarred placed the tray down. " Jailynn and I have some news to share with you," he took Jailynn hands squeezing it." Saige and Jeffrey you are pregnant." You are going to have a baby.

Saige and Jeffrey both had the same confused look on their face and in unison said, " what,? Saige said," thats not possible we havent even started the treatments. Jailynn took a deep breath removed her hands from Jarreds and went and stood in front of Saige and Jeffrey taking their hands and placing them on her stomach. " Its true I m pregnant your child is growing inside of me." I found out today and in one month you can go with me to the ultrasound visit. Jarred confirmed it with a nodded as Jailynn walked back over to him. " Jarred and I didnt  plan for it  to happen this way but it did," and I m a firm believer everything happens for a reason." Jailynn shared.

Saige and Jeffrey sat speechless at first. A baby they were finally going to have a child. "Jeffrey did you hear that were pregnant. " A baby we are going to have a baby." Once the shock wore off Saige threw herself into her husbands arms crying tears of joy kissing him all over." Jeffrey was crying because he never seen his wife so happy." Saige then turned her attention to Jailynn and Jeffrey who had huge smiles on thier faces. " Thank you," and she went over to hug them both. Jeffrey follewed her and hugged them as well. " I think this is a good time for a toast," Jarred annouced and everyone was in agreement. He handed everyone a glass. " what about the baby Saige said protectively." Dont worry its sparkling cider for her. Everyone made their own personal toast. Then they grabbed their jackets and headed to dinner.

One Month later...

Jailynn was driving to her doctor appointment she was meeting Jeffrey and Saige at the office Jarred was out of town on business. He promised he would go to the next appointment with her but he knew Saige and Jeffrey would be their. Jailynn arrived first and checked in with the front desk and a few minutes later the Jeffrey and Saige arrived." How are you feeling these days" Saige asked. " Im tired but the morning sickness is getting better." I m going shopping for some clothes." If you dont have any plans after this you are welcome to come." she told her. " I would like that Saige told Jailynn. " Jeffrey was busy playing with his blackberry.

Jailynn went into the room with the nurse to be prepped for the ultrasound. A few minutes later Saige and Jeffrey were allowed to come in the room. The tech came in next explaining what she would be doing. She turned on the monitor  and machine. She squeezed the cold gel on Jailynn stomach and then started moving the probe around. Jailynn, Saige and Jeffrey waited for the tech to explain what they were looking at. The tech put in dates and measurements and then started to speak.

The tech explained they were looking inside Jailynn uterus and they were going to locate the sac the baby was in and they would be able to hear a heartbeat as well as see it fluttering.  She also explained they would be able to determine how far along in the pregnancy she was in. After a few moments a image appeared on the screen. " There the embroy, and see the fluttering of the heart," the sac. The tech became silent and started moving the probe. Then smiled and turned to give what looked to be a peace sign but was actually saying there were twins.  Jailynn was carrying twins.

Jailynn, Saige and Jeffrey left the office in shock. The thought of twins never crossed any of their minds. Jailynn couldnt wait to call Jarred to tell him the news. She even had the ultrasound pictures to prove it. Jeffrey had to return to work but Saige and Jailynn went shopping for maturnity clothes. Its seemed like life kept getting better and better Saige thought walking arm and arm with Jailynn.

Jailynn was surprised to find Jarred at her place when she returned from shopping with Saige. He got up to help her with all her bags. " It looks like someone did some serious shopping." he commented. " Jailynn laughed agreeing with him. Once all the bags were in she pulled Jarred over to the couch because she wanted to show him the ultrasound pictures. " I have something to show you," he caught the excitment in his voice. She pulled the pictures out and showed them to him. ' I dont know what I m looking at," he shared. " Jailynn began to explain like the tech and then Jarred started to see what she was talking about. " Jailynn showed him the last picture which showed the two sacs." Then Jarred turned," There are two sacs in that picture," Yep I know Im having twins." Jailynn told him. " Twins," was all Jarred could say.

Steel residence

Jeffrey and Saige laid awake in bed holding each other looking at the ultrasound pictures. " Jeffrey were having twins can you believe it." Baby our dreaming is coming true." We saw our children today." Jeffrey kissed the top of her head agreeing.

 

 

 

End Notes:
I apologize for the errors
Chapter 15 Beneath the Surface part II by pokerdiva01
Author's Notes:

This chapter will reflect the inner thoughts of  Jeffrey Saige Jarred and Jailynn.

Jeffrey

Jeffrey laid awake holding his sleeping wife in his arms. She looked so peaceful sleeping excited about the news of the baby or babies as they learned this evening. Twins he still couldnt believe it. He was excited that Saige was happy but he couldnt understand his lack of enthusism. This was their dream wasnt it. He wanted to be a father or at least he thought he did.

Jeffrey stopped to think about his own childhood. He was 4 minutes older than Jarred and he could always remember being thankful that he was born first because he was the apple of his parents eyes. He could do no wrong. Where as Jarred was the troubled son. He couldnt do anything right and his parent didnt pay him any attention. They never attended any of Jarred school functions especially if it would conflict with any of Jeffrey's activities. Jeffrey felt ashamed about how Jarred had been treated by his parents. He felt guilty because he didnt treat Jarred any better. 

Jeffrey slipped out of bed and grabbed a robe to go to his study. He took out a key and unlocked a draw pulling out an letter the name on the front read Jarred Steele. Jeffrey sat back looking at it. He held on to this letter for a few years now. An hour later he place the envelope back into the draw locking it. He turned off the light and went back to bed. Saige felt the dip in the bed and the warmth of Jeffrey's body back next to hers she snuggled closer and focused on going back to sleep but she did reflect on the news they recieved this evening.

Saige

Saige was estatic and over the moon happy on the inside. She would be a mother in 8 months to twins. She was being blessed with two babies. Maybe this was worth the wait after all. Growing up she remember playing house with her friends and cousins and she was always the mommy. She also remembered her mom commenting on what a wonderful mother she would make some day.

Saige loved people and animals. She was always taking in stray cats or animals. She even on one occassion tried to bring a little boy home from the park that had wondered away from his mom. Saige smiled shopping with Jailynn had been fun. She never tried on so much clothing. She did have to admit she was alittle jealous when she saw Jailynn's small baby bump. It had been noticeable because Jailynn had a flat stomach which now was expanding to accomandate twins.

It was funny how Jailynn tried to reassure her that she would include her in every step of the pregnancy. She told Saige she would take tons of pictures and she could talk and to her belly Saige was thinkful for her consideration of her feelings. Saige didnt think of the impact the babies would have on the growing relationship of Jaiilynn and Jarred. All she could think about was a healthy delivery and decorating the nursey.

Jarred

Jarred didnt stay long at Jailynn's apartment after learning about the twins. He told her he had a early meeting and still had some preparations to do for the meeting. Jailynn told him she understood. She walked him to the door and they shared a quick kiss before he left. Jarred leaned up against the door closing his eyes not sure why he was wishing he were somewhere else. He wanted to be with Jailynn but he needed some space at the moment.

It was still early and Jarred grabbed a sub then headed to the park. He always found the park relaxing when he was troubled. He took a seat on a empty park bench preparing to eat and think. He loosened his tie because he felt like it was strangling him. He wasnt sure why the news of Jailynn carrying twins bothered him. He knew he didnt want to abe a father. His childhood was filled with nothing but painfully memories.

Jarred had promised himself he would never have children because he didnt want any child of his to end up screwed up like him. He had closed himself off to feeling anything until he met Jailynn. He remembered the emotional and mental abused he suffered at the hands of his parents. He could not understand how they couldnt love both him and Jeffrey. they shared the same exact face.

Jeffrey's face came to Jarred's mind. Would Jeffrey be capable of loving the twins unconditionaly. Would he treat the twins the same? or different?

Jailynn

Jailynn sat in her apartment wondering what really was bothering Jarred. He was awfully quiet and didnt say much about the babies. Jailynn placed her hand protectively over her stomach. She was carrying twins she still couldnt wrap her head around it. She picked up the ultrasound pictures that was on her table studying the images before her. She remember how happy Saige was when it was confirmed that she was pregnant and to learn that she would be getting two babies instead of one.  Jailynn stopped to think about Jeffrey's reaction. After thinking about it she realize Jeffrey was just as quiet as Jarred. Jailynn shook her head and decided that her packages needed to be put away.

The phone rang and the caller id read Mrs. Mathews. Jailynn debated answering it. Because of her father illness and eventual death her mother wasnt aware of her decison to be a surrogate. She knew at some point she would have to tell her. It wasnt like her mother could talk her out of it because she is already pregnant. By the time she decided the phone stop ringing. Jailynn decided she would call her later and went to put her stuff away.

It was a 45 minutes later Jailynn was on the couch eating strawberries her favorite since becoming pregnant however they must be dipped in vanilla yougart. Once she was settled with her little picnic she decided to call her mother back. She wanted to hear how she was doing and discuss the surrogacy with her. Jailynn was concerned  because she didnt know how her mother would react to learning she wasnt keeping the twins which would be her grandchildren. She hope she could explain herself well. About how much Saige and Jeffrey wanted children but were unable for medical reasons but more important she would have the money necessary to pay for her education to be a lawyer which had been a life long dream.

End Notes:

 

I gave a brief insight to what Jailynn is thinking but the conversation with her mom and then with the other main character will have a impact on the situation. I will also go into more detail for the other characters as well.

I want to say thank you so much for those of you going on this journey with me. I really love the feedback and comments. Again sorry for any errors.

Chapter 16 Author Comments by pokerdiva01
Author's Notes:

Jailynn's thoughts or point of view for Beneath the Surface part II have been updated.

I want to take this opportunity to thank all the individuals who have and are reading my story. This is my first attempt at fanfiction on this board. I appreciate all the comments and the feedback. I apologize for not always responding back to the comments but I plan to make a sincere effort to respond.

I wish I could update more often but as you know life sometimes gets in the way. I apologize for the errors, typos, and grammar. I try to write chapters out but free style works better for me. Let me tell you I have lost alot of chapters that way and that is way I must preview and update often before a chapter is complete.

My dream is to write a book someday. So what better place than to start than here. What do they say practice makes perfect and Im going to keep doing it until I get it right. Again thank you for your feedback and understanding. I look forward to updating soon. Everyone have a great weekend.

P.S I want to give a Shout out to all the amazing writers on this board. I love the stories and I am addicted. Im always lurking to see if other people have updated. Well thanks for listening to me.

pokerdiva

Chapter up date in progress.

End Notes:

See chapter notes above.

Chapter 17 Words of Wisdom by pokerdiva01
Author's Notes:

Jailynn and her mother will have a candid conversation. Jarred will get some unexpected advice. Saige and Jeffrey disagree.

 

Jailynn's apartment

Jailynn picked up the phone to call her mother. It rang 3 times before she answered. " Hi mom," she said. " Hi baby," I called you earlier but you didnt answer. I was out shopping with a friend." But Im all yours now." Jailynn told her mom." Well we havent talked in a while and I wanted to see how you were doing?" And if you settled in to work again." "Yes things are going well." I should be the one checking on how you are doing. Mom. Mrs Mathews laughed who's the parent?she told her daughter.

Jailynn was happy to hear her mother laugh. " You know your father wouldnt want me sitting around here feeling sorry for myself." "You are right about that Jailynn told her. She listened as her mother told her about the different groups and projects she was involved with now that she had free time. " My favorite is this program for teenage mothers." Jackie shared. She shared how these teen mothers get kicked out of their homes when their parents find out their pregnant." I try and help them reconnect with their family's and I teach them life skills." her mom shared.

"You sound happy mom." Jailynn told her." While we are on the subject of projects and helping others I have some news for you mom." Jailynn paused while she heard her mother grow silent. " A few months back I was looking at the want ads and there was one for a couple needing a surrogate and they were willing to compensation." And you know how I want to go to law school and needed the money. So to make a long story short I applied was chosen and passed all the requirements and now Im their surrogate.  Jackie didnt say a word so her daughter continued with the story.  But it gets even better You know Jarred the man I am dating well it turns out the couple is his brother and his wife. Jackie was glad she was sitting down.

Jailynn stopped long enough to take a sip of her drink and decided to tell her mother the whole story from the begin. Her mother never said a word trying to absorb it all. Jailynn paused and Jackie saw it as a opportunity to say a few words. "Well Jailynn have you really thought this threw." You dont have to worry about money for school because of your dads life insurance policy. So money isnt a issue honey." her mom told her.

"Mom you dont understand I m already pregnant and with twins." Jailynn dropped the phone when she heard her mother scream. She picked up the phone Mom Mom I was about to tell you when you started to talk about the money from daddy's life insurance policy." she shared. Jailynn's mom sat trying to compose herself. Her baby was pregnant and she was thinking it was by IVF. Jailynn sat waiting for her mom to speak before she would continue with the rest of the story.

Jailynn continued explaining the last few weeks to her mother Jackie listened attentively. Finally Jailynn brought them to the present conversation." Mom are you listening? I heard every word. Jailynn could hear the concern in her mother's voice. " Mama whats the matter" I know what Im doing." Im happy with my decision and Jarred is happy that we can help out his family. " Jackie shook her head, Jailynn had no idea it was as simple as she made it out to be. " Jailynn listen I need a moments there is another call coming in that I must take and we arent not through talking. " I love you baby girl" and I will call you right back." Her mom hang up.

Jailynn took a moment to stretch and went to the bathroom. When she came back she looked at the clock and it was late and she still hadnt heard from Jarred which was so out of character for him. She hugged herself going over to the couch to finish the strawberries.  Jackie hated using her cell phone to make it seem like another call was coming in to hang up on Jailynn. She was overwhelmed with everything her daughter had shared. She blamed herself that Jailynn would have choosen to be a surrogate for financial means to get her education. She knew that her daughter had a good heart and was doing it because she obviously was moved by Jeffrey and Saige's story. But what are the chances she would have met Jarred. But when Jailynn shared how the twins were conceived out of unplanned love making she knew it was a matter of time before reality would set in if Jailynn and Jarred continued to get close.

Jailynn was reading a baby book when the phone rang it was her mother. Hi mom." Im sorry about taking that call earlier but it was work." She hated lying but she needed to process everything. She loved her daughter and didnt want to see her get hurt. Jackie knew how determined her daughter could be and how loyal she was to a fault. When Jailynn current mind set it was all business. But once her body started changing and she felt the babies move inside of her and she hears the heart beats. It was a matter of time before she started feeling a connection.  Jackie knew a pregnancy becomes real for individuals at different moments.Then there was Jarred and his feelings the twins were apart of him as well and it linked him and Jailynn together for life. Jackie pushed those thoughts aside for the moment."

Jailynn finished tell her mother the story. " I m glad you have Jarred. But I want you to know you can count on me no matter what even if you change your mind." You might want to consider seeing a therapist because wait until you feel that first kick or hear the heartbeats at the doctor's visit or when you deliver those babies and see them for the first time. Its harder when you have an actual child in your arms than when you basis on how you think you would act if put in that position. " Jailynn continued to listen. It was 11pm when they finally hang up.

Jarred earlier at the park..

Jarred sat eating his lunch when a man came up pushing a stroller. " Do you mind if I sit here I need to feed my baby." Jarred scooted over making room for a guy about his age. Jarred watched as the man picked up the small baby which happened to be a little girl she was fussing." I know sweetie you are hungry," I know mommy is better at this but Im trying." the baby stopped and smirked at her daddy. Jarred watched in amazement. It was as if the baby understood in a way.

Jarred thoughts were broken by the guy asking if he could help him out. Jarred said sure and the gentleman hand him the baby so he could mixed the baby's bottle. Jarred managed to get comfortable holding the baby like her father had. " Have any kids of your own?"  No not yet was Jarred answer. So your wife expecting ? was the next question asked. " No Im not married," the baby started to fuss and the father took the baby from Jarred and started to feed her.

"Hey by the way my name is Chris." My name is Jarred." thanks for helping me. I never saw myself as the fatherly type. Chris shared." Didnt have a good role model but my sweet Mary Jo showed me I could be a good parent and I shouldnt let the past rule my future. Chris looking down at his daughter with a genuine look of love for her. They talked for about a half hour before Chris left,  Jarred sat for another 10 min thinking about how it felt to hold a baby and talking with Chris. Jarred threw out his trash his head felt clearer.

Saige and Jeffrey's residence

Saige didnt go to work she stayed home working on the plans for the nursey. It was a good thing she was an interior designer. She loved being in her element. She was looking a neutral colors which could be good for a boy or girl. She would be happy with one of each but being born healthy was first and foremost. Jeffrey came in the house and Saige was no where to be found. Jeffrey decided to go to his bedroom that is when he noticed the music coming from down the hall.

Jeffrey found Saige sitting in the middle of the room reviewing colors and swatches. Jeffrey looked puzzled. Saige got up and went to hug her husband. " What are you doing? he asked. " What does it look like Im doing." I m starting my renovation for the nursey. she told jeffrey. Dont you think its a little early for that? she not even out of the first trimester." he shared. Saige took a step back out of his embrace not sure why but feeling like her husband was happy about her desire to start decorating the nursey now. " Jeffrey is there something you would like to tell me?  Saige was annoyed with him at this moment.

No was his answer I m just tired.  He kissed her forehead and went to change.' I ll be in my office if you need me.

 

 

End Notes:

Things are going to started to get complicated especially when other individuals get involved. Stay tuned

Chapter 18 Ups and downs by pokerdiva01
Author's Notes:

One couple gets closer and another begins to drift apart.

Jailynn went to bed after speaking with her mother. It was after 1130pm and she still hadn't heard from Jarred. She felt alone. Jarred tossed and turned unable to sleep the conversation with Chris was still fresh in his mind. He was mad at himself for not calling Jailynn after getting back from the park. But the shock of learning she was carrying twins took him by surprise. Jarred needed time to process the news.

Steel residence earlier in the evening...

Jeffrey and Saige didnt talk about the twins instead they worked on some personal projects of their own. Jeffrey would be leaving for a business trip. He would be overseeing a major business merger in New York city. He saw it as a opportunity for Saige to join him and spend the weekend with him. " Honey that sounds like a great idea but I dont want to miss Jailynn's next doctor appointment." Saige shared. Jeffrey didn't say anything, Saige could sense his disappointment but figured there would be other trips she could join him on. " Saige thats fine I just figured we could use some time away." Im going to my office and he left the room. Saige went to her office wanting to check on some wallpaper she had ordered.

Jarred looked over at the clock it was 1 am. He got dressed and left the penthouse. Jailynn had finally drifted off to sleep about midnight. She never had a problem sleeping alone until she met Jarred. She punched the pillow and then willed herself to sleep. it was a short drive over to her place. Jarred let himself in and made his way to her bedroom.

The door was open and he took a moment to admired Jailynn, She was beautiful. He made his way over to the bed and pulled back the covers to get in. Jailynn woke up when she felt the mattress dip and a body get closers to hers." What the hell? she shouted as she reached over to turn the light on by the side of the bed. She waited for her eyes to adjust. Jarred spoke up quickly, " Hey baby its me." I let myself in with the key you gave me." I couldn't sleep and wanted to be near you." I thought about calling but it was late." I m sorry." he said stroking the sides of her arms. " Its fine you startled me though," she told him.

He pulled her forward to kiss her forehead, next was the tip of her nose, then her cheeks, and finally her lips. Jailynn welcomed his kisses. It felt right the feeling of being lonely vanished. Jarred loved how she tasted, smelled, and how soft she felt in his arms. His mouth left hers to trace kisses along her neck and her shoulder blades. Jailynn's hands found their way up under his shirt." I think you are over dressed." She began pulling his shirt over his head causing him to stop showering her with kisses for a moment. He stood up and removed his sweats and only his boxers remained. Jarred climbed back on the bed with her. She looked adorable in her silk cami and box shorts pajamas he planned to remove those items.

Jailynn wrapped her arms around his neck pulling him back to her and they started kissing again. Jarred began leaving a trail of kisses down her neck causing her to giggle his stubble tickling her. Jarred hands found the edge of her cami and he pulled it over her head and her growing breast spilled forward. He took a erect nipple in his mouth and suckled causing Jailynn to moan and arch into his mouth. Jarred was lost rotating between her to breast show each of them the same amount of attention. Jailynn hands explored his back and found their way into his boxer squeezing his ass.

Jarred went back up to kiss her mouth before contining his journey downward. " Why are you smiling?" she asked. " You are beautiul," Jarred told her. " Even with all the changes? She asked. Jarred was placing kisses down her stomach. He stopped admiring the baby bump that was already forming. " Yes even with all the changes." he smiled Jarred placed his hands on her hips to remove her shorts next. He seductively slipped them down tossing them aside. " I m going to show you just how beautiful you are," Jarred said winking at her.

Jailynn felt worshipped by his eyes, hands and tongue, He started with her feet massaging each foot and he kissed every toe. Then he made his way up her calves. He stroked, kneaded and kissed his way up her thighs. Jailynn's eyes were closed enjoying his lips and tongue as they caressed her body. She tasted and smelled like tropical fruit. Jailynn felt herself getting wetter and wetter as he kissed his way up to her dripping sex. He ran his tongue across her slit causing her toes to curl. " Open your legs wider for me beautiful,"he told her. Jarred licked her again.

Jarred pulled her to the edge of the bed to get better access. He stuck one finger in then another then he pulled out replacing his fingers with his tongue. Jailynn grabbed her sheets as he began to ravish her with his tongue. He plunged deeper and deeper each time and he used his free hand to rub her clit. " Yes. Yes yes," Jailynn tossed her head side to side. Then she started to pull on her erect nipples. Jarred took a moment to come up for air and the sight of her pulling on nipples made him even harder. He went back to pleasuring her. " Jarred I m close to coming," she told him. " I want you in me," Jailynn shared.

Jarred stopped and removed his boxer. " Are you sure?", he asked. " Please was her response. He positioned himself between her legs and pushed forward entering her slowly back and forth going in a little further each time. Jailynn wanted him all the way in and buck forward wrapping her legs around his waist to pull her closer causing him to lose all control. Jarred increased his thrust loving how tight and wet she felt. Neither wanted to cum. They held back swithching position. Jailynn rode him like a horse and it wasnt until he took her doggie style that they finally climaxed together clasping on the bed.

He rolled off her back immediately afraid he might hurt her. " Are  you ok? he asked as he gathered her in his arms. " I didnt mean to lose control like that." he shared. " She silenced him with a kiss and drifted off to sleep. Jarred remained awake for a few moments. He kissed the top of her head, " I love you Jailynn Mathews." he whispered close to her ear". He wasnt sure if she heard him. " I love you too," Jailynn thought but kept that confession to herself.

Steel residence....

Saige waited for Jeffrey to come to bed but he never did  and turned off the light. Jeffrey found a blanket in his study and decided to sleep on the couch. A baby was suppose to bring them closer together not cause them to drift apart. Then sleep claimed the both of them.

End Notes:
Sorry its been awhile since I last updated. I hope people are still interested. Sorry for any errors. I m trying to figure out the spell check and other details. Ok a few more paragraphs.
Chapter 19 Crossroads by pokerdiva01

2 Months Later...

Saige was on cloud nine. Today they would find out the sex of the babies. Jeffrey still wasnt expressing the same amount of interest in attending the doctors visit but she kept telling herself it was because he had alot going on at work.

Jailynn was in her office packing because recently at her doctor's appoint the doctor suggested she stop working as a precaution. Twin pregnancy are considered high risk and her blood pressure was a concern. He didnt want her under any unnecessay stress. Jailynn friend Jessica stopped by to see her.

" I cant believe you are leaving me," she said. " I know but it was the doctors order." she reminded her. " Well who am I going to eat lunch and gossip with," they both laughed. " I doubt you will have any problems." I hear my replacement is really nice," Jailynn joked. All of a sudden she grabbed her stomach," Whoa," she said. Jessica rushed to her friends side not sure what was wrong with her, Jailynn grabbed her friends hand placing it on her stomach. " Did you feel that ?" she asked. Then the movement happened again and this time Jessica felt it. " Wow," thats amazing.

"Did you feel that one of my," then Jailynn caught herself remembering that she wasn't keeping the babies. They were to be loved and raised by someone else. Jessica saw the joy on Jailynn's face be replaced by sadness. It was the first time Jailynn had doubts about her decision. Jessica changed the subject by suggesting they meet for dinner later in the week. Jailynn agreed and her friend left and her cell phone rang.

Jarred was reviewing his emails when he heard his cell ring it was Jailynn. " Hey beautiful how are you feeling?" he asked. " I m fine getting ready to go to the ultrasound appointment." In fact thats why I m calling." Saige had to cancel at the last minute because of a work emergency and I was wondering if you would come with me? she asked. " You dont have to ask of course I will go with you." Jailynn felt comforted by his answer. " Listen let me make a few calls and I could pick you up if you want," he told her. " That sounds great I m heading to my place right now she told him see you 20 minutes.Jarred wasnt sure but he was certain something was bothering Jailynn even though she tried to hide it. He would ask her about it later.

Jailynn was happy to see Jarred and he pulled her into a kiss whe she got into the car. He pulled back to admire how beautiful she was. " What are you staring at ? " You of course I was just thinking how lucky I was to meet you." He gave her another quick kiss before pulling off.

They didnt have to wait long when they arrived at the office. The nurse took them into the room show Jailynn where to change and explained the technician would be with them shortly. Jailynn came out of the changing room and sat on the bed. Jarred took her hands in his. " Do you have any predictions of boys or girls ?" he asked stroking her hands. " I think its a girl and boy if I trust my instinct." she shared. " Well I think its twin girls and their going to be beautiful like their mama he told her stroking her face." Jailynn had to turn away from him. She didnt want him to see her tears. But it was too late. He got up to get her a tissue.

" I m sorry sweetheart I didnt mean to upset you explain," he felt bad. She took the tissue and tried to explain. "Its not you its me. I have been really emotional today. You know all the hormones and all." Jarred gently lifted her face to his." Are you sure thats all it is?' he asked. But their was a knock at the door before she could answer. " Just a minute he told the technician." I want to finish this conversation later he told her. He kissed her tears away and gave her a few minutes to compose herself before telling the technician to come in.

The technician came in intoducing herself as Nicole as she read the chart noting it was twins and that Jailynn was heading into the second trimester." Ok folks are you ready to see what you are having? she looked in their direction smiling. Jailynn and Jarred both said yes realizing she wasnt aware of their situation.

The whole experience was amazing especially for Jarred. because he missed the first ultrasound. The technician took measurements while explaining what they were looking at the arms, legs toes and the heart both babies were gaining the necessary weight. " Now for the fun part lets see what you are having.' Nicole told them. " I will start with baby A she pointed to the screen again. The baby kept moving but finally gave them a good view. " Its a girl and baby b moved at the right moment and gave a great view and without a doubt Jailynn and Jarred could tell it was a boy. " Look at that guys you are going to have one of each on the first try," I bet they ll be good looking like you." she shared. Jarred couldnt help winking at Jailynn because her prediction had been right.

Saige had managed to get to the appointment but was stopped in her track. The nurse had shown her to the room and opened the door. However no one heard her because they were to focused on the screen. Saige over heard the tech tell them how lucky they were to have twins and Saige witness a moment between Jarred and Jailynn both looking excited in one moment but then it was as if they remembered the twins werent going to be theirs. Saige decided to leave before anyone saw her. She leaned up against the wall closing her eyes before leaving.

Nicole congratulated them one last time and handed them the pictures. Jailynn left to go change. Jarred waited by the door and when Jailynn came out she fall into his arms and the tears began to fall. Jarred held back his tears because he wanted to be strong for Jailynn. He rested his head on top of hers knowing they were at a Crossroad.

End Notes:

Sorry for any errors. I have company over and will go back and fix them Enjoy.

Chapter 20 Ups and Downs by pokerdiva01
Author's Notes:

There will be some major events happening to the couples in the next few chapters.

 

 

 

 

 

Days  turned into weeks and weeks into months and Jailynn continued to get bigger. There were still 2 months before she would deliever the twins. Jarred and her would be attending Lamaze classes next week. The doctor suspected she could go early and she wanted to be prepared. Jailynn sat in the bed reading the lastest issue of Baby Talk.

"Breakfast is served, Birthday girl," Jarred began singing the happy birthday song as he brought her breakfast in bed. " Thank you honey. Come here," Jailynn leaned over to kiss him. " You really know how to spoil a grl." she said. " That's my job. He stopped to watch her for a moment before heading off to take a shower.

Saige sat alone having coffee at a cafe. She kept looking at the papers the lawyer had given her earller. She knew it would come as a surprise to Jeffrey but her mind was made up it was over. Saige was sadden by her decision but it was the right one. Her thoughts were interuppted by the buzzing of her blackberry. It was a text reminding her about a surprise party for Jailynn. She texted Jarred back explaining Jeffrey wouldnt be attending he was out of town on business. Saige finished her coffee and decided to go shopping for a outfit for the party.

Meanwhile

Jackie Mathews woke up later than normal because Jarred had flown her in late last night as a surprise for Jailynn's birthday party. She loved how Jarred spoiled her baby girl always putting her happiness first. Jarred and Jackie talked for awhile last night when she arrived at the hotel. She reassured him things happen for a reason and have a way of working themselves out you just have to believe she told him. She gave him a big hug and then head up to her suite.

Jarred planned a spa and shopping trip for Jailynn and he asked her best friend Jessica to go with her. Jessica was excited when she got the call from Jarred asking her to help him pull off this surprise party for Jailynn. Jarred explained she would need to get Jailynn to the party. Jarred was thankful for her help especially with the guest list. Jessica knocked on the door and Jarred answered. " You are right on time ," he said letting Jessica into the apartment. " I take my Operations Jailynn dutiess serious," she said joking with Jarred. They changed subject when Jailynn came into the room.

" Look who's here honey." Jarred said trying to act casual. " Hey dont you look adorable," Jessica added. " I feel like a beached whale," Jailynn commented. " No you dont. And I know you definitely wont feel that way after our Spa treatments and shopping." Jessica shared. " Listen you go and enjoy yourself and I will meet you later for dinner and then we call all celebrate your birthday."  I have to go and Jarred kissed her good bye.

Jarred left to meet Jailynn's mom Jackie. They spent the day getting ready for Jailynn's birthday party. The room was decorated in pink and white two Jailynn's favorite colors. Jailynn was turning 24 years old. A few hours later Jarred and Jackie were dressed waiting at the restuarant ready to greet the guest. " I hope Jailynn will like it he said to Jackie. " She is going to be very happy and thankful for your thoughtfulness. She knows what an amazing man you are she will pleasantly surprised. Saige arrived shortly after a few other of Jailynn's friends.  Jarred introduced her to Jackie and then explained she would be sitting with them and made her way over to the table.

Jailynn took one last look at her outfit she loved the maturnity wrap dress Jessica helped her pick out. It was a deep purple she had matching heels and her hair and make up had been done at the spa. Jessica wore a multi color silk slip dress with matching heels. Jessica parked the car and they made their way inside.  Jessica texted Jarred a few minutes earlier to let him know they were there. " Its real dark in here Jailynn commented as she rounded the corner and then lights went up and they all yelled " Surprise,". Jailynn looked like a deer in headlights. Jarred made his way over to her. " Happy Birthday baby." he kissed her. Once she recovered from the shock she went around to greet her guest.  She was a little disappointed when she didnt see her mom but she kept that to herself. Jarred excused himself explain he needed to get something out of his car.

" Jailynn phone rang the caller Id said mom. " Hi mom." she said . "Happy Birthday I m sorry I didnt call sooner, But I thought I come in person. Jailynn looked up to see her mother Jackie standing by her side. " She quickly got up to hug her mother and Jarred thank you so much. No one couldnt help but notice all the love in the room. Everyone took their seat and the party started. Jailynn was extremely happy to be surrounded by family and friends. There was lots of food and music everyone was enjoying themselves."Can I have your attention the DJ asked everyone to take their seats. While people did that the wait staff bought a decorated chair to the middle of the floor. Jailynn was escorted to the middle of the floor. The lights were lowered and a spotlight put on the door.

Jarred entered the room dressed as a prince and made his way over to Jailynn. She had no idea what was going on until he got down on one knee and then the crowd went quiet. You could hear a pin drop in the room. He took her hands in his and then he spoke to her.

" Jailynn you are my princess and I want to be your prince. When I wake up in the morning its your face I want to see. When I go to sleep at night its your face I want to see. I never thought I would love anyone as much as I love you. You make me want to be a better man and bring out the best in me. You are not only beautiful on the outside but you are beautiful on the inside."  I want to LIVE, LOVE and LAUGH  with you 4 LIFE. Ms Jailynn Mathews will you do me the honor and be my wife? Will you marry me? he asked starring into the window of her soul her eyes. It was as if the world had stopped and only the two of them existed. Jailynn could hardly breath. Jarred pulled out a blue tiffany box and revealed a 3 karat square diamond to her. Jailynn gasped and then finally said, Yes Yes Yes. and their guests went crazy.

There wasnt a dry eye in the house Saige excused herself and went to the bathroom. She began to cry thinking of happy Jeffrey and her had been and wondered what went wrong for them. Saige took a moment to compose herself and checked to see if she had gotten any calls. There were 3 miss called from Jeffrey. She listened to them. It was the third on that caught her attention. " Listen Saige I dont know where you are but when you get this message please call me . She dialed his number. Jeffrey answered on the second ring. " Saige I need you to come to New York. The private jet is fueled and waiting and a car will be waiting when you land. I got to go and he hang up." Saige could sense something was wrong. 

Saige went back to the party congratulated the happy couple and left abruptly. Jarred and Jailynn wished they could have asked what was wrong but Saige didnt give them that opportunity. They figured she would call. The couple went to mingle with Jailynn's friends and family as they now were celebrating her birthday and engagement.

End Notes:

I want to say thanks to those who are still reading. I lost some chapters while updating so forgive because i have to update and post often in the same chapter.

Chapter 21 Twist of Fate by pokerdiva01
Author's Notes:

This chapter will help people understand what has been going on with Jeffrey.

Jarred and Jailynn laid in bed exhausted from all the celebrating. But they were to excited to sleep. Jailynn held up her hand admiring her engagement ring. " Its perfect," she told Jarred. " I know just like you are a perfect fit for me." Do you know how happy you made me today," he said pulling her into his arms. " I love you." Then his hands outlined her belly. " I love our babies too." he shared but Jailynn had already drifted of to sleep. I need to speak with Jeffrey and Saige he thought to himself. He wanted his children and he knew in his heart Jailynn wanted them too.

Saige sat on the plane looking out of the window alone with her thoughts. Then she grabbed her purse pulling out the legal documents she had planned on giving to Jailynn and Jarred but she had forgotten. The document stated she and Jeffrey planned on dissolving the surrogacy agreement. Jailynn and Jarred could keep their babies. Saige had watched them fall in love over the past few months and knew after seeing them at the ultrasound appointment they wanted the babies whether they knew it or not.  Saige told herself the title of Aunt would have to be enough.  She placed the papers back in her purse because this was something you handled in person.

Saige's thoughts returned back to Jeffrey and her marriage things had gone from bad to worse. Jeffrey was never home and when he was it was awkward. He wasnt the only one to blame. She had become obsessed when she learned Jailynn was having twins. But now that she wasnt going to be a mom to the twins she wanted to get her marriage back on track. She knew it wouldnt happen over night but they had something worth fighting for Jeffrey just needed to open up to her. She was tired and decided to sleep for the rest of the flight.

Jeffrey paced in his hotel room. He had finally gotten a hold of Saige and she would be arriving in New York in the morning. He kept going over his mind how he would explain the situation but nothing made sense. Jeffrey was still trying to put the pieces to the puzzle together. The one person that could help him was dead. He hadnt slept in 48 hours and the exhaustion was finally taking its toll. He decided to shower and try to sleep not sure what tomorrow would bring.

Jeffrey was surprised he was able to sleep considering he could lose the one person that mattered most to him. He hated himself and wasnt sure if his actions these past 9 months had already destroyed his marriage. His phone rang it was the hospital asking when he would be arriving. He grabbed his jacket and left. Saige woke up to the pilot annoucing they would be landing in 30 minutes. She got up to freshen up and change her clothes.

Jeffrey stood at the nurses station filling out the discharge papers. He then explained that his assistant would call and make all the funeral arrangements. The nurse reviewed the papers and Jeffrey was allowed to leave. His limosine was waiting for him and the hospital staff assisted him. It was a short ride to the hotel and they assured him there would be someone there to help him to his suite. The infants slept the entire time. He still couldnt get over the fact he was a father to triplets. He was sure he wasnt the father with his medical history but two dna test later both concluded he was the babies father.

Once he was settled in the hotel he wondered how he would explain this to Saige. He wasnt a cheater and loved Saige with all his heart. He cant even remember sleeping with her but the proof was in the room with him. All he could do was rest his head in his hands. Then he thought of the biggest development of the past 4 days the mother of the triplets had died as a result of complications from the pregnancy.

He wasnt able to dwell much longer because one of the babies started to cry. He took off his jacket and rolled up his sleeves before unbuckling the carseat. He picked up his baby girl. She was 6 lbs 3 ozs and still had no name. He put a blanket over his shoulder then the baby followed. " Sh sh little one." help is on the way. He wasnt sure why but he started humming to her. it seemed to be working.

Saige took the limosine straight to the hotel those were the instructions given to the driver. She had tried reaching Jeffrey but all she got was his voicemail. The front desk had her key waiting for her they always stayed at this particular hotel. Saige made her way up to the penthouse suite letting herself in she started calling for Jeffrey when she heard the humming." Jeffrey Im here" He didnt even notice to focused on the baby in his arms. Saige stopped dead in her track when she entered the living room area. She couldnt believe her eyes or ears.

Saige place her things down. Her first thoughts were who would leave their babies with Jeffrey of all people. " Jeff Jeffrey she said softly not wanting to disturb the other babies. He finally heard his name." Saige you here I didnt hear you coming in." he said. Well you have your hands full. The baby in his arm was laying quietly on his shoulder. " So tell Jeffrey who's babies are these? " It took him a moment to find his voice." He went to say their mine but one of the other babies started crying. " Saige immedidately went to comfort the child. She unbuckled the carseat and lifted the baby out. She knew it immediately when she stared at the little boy he was Jeffrey's mini me. She kept it to herself now wasnt the time. She needed to get the babies settled.

"Where is the baby supplies? she asked. All I have is what the hospital gave me. My asssistant is out shopping now he explained. Saige rummaged through the bag and found diapers ready made formula and a outfit each baby had a bag. Do they have names ? was her next question. No its complicated he said. The baby began t fuss and Saige turned her attention back to him. " Im sorry little man I shouldnt be ignoring such a handsome boy. The baby stopped fussing which gave Saige an opportunity to get him changed. She told Jeffrey to put the little girl down on the bed and her some warm water. She turned to look at the little girl she was dark haired to and very beautiful. She looked like a angel. The other baby still was sleeping.

Saige with the help of Jeffrey managed to get the two babies settled and left them in the middle of the kingsize bed. The third baby woke up just as they put the little girl down. Saige went and picked her up, She looked like her sister that was sleeping. " So look who decided to join us. you wanted our undivided attention didnt you sweetness. She reminded Saige of candy for some reason. Jeffrey left to get water and Saige undressed the baby and did the same routine she had with the other babies. However, she didnt want to sleep and they took her into the livingroom with them. Jeffrey watched in amazement how Saige took control of the situation. She was a natural and the babies took to her immediately. It was 30 minutes later when they were finally able to put the last infant down. You must be hungry Jeffrey said to her. Yeah why dont you order something and I ll join you in a few minutes. Saige went to the bathroom and just stared at herself in the mirror not sure why but she wasnt mad because she knew the babies were Jeffreys.

End Notes:

I hope you like the updates two in one day yeah. Sorry for any errors and typos. I love your feedback and comments.

Chapter 22 I have some explaining to do by pokerdiva01
Author's Notes:

Saige and Jeffrey finally talk.

Hi everyone I am sorry I haven't updated in a while. I hope folks are still interested in my story. I actually have two updates waiting in the wings. The chapters are semi long so if you started reading make sure you go back and check to see if you read the whole thing. I have to stop and save often. Well off to update.

Jeffrey ordered the room service while Saige went to freshen up.. She looked at herself in the mirror. Saige knew the minute she picked up the little boy that Jeffrey was the father because he looked exactly like him. Then there was the little girls they had a familiar look to them but she decided not to dwell on it. She threw some cold water on her face and took a deep breath. " I promise to listen and hear him out she told herself. Saige decided to look in on the babies before heading back to the living room. They were sleeping. Saige observed them for a few more minutes. She felt a connection to them not sure why but she did. She closed the bedroom door and made her way to the living room to speak with Jeffrey.

Jeffrey was sitting on the couch with his head in his hands. He didn't look up even though he could sense she was in the room. Saige walked over to join him on the couch. He looked like hell Saige thought to himself. He had bags under his eyes and he looked as though he had not slept in days or maybe weeks. " Jeffrey look at me," she asked in a soft voice.

Jeffrey finally looked up making eye contact with her. He stared deep into her eyes as if searching for something lost. Saige took his hands in hers, " Talk to me," she pleaded with him. It was then he found what he was looking for in her eyes. It was that familiar look of understanding that he had grown to know since being married to her. Her eyes always spoke volumes to him. He still remained silent. " Look Jeffrey I know these babies are yours. I wish they were ours." That confession tugged at his heart she continued. " But I am here hoping you could help me understand it," she told him.

Jeffrey was unnerved because this wasn't the reaction he was expecting. He thought for sure there would be a heated confrontation once she knew or thought he had betrayed her. He thought the questions of Who? What ? Where? and How? would be the first to come out of her mouth. But instead she figures out the babies are his on her own. " How do you know? " was his first question or words spoken since putting the babies down. " Well have you looked at your son he looks exactly like you." she shared. He knew she spoke the truth. But he felt like the girls resembled Saige but he kept that observation to himself.

He took a deep breath preparing himself to explain what has happened these past few months. Saige first I want to start by apologizing and I am ashamed that I find myself or us in this situation.  He got up to walk around. " What is worse we probably still wouldn't be having this conservation if the woman involved had not die." I still would be hiding this from you afraid I would lose the one person I love most in this world. " Saige sat back to listen. It hurt when he said he still would be hiding the situation but she felt that he was trying to be honest whether it would hurt or not.

Jeffrey said sorry and continued on with his story. I hated shutting you out these past few months. But I was scarred unsure there where so many unanswered questions I had and I knew you would have questions and I didn't have any answers. The only information I had regarding this whole situation was the information be given to me by Charlene woman and her lawyer. 

I get this emergency call explaining she was having complications and would probably be delivery with the next 24 hours and that was 4 days ago and now she dead. Then the hospital said the babies were healthy and I could take them home in 72 hours and that wasn't in the plan. Jeffrey stopped to look at Saige who had a strange look on her face.

"Look Jeffrey you aren't making any sense,' she told him. He was all over the place with his story. Maybe it was the exhaustion Saige thought. " Jeffrey look I m not going anywhere. I m not going to run off in the middle of your story. If you want me to understand. Start from the beginning please she asked him.

"It started about 9 months ago around the time we learned Jailynn was pregnant. " I receive this call from the woman her name as you know is Charlene Jenkins. She informed she was pregnant by me and if I didn't take care of my responsibility she would ruin me . We argued I told her I did not what the hell kind of con she was running because I wasn't able to father children. I explained my medical history and hang up.

She called me back telling me I was the father and would be served with papers to take a DNA test. I told her she was a crazy and would get a restraining order against her for harassment. Well that did not deter her. I received papers overnight from a lawyer stating I needed to submit a DNA sample. The documents were official and a week later I flew to New York to give the sample. " I made a few request of my own that we have two independent labs do the testing. She agreed.

Saige stopped him to ask a question. Did you meet her at the lab to confront her? she asked. " No because the only contact was through her lawyer. She feared her safety because I was so angry.' Well I didn't care because I was sure everything would be cleared up when the results came and I could wash my hands of this psycho." The results were rushed because I was willing to get this settled. So the next day I met the lawyer at the lab and I got the shock of my life. I was a match. She was pregnant and I was the father." Jeffrey takes a seat as if he was getting punched in the stomach again as he told the story.   I demanded that we wait for the other lab results and they were the same I was a match. " That is when the nightmare truly began." The lawyer said he would be in touch."

Jeffrey went over to the bar to get a drink of water his throat was dry. " Well it was even 48 hrs later that this woman had contracts and agreements for me to sign. " I was to pay her medical, housing, and day to living expenses. " I told her lawyer I wasn't signing anything until I met with Charlene Jenkins. I was hoping if I saw her it might jog my memory or something. I left and called a few contacts to hire the best private investigator money could  buy. His name is Jackson and he is still trying to get me answers. He called yesterday saying he had gotten a lead and would get back to me by the end of the week if not sooner. Saige was going to ask another question but they were interrupted by his assistant and room service.

Elizabeth Jeffrey assistant brings in the baby items that were requested. She greeted Saige with a hug and exchanged some small talk then she left. Room service rolled the cart in and departed quickly as well.  They moved their conversation into the dining area of the room. They opened some wine and sat down to eat. Jeffrey continued to tell Saige his story.

"So here I was expecting a baby or I learn later babies with a woman I don't even know, like or remember having any sexual contact or relationship. " Well with the lawyer present we meet and she tells me the story. " According to her we met at the hotel bar she couldn't even tell me which one and you know there are only a few hotels I stay at when in New York. She said I was border line drunk and bought her and myself several drinks. I allegedly asked her to assist me to my suite because I was stumbling by time we left the bar. She said when she put me to bed one thing lead to another.  We had sex and I passed out. She got dressed. I asked her how she had my information she said I slipped her my business card. She says six weeks later she pregnant and calls me saying I m going to be a father. Saige takes a sip of her wine and continues to listen.

Then two weeks later Jailynn announces she is pregnant. You are excited and start planning. I m distracted by the situation going on in New York and the last thing I want to hear is Jailynn is pregnant especially since we hadn't started the IVF treatments. Then I realize I no longer have the option of stopping the surrogacy." I found my world starting to spin out of control." he told her. Then slowly I started distancing myself from you, Jailynn, and Jarred. The only person I had to confide in was my P.I.

So for the past few months I have been throwing myself into my work. Ihad been doing alot of traveling to avoid you. Then I needed to make a decision of how I would handle the situation once she gave birth. The options I thought I had was to live a double life. Provide financially for my children and have scheduled visitation with them without their mother. I would have hired a nanny to help me. Or another option was to pay her off and give up my parental rights. Saige interrupted him " Well it doesn't sound like you would have had enough money she would have bled you dry." she shared her observation. Well I was willing to do anything to keep from losing you. That fear is still great. " Aren't you mad because the only reason I m telling you this is because of her untimely death." he asked.

Saige got up and followed him on to the terrace she hugged him from behind. " Look I married you for better or worse " right now it seems like we are in the worse but I m willing to wait and see what your P.I finds out. Jeffrey turned around to face her. " You believe me?" he asked. Yes I believe this Charlene story is to convenient and detailed. This doesn't sound like some random one night stand. " I think you were targeted. I m not sure  why but I m sure we will find out soon enough. Jeffrey pulled her close kissing he fore head. He pushed her away slightly. " What about the babies? Are they going to be a constant reminder of this situation?" Saige put her finger to his mouth to silence him.

" They innocent babies are just as much a victim as we are." Im going to love them like my own. They are a part of you and we are one." I love you. Jeffrey." They kissed but it was interrupted by a babies crying. "Duties calls you get the bottles and I ll check their diapers" Saige said. It took them an hour before all of them were in bed including Saige and Jeffrey. He went to be with hope in his heart that their marriage would survive.

Jeffrey and Saige did not get much sleep because of the babies needing to be feed every 2 hours it seems. They sat in the living room each holding one of the little girls and little man slept in the infant seat. " Jeff you know we need to name them." Saige commented. " I know I told the hospital I would fax over the birth certificates this morning. Well do you have any suggestions. " Well I think we she name her the little girl Saige was holding Candance Marie Steel. Her nickname would be Candi because she has a sweetness to her. Jeffrey agreed. Then said." I want to name her Angelina Lynn Steel she reminds me of an Angel and we could call her Angie. I like that Saige giggled. Next was little man Jeffrey's mini me. How about instead of making him a Jr we can use your name as a middle name. So they agreed and named him Jason Jeffrey Steel and his nickname would be J.J. Saige was happy they finally had names.

They spent the day getting organizing because the babies were to young to travel and they would have to spend at least 1 more week in New York. Saige put them down for a nap and went in search of Jeffrey, She wanted to fill him in on dissolving the surrogate agreement and tell him about his brothers engagement. Saige found him in the bathroom vomiting violently. "Jeffrey whats the matter?" she asked trying to comfort him. She saw his cell phone on the bathroom floor. The line was dead and she closed it. Jeffrey finally found the words " There's been an accident.

 

End Notes:

Fasten your seatbelt for the next chapter.

 

Chapter 23 Will to live or will to die ? by pokerdiva01
Author's Notes:

The title says it all. I have gone back and forth with this chapter.

Prior to Jeffrey getting a call about an accident...

Jarred woke up first it was 10 am and Jailynn was sleeping exhausted from the previous nights activities her surprise birthday party slash engagement. Jarred watched her sleep. They are officially engaged and will be spending the rest of theirs lives together. The only problem was they wouldn't be raising their babies together. He reached out and placed his hands on her stomach a baby actually kicked. It was in that moment he was going to find a way to raise his children.

Jarred removed his hand bent over and kissed his sleeping beauty," I love you baby," and he left to take a shower. Jailynn would have remained sleeping if it weren't for the phone ringing. " Hello" she said. " Hi baby were you still sleeping? her mother asked. Jailynn yawned' " Yeah but I'm awake now" she told her Jackie. " " Well the reason I m calling is because I hope we can have lunch before I head back to Houston tomorrow'" her mother shared." I been away long enough." she added. Jailynn didn't speak at first disappointed her mother would be leaving." Can't you stay a couple more days," Jailynn asked. " As much as I would like to stay I have a home and responsibilities. Jailynn knew what her mom was saying was true. But she loved having her mother around.

" OK since since your mind is made up. I will meet you for a late lunch at the hotel. How about 2pm." she said. " Jackie told her that sounded great and hang up. Jailynn just stared at the phone after hanging up. Her heart felt heavy because she was  having second thoughts about giving up the babies. She knew  her mother would be a good sounding board but wasn't quite ready to mention it to her let alone anyone else. She didn't even share it with her best friend Jessica.  She had been stuffing the feelings deep inside hoping they would go away.

Jarred came out of the bathroom with only a towel on Jailynn licked her lips. " Who was that on the phone?" he asked. " It was my mom she wants to meet me for a late lunch." She plans on leaving tomorrow," she shared " I don't want her to go." Jarred noticed the disappointment in her eyes and went over to sit on the side of the bed. " Listen I have a private plane and you can use it anytime you want to go see your mom." Just say the word. He leaned in to kiss her. " I didn't brush my teeth yet," but he kissed her anyways. " Doesn't matter and went to get dressed. Jailynn shook her head and then went to get ready for herself.

It was 1pm when Jailynn was ready to leave. She went to the home office to tell Jarred she was leaving. He was on the phone. She waved but he signaled her to wait. He finished the call. He got up from his desk and stood in front of her. " Listen Let me drive you. I have some errands to runs and I can pick  you up later." he told her. " No babe I can drive myself," she assured him. " Jailynn please humor me. " You are a few weeks from delivery." he poked his lip out at her. Instead of arguing with him Jailynn agreed knowing secretly inside she loved when he fussed over her.  Jaiylnn texted her mother she was on her way. Jackie replied back ok and they would me in the hotel lounge.

Jackie sat in the hotel lounge waiting for Jailynn to arrive. She stared at her watch again it was 2:30 pm Jailynn was never late in fact she was aways early. She  checked  her phone for another text or voice mail and there was no message.  The bartender came over with her ice tea. Jackie waited a couple more minutes then decided to call Jailynn her phone went right to voicemail," Listen baby its mom it after 2:30 and its not like you to be late. Give me a call or text and let me know that you are ok bye. Jackie tried Jarred phone and his went to voicemail as well. She left a brief message. Then the tv at the bar caught her attention. Late  Breaking News flashed across the screen. Jackie asked the bartender to turn it up. A local report announced " This just in there has been a major car accident on the Interstate and fatalities have been reported. More details will be given when a crew has reached the scene. Jackie blood ran cold.

1 hour earlier....

Jarred opened the door for Jailynn," Buckle up sweetheart," and he went around to the driver side of the Escalade. It wasn't a long ride to the hotel 20 minutes if the traffic wasn't heavy on the interstate. Jailynn put in a Alica keys Cd and then they started talking about the wedding, living arrangements, and Jailynn's plan to attend law school. Their conversation was all over the place. They finally agreed to talk about the wedding.

Jarred was suggested she get a wedding planner wanting her to be stress free. However, Jailynn said, " That wouldn't be necessary if we decided to do a destination wedding. " What do you think about a taking a cruise with our close family and friends and get married on one of the islands in the Caribbean," she suggested. " I like that idea," You know what Sweetheart I don't care what kind of wedding we have as long as at the end of the day you are Mrs Jarred Steel." he turned making eye contact with her. He smiled at her it was only for a few seconds he turned but to the road at which the same time  he heard Jailynn scream, screeching tires and metal crashing together and then everything went black. 

The Escalade rolled and finally came to a complete stop. Jarred wasn't sure how long he was unconscious but it was Jailynn faint voice of calling his name that brought him out of his stupor. " Jarred Jarred ," Jailynn soft cried. She was hurt but her first concern was the babies. She remembered trying crunch down and protect her stomach preparing for the impact. Her thoughts were broken when she finally heard Jarred respond. " Jailynn I m here," he reached out to touch her his hand came in contact with her shoulder. Then she manage to maneuver her hand to touch his." Jarred I love you and our babies save them," were the last words before she lost consciousness. " Jailynn stay with me baby, stay with me he pleaded but he got no response. Jarred knew he had to find away out the wreckage.

Jarred felt helpless he couldn't get out of the SUV the were trapped. He knew they were stuck in ditch or ravine which meant they weren't in plain view if rescuers did come. He prayed for a miracle. He wasn't sure how much time had passed but he could hear the sirens in the distance. He turned his attention back to Jailynn who remained unresponsive but she did have a  pulse hang in there baby.

The rescuer were tending to the accident victims and one of the eye witness said they had seen a black SUV  roll down the embankment. The Emt got on his radio to  alert the search parties. Jarred heard a voices. " Over hear there's a vehicle down here. They quickly made their way down. " Help please help us" Jarred yelled. " Please hurry." Baby their coming." The rescuers finally reached them. " Listen my fiancee is pregnant 37 weeks and she is unresponsive." The Emt relayed the message to the dispatcher and advice them to call Life Star there was a pregnant victim. It took them 30 minutes to extract them from the wreckage. Jailynn was flown to a trauma center.

Jarred wasn't able to fly with her because she was removed from the wreckage first. He would be transferred by ambulance. He gave them Jailynn's mother number. Jackie left for the hospital as soon as she heard the news. Jarred'd brother was called next and informed of the accident. It wasnt until Jarred was removed that they realized the seriousness of his injuries he passed out. They figured he was operating on pure adrenaline.

Jeffrey's suite...

Jeffrey couldn't say he was a very religious man but he was calling on a higher power to save Jarred, Jailynn and the twins. Saige called to have the jet fueled so they could fly home to be with Jarred and Jailynn. They were given permission to fly with the infants because it would be on a private plane. They prepared to leave.

 

 

End Notes:

I know some of you may be disappointed but stay with me on this its part of the ride. Thank you for reading and I love your comments. Sorry for any errors.

Chapter 24 Time Will Tell by pokerdiva01
Author's Notes:
Hi Chamber family. I first want to apologize for not updating in awhile. I had alot of life issues going on. I finally was motivated after readiing everyone else's stories. Thank you for your patience. I want to say thank you for all the feedback.

Waiting room of the hospital...

Jackie was pacing back and forth in the waiting room of the tramua center awaiting the arrival of Jailynn and Jarred. After fifteen minutes fo pacing she finally took a seat and began to pray. She asked God to let them live. She said a special prayer for her grandchildren because she wanted to be a grandmother to them. Her thoughts were broken by the sound of doors crashing open and a stretcher being wheeled in. " We have a male approximately  31 or 32 years of age suffering from a head injury, broken ribs and maybe internal bleeding." He's been in and out of conciousness'" the EMT reported to the hospital staff.

Jackie rushed over to the man when she heard her daughter's name. " Jailynn, Jailynn" was repeated. " Jarred Jarred she tried to reach him but was pushed off to the side. " Lady you aren't allowed in there." she was told. " I just want to know where my daughter is" she pleaded with the hospital staff member. But she was directed back to the waiting area. 

Meanwhile...

Jailynn had arrived by Lifestar and was immediately taken to the maturnity I.C.U ward. They were able to stablizer her and the doctors where optimistic because the babies weren't showing any signs of fetal distress.. Their main concern was whether or not Jailynn had suffered a brain injury only time would tell.

" Jackie Mathews," a nuse asked. Jackie went over to the nurse station immediately. " We have informations about your daughter." She was brought in by Lifestar the air medical transport team about 45 minutes ago. Due to the seriousness of her injuries she was taken to I.C.U ." One of our medical assistant will take you to there and they will be able to update you on her condition," she was informed. Jackie nodded unable to speak surprised that her daughter had been here the whole time. It took a few moments to gather her thoughts. Then she asked about Jarred but because she wasn' family not infromation was given in regards to his condition. 

Jeffrey and Saige were devasted by the news of the accident. However, they were distracted by caring for the triples and preparing for the flight which kept them from thinking the worse. They were thankful for Jerffrey's assistant who made arrangements to have cars waiting for them at the airport. Jeffrey would head straight to the hospital. Saige would join him after getting the babies settled. According to the last update Jeffrey was only told what hospital his brother had been broght to and no other information was availible.

Jessica Jailynn's best friend couldnt get to the hospital fast enoigh. Just last night they were celebrating Jailynn's birthday and engagement. She was happy for her friend who had found love and was finally coming to terms with her father's death. Jessica's secret wish for Jailynn and Jarred was they would keep their babies. Jessica wiped her tears away and asked God for a miracle. Jessica found Jackie in the waiting area of I.C.U upon seeing each other they broken down in each others arms. A few moments later Jackie finally composed herself enough to feel Jessica in. " They haven't let me see her yet." They are still getting her settled in a private room. Her condition is critical she maybe suffering from a brain injury they have to do further test." But because of the babies they have to proceed carefully." The babies aren't showing any signs of distress." But if Jailynn brains continue to show signs of swelling they may have to administer drugs which could effect the babies." she shared. "The doctors want the babies lungs to develop without having to give them medication." Jackie told her. Jessica pulled Jackie in for another hug. " She is a fighter we have to believe Jailynn will pull threw this,"Jessica hoped she would find comfort in those words.

Jarred was broght to a private room after he was examined and bandaged. He had several broken ribs, a concussion. The doctors wanted him to stay in the hospital a few days for observation." When can I see my fiancee?," he asked getting agitated. The nurse continued to adjust his I.V and pain medication for his broken ribs. When she didnt answer he attempted to get out of bed but was seized by pain. The nurse advised  him to stay in bed or she would have to sedated him. " Look as soon as I am done here I will try and find out what is going on with her." she told him and then left. Jarred thanked her and settled back down. It wasn't long before he drifted off to sleep.

Jackie and Jessica were finally allowed to see Jailynn. The doctor warned them about all the moniters. Both of them were still unprepared when they entered her room. She had bruises on her face and there were lots of noise from the different machines. " The nurse in the room continued to take vitals and check the babies moniters. Then she spoke to Jackie and Jessica. " According to the doctors your daughter saved these babies lives." The believe she crouched down to protect her stomach which caused her head tramua." What does that tell you about a mother's love." She left to give them privacy. Jackie and Jessica wouldn't expect anything less from Jailynn. She was willing to sacrifice her life for her children. They took a seat by her bedside.

Jailynn could see and hear everything going on around her but for some reason she wasn't being heard. " Don't cry." I m fine mama and Jessica." she attempted to reach out to them by squeezing their hand as they spoke words of encouragement to her. But she was paralized. " Maybe I m not alright after all." Daddy help me," Jailynn said silently. She hoped he would come to her.

 

End Notes:
Sorry it was a short update but I hope you like it. Feedback is appreciated. I m sorry for typos my computer is giving me issues. I m hoping to update later this week.
Chapter 25 Let the Healing begin by pokerdiva01
Author's Notes:
Ok I know its been A really long time. I m sorry the muse was lacking. But I feel inspired tonight. I am going to have to go back and edit but I wanted to strike while the iron is hot. I hope you all still want to take this journey with me. I love ya all .

 

Jeffrey stood across the room watching his brother wondering when he would wake up. The doctors explained they had to sedate him because he became upset when they wouldnt allow him to see or give him information on Jailynn.  Jeffrey turn to stare out the window into the dark night. " Come on Jarred wake up he wanted to let his brother know Jailynn and the twins were holding their own and her mother was their by her side willing her to live.

Jarred felt his twins presence without opening his eyes. There was something to be said about the connection twins had. " Jeffrey" he called out. Jeffrey went to his brother side immediately." Hey I m here sorry I couldnt have gotten here sooner.." You are pretty banged up" he told Jarred. " According to the doctors you have a  concussion, bruised ribs and maybe internal bleeding but they are monitering you." he explained.

" Look I careless about me." its Jailynn and the babies that I'm worried about." Jeff they won"t tell me anything." I can"t lose them man ," the tears ran down his cheek. Jeff gathered his brother in his arms and let him cry on his shoulder something they had never done ever was comfort each other. After a few minutes passed Jeffrey spoke to Jarred. " Listen I spoke with Jackie and she told me Jailynn is in critical condition but the twins are stable and she hasn't delivered them. The doctors are monitoring the situaion closely and don't want to deliiver until they sure their lungs are developed enough." he shared. Jarred sighed relieved that he had some sense of what was going on with Jailynn but he wanted to see her himself.

"Jeffrey you have to help me get out of this bed and to them," he pleaded with his brother. Jeffrey told him to hold on and left the room. He searched the hallways looking for an empty wheel chair and finally found one in the waiting room. There weren't many people around because of the late hour. Jarred waited anixously wondering where his brother had gone. After five minutes Jeffrey returned with a wheel chair. And he found some scrubs in one of the supplies rooms. He changed into the scrubs hoping he looked like a member of the staff. "I really dont think this a good idea." What if you really do have internal bleeding?" he asked. " Don't worry I am sore but I will survive. " Jeffrey helped Jarred get into the wheelchair IV bag and all. He checked the hallway to make sure the coast was clear and then they ventured out toward the ICU.

Jeffrey and Jarred made it up to the ICU and decided to go into the waiting room of that floor. "Listen I will go find Jackie. " Ok hurry" Jarred told his brother. "Jeffrey was making his way to the nurses station when Jackie saw him. " Jarred is that you ?" she asked as she got closer. Then she realized it was his twin brother she had spoke to earlier.  " Sorry its just that you and your brother look so much alike. Jeffrey told her no problem and asked her to follow him. Jarred head shot up when he saw Jackie approaching. He felt the tears coming to the surface again. " I'm so so sorry Jackie," he said as she reached for him embracing him tightly. " No apologizes are necessary it was an accident Jarred you aren't to blame." she raised his facce toward hers. " You have to be strong for her and those babies and know that she doesn't blame you." Jackie told him. "Come on let me take you to her." But there are a few things I need to tell you first. " she said.

Even with Jackie explaining to Jarred the last few hours and Jailynn's condition and all the machine she was hooked up to he couldnt fathom what he saw upon entering the hospital room. There were tubes everywhere and machine going beep or pumping. He noticed the heart monitor for the babies. He felt like his head and heart would explode from the pain that was gripping his insides from seeing the love of his life lying there lifeless. Jackie wheeled him over to the side of the bed. He took her hand and intertwined it with his and began rubbing it against his cheek where tears ran down. He mumble a pray hoping god would hear and show him some mercy and spare the life of Jailynn and his unborn children.

" Baby girl can you hear me?" he asked. " Jailynn heard the words baby girl. " Daddy is that you " she asked. She remained in darkness but could hear a familiar voice calling. " Daddy I am here," I m hurt daddy." she explained. " You have to come back to me."  he said. " Daddy why can't I see you?" she asked. Jailynn couldnt understand why he still hadn't come to bring her out of the darkness. She was his baby girl.Mr. Mathews looked down upon his baby girl Jailynn asking him to bring her out of the darkness and into the light. The only problem was the eternal light meant death. She was to young to die and had a lot to live for. " Jailynn its not your time."  I can't bring you out of the darkness." Turn back." those were the words that kept repeating in her head.

An alarm sounded and a nurse came busting into the room everyone out.."

Jailynn was rushed into surgery. The pressure in her head had reached a dangerous level and they wanted to relieve it. First they wouold have to perform an emergency C-section and then they would put a shunt into her head. Jarred, Jackie, Jeffrey and Jessica paced in the waiting room it seemed like she had been in there for hours and it had only been 45 minutes. The doors busted open and two NICU incubators were being wheeled out of the opearating room and one of the doctors followed. He came over to speak to the family. He saw how anxious they were and wanted to put them at ease.

" Listen twins are doing fine breathing on their own. But as a precautionary measure we will be keeping them in the NICU for the next 48 hours for observation. " Jailynn is stable." We were able to relieve the pressure and delivering the babies has taken some of the strain off of her body. She will be in recovery in 20 minutes and then we will bring her back to her room. " If you will excuse me I need to get back in there." the doctor left.

"That is the best news ever," Jackie exclaimed." Jeffrey reached into his pocket and took out the documents ending the surrogacy and handed them to Jarred. " Whats this?" he asked. "LIsten a lot has happend in the last 24 hours but most important is you are a father and you are a grandmother. Those papers were a gift for you and Jailynn. There is no longer a surrogate agreement." You, Jailynn and those beautiful babies can be a family. " Jarred could believe his ears or eyes. Jackie stood with her hands over her mouth excited because she had hoped and prayed for a few miracles and she just recieved one.

 

End Notes:
Ok there is so much more to come. With Jeffrey and Saige and the triplets and its juicy. Thanks for sticking with me. P.S sorry about the errors I m trying to edit now.
Chapter 26 Everyone has Secrets ... by pokerdiva01
Author's Notes:

This chapter is going to get the ball rolling. The next chapter is going too focus on Saige and Jeffrey and questions will finally start to get answered. Jackie is going to be a major player as well.

 

Everyone has Secrets

Everyone has secrets to keep or sometimes tell. The Nurse gave the family a few minutes to admire the twins before taking them away to be examined and observed for the next 48 hours. Jackie went with the twins because Jarred wanted to focus on Jailynn knowing the twins were stable. Jackie told Jarred she would keep him informed.

Jarred couldn’t believe the amount of love he felt when he saw the babies for the first time. He hated the fact that Jailynn wasn’t there to be apart of it. He wanted to hold them but he had to settle for the brief moment he was given by the nurses. The nurse promised they would let him know when the babies were done with their test and examinations.

Jeffrey looked on as a proud uncle happy for his brother and Jailynn. His thoughts went to Saige and the triples who were home getting settled in. He planned on leaving the hospital once Jarred was allowed to be with Jailynn. Jeffrey wonder when it would be a good time to share his news.

Jackie stood at the glass watching the twins from a distance. It made her think back to when she was 15 years old and had given birth to her first child. The baby was stillborn according to her mother. It hurt that she had never seen the child because they had performed an emergency C-section and had been put to sleep. Jackie’s mom had told her not to dwell on and there was no reason to mention the birth to anyone. Neither Jailynn or her husband ever knew of this child. " God has a way dealing with the unexpected and her future was bright again." She finished school went on to college. Jackie was 20 when she got married and had Jailynn the following year. It wasn’t until she watched her grand children that she wonder what her first child would have looked like. The baby was a girl and Jackie had wonder if she would have looked like Jailynn. Jackie shook the thoughts away and continued watching the babies.

Jarred sat at her bedside wanting Jailynn to wake up excited about telling her about the twins and the fact they would get to raise their children together. Jailynn laid with one hand resting against her stomach. She slowly began to wake up and immediately became alarmed when she sensed an emptiness." Jarred," she spoke in a whisper. His head rose up when he heard his name. " Jarred the babies, where are the babies," she asked with concern in her eyes. " Oh, baby you are awake," a tear rolled down his check and she attempted to wipe it away. He hated be confined to the wheel chair. He saw the pleading look in her eyes knowing she wanted answers about the babies. He took her hand in his. " The twins are fine and getting checked out," he shared stroking her hand. "Saige and Jeffrey must be excited," she tried to sound enthusiastic. " They are beautiful I can’t wait for you to meet them," Jarred told her. " I’m not really up to it and Jeffrey and Saige need to bond with them." she turned away from Jarred not wanting him to see her tears. Jarred could have kicked himself. He was so caught up in the moment he hadn’t told her about the surrogate agreement being dissolved.

" Jailynn baby look at me," I have something to tell you or actually show you,". Jarred took out the paperwork Jeffrey had given him earlier. Since Jailynn was still out of it he read it to her. The tears poured down her check. " Their ours really ours?" she questioned him. " Yes he said gripping her hand tightly. " I need to see them Jarred. I almost lost them." I almost lost you.

Meaning while Jeffrey had excused himself and told Jarred he needed to call his wife. Saige was happy to hear everyone was on the road to recovery. Jeffrey told Saige he would be home shortly it had been a long day. After hanging up with Saige he received a call his cell. He recognized the number on the caller I.D. it was his private investigator Jackson he answered. "Hello," he said to Jackson. " Listen I have some information for you and I want to tell you in person. I will be in town tomorrow got to go my plane is boarding." Jackson hang up. Jeffrey stared at his cell after hanging up. He would finally have some answers. He left the hospital.

Jeffrey arrived home to find Saige in the middle of a feeding. " Perfect timing," she handed him a bottle and Candi who was quite hungry. She went to retrieve little man or J.J. who was the most laid back out of the three babies. They each took a rocker in the nursey and began to fill each other in on their day.

" Listen Jackson called and he has some news for us," he shared. " You mean we are going to finally have some answers?" Saige asked. " Yes, hopefully we will be able to put this mess behind us. Once and for all." he said. Saige sighed to herself wondering if she would be able to handle what tomorrow would bring. Jeffrey stared watching his wife interact with a child she couldnt call her own it caused an ache in his heart. But if there was one thing he knew about his wife was she loved hard and right now she proved it by loving these children as if they were her own. He remembered how she pointed out these babies were innocent and shouldn't suffer as a result of their mother's sins.

 

End Notes:
I hope you enjoy and feedback welcomed. P.S I m trying to figure out this editing for give me for any errors. I am sorry its short chapter the next one should be longer.
Chapter 27 Ten Fingers and Ten Toes by pokerdiva01
Author's Notes:
Jailynn and Jarred meet their babies. Jeffrey and Saige have a moment. Jackie past will effect her future.

 

Chapter 27 Ten Fingers and Ten Toes

Jailynn and Jarred waited patiently for their babies to be brought to them. Jailynn gave the doctors an ultimatum bring either the babies to her or she would go to them. She had been awake over an hour and was getting restless. She kept wringing her hands, "What’s taking them so long? ," She asked Jarred. He took her hands in his and began massaging them hoping to distract her. " I don’t know but we do have a problem," Jarred informed her. Jailynn stopped to think to herself what he could be talking about. She stared at him confused. "Names?" We never thought of any because we weren’t going to be raising them," Jarred told her. Jailynn remained speechless because not only didn’t they have any names but she realized they weren’t even prepared to bring these babies home.

Jarred was quite proud of himself because he found away to occupy their time while waiting for the babies arrival. They were in the middle of discussing their living arrangement when the door was pushed open and two incubators were rolled into the room. Jackie followed the nurses into the room. Jailynn wished she wasn’t confined to the bed and Jarred to the wheel chair. Nothing could have prepared Jailynn or Jarred for this moment of seeing or holding their children for the first time. But when the babies were placed in each of their arms words couldn’t describe how they felt. They each took a moment to count fingers and toes. They cradled the babies in their arms holding them close to their heart. They each spoke softly and giving them kisses. Jackie stood back watching them bond with their children. After a few minutes they switched babies.

Jailynn was the first one to speak. She was holding her baby girl who had jet black hair and almond shaped eyes. "Hope Jaclynn Steel how does that sound?" she asked Jarred and her mother. "You know Jaclynn is a combo of our names mom," Jailynn mentioned. " I like it." they both said at the same time. " Do you have any suggestions for your son’s name?" she asked next. Jarred liked the sound of hearing his son. He was actual a father. He had never planned on be a dad but now he was glad that he was. " James Michael Steel, it’s a combination of your father’s and my name," Jarred shared with them. A tear rolled down Jailynn’s and Jackie’s cheek touched by Jarred’s thoughtfulness. "I think that is a great idea," Jailynn said and her mother nodded in agreement.

Jackie was relieved that everyone was doing well and decided she should head back to the hotel and get some sleep. She said her goodbyes and left the hospital. When she finally reached her room and closed the door that is when she broke down. The lost few days had left her emotional and physically drained. It was in this moment that she no longer had to be strong but could allow herself to cry. She climbed into bed fully dressed and cried herself to sleep. Jackie’s last thoughts to herself was tomorrow would be a new day.

 

Jailynn and Jarred didn’t want Hope or James to leave them but it was time for their next feeding. The doctors explained if the babies continued to thrive they would be transferred out of the NICU. They kissed them and counted the fingers and toes one more time. The nurses assured them the babies were healthy.The nurses found first time parents very entertaining at times.

After the nurses and doctors left the room Jailynn began to cry. Jarred took her hands in his asking her what was wrong. " I can’t believe I was going to give them up. What kind of mother does that to her children? she asked Jarred looking away from him. " Hey look at me." he placed a finger under her chin. " Look when this whole process started we each had different priorities and wanted to help my brother and his wife achieve the dream of having children." We each had our own reasons and the thought of having children or falling in love wasn’t part of the plan." But guess what we did and that was almost taken from us." Jailynn I love you and those babies and I’m not looking back or second guessing our choices. " You are going to be an awesome mother," he told her. " Jarred I love you and why do you have to make so much sense," she asked wiping away her tears.

Jailynn doctor came into the room a few minutes later. He was happy to see her alert and doing well but advised she needed to take it easy. She needed to be observed for the next 24 hours before she could be moved to a private room. Jarred told her good night and was brought back to his room. He called her as soon as the orderly left the room. They talked another 30 minutes excited about see the babies tomorrow along with Jeffrey and Saige.

Saige and Jeffrey stared at the sleeping infants. They had spent the last hour feeding and bathing and getting them ready for bed. It seemed they were developing a routine already with the babies. Jeffrey was astounded how Saige already knew the likes and dislikes of each infant. Angie liked to be held facing out and J.J liked to be rocked neither liked the pacifier. However, Candi wanted a pacifier and demanding your undivided attention. She always seemed to be awake while the other two would be sleeping Saige had explained to Jeffrey earlier. Jeffrey and Saige grabbed a shower after putting the babies down for their last feeding of the night and hoped they would get at least 4 or 5 hours of sleep. The exhaustion of the last few days had finally caught up with Saige and Jeffrey. They fall right to sleep.

Jackson checked into the hotel and knew it was to late to call Jeffrey to let him know he had caught and earlier flight. He decided to shower and go over the files knowing he wanted to share his findings with them.

End Notes:

Hi everyone. I finally got a chance to update. I m working on the Jeffrey and Saige when they meet with Jackson and much more is coming for Jarred, Jailynn and Jackie. Thanks for sticking with me.

Chapter 28 Questions Answered by pokerdiva01
Author's Notes:

Jackson meets with Saige and Jeffrey. I hope you enjoy this update. I love you comments and feedback. The next chapter will involve everyone.

Chapter 28 Questions Answered

Jackson waited in the living room for Saige and Jeffrey. He kept thumbing through the file still fascinated by what he found. He was reviewing his notes when he heard Jeffrey enter. He stood up and greeted him. " Sorry to keep you waiting," Jeffrey explained the triplets are fussy this morning. Saige shouldn’t be much longer." He shared. " I understand" Jackson responded. He was a father of two small children himself. Jeffrey then offered him a drink and refreshments. The two men spoke casually waiting on his wife not wanting to begin without her.

Saige came in a few minutes later and took a seat next to Jeffrey."Good morning Mrs. Steel," he said. " Call me Saige," she responded. Jackson knew they waited for the information for weeks and didn’t want to keep them waiting. He opened the file give them each an individual report telling them he would explain everything.

" The report you are looking at is initial findings of a Federal Investigation into medical facility you used for your fertility treatments." The facility has been shutdown and a full investigation is being conducted for the misusage of patients embryos, private information and a number of violations. There are individuals which are going to be brought up on felony charges. Fortunately for you one of the individuals Michelle Jenkins was willing to talk when I tracked her down in New York.

It seems Charlene Jenkins and a few co-workers were blackmailing wealthy individuals and arranging illegal adoptions. Saige and Jeffrey looked at him confused. " Let me explain." Ms. Michelle who was a receptionist at the facility had access to patient information. There were three medical graduates who specialized infertility at the facility and had access to embryos of patients. They knew couples spent thousands of dollars to have I.V.F and their facility was known for dealing with wealthy clients. They were stealing embryos and implanting them in individuals who wanted to make thousands of dollars from being a surrogate. They would tell them about a couple who wanted to have a baby but needed a surrogate. Their medical expenses would be paid and a stipend given while they carried the babies to term. Then a lump sum of money was paid to those individuals.

Once these children were born, they would be illegally adopted by couples in the United States or overseas. Michelle said they made a lot of money over the past year and half. The feds aren’t sure how many couples could be effected. It seems Charlene Jenkins convinced her sister they should make a side arrangement and that is where you become involved. After doing some research they learned of your wealth. It was decided Charlene Jenkins would be the surrogate".

Jeffrey interrupted Jackson to ask a question shocked by the story unfolding. " How would they know my schedule or have contact with me if I don’t remember meeting her" he asked? You never did meet her. He explained until she contacted accusing you of impregnating her." They had access to your personal information. What they would do is call your personal assistant pretending to be a hotel representative confirming a reservation. They would mix up the information and your assistant would go over your hotel arrangements. Don’t forget your information for hotel was on file when you would stay in New York for your treatments?

You would attend your business meeting. A few weeks later you get a call from Charlene claiming. She is pregnant by you. You are served with documents to submit to a DNA test which came back positive. Then you started to wonder how it was possible. She gives you her story of meeting up with you in a hotel bar explains you are drunk and you invite her to stay. You don’t remember figuring maybe you were that drunk because there was a DNA proof of her being pregnant with your child. That is when you hire me to do a full investigation." He stops to give them a moment to absorb what he is saying. " However, Charlene’s death was unexpected."

Saige feels like she is having an out of body experience unable to grasp how anyone could be that calculating resulting in destroying innocent people’s lives especially the children. After taking a moment to process what was being shared she started to panic. Jeffrey saw her turning white as if she saw a ghost. Taking a moment to breathe Saige finally speaks.

She looks into Jeffrey eyes, " If they were stealing couple’s embryo that means those babies could be ours," Right?" Then she turned to look at Jackson with the look of disbelief but saw the nod of confirmation from him. Jackson went to continue, however, Saige bolted from the room heading to the nursery. She stood staring at the sleeping infants. She searched the faces of the little girl’s Candi and Angie looking for a resemblance of herself in them because she knew in her heart they were daughters and J.J her son favored his father. Angie woke up and Saige picked her up immediately to hold her close. She didn’t need a DNA to prove that she was the babies mother. The thought they she may have not been given the chance to be their mother or known of their existence angered her.

Jeffrey excused himself and Jackson understood the need to be with his wife. Jackson explained he would be in town a few more days and they could continue the conversation. He found Saige in the nursery introducing herself to the babies.

 

 

End Notes:

The next chapter involves everyone and more drama.

Chapter 29 What Gives? by pokerdiva01
Author's Notes:
Hope you like this Chapter its focuses on Saige and Jeffrey and a new character
Chapter 29 What Gives…..

24 hours later Steel household..

“ Jeffrey are you sure it doesn’t hurt ?, Saige asked as the doctor swabbed the inside of each of the infants mouth. “ No they’ll be just fine,” he reassured her. After, Jackson had given them the update on the federal investigation they had quickly requested a DNA test for Saige and the babies. She didn’t need a DNA test s to know these were their biological children but actual documentation would end any doubt and put this whole situation to rest.

“ Ok Mr. and Mrs. Steel we should have the results by the end of the week,” the doctor informed them as he stored the samples and was shown out. Saige remained behind taken in the beautiful sight before her and then she reached out to touch them as they drifted off to sleep. “ I know my little angels its been quite the morning,” she bent down to kiss each one of them before going to join her husband in his study.

Saige walked over to Jeffrey and hugged him then proceeded to kiss him. “ What was that for he asked?,” surprised by liking it because they had not been affectionate in a long time. “ Its been overdue and I miss us,” she said. The secrets he kept from her brought a lot of distance between them. “ I am sorry Saige that I doubted our love and I hope you can forgive me someday.” he told her while he pulled her into him deepening the kiss.

Jeffrey would have remained kissing his wife senseless but there was a knock on his study door. “ I hate to bother you but you have some guest their housekeeper informed them. The Steel’s weren’t expecting anyone especially since Jarred and Jailynn were in the hospital and they had planned on visiting with them later in the day. They left the study to see who was waiting for them.

When they enter the living room the encountered a small entourage of people. A women who seemed in her late 30’s maybe 40’s with two well dressed individuals who reminded them of lawyers and a young woman who looked like a personal assistant. Jeffrey and Saige gathered themselves and entered the room looking like the power couple and went to meet their unannounced guest.

The woman was the first to speak,” Hi my name is Ms Vanessa Jenkins and you are? Was her next statement. Jeffrey and Saige was taken back feeling like a stranger in their own home. Jeffrey didn’t appreciate the woman tone. “ Hello, I m Jeffrey Steel and this is my wife Saige Steel and you are? He asked. I m Charlene’s mom and I am here to claim my grandchildren. ‘ I take it they haven’t been to much of an problem it looks like you could afford them.’” Well don’t worry you will be fully reimbursed and my lawyers will take care of everything.” she looked in their direction introducing them as Everett and John of Smith and Smith attorneys at law.


Saige and Jeffrey stood speechless as this woman stood in the middle of their living room totally disrespecting them and making claim to children that her daughter had stolen from them. Saige couldn’t take it any longer the audacity of this woman to enter her home unannounced informing them she was here to claim her grandchildren and expecting them to simply go upstairs and give them to lunatic whose elevator obviously wasn’t going to the top as some would say. Jeffrey saw the steam coming out of his wife ears and he had his own. He squeezed her hand signaling he would handle this.

“ Listen Ms. Jenkins I don’t know how or what gave you the impression that you were going to come into our home and make these outrageous demands especially after the hell you daughter has put my family through. Obviously you aren’t aware of the felony crimes your deceased daughter has committed and the on going federal investigation that is still in progress. Your daughter is responsible for stealing our embryos and blackmailing me and several individuals. If she were alive she be sitting in a federal prison awaiting trial and I being a lawyer would make sure she was prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Jeffrey stared at the woman wondering if she was listening to anything he said. “ Listen Jeffrey I m not here to defend my daughter. I m here to let you know her crimes have nothing to do with me claiming my grandchildren.“ I have legal documentation stating that she gave birth to triples and you are the children’s father.” I expect you will want visitation but I will be suing for custody.” Those babies will have a better life than their mother had and besides your wife doesn’t look like the type that would want a constant reminder of an affair around on a daily basis.” Saige was seeing red at this point and was going to explode.

‘Ms. Jenkins I m asking you to leave and my lawyers will be in touch,” I want to see my grandchildren,” legally they are my grand kids. Her lawyers who didn’t say much pulled her a side advising her to get a court order. “ Fine we are leaving but let me tell you this is hardly over. “ I ll see myself out,” she left.

‘Jeffrey tell me she doesn’t have any legal rights to our children.” Saige went into his arms sobbing. Jeffrey knew family law wasn’t his specialty.
End Notes:
I know its been a while since I updated I hope some of you are still interested look forward to the feed back. I missed you chamber family.
Chapter 30 What Gives ?... part II by pokerdiva01
Author's Notes:
This is what give part ii focusing on Jarred and Jailynn
Chapter 30 What Gives .. Part II


Jailynn didn’t sleep well because all she could think about were seeing the twins later, The nurse came in to check her bandages and told her breakfast would be arriving shortly and then left to continue her rounds. Jailynn wasn’t left alone for long because Jarred arrived in her room 10 minutes later. “ Good morning beautiful,” he said as he wheeled himself over to the bed. Jailynn turned to face him and noticed she had been crying, “ What ‘s wrong ?,” he took her hands in his trying to console her.

She took a moment and then began to explain what was bothering her. “ I am feeling really bad because we haven’t been able to thank Saige and Jeffrey.” Then I realize that it may just be too much for them to come to the hospital and see the children that were suppose to be theirs,” she told him. “ I know for myself the further along I was in this pregnancy I became attached. I started to have my doubts about how I was going to give these babies up.” So you see I m upset because I feel like I am being selfish wanting them here with us to see our little miracles,” she shared.

Jarred managed to get out of the wheelchair and sit on the edge of the bed. He gathered her into his arms. “ Listen you aren’t being selfish we been through a lot with the accident and we thankful to be alive and we want savor every moment and that includes having our family around.” He pulled back from Jailynn and placed a finger under her chin listen,” I will call Jeffrey and check in with them. He called to check in last night and assured me they would be here today.” Hearing this made her feel a little better and Jarred noticed she began to relax.

Jackie stopped by the nursery to see her grandbabies first before heading over to see her daughter. They were good size considering the babies were a few weeks early. Oh how she wish her husband were here to share this moment with her but she knew he was looking down and watching over their grandchildren. Jackie pretended the twins could hear her talking,” Listen Grandma’s going to go check on your mom and dad but I will be back to check on you and maybe share a story or two about your mama.” She blew them kisses and then left.

Jarred and Jailynn were talking to Jessica on speakerphone. She had to leave town unexpectedly due to a family emergency but wanted to make sure here best friend was on the road to recovery before leaving town. Jailynn told her take care of your family and they would be fine. Jackie was happy to see her daughter. If it weren’t for the bandages you would not have guessed that she gave birth to twins, had major brain surgery and almost died. She looked up to saying a small prayer of thanks to Lord before heading over to her daughter and Jarred. “ Hi guys,”, she hugged them both and they filled her in on how the babies were doing.




Meanwhile…

Jeffrey and Saige were in his study making security arrangements and contacting lawyers. Saige was pacing still reeling from the unexpected visit from Vanessa Jenkins. Jeffrey finished his call and then walked over to Saige to comfort her.” Listen according to Tim she doesn’t have a case especially with all the evidence of her daughter criminal activates and the key will be the DNA results and I am their legal living guardian and the birth certificates has my name and the mother is deceased.” He lifted Saige chin so he could look directly into her eyes, “ Don’t give that woman and I use the term loosely another thought,” she shook her head in agreement. Then the phone rang. Jeffrey looked at the caller ID it was his brother calling.

“ Hello Jeff its me Jarred,” he was out in the hall making the call while Jailynn spent some time with her mother. “ Yeah is everything alright”, Jeff asked. “ For the most part was the answer he gave. “ Listen Jailynn really needs to see you and Saige. She feels guilty about taking your chances of having a family away but wants to reassure you guys you will be a big part of the kids lives.’’ I know she mentioned you as god parents. “ Jarred shared. Jeffrey listened but realized Jarred didn’t even know about the triples or the current situation because of the accident. “ Hey Jarred listen let Jailynn know we will be coming by later in the afternoon and they have a surprise of their own. “ All of a sudden Jarred heard crying in the background and Saige mentioning needing help with the feedings. “ Listen I got to go,” then Jarred heard the phone go click. He stared at his phone wondering what just happened.



End Notes:
Here is a update. So its short but work is crazy right now. Sorry about any errors.
Chapter 31 Anticipation by pokerdiva01
Author's Notes:
Sorry its been ahile for an update. I hope you enjoy and I love your feedback.Thanks for sticking with me.
31. Anticipation


Jarred hanged up the phone and headed back into the hospital room. Jailynn stopped speaking to her mother to comment that his call hadn’t taken long. “ Yeah, Jeffrey assured me they would be here later this afternoon. It seemed like they had a lot going on from what he could tell from Saige calling him in the background. He went over to see the gifts Jackie had brought. They were waiting for the twins .Their conversation was interrupted when the nurse entered the room with James and Hope 15 minutes later.

“Good Morning we have some special visitors ,” the nurse said as she wheeled the babies into the room. “ James and Hope are doing great. The doctor will be in a little later with an update.” The plan is to transfer them to the nursery in 48 hours. It’s time for their next feeding and we thought you would like to feed them.” The nurse handed Hope to Jarred. She was beautiful like her mother. He would give his little girl the world and knew he wouldn’t let anyone hurt his little princess. He settled her in the crook of his arm and began to feed her.

Jailynn was handed James. He was a handsome devil like his father sure to be a heartbreaker. “ I’m hoping you are going to be a mama’s boy because I know I was a daddy’s girl and from what I can see your sister Hope already has your daddy wrapped around her little finger.” Jailynn noticed how Hope was gripping her daddy’s finger while he fed her. She then began to feed James. Jackie embraced the scene before her loving the fact she was a grandmother.

Before the nurse left she told them the babies could remain with them for the rest of the day. She advised them to use the nurse’s button if they needed anything. She told them it was ok to change their outfits and they had been given a bath earlier. Once the babies were feed they changed their diapers and put a new outfit on them. Jarred and Jailynn were amazed at how their parental instincts had kicked in especially since neither one of them had been around babies. It also helped that her mother was there to help. “ They look adorable in their matching outfit’s the only difference was the colors pink and blue of course;” Jackie commented.

Jarred rocked Hope humming a little lullaby and Jackie had taken James while Jailynn went to take a shower with the assistance of the nurse. Jarred though injured had been able to help himself this morning. While Jailynn left the room Jarred took this as a opportunity to talk to her mother. “ Jackie I was wondering if you would consider relocating here or wherever Jailynn might want to attend Law school,” I know it would mean the world to Jailynn and me. “ I see how close you are and I didn’t have that with my parents. We are family and I want our children to have you be a big part of their life.” he shared with his future mother-in-law. Jackie could feel the tears welling up in her eyes. She knew this was coming straight from his heart unrehearsed. “ Yes I have considered it especially with almost losing you both and the babies,” she shared.

Jailynn came back looking refreshed but Jarred could tell something was weighing on her mind. The twins had fallen a sleep and Jackie took this opportunity to go and get something to eat given them a opportunity to have a moment of privacy. Jarred came to sit on the edge of the bed taken Jailynn’s hands in his. “ Jarred I m scared I don’t want Saige and Jeffrey to resent us for taken their dream of having a family away. “ I was thinking of asking them to be the babies godparents. “ Do you think that is a good idea?,” or am I asking too much of them. Jarred saw the turmoil in her eyes along with the need to do what was right by Jeffrey and Saige who made a ultimate sacrifice in order for them to be a family. He pulled Jailynn to his chest and told her he felt that his brother and Saige would be honored by the gesture.

Meanwhile

Saige and Jeffrey were finally in route to the hospital with the triplets. They had decided to bring them because they didn’t want to take the chance Vanessa would pay them another unwanted visit . Also Jailynn had been moved to a private room at the exclusive hospital. Besides they looked forward to introducing Angie, Candi and J.J to the family because Jarrod and Jailynn who still didn’t know of their birth or the circumstance surrounding it. “ I still can’t believe how much stuff is necessary for one trip Jeffrey joked. They were getting accustom to having three of everything. They were thankful for the stroller that accommodated triplets. Saige was thankful for personal assistants because they had done a lot of the shopping and was making the transition into mothering triplets easier. Saige squeezed Jeffrey hand she hated waiting for the DNA confirmation that she was their mother but in her heart she knew they were hers. It was a short drive to the hospital. They parked and got organized and checked in at the information desk to get Jailynn’s room number. Jeffrey and Saige smiled with pride as people commented on their children.

Jarred and Jailynn had their backs to the door because they were changing the babies diapers again. They were laughing. “ I guess the expert weren’t lying when they said babies eat, sleep and pooh,” he joked. They heard the door open but figured it was Jackie and didn’t turn around until they heard a infant begin to fuss and it wasn’t Hope or James which caused them to turn around and see Jeffrey, Saige, and three infants. Once inside the room Saige handed the diaper bag to Jeffrey and proceeded to pick up Candi who was fussing and calmed down as soon as Saige picked her up. “Hi guys sorry were late,” Jeffrey told them as he parked the stroller. The look on Jarred’s and Jailynn’s face was priceless.

It was James and Hope’s cooing that brought their attention back to them. “ I see you have your hands full too ,“ Saige commented as she walked over to Jarred and Jailynn’s .Both of them looked at the babies, Saige and Jeffrey wondering what was going on. Jeffrey noticed the look of uncertainty ,” Don’t worry we haven’t kidnapped anyone’s children finish what you are doing and we will explain..” Saige looked at Jeffrey smiling knowing of the story he would tell a lot had transpired in a short period of time.

Once the babies were settled Jarred and Jailynn were able to properly greet Jeffrey and Saige. Then they turned their attention to the sleeping infants who reminded them of James and Hope. Jeffrey and Saige came to stand by them. “ Jarred and Jailynn we would like to introduce you to our children ,“This is Jason Jeffrey Steel, Angelina Lynn Steel and Candance Marie Steel, he shared. “ They turned to Jarred who introduced his children” This is Jason Michael Steel and Hope Jaclynn Steel,” he shared. If it weren’t for the fact that the triplets were a couple of weeks older they could pass for brother and sisters. “ It’s amazing how much they resemble each other,” Jailynn commented. The brothers were identical twins but was it possible for their children to look so much alike granted Saige and Jailynn could pass for sister that is what drew Jeffrey to her in the first place when they considered using a surrogate. She shrugged it off. Jailynn and Jarred wanted to know what was going on with Jeffrey and Saige.






End Notes:
I havent forgotten about the letter in the draw or jackie's past or a few other things that I have hinted at wink.
Chapter 32 Family Matters by pokerdiva01
Author's Notes:
Jeffrey and Saige share their story with the others.
Chapter 32 Family Matters

Jarred and Jailynn got the twins settled in their bassinets. Saige fed Candi who was now sleeping in her car seat. Jeffrey checked on the other sleeping infants. Jackie entered the room with food from the local bistro. “ Hey guys sorry it took me awhile.,” she had her back to everyone pushing the door with her back because her hands were full. “ Hey let me help you with that,” Jeffrey said. When Jackie finally turned around she noticed Saige , Jarred, Jailynn, James, Hope and three sleeping infants.” Looks like we have a full house,” she commented. Jeffrey put the food on the table and then took her coat. She went over to greet Saige. They hadn’t spent a lot of time together but Jackie felt drawn to Saige. She hugged Saige and Jeffrey then walked over to the sleeping infants wondering who’s they were. But after looking at them for a minutes they resembled Hope and James.

Jeffrey and Saige came to stand by Jackie’s side to introduce the babies to her. Jeffrey explained she was just in time because they were going to share the circumstance concerning their birth. “ Well why don’t we all get something to eat first. There is enough for everyone,” she explained. They took a moment to eat and talked about the babies and how things were going. Once Jeffrey finished his sandwich he figured he would start explaining the situation. He squeezed Saige’s hand for comfort before beginning.

Jarred, Jailynn and Jackie listen attentively to their story. Jailynn now understand why Jeffrey seemed distance when he would attend doctors appointments or why he wasn’t happy when he learned she was carrying twins. Saige interjected that she thought his being distance because he was nervous about being a father. Jarred was shocked and upset with himself for not being their for his twin. Jeffrey told him there was nothing anyone could have done because he was being secretive trying to figure out how to not lose everything and everyone he loved.

Jackie couldn’t believe how cruel and calculating these individuals were all for money. She was wondering how families were going to cope when the federal investigation was complete. “Jackson my private investigator expects this case could go on for a few years especially because they have to track down babies that families don’t even know exist.,” He continued on and finally got to the part of Vanessa Jenkins visit to the house. Saige’ s blood started to boiling thinking about it as she hears Jeffrey tell the others. Jackie reached over and squeezed her hand. She appreciated the gesture. Jeffrey stopped to take a sip of his drink while Jailynn asked a question about the DNA test.

Jeffrey explained the results being rushed and sent to two independent labs. “ We should have the results by the end of the week if not sooner. Saige got up and walked over to J.J who was beginning to squirm and picked him up. “ I don/t need a DNA test to confirm these babies are mine now that I know. There’s a connection I can’t explain now that I am allowing myself to love these babies.” Jailynn shook her head in agreement because she felt that way about her children. She looked at Jarred who now held Hope and was warmed from the inside out watching him interact with his daughter.

“ Listen you have our support 100 percent and we will testify on your behalf. Just tell us what you need us to do.” Jarred told his brother. “ I know we can count on you but you need to focus on your recovery and my beautiful niece and nephew.” We have a great legal team on this and according to them Vanessa won’t have any legal rights once we get the DNA results. “ Besides you guys have given us so much with your willingness to try and make our dream of be coming parents in the first place.” In the end we both were blessed. “ Saige kissed her baby boy. Then she let her husband continue with the last few details. It was a good thing he was almost done because the babies were starting to wake up.” This is great five babies and five set of hands to hold them,” Jackie said as Saige handed her baby Angie who was reminding her a Jailynn at this age. Jackie just couldn’t understand how these babies could be so similar and the connection she felt to Saige earlier.







End Notes:
Merry Christmas to the Chamber Family. I took a moment to update. Excuse the errors and feedback appreciated.
Chapter 33 The Wait is over by pokerdiva01
Author's Notes:
Like the title say the wait is over. I am trying to tie up some loose ends in the next chapters.
Chapter 33 The Wait is over..

Jeffrey, and Saige left the courtroom never looking in Vanessa Jenkins direction. It was finally over. The DNA test had come back a week ago confirming what Saige already knew in her heart the infants were Jeffrey’s and hers. Once inside their car Saige broke down. Jeffrey gave her a hug. “ Listen these are tears of joy,” she explained. “ We have our children created by our love.” her tears flowed harder. Jeffrey felt himself starting to break down knowing what it took for them to get to this point. He kissed her forehead and said “ Let’s go home.

Jarred and Jailynn had moved into the east wing of his brother’s house. While they were recovering from the accident. Jackie had moved into a guest bedroom because she was helping with the twins and triplets because Saige didn’t want to leave the children with anyone but family. They wanted to attend the court hearing for moral support but Jeffrey and Saige insisted they stay with the children and relax. Saige said she felt better knowing they were taking care of the babies while they went to court.

Jeffrey and Saige couldn’t get home fast enough to share their good news. The house was quiet when they entered. They went into the living room and no one was there. They put their jackets away and headed to the nursery. They found Jackie in there with the triplets. Angie and Candi were in their cribs sleeping and Jackie was feeding “ little Man”. “ “ Hi Jackie,” Saige said making her way over to the cribs to check on the sleeping infants. The tears started to flow and she couldn’t resist picking up Angie placing her soft check against hers. “ My sweet little angel you are mine,” the baby snuggled closer to her. Jeffrey stood back watching his wife savior in the fact that the babies were actual their biological children. His thoughts were broken by Jarred and Jailynn who entering the room with their babies.

“ So how did everything go.” Jarred ask. “ Its finally over its official Saige and I are the biological parents and we will receive the officially documents from the courts. Ms. Jenkins doesn’t have a case and our lawyers are going to make sure she never bothers us again. “ Amen ,” Jackie remarked as she burped “ Little Man.” Jailynn spoke next. “ I am glad its finally over and you finally have the family you have always wanted,” she felt her eyes tearing. “ Jeffrey walked over and hugged his future sister in law. “ Yes we all are blessed.” he said looking around the room. Saige motioned for him to take Angie because Candi had woken up and needed to be fed according to Jackie. They spent the rest of the afternoon enjoying each others company.

After lunch Jeffrey asked to see Jarred alone in his study. During lunch Jeffrey couldn’t stop thinking about his parents and the letter he had never given to his brother. He realized he needed to give it to his brother knowing he should have done it a long time ago. He had his reasons. The main reason being he wanted to protect his brother who had been hurt in the past by his parents. Jarred wasn’t sure why his brother wanted to see him alone but he would find out soon enough as he told Jailynn he would join her later. Jackie told him she would help with the twins. He went to find his brother in his study. Jeffrey was pacing when entered after knocking. “ Hey come on in Jarred.” he motioned for him to take a seat.

Jeffrey walked around and unlocked the draw of his desk pulling out the letter then he sat down. He rubbed his face before talking to his brother. “ Jarred today I learned how important family is and how I have the opportunity to give my children something we didn’t have which was unconditional love.” I thought our parents loved me but there was always a condition attached to it and I didn’t realize it until it was to late.” You rebelled at an early age refused to be subject to their antics.” I know mom wanted to reach out to you but feared how dad would react.” I missed having you in my life and I hope you can forgive me for being jealous because I wasn’t strong enough to leave like you were. “ he shared. He stopped picking up the letter handing it to his brother.

“ What is this?” Jarred asked taking the letter from him. Jeffrey explained it was a letter given to him by the lawyer at the will reading he didn’t attend after his parents death. “ We never did exchange contact information when you came for the funeral . “ I apologize for not giving it to you when we reconnected. “ I wanted to protect you . “ Then I wasn’t sure if it could result in you leaving again before we discussed the surrogacy. Jarred felt over whelmed at the moment. Here in his hand was a letter from his estranged parents. His brother sat in front of him struggling to explain why he hadn’t given him the letter. He took a moment before speaking. He knew his brother wasn’t malicious and he heard the sincerity in his voice. “ Jeff listen I appreciate you explaining yourself and I m glad you able to finally give me this letter.” It may even give me answers and closure I have secretly wanted.” he told his brother. Jeffrey had gotten up to come around and hug his brother. The response his brother had given him wasn’t what he had expected. “ I love you and I wouldn’t have love or a family if it weren’t for you Jeffrey. “ There is nothing in this letter that can change what I have gained from reconnecting with you.” I truly believe everything happens for a reason.” Jarred told his brother as they continued to hug.

Jeffrey left his brother in his study to give him privacy. Jarred told his brother he wanted to read the letter in private. Jeffrey understood and left. Jarred took a seat on the couch in his brother study and opened the letter and began to read.

Dear Jarred,

If you are reading this letter it means your mother and I never had the opportunity to reconcile with you before our deaths. I regret being estranged from you. And you deserved to be loved by your parents. I was a coward and let my pride keep me from reconnecting with you. Your mother wanted to call you on a number of occasion but I refused afraid of being rejected by you. Who could blame you if you did .

I decided to make sure you or your children would never want from anything. You share of our estate is in a trust for you. I don’t want you to think we our trying to buy your love because we are already dead. However when you have financial stability you are able to spend time with your children and give them opportunities to be successes in life .

Your mother and I are proud of you we have a scrap book of your successes. It is in a safety deposit box. We even saw you graduate from college and we traveled overseas to see your work. It was in the last two years of our life that we were able to love you from a distance.

Jarred we love you and hope you have a family someday and don’t make the mistakes that we did. It is also our hope that you will reconcile with your brother. We hope this letters finds you in good health and hopefully you have found the love of your life.

Please accept our apologize and I hope you are able to forgive and hopefully your heart is open to love.

Love

Mom and Dad



Jarred felt the tears rolling down his cheeks. His parents loved him. He felt bad they hadn’t been give the opportunity to reconcile in person. He wiped the tears away. His heart felt heavy. He never hated his parents and he had wished for a reconciliation over the years but he had to admit his pride got in the way too. He was happy that some of their wishes for his future came true. He had reconnected with his brother. He was marrying the love of his life and he was a father who planned to learn from his parents mistakes. He planned to love his children unconditionally. Jarred composed himself and then went to find Jailynn to share his letter with her.

He saw his brother in the hallway and hugged him reassuring him everything was going to be fine.

End Notes:
I want to say thank you to my chamber family as you have supported me as i attempt to finish this story. You have all been great to me. Thanks for be so kind to me and thanks for the encouraging words. This was my first story and because of you I continue to write it. I love the chamber family and authors.
Chapter 34 You Complete Me by pokerdiva01
Author's Notes:
Hi everyone sorry its been a minute since I updated. I hope you like the update. I lost my muse but my fellow writers have helped me find my muse.
Chapter 34 You Complete Me


1 Year later


Jailynn sat in front of her vanity combing her hair. It was their wedding day. She would finally marry her soul mate and the father of her children. Jailynn looked at herself and thought about the past year between the death of her father and her near death experience they deserved to be happy and looked forward to sharing it with their family and friends. Jailynn went out on the balcony of the bridal suite and looked to the heavans,” Daddy I know you are here in my heart but I feel you all around me.“ The sun was shining and she felt the warmth hugging her. Her thoughts were broken by a knock on the door. “ Hold on,” she said.

Jailynn opened the door, “ Surprise,” her bridal party yelled. It was Jessica and Saige they rolled their cart of goodies inside. She shut the door and went to join them in the sitting area of the suite. “ We bring gifts and food,” Jessica told her. Saige was busy pouring them drinks in the champagne flukes. They formed a circle,” I would like to take this opportunity to toast a woman who was willing to sacrifice a year of her life to make a life long dream of being a mother for me come true but in the process I gained a life long friend.” I love you like sister. Cheers”, Saige shared.

Then Jessica went next. “ Jailynn you are my best friend. We have seen the good and bad in each other but at the end of the day it always worked itself out.” You helped me realize I didn’t have to settle and now I have found my prince charming.” I don’t know a person more deserving of a happy ending.” I love you too.” Cheers. They toasted each other and then began opening the gifts. There was another knock at the door it was her mother Jackie. Jailynn pulled her mother into a bear hug needing one after her special moment with her bridesmaids. Her mother stood back looking at her daughter,” You’re getting married today,” Jailynn stood back shaking her head excitedly. “ Well there’s still a lot to be done.” Jackie reminded them.

Saige and Jessica left leaving Jailynn alone with her mom. “ What’s the matter? “Jackie asked. “ I miss daddy especially today. I know you are going to walk me down the and I am excited for that but I wish he was here.”
Jackie lifted her chin.” Listen you father is here and touched her own heart and he is in yours too. “ I know as sure as I m your mother he will be at that alter watching over you. “ Remember how he told you it wasn’t your time and he was watching over you and you came back to us.” because you were suppose to raise those babies and marry that wonderful man.” This was meant to be baby.” her mother told her wiping away the tears. Jackie reached into her pocket and pulled out a blue box. Jailynn opened it and pulled out a hearted shaped locket and opened it. It was her daddy and her. It was a picture from her first communion. Her daddy told her how beautiful she was and she would always be his angel that day. She thanked her mom and placed it with her other jewelry she would wear. Listen get dressed we will check on the babies and then we have to get your hair and make up done.

Jarred was sitting in the temporary nursery set up for the babies. He held both his children. They were already walking and trying to talk. He loved when they said dada or mama because he was sure those were words he would never hear in his life time. He never saw himself as a parent after his difficult childhood but Jailynn had changed all that for him. “ I am the luckiest man in the world.” he kissed the tops of their heads. The babies began squirming and giggling. “ Ok little ones its time for your baths and a nap before the wedding two nannies appeared. The women worked part-time for the family when Jarred worked or Jailynn had school. “ Thank you Shannon and Morgan,” Jarred put them down and they totted over to them.” Hopefully they’ll do that later down the aisle. “ Well you better get a move on Mr. Steel and he looked at the time they were right.

Jarred made his way back to his suite were he found his brother waiting for him. “ How are you holding up? Jeffrey asked him. “ I’m good and the kids are fine and getting a bath and nap. “ Jarred I am really happy for you and I am glad we reconnected and have an opportunity to do things different then our parents.” Am I crazy for wishing they could be here ?, Jarred asked his brother. “ No weddings are a time of celebration for families and friends. “ I am sure Jailynn is thinking of her dad and wishing he was here to walk her down the aisle. “ Yeah I love Hope and pray I get that opportunity to walk her down the aisle,“ Jarred told Jeffrey. “ Well I have double duty with Angie and Candi.” Jeffrey reminded him. They both laughed. Then headed out to get hair cuts and check in with the wedding planner.


Later that afternoon…

St. Thomas was beautiful at this time of the year which allowed them to have the wedding outside. They had rented out private mansion which was located on a private island. They had flown in their families and friends for the weekend. The wedding planner was pleased because the groom wanted to give his bride a fairy tale wedding and cost wasn’t an issue. Jarred found Victoria on the beach going over the final details with the minister.” Hi Victoria I just wanted to tell you what a wonderful job you have done. “ You have exceeded my expectations.” Jarred told her. “ Victoria thank him and told him the last details before he departed.

Jailynn and Jackie stood in the bridal room waiting for the signal. “ You look beautiful and I love you.” her mother told her again squeezing her hand. They heard the music begin. Saige was the first to walk down the aisle she wore a pink strapless form fitting dress. Her hair was partial up and down with a flower in it. Jeffrey starred at his wife walking down the aisle falling in love with her all over again. Jessica was next wearing the same color pink but her dress had a sweetheart neck line and her boyfriend Richard winked at her as she made her way down the aisle mouthing I love you to her. She wore her hair in a bun with a few wisp of hair curled to the side.

Next came the groom accompanied by his daughter and son. Hope was in a miniature white wedding dress and a floral crown with a small basket. Then James had a matching tuxedo like his dad and he carried the ring pillow. No one knew the kids were part of the wedding and find it so enduring with lots of whispering of how adorable the children looked. Jarred looking handsome but his children stole the show. Once they were in place the minister asked everyone to rise. Then the music began for the bride to walk down the aisle.

Jackie and Jailynn rounded the corner and that was the first time Jarred and Jailynn had seen each other since the rehearsal dinner. It seemed as if time stopped as Jailynn and Jarred’s eyes connected. Jarred knew how beautiful she was but to see her heading towards him his breath was taken a way. She was absolute gorgeous from head to toe. Jailynn looked like a Princess. She had designed the dress. It was strapless form fitting with a flare at the bottom. Her veil was long fitted with a tiara and it had a pearl edging with resembled the same patterning of the dress. Her hair was up and it cascaded around her face with ringlets. She wore the diamond earrings and bracelets that Jarred had given her as a special gift. And she wore the locket her mother gave her. Jarred felt his eyes tear up she was going to be his wife. Jailynn say the emotion on his face and smiled hoping it conveyed to him how much she wanted to be his wife and how much she loved being the mother of his children that stood by his side. It was when she took that moment to look at her children she felt her tears. They looked adorable dressed as a mini bride and groom. They stood smiling at her with big grins on their faces. Jackie couldn’t have been any prouder walking her daughter down the aisle. She knew the man in front of her would love and cherish her baby girl forever. Once at the alter the minister had everyone be seated. Jarred and Jailynn wanted to personalize their wedding by writing their own vows.

Jailynn went first.” Jarred growing as a little girl my hero was my daddy. He reassured me I was his little princess and I deserved a prince and I shouldn’t never settle for anything less. I kissed a few frogs and stopped looking but my daddy told me don’t lose faith because there is a prince out there for me. “ I decided to focus on my education and I would do things on my own terms.” It was because I was determined to succeed that I answered an ad in newspaper that brought my wonder in laws Saige and Jeffrey into my life which brought you into my life.” We were brought together by the need to give a gift of life and instead we were given a life time of love to be shared by us and our beautiful children James and Hope. I am proud to say my daddy was right you are my prince and I love you with everything I am. I want to be you wife, lover, friend.” I love being the mother of your children”. I know we will have ups and downs but I promise through the good times and bad to love you everyday and until the day I die because you Complete Me.” With this ring I thee wed and she placed it on his finger.

Jarred got down on one knee, “ I never got the chance to ask you dad for you hand in marriage but your mother gave her blessing for the both of them.” Today I want to pledge before your mother, our children, family and friends and your father who I know is with us today that you are my princess the love of my life and I want to be your hero and protector.” I never thought I would love anyone like I love you. I grew up feeling like I didn’t deserved to be loved.” I never saw myself with a family and I didn’t expect the reconciliation with my brother would bring the gift of love that I have been given with you and our beautiful children Hope and James. “ You are my sunshine when the sky is gray.” You don’t judge me and you encourage me with the children when I struggle with not always knowing what to do.” I thought my life was over when we had our accident but you found your way back to me.” I will love you with all that I am. I want to be your husband, lover, father to our children and your best friend.” I agree we will have ups and downs.” We will agree and sometimes disagree but I promise to love and respect you and I want to talk out our difference.” You are my heart and as you already said you Complete Me.” with this ring I thee wed. Jarred placed the ring on her finger and stood up. There wasn’t a dry eye in the place. The minister spoke a few words and declared them husband and wife. “ You may kiss your bride.” he told them.

Once they finished kissing the minister told everyone to remain seated. The wedding planner and a few helpers came down the aisle with white balloons for everyone to take. Jarred explained what they were for it was a surprise for Jailynn. “ My wife lost her father last year and I lost my parents a few years ago.” In remembrance of them I would like everyone to take a balloon and follow us down the beach were we will release the white balloons and these white doves.” Jailynn turned and pulled her husband into a passionate kiss. “ You have to be the most thoughtful man I know.” she told him. The people found themselves crying again because of the tribute to their parents.

Jarred and Jailynn treated their families and friends to an amazing wedding reception filled with food and dancing into the early morning. Jailynn stood in the middle of the dance floor under the full moon. “ I will never forget this day for the rest of my life,” she told her husband.” Neither will I and we will have the video to remind us.” Jarred told her as he dipped her before pulling her into a kiss. “ Yes you complete me,” they both said at the same time. “ Let’s get out of here,,” he whispered in her ear. Jailynn giggled looking forward to getting their honeymoon started. They ended the night with a group dance of “ We are family,” and told their family and friends about the brunch they had planned before heading out for their honeymoon to Fuji tomorrow evening.






End Notes:
i working on my last chapter which is about the Saige and  jackie. Sorry for any errors and thanks for sticking with the story.
This story archived at http://https://www.valentchamber.com/vault/viewstory.php?sid=230