All In The Family by Redbird
Summary:

Mob boss Martha Nichols runs Manhattan and Mob boss Travis Wall runs South Side Chicago.  When Travis decides that he wants to take over Manhattan a battle of the will soon ensues before the two even meet in person.  Once the two Dons finally meet in person the battle soon turns from protecting their territories to protecting their hearts.  Which Don will claim victory?

 

Disclaimer:  All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Categories: Primetime Television Characters: None
Classification: Alternate Universe
Genre: Drama, Romance
Story Status: None
Pairings: None
Warnings: Adult Situations, Graphic Violence, Strong Sexual Content
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 18833 Read: 2784 Published: 30/10/08 Updated: 21/05/09
Story Notes:

Okay...I don't see any So You Think You Can Dance stories over here, so hopefully you all will enjoy my stories...  I usually write either Martha Nichols and Travis Wall (Marvis) or Donyelle Jones and Benji Schwimmer (Benjelle)  I usually only write Season 2 of SYTYCD (the best season ever)...

1. Chapter 1 by Redbird

2. Chapter 2 by Redbird

3. Chapter 3 by Redbird

4. Chapter 4 by Redbird

5. Chapter 5 by Redbird

6. Chapter 6 by Redbird

7. Chapter 7 by Redbird

Chapter 1 by Redbird
 

 

 

"So Nigel, explain to me why you shorted me 20% of my cut of the profits from So You Think You Can Dance," Martha Nichols said in an amused voice as she leaned back in her chair crossing her legs.

 

"Well you see Ms. Nichols, the tour did not do as well as we had hoped," Nigel began hoping the fear did not show in his voice.

 

"Nigel, Nigel, Nigel, let me stop you from lying right now," Martha said shaking her head, "Wouldn't you think that a woman in my position would have someone on my payroll that is on your staff?  Come on Nigel, when we started doing business together, I told you to one, never play me for a fool, and two, never ever underestimate me," Martha said coldly as she leaned against the table.

 

"Martha, I am sorry, you are right, I will make sure to have my accountant transfer the rest of the money over right away," Nigel said nervously.

 

"Nigel, sweetie, it is not that easy.  I have no patience for disobedience, and will not tolerate you growing a brain all of a sudden and thinking you could short me out of my money," Martha said coolly.

 

"Oh puhleeze you will get your stupid money," Mary Murphy-Lythgoe said rolling her eyes.  She couldn't believe Nigel made her come to this stupid meeting.  She had better things to do with her time.

 

Nigel became more anxious as he saw the smile disappear from Martha's face.  "Ms. Nichols, please forgive Mary, she is new to this and does not understand how things work," Nigel pleaded.

 

"I can speak for myself Nigel," Mary said angrily, "I don't understand why you are pleading with this two bit wanna be gansta anyway," Mary finished rolling her eyes at Martha.

 

"I'm sorry you feel that way Mary," Martha said coldly before she caught her enforcer Sabra Johnson's eye. 

 

"Ms. Nichols please, I will make sure to get you your money as soon as possible," Nigel said not missing the look that passed between Martha and Sabra.

 

Martha ignored Nigel's pleas and nodded her head at Sabra.  With one smooth motion, Sabra reached behind her back into the waistband of her cream and black pinstriped pants and pulled out a gun and shot Mary right between the eyes.  Mary's face looked stunned as she collapsed onto the table.

 

Martha was unfazed as Nigel began to cry hysterically over the death of his wife Mary.  They had only been married five years. "Let's cut to the chase Nigel.  You have 24 hours to get me the rest of my money or you will deal with my girl here," Martha said nodding her head to Sabra, "And let's just say she is not going to be as merciful as she was to Mary.  And to show that I am not totally heartless, I am only going to charge you 150% interest for taking the extra time to get me my money," Martha said smiling evilly as she leaned back in her chair. 

 

"150% where am I supposed to come up with that kind of money?" Nigel asked in between sobs.

 

"Sabra, can you help Nigel clean out his ears, apparently he has a hard time understanding me," Martha said turning to Sabra.

 

"No problem boss," Sabra said with a smile on her face as she walked over and pistol whipped Nigel with her gun.

 

Martha stood up and walked over to Nigel grabbing him in his hair and yanking his head back before she put a 9 inch blade to his throat "So, I will have my money tomorrow evening correct?" Martha said pushing the knife into Nigel's flesh enough to draw blood.

 

"Yes Ms. Nichols, you will have your money," Nigel's said between gritted teeth as the pain ricocheted through his body.

 

"Glad we understand each other," Martha said slapping his on the side of the head, "Now take your whore and get out," she said coldly as she departed from the room.  Sabra hit Nigel behind the head with the gun one last time as she followed Martha out of the room.

 

"Sabra, get Renee on the phone and tell her to make sure she has a report to me by 9:00 a.m. letting me know how much money I can expect tomorrow afternoon," Martha said coolly as she walked down the hall towards her office.

 

"Yes Ms. Nichols," Sabra answered.

 

"Also find out where the hell Donyelle is," Martha said angrily as she entered her office.

 

"Will do."

 

**~**

 

"What time is it?" Donyelle asked trying to force her eyes open.

 

"It is 2:00 a.m." Benji replied placing a soft kiss on her bare shoulder.

 

"Damn, damn, damn, I am in trouble.  I was supposed to report in to my boss by midnight," Donyelle said leaping from the bed as she searched for her clothes.  She hopped into her pants, shoving her thong into the pocket before she grabbed her bra from under the bed putting it on quickly and fastening it in the back.  She then stepped into her pumps as she fastened up her shirt.

 

"Will I see you again the same time next week?" Benji asked sitting up in the bed.

 

"Of course baby, but we have to be careful, the next time I need to be out of here before midnight," Donyelle said tucking her gun into the small of her back as she put her blazer on. 

 

"Okay Cinderella, do I get one more kiss before you go?" Benji asked smiling. 

 

"Of course," Donyelle said leaning in to kiss him.  As he tried to deepen the kiss she pulled away from him, "Oh no you don't, I am already late," Donyelle said firmly as she backed away from him.

 

"You are already late, what is another hour?" Benji asked.

 

"Uh huh, what is your boss like when you are late?" Donyelle asked knowingly.

 

"You are right.  Alright Angel, I will see you next week.  Where the white teddy next week, I like the way it brings out your green eyes," Benji said leaning back against the headboard.

 

"Will do, until next week," Donyelle said kissing Benji one more time before she rushed out of the hotel suite.

 

**~**

 

"Where in the hell have you been?" Martha barked as Donyelle came scurrying into Martha's private chambers.

 

"Sorry, I had something to take care of," Donyelle apologized as she entered the room.

 

"Umhmm," Martha said coolly, "Was he good?" she asked crossing her arms in front of her.

 

"Of course he was.  I wouldn't risk your wrath for someone who was not able to take care of all Ms. Doneylle's needs okay?" Donyelle said laughing.

 

"You are wrong for that, I have to deal with Nigel's trifling whinny ass, and you are getting some from your flavor of the week," Martha said miffed as she leaned back in her leather chair behind her large mahogany desk in her private office.

 

"Forget Lythgoe, we have bigger things to concern ourselves with," Donyelle said sitting on the corner of Martha's desk.

 

"What's up?" Martha said sitting up in her chair becoming all business.

 

"Rumor has it a new family is moving into New York," Donyelle answered.

 

"Where are they from?" Martha asked coolly.

 

"They are coming from Chicago.  They ran all of Southside Chicago, and the Don there has decided to expand his operations to Manhattan," Donyelle replied.

 

"Damn, okay what's the name of the family?" Martha sighed of course they were coming for her territory.

 

"The Wall family," Donyelle answered.  She hated to bring this news to Martha, but she knew they needed to get ready for an attack from the Wall's.

 

"How long have they been in town?" Martha asked thoughtfully.

 

"They arrived a few weeks ago, they have been getting themselves together to make their presence known, so we need to be on guard and prepared," Donyelle said firmly.

 

"You're right," Martha answered picking up her cell phone, "Sabra, get Renee, Dia, Ilana, Paulette, and Vanessa and tell them I expect them to find out everything they know about the Wall Famiglia and be in my office within the next hour."

 

"Got you Ms. Nichols," Sabra replied.

 

**~**

 

On the other side of town...

 

Travis Wall looked around the table at his inner circle disgustedly.

 

"What in the hell do you mean you have no information?  Please tell me what the hell I pay you all for then?" Travis roared, causing everyone at the table to cringe.

 

"Boss, we have been trying to find out more information about the Nicholiano family but all of our leads have turned up nothing," Ivan said meekly not daring to look Travis in the face.

 

"Maybe that is because you have been too distracted lately Ivan," Travis said coldly.  "Maybe if I took Jamie off your hands for a minute you will remember who you work for and what your responsibilities are," Travis said smiling evilly.

 

"You leave Jamie alone," Ivan said jumping up from his chair angrily.  Jamie was his fiancée and they were hoping to get married within the year.

 

"Or you'll what?" Travis said, coldly pulling a gun on Ivan.  "You'll what Ivo?  I'm sorry I can't hear you?" Travis taunted holding the gun to Ivan's head.  "That is what I thought you were going to say," Travis replied sliding his gun back into his holster.  "That is the problem with you all; you have forgotten who the boss is around here.  All I know is someone had better have some information on the Nicholiano family on my desk with in the next 24 hours or you will all suffer severe consequences.  Do I make myself understood?" Travis said coldly glaring around the room.  Once he had heard the echoes of "yes boss" come from everyone at the table, he stormed out of the boardroom slamming the door behind him.  If there was one thing he had absolutely no tolerance for it was incompetence.  He was on his way down the hall when he ran into his brother and underboss Danny.

 

"Good news Travis," Danny said smiling.

 

"About damn time.  What is it?" Travis asked heading into his private office where he poured himself a glass of bourbon.

 

"Our contact Miss Sherrie finally got in touch with us.  She said she may have some information for you regarding the Nicholiano family, but it is going to cost you," Danny said hesitantly.

 

"The usual?" Travis asked staring out the window of his penthouse suite.

 

"Yes, she needs you to send her husband out on another mission.  He is driving her nuts and she said she needs a break.  She also sent over her cut from this week's sales; her bordello is doing amazingly well," Danny said smiling.

 

"Finally something I can handle.  Okay send her husband on a mission to France.  That should keep him occupied for a few weeks.  Let me know the minute she is ready to talk about the Nicholiano family," Travis said coolly.

 

"Anything else boss?" Danny asked making notes.

 

"Yeah, I need a little something to relax me.  Send in Allison and tell her to be naked by the time she gets here.  I am not in the mood for foreplay," Travis said absently, "Oh and Danny, check on Ivan, if he is not doing anything towards finding out information on the Nicholiano family send Jamie in here as well with the same instructions," Travis said smiling evilly.

 

"Will do," Danny said smiling as he headed out of Travis' private chambers.

Chapter 2 by Redbird
Author's Notes:

Thank you so much for the comments!  I am glad that you all are enjoying the story!  Don't worry, being familiar with the show is not integral to the story!  I pretty much just borrowed their names for the story!  :) 

 Once I fiugre out how to post pictures, I will post the pics of the main characters so you can put a face to a name!

Thanks again for reading! 

 

 

Chapter 2

An hour later Martha walked into her formal boardroom with Donyelle and Sabra on either side of her.  The boardroom was large and opulent, with luxurious black leather chairs surrounding the thick mahogany boardroom table.  Seated around the table was her information team.  Paulette Daniels was a District Court Judge.  She had been working for Martha for the last 4 years, Vanessa Anderson worked for one of the top News Station in New York, she was one of the most powerful and respected investigative reporters both nationally and internationally, and was the newest member of Martha's group having just met her two years ago.  Renee Scott was an Independent Consultant that worked with some of the largest Banks and Financial Institutions in New York.  She provided several services including Auditing and Research and did some light IT work.  She was Martha's accountant for her legal and illegal operations and had been working for Martha for the last 6 years.  Ilana Barrows was President of MJ First National Bank which was the legitimate business that Martha owned.  The bank had been started by her Grandfather on her mom's side who named the bank after his daughter Mary Jane. The bank was very successful and had branches all across the US and a very strong presence in Manhattan.  Ilana had worked for Martha 6 years.  Dia Matthews was a very wealthy socialite in New York who had connections all around the world, she had known Martha the longest at 8 years, and she had been Martha's very first informant once she started working for her grandfather nine years ago before taking over the family four short years ago.

"Ladies, glad to see you all here.  I need to know what you all know about a new family moving into this area," Martha remarked taking a seat, Donyelle and Sabra stood on either side of her chair.

"The Wall Famiglia has begun to make its presence known here in Manhattan, so we need to find out everything you all know about this family and what their intentions are here in Manhattan," Donyelle added.

"Ahhh the Wall familiglia is a notorious Irish family from Southside Chicago.  They are very formidable and often brutal in their attacks," Vanessa said leaning back in her chair.

"Who is the Don?" Martha asked.

"The Don is Travis Wall.  He took over the family from his dad about 5 years ago after his father was murdered.  Travis is very ruthless and has often killed people for not polishing his shoes the way he wants them polished," Paulette added.

"What business is he in?" Martha said thoughtfully.

"Entertainment mostly sports teams, but he has clubs, bars, and even has a few bordellos on his payroll," Renee remarked glancing through a folder she had prepared with information on Travis.

"Hmmm, any chance we can buy the mortgages, or loans on any of these properties?" Martha asked thoughtfully.

"No, he owns all of his properties outright, and had purchased the properties of those who are on his payroll, instead of paying the bank they now pay him," Ilana clarified.

"So he is smart as well," Martha said resting back in her chair.

"One thing about Travis Wall, he is by no stretch of the imagination stupid.  He is very sharp and cunning, so we will definitely need to be smart if we take him on," Renee added.

"I totally agree Renee, I already have a team looking into making sure he is on the legal up and up and to see if they can find out which judges and public officials he has on his payroll," Paulette said resting a well manicured hand against her chin.

"Excellent, keep digging, everyone has a weakness, we just need to find out what Travis' is," Martha said thoughtfully.

"Girl, that is easy.  If there is one thing Travis Wall loves, it is the ladies.  Honey, mark my words, it is by no accident that Bordello's are on his payroll.  Not only is he the owner honey, he is their best client!  He has ladies on his payroll whose only job is to make sure all of his needs are taken care of if you catch my drift," Dia said knowingly.

"Hmm...I will keep that in mind.  Renee, make sure all of our paperwork is on the up and up, Paulette check out the Gamming Commission's office and the FTC to see if by chance any of their paperwork is not in order.  V, definitely keep an ear open to see if you can keep us informed on any planned moves he wants to make.  Dia, please let me know if you hear anything else about The Wall Famiglia," Martha ordered.  "Ladies, I really appreciate your help and your support.  Renee, please make sure I have that report showing me how much money I am due from Lythgoe.  Paulette can I see you after the meeting?" Martha said dismissing everyone else.

After everyone else had left Martha turned to Paulette.  "Paulette, since you know so much about Travis' operations, do you know how his father died?"

"Yes Ms. Nichols, one of his dad's men turned state's evidence against him and he ended up serving a life sentence in a Federal prison.  He managed to make a secret deal with the Feds to turn evidence against some of the largest families in New York in exchange for his freedom and protection for him and his family.  Word some how got back to one of the families and they killed his dad before he even had a chance to utter a word.  Travis has made it his personal mission to take down the family responsible for his father's death.  He has been taking over smaller families in order to increase the size of the Wall Famigilia.  So my recommendation is that you need to be ready if he has set his site on the Nicholiano Famiglia, Travis is shrewd, dangerous, and is hell bent on revenge," Paulette said seriously.

**~**

"Okay Mr. Wall, I just need your signature on these last two documents and I will be on my way," Attorney Alisha Baxter said placing the two documents on his cherry wood desk.

"I'm sorry; I missed it, where do you want me to sign?" Travis asked hiding a smile.

"Right here," Alisha said tossing her long, light brown hair over her shoulder as she leaned over to point at the paper.

"I must need to get some glasses or something, I am still not seeing where you want me to sign," he said not looking at the paper.

"Maybe if you weren't staring down my blouse you could see where you need to sign," Alisha said in an amused tone of voice.

"Maybe if you would remember to leave a few buttons unfastened when you come to see me, I would be able to see down your blouse better," Travis returned lecherously.

"You are horrible," Alisha said laughing as she turned to lean against his desk.

"And you are sexy as hell," he said lightly running his hand along her leg.

"Thank you, so are you," she said flirtatiously as she sat on the corner of his desk.

"So, when is your next appointment?" Travis asked, his hand sliding up past her knee as he stood up and kissed her softly.

"You are in luck, I happen to be free this morning," Alisha said lacing her arms around his neck.

"So when are you going to come work for me exclusively?" he whispered in her ear before kissing her on her neck, "The pay is great, and there are extra perks," he said smiling devilishly as he kissed her again.

"Travis, we have been through this before, you know I do not want to dwell on the illegal side of your business.  I am here to make sure that your legal business runs smoothly," she said loosening his tie before she pulled it from around his neck.

"But, if you worked for me exclusively, I wouldn't have to wait until Thursdays to be with you," he said unfastening her blouse.

"Admit it, you would become bored with me if you had access to me every day," Alisha said teasingly as she pushed his shirt off his shoulders.

"I would never become bored with you Alisha," Travis said in his most charming tone of voice.

"Uh huh, I bet that is what you tell all the girls," she said knowingly.

"Would it help if I told you that you were my favorite girl?" he said flashing a smile at her as he stepped in between her legs pushing her skirt up a little higher.

"It would except I have known you forever and don't believe a word you are saying," Alisha said giggling.

"Hmm, I will figure out some way to make love to you more than once a week my sweet Alisha," he said pushing her shirt off her shoulders as he captured her lips again.

About this time Danny busted into Travis' office.

"Danny, what the hell, don't you know that I am not to be disturbed under any circumstances when I am with Alisha?" Travis roared as Alisha quickly pulled her shirt back on.

"I understand Travis, but this is important and couldn't wait," Danny said ignoring his brother's tirade.

Alisha hopped off the desk as she fastened her shirt and put her blazer back on, "Mr. Wall, let me know when you have had a chance to sign those documents.  I will be back next Thursday for them," she said winking at Travis as she headed for the door.  She nodded at Danny as she headed out of the office.

"This had better be damned important," Travis said angrily as he grabbed his shirt and put it back on.

"I just got off the phone with Fiona, she said that she is ready to talk to us about what she knows of the Nicholiano family, but she needs to meet with us today.  I have already contacted your pilot, they are gassing the jet and we should be ready to take off in an hour," Danny said holding out Travis' blazer for him.

"So you and Ivan couldn't go because?" Travis said irritably.

"Because, she refuses to talk unless you come see her personally," Danny smirked.

Travis glared at Danny as he stuck his arms in his blazer. 

"You're welcome," Danny said smiling as he held the door open for Travis.

They arrived at Tashiona's later that afternoon.  Travis' bodyguards Dominic Sandoval and Neil Haskell went in first to make sure things were safe before Danny brought Travis into the bordello.

Mistress Natasha was there to meet them at the door.  She was an elegant svelte woman with a friendly face, curly black hair and caramel colored skin.  She was flawlessly dressed in a form fitting black pants suit that showed off her gorgeous figure.  Even in her stiletto heels she was still a few inches shorter than Travis.  Sitting at her feet was her servant who was wearing a tight pair of leather black pants, his dark brown skin was smooth and flawless, he had Dredlocks to his waist and was very attractive and very well built.

"Travis hon, it is so good to see you," she said warmly as she extended her hand to him.

"Mistress Natasha, it is always a pleasure," Travis said taking her hand and kissing it,

"I see you brought your gorgeous brother with you.  Sweetie when are you going to give in and let Mistress Natasha take care of you?  I may be older honey, but that does not mean I cannot show these young girls a thing or two about taking care of a man's needs," she said flirtatiously to Danny.

"Mistress Natasha, I already know you are too much woman for me to handle," Danny said blushing furiously as he took her hand and kissed it.

"So Mistress Natasha, where is your business partner?" Travis said smoothly.  Normally he flat out refused to come and visit his employees in person, but Fiona and Mistress Natasha have taken care of him since the first time he was old enough to visit their bordello.  A few years after his father had passed and he had taken over the family business, Fiona and Natasha had come to him letting him know the police and local politicians were trying to shut down their business, he had taken care of their legal and political troubles and have made sure that the ladies stayed open and that they had a supply of customers.  He had at first refused when they had offered him a part of the profits of their business, but they had insisted on being treated like everyone else on his payroll.  But that did not prevent them from still taking care of him like he was their son.

"Nathaniel, please go find Fiona and tell her our guests have arrived," Natasha said softly. 

"Yes Mistress," he replied jumping to his feet and quickly leaving the room.

"Gentlemen, let me escort you to our private chambers," Mistress Natasha said sashaying down the elegant hallway.  Natasha and Fiona had converted an old historic mansion into one of the most popular and elegant bordellos in Chicago.  At Tashiona's they strived to meet everyone's sexual desires and to make everyone's fantasies come true, regardless of how innocent or how decadent, from the just curious to the daily regulars.  The bordello stayed busy and made a very nice profit.

Mistress Natasha led them into the meeting room that had a boardroom table with several comfortable chairs around the table.  Neil and Dominic stood guard on either side of the door, while Travis took a seat in one of the chairs with Danny standing next to his chair.

Soon the door opened with flourish and Fiona made her entrance into the room.  She was wearing a pair of horse riding trousers complete with chaps, a white shirt, complete with brown leather heeled boots.  She had her braided hair pulled up in a chic updo with a riding crop in her hand.  Smiling at everyone in the room she tucked the riding crop under her arm as she greeted Travis.

"I am so glad you could drop everything to come see me," Fiona said kissing him on his cheek before hugging him.

"You know if you call me Ms. Fiona I have to come," Travis said returning her hug, "I am sorry that we interrupted your horse back riding," Travis said waiting for Fiona to take her seat before he sat down.

"Horse back riding?" Fiona asked confused.

"Uhm yeah, I noticed the riding crop and the riding trousers and chaps," Travis said frowning himself.

As realization dawned on Fiona she broke out into laughter, "My dear Travis, I have been riding alright, but I promise you there was no horse involved.  Let's just say that I was in the middle of doing some interviewing and leave it at that," Fiona said winking at Travis.

Travis blushed and cleared his throat.  Fiona and Natasha never ceased to shock him with their antics, "Okay, I didn't want to keep you.  Danny said you had some information regarding the Nicholiano family."

"Aww yes, the Nicholiano family.  It was once one of the most notorious families in Manhattan.  The Don back then was Antonio Nicholiano.  He was one of the most shrewd mob bosses around.  While other Dons would kill to get their mission accomplished, Antonio would make the system work to take down other mob families.  They were not a violent bunch, Antonio would very rarely order a hit, most of the time he would take down other mobs by shutting down their business through paperwork they had not filed correctly, or by buying out the mortgage owned on businesses and shutting down the business.  Permits would mysteriously be pulled, or not granted.  They make their money in shrewd loan deals, many people lost their business by not reading the contract they signed with Antonio or if they could not pay back the money they borrowed at ridiculously high interest rates.  He proved to be one of the most frustrating families for the FBI and the CIA because they take care of everything by the letter of the law.  Their illegal operations are so cleverly interwoven between their legal operations it makes it very difficult to take them down," Fiona explained.

"What happened to the family?" Travis asked intrigued.

"The Nicholiano family had ties back to the mob families in Sicily, but Antonio brought huge disgrace unto the family when he married his black housekeeper.  You have to understand this was back in the late 40's and such things were not acceptable.  He eventually earned back the respect of the other families, he and Elaine had one son named Marcus Nicholiano," Natasha added resting her chin delicately on her hand.

"Ladies, we have done research on the Nicholiano family and have never been able to find out who took over the family after Antonio died," Travis said in frustration.  They were not telling him anything he did not already know.

"Sweetie, Antonio is not dead, after he retired from the mob he went into hiding.  No one has been able to figure out where he disappeared to," Fiona said shaking her head.

"So Marcus sent his dad into hiding to protect him," Travis offered thoughtfully.

"No darling, Marcus refused to have anything to do with the mob.  He settled down and got married to a beautiful bank heiress from New York.  Mary Jane's father owned one of the most successful Black owned banks in Manhattan.  He and his wife had one child, soon after their child was born, Marcus relocated the family to North Carolina with hopes they could live peaceably away from the mob," Fiona began.

"But as you well know, once you are in the mob, you don't get to decide you don't want to be a part of it.  Antonio was a very active part of his son's and his grandchild's life.  As Antonio got older the other families began to put pressure on Marcus to take his rightful position as the new Don for the Nicholiano family, when he refused the other families planted a bomb in his car, figuring if they took down the family they could just move in and take over their territories.  Unfortunately Marcus and his wife were leaving on a second honeymoon when their car exploded.  But the grandchild was visiting Antonio at the time and was not in the car when it exploded.  Antonio took over raising his grandchild and taught them everything he knew about being a mob boss and running the family," Natasha finished.

"So Antonio's grandson took over the family," Travis said becoming more intrigued by the story.

"Oh no honey, Antonio didn't have a grandson.  He taught his granddaughter everything he knew about the family," Fiona said knowingly, smiling at the shocked expression on Travis' face.

Chapter 3 by Redbird
Author's Notes:
Thank you so much for all of the comments!  I am still working on the pictures...but here is the next chapter!

Chapter 3

 

Travis pondered the information he had received on the flight back home.  A granddaughter?  The Nicholiano family was being run by a woman?  Travis smiled arrogantly; this should be a piece of cake to take over this family.  Maybe if she was cute, he would put her on staff, he was starting to get bored with Allison and Natalie whined and complained too much for his tastes Travis thought devilishly as he pondered the possibility of being with someone new.

 

**~**

A few days later while Travis was in his private chambers when his brother Danny knocked on the door and entered his office, "Travis, Deidra and I were able to put together the information you are looking for," Danny said beaming at his assistant Deidra Midwest.

 

"Great, can you stop staring at her for two minutes to tell me what you found?  What in the hell is wrong with you and Ivan?" Travis said irritably.

 

Danny blushed as he glanced at the paper before he looked at Travis.  He was regretting that he had let Travis know he had a crush on his assistant Deidra.  He was pretty sure she felt the same way he did, but he was afraid to approach her.

 

"Once Marcus married Mary Jane and she gave birth to their daughter Martha, he decided he no longer wanted to be a part of the mob, and moved the family to North Carolina changing his last name to Nichols," Danny said reading the report.

 

"Hmmm...Martha Nichols...where have I heard that name before?" Travis pondered out loud.

 

"Martha Nichols is the owner of MJ First National Bank.  She is also a huge philanthropist donating millions of dollars to different organizations around Manhattan," Deidra added.

 

"Is she cute?" Travis asked smiling lecherously.

 

"Travis, we need to focus," Danny said frowning.

 

"No one has seen her, she normally sends her PR agent Lila Whitfield to speak for her," Deidra added.

 

"Hmm...that may answer the is she cute question," Travis snorted, "Is she seeing anyone?"

 

"No, her grandfather kept a pretty tight reign on her.  Her grandfather is from the old school, and had been in the process of trying to arrange a marriage for her before her father was killed.  Even though he loved Mary Jane like she were his own, he was still very disappointed that his son Marcus had married Mary Jane on his own and was not taking any chances with Martha," Deidra replied knowingly.

 

"Get the hell out of here!  In this day and age, he is still trying to arrange a marriage?  So that means that she is pure and untouched," Travis said practically salivating at the thought of not only taking over her territory but taking her virginity from her as well.

 

"Travis, I don't think we need to underestimate her, she has spent her whole life learning the ins and outs of the Mafia," Danny warned.

 

"Danny, this is going to be the easiest and most rewarding takeover I have ever done.  I am looking forward to taking over Ms. Nicholiano's territories for the family, and taking Ms. Nicholiano for myself," Travis said smiling wickedly, "Great job you two, Danny you are dismissed, I want to have a chat with Deidra for a minute."

 

"Why do you need to talk to Deidra?" Danny asked coolly.

 

"If I wanted you to know what we were going to discuss I would let you stay.  OUT," Travis roared to his brother.

 

Danny glared at his brother before he exited out of his private chambers.  Deidra nervously adjusted the jacket to her pants suit as she wondered herself what Travis wanted.

 

"Don't look so nervous, I am not going to hurt you," Travis said smiling at Deidra, "I don't know if you know it or not, but my brother has a huge crush on you," Travis said leaning back in his chair.

 

"I was thinking he did, but I was not sure," Deidra said smiling nervously as she pushed her hair behind her ear.

 

"So, how do you feel about my brother?" Travis asked coolly.

 

Deidra cleared her throat nervously wishing she knew if this was a test or if he really wanted to know.  Summoning up all her courage she stood up straight and looked Travis directly in the eye, "I happen to like your brother as well.  Is that a problem?"

 

Travis surveyed Deidra for a minute before a huge smile broke out on his face, "I can see why he likes you.  And for the record, no, it is not a problem, I just wanted to make sure that my brother's heart was safe and that you weren't going to hurt him.  Okay, I guess it is okay for you two to see each other," Travis said after pausing for a moment.

 

‘He guess it's okay?' Deidra thought for a moment.   She could literally feel the anger rolling through her body and was about to tell him what she thought of him when she remembered his position.  Remembering that she really did like Danny she swallowed her anger and managed to reply tightly, "Thank you sir."

 

Travis watched in amusement as she checked her anger, "Oh yeah, you are going to be good for Danny," Travis chuckled, "Okay, you can go now and put him out of his misery, I am sure he is pacing the halls wondering if I am having my way with you in here," he said winking at her.

 

Deidra wasted no time in exiting the chambers and sure enough found Danny pacing up and down the hallway with his hands locked behind his back. 

 

"Hey," Deidra said quietly as she closed Travis' door behind her.

 

Danny breathed a sigh of relief as she saw her, "What did he do to you?" he asked taking her hands in his.

 

"Nothing, he just wanted to make sure I was not out to break your heart," Deidra said smiling at Danny.  Her heart skipped a beat as she saw the flush on his cheeks. ‘Could this man be any more adorable?'

 

"I am so sorry Deidra, you must hate me," Danny said looking down at the floor.

 

"No, I don't hate you at all, quite the opposite actually," Deidra said smiling at the shocked expression on his face.

 

"Good, cause I really like you as well," he said a huge smile breaking out on his face before he leaned down and softly kissed her on her lips.

 

Deidra had never felt anything as soft as his lips pressed against hers.  All too soon he lifted his head and smiled at her once again.

 

"Now, if you two are done, I need a number for Ms. Nichols, I am expecting to have it within the hour," Travis said from the doorway causing the new couple to jump apart.

 

"Right away sir," Deidra said to Travis, smiling at Danny before she sauntered down the hall back to her office.  Danny watched her walk the entire way back down the hall.

 

"You have it bad Bro," Travis said chuckling.

 

"You wait one day it is going to happen to you," Danny said rolling his eyes at his brother.

 

"There are entirely too many women out there for me to settle for just one," Travis scoffed.

 

"We'll see," Danny said before he headed back to his office.

 

**~**

 

Martha sighed as the gorgeous masseuse worked out the tension in her neck.  Armando was around six feet tall with silky black hair that he wore combed off his face; his gorgeous hazel eyes matched his olive skin perfectly.  The man was gorgeous in every sense of the word; and even had a gorgeous pair of dimples that made Martha's stomach flutter when he smiled at her.  He was very well built and was wearing only a pair of white linen pants.  She had promised her Grandfather she would not date and would remain a virgin until he found someone suitable for her to marry but that didn't stop her from having some of the most gorgeous men as servants who waited on her hand and foot.  The men all loved catering to Martha and they loved to flirt with her.  They knew nothing was going to come of the flirting, but it never stopped them from trying to capture the attention of the beautiful mob boss.

 

"Ah Senorita, you are very tense today," Armando said pouring more oil into his hands as he began to work out some of the knots in her neck.  He smiled as she closed her eyes and moaned under his touch.

 

"Ohhh Armando, your hands feel so wonderful," Martha said dreamily as she could feel the tension leaving her neck.  She and Donyelle and her staff had been working non stop trying to find out as much information as they could on the Wall family.  Even though she felt they had enough information to protect themselves, she and Donyelle had been discussing whether they should attack the Wall familglia first or if they should wait to see what they were going to do.  They had debated the pros and cons all day long and both were exhausted and had decided to call it a day.  Martha had immediately summoned Armando and she knew Donyelle went to see whoever she was sleeping with now days to see if he could help her relieve some tension.

 

**~**

 

"I am glad you called me Angel, I was disappointed we didn't get together last week," Benji said as he entered into the hotel room. 

 

"Yeah, yeah, yadda, yadda, I need you to shut up and get naked," Donyelle said sternly as she slid her jacket off her shoulders.  She was not in the mood for conversation; the only thing she wanted was for him to take her mind off things.

 

"Excuse me?' Benji said caught off guard.  Normally the two of them discussed what was going on in their lives before they made love.

 

"What part of shut up and get naked do you not understand?" Donyelle asked tossing her shirt in the corner before she walked over to Benji and pushed him down on the bed, "I am not in the mood for conversation, it has been a hellacious week and I need to work out some aggression," Donyelle said moodily as she pulled his shoes and socks off before she grabbed his belt buckle.

 

"Maybe a massage would help," Benji suggested not sure if he should be nervous or excited by her aggressive behavior.

 

"Maybe riding you until I collapse from exhaustion would help me better.  Now are you going to comply or do I have to go somewhere else?" Donyelle asked firmly.

 

"No ma'am," Benji said starting to get turned on by her dominance.  He quickly finished undressing all the time watching her as she got undressed, by the time she had finished undressing he was ready and willing and able to comply with her demands.  He simply laid back and enjoyed the benefits of her releasing her aggressions...

 

**~**

 

Armando was finishing up Martha's massage when her personal assistant LaVawn Reynolds walked into the room.

 

"I am sorry to disrupt Ms. Nichols, but Mr. Wall is on the line for you and is insistent that he speak with you," she said softly.

 

"Oh really, this should be entertaining," Martha said allowing Armando to help her off the massage table as she walked over to her desk.  Pushing the speaker button she tied her robe securely around her as she took a seat in her chair.

 

"This is Martha," she said crossing her legs.

 

"Well, Ms. Nichols, or should I say Ms. Nicholiano, it is a pleasure to finally speak to you over the phone," Travis said leaning back in his chair.

 

"To what do I owe the pleasure of this phone call Mr. Wall?" Martha said in a bored tone of voice.

 

"Since you are a lady, I wanted to give you a call to offer you the chance to turn over your territories.  I would really hate to take them from you by force," Travis said arrogantly.

 

"Well, isn't that kind of you?  Surely, you already know I am going to tell you to go to hell, but the really bad mob movie impersonation was a nice touch," Martha said smiling.

 

"Ouch, a bad impersonation, I will have you know I worked on that all afternoon," Travis said flirtatiously.

 

"Hmm, then my recommendation is that you don't quit your day job kid, acting is definitely not in your future," Martha said trying not to laugh.

 

"Come on Ms. Nichols, you are not equipped to play with the big boys, turn over Manhattan to me.  I really do not want to hurt anyone in your organization," Travis said lightly.

 

"Mr. Wall, bigger and better families than you have threatened to take over my territories and yet I still sit here owning them all, so I would say that I am fairly confident I can hold my own with the big boys," Martha said arrogantly.

 

"There is no better family than the Walls' and since you have never met me in person, how can you be sure they are bigger," he said lecherously.

 

"Bragging about the size of your penis? That's new.  I have usually found that those who do the most bragging usually have the least to brag about," Martha said amused by his antics.

 

"Ooh, you are not being kind to my ego today Ms. Nichols," Travis said undaunted by her comment.

 

"I am a very busy woman Mr. Wall, so if you are done with all of the sexual innuendos, I need to get back to work," Martha said coolly.

 

"Just wanted to give you fair warning Ms. Nicholiano that I am coming after your territories.  You do sound sexy as hell, so I do promise I won't kill you when I take over your territories, I will even make sure to hold a position for you with my organization," Travis said smiling.

 

"Thanks for the warning Mr. Wall, let's just say I won't be turning in my resume to you anytime soon," Martha replied.

 

"Trust me, if you are half as gorgeous as you sound on the phone, the position I have in mind for you won't require a resume," Travis said devilishly.

 

"But what would I do the other 23 hours and 50 minutes of the day?" Martha returned sweetly.

 

"Ten minutes?  You don't give me much credit do you Ms. Nichols?" Travis said starting to become irritated by her bashing his sexual prowess.

 

"I thought I was being generous, you sound like you are only a five minute man to me," Martha said knowing she was getting under his skin, "Now if you will excuse me Mr. Wall, you interrupted my full body massage, the body oil is cooling down and my body is missing the ministrations of my masseuse Armando, who by the way is an hour man.  Good day Mr. Wall," Martha said hanging up the phone.

 

Travis slammed the phone down on the other end of the line fully pissed off that she would question his ability to satisfy a woman.  Just who in the hell did she think she was?  He was going to enjoy every moment of taking down her organization and was going to make sure he proved to her that he could last a hell of a lot longer than five minutes once he had brought down her family.

 

"Danny," Travis roared over the intercom.

 

"Yes Travis," Danny sighed as he entered into his brother's office.

 

"Summon Melody and tell her to get her ass to my quarters immediately," Travis said angrily.

 

"What about Nick?" Danny asked referring to Melody's boyfriend and member of Travis' entourage.

 

"What about Nick?  I don't give a rat's ass about Nick, if he has a problem with it shoot him," Travis said coldly.

 

Yes boss," Danny said quickly closing the door.  Obviously the phone call with Martha did not go well.  He hoped Martha knew what she just opened herself up to.  An angry Travis was a dangerous Travis.

Chapter 4 by Redbird
Author's Notes:
Sorry for the delay...real life has been interfering with my writing...hope you all are enjoying the story!  I really do appreciate those of you who took the time to comment my story!  It helps me to make sure I am staying on track with the story!!

Chapter 4

 

“Ms. Jaye, we have a customer who is in need of your services in my office,” Kamilah Barrett said quietly into the phone so the two imposing men in her office couldn’t hear her.

 

“I will be right down,” Ilana Jaye said as she hung up her phone and headed out of her office.  She headed to the elevator and took the cart down to the third floor, smoothing down her skirt as she waited for the cart to come to a halt.  She made her way to Kamilah’s office a few moments later to find two huge imposing men with suits on and a rather large suitcase.  Her senses went on heightened alert as she walked into the office.

 

“Good afternoon, I am Ilana Jaye, how can I help you today?” she said shaking both men’s hands before she stood next to Kamilah’s desk.

 

“Good afternoon Ms. Jaye, my name is Max and this here is Terry, we wanted to open an account in your fine institution today, but as we were explaining to Ms. Barrett we are hoping to make a large cash deposit,” Max said opening the suitcase that was by his feet.  The suitcase was filled with 100 bills, “but we don’t want to fill out any unnecessary paperwork if you get my meaning,” Max said to Ilana.

 

Ilana never dropped the smile from her face as she looked at Max.  ‘Surely they didn’t think she was this stupid, this had setup written all over it...’  “Gentlemen, surely you understand that the Federal Reserve Bank requires that any cash deposit over $10,000 will require that we fill out paperwork.  I am sure Kamilah explained to you other alternatives for getting the cash into the bank, but I am afraid our hands are tied.  If there is anything else we can help you with please let us know.  You gentlemen have a nice day,” she said politely as she turned to leave.

 

“I am afraid you have misunderstood Ms. Jaye,” Terry said walking around the desk to put a gun to Kamilah’s head, “We were not asking permission to make a deposit, we are telling you that you will make a deposit,” he said menacingly.

 

Ilana rolled her eyes before she turned back to face the men.  Kamilah was trying to remain calm as Terry pushed the gun into her temple, “You know what, today has already been the day from hell, I am really not in the mood to deal with your crap as well,” she said coldly as she stared at the men.

 

“Look, we don’t want to hurt anyone Ms. Jaye, we just need you to make this deposit,” Max said grabbing Ilana around her neck as he pressed a gun to her head.

 

“I have told you that I am not going to make the deposit, so I need you and your friend over here to leave now,” Ilana said angrily.

 

“Look bitch, I am not playing with you, make the deposit now,” Max said tightening his grip around Ilana’s neck and pressing the gun deeper into her temple.

 

“No you didn’t?” Ilana said stomping on Max’s foot with her heel before she elbowed him in the stomach with her left arm, once he loosened his grip on her she reached under her skirt with her right hand and pulled out a knife that was strapped to her thigh.  She threw and hit Terry right between the eyes causing him to let Kamilah go who ran and ducked under her desk.  She then grabbed the gun from Max and shot him with it.

 

“Should I call Bruno to come get them Ms. Jaye?” Kamilah said pushing Terry out of the way so she could sit back down at her desk.

 

“Yes please do, I will go call Ms. Nichols and let her know what happened, and then I need to make an appointment with my manicurists, those bastards caused me to break a nail,” she huffed as she looked at her nails.

 

**~**

 

Travis backed away from his desk and stood up to stretch out the tight muscles in his back.  He had been reading over the reports on MJ First National Bank all morning without a break.  He had to agree with Fiona, Martha definitely ran a tight ship.  She ran everything by the letter of the law which made it very difficult to find a way to disrupt her business operations without calling too much attention to his own business dealings.   

 

He was staring out the window his mind running trying to come up with a course of action when Allison appeared in the room with a tray of tea.  She walked over to Travis and wrapped her arms around his waist.

 

“I was hoping you were taking a break,” she whispered in his ear.

 

“What do you want Allison?” Travis sighed as he turned to face her.

 

“I know you have been busy working on the Nicholiano case, I was hoping to help you lower your stress,” Allison cooed as she ran her fingernails over his chest.

 

Travis thought for a moment as he stared at her, he really needed to focus on a strategy for taking down Martha and her family.  He had been absolutely livid when he found out that in an attempt to get back at him for sleeping with Melody, Nick had approved the weak attack today against the bank without Travis’ approval in an attempt to humiliate him.  Travis was still trying to think of the proper punishment for Nick.  Now he knew that his next attack was going to have to be that much stronger to restore his reputation.

 

On the other hand he was stressed out, and what better way to relieve some stress?  “What did you have in mind?” he asked walking back over to sit down in his chair.  A smile broke out on his face when she came to kneel before him.  ‘Yep this is exactly what he needed to release some stress’ he thought to himself as she unzipped his pants.  He cursed when his desk phone began to ring.

 

“What!” he roared into the phone.

 

“Boss, I think you need to come to the main foyer immediately,” Danny replied.

 

“What is it Danny?  Why the hell can’t you and Ivan ever handle anything without me?” Travis said angrily.

 

“Let’s just say that just as we had expected, Nick’s plan blew up in our faces,” Danny answered.

 

Travis hung up the phone, zipped up his pants, and quickly headed to the foyer where Terry and Max’s bodies had been deposited on the front door step.

 

Everyone cringed as Travis began to curse up a blue streak as he stormed around the living room.

 

“Where the hell is Lazzarini?  When I catch up to him I will make his ass pay!  Speaking of money where the hell is the suitcase?” Travis asked.  Before he could start swearing again when no one answered him, his cell phone rang.

 

“What?” he yelled into the phone.

 

“Aww Travis, you sound like you are having a bad day.  I take it you found my surprise,” Martha said coyly.

 

Travis could literally feel the blood vessel throbbing in his neck.  This was so not what he needed right now.  Nick had successfully turned him into a laughing stock in the New York Mafia community, “How the hell did you get my number?” he ground out venomously.

 

“I am a woman of many resources and talents Wall.  Let me go on record in saying that I am most disappointed by your pathetic attempt today to strong arm my employees.  After all of the big talking you did the other day you had me thinking you could be a serious threat to me, but after the stunt you pulled today, I have decided I was right in my first assumption, you are all talk and no action,” Martha said dryly.

 

“You would be very wrong to underestimate me sweetheart,” Travis returned coldly.

 

“And you would be very wrong to think I am stupid sweetcheeks,” Martha returned.

 

“We shall see about that,” Travis said adrenaline pumping through his veins.  There was nothing he loved more than a challenge.

 

“Don’t let the skirt fool you, I can handle anything you dish out Wall,” Martha said enjoying herself as well.

 

“Ahhh so you have on a skirt, what color panties do you have on,” he said devilishly.

 

“Back to the sexual innuendos I see,” Martha sighed, “Rumor has it you have women on your payroll to handle your libido, are they as inept at doing their job as you are?” she asked snidely.

 

“They do what they are being paid to do, but I am always up to being with someone new, and you are avoiding my question,” he returned thinking of all the ways he was going to make Nick pay for causing him to lose face like this.

 

“Who says I have on any?” she returned enjoying the game as much as he was.

 

“Damn, do you?” he asked his mind on overload.

 

“Too bad you will never know,” Martha said giggling.

 

“As I said before, don’t underestimate me, it is my intention to not only take your territories, but to take you for myself,” Travis declared boldly.

 

“I can assure you if you bring the same weak game you brought today, I have absolutely nothing to worry about,” Martha retorted.

 

She paused as her assistant LaVawn brought in a note to her.  After reading the note Martha’s smile became bigger, “Aww Travis, I hate to be the bearer of more bad news, but you should be expecting another phone call any moment.  Please let Natasha and Fiona know that this is in payment for spreading my Grandfather’s business around …by the way, what size pants do you wear?”

 

“Why do you want to know?” Travis answered puzzled by the question.

 

“If you are half as sexy as you sound on the phone I may just add you to my payroll,” Martha said smugly, “Bye Travis, I do sincerely hope tomorrow is a better day for you,” Martha said sweetly before she hung up the phone.

 

Travis began to curse explicitly again as he hung up the phone, “Well what the hell are you all standing around here for?  Get rid of the bodies and do some damn research on the Nicholiano family so we can figure out how to take them down,” he roared as he marched back down to his office, “Danny, get Mistress Anita on the phone for me now!” he yelled slamming the door to his office.

 

Travis was livid when he finally talked to a tearful Natasha on the phone and found out that Martha had shut down Tashiona’s on a technicality.  A very obscure law on the record books that had not been enforced in years made it illegal for a person to indulge in sexual acts before 1:00 in the afternoon.  Since Tashiona’s was open round the clock Martha was able to get their business license pulled.  After assuring Natasha and Fiona that he would take care of things he began to rant and curse some more around his office.  Danny just sighed as he walked into his brother’s office knowing Travis’ temper was about to get worse.

 

“I think you need to see this,” Danny said turning on the plasma T.V. that resided in his office.

 

On the screen were Martha’s PR Agent L. Lady and Ilana Jaye, who were holding a press conference.

 

“Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen.  My name is Ilana Jaye and I am President of MJ First National Bank, I am joined here this afternoon by Lila Lady who is in charge of the Martha Nichols Foundation.  This morning an anonymous donor stopped by MJ First National Bank and blessed us with a ten million dollar cash donation with explicit instructions to have the money donated to the Martha Nichols Foundation for all of the excellent work they do in the community.  So Ms. Lady, it is with great pleasure that we at MJ First National Bank present to you this check for ten million dollars,” Ilana said smiling brightly for the cameras as she presented the check to L. Lady.

 

“Thank you so much Ms. Jaye.  As you know the Foundation does a lot of work in the community helping out those hardest hit by poverty.  This ten million dollar donation will go a long way in helping us stamp out poverty in this area,” Lila replied smiling brightly for the camera as well.

 

At about that time Travis’ cell phone chirped informing him he had a new text message:  I 4got to tell you TY for the donation to my foundation! XOXO Martha

 

Travis once again began to swear as he ranted around his office, “Who helped Nick pull of this stupid ass plan?”

 

“Todd Mathers,” Danny sighed knowing what was coming up.

 

“Bring his ass in here,” Travis said coldly.

 

Danny sighed and walked to his office where Deidra was waiting anxiously, “I saw the broadcast, how pissed off is he?” she said walking from behind her desk to wrap her arms around Danny.

 

“Where is Todd?” Danny said in response.

 

“Oh God,” Deidra said trying not to be sick.

 

A few minutes later Danny returned back to Travis’ office with a fearful Todd in tow.  Todd was a tall slender kid who had just graduated from Harvard.  He had blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes with model like features.  He had always been fascinated with the mob based on what he had seen on television, but T.V. did not prepare him for how violent and cut throat the real mafia was.  Danny and Travis had tried to tell him that he was not mob material when he had begun pestering them to join their family, now he wished he had listened to them.

 

As they walked into the office Travis had his back to the door staring out the window that overlooked the Manhattan skyline.  As he heard the door close he turned to face Todd and Danny.  “Todd my boy, come in here and have a seat,” Travis said calmly.

 

Danny stood off to the side knowing this was going to go badly.

 

“Now Todd, explain to me again this idea you had,” Travis said taking a seat in his chair.

 

“Well sir, since the Nicholiano family is infamous for their paperwork, my line of thinking was that we fight fire with fire,” Todd said clearing his throat as he noticed the smile on Travis’ face starting to slip, “So I was thinking if we coerced the bank into making the deposit without filing the proper paperwork we would have something to hold over their head,” Todd finished weakly.  An idea that sounded so brilliant a few days ago now sounded ridiculously childish and stupid right now.

 

“So Todd, if the Nicholiano family makes it’s money taking down other families using the law, wouldn’t you think they would take steps to make sure that all of their business affairs are in order and that they follow the law to the letter?  If they did not follow the law Todd, their family would have been destroyed a long time ago,” Travis said the anger beginning to show through his voice.

 

“I am sorry Mr. Wall, I was not thinking,” Todd said fearfully.

 

“Todd, this is not television, some stupid ass idea does not take down the opposing family in sixty minutes. Do you have any idea what your idiot idea cost me today?”  Travis said his voice becoming louder.

 

“No sir,” Todd said quietly.

 

“Not only did you cost me ten million dollars Todd, but you cost me respect which is more valuable and much harder to get back,” Travis said getting out of his seat, walking around to lean over Todd.

 

“I’m so sorry sir, please give me another chance,” Todd said trying not to cry.

 

“Shut the hell up,” Travis roared slapping Todd across the face.  Todd curled up in the chair in an attempt to protect himself, “Do you know how humiliating it was to listen to that bitch brag about how pathetic my attempt was on her today?  Do you Todd?  Do you know what it was like to have her laugh at me in my face?  You and your boy Nick launched a war today Todd?  Do you understand that?  A war we are not ready to fight yet!” Travis roared in Todd’s ear. 

 

“I am so sorry sir,” Todd said again openly sobbing now.

 

“Shut the hell up with all of that sniveling,” Travis said coldly slapping Todd again.  Travis straightened up adjusting his tie as he walked back around his desk and took a seat, “My only thought right now is in how I want to kill you.  I have been trying to decide if I wanted to do it mercifully by just shooting your ass right here, or if I wanted to make you suffer a little for all of the humiliation I had to endure today,” Travis said calmly as he leaned back in his seat and propped his feet on his desk.

 

“Sir, please don’t kill me, I promise I will do better,” Todd begged.

 

“Shhhhh,” Travis said holding a finger to his lips, “It is too late for begging Todd.  See you and Nick thought you could pull a fast one over on me, but you are both too stupid to think about the consequences of your actions.”

 

“Sir, I was not trying to go against you.  Please don’t kill me,” Todd replied.

 

“Shhhhhhh Todd, you were trying to make a name for yourself in my organization.  This is not Harvard Todd, this is not corporate America, I need people who are going to follow my instructions, not people who are going to try and think for themselves.  Face it Todd, you rolled the dice and you lost.  Now it is time to pay up,” Travis said pulling his gun from his holster and shooting Todd in the chest.

 

“Take him out of here, and get someone in here to clean up my carpet,” Travis said to Danny putting his gun back into his holster as he picked back up the report on MJ First National Bank.

 

“What about Lazzarini?” Danny asked.

 

“Let Nick stew in his fear for awhile, I will deal with him later,” Travis said smiling evilly as he turned his attention back to the report.

Chapter 5 by Redbird
Author's Notes:
Sorry it has taken me so long to update...hope you all are still enjoying the story!

Chapter 5

 

Miss Dia walked graciously around the ballroom in her elegant Hamptons Mansion smiling and speaking briefly to the guests in her home.  She was hosting the annual fundraising ball for the Martha Nichols Foundation, and this year was proving to be the most successful ball she had ever hosted. 

 

“You look absolutely ravishing Dia,” Maksim Chmerkovskiy said kissing her on her cheek.

 

“Thank you darling,” Dia said kissing him lightly on the lips.

 

They smiled at each other as he offered her his arm and escorted her around the room as she greeted and spoke to every one of her guests.  She and Maksim were on their way to get something from the buffet table when Dia stopped short.

 

“Baby, what’s wrong,” Maks said noticing that the beautiful smile that had once graced her face was now replaced by an angry frown.

 

“How the hell did he get in here?” she said icily.

 

“Who sweetheart?” Maks asked glancing around the ballroom.

 

“Travis Wall,” Dia said venomously.

 

“The Gangster?  Where?” Maks said looking around; until his gaze settled on Travis and an attractive redhead that were heading in their direction.

 

“Dia, I see you are looking gorgeous as usual,” Travis said taking her hand in his and placing a kiss against her fingers.  “You have an absolutely beautiful home.  I have heard about some of the parties you have thrown at your homes in Italy and Paris, but this is the first one I have had the pleasure of attending,” Travis said pleasantly.

 

“Thank you,” Dia said graciously before continuing, “I don’t seem to recall sending you an invitation to this party,” Dia said coolly trying to figure out what he was up to.

 

“I figured it had to have been lost in the mail, and since I did just make a ten million dollar donation to this organization, I thought I would drop in and see how my money was being spent.” Travis said dryly as he flashed a slow sexy smile.

 

“Ohhhh so you were the one who made the donation,” Dia said innocently, “As a member of the board let me say we truly appreciate your generosity.”

 

“So, will Ms. Nichols be attending this function?” Travis asked patiently ignoring her comment as he glanced around the room.  He was not in the mood to play games tonight.  He was on a mission to learn more about the mystery that was Martha Nichols.

 

“She prefers to stay out of the limelight.  Most heads of organizations such as Martha’s prefer to remain behind the scenes, you are the only one I know that likes to be out in the open,” Dia replied knowingly.

 

“I am always well protected,” Travis answered smiling at Dia, “If I had not conversed with Ms. Nichols, I would begin to think she doesn’t exist,” Travis said amusedly.

 

“Not to worry, she exists.  Unlike some she doesn’t need to be seen all over the place for her presence to be felt,” Dia said coolly.

 

“But where is the fun in that?” Travis returned, “Life confined to a mansion would be absolutely boring.”

 

“I’m confused Travis, does she know you are a mob boss or not?” Natalie said turning to Travis.

 

Travis closed his eyes and counted to ten, “Natalie darling, I thought we agreed you were not going to speak tonight.  Your job is to just look beautiful on my arm,” Travis said placing a finger against Natalie’s lips.  Alisha usually accompanied him to events like this, but she had to cancel on him at the last minute for work.  He had no choice but to bring Natalie with him to this event.  He knew the minute she would not stop babbling in the car that this was going to be a bad idea.  He should have gone with his first instinct and hired an escort for the evening.

 

“Oops sorry, I won’t say anything else,” Natalie said giggling.

 

Dia rolled her eyes and shook her head, “Travis honey, let’s cut to the chase, I heard about the incident that took place at the bank, you are in way over your head sweetie.  I suggest you save face now and just head on back to Chicago.”

 

“I will admit that I have had some set backs, but I assure you, nothing is going to derail me from my goal of capturing Ms. Nichols territories,” Travis countered smoothly making a mental note that he still needed to deal with Lazzarini for making him look like an ass in the Mob community.

 

“Suit yourself.  Don’t say I didn’t warn you,” Dia said shrugging her shoulders, “You can stay if you want, but remember this is a charity ball, I am trying to raise money here.  I do not want any drama to go down do you understand me?” Dia warned.

 

“Like I said, I came to get a better idea where my money is going, and to meet the elusive Ms. Nichols.  Any trouble that goes down will not start with me.  You have a nice evening Dia,” Travis said smiling at Dia before he and Natalie moved on.

 

**~**

 

Dia was once again making her rounds around her house, pleased by the results of her fundraiser.  She couldn’t wait for everyone to leave so she could call Martha and let her know how much money they had raised this year, and to let her know about the stunt Travis had pulled. 

 

She was walking some of her guests to the door thanking them for coming to her home when she decided to go in search of Maks.  She found him in the library fending off advances from Natalie.

 

“Natalie, I have told you that I am not interested in you.  Dia is the only woman for me.  Now, please take your hands off me,” Maks said coldly trying to push Natalie off of him.

 

“I know you want me Maks, I could see you checking me out earlier,” Natalie said pressing her body closer to his.  The two of them had both enjoyed a long conversation earlier that evening, where he had asked questions about where she was born and where she had grown up, how she ended up working for Travis and other trivial things.  Natalie had never had anyone spend that much time actually trying to get to know her.  It was nice to have someone talk to her and not try to get her out of her clothes.

 

“I think you have mistaken my kindness for something else,” he sighed.  ‘This is what happens when you try to be nice to someone,’ he thought to himself.  He had felt bad for Natalie after the way Travis had treated her and had engaged her in conversation.  Had he known he would have to fight her off later, he would have never left Dia’s side.

 

Before Natalie could respond Dia made her presence known, “Shouldn’t you be with your pimp?” Dia said coldly.

 

“Travis is not my pimp,” Natalie said indignantly.

 

“Oh I am sorry, so what is your job description?” Dia said with fake sincerity.

 

“I am one of Travis’ escorts,” Natalie said folding her arms across her ample bosom.

 

“Uhmm…so I repeat, does your pimp know where you are?” Dia replied.

 

“Don’t call me a hooker, cause I am not one,” Natalie said becoming angry.

 

“Hooker, escort, it all boils down to the same thing, you get paid to screw your boss,” Dia said nastily.

 

“How dare you,” Natalie said throwing her drink in Dia’s face.  “I am not afraid of you.  Travis almost has his plan in place to take over Ms. Nicholiano’s territories and then you will work for him, meaning you will have to answer to me,” Natalie said smugly.

 

“Oh…no you didn’t,” Dia said taking in her ruined dress.

 

“Dia, sweetheart, noo,” Maks replied trying to get to Dia, but it was too late, Dia grabbed Natalie’s arm and bent it behind her back before she slammed Natalie face down on the cherry wood desk.

 

“Let me explain something to you whore, as long as you are breathing, do not ever put your hands on my man, and do not ever talk to me the way you just did.  Do I make myself clear?” Dia said through gritted teeth in Natalie’s ear…

 

Travis was talking to some of the other guests about mundane things when he noticed Ivan trying to get his attention. 

 

“It has been nice talking with you, if you will excuse me,” Travis said politely as he headed over to the corner, “What the hell do you want?”

 

“You need to go get your date.  She has tried to proposition Dia’s fiancée and threw some water in Dia’s face.  Not to mention she is talking too much about your plans for the Nicholiano family,” Ivan said urgently.

 

Travis swore as he stomped off to the library where Dia still had Natalie slammed on the desk.

 

“Let me go you bitch, I will make sure Travis makes you pay for this,” Natalie said angrily.

 

“Girl, you are just asking for me to snap your arm off,” Dia said yanking Natalie’s arm up higher on her back causing Natalie to cry out in pain.

 

“Dia, please accept my apologies for Natalie’s behavior,” Travis said pleasantly as he rushed in the room.

 

“Travis, do something, shoot her or something,” Natalie screeched, crying out again as Dia yanked her arm again.

 

“You need to shut up until spoken to,” Dia said coldly, “Mr. Wall, I think you need to take your whore, and your entourage, and get the hell off my property before I kill this tramp,” Dia said snatching Natalie off the desk and pushing her into Travis’ arms.

 

“She is not my normal escort Dia, please accept my apologies once again,” Travis said snatching Natalie’s arm.  Why in the hell was his staff so incompetent?

 

“Baby a word of advice, I don’t know how incompetent the mafia is in Southside Chicago, but if you plan on staying here in New York, you need to get you some new staff, or you need to retrain all of your people.  You are very quickly becoming the biggest joke, the New York mafia has seen in years,” Dia said smoothing out her dress.

 

“I assure you once I take over Ms. Nichol’s territory I will reestablish my respect in the New York community,” Travis returned coolly.

 

“Honey, right now you can’t take over the local lemonade stand.  Look, I knew and respected your father, so I am going to help you out, go on back to Chicago.  You are not in the same league as Martha and the other families here in New York,” Dia said sympathetically.

 

“I appreciate your concern, but I am more than capable of hanging with the families here in New York.  Be sure to let Ms. Nichols know I was here,” Travis said flashing a smile at her as he grabbed Natalie by the arm and drug her towards the door.

 

“Sweetheart, let’s get you cleaned up,” Maks said taking Dia by the hand.

 

“I need to call Martha first.  I know with all of his bungled attempts that Martha has begun to let down her guard where Wall is concerned, but my gut is telling me that boy is unpredictable and is going to strike just when she least expects it,” Dia said watching Travis gather his stuff and walk out of the door.

 

**~**

 

Travis leaned against the door frame as he rung the doorbell to Alisha’s penthouse, it had been a hellacious night and he knew of only one person who could make him feel better.  It had taken everything he had not to kill Natalie for making him look even more incompetent in front of Martha’s associates; she did not even have the decency to be remorseful for her actions.

 

Travis smiled when he saw Alisha open the door.  Her hair was flowing around her shoulders, and she was wearing an ivory colored silk robe that stopped around mid thigh.

 

“Travis, what are you doing here?” Alisha asked in shock.

 

“I needed to see you.  Tonight was absolutely awful, Natalie completely embarrassed me,” Travis sighed as he pushed passed her and walked into her penthouse.

 

Alisha quietly closed the door resting her head against the door briefly before she turned to follow Travis into her sunken living room.  Once they were in the living room he pulled her into his arms hugging her tightly.

 

“This is exactly what I need,” Travis muttered burying his face in her hair.

 

“Travis, there is something I need to tell you,” Alisha said nervously.

 

“Whatever it is can wait,” Travis said nuzzling her neck.

 

“No, actually it can’t,” Alisha replied moving away from Travis.

 

“Alisha, what’s wrong?” Travis asked smiling at her as he grabbed her hand to pull her back towards him.  The smile slipped from his face as she pulled her hand from his.

 

About that time he heard another male voice calling out Alisha’s name, “Alisha baby, when are you coming back to bed?”

 

Alisha cringed as she watched the shock on Travis’ face give away to pure rage, “Who the hell do you have here?” he asked angrily.

 

“Travis…” Alisha pleaded resting her hands against his chest.

 

“Don’t Travis me, answer the question, who the hell is here?” Travis asked heading for the bedroom.

 

“Travis, you can’t go back there,” Alisha demanded following after Travis.

 

“The hell I don’t you belong to me,” he said turning on her.

 

“I beg your pardon?  I think you have me confused with Allison and Natalie.  I am not on your payroll to service you when you need a quick lay.  I am your lawyer and I have my own life.  If I decide I want to bring another man to my penthouse that I pay for with my own money, then I damn well will do so.  Now I think you need to leave,” Alisha said coldly.

 

“Not until I know who you are screwing,” Travis snorted as he once again headed towards her bedroom.  By this point Alisha was too angry at Travis to care about his reaction when he saw who was in her bed.

 

Travis stormed into Alisha’s luxurious bedroom and stopped short when sitting in the middle of her bed was none other than his twin brother Tyler Wall.

Chapter 6 by Redbird
Author's Notes:

Travis Wall

 

Martha Nichols

Chapter 6

 

"Hey big bro," Tyler said cockily reclining in Alisha's bed.

 

"What the hell?  You are screwing my brother?" Travis asked in shock.

 

"Yes Travis, I am sleeping with your brother, now will you leave," Alisha said cynically.

 

"So how long have you been screwing us both?" Travis asked coldly.

 

"Hey man, I think you need to step back," Tyler said angrily climbing from the bed to wrap his arms around Alisha's shoulders, "Tonight is the first night that I finally convinced Alisha to be with me.  The two of us have been fighting this for a long time.  She stopped by my office tonight to give me some paperwork, and we finally gave into the attraction that has been building for years," Tyler said placing a kiss on Alisha's lips.

 

"Damn Tyler, I have entrusted my entire legal operations to you, how the hell can I trust you now that you have taken my girlfriend from me?" Travis asked angrily.

 

"Your girlfriend?  Get real!  Alisha was just who you were with on Thursday.  You and I both know she deserves to be treated better than this," Tyler scoffed rolling his eyes at his brother.

 

"Travis, I never meant to hurt you, and I did not want you to find out about us this way, but Tyler is right, I was nothing more than a Thursday fling for you.  I can have more than that with Tyler, I really do like you Travis and hope we can remain friends.  I do realize that our business relationship would be awkward at best so I am going to send my Partner Kristen to work with you from now on," Alisha said quietly.

 

"You have got to be kidding me.  You know what the sad part in all of this Alisha, is that I really did think of you as more than a Thursday fling, but I guess it doesn't matter now.  Fine, I expect Kristen to be in my office on Thursday morning.  Tyler I hope like hell I can trust you with my money a hell of a lot better than I can trust you with my women," Travis said coldly walking out of Alisha's room.  Alisha jumped when she heard the front door slam.  Tyler pulled her into his arms as the tears began to fall.

 

**~**

 

"So Nigel, you know why I am here," Renee said coolly removing her sunglasses as she walked into Nigel's plush Manhattan office.  She was dressed in a black pants suit with a light charcoal gray turtleneck sweater.  Her dark brown hair was pulled off her caramel colored face in a sleek ponytail.

 

"Ms. Reynolds, surely you know that I have not had sufficient enough time to get the money put together for Ms. Nichols," Nigel said calmly leaning back in his seat.

 

Renee sighed as she nodded to her partner Mari who was also dressed in all black.  Mari simply nodded as she headed back towards the receptionist closing the door behind her. 

 

"Is there a coffee machine around here somewhere?" Mari asked the pretty blonde who was Nigel's assistant.

 

"Sure, would you like me to show you where it is?" the blonde asked politely.

 

"That would be wonderful, I am sure my colleague is going to be a minute," Mari returned as she and the blonde headed down the hall.

 

"My name is Ashle by the way Ashle Dawson," she said extending her hand to Mari.

 

"Mari.  Nice to meet you," Mari said politely as they continued down the hall.  Once they arrived in the breakroom Mari headed over to the coffee machine and poured a cup of coffee for herself and one for Ashle.

 

"So how long have you been working for Nigel?' Mari asked as she handed the cup of coffee to Ashle.

 

"A little over a year.  He can be a real ass to work for sometimes, but this job pays the bills," Ashle said adding sugar to her coffee.

 

"I know how that is.  My partner Renee and I own our own accounting firm, but there is just so much work involved," Mari said conversationally.

 

"That is cool that you own your own business," Ashle said yawning.

 

"It is, I like being my own boss," Mari said smiling.

 

"I don't know what is wrong with me, I feel a little funny," Ashle said holding her head.

 

"Did you need to lie down?" Mari asked with concern.

 

"No, I am just a little dizzy, I am sure I will be just...." Before Ashle could finish her thought she collapsed to the floor.

 

"Dead," Mari said smiling pulling on a pair of black gloves as she leaned over to pres her fingers to Ashle's neck.  Her smile became bigger when she realized there was no pulse.  Pouring out the coffee and pouring a fresh cup, Mari wiped down her seat, the coffee maker and quietly headed out of the breakroom.

 

**~**

 

"Nigel, maybe I didn't make myself clear, I am here to collect Ms. Nichol's money.  Now we can do this the hard way or the easy way," Renee said coolly pulling on some black leather gloves before she set her briefcase down in the plush leather sofa by the door.

 

"Ms. Reynolds, be reasonable.  You are an accountant, you know how hard it is to get that kind of money together without drawing suspicion," Nigel said trying to remain calm.  He was hoping to keep the soft spoken woman from doing anything rash. 

 

Renee walked over to Nigel and with one smooth motion slapped Nigel out of his chair, "Mr. Lythgoe, the terms of the contract you had with Ms. Nichols clearly stated that she was to be paid in full for the money you borrowed to finance your tour.  Now we have been more than patient with you, but now we need to collect our money," Renee said coldly as she placed her black designer heel against Nigel's neck.

 

"Arggghhhh, Ms. Reynolds, I do not have that kind of money," Nigel said trying to roll off his stomach onto his back so he could breathe.

 

"I really can't believe you wasted my time making me come down here when you knew you did not have Ms. Nichols' money," Renee said reaching into her jacket pocket where she withdrew a syringe.

 

"Please Ms. Reynolds, all I need is a few more days," Nigel pleaded once he saw the syringe.

 

"It is too late Nigel; we have been more than fair in giving you several weeks to get this debt resolved.  I am afraid, the loan has been accelerated and the final balloon payment is due today," Renee said pulling the cap off the syringe.  She pushed her foot against his neck when Nigel began to squirm trying to get away.

 

"Please, just a few more days...I will have the money," Nigel said beginning to cry.

 

"Aww Nigie, don't cry.  At least go out like a man.  Now this is going to be short, but I am afraid very painful for you.  When the coroner performs the autopsy they are going to think you had a simple heart attack, but we both know better," Renee said thumping the syringe to get the air bubbles out before she kneeled down pressing her knee against his back preventing him from moving.

 

"It doesn't make sense to kill me, you still won't get your money," Nigel said desperately still struggling to get away.

 

"That is where you are wrong Nigie, see, Ms. Nichols has an insurance policy taken out against you.  So once your death is ruled a heart attack she will be able to file a claim against the insurance policy and receive more than twice the money she was expecting from you.  So my dear Nigel, you are actually worth more to Martha dead than you are alive," Renee whispered in his ear as she stuck the syringe in his neck.  Once the syringe was empty she placed the cap back on the syringe and stuck it back in her pocket.  She grabbed her briefcase and headed out of Nigel's office just as Nigel began to gasp and writhe on the floor in pain.  As she headed towards the elevator she noticed Mari coming from the other direction.  They smiled at each other as the elevator doors closed and the cart made its way to the lobby.  Once they made it to the lobby they walked by the guard on duty and nodded once at him.  He smiled at the ladies and turned the security cameras back on once they were out of the building.  Once they were back in Mari's metallic black Jaguar Renee pulled out her cell phone.

 

"Ms. Nichols, the Nigel Lythgoe problem has been taken care of," Renee said smiling coldly as she hung up the phone.

 

**~**

 

"Travis, that was simply incredible," Amanda sighed as she pushed her hair out of her face and rolled off of Travis.

 

"That was just a warm up," he whispered kissing her again as his hands once again began to explore her body.

 

"Damn, you are just too good to me," Amanda sighed closing her eyes as his lips began to explore her body.

 

"You take such good care of me Amanda it is the least I can do," he said smiling as he heard her gasp as his hand slid between her thighs.  It didn't take long before her body was moving frantically against his hand, just when she thought she couldn't take anymore he took the opportunity to slide inside of her once again...

 

Later she took a sip of white wine before she rested her head against his chest as they relaxed in her Jacuzzi tub. 

 

"I hate that you moved to New York, I really miss you being here with me in Chicago," Amanda pouted as she fed Travis a strawberry.

 

"I miss you too doll, but it is time to expand my operations.  Besides you know I will always be here when you need me," he said pulling a strawberry off the tray and feeding it to her.

 

"I do love that you stuck by me when I agreed with you to dismantle the entire Chicago Bulls team after they won 6 championships.  I still say we could have at least made the playoffs one more time without Jordan," Amanda replied turning to face him.  She was the CEO and owner of the Chicago Bulls organization and had come under serious fire for dismantling the team.  The team had only made the playoffs once since she had taken apart the team.  What had once been a force to be reckoned with in the east coast was now the laughing stock of the NBA.

 

"I told the mayor if he did not cooperate with me I would make sure all of his sports teams would be the laughing stock of the sports industry, and now with the recent trade for the top player that should have gone to the Bulls but instead went to the Lakers, my job is now complete.  The Bears almost won the Super Bowl, now this year they did not even make the playoffs, the White Sox won the World Series a few years ago, but haven't come close since, and dismantling the Blackhawks was even more pleasurable to me than dismantling the Bulls," Travis said smugly.

 

"What about the Cubs?" Amanda asked.

 

"The Cubs hardly needed my help in becoming inept." Travis said unable to resist kissing Amanda once again.

 

"Hmm...I am thinking of an entirely different sport now," Amanda said turning around to kiss Travis fully on the lips.

 

Travis just smiled as he climbed out of the tub, holding out his hand he pulled her out of the tub before he led her back to the bedroom...

 

"So what do you have in store for the boxing match tonight?" Amanda asked Travis as she watched the crowd bursting with excitement as they waited for the heavy weight match to begin.

 

"Aha...tonight I will present my final blow of humiliation to the Mayor and make a lot of money in the process," Travis said arrogantly as he gestured for Amanda to take her seat in his private suite.  Travis winked seductively at the scantily clad waitress who brought him and Amanda a glass of champagne before he continued, "The match between Jesus Solorio and Jason Williams has been billed as the most anticipated boxing match since Tyson and Holyfield.  Both fighters are undefeated, equally matched size and weight wise.  According to the odds makers in Vegas, everyone is expecting the fight to go the full twelve rounds.  Vegas has been making a fortune on the bets placed for this fight, the pay per view sales for this match have set new records, and the mayor of Chicago has been touting this match as the resurgence of sports in Chicago...after doing a little research on the odds, I have paid off Solorio to go down in the fifth round.  This insures that the pay per view sales goals are met, Vegas makes some money, and I make a helluva lot of money," Travis said smiling evilly; he loved the power that came with being in control.

 

"Hmmm...since you are allowing the pay per view sales goals to be met I take it you are getting a percentage of that as well?" Amanda said getting turned on.  Travis exuded sexiness on a good day, but when he felt powerful his sexiness level went through the roof.  She and Travis enjoyed their relationship, neither one was looking to be tied down; she had a serious boyfriend that she was considering marrying and Travis was enjoying being a playboy. 

 

"But of course," Travis said leaning over to kiss Amanda.

 

"Behave, we are in public," Amanda said smiling against his lips.

 

"You know you want me," he smirked.

 

"You know I do, but we have a public image we need to maintain.  It would not bode well for the two of us to be in the papers for anything other than business acquaintances," Amanda said sorrowfully.  As her gaze once again roamed over Travis' body she thought once again about how she would much rather be making love to him back at her mansion in Chicago than sitting here watching a boring boxing match.  Truth be told Amanda did not really care for sports, which surprised many people since she owned the Bulls.  Amanda did not like sports but she liked making money and had used her trust fund that had become available to her when she turned 21 to buy a small percentage of the Bulls when they had won their first championship, as the Bulls won more championships Amanda made more money and started buying out the other investors until finally she owned the entire team.  After making other wise investments she was now in her mid 30's and was able to retire and live very well off the interest from all of the investments she made while in college and after she graduated.

 

As soon as the announcer introduced the boxers and the bell sounded announcing the beginning of the first round, Amanda knew she had lost Travis for the rest of the evening.  She pulled out her sidekick and began to check her email.  She became fully engrossed in the task and was startled as she heard Travis swear angrily, she glanced up to see several fans also angrily on their feet.

 

"What's going on?" Amanda asked sliding her sidekick back into her purse.

 

"I just lost a shitload of money that is what happened," Travis roared throwing his wine glass against the wall.

 

"How in the world did that happen?" Amanda asked glancing at the ring where Jason was lying in the middle of the ring unconscious.

 

"Solario double crossed me that is what happened.  He knocked Jason out cold in the second round.  The second damned round!" Travis roared again as he irritably began to pace.

 

Pandemonium continued to ensue as the referee declared Jesus the winner by a TKO in the second round.  Fans began to scream and argue with each other as a stunned Jesus was declared the winner.  Travis paced angrily around his suite until he saw Jesus' manager escorting him out of the ring amidst tight security.  He quickly slipped out of his suite and headed towards Jesus' room.

 

Jesus was stunned as he followed his manager and the training staff down the tunnel to his room.  Fear settled in him when they opened the door to see a very pissed off Travis Wall sitting in a chair in the middle of the room...

 

"Mr. Wall, I have no idea what happened," Jesus began gesturing towards Travis.

 

"What happened Solario, is that you double crossed me," Travis said coldly.

 

"No sir, that is not what happened," Solario said fear running down his spine.

 

"So how much did you get paid?" Travis asked rising from his chair and beginning to pace.

 

"Mr. Wall, I am innocent, there is no way that the punch I landed on William's jaw would have knocked him out.  I barely touched him," Solario said urgently.

 

"Then explain to me why I just lost hundreds of millions of dollars tonight," Travis roared picking up one of the folding chairs and throwing it across the room...

 

Meanwhile in Jason's room, once the media had interviewed him and had departed from his room he took a shower and had just finished dressing when there came a knock at his door.  He opened his door and smiled as the figure walked in.

 

"Ya'll know you owe me right," he said smiling as he placed his tie around his neck, "You know I would have whooped Jesus's ass tonight.  My ego took a big hit tonight to take that dive."

 

"I know, I know, but a little humilty will do you some good," the person said fixing his tie.

 

"That and fifty million dollars," Jason said smiling.

 

"You earned it baby, you definitely earned it," the figure said pulling out a briefcase and handing it to Jason.

 

"Pleasure doing business with you," Jason said smiling as he leaned down and kissed the figure on the cheek, "Be sure to tell your boss I said hello."

 

"Tell her yourself," Donyelle said opening the door to reveal Martha dressed in a chic designer pantsuit.  "Now if you will excuse me, I am in the mood to celebrate, and I know just who I need to call," Donyelle said smiling deviously.

 

"Don't hurt him girl," he called out as she headed for the door.

 

"Aww Jase, it's no fun if I can't inflict a little pain," she said coyly before she headed out the door...

 

"That girl is something else," Jason said shaking his head before he turned his attention back to Martha.

 

"I really appreciate you doing this favor for me," Martha said smiling coolly at Jason.

 

"I figured it was not in my best interests to say no to you," Jason said smiling back at Martha.

 

"Uh huh, and I am sure the fifty million dollars didn't hurt," Martha said dryly.

 

"Uh...well...you know...it did make it a little hard for a brotha to say no," Jason said wryly, "So what are you going to do to celebrate?"

 

"I am going home and going to bed," Martha said smiling as she turned towards the door.

 

"That's it?  No partying, no booty call like Donyelle?" Jason said teasingly.

 

"Oh no, my pleasure is going to come in other ways," Martha said relishing the thought of calling and bragging to Travis about how she humiliated him yet again.

 

"Well, I for one am about to go get my party on," Jason said checking himself out in the mirror one last time before he turned towards the door, "I will make sure to party enough for the two of us," he called out as he held the door open for her.

 

Shauna Noland, Sara VonGillern, and Lauren Goltieb were waiting outside the door and flanked Martha as she headed out of the stadium to the stretch limo waiting for her outside.  Martha reclined in the back seat sipping on a glass of wine as she watched the Manhattan skyline.  She could not wait to call Travis in the morning and gloat over her latest victory.  It had been a long time since she'd had so much fun making someone else's life so miserable...

Chapter 7 by Redbird
Author's Notes:
Sorry it has been so long...real life has been beating me down!  Hope you all enjoy the next chapter.

 

Chapter 37

 

"More coffee Ms. Nicholiano?"

"Please," Martha said smiling brightly at her maid as she folded up her newspaper to make room for the young woman to pour some more coffee into her cup.

"You are in a pleasant mood this morning," the woman said conversationally.

"I am, I made a rival look very foolish yesterday, and I am going to go see my Nonno today," Martha said happily.

"It has been a while since you have gone to see Mr. Nicholiano, I am sure he is going to be very happy to see you," her maid said smiling as well.

"Well, well, someone looks happy today," Donyelle said entering into the dining room.

"I am not the only one.  I take it you had an enjoyable evening last night," Martha smirked knowingly.

"Oh yes ma'am, I am a very happy woman today," Donyelle sighed as she took a seat next to Martha, "Now he on the other hand is probably a little sore.  Let's just say I worked him out well."

"Where on Earth do you find these guys who allow you to just use them for the evening and move on?" Martha asked shaking her head.

"You make me sound like a ho.  For your information, I have been seeing the same guy for the last few months," Donyelle said in pretend offense.

"Get out of here.  YOU, have been seeing the same guy for awhile?  I must say I am surprised.  He must be special to you," Martha smirked once again.

"He is special to me.  I don't know if it is serious, but for once I have found someone where it is about more than just sex you know," Donyelle said playing with the fork in front of her.

"No, I don't know what you are talking about.  But I am happy you have found someone that holds your attention longer than a few weeks," Martha said genuinely happy for her friend.

"Thank you.  You just wait and see one day you are going to meet someone who is going to knock you off your feet," Donyelle said reassuringly.

"No I won't." Martha sighed as she leaned back in her chair, "My Grandfather had wanted to find someone for me to marry, but since he had to go into hiding that isn't going to happen.  But that is okay, I have made peace with the fact that I am going to be single for the rest of my life," Martha added as she put some butter on her toast leaving Donyelle to wonder if she was trying to convince her or herself of that fact.

"But are you content with being single the rest of your life?" Donyelle asked incredulously.

"I promised my Nonno I would remain pure until he found someone for me, so I will," Martha shrugged taking a bite of her toast.

"You are a much stronger woman than I am.  I couldn't imagine what it would be like to never experience what it is like to be with a man."

Martha was quiet and didn't say anything else.  She didn't want to dwell on all the nights she had thought about the fact she would never share her bed with her husband, or never hear the sounds of her children running through the house like she did when she was a little girl.  But that was the price she had to pay to be in the Mafia.  Her grandfather had been devastated when her parents had been killed.  He had lost her grandmother to a similar fate, when a rival family had kidnapped and tortured her grandmother for hours before they killed her and sent her body to her grandfather piece by piece.  He had been devastated and had poured all of his love into his son Marcus only to lose him a few years later to mob violence.  Antonio became fiercely protective of Martha, not allowing her to leave the mansion under any circumstances.  And even while she was on the premises she was constantly surrounded by body guards to make sure nothing happened to her.  She was home schooled and had learned everything her grandfather knew about the Mafia.  Most people knew very little about the heir to the Nicholiano Famiglia.  She very rarely left her home instead choosing to conduct all of her business from the mansion.  She had a very small group of people she trusted implicitly that helped her to run the business.  She used the fact that no one knew what she looked like to her advantage on those rare occasions she did leave the house.

For the most part she enjoyed her life.  She had quickly earned the respect of the other mob families in New York, and she enjoyed the company of her friends and valued her friendship with Donyelle who was like a sister to her.  But still there were times when the burdens of being a mafia boss were too much for her and she wished she could just be the philanthropist and the owner of one of the larges banks on the East Coast.  Those times were few and far between however.

After breakfast, Martha and Donyelle chatted about Donyelle's date with her mystery man as they walked towards Martha's office.  Her assistant Lavawn smiled with relief as the two approached her desk.

"Good morning Ms. Nicholiano," she said pleasantly handing Martha her mail and her messages.

"Who in the world are all these messages from?" Martha asked in surprise as she glanced at all the slips of paper.

"Your number one fan," Lavawn sighed as her phone rung again, "Thank you for calling the office of Ms. Nichols, how may I help you...Mr. Wall, with all due respect, I will pass on your messages to Ms. Nichols when she gets in.  You calling me every five minutes is not going to get the messages to her any faster...fine..." Lavawn replied, sighing as she hung up the phone, "He said he will be calling back in an hour."

"Hmmm, guess someone put two and two together," Martha said smugly as a huge smile broke out on her face.

"Guess he has," Donyelle said not missing how Martha's entire demeanor had changed.

"Don't even give me that look Donyelle.  It isn't like that, it has been a very long time since I have taken so much pleasure in making someone else's life so miserable," Martha replied with a devilish look, "Lavawn, the next time he calls transfer him in," she added, her mind already ticking on what she could do to today to irritate him.

"Yes ma'am." Lavawn answered.

It was less than an hour later when the call from Travis finally came through.

"This is Martha," she said innocently reclining back in her plush leather chair.

"You bitch, you fixed the fight didn't you," Travis said without preamble.

"Why hello Travis, how are you this morning?" Martha said in amusement.

"Answer me dammit," he yelled into the phone.

"Hmmm, guess this means you aren't having a good morning," Martha said coyly.

"You know you cost me almost 100 million dollars don't you!" Travis fumed as he paced around his desk in his office.

"Really?  That's surprising, cause I made over 100 million dollars this weekend.  Sounds like you backed the wrong boxer," Martha said sweetly.

"And now I have the Gaming Commission calling me telling me that they suspect me of violating the RICO act?  Any of this sound familiar to you?" Travis said coldly.

"The Gaming Commission?  Why no Travis, I have no idea how that could have happened," Martha said trying to remain innocent, but as she heard him swearing and flipping things over in his office she was unable to keep from laughing.

"Laugh now bitch, but mark my words, I am going to take over your organization, and you are going to pay for this," Travis threatened.

"Has anyone ever told you how sexy you sound when you are angry?" she said teasingly.

"Son of a....listen lady, I am serious," Travis yelled.

"I'm sure you are.  Well, not that I haven't enjoyed our chat this morning, but since I seem to have some extra money this morning, I think I am going to go do some shopping.  Maybe I will go ahead and pick up those silk pants for you," Martha said arrogantly.

"What the hell for?" Travis growled.

"That is the standard uniform for the men who work for me.  Although I guess I should wait until I finish destroying your family to see how cute you are in person.  I have a reputation for having only the finest men serve me, I would hate to give you a position prematurely only to have to take it back from you if you don't measure up," Martha said smugly.

"Why don't you hold off buying those pants sweetheart, because you mark my words, I am going to take your family down, and I am going to enjoy every single moment of it," Travis returned.

"Guess the game is on then," Martha smirked.

"May the best man win."

"I think you mean woman," Martha returned before she hung up the phone.

**~**

"Vi è la mia bella nipote," Antonio Nicholiano said holding his arms open wide as Martha walked into his massive beach house.  (There is my beautiful granddaughter).

Martha laughed as she ran into her grandfather's arms, "Nonno, ho perso è tanto." (Grandpa, I have missed you so much).

"Not as much as I have missed you my princess," Antonio said smiling as he hugged her again.

Martha and her grandpa took a seat in his den with her resting her head on her grandpas' shoulders.  Antonio Nicholiano was still a very tall attractive man even though he was now in his late 70's.  His thick silver hair was combed straight back off his face to reveal his warm brown eyes.  He was slender and had tanned olive skin.  He still dressed everyday in designer Italian suits and kept up daily with the activities taking place in the mob world.

"So mia nipote, what are you doing to take out the Wall family?" her grandfather asked.

"He is not a threat grandpa.  I thought he was at first, but he has done more damage to his own organization than I could ever do," Martha said dismissively.

"Ah ah Martha, never ever underestimate you opponent.  I remember Oscar Wall vividly.  He was very sly and cunning, that is where his boy gets it from.  He is like a fox mia cara, very dangerous and devious.  Do not turn your back on him, or let your guard down," her grandfather warned her.

"Okay nono," Martha sighed as she hugged him.

"I am serious Martha.  Trust me on this one nipote, Travis Wall is like a cobra, he is sitting back just waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike!  You just make sure that he does not catch you off guard sweetheart," Antonio said worriedly. 

This story archived at http://https://www.valentchamber.com/vault/viewstory.php?sid=245