Ya MaN aIn'T mE by Lizzy3218
Summary:

Jazzelle is tired of her boyfriend playing around on her and treating her like like she didn't matter but when a new man comes into her life will she leave him or endure the hurt?


Categories: Original Fiction Characters: None
Classification: None
Genre: Comedy , Drama, Romance
Story Status: None
Pairings: None
Warnings: Extreme Language
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: Yes Word count: 5783 Read: 28863 Published: 07/01/09 Updated: 14/02/09
Story Notes:
The rest will be coming soon. Thanks for reading!! :-)

1. The Recommendation by Lizzy3218

2. I dEsErVe YoU by Lizzy3218

3. First Kiss by Lizzy3218

4. StOp TrIpPiN by Lizzy3218

5. It'S oVeR by Lizzy3218

6. FiGhT! by Lizzy3218

7. ThE pRoMiSe by Lizzy3218

The Recommendation by Lizzy3218

 

 Jazelle

Justin

Jeremy Hyatt

Darius

 

 

 

Hey girl, what’s up?
You've been going through it, huh?
Yeah, I know
and I know your man ain't been treating you right
but....your man ain't me
listen.

“Why do we always have to go out after we get a moment to breathe Darius? I don’t want to see anyone tonight; I just want to be alone with you.”

Darius threw on his black slacks and tucked in his blue dress shirt.

“I ain’t got a choice baby. I have to go mingle and that’s that.”

Jazzelle crossed her arms over her chest and rolled her eyes.

“Yea, that and touch on every female there.” She mumbled.

Darius put on his suit jacket and started to work on his tie.

“Don’t tell me you’re jealous of them girls Jazz.”

Jazzelle snorted with another roll of her eyes.

“Please. The last thing you need to worry about is me being jealous of them hood rats. I actually have class.”

Darius walked over to her and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

“And that is why I love you and not them, now hurry and get dressed.”

Jazzelle stood her ground. He was not making her go this time.

“I ain’t goin no where Darius. I’m sure the law firm can go one night without you there. I barely get to see you and when I do, we’re at you’re stupid functions and I no longer exist. Since you’re so adamant about going then go. Go do whateva it is you do and have fun with yo hoes cause I ain’t goin.”

Darius angrily grabbed his designer watch, flicked on his wrist and headed for the front door.

“Fine, if you’re gonna be a bitch then be a bitch. And I’ll make sure to have fun with my hoes. Don‘t wait up.”

With that he slammed the door.

Jazzelle shook her head and threw her white Jordan’s on, deciding to go the local blockbuster. She was pretty sure Darius was cheating on her. Being called a bitch was a daily occurrence for her now. The word had offended her at the beginning but after two years it barely got a reaction out of her. She didn’t even know why she was with the bastard. It wasn’t like she needed him, financially or other wise. Plus he was horrible in bed. She so needed a change.

Stepping out of her car she noticed that blockbuster wasn’t very crowded tonight. It was usually the neighborhood’s party spot on Friday nights but there were maybe three other cars besides hers tonight. She headed straight for the comedy section hoping she would find something to lighten her mood. After picking up “The Sweetest Thing” from one of the racks she heard a voice beside her.

“I wouldn’t recommend that.”

Jazzelle looked at the deep voiced stranger beside her and her breath caught. She normally wasn’t attracted to white men but this man was something else. He was looking fine with his lose Sean John jeans, Sean John t-shirt, and baby blue Nikes on his feet. He had broad shoulders and was about 6’0 tall.

“And why wouldn’t you recommend it sir?”

He had seen her checking him out so he figured it was ok to return the favor. She had on an apple bottom tank top, accompanied by an apple bottom jacket. Her apple bottom jeans hugged her ass like no other.

He grinned a boyish grin that brought a smile to her lips.

“Well Ma’am, the movie is alright but it’s not something you should watch if you need a real laugh. It might give you a chuckle or tow but that‘s about it.”

She smiled at that.

“And what makes you think I need a laugh?”

He shrugged his shoulder and went back to his task but his blue eyes were still twinkling.

“Why would you be in the comedy section if you didn’t need a laugh?”

“Good point. Any suggestions?”

He rummaged through his stack of movies and finally found what he was looking for.

“Somthin like this.”

“The Longest Yard huh? Alright, hand me a copy.”

He looked back to the spot he found the movie but there were no more copies.

“I think I just took the last one. My bad, but I ain’t handin it over so don’t even think about it lady.”

She pretended to be upset and put on her best pout but he seemed more amused than guilty.

“Fine then, be like that. Maybe I’ll go watch Madagascar instead.”

He laughed when he looked at the spot the Madagascar copies were supposed to be.

“I think I just took the last copy of that too.”

Jazzelle made a face and looked at the movies in his hands.

“It looks like you have every damn movie in here. You gonna have a movie marathon or something?”

Justin smiled as he glanced at her.

“Or something. You know you could join me if you want.”

She snorted and put back the movie she was holding.

“I don’t even know you man.”

He abruptly turned and took her hand in his, shaking it roughly.

“Hi my name is Justin Tate, well known business man with no life. And you are?”

She grinned, playing along with his game.

“Hi my name is Jazzelle Nicole Davidson, well known Physician at Mt. Sinai. It’s nice to meet you Mr. Tate/well known business man with no life.”

He laughed at her giddiness but didn’t let go of her hand.

“Well now that we know each other, why don’t you come hang out with me and watch a grip of movies. I could use the company.”

“Well, I don’t know if that’s such a good idea. I do have a man and all.”

He smiled and dragged her towards the counter so they could check out.

“Well Jazzelle, yo man ain’t here so it‘s all good.”

I dEsErVe YoU by Lizzy3218
Author's Notes:
Thanks for the reviews everyone :-)

Girl, I bet that he be actin' all cocky like
Like he deserve you, and you so lucky to be with him
Bet he be treatin' you rude always got an attitude
Like he's the only dude made for you, woah

“I like to move it move it, you like to move it move it, we like to… MOVE IT!”

The two broke into laughter after singing the familiar line from Madagascar.

“That was one crazy ass leamer.”

Justin bobbed his head to some unknown beat as he pulled into the parking lot of the blockbuster.

“That leamer was a pimp.”

Jazzelle rolled her eyes after getting out of his black Escalade and heading for her car.

“Only you would say something like that. You’re almost as “special” as that leamer.”

After turning off his car he followed behind her, making sure she was safe.

“I take offense to that young lady. I’m not special, and neither is Mr. Pimp Leamer.”

That caused her to laugh. He was beginning to like her laugh a lot.

“Whateva you say Mr. Tate/well known business man with no life. You so need a girl dude.”

He smiled a sly smile as he stood by the drivers’ side of her car.

“You offering toots?”

“Maybe.”

“Don’t get my hopes up beautiful. You gotta get back to your man remember. I won’t keep you any longer so thanks for the company.”

She smiled but he surprised her by giving her a lingering kiss on her brown cheek.

“Not a problem. Thanks for proving the rumors wrong.”

He gave her a puzzled look.

“What rumors?”

“The ones about white boys being psychotic.”

He made a face and she laughed.

“Whateva Ms. Thing. Have a safe drive. Hey, is it cool if I give you my number?”

“Sure.”

“Will you actually call me cause if you won’t, there’s no need.”

She smiles up at him from her car seat and rolls her eyes.

“Would I agree to take the number if I wasn’t planning on using it?”

“Do you always have to be such a smart ass?”

“Do you always have to be such a dumb ass?”

“Yes.”

They both cracked up at that and he handed her a business card with his numbers on it.

“Shit how many cell phones do you have Justin?”

“Too many in my opinion. I would love to stand here and chat the morning away with you but you need to get home and I need to go to sleep. Drive safe.”

She watched him walk to his car and waved as he drove away. She had had an amazing time just chillin with him and she wasn’t looking forward to seeing Darius’s stupid ass. She hadn’t laughed like that in a long time, hopefully she’d be able to see him again soon.

As soon as she stepped in the house, Darius jumped up from his chair and started asking questions in a pissed off manner.

“Where the fuck were you Jazz?”

“Excuse me? Who the fuck do you think you’re talking to Darius, you’re little sister? Back the fuck off.”

He roughly grabbed her arm but she pushed him away.

“Who were you fucking?”

“What the fuck?”

“I already know you’re cheating on me so why hide it any longer. I’ve caught you, now what do you have to say for yourself?”

“First of all if I was cheating on you I wouldn’t come in as obvious as I did. Secondly, I would reek of sex, and third I probably wouldn’t even be here right now listening to your shit. If I wanted to cheat on you I would do it in front of your face just like you do to me all the damn time. Get off your fucking high horse Darius, you don’t own nobody.”

He seemed a little taken aback by her boldness and immediately started to apologize.

“I’m sorry baby, it’s just that I came home and you were gone so I thought the worse had happened. You know I love you.”

“Yea… whatever. I’m going to bed.”

“You know ain’t nobody else right for you but me right Jazzy? I worked hard to be with you. I deserve you.”

Jazzelle rolled her eyes at him and headed for their bedroom.

“And for that you’re sleeping on that couch tonight. Don’t try to argue with me cause you fucked up, again.”

With that she slammed the door in his face.

First Kiss by Lizzy3218

But I bet he didn't count on, no nigga like me comin' round
(Giving you things to think about cause I know what’s up)
Since he ain't tryna step it up, don't you think you should give him up?
(Cause he ain't worth your love)

“So why are you with him again?”

Jazzelle sighed as she pondered Justin’s question.

“Hell if I know. I want to break it off but he’s all I’ve ever known. I want a change but…”

“You’re too afraid.”

He said finishing her sentence. She could get used to this. She liked talking to Justin and having him tell her what she needed to hear instead of what she wanted to hear.

“Darius has a lot of influence around here; he could ruin me if I decide to leave him.”

“So he’s basically bullying you into being with him.”

Another sigh escaped her lips.

“I guess that’s another way of looking at it.”

Justin decided to drop the subject because she seemed to be getting upset, they could talk about it another time.

“When do I get to see your beautiful face again? We’ve been talking on the phone for so long and I’m starting to resent my phone now.”

She laughed and rolled her eyes even though he couldn’t see her.

“You? Resent your phone? Like that will ever happen. That things like a love child to you. I don’t know when you’ll get to see me. We should make this weekend a movie weekend. Darius is going to Chicago for some shit so I won’t even have to worry about making up a lie.”

“Alright well, I’ll let you get back to those poor little patients. I’m sure they need you more than I do. What time do you get off though?”

“Why?”

“Woman, just answer the question!”

She laughed at his fake exasperation.

“I get off at nine.”

“I’ll call you at 10pm cause that’s when I’ll be done with my bullshit. Have a great day Jazzelle.”

“You too Justin.”

Hanging up she thought about the way he had said her name. Ever since they met he had called her Jazzelle and nothing else. Darius on the other hand never called her by her full name, why? She didn’t know.

After speaking to him that night, they arranged for them to have dinner at his house Saturday night. The weekend came faster than she thought it would but she was excited about seeing Justin. She tried to convince herself that they were just two friends having dinner but she knew it was a lie.

She pulled into his drive way and stared at the oversized house for a few minutes. His house looked like a cape cod style home with several bedrooms. She wondered if he had roommates or family members living with him. Jazzelle walked up to the door, smoothing her sweaty hands on her blue sundress. She knocked three times and entered after hearing him yell “come in”. The house smelled heavenly and her stomach growled with anticipation. There was no way Justin could cook something that smelled so good.

“Hey there lovely. Make yourself comfortable the food's almost done.”

She smiled at the image his concentrated face was making but didn‘t comment. She walked further into the room and noticed the vanilla scented candles lighting up the room and the music in the background. His living room was amazing. He combined comfortable, loved pieces, making the room warm and inviting.

Jazzelle looked back at Justin and grinned when she saw him tasting the food. Darius had never done anything like this for her. She just figured it was because he wasn’t the romantic type but Justin was going all out and they weren’t even dating. She sat down at the candle lit table and waited patiently for him to finish.

“I see you’ve found the table. Does everything look ok?”

Justin asked, his voice trembling a little. Why in the hell was he so nervous? It wasn’t like he had never been around women before. She looked so beautiful though. Her blue sundress went well with her skin tone and dark brown eyes. Her hair was loose and slightly curled. Simply put, she looked good.

“Everything looks amazing. You shouldn’t have Justin.”

He shrugged and started to put their dinner on their plates.

“Being romantic isn‘t a chore. Obviously you’re not used to it and that’s a shame.”

He placed her plate in front of her and took his seat. He watched as she took a bite of the grilled chicken and rice. He smiled with satisfaction when she groaned in pleasure. That was all the thanks he needed. They ate in silence, only pausing to steal glances at each other. When it was time for desert, Justin got up, telling Jazzelle to close her eyes.

“Don’t move ok. I know you’re impatient but stay still.”

She smiled and nodded. She was bit surprised when she felt him apply a sticky sweet substance on her lips a few minutes later. She took in a quick breath when she felt his soft lips on hers. He drew her bottom lip into his mouth and licked at the desert, making her moan. He then worked on her upper lip before nudging her mouth open and letting her taste him and the desert. The combination of his mouth and the blueberry tasting desert made her heart race and her breathing go shallow. He pulled away moments later and looked into her dazed eyes.

“If you liked that, think about what I would have done if you didn’t have a boyfriend. Think about it Jazzelle. I can do that and so much more on a day to day basis.”

She didn’t respond, she couldn’t.

StOp TrIpPiN by Lizzy3218

Stop trippin,
I know you got a man but girl he's slippin
I can see myself gettin' in where I fit in
I want you to see, just how much your man ain't me cause
He ain't fly, He don't even drive
Cause when you wanna sneak out in the middle of the night baby Im your guy
Imma reason he ain't being all that he can be
Baby please your man, your man ain't me

“Hello?”

Jazzelle paused when she heard the female voice on the end of the phone.

“Yeah, is Darius there?”

She asked nicely. Who was answering his cell phone at 2 in the morning?

“He in da shower right now but I’ll tell him you called.”

She stared at the phone when the girl rudely hung up. This was going to piss her off for the rest of the day. If Darius didn’t love her anymore why didn’t he just break things off and let her go? Why did he have to humiliate her like that?

Jazzelle opened her phone again and dialed the familiar number she hadn’t dialed in a while.

“What’s up stranger?”

She smiled at the greeting. After the kiss she and Justin had shared she figured she should stay away from him so she wouldn’t do anything stupid. Even if Darius was a dick, she wasn’t a cheater.

“I’m sorry about this week. I wanted to call you but I didn’t really know what to say.”

“I’m not gonna apologize for kissing you because it felt too damn right. I’ve dreamt about your lips since that night. I‘m a man possessed.”

She laughed at that.

“You’re too much of dork Justin, but I am sorry. I needed to get my thoughts together but shit’s messed up.”

“What’s wrong?”

She sighed and wondered whether she should tell him or not.

“I just called Darius and some bitch answered his phone talking bout he’s in the shower. I’m not sure I want to know what’s going on.”

She heard him sigh. She knew he was frustrated with her.

“But you do know what’s going on Jazzelle; you’re just choosing to ignore it.”

“I know. I don’t know why I’m trippin off him J, I just… I don’t know.”

“Come see me?”

He asked hopefully. She hesitated for a moment.

“ I don’t know if that’s a good idea Justin.“

“Please? I just want to talk in person, I hate discussing this type of stuff over the phone.”

Jazzelle debated with herself for a few moments before tossing caution to the wind.

“I’ll be right there.”

They decided to meet at a park near his house. Jazelle knew she was being an idiot when it came to Darius and she was sure Justin was going to give her a piece of his mind.

“How did you end up with this guy anyway?” Justin asked as soon as they took a seat on the bench facing the baseball field.

Jazzelle smiled wryly as she remembered when she started dating Darius.

“We met at a fundraiser for the hospital I work at. His firm was one of big donors and he approached me after a baseball game. I was freshly out of medical school and I hadn’t dated much so I was a pretty easy target. He ran a nice game on me and I fell for it. I didn’t even realize I had been played till recently. I had been walking around in this love bubble while he was laughing at me behind my back.”

Justin could tell she was getting angry with every word she spoke.

“I understand that feeling cause I’ve been in some of those relationships myself but I got out when I knew they weren’t working out. If you’re not happy, why don’t you end it?”

Jazzelle didn’t have an answer for him. She’d love nothing more than to end her bullshit relationship with Darius and get with him but fear was a bitch.

“Why are you afraid to be with me?”

Has the boy ever heard of beating around the bush?

“Cause I’ve been hurt and I’m hurting now. I don’t know you well enough to decided whether you’re worth the risk. My man’s hurting me enough to last me a lifetime.”

Before she could stop him his lips connected with hers and she found herself melting into his touch, his kiss, his biceps… his everything.

He pulled away breathless and gave her a lingering kiss.

“Ya man ain’t me baby.”

“I know.”

She whispered as he got up and walked to his car.

It'S oVeR by Lizzy3218
Author's Notes:
Thanks for the feedback everyone. We're almost to the finish line :-)

Girl, I know that you be wishin' he was nothin' like
Like that playa type, and you so lucky to be with him
Wish that he treated you cool and didn't cheat on you
Like your just another girl in his crew, woah

 

 

“Jazz what the hell are you doing?”

 

She had been relaxing by the band enjoying the music but he just had to ruin it. The music was the only she ever survived the boring ass lawyer parties.

 

“I'm listening to music. What the hell does it look like I'm doing? You were too busy to even notice I had left so why are you trippin?”

 

He sighed loudly and grabbed her hand pulling her towards him so he could whisper in her ear.

 

“Don’t ruin this shit for me girl. Let’s go act like the happy couple we are.”

 

“Happy couple my ass.”

 

He growled low in his throat and dragged her to his friends, his hand practically on her ass.

 

“Dude, you hittin that?”

 

One of Darius’s obnoxious lawyer friends asked. Instead of correcting him and telling him not to talk about his girl like that, the dumbass went a long with it.

 

“Man, that pussy's been mine.”  Darius said as he laughed with his friends.

 

Jazzelle looked at Darius in digust as she pried his hands off her ass and headed for the bar. She asked the bartender for a margarita, drumming her fingers as she waited for her drink.

 

“I wouldn’t recommend that.”

 

Jazzelle turned at the familiar voice and grinned.

 

“And why not Mr. Tate/well known business man with no life?”

 

He chuckled and settled on the stool next to her.

 

“Alcohol tends to impair people’s judgment and you’re no exception. Plus I saw the way ya man was grabbing on you. You’re gonna need all the strength you have to fight him off. Speaking of that bastard, where is he?”

 

She turned around in her seat and looked for the darkest person there besides herself. She scowled when she spotted him.

 

“He's over there rubbing some hoes chest.”

 

Justin followed her eyes and found himself scowling as well. Why would any man treat Jazzelle like that? She was beautiful, smart, funny as hell, and a great kisser. Anyone dumb enough to fuck up a relationship with her had issues.

 

Before he could blink Jazzelle grabbed her drink and stomped over to where Darius was now kissing the girls neck. She looked pissed and fed up. He followed her to where Darius was, there was no way he was going to miss this.

 

“Before you fuck in public let me get your attention Darius.”

 

He and the girl paused their kissing and he looked at her angrily.

 

“Don’t fucking try anything Jazz.”

 

She laughed at him and threw her drink in his face, surprising Darius and the girl.

 

“Next time you want to fuck somebody else break up with me first. But since you don't have enough balls to do anything but fuck, I’ll do it for you. It’s over Darius. You and I are through. I’m through. Now you’re free to fuck and suck whomever you want. I’ll get my shit tomorrow.”

 

She didn’t give him a chance to respond. She grabbed Justin’s hand and walked out the door with everyone staring after them in surprise. Justin was laughing so hard that it took him a while to calm himself down.

 

“Why don’t we go get your shit tonight? You won’t really need much will you?”

 

Jazzelle returned his dazzling grin and nodded.

 

“Yeah let’s go get them while his dumb ass is here.”

 

“That was some funny shit girl. I was half expecting you to beat his ass.”

 

She laughed right along with him.

 

“I was thinking about it but I don’t think a night in jail would benefit me at all. He is a lawyer.”

 

After arriving at her condo she gathered everything she owned and threw them into Justin’s car. It was a good thing he had brought his Escalade cause she had a lot of stuff.

 

“Can I get a kiss?”

 

Leaning over him she drew his bottom lip into her mouth and nudged his mouth open with a lick of her tongue. He moaned into her mouth and put a hand in her hair to draw her close and deepen the contact. He missed this, he missed her, but he was never going miss it again; he would make sure of that.

FiGhT! by Lizzy3218
Author's Notes:
I know I've been slacking, please forgive me :-). Enjoy!

But I bet he didn't count on (oh) no nigga like me comin' round
(Giving you things to think about cause I know whats up, yeah)
Since he ain't tryna step it up, don't you think you should give him up?
(Cause he ain't worth your love)
(You need to stop trippin)

 

Jazzelle couldn’t help but think back on the past several months. Fortunately Darius left her a lone and he hadn’t tried to contact her or Justin. Maybe he has moved on and his ego wasn’t as bruised as she thought it would be.

 

Jazzelle and Justin were closer than ever and happy too. Jazzelle was still getting used to all the romantic surprises Justin randomly came up with. Once he sent her 4 dozen pink roses at work and she couldn‘t help cheesing the entire day. She wasn’t much for receiving flowers but the fact that it was so random made it special.

 

“Do you have any family?”

 

Justin asked as they sat outside his balcony. Her back was to his chest, his arms were securely around her waist, and they were watching the sun set together.

 

“I just have my grandma back in Georgia. I visit her every now and then but I am so busy with work and stuff. I want to visit her soon.”

 

“Can I go with you?”

 

She smiled at the question. She wondered what her grandma would think of her choice in a man. She never liked Darius.

 

“I’d like that. She might give you a hard time but she’s a sweet lady. As for the rest of my family, I don’t know them. I’ve never met my parents and I don’t have the desire to anymore. G-ma is enough of a parent for me.”

 

“I can’t wait for you to meet my family and friends, they’ll love you.”

 

He suggested as he kissed her hair softly. She smiled. She couldn’t wait to meet his family either. Darius’ family had been stuck up and bitchy to her because they thought she wasn’t good enough for him. Justin was proud to show her to his family even though she was black. She wasn’t sure if her race would be a problem for them but Justin was a wonderful man. Wonderful men usually don’t come from racist, hateful backgrounds.

 

“Will they care if I’m… ya know?”

 

He chuckled as he got up, pulling her with him.

 

“Jazzelle, you’re not the first black woman I’ve dated but you will be the last.”

 

It took a moment for his statement to register but when it did she grinned widely.

 

“You’re kind of slow baby,” Justin said teasing her.

 

“Well maybe if you would stop speaking in code from time to time I might get what you’re talking about.”

 

“Excuses. You ready to walk to dinner?”

 

She grabbed his hand and they headed down the stairs and out the door. They lived close to downtown Chicago so they decided to go to Cheeseburger world. Justin was beyond happy because he had never had a girlfriend who liked to eat at a place like that. They were always worried about stupid calories and potential love handles.

 

Dinner went fast. They discussed various topics ranging from President Bush, to the messed up pop world. Jazzelle couldn’t remember being so happy and carefree. Justin definitely brought out the best in her and she couldn’t be happier. She had never been in a relationship where she could be 100% herself and not have to worry about being ridiculed. Justin was the real deal.

 

After dinner they took a stroll through a near by park and they were messing around tickling each other when a familiar voice interrupted their playfulness.

 

“You thought you could just dump me and hook up with white boy over here huh? Bitch you must be out yo mind.”

 

Justin stopped short and stared at Darius with contempt and barely controlled anger. The son of a bitch had some nerve.

 

“Watch who the fuck you‘re talking to. The only bitch I see around here is you.”

 

Jazzelle balled her fists when she saw two girls and a guy come from behind some bushes. There was no way they were going to get jumped.

 

“Oh y’all are going to jump us huh? Well bring it on bitches.”

 

It probably wasn’t a good idea to taunt them but they didn’t do anything. They probably weren’t going to do anything without Darius’ permission.

 

“Nothing has to happen Jazz. Just leave this white boy and come back home with me.”

 

“And if I don’t?”

 

Darius’ eyes turned angry at her snippy tone.

 

“Then I guess you don‘t give me any other choice.”

 

Before either of them couldn’t blink the four headed for them. The two guys were on Justin and the two girls on Jazzelle.

 

Jazzelle turned her head towards Justin when she heard him grunt but that served to be a mistake because a fist landed at her lip. Adrenaline and anger over took her body when she tasted blood and she threw a fist at the girl who had hit her, hitting her in the eye and knocking her down.

 

The other girl ran towards her tackling her to the ground. Jazzelle flipped them over and started pounding fists into her face. The girl that had been on the ground pulled her away from the girl by her hair but that only pissed Jazzelle off even more. After getting her hair free she grabbed the girl by the neck, put a leg behind one of her legs and sent her to the ground.

 

She lifted her foot and kicked the girl six times in the ribs and few times in the face. When the other girl didn’t get up Jazzelle went to her and kicked her a few times for good measure. She now had blood on her new heels and her knuckles were killing her but she didn’t care.

 

Justin definitely handled himself because one of the guys was writhing on the floor with a broken nose and he had Darius in a headlock. Darius’ face looked swollen from the punches it had taken and the lack of oxygen made his face look like a pumpkin. After Justin dropped him to the ground he kicked him a few times. Jazzelle laughed. Maybe they both had a thing for kicking people.

 

Jazzelle jogged over to his side and examined the damage he had done.

 

“Nicely done Mr. Tate. And they say white people can’t fight.”

 

They both laughed at that.

 

“What did you do to those girls? They look dead baby.”

 

She chuckled and grabbed his hand.

 

“If they aren’t dead, they should be. Well Darius, this was a nice reunion but next time try to pick people who can actually fight. Nice effort though.”

 

They went the opposite direction and headed home.

ThE pRoMiSe by Lizzy3218
Author's Notes:
Sorry it took so long for me to post this everyone. School has been kicking my butt and this kinda got put to the back burner. Enjoy!
 

(Can you see?)
You and him ain't meant to be together, life with me will be better
(Ohhh ohhh ohhh)
Yes, let him leave you'll be doing yourself a favor
Girl Im just tryna save you

 

 

“Hold still girl. You don’t want that lip hurting more than it is now do you?”

 

Jazzelle sighed as Justin cleaned off her lip wound. She was still heated from the fight but she had to control herself. She and Justin had been cleaning each other’s wounds and cracking jokes for the past hour and the anger was beginning to fade a little.

 

“I still can’t believe he tried to jump us. And they couldn’t even fight. I mean that wasn’t even a challenge.”

 

“He’s a lawyer; he's not really supposed to know how to fight.”

 

“You’re a business owner yet you beat two people’s asses tonight. What’s up with that?”

 

Justin chuckled as he threw away the gauze he had been using.

 

“I just don't like anyone messing with my woman. You alright?”

 

She sighed as she sat back on the couch wrapped in his arms.

 

“Yeah, I’m just mad as shit. I wish I could have done more damage.”

 

Justin threw his head back and laughed.

 

“If you did anymore damage you’d be up on murder charges right now.”

 

She laughed along with him but their laughter soon died off as the mood got serious.

 

“I love you Jazzelle.”

 

She tensed, trying to figure out a way to respond withouth leaving herself volnurable. She looked into his eyes to see if he was still messing around but he was completely serious. She took a deep breath and stared at her hands.

 

“Did you hear me? I said I love you.”

 

“I heard you. I just… I don’t know what to say cause the last time I told someone how I felt about, they threw my heart in my face.”

 

Justin sighed and put a finger under her chin, lifting her eyes up.

 

“I’m not Darius Jazzelle.”

 

“I know that but the fear is still there you know. Subconscious bullshit I can't really control.” Jazzelle responded.

 

“How do you feel about me?” Justin asked cautiously. He was putting his heart on the line, he hoped she was willing to do the same thing. Being the only vulnerable one in the relationship was a bitch sometimes.

 

Jazzelle pondered his question before answering. She wanted to protect her heart but she also knew if she let fear and Darius dictate her love life, she would always lose.

 

“I’ve never been this happy in my life and you treat so well. I really don’t deserve half the stuff you do for me but you do them anyway. You haven’t once made me cry, disrespected me, or degraded me. I care about you Justin.”

 

Justin smiled tenderly as he kissed her cheek.

 

“Just care?”

 

Jazzelle sighed, finally ready to admit what she had been holding in for weeks.

 

“Fine. I’m in love with you.”

 

“Are you sure?”Justin asked, making certain she knew what she was saying so she couldn't take it back at a later date. Her love was all he wanted from her. The rest would fall into place.

 

To his surprise she pulled his face toward hers and gently kissed him. Nothing passionate, just a soft, wordless confirmation of her love.

 

“I’m positive.”

 

Justin couldn't help smiling as his heart warmed and the sense of completeness enveloped him. He squeezed her and kissed her forehead, a silent thank you for giving him an opening to her heart.

“I'll make you the happiest woman in the world. I promise you.”

 

 

 

The End

 

Music by: Chris Brown "Ya man ain't me"

 

 

This story archived at http://https://www.valentchamber.com/vault/viewstory.php?sid=340