Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
stories/537/images/adena2.jpgstories/537/images/craig2.jpgstories/537/images/felicia3.jpgstories/537/images/taye4.jpgstories/537/images/kim2.jpg


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Capricorn Male- Behavior and Personality Traits
* is dignified in his manner and very polite
* seems unapproachable and self-protective
* is totally reliable in pursuit of an aim
* takes his time sizing up other people before he will relax enough to share his inner warmth
* seeks honor but is not interested in becoming famous; on the contrary, he avoids publicity
* has strong opinions but is not at all vain

*

"THERE YOU ARE, YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKERS!"a girl said as she came out of the elevator."You two are gonna listen to me, and your gonna listen now! You have to choose between me and that bitch Adena!"

"Excuse me!"Adena said angrily,"I'm Adena, who the hell are you?"she said as Craig attempted to hold her back

The woman looked at her, startled that THE Adena was standing there, then she gave an evil smirk,"I'm Craig's girlfriend....and Taye's too"she said

Adena stared at her with a hateful look,"Your the lipstick bitch?"she said and then jumped toward her and Craig held her back. Taye stared at Adena with shock, Adena never fought in her life!

"Yeah girl, we are both gettin' played!"she said

"Felicia, shut the hell up. Adena, she is not my girlfriend"Craig said to her as he held her back but she struggled out of his grasp. "She left me for Taye actually, he's the guy she's been seeing for the past few months. So I broke it off with her, she just believes we are together when Taye doesn't give her the time of day"

"Craig, you still love me. You know you do. You too Taye. We need to settle this once and for all. Do you want me or her!?"Felicia yelled, she looked at Taye,"You promised me that once your divorce was final we would start a life together but now you wanna go crawling back to her? And what happened to all those I miss you messages Craig? You left me one last week. Don't tell me your feelings have changed!?"

"YES!"Craig said,"I moved on and you obviously have too! With a married man!"he said as he looked at Taye. He bit down on his lip so he wouldn't say anything else that he would later regret. For the first time in his life, he wanted to hit this girl. He wanted to beat Taye's ass for hurting Adena. How did Felicia get in on this? It was a small fucking world.

"Fine fuck you Craig. Taye you need to own up to your shit alright? You cheated on your wife with me and you promised you would let me move in! Don't give me this I changed my mind shit! You told me you didn't love her anymore, so why crawl back to her? Why? Cuz you still ain't got a job?"

Before Taye could even think about it, Adena slapped Felicia across the face. Felicia fell back, stunned. "I barely even know you. But I know you will be the one person that I will hate for the rest of my life. You ruined a marriage, like it wasn't an unbreakable bond that two people had made. You ruined it, like....it was something easily broken and no one cared about! I put my heart, soul, time, and strength into this marriage and YOU fucked it up! You officially ruined my life...you too Taye. I never want to see any of you again"she said as she started to cry and went toward the back door and went down the stairs. Craig following her.

Taye couldn't say anything, he just stood there in shock. He looked at Felicia,"Is this what you wanted? I hope your happy"

"You need to make a choice. You cant string the two of us along! Its not my fault, your in this shit too!"Felicia shouted at him as Rick and Gladys Capricorn came up to them.

"Where's our daughter?"Rick asked

"She left. It's best that we leave her alone"Taye said,"I'm sorry. You two didn't get one word in to your daughter-"

"Its unfortunate"Rick said as he sized up Felicia. Who was she? And why was she staring at Taye like that. Then he instantly knew. "We're leaving Gladys"

"But-"

"We're leaving. Adena can keep running. Taye can keep acting like a child. But we are not going to get caught up in this. Adena knows that she will need to turn to us and we will wait for as long as it takes"he said harshly to his wife. He looked at Taye,"I have a feeling its over between you two. Get those divorce papers drawn up as soon as possible or I will do it myself"he said sternly and then looked at Felicia,"This mess you got my daughter in has gone on long enough and I will not tolerate it"he said and then walked off. Gladys obediently following him.

*

Capricorn siblings or spouses should remember never to try to make the other one conform to his or her ideas of how things should be done

*

"Adena please, don't run, please don't run away from me"Craig said as he followed Adena to the back parking lot where her car was parked."Lets talk about this"

"There's nothing to talk about"Adena said as she struggled to find her keys in her purse,"I will come back for my things when I have time"

"Dena, don't leave....where are you going to go?"

"It doesn't matter-"

"IT DOES MATTER! YOU MATTER TO ME ADENA! PLEASE!"Craig shouted at her

"Look Craig, did you expect this to last forever or something? That I would seek solace in your apartment for the rest of my life? Not have a job and just club all night and sleep in the next day? No I need to make something of myself. I'm not going to sit back and not get my life back together. I need to get my job back, my life back-"

"You can but you can't keep running"Craig said saying each word slowly and carefully

"I have to leave, this situation hasn't made me better, at anything"

"Oh thanks"Craig scoffed,"I'm sorry but this time last week, you were some drunk, snotty nosed girl who thought she lost her job, who was too drunk and passed out to drive home. This time last week you were some insecure girl who couldn't take care of herself, didn't know what to do about anything, couldn't make a decision for herself or face anyone. This time last week you turned to a complete stranger and that was me Adena! God forbid...I mean who fucking knows where you would be if I wasn't there-"

"Ok! ALRIGHT!"she shouted at him,"THANK YOU CRAIG FOR BEING A SUPERMAN, THANK YOU CRAIG FOR SAVING MY LIFE! IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT?"

"You know that's not what I want. I want you to stay and talk to me. Don't run. I don't think of myself as superman-"

"You do. You came to my rescue and I'm thankful for that, I am. But you cant keep saving me. You barely know me. I barely know you. I mean you throw me this surprise party to help me forget last year but I will never forget last year Craig, because I'm not ready. Everything is going too fast and I cant do it anymore. I cant hold on to you and be dependent on you. Because that brought out feelings Craig. Feelings that I know that you cant return"

"Feelings? Adena....if you feel something for me, don't deny it, lets talk-"

"NO!"

"WHY!?"

"Because I'm married, because you barely know me and me the same with you, you've been out with my best friend, you have slept with strippers-"

"What?"he asked

"Ron told me how you used to be, how he missed the 'old Craig'. Do you still do that? I mean, once I leave you can go back to your old tricks..or back to that Felicia person-"

"Stop it. I'm not that person anymore. I haven't been for quite sometime now. I have no feelings for Missy either. We have been planning this surprise party and that's it"

"The bottom line is I'm not ready. Your not ready. We don't know each other"

"Then lets get to know each other! Adena, I feel like I do know you. I know that you love blueberry waffles, pina coloda baths, Denzel Washington movies and Tony Blackwell paintings. I know that your passion is to have a family and be one of the biggest dealers in the world and have every Blackwell painting in your penthouse loft. Your anal and you can be really rude and barely smile and your a neat freak and you have a slight OCD problem that gets on my nerves. You sometimes drool when you sleep, you bite your lip and cry when your nervous. You tend to run away from anything that makes you uncomfortable. You are hard working, organized to the T, loyal, respectful, faithful, fearless, realistic, but your egotistical, unforgiving, your way is always best, you can really hurt people and find a way to hurt someone's feelings intentionally, critical, a fucking perfectionist that hates surprises....if I don't know you...."he said and took a breath,"I spent this whole week getting to know you because I'm interested in you Adena, yes. I want to be around you and learn more about you. I want to see you smile and laugh. I'm sorry again about this party and everything that went with it. I just wanted to make you happy and maybe it was unrealistic to think that I could make you forget last year...but its the thought that counts right? Ive been obsessed with this birthday thing because of my own personal experiences...."he said and decided to stop talking.

Adena stared at him with tears in her eyes, he described her to the T and it scared her. How could he know so much about her? But she didn't know anything about him? "I have to go"she said as she opened her door. "This is best for us"

Craig shook his head,"Yeah alright.....'your way is always best' Adena"he said. He stood there as she got in her car and then sped off. Feeling less of a man.

*

Capricorns' quiet, unflappable natures are perfect for serious work under pressure

*

1 week later....

Adena stayed in a hotel for a few days. She never left or called anyone. And surprisingly no one called her- which was hard for all of them, but everyone knew that she wouldn't speak til she felt it was the best time for them to speak to her and they had to respect that. For those few days she soaked in her pina colada baths, read 4 novels, did every crossword puzzle in the paper, knitted a few pairs of gloves, hats and scarves, ordered room and a masseuse service and decided on which apartment she wanted. She then called, they checked her perfect credit and she paid the deposit and every other fee. Now she was standing in her empty apartment with the key in her hand and smiled. She went straight to the window and looked at the view. It was a view of the Hudson and in the distance she could see the Statue of Liberty and she could see every huge skyscaper in Manhattan. She ordered all her furniture online and the movers were moving in everything. By the end of the night, everything was moved in and Adena smiled as she made her queen sized bed. She ordered 3 satin and chenille bedding sets from Victoria's Secret in navy blue, raisin and black. She smiled as she properly placed the throw pillows down and then jumped into bed and smiled happily. She ordered in Chinese and made her list of things to do for the next day.

The next day, she stocked her apartment with groceries and random knick knacks that would make it her own. Then she went to Donatella's gallery.

"You look well"Donatella said as they walked into her office and she sat behind her desk,"How have you been Adena? Its been 2 weeks"

"Yes it has. Ive officially moved out of the apartment, I have my own place and Ive used those days off that you gave me to just relax. I am officially stress free and I would like to come back"

Donatella looked at her with surprise,"Are you sure that 2 weeks is enough time? Is everything finalized already?"

"2 weeks is more than enough time for me to be myself again. Honestly, everything is not finalized as far as the divorce, its going to take some time, but in the meantime, I want to come back and do what I do best"she said

Donatella smiled,"Well I personally think that you need more time. But you look much better, I'm loving this new outfit you have"

Adena laughed,"I had to splurge Donatella"

"Oh I know"Donatella said with a smile,"Ok well starting tomorrow your back. I cant plan my annual Valentines Day showing without you, you know"she said

Adena smiled and hugged her,"Thank you Dona"she said and then gave her a red pair of gloves, hat and scarf. "This is for you. This is what 2 weeks off does to me"she said with a laugh

The next day, she worked and from then on she worked hard. She didn't mind doing overtime because the Valentine's Show was a huge event. It also took her mind off of other things, and people, such as Craig. She did miss him terribly. But she wasn't sure how to get into contact with him and was afraid that she wasn't ready. But she wasn't sure if she ever would be.

*

Capricorns are jewelers, funeral directors, art dealers, anthropologists, and managers of musicians and other entertainers

*

Kim walked out of the office and out onto the sidewalks of Manhattan, she walked at a fast pace as if in a race with everyone else on the sidewalks at rush hour. She heard a voice behind her and turned to see Taye. "Taye? How are you?"she asked him as she gave him a friendly hug.

"I'm alright. I had a late interview and I know that you work on this side of town so I figured I tried to catch you"Taye said with a smile

"That's great, you think it went well?"she asked him

"I think so"he said,"Did you want to get some dinner or something? I haven't seen you since....well you know"he said, referring to Adena's disastrous surprise party.

"Yeah I know"she said with a nod. She missed Adena and so did he, but there was nothing they could do. They all knew that. "Sure, there's this new soul food type of place that just opened. Its one block down"she suggested. And they did so, they had a long conversation over some steak, mashed potatoes and red wine. They talked about the divorce, how her job was going, how his job search was going and any random topics. They took the subway together and he walked her to her place and then took a cab home.

Soon it developed into a pattern and they met a few times a week and soon it was an everyday thing. "Did you want to come in?"she asked Taye as he walked her to her door.

"Sure, thanks"he said as he walked in. "I cant wait til it gets warmer"he said

"Oh me too"she said,"You want something to drink? Something that can warm you up?"she asked him

"Got some Pinot Grigio?"he asked her. She nodded and she poured them some glasses and they sat on her sofa and talked for hours. Then there came a point in the conversation when they didn't say a word and they sipped on their wine. "I think I will be ok"he said with a nod

"What do you mean?"

"I mean without Adena. Is it bad to say that I'm used to not seeing her, not obsessed with where she is at all times. Shes said she didn't want to see me ever again. She kept her word. Ive come to terms with it. The divorce is going well, shes cooperating. Ive been sending everything that she needed to sign to her job and she gets back to me by signature. She doesn't even want anything, money, her possessions. Is it bad to say that I feel refreshed? I'm anxious about this new start that I have"

"Its not bad"Kim said,"You both have been hurting. You both have moved on"

"Yeah and Felicia finally got the hint. I saw her at the bar with another guy. She'll be fine I'm sure"he said as he drank the last of his wine. "I'm glad I can talk to you Kim. I'm glad your not like Adena and Missy and think that I'm the scum of the earth"

"Your not and they don't think like that"

"Your too nice"he said with a laugh

"You should do something for yourself. I have a patient who got dumped and its been affecting him mentally. He cant sleep. He gets sick when he eats. But whenever he goes bungee jumping, he can get a good nights rest and eat like a pig"

"So you want me to bungee jump?"he asked with a laugh

"Well if you want to. He feels that jumping off a bridge helps him let go of everything. Maybe you should do something outrageous"she said

"I'm not into bungee jumping or rock climbing or anything crazy"he said with a laugh as he noticed the bottle of wine was finished,"We are such alcoholics"he said with a laugh, feeling very relaxed as he laid back

"But it warmed you up didn't it?"Kim asked with a laugh as she laid back on the couch and her head almost hit his

"Hey watch it you drunk"he said with a laugh and Kim laughed too but she didn't move away and they stared at each other for a second.

"Adena was a fool to leave you, after everything you tried to do to make it work"she said honestly

Taye looked at her, surprised,"You think so? Your not on her side?"

"Its hard to be on her side when shes being very ungrateful"she said,"Shes basically cut me off"she said sadly as she laid her head on his shoulder,"I'm glad your happy, your better off honestly"

"I'm loving your honesty. Tell me more"he said jokingly

But she took it seriously,"I like your bald head and your white teeth"she said

"Thanks, I have a great barber and dentist"he said with a laugh

"I love talking to you too"she said. Then she did something that she wanted to do for days. Even years, when Adena introduced them back in college. She kissed him and he didn't hesitate to give it back....

*

The person who partners Capricorn can expect stability, security, and success

*