Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Capricorn as Employer
A typical Capricorn boss (male or female):
* does not neglect family life for business, and family members may visit him or her at work
* is kind but expects obedience to the rules
* has a strong sense of duty and works very hard
* is not a good mixer, but others trust him or her
* does not give perks but responds when people are in need
* takes responsibilities very seriously, and so may neglect personal needs
* dresses conservatively and is well organized
* can keep complex operations moving smoothly

*

Adena walked into her apartment and went straight to the bathroom and ran a bath. Work was exhausting today, with Valentine's Day only a week away. It seemed that they weren't any closer to being done. Donatella was feeling the pressure and was being a real bitch but Adena kept her cool, unlike Lloyd who cried like a baby. But he was really sensitive anyway. She stripped down as the water ran and she poured the pina colada bath bubbles in. She put her hair up and soon she was in the bath, resting, for once. She didn't move or wash anything, she just laid there, enjoying the hot water on her aching joints. But then she started to think about things besides work, things that she forced herself not to think about. The divorce....Taye....that bitch Felicia....Craig....how he described her to a T that night in the parking lot....all their good times together....watching movies, clubbing, drinking, not having a care in the world. But it was over now...she was back to dealing art and being serious about life. Those two weeks off made her very rusty and she had to work her ass off. But she missed Craig....a lot....what was he doing now? Was he at the club? Did he find a good day job yet? She dried her hand off with a towel and reached for her cell phone and looked for Craig's cell number. She was about to press call...when something stopped her. What was she going to say? Then she saw 'Home' in her phonebook and sighed. Enough was enough.

"Hello? Mom.....hi....its me......"she laughed,"I know you know who it is...I just felt like I had to say that. How are you? I'm fine....no really I am....its just things happened so quickly you know....is that Dad? Put him on speaker....Hey Dad. I'm ok....no really. I wanted to check in. Finally. I'm fine Dad really. Um now that I got you both on here...and sorry for calling so late but....I'm sorry. What I did was unfair but that was the only thing that I came up with to solve it and it went from there. I wasn't mad that you were at the party, just didn't expect one and didn't expect you all to know. I'm just so sorry. I love you both so much....please forgive me"she said to her parents.

For the next two hours, they all got caught up and a small part of her felt like the old Adena, once again.

*

They generally make good bankers, systems analysts, accountants, researchers, dentists, architects, engineers, manufacturers, and politicians

*

Craig sighed as he placed the flowers on top of the grave. It was accompanied by many others, by other members of his family. He wiped the tears as he traced his fingers along the etchings in the headstone.

Amanda Evette David
February 1st, 1997- September 21, 2005
Beloved daughter, sister, cousin, friend, classmate
"I wanna fly with the angels one day"

He smiled as he read the last line. Once Amanda had learned about angels in church she wanted to be one too. She was more fascinated in the wings, halo and flying more than anything. Now she actually was...but it wasn't fair, not yet. She was too young.

"Hey 'Manda"he said,"Today would be your 11th birthday...ugh...its funny....but Ive been thinking about you a lot lately. I actually met a girl, a friend....a few weeks ago reminded me of you. I don't know it was something about her. She kinda looked like you....I'm sorry but I try not to think about you. Because its hard and your supposed to be here. You had your whole life ahead of you....but you really wanted to fly with those angels didn't you? I just miss you little sis. I wish I could throw you another surprise party because I know how much you loved them. I'm more of a birthday guy now too. Yeah, can you believe it? You made me realize that life is very short...and you should be thankful for everyday because in an instant....you get my point. I love you Baby Girl. I promise I will come by more often. It's just been hard. I love you"he said and he got up in a hurry and walked out of the cemetery. It was always hard visiting but he never would forgive himself if he never went.

He walked into his apartment and he heard loud moans coming from Ron's bedroom. He went straight to his room and closed and locked the door. He found his Ipod and turned the music up to the highest volume and tuned them out.

*

Capricorns prefer to work in private

*

Missy laid next to Ron breathlessly, she couldn't count how many times she orgasmed, how many times she felt like she couldn't take it and then the many times when she didn't care and just fucked the shit out of him. She was loving every minute of it. Ron lit a cigarette and opened the window and lit one for her too. "Thanks"she said,"I'm glad your 48 hour shift is over. That's too long to go without it"

"Really? Only 48 hours? Try 48 seconds"he said with a laugh. They talked for a little while but then she got to touching him again and they did it all over again, this time standing up. "Damn girl, your gonna make me marry you"

"Go ahead, your a doctor"she said

"I love your honesty"he said, and he really did. She wasn't fake. He knew the appeal was that he was a doctor...well almost. He was an intern but same thing. They walked into the kitchen and Craig was in the kitchen making some food. "Oh that shit smells good, you got any for us?"

"Sure"Craig said sadly and then took his plate into his room and shut the door.

"Whats wrong with him?"Missy asked him."Do you think its Adena?"

Ron shook his head as he made himself a plate,"Surprisingly, no...its something else"he said. He felt like a fuck head. He totally forgot that today was Craig's little sister's birthday...or would have been. Craig rarely got that depressed. He only got depressed on her birthday and the anniversary of her death. He still blamed himself....

Craig ate the food in his room as he listened to his Ipod, he checked his email and noticed a message from one of the restaurants he applied to. Another surprise that he did for Adena. He wanted to show her that he was serious about a job in the culinary arts, that he took her ideas seriously. So he went ahead and applied to some very high class restaurants. Its been weeks however, and he thought that it was a joke. But the email said that they wanted to interview him. He smiled for the first time that day.

*

Any occupation that requires good organization and smart management, but which does not require the Capricorn to be the front person

*

"Shit......shit! What the fuck are we going to do?"Donatella yelled at the both of them. Lloyd just looked at her clueless, tears forming in his eyes. The Valentine's Day show was days away and one of the artists just dropped out because they made the decision to finally go to rehab for their heroin addiction. Adena admired the fact that he did, he needed to do it a long time ago but Donatella felt differently. She wished he would have waited to get his life together after Valentines Day.

"There are many other artists in New York City Dona, hell, you know many in Miami, Chicago, LA....all you have to do is pick up the phone. Its not the end of the world"she said rationally

"I cant deal with this. I have a showing to open. I have no time to be calling and auditioning artists. This was very irresponsible of him. To be honest, his work is going to suffer greatly"she said as she lit a cigarette and inhaled. "His work is so much better when he had that shit in his system. It will never be the same"

"Well if you cant deal, then we can just use the artists that we have-"

"No, we need a replacement. Find one. Now"she barked at the both of them and then waved them out of the office.

"Shit..."Lloyd said to himself

"Lloyd look up all of her artists. The best ones, I'll make the phone calls"she said to him. And she did, but many of them thought she was crazy, they couldn't produce work in a few days. Some said that they may have some artwork that was appropriate and would call her back. She was in the office for hours. Two days went by and no word from anyone and then finally someone called with some work.

They sent Donatella the prints and she frowned but shrugged. "That will have to do"

Adena had to reprint the publicity with the new artists' work added and emailed it to everyone on their mailing list and she hung it up all over town.

Soon it was the big day. Adena cleaned up the gallery, made sure that the artwork was hung correctly, that the catered food would arrive on time and was the correct amount and had the correct products.

"The catering company's here"Lloyd said nervously

"Thank God"she said as she went over to the door as a team of cooks walked in bringing in tables and pans of prepared food,"Right on time!"she said happily to the group,"You can all set up everything over here and if you need anything just let me know-"she said and stopped short when she saw Craig amongst the team of cooks. And for once, in the weeks that she has been back at work, she was speechless.

*

They are also to be found on radio and television interview programs; their quiet, unflappable natures are perfect for serious work under pressure.

*