Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Typical Behavior and Abilities
When at home, a Capricorn man or woman:
* really enjoys providing for the family and having visits from relatives
* likes having a routine and an organized household
* wants quality furniture and fixtures
* is basically loyal to home and family
* needs home as a safe haven for personal pleasure and business entertaining

*

Adena didn't know what to do and she sat there and cried. She then got herself together and went back out to Craig. "So, what is it? Are you alright babe?"he asked as he gave her a hug. She didn't look too good and he didn't know if it was because the news was bad or she just still felt sick.

She wanted to tell him, but then something told her no. Not yet. "The results aren't in, it was complicated, they had to take more complicated tests..."

"Oh I'm sorry, I know how you hate blood tests. You should have called me back there-"

"I'm fine, I just need to lay down"she said to him and he took her home. He helped her to lay down and made her some soup and a sandwich but she didn't want to eat. She was having a baby. There was a small, living and breathing body living inside of her. The thought made her sick, but excited. She always wanted to have Taye's children. But it came at the worst of times. Great, now she was going to be alone and a single mother. Why would Craig want to be around Taye's child? He despised the man and would probably despise his seed. She laid there and rubbed her tummy when Craig came in with some tea.

"Do you think that you can keep tea down?"he asked her, she still didn't look good

"I'm scared"she said

"But its liquid. If you throw up, it wont hurt but you need your strength. I'm tempted to call Ron"Craig said as he gave her the mug.

"Why? Why would you need to call Ron?"

"He's the only doctor I trust"Craig said,"He knows what he's talking about. He can help out. Lemme call him, Missy will be with him probably. You can have some company and a check up"

"No, I don't want to see anybody else. Those are good doctors. They just...cant find it"

"Well maybe you need another opinion"Craig disagreed

"I don't need another opinion. I don't want Ron poking me and giving me a blood test in my bedroom"she snapped. She sighed,"I think I just need to be alone, ok? I'll call you. I need rest"she said. Craig nodded and kissed her on her forehead and then her lips.

"You'll call me right?"he asked her

"Yes...."she said. He wasn't convinced but he said goodbye to her and left. Adena sat there and thought about it. She could just get rid of it. Did she want a reminder of Taye to be running around? Would she have time to take care of a child while she dealt art? After the Valentine's Day show, Donatella's gallery got busier. There was even an offer to get her a bigger gallery. Donatella would want her full cooperation and attention, she couldn't be as big as a house while she did that. Yeah, maybe she should get rid of it. She'll make the arrangements when she had the strength. She then closed her eyes and went to sleep.

*

Their resistance to disease improves with age.

*

Adena sighed as she was led into a room. The nurse had her sit on a table, she saw the stirrups that she would have to put her feet in. She saw the utensils. She wanted to throw up but sat on the table and waited for the doctor.

The door then opened and a girl came in wearing a bathing suit and carrying balloons. "Hi Adena"the child said

"Are you my doctor?"Adena asked her

"Oh! Ive always wanted to be a doctor!"the girl said with a giggle."What are you doing here?"

"Its hard to explain"

"Are you sick?"

"I'm pregnant, to some people its the same thing"

"That's great! A little you. Ive always wanted to be a mother"the girl said with a giggle,"I want to have lots of kids"

"Me too....well I did"

"Why not?"the girl asked her as she put up the balloons but kept her attention on her

"This couldn't come at a worst time"

"Babies are perfect. They only come when your ready. So your ready"the child said wisely

"No its not perfect. I'm....I'm divorced now and this is my ex husband's child. It's his. I hate him and never want to see him again. This child is his and I don't want a reminder of that relationship"Adena said adamantly

"I need more blue balloons"the child said

"Are you listening to me?"she asked her

"Uh huh"the child said,"Babies are innocent. Why are you mad at it? Why do you hate it?"

"I don't hate the child"

"What are you doing here?"the child asked again as more children came in the room

"Get out, tell them to get out"she said to the girl as the children began to run around and play

"Not yet, we are having a surprise party for your baby"she said,"Ive always loved surprise parties when Craig threw them for me"

"Amanda?"Adena asked

"What?"she asked her

"Your....Amanda?"she asked her and then all the children started to sing happy birthday and then Adena woke up in a cold sweat.

*

Famous Capricorns: Saint Joan of Arc (French Heroine)

*

Adena cried after the dream. What the hell was that? What the hell was wrong with her subconscious? Was she going crazy now? She sat there and cried. She couldn't kill the baby. But why did she have a dream about Craig's little sister? It seemed so real. Amanda said that babies were perfect and innocent and they only come when your ready for them. Adena had been for a long time but the divorce changed everything. Then it hit her, she had to tell him. She got out of bed and took a shower and threw on some clothes. She drove to Taye's apartment, hoping he still lived there but doubted that he moved. She took the elevator up to the apartment and when she turned to the right to go to the door. She saw the door was open and three guys were standing in front of it drinking beer and laughing. There was loud music coming from inside. Did Taye still party?

"Hey you here for the party?"one of the guys asked her. She never met them before, must be new friends of his. They didn't seem to recognize her either.

"Yeah....what's it for?"she asked them

"Oh, Taye's celebrating his new job and ugh a divorce or something"

"He's celebrating a divorce?"she asked in shock

"Yeah supposedly the girl was a bitch"he said,"Never get married"he said to her and the guys nodded in agreement. She wanted to slap all of them.

"Is he here?"she asked. The guy nodded his head inside and she walked in. There was a lot of people and she asked one of them where he was. They pointed down the hall to the bedroom, the light was on, door open. Could she really talk to him now? Yes, she had to, this was important and unfortunately it couldn't wait.

She approached the bedroom. The bedroom. Her old bedroom. Their old bedroom. This was the room where this baby was made. Perfect place to tell him about it. She walked in and gasped.

There was Taye laying on the bed with Kim, her best friend on top of him, making out. Taye noticed her and jumped up,"Oh shit. Adena? What? What are you doing here?"he asked her in shock, not expecting to see her. After all, she did say she never wanted to see him again. "Adena?"he asked but she was staring at Kim, with hate. "Adena..."

"Wow, you must be really happy"Adena said with a smile. "Things must be going great for you"she said as she looked at Taye. Something about her smile was scary and there was something about her that wasn't quite right. What was wrong with her? "They say that your celebrating a new job and a divorce because supposedly I was a real bitch. And now you have a new one. You always surprise me with these girls Taye. Where do you pick them up from?"

"Adena, you know he didn't pick me up from anywhere"Kim said."Adena, I know how this looks. How it could look. But lets all sit down and talk about this. It wasn't planned, it just happened"

"Yeah my divorce just happened and you just happened to fall on top of him on our- sorry, his bed?"

"Look Adena, we need to talk"Kim said rationally, but she saw what Taye saw, something wasn't right with her. Something was wrong."Lets sit down and talk about this, you two never had closure and I think you need it more than anybody"

"You need to get your ass kicked more than anybody!"Adena shouted at her. "YOUR MY BEST FRIEND KIM!? OUR DIVORCE HASN'T EVEN BEEN FINAL FOR A WEEK AND YOUR ALREADY FUCKING MY EX HUSBAND?!"she yelled at her,"YOU TWO DON'T WASTE ANYTIME DO YOU? DOES THE WORD 'REBOUND' MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU? DOES THE PHRASE 'TAKE THINGS SLOW' MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU? YOU COULDN'T WAIT TO GET ME OUT OF THE PICTURE COULDN'T YOU?"she shouted at them

"Adena, please lets be calm about this-"

"I CAN'T BE CALM ABOUT THIS! I NEED TO SPEAK WITH TAYE RIGHT NOW! ITS IMPORTANT"

"What you can say to me, you can say in front of Kim"Taye said firmly to her.

Adena looked at Taye,"Fine"she said with a smirk."I'm pregnant and its yours"she said. Taye and Kim stared at her with shock and then what shocked them even more was that Adena fell to the floor.

*

Sensitivity to other people's feelings and an understanding of other people's difficulties should be taught in practical situations -- but without emotional pressure.

*

Taye and Kim took Adena to the Manhattan hospital. Oddly enough, Ron attended to her and he wondered why Adena was with Taye in the first place. Craig mentioned that she was sick in bed at her place and he was worried. He felt that she was mad at him and didn't know why. But there was nothing wrong with her. But she was pregnant. Taye explained that Adena didn't look right to him, that something was wrong. But nothing was. She was pregnant and exhausted and shocked by the whole situation. She fainted under the pressure. She hit her head when she fell but she was fine.

Craig rushed in with Missy and he was surprised to see Taye there, holding Kim's hand. She quickly dropped his hand. "Is she alright?"Craig asked Ron

"She's fine, she's exhausted and....pregnant"Ron said

"With what?"Missy asked in shock

"With a baby Miss"Kim said with a shake of her hand,"She claims its Taye's"

"It cant be mine"Taye said as he looked at Craig,"Its his"

"Unfortunately not, I have no substantial proof that the child is mine"Craig said in shock,"Unless I'm Joseph and she's Mary"he said. He and Adena haven't gone that far yet.

"Would you mind taking a test Mr. Haughton?"Ron asked Taye. "She is very adamant that it's yours. I believe her but I guess we need to run some tests"

"Sure"Taye said,"I'll be back. Don't worry"he said to Kim as he held her hand

Missy gasped,"Fuck!"she said,"Your fucking Taye!?"

Kim looked embarrassed,"I wouldn't call it fucking Missy-"

"Ohmyfuckinggod! How could you do this? To your best friend!? You know how much she loved him, how this whole divorce shit was hurting her-"

"No I didn't, she kicked me out of her life. I haven't spoken to her since she yelled at me at her surprise party. I don't know what she thinks anymore"

"So that's an excuse to sleep with her ex?"

"That wasn't the reason Missy, we are together because we have feelings for each other. It just happened. I don't have to explain myself"

"Oh yes the fuck you do"Missy said angrily and Craig stopped her.

"Does she know?"he asked her

Kim nodded,"Something wasn't right. Taye threw a party today because he got a new job. I don't know if Adena heard about it or what. She caught Taye and I kissing...she blew up at us, told Taye she was pregnant and that its his and fainted. Now shes here"

"Your such a fucking bitch"Missy said to her

"I don't have to listen to this. You can take her side, whatever, but don't call me names Missy"

"Of course I'm gonna take her side, that's what best friends do. Best friends don't get revenge on their friends by fucking their ex husbands a week after the divorce is final"Missy said to her,"Just because its final on paper, doesn't mean its final to her. But you didn't think about that did you?"

Kim only looked at the floor as Ron approached them,"Where's Taye?"

"Room 312-B"he said and she walked off. He looked at Craig,"Dude, I'm sorry I thought you knew-"

"Can we see her?"Craig asked

"No you go ahead"Missy said,"I need a black"she said as she got a black and mild out of her purse and walked off. Kim really pissed her off.

"Yeah, right there"Ron said as he pointed to the door to Adena's room. Adena was laying there, crying softly. She looked up at Craig and started to cry more.

"I'm so sorry Craig...."she said as she cried. He walked up to her and held her. Not sure about what was in store for them now

*

Capricorns also need to be taught how to express their own very sensitive inner emotions in ways that will not cause them embarrassment

*