Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Working Environment:
The workplace of a typical Capricorn man or woman:
* must be comfortable, like a home away from home
* must be tidy and well organized
* should have a framed photo of the family on the desk
* must not have money wasted on it unnecessarily

*

"I don't know what to do"Adena said,"I cant....get rid of it. But I'm not with him...."

"I know..."Craig said,"You are just gonna do what you have to do. He doesn't think its his"

"He said that?"

He nodded,"He said its not his, said it was mine. But we both know that couldn't happen"he said,"Ron's gonna do a blood test"

"He doesn't need a test! Its his! Unlike him, he's the only one I slept with, I stayed faithful"

"Calm down Adena. I know its....unfortunate..."

"You believe me don't you? I mean I wish it wasn't his. But he had a right to know"

"I believe you. I just cant believe that you didn't tell me. Why did you lie?"

"I dunno....do you even want to be with me anymore?"

"I'm not with you Adena. We aren't together officially"he said

"I know but....we....we are closer than friends.....but now with this baby....you probably don't want to...."she tried to say but couldn't get the words out

"Adena"he said as he took her hand,"Baby or no baby. My feelings are the same. I want to be with you, but you aren't ready and I'll wait. I wanna help you through this. I don't want this to change what we have....unless you feel its best....the ball is in your court"he said

"I want you around....I need you...."Adena admitted and Craig kissed her

"Is that officially?"he asked her

Adena smiled. Why not? Craig has been there when no one else was. She genuinely liked him and loved him as a person. "Yeah....we're official"she said

*

A typical Capricorn likes to be doing something, even when relaxing

*

The results came out positive but Taye seemed like he didn't want to believe it. After the visit to the hospital, he decided to stay out of the situation. Adena seemed happy with her DJ boyfriend and he was happy with Kim. They didn't need her. The divorce was final anyway, he had nothing to give her anymore and what was the point? She wanted nothing from him. So he blocked it out of his mind. Pretended that it didn't happen. Kim always wanted to ask what he was feeling, why he was bottling it up inside. But he always snapped at her or changed the subject.

Adena told her parents and they were happy but worried about the position this put her in now. They were also very upset that Taye didn't step up at least but the whole situation was complicated. Adena and Craig visited them a few times and her mother loved Craig. Her father didn't, he was another man to him and he didn't want Adena hurt again. But he put on fake smiles and carried on in the conversation when he needed to but when he wasn't, he was sizing Craig up. It made him uncomfortable.

"Your old man hates me"Craig admitted to her as they got into his car and drove back toward the city.

"No he doesn't. He's just worried about me. Its only March and the first 3 months of this year he had to suffer through me getting a divorce, disappearing and not speaking to him and now I'm pregnant with Taye's baby. He's worried about me, I am too"

"What are you worried about?"

"I'm scared"she said as she touched her belly,"Ive worked hard to keep this belly flat"

"I know, I love it"he said and he kissed her hand as they drove,"But that pregnant belly is gonna look fine on you too"

"No I'm gonna have a fat ass"she said,"Mom says it will show in three months. I'm already at two months"she said,"I'm gonna have to tell Donatella...."she said and then shook her head,"No I don't have to tell her"

"Why wouldn't you tell her?"

"What if she lets me go?"

"She wont"

"Shes done it before"

"Well shes gonna have to give you maternity leave"

"No I mean....Donatella....shes weird. I have a feeling that having a woman the size of a house selling artwork will turn her off. I mean me going through a divorce was a turn off and she demanded that I take time off"

"Having a baby is different than getting a divorce"

"If it has a chance of ruining Donatella's image, business, whatever....its the same thing"she said,"I'm not going to tell her yet. Not yet"

"Ok suit yourself"he said as they merged onto the Long Island Expressway and he got silent. He always did when he drove along the expressway because on this very expressway was where the accident was 2 1/2 years ago. Adena held his hand as they drove, a little tighter. Once they got to her apartment, he was still silent.

"You alright?"she asked him.

He only nodded,"Maybe I should go. I'm tired"

"No your not. Stay"she said as she took his hand and led him to her bedroom. She laid down and he laid next to her,"You cant run away from me. I'm the runner in this relationship"she said and he laughed, for the first time in hours

"Is that so?"he asked her as he held her close to him,"Don't even try to run now"he said as he kissed on her neck

"And if I do?"she asked him but couldn't help but let out a moan, his kisses felt so good

"You wont"he said and he kissed her lips and she happily accepted. Soon their tongues and hands were everywhere, it was getting heated. He took off her blouse and then he stopped and sighed,"Sorry"he said, knowing she wasn't ready. He smiled, god he wanted her. "I just cant help myself"he said as he traced his finger down her belly, sending shivers up her spine.

"I cant help myself either"she said,"But why not....help ourselves?"she asked him. He gave her a questioning look. She sat up and took off her pants and threw them to the side, she was only wearing a purple bra and matching cheekies

Craig stared at her beautiful body. "You serious?"he asked her. She nodded. "Your sure?" She nodded again. "Your ready?"

"Yes damn it!"she said as she pulled him on top of her,"Help yourself"she said as she kissed him passionately.

And so he did. He started to kiss down her neck and took off her bra and massaged her breasts and licked and sucked her supple nipples. Adena moaned and arched her back as he did so, his tongue doing wonders that she had never felt before. He could feel her shaking with anticipation and that was his cue to show her another talent. He kissed down her stomach and slowly removed her purple satin panties. He took off his shirt and wifebeater and she stared at his marvelous chest. She opened the drawer on her nightstand and took out a condom.

"Wait"he said and started to kiss up and down each thigh and then slowly he went closer and closer until he was kissing another set of lips. Adena gasped as she felt his tongue deep inside her and moaned out loud as he licked and played with her clit. She clutched the bedsheets and her whole body shook as she had orgasm after orgasm.

She was quite wet when she basically screamed,"Oh Craig I want you"she pleaded to him and he stopped. He smiled at her and wiped his mouth as he took off his pants and boxers and put the condom on and applied some lube. "Come on"she said impatiently. She usually wasn't this impatient but something made her want him more and she couldn't help herself. She's never been this horny before and no one has ever gone down on her like that. It was a whole other experience.

He smiled and got on top of her and slowly slid himself inside of her. She gasped at how huge he was and how small she was. "You ok?"he asked her. She was so tight. Pretty tight for someone who wasn't a virgin but that was alright with him, it felt so good. She nodded and he continued to slowly thrust in and out of her, she surprised him by gyrating on him and soon they were going at a faster speed. Soon she was shouting, moaning and he was too as she had multiple orgasms and got wetter and wetter every time she came. Craig moaned with every thrust, starting to sweat, and loving the fact that her beautiful body was glistening too. She came again and it felt so good and he could feel himself wanting to. She clung to him, legs wrapped around his torso, fingernails digging into his back. He moaned louder and thrust in and out of her faster as he felt himself getting harder. He was almost there, he heard her moan, felt her getting wetter and then he exploded and she did right after,"Oh shit!"he said as he collapsed on top of her,"Shit....."he said as they held each other, bodies sweaty, breathing heavy. "Damn baby, you were worth the wait"

"You too. Your....oh your so good"she said. They laid there for awhile, listening to each other breathe. Then when they had the strength to move, he flushed the condom and they cleaned themselves up and then laid together, bodies intertwined and they soon fell asleep.

*

Capricorns know by instinct when they have found the right partner for this immensely important ritual

*

Craig and Adena couldn't be happier. After their first time, they had sex whenever they could. Craig taught her things that she never discovered about herself and he enjoyed the ride as well. He barely went to his apartment anymore and Ron didn't mind. That allowed him and Missy to be as loud and crazy as they wanted to be. Missy and Ron were going through a type of dominatrix phase right now, all over the apartment. Adena let Craig share her closet and soon he had his own wardrobe set up in there, he even had his own toothbrush, bathrobe and toiletries in the bathroom as well as snacks in the fridge that Adena didn't like to eat, which meant more for him. They were very happy.

However, her mother was right. At around 3 months, she gained about 7, 8 pounds. She started to buy clothes that were a little more loose fitting. Luckily, Donatella didn't notice.

At 4 months, Adena looked at blueprints. She was living in a one bedroom apartment but loved it too much to give it up. So she wanted to add on another bedroom. The blueprints were finalized and the apartment approved it since there was no one living next to her.

At 5 months, Adena and Missy were shopping non stop for everything baby. Baby books, cribs, clothes, diapers and toiletries, toys, etc. They bonded on these trips.

"Two way radio?"Missy asked. "Unless you aren't a heavy sleeper"she asked as she looked at the box

"Throw it in"Adena said,"You can never be too careful"she said. They also bought a baby seat that they can put in the tub so they can wash the baby in it. "I think we are done for today"

"You sure you don't wanna know what the sex is?"Missy asked her

"No I actually want to be surprised"Adena said

"Wow, Adena wants to be surprised? What's gotten into you?"she asked her,"Next thing you know, your gonna want a surprise party"

"Harty har har"Adena said sarcastically,"I want the delivery to be special. I feel that it wont be as special if I know what the sex is. Besides I have a lot of unisex colors and I keep every receipt"she said

"What do you want it to be?"Missy asked her as they left the store and walked to Adena's car

"I.....do want a girl...."she said

"Aw...yeah a girl would be nice. She can be just like you"Missy said,"Where to now?"

"I want some chocolate"Adena said and Missy laughed as they got in the car. They went to her apartment and her freezer was packed with different types of ice cream. They both got huge bowls of ice cream and sat down in the living room and watched tv. Missy noticed something peeking out from under the rug and picked it up. It was a lacy pink thong!

"Girl! You two are freaks!!"she said with a laugh as Adena snatched it from her and blushed. "No wonder you love this fur carpet. Bet it feels sexy huh?"

"Shut up"Adena said as she blushed

"I'm just teasing you. I basically have moved into Ron and Craig's apartment and he hasn't been back to the apartment in weeks. What else could you all be doing?"

"We don't just have sex all the time"Adena said,"We just have it more now. But we are still a normal couple. We still talk and stuff its not like its all we do"

"So how is it?"Missy asked

"Its....great. I...I don't know how to explain it. But the first time I did it, I felt like a virgin you know? He did everything and he....Ive never orgasmed so much in my life"

"Oh I love multiple orgasms. I need them one after the other. It feels great huh? Is he a freak? What position do you do the most?"she asked her and Adena laughed. They then giggled like school girls as they talked about their men, sex, favorite positions. The two of them were happy and they both admitted that they could fall in love with them, which was a surprise for Missy because she didn't believe in the word.

*

The person who contemplates becoming the marriage or business partner of a typical Capricorn must realize that Capricorn will take over the organization of the partner's working life

*

However, everything isn't always perfect. It seemed the larger Adena got, the more upset she got. She had major mood swings. One minute she was laughing, another minute she was tempted to throw something. She and Craig argued a little more lately and sometimes he would leave or she would kick him out in the middle of the night. He would be mad for awhile but knew it was just hormones. She was 7 months pregnant and he couldn't wait for the baby to get here.

Adena was in her office one morning when Lloyd walked into her office. "Don't you knock?"she snapped at him

"Ugh.....I never had to before? Sorry?"he asked her.

"Whatever. What?"she asked him, not looking up from her papers.

"Donatella wants to see you"he said to her

"Ok I'll be up there in a minute-"

"She wants you now. It seems very urgent. And she sounds upset"Lloyd said,"I think she knows"

"How could she not? I'm as big as the fucking Empire State Building"she said, getting mad at herself. Why didn't she tell her sooner? Why did she keep on putting it off? Why does she always do this? "Fine, lets hear what the bitch has to say"she grumbled and got up and walked past Lloyd and went toward the elevator.

"Good luck"Lloyd said weakly. He sighed, Donatella was bad all by herself. He was terrified of her and she knew it. But lately Adena was acting just like her. He couldn't deal with two crazy bitches.

Adena knocked on Donatella's door and asked,"You wanted to see me?"she asked her

"Sit"Donatella said,"I don't want you on your feet too long"she said

Adena sighed as she slowly sat down,"Dona...I was going to tell you-"

"Oh yeah I bet, I bet you were going to tell me right when you are about to give birth in your office or in the middle of an important meeting"

"No-"

"But the worse part of it is...I didn't notice. Until someone called me and asked about the pregnant art dealer. 'Looks like shes gonna drop any second'. 'Is she having twins?' 'Tell her congratulations, when's the baby shower?'"she said mimicking the person. "How far along are you?"

"7 months-"

"Ive seen bigger at 7 months. Are you taking care of yourself?"

"Yes. I get it from my mother. She didn't gain that much weight when she was pregnant with me-"

"Great"she said sarcastically,"When are you due?"

"October 10th. Did they really ask if I'm having twins?"she asked.

"Yes. Why didn't you just tell me Adena? I mean with your divorce, I had to hear it from your ex. Now your pregnant and I hear it from a client. Why cant you tell me these things?"

"Ive been so busy. I....felt that I didn't need to tell you until I really needed to. But then I kept putting it off"

"Well it seems that people like pregnant. And it just so happens that Serena is pregnant as well, you know Antonio's wife? And he has paintings of her nude with that huge pregnant belly of hers. They are very good....I think I'm gonna have a showing. With a birth theme. How fast can we get that going?"

"As soon as possible. Assuming you still want me around..."

"I know your the best, you don't have to tell me. I just don't know what to do when you go on maternity leave. Lloyd cant do it by himself"

"I'm only a few blocks away and I'll be on my feet in no time"

"Sure you will"she said, not believing her. She picked up the phone. "I have two months left before you pop that thing out so I'm gonna take advantage. I'm going to make a few calls. You know what to do. Check my schedule, see when the best time is and lets get this ball rolling"she said

"Is the bitch crazy?"Craig asked her, later that night when she told him about it. Adena came home rather late and he had to reheat her dinner. He was worried about her and she didn't bother to call and now she was telling him her schedule. She may be working nonstop with no days off until the showing went up at the end of September. "You have two months left. You need to slow down"

"No I don't. I need to work. I need to go on like I'm not pregnant. If I sit on my ass....no I refuse to. This is better than I expected. I thought she was gonna throw me out again, punish me or something"

"She is. Shes giving you a stressful schedule when you need to be slowing down and preparing for delivery. Yes the doctors said to go on like life is normal, but be careful. This isn't being careful"

"I want your restaurant to cater. You all did a great job at the Valentine's Day show"

"Are you listening to me?"Craig asked her,"Can't she postpone it? Or have someone else help her? Can you get an assistant?"

"I have one. Lloyd"

"Can you get another one?"he asked her

"Can your restaurant do it?"she asked him

Craig sighed,"I guess. I'm gonna have to ask. I don't know if we are going to be booked"he said, sighing again.

"What is your problem?"Adena asked him

"You know what my problem is. I'm the only one worried about your health and safety. The woman is a slave driver. You need to be slowing down. I don't know how many times I have to say it"

"Then don't say it anymore. I heard you the first hundred times. I get commission off of this. I get bonuses off of this. I need all the money I can get to raise this baby. I mean, what, do you think we can survive off of your measly salary?"she snapped at him. Then she instantly regretted it. She sighed and stood there.

"I thought so. I thought it wasn't as measly as you thought....I was wrong. Thanks for letting me know"he said. She made him feel like shit a lot lately. Like a little boy who couldn't do anything right. "You know what? If I'm not good enough, then find someone else to deal with you because I don't have to do this Adena. This baby isn't mine"

"Oh so your just dealing with me? Your just putting up with me huh? What? Do you think you'll get a prize when the baby pops out? Because you stuck around and Taye didn't?"

"Well you sure are making it challenging Adena. I mean when was the last time you thanked me for anything? I work at the restaurant and at the club, but I still find time to take care of you. Run out at 4 am to get you pickles, deal with your mood swings. You know what? Your right! I should get a fucking prize!"

"Your such a fucking bastard!"she shouted at him,"I can take care of myself! Fine! Ok! You don't have to do it anymore since its sooooo much trouble"

But he didn't say a word. He only replied with a slamming door.

*

Sometimes Capricorn tests the trustworthiness of friends several times

*