Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Capricornean Lucky Connections
Colors: green, black, gray, indigo, violet
Plants: yew, ash, hemp, weeping willow
Perfume: musk
Gemstones: jet, black diamond, onyx, ruby
Metal: lead
Tarot Card: the devil
Animals: goat, donkey

*

"How couldnt it have been lipstick?"Missy Evans asked Adena as they and Kimberly Madison ate lunch together,"Thats a common mistake that guys make.Every woman seems to find lipstick on their guy,it never fails"she said with a sigh

"Unless he wanted you to see it"Kimberly said,"Maybe thats his way of telling you,'Hey Adena,Im not happy we need to fix this or THIS will keep happening'"

"Why cant he just talk to me?"Adena asked,"Why does he need to go out and do that?"

"Reverse psychology"Kimberly said simply.She always found a psychological answer to everything.Thats probably due to her getting her Masters in Psychology at NYU."He's basically not man enough to tell you"

"Dont say that"Adena said,"I still love him,hes man enough for me,its just that lately..."

"He hasnt been acting like it?"Kimberly asked her

"No,all he does is play video games and stay out all night"

"Maybe he is going through his midlife crisis early,he doesnt want to grow up and he just wants to be a college student again.The college student that gets to party and play video games all the time"

"Do you think he regrets marrying me?"Adena asked them.If he missed being a college student,then he probably misses being single.The two of them met their junior year and hit it off great.By the end of their senior year,he proposed.They graduated together and a few months later they had a small wedding ceremony and a romantic honeymoon in Bermuda."I mean before we started going steady and before he got that internship which ended up getting him that job...he just partied all the time...its like hes taking steps backward"

"I dont think he regrets marrying you"Missy said,"He just wants to be married to you and wants to have fun....but the fun is getting to his head.You said so yourself,he said that he's enjoying the fact that he got fired now and hes liking the free time"

"Bottom line is...talk to him.Maybe see a marriage counselor.A lot of young couples do.Its common.Some of them feel like they cant handle the pressures of marriage but dont want to leave.Its ok to ask for help.Thats what I recommend"Kimberly said

"Ok...so what if he says,'Yes Adena...I cheated on you and what you saw was so and so's lipstick...'"Adena said

"Um...leave him!"Missy said

"I cant...divorce is not an option.I hate divorce.It only ends up in heartbreak.We said for better for worse,til death do us part.....death do us part"Adena said

"Well if he admits it...you two have to talk about it.But would you really want to stay with a man that cheats on you?Adena,you are better than that"Kimberly said to her

"Divorce would be such an embarrassment.Everyone would know that we failed"Adena said

"Sometimes embarrassment is better than being unhappy"Kimberly said

*

Inside anyone who has strong Capricornean influences is a person who worries about security -- physical, social, and emotional. A typical Capricorn cannot bear to be embarrassed in public. Sometimes, Capricorn longs to let go a little and to allow themselves to join in on the fun -- let their toes tap in time with the music. But usually a sense of duty and a terrible fear of looking foolish stop them from acting out their desires. Capricorns are also secret romantics who want a perfect and secure love in their lives.

*

"Adena?Can you please stop working?"Donatella asked her with a laugh,"Whatever it is can wait until tomorrow"she said to her

"Are you sure?Because I am almost done"Adena asked her.She threw herself into her work because she was dreading talking to Taye about the lipstick incident.She needed more time to think and she figured she could stay at work until she found the courage and the words to say.

"Huney,go home to your husband"Donatella said to her,"I know how much he means to you.Now go clock out"she said with a laugh

"Ok"Adena said forcing a smile.She saved her work and then got her things together and clocked out.She reached home at about 7.She opened the door to a mess again but she couldnt find Taye anywhere.She sighed.Great,now she had to wait for him to come home and wait to have a conversation that she would rather not have?

She decided to keep herself busy by cooking her famous lasagna.Taye loved it.That took about an hour and he still wasnt back.She set the table with their favorite china.He still wasnt back.She sighed and covered the food.She went into their bedroom and decided to get out of her work clothes and she put on a simple black dress,the one he bought her awhile back.She did her hair and sprayed herself with her favorite musky perfume.He still wasnt back.

She glanced down and saw the shirt again,she picked it up and there was the lipstick stain.Staring back at her,taunting her,haunting her.She threw it back in the hamper and picked up the phone.She called him but all she got was his answering machine."Hey baby"she said to him,"I cooked us our favorite lasagna...just finished.Just wondering where you are....call me...Love you"she said and hung up.

She then went back into the kitchen,poured herself some wine and sat down at the dining room table and waited.

*

Saturn rules the zodiac sign of Capricorn, so anyone whose birth chart has strong Capricornean influence will tend to take life seriously.

*

And waited....

Adena sighed as she poured herself her third glass of wine.It was almost 10 pm and Taye still wasnt back.Where the hell was he?Was he out with his other girl,playing video games,drinking beer and eating greasy pizza?Like a friggin' frat boy!?

She got up angrily and staggered to the kitchen,carrying her full wine glass with her.She took a big gulp and put it down and started to put the food away.She didnt have the strength to eat,she figured that she was mad but she felt more drunk than mad.She put it in the fridge and then stood there and drank some more,"How...dare he..."she said to herself.She wanted to make up,she wanted to say sorry...she wanted to talk.Now that she had alcohol in her system she knew what exactly to say.

She walked into the bedroom and looked at herself in the mirror on her vanity."Look at me Taye.Im drinking for God sakes.Three glasses of wine to be exact.I dont even drink.At the most I have half a glass!Your changing Taye and your making me change too.Why cant things be the way they used to be?What happened to us?What happened to you?You used to be a workaholic.A workaholic who didnt want me to work at all and now Im the one working my ass off.You never went to clubs and bars much but now Im the one waiting up all night for you to come home and finding lipstick stains on your shirt!You wanna see it?Yes I'll show you so you can explain it.."she said as she turned around and started to walk toward the bathroom but then stopped and looked at their bed."Remember our first night in this bed?Remember our first night on our honeymoon?How good you made me feel?Damn,I mean....how great you made me feel.You made me feel like a whole new girl...a woman"she said as she laid on the bed and closed her eyes."Please tell me that you havent made another girl feel like that?That feeling belongs to me....you....belong....to....me"she said and then she slowly fell asleep.

*

In astrology, Saturn is the planet of fate, time, sorrow, caution, and wisdom. It is often called the great teacher, because Saturn is associated with the life-long task of gently working out our fears and overcoming them. Saturn is also the most beautiful of the planets.

*

Taye sighed as he quietly closed the door.The lights were still on so maybe Adena was still up.He hoped that she was in a good mood but she was probably waiting up for him.She probably was gonna be pissed,like always.He took off his shoes and left them in the foyer.He tiptoed to the kitchen and turned out the light.He walked into the dining room and saw the table set for two and an almost empty bottle of wine sitting out.Hmm...

He turned off the dining room light and walked into the bedroom.He saw that the lights were on.He could picture her in her favorite slip,reading a book in bed and when he walked in she was gonna give him the most condescending look.The look he always hated but could never tell her.He took a deep breath and walked in,ready for another argument.He had some blacks and some beer,so he was in a laid back mood.

However,he chuckled at what he saw.Adena was sleeping like a baby on the bed.It was still made and she was still wearing his favorite black dress and heels.He saw the full wine glass on the vanity.He walked into the bathroom and turned out the lights.He then walked back in and just looked at her.She looked so cute.He pulled back some of the covers and prepared to undress her and tuck her in.However,she woke up.Damn it...

"Sorry"he said quickly.But surprisingly she didnt look mad.She somehow looked different.

"You're back"she said with a smile on her face and then sat up until she was standing on her knees.She pulled his face to hers and kissed him passionately.He hesitated for a half a second and then moaned into the kiss.What has gotten into her?

"Whats gotten into you?"he asked her as he pulled away.He tasted wine on her lips but she couldnt have had that much....?

"Actually nothing and actually you havent gotten into me lately.I miss you"she said as she started to unbutton his shirt and kissed him on the neck,"When was the last time we made love?"

"I dont know...but Im guessing thats gonna change isnt it?"he asked her.Why didnt she always act like this?This was fucking sexy!He let her take his shirt and wifebeater off and she started to undo his belt.She let his pants slip to the floor."Your turn"he said as he pulled her into a hug as he held her with one hand,the other hand expertly unzipped the back of her dress and he pulled it up over her head.She wasnt wearing a bra but she was wearing a black lacy thong....and heels.Perfect.

He laid down on top of her and started to kiss her,as he did that,he reached into the drawer for condoms.She stopped him,"You dont need those.We need to make love for real"she said as she threw the condom on the floor and wrapped her legs around his waist,"Im sorry for everything....now Im gonna make it up to you"she said

He kissed her,even though he didnt know what she was apologizing for.He was just really happy...and hard about this.He kissed her passionately and then moved down to her neck,chest,stomach,belly button and then slipped off her thong,still leaving her heels on.

*

When a typical, mature Capricorn makes love, it is lovemaking at its very best: to Capricorn there is no separation between love and sex. Capricorns know by instinct when they have found the right partner for this immensely important ritual. For some people, sex is a release, the satisfying of one of the basic needs in life, but Capricorns want to reach a state of total satisfaction, not only for themselves but also for their partners.

*