Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Capricorn as Employer
A typical Capricorn boss (male or female):
* does not neglect family life for business, and family members may visit him or her at work
* is kind but expects obedience to the rules
* has a strong sense of duty and works very hard
* is not a good mixer, but others trust him or her
* does not give perks but responds when people are in need
* takes responsibilities very seriously, and so may neglect personal needs
* dresses conservatively and is well organized
* can keep complex operations moving smoothly

*

After throwing a few things around the kitchen and then cleaning it back up, she called Craig. However, he didn't answer. She hung up and called back. He still didn't answer. She hung up as she groaned out loud. Was he going to make her suffer now? How long was he going to act like a child? She called him again and again, he didn't answer. She sighed as his voicemail played about 30 seconds of his favorite song at the moment, she impatiently skipped over it by pressing 1 and then she sighed,"Ok Craig. I get your point. How long are you going to be mad at me this time? Can you be mad at me for being honest? Huh? I'm just speaking my mind. This is my life you know, my baby, and I need to think about what's good for us. If you don't agree with me, you don't have to...just call me back ok? Please?"she asked him and then hung up.

She got ready for bed, but was slowed down since the baby seemed to be kicking and moving more than usual. Like it was impatient, nervous or upset about something. Like it was tossing and turning in its little bed in her stomach, not being able to get some peace and go to sleep. "I know, I'm worried too"Adena said as she rubbed her stomach. Adena tossed and turned all night and every now and then she would check her phone, but Craig never called back.

*

At their very worst, Capricorns may use a friend to further an ambition without a word of thanks.

*

For a second as Craig took the subway home, he just wanted to give up. Not even try having a relationship with Adena anymore. It was just too difficult. He turned the volume up on his Ipod as he sat on a seat in the back and closed his eyes. But all he could see was her. Taking baths with her in the jacuzzi bathtub at her apartment, blowing raspberry's on her pregnant belly, her laughing out loud. Their many fights lately or any little thing that annoyed her. He sighed, but she had a right to be annoyed, she was carrying a baby after all. It must be hard and he wished that he could relate to her but he was a man, they didn't have to go through that. But it was hard for him too. Worrying about her, taking care of her, spending money on her, thinking of her more than he did of himself. For awhile there, he felt like the baby was his. Like they were a family and the baby would make 3. But the baby wasn't his. She reminded him of that. If it was too much trouble, then don't stay around. I'm fine, I can do it by myself, she had said. He sighed, maybe he should listen to her.

He opened the door to the apartment and walked in on Missy smoking a joint. She looked mad about something,"Sup?"he said to her

"Shit"she mumbled as she inhaled and coughed a little,"Ooooh this is some good shit, you want some?"she asked him

Craig was about to say no, but why not? He hadn't had a joint in months. Adena found a bag in his jacket pocket and they got into a fight over it. She didn't want her baby to grow up with a person who smoked illegal substances. She didn't want it in her apartment at all. She didn't want the police to burst in and take her and Craig to jail, blah blah blah. But Adena wasn't here. "Yeah, hold on a sec"he said as he put his stuff in his room. He hadn't slept here in ages, it seemed. He saw that he had three missed calls and a voicemail from Adena. Was she sorry? He listened to it and didn't like what he heard. She was still defending herself, not taking his thoughts into consideration, still being rude as ever. But she wanted him to call back? No, he couldn't deal with her right now. He walked back out to the living room and he sat down next to her and took a few puffs. Wow, that was some good stuff! He coughed.

"Good shit huh?"she asked with a laugh as he passed it back to her. He only nodded. "What chu doing here anyway?"

"I live here"

"Not really"Missy said with a laugh and then smoked the joint

"Well I do today, tomorrow, maybe for awhile"he said

"Another fight?"she asked him. He nodded,"What happened?"

"Her boss found out she's pregnant right? Finally. I told her to tell her months ago. Her boss had told her that since she had two months left before she went on maternity leave, she was going to plan a big showing about birth or something. Some artists' wife is expecting too and hes been making nude paintings of her. But to make a long story short, she's gonna be working her to death for the next two months when she's not supposed to be. The doctors say she's fine but she'll have to start slowing down. I make her dinner right? She doesn't come home, doesn't call. She gets there late and tells me this and I have a problem with it. Her boss is a fucking slave driver"

"She didn't agree did she?"Missy asked as she passed him the joint. He nodded and inhaled a few puffs and blew it out and passed it back to her.

"She wasn't listening to me. She went on and asked me if my restaurant would cater, blah blah blah. I couldn't get through to her. We start arguing about it and she said that she needed to do this. She gets commission and bonuses, which is fine. But then she had the nerve to say that she needed to do this to support the baby because 'we' cant live off of my measly salary"

"No shit?"she asked him

"Yeah"he said with a nod,"That pissed me off. And I told her, I don't have to do this. I love you but this baby isn't mine and I've sacrificed a lot of time and energy and I don't have to do it. I've done so much for her without a thank you. Then she blew up at me being all miss independent saying 'they' didn't need me, if it was too much trouble I should just leave and not deal with it. So I left"

Missy shook her head,"I'm sorry. She didn't have to go that far. But shes trippin', she is pregnant-"

"You don't have to apologize for her. You don't even have to defend her Missy. Pregnant or not, she knew what she said was wrong. I don't have to take this, making me feel little and shit. Its like nothing I do is right"he said

"So what are you gonna do?"she asked him

"I don't know. I need time to think. That really hurt, what she said. She's said worse before but I just forced myself to forget about it. There's only so much I can take"he said. They sat there in silence, passing the joint back and forth. Both were pretty high at this point. "Where's Ron?"

"Another on call"she said angrily

"Whoa...whats wrong?"he asked her

"Nuttin...its just that...hes been doing a lot of late on calls. I barely see him sometimes with the 48 hour shifts he has and then he keeps having to go in-"

"Well he does work at a hospital...."

"Yeah...but I'm gonna be honest wit chu. I went to the hospital tonight to visit him....he wasn't there. He told me he was on call and shit. But some nurse said it was his day off and he didn't come in"she said shaking her head. "So I came back here. He ain't here. I've called him...."she said and shook her head and laughed sarcastically,"If that nigga is cheatin' on me-"

"He's not"Craig said

"How you know?"she asked him. But that he didn't have an answer for.

*

Many Capricorns seem to have some difficulty thrust upon them

*

It seemed like every couple was on the out's. Craig didn't call Adena back until a week later, he just focused on himself and his two jobs. He just needed space and to breathe. However, when he called her, Adena wasn't welcoming. He tried to apologize but she didn't want to hear it. She told him that he made himself perfectly clear and to have a nice life. He was shocked and in a bad mood for days. All she did was cry and yell at people. Craig was at the apartment more but Ron and Missy were barely there. They kept missing each other. Craig approached him about what Missy had told him. He said he wasn't cheating and he wanted to believe him....

However, Missy caught him. She figured out where he was going on his nights off and sometimes between shifts. He wasn't just visiting one girl. He was visiting many.....at Player's Pleasure- a new strip club that opened. Missy and a friend of hers waited outside of the hospital until they saw Ron leave, they followed him there and he went in. They sat in her car as she cried and threatened to kill him, reaching for her gun in her glove compartment. But she didn't, she walked in and confronted him, getting into a fight with a stripper that was giving him a lap dance. They yelled and shouted at each other and she was thrown out. She slashed Ron's tires and left. A few days later, the stripper pressed charges against her. Adena helped her through it, in a weird way, telling her she deserved it since she shouldn't have gotten into a fight, telling her that if she was the stripper, she would have done the same thing. That pissed her off and Missy soon was relating to what Craig had said. But Adena did help Missy pay for it. Adena helped her with the court costs and the actual charge for the crime which was a few hundred dollars. She was ordered to stay away from the stripper and the club, which wasn't a problem. Ron tried to call her to apologize, to explain his actions, but Missy didn't want to hear it. She acted out by sleeping with girls again, saying that "men ain't shit".

Even Kim was saying the same thing one night as she stormed out of Taye's apartment. They had been fighting a lot lately. Kim wanted a commitment, a relationship, but he didn't want one. Even though he acted like he wanted one. It made her confused. She also felt like he was up to his dirty tricks again. She saw him talking to Felicia at a bar, they seemed pretty cozy, at least from a distance. In actuality, Felicia was drunk and horny yes, but Taye didn't want her. He went out with his friends a lot. His job didn't like his attendance record and Kim warned him about it. He would blow up at her and say "stop acting like Adena, don't be my mother". It seemed like Adena was on his mind a lot. He accidentally called her Adena a few times when he was drunk, even one time while they were having sex.

This seemed to not be such a good fall season for any of them. The weather was getting colder, and a lot of people were getting the cold shoulder.

The showing was opening in one week and Adena was working overtime. However, for the past two days she would have really bad contractions. But she didn't tell anyone. She was relieved when she was allowed to go home. She took a taxi home and moaned the whole way there. "You need to go to the hospital?"the driver asked her. She refused and went home anyway. As soon as she got home, she got in her pina colada bath and put on a old Dru Hill cd and tried to relax but her contractions were 4 minutes apart. Was the baby coming? Almost 3 weeks early? Was there something wrong? She started to panic and the first person she called was.....

"Hello?"Craig asked without looking at the ID. Thinking it was Missy, she called a lot lately, just to call and see how Ron was without having to talk to him.

"Craig?"she asked him and then moaned as another contraction came on.

"Adena? Are you ok?"he asked her, getting worried. Now many thoughts were racing through his mind. Was she hurt? Did she dial the wrong number or something? Was she apologizing? Why was she calling him?

"I think...its coming....my contractions are 4 minutes apart"she said but he was silent,"I'm sorry I shouldn't have called"

"No no no. Its fine. What do you want me to do?"he asked her

"I need someone to take me to the hospital. I don't want an ambulance, I don't want to be alone"she said, not believing that it was happening now.

"I'll be there as soon as I can. I'll get on the next car at the station-"

"No! Don't take the subway, take a cab or something, I need you now!"she shouted without meaning to,she took a deep breath,"I'm sorry for yelling. I just need you sooner. I don't know how much more I can take..."

Craig sighed,"Its fine. Has your water broken yet?"he asked her as he walked out the door

"Ugh....I'm in the tub....if it did....I don't know...."she said as he hailed a taxi.

"I'm in a taxi now"he said and then gave the driver the address,"I'll be there soon"he said

"Thank you"Adena said and that was music to his ears. He sent Missy a text telling her to meet them at the hospital. He walked in, he still had the spare key that she had given him and walked into the bathroom. She was in pain, but glowing, she looked beautiful, and he told her so. "No I don't"she said in reply to his compliment. She asked him to pack a bag for her and take the bag she packed for the baby to the car. He did so and helped her out and dried her off, dressed her and took her to the hospital. All of a sudden, she felt better. It seemed like the contractions slowed down. They requested Ron but he was busy and they were ushered into a room. However, the doctor had bad news.

"It's a false alarm?"Adena asked."But it's been happening for days, these contractions are killing me"

"It's normal. The baby knows it's time is soon, but not now. Your water hasn't broken yet. There's nothing wrong so you can carry on life as normal. But if you do feel like its time, make sure to take a hot shower to relax you, if the contractions are closer together, than that means its time"the nurse informed them as Missy arrived.

"Ok thanks anyway"Adena said as she tried to get up,"Hey Miss"

"Wait...whats going on?"Missy asked.

"False alarm"Adena said,"But it really felt like the real thing"she said as Craig helped her up. "Sorry about wasting your time"she said. She was tired. It was almost 1 am. Ron then rushed in and he looked at Missy, then turned to Adena,"False alarm, sorry"she said again,"Craig? Can you take me home please?"she asked him tiredly

"Sure"he said

"Thanks"she said and he helped her out. Missy about to follow them.

"Wait Miss....can we talk?"Ron asked her

"Why? What am I supposed to say to you? I paid for the tires. I said I was sorry-"

"But I didn't get to say sorry"Ron said,"I'm sorry. It was wrong of me to lie. I just.....I started getting scared of settling down. I realized I haven't been to a strip club in a long time and....I just wanted to have fun...without you. I love spending time with you Missy, but it was scaring me because we were spending every free moment together. I felt things were going too fast. I still have feelings for you Missy, they haven't changed at all. Even after everything....you just know how I am with commitment"

"I don't want to be your girlfriend Ron. I'm not ready for that commitment either. I just want to be exclusive. We have talked about this. Why couldn't you just tell me?"

"Cuz you were starting to act like a girlfriend. You started to nag, calling me and asking where I was, you would get upset about me hanging with the guys. You used to not do that"

Missy nodded,"I know....ok....I admit that maybe I was acting like one. And I'm sorry. I was just worried. This non commitment thing between us is confusing. The whole time we were 'together' I haven't been with anyone, and I expected the same from you-"

"I haven't been with anyone else either. Believe me Miss, unless you count some lap dances here and there, that's it"

"Those don't count"Missy said and she sighed,"So what now? I don't want to scare you away"

"Let's start over?"Ron asked her. Missy smiled. Then nodded,"See you in 48 hours? For real this time?"he asked her

"See you in 48"she said and kissed him

Meanwhile....

"I'm sorry. I dragged you into a false alarm and wasted your time"Adena said as he helped her out of the car and into her apartment building

"Its fine Adena really"he said,"Now we know what to expect. Remember, neither of us have been through this before"he said

"I didn't put it together"she said,"Its funny because when you walked in....my contractions slowed down...but I just thought...."

"They did?"he asked her as he opened the door for her and they walked in.

"Yeah, I guess the baby knew you were there. We both relaxed"she said and then she started to cry which startled him but it was the hormones. "We missed you. Especially me, I missed you. I'm sorry for breaking up with you"she said as he held her close to him,"I'm sorry for breaking up with you"she repeated

"Shhhh"he said as he smoothed down her hair and kissed her forehead

"I'm sorry about what I said. The measly salary thing, it was mean"

"It was"

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry"she said as she cried. He helped her to undress and into bed, all along she was crying. It must have been the medication they gave her. He laid down next to her and shushed her while she whimpered and sniffled. "Can you stay tonight?"she asked him

"Sure, I would be happy to"he said and he kissed her. She sighed, finally happy and soon they fell asleep in each others arms.

*

Famous Capricorns: Howard Hughes (Billionaire Recluse)

*

However, Adena continued to work overtime at the gallery. Since it was a false alarm, Adena didn't worry as much and worked through her contractions. Craig didn't agree with it, but held his tongue. He was relieved when the night finally came. He and his team set up the food and Adena helped to set up last minute things, hanging up paintings, lighting.

The night started out successful, in the first 30 minutes a painting of triplets were sold. Missy and Ron even came, but they paid more attention to the free alcohol and food than the pictures. Adena was running around a lot as usual, but soon she had a little time to herself and Craig gave her a plate.

"You ok?"he asked,"You look kinda-"

"Tired? I am"she said, she was having contractions again but she knew it was a false alarm. The baby wasn't due for another week and a half.

"No, you look pale or something? Are you ok?"he asked her. He worried about her more now, her contractions scared him.

"I'm fine"she said, she finished half the plate and ran off to do something for Donatella. She got compliments at how big she was, which wasn't comforting. She was sick of telling people when she was due, that she didn't know what the sex was, blah blah blah. She then had another contraction, she grabbed a chair.

"You alright?"someone asked her

"Yep"she said quickly and took a few deep breaths. She then walked to the bathroom, trying to appear calm. She looked at herself in the mirror, she did look pale. She was sweaty too. She got a few paper towels and wet them and applied it to her face, neck. She took a few more deep breaths. She had another contraction and she clutched the sink. "Shit"she said, then it went away. Was it her? Or were the contractions closer? She took a deep breath, dried her face and reapplied some makeup. She tried to look normal as she walked over to Craig. "Iced Tea please"she said

"Sure babe"he said as he leaned over and kissed her. He poured her a glass but then she clutched the table in pain,"Babe?"he asked, he then rushed around the side of the table as his co workers looked on in alarm. "You need to go to the hospital?"

"I don't know-"she said and then Craig gasped when he saw a big puddle of water on the floor. "Shit"they both said.

Ron rushed over and attended to her as he called the paramedics. Craig was to go back to the apartment and get Adena's bags and Missy was going to ride with her in the ambulance.

Donatella was worried, but the press seemed to love it, as they took pictures. "What a coincidence huh? Birth theme and my assistant is giving birth, right here"she said,"Excuse me"she said as she picked up a bottle of wine and drank out of it.

Ron called Adena's gynecologist and he assisted her until she arrived. Adena's parents arrived and her mother rushed in. Craig, Ron, Missy and her father waited outside. Craig could hear her screams from the waiting room and wanted to throw up. Why was she screaming like that?

"It's normal, everyone goes through it"Ron assured him as a nurse came out.

"She keeps screaming for a Craig. Is he here?"she asked and he stood up and went in.

"Help me"Adena said, she looked miserable, pale and covered in sweat.

"She only needs to push one more time, then she'll be done. She wont even listen to me"her mother said

"You all told me one more push three pushes ago, I cant do it!"she screamed,"I cant!"

"Ms. Capricorn, you are going to have to push, we need to get this baby delivered"the doctor said sternly

"Come on babe, push, just one push, then it will be done ok? You'll have your flat tummy again"Craig said calmly as he wiped the sweat off her forehead and whispered in her ear. The rest of them stared in shock as she started to calm down and then began to push. She screamed in pain but this time another scream joined hers as the baby was delivered. Adena fell back with a huge sigh of relief and closed her eyes, she could sleep for a thousand years now. She opened her eyes as her doctor handed her the baby, wrapped in a blanket

"Congratulations Ms. Capricorn, its a girl"she said as her mother started to cry and Craig too.

Adena's tears rolled down her cheeks as she held the baby in her arms,"Thank God"she said. She really wanted a girl and now she was here.

*

Famous Capricorns: Dr. Albert Schweitzer (Missionary and Author)

*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Coming Next...
The second book
in the Zodiac Series
AQUARIUS

Aquarius
The Water Carrier

January 20 - February 18
The eleventh sign of the zodiac is concerned with:
* scientific analysis, experimentation, detachment
* friendship, courtesy, kindness, tranquility
* mystery, intrigues, magic, genius, originality
* eccentricity, independence, humanitarian issues
* fame, recognition, politics, creative arts
* electricity, magnetism, telecommunications

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~