Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
stories/537/images/adena2.jpg


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


The Capricornean Personality
Positive/Negative
* Good organizing skills/ *Tendency to believe their way is always the best
* Cautious and realistic/ * Egotistical
* Hard working/ * A slave driver
* Scrupulous/ * Unforgiving
* Fearless/ * Anxious, allows inner fears to dominate decisions
* Calculates risks but takes them when necessary/ * Takes a very critical view
* is an admiring spectator/ * A perfectionist who is never satisfied
* Has high but realistic standards/ * Fatalistic
* Conventional/ * Status seeking
* Concerned
* Gives sound advice
* Loyal to tradition
* Respects authority

*

Adena slowly opened up her eyes and groaned a little.Her head hurt.She rolled over and saw Taye laying next to her,his naked back facing her.She wondered what time he finally decided to come home last night?Then she gasped,she looked at him and then looked under the covers and saw that she was naked as well.Damn it!They were supposed to talk,not make love!

'What got into me last night?',she asked herself and then saw the glass of wine still sitting on the vanity.She rolled her eyes.She sat up,she had to deal with this now."Taye?"she asked him,"Taye?Wake up"she said to him

Taye groaned and looked at the clock,it was a little past 9 am."Dena its Saturday"he whined

"Where were you last night?"she asked him

"Inside of you..."he said with a little laugh

"No I mean when you werent home....where were you?"she asked him.She didnt think that was funny,that wasnt supposed to happen.

"I was out with Damien and everyone"he said,still trying to go back to sleep,not facing her

She leaned over and shook him,"Taye look at me,Im being serious here"

"About what?About where I was?I cant go out?"

"But you are always out Taye.Not out finding a job.But out partying"she said

"Is this what this is really about?Me being fucking unemployed?"he asked her as he finally turned to her and sat up.There was no point in trying to go back to sleep now.

"No its about a lot of things!How your never home...how your always..."she said and then stopped,she had the words yesterday,she knew what she wanted to say and now she couldnt think,"The lipstick"she blurted out,it was the first thing that she thought of

"Huh?"he asked her.Was she drunk still?If so,why couldnt she be the sex crazed drunk that she was this morning?

"I found lipstick on your shirt"she said

"What?No,what are you talking about?"he asked her

"Oh so you dont know?"she asked him,getting frustrated.Why couldnt he just come out and say it?"Fine,I'll refresh your memory"she said as she got up and went into the bathroom,put her robe over her,took the lipstick stained shirt out of the hamper and threw it at him,"There"she said to him,standing there with her hands on her hips.

"Dena,I dont see anything-"he said and then stopped when he saw it

"Hmmm?What is it Taye?"she asked him,"Ketchup?Blood?Hot sauce?Paint?"

"Its lipstick"he mumbled

"Excuse me?Huh?Come on Taye!Be a fucking man and say it!"she shouted at him

"ITS FUCKING LIPSTICK!"he shouted back at her."OK!? YOU HAPPY!? YES, I WAS KISSING ON ANOTHER GIRL! YOU HAPPY MS. DETECTIVE?"he shouted

Adena stared at him with wide eyes.Once the words came out of his mouth,she didnt know what to say and he knew that he was in trouble.She couldnt believe it.He cheated on her.10 months of marriage,the death do us part vow,and he cheated on her.

Taye sighed,he didnt have to tell her like that.She wasnt supposed to find out like this."Look Dena-"

"No,save it"she said as she went to the closet and took out some sweats and threw on a sweater

"What are you doing?"he asked her as he slipped his boxers on as she put on sneakers,"Where are you going?You wanted to talk,lets talk about this"he said to her

"Im taking a walk"she said,not looking at him as she put a hat over her head,put a scarf around her neck and put on her gloves as she picked up her keys

"Dena,dont leave,lets talk about this please-"

"Now you know how it feels to be left alone,dont wait up"she said to him and then slammed the door behind her.

*

If a partner betrays a Capricorn, he or she will try first to organize things so that the partner can be reunited with the family, but if the betrayal continues, Capricorns can turn vengeful.

*

Adena stood against a brick wall so she could catch her breath.Once she left the apartment,she walked,just walked anywhere.Then she started to run and she kept on running until now.Now she could barely breathe.

She watched people walk by as she caught her breath.She wanted to cry,she wanted to scream,but she couldnt do that here with all these strangers.How embarrassing.She couldnt believe it was true.Taye was being unfaithful.Was it more than once?Was their marriage over?

"No"she said quietly,answering her own question.Divorce was out of the question,she hated the word.She sighed and then her stomach growled.She was standing in front of a pizza shop and she went inside and ordered a slice of cheese pizza.It was very greasy and she devoured it.She gulped down her small soda and then left the shop.She looked around and realized that she had a long walk ahead of her.She had to go home,whether Taye was still there or not.She didnt shower and she felt disgusting.She started walking,but she started to walk faster since she was still upset.Then she felt her stomach turn,she ran to the closest trash can on the street and threw up in it.

It must have been the pizza,why did she eat that shit?Mixed with stress it was obviously not good.She looked up and she was in front of an attorney's office.More specifically,a divorce lawyer.They werent seeing the likes of them,but she knew that they needed help.Taye was confused and she had to get him back on the right track.She wiped her mouth and knew what she had to do.She walked slowly and with determination and headed straight to her next destination.

*

Capricorns have an irritating habit of organizing things that they think will be good for a friend, which the friend does not want. At their very worst, Capricorns may use a friend to further an ambition without a word of thanks.

*

Taye sat on the couch and watched,well more like stared at Saturday morning cartoons.He wanted to follow her but she needed to cool off.He was going to wait for her.They needed to talk about this.He loved her,but he wasnt in love with her anymore.All the nagging and the complaining,acting too much like his mother on a bad day was depressing.He wasnt happy.But he didnt want to break her heart,if he hadnt done it already.It was probably best that they seperated,it would be best for the both of them.He sighed.

Then he heard the door open.He jumped up and she walked in,"Adena-"he said to her as he walked toward her

She held up one hand,meaning she didnt want him to speak or come close to her."I know you love me Taye.And I love you.We make mistakes and Im willing to overlook it"she said

Taye stared at her.Has she really gone crazy?"Really?"he asked

Adena nodded,"You just need help.Once thats done,we will be back to normal"she said.She took a card out of her pocket,"Two words....marriage counselor"she said to him,"We have an appointment on Monday"she said to him and then proceeded to walk to their bedroom.

Taye frowned,no he wasnt going to some psychiatrist that will take all their money and get in their business.He didnt like this at all,"I think that we should talk about this first,before we let others in on it"he said as he started to follow her

"You let others in on it when you made out with some random whore"Adena snapped.She sighed,"You remember when you proposed to me Taye?We were at that Open Mic Night at your friends club party and you got onstage,you wrote a poem and asked me to marry you.And even though I hate surprises and seeing all those people look at us,I said yes.You have sacrificed a lot for me and I have for you too.Just do this for us,for me.Lets work on our marriage and be married.You promised"she said to him.She then walked into their bedroom and closed and locked the door.

Taye stood there in the hallway and looked at the card. It said 'Dr.Johnathan Osbourne, Marriage Counselor'. He sighed,he didnt like this at all.But he had to do it.He heard the shower running and he accepted defeat and sat on the couch.

*

Typical Capricorns do not have casual affairs. If the relationship begins to fail, it often takes Capricorns a long time to take action, as they have a strong sense of duty to the partner and the family. In general, they dislike divorce.

*

Adena and Taye didnt say a word to each other until Monday when they walked into Dr.Osbourne's office.Taye was demoted to the couch and he had to make his own food.Adena didnt do anything for him anymore.

"Dont embarrass me"Adena said as she knocked on his office door.

"Dont be so pushy"Taye said to her.

Adena sighed inwardly.This was going to be a calm meeting.Very calm."Dr.Osbourne?So great to see you.My name is Adena Capricorn and this is my husband,Taye Haughton"she said introducing them as she shook his hand

"Nice to meet you both,have a seat"Dr.Osbourne said to the both of them as he shook Adena's hand.He nodded his head to Taye.

"I hope you enjoy her nagging and taking all of our money away"Taye said unenthusiastically

"Taye"Adena warned him,with a fake smile on her face

"Ok lets get started then shall we?"Dr.Osbourne said quickly as he sat down in front of them as they both sat on opposite sides of the small couch,"Obviously you both are having problems with your marriage,how long have you been married?"

"10 months"Adena said quickly

"Has this problem been developing?Recent?"

"He cheated on me"Adena said,"I found lipstick on his shirt"

Dr.Osbourne was taken aback and Taye sighed."Is this true Taye?" He only nodded."Ok,lets talk about that..."

*

If a Capricorn suspects a friend of deception, he or she will start to suspect all friends. Sometimes Capricorn tests the trustworthiness of friends several times.

*