Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
stories/537/images/adena2.jpgstories/537/images/missy2.jpgstories/537/images/kim2.jpg


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Appearance
The typical Capricorn woman:
* has a small and well-shaped body with a slender neck
* has deep, serious eyes
* has an "earthy" beauty
* has a full mouth and very white teeth
* has shapely legs, slim ankles, small feet

Behavior and Personality Traits
* is very self-conscious
* behaves in a ladylike manner in public
* dresses according to what she intends to achieve that day
* needs to gain recognition for her work
* appears as steady as a rock, but is quite moody inside herself
* runs a well-kept home, although she finds domesticity tedious
* is totally loyal to close family and distant relatives
* cannot bear to be teased
* smiles little, but when she does it is a very beautiful smile

*

"So do you think Dr. Osbourne helped you two?"Kimberly asked Adena the next day at their usual lunch get together

"I think it went well,for me anyway,but Taye was against it from the start.He wasnt cooperating at all,it was totally embarrassing.He was acting like such a child.He was acting like he didnt even want to cooperate,like he didnt want to save our marriage..."Adena said and the more she talked the more depressed she got

"No sweetheart dont think like that.He was just pushed into all of this.His consequences are catching up with him and he is being a child about it.Hes whining about it.He wants you to say everythings fine and he wants to go out and play.But fun time is over,you deserve that"Kimberly said,Missy nodded.

"But I mean if Dr. Osbourne cant help us,who can?You said that he is the best in the city"Adena asked her

"He will be able to help.You should try this"Kim said to her,"Tomorrow,dont even show up.Have Taye show up on his own without telling him of course or he will make an excuse as well"she said to her,"He wont leave because whether you two are there or not,you will be paying him.Let him have a little one on one with him.That will loosen him up and then when you go in on Wednesday,it will be smooth sailing.He would have gotten all of his feelings out"

Adena nodded,"Sounds like a plan"she said and sighed.She hated being stressed but she had to save their marriage,even if it killed her

*

Capricorns are loyal, kind, and often very generous to friends. They try to prove their sincerity by showing total devotion to the friendship, but this can go wrong if the choice of friend has been a bad one in the first place.

*

Taye sighed as he walked toward Dr, Osbourne's office. Where was Adena?She was always on time and always nagged about him doing the same. What a hypocrite. He walked in and mumbled,"Hey Dr."

"Good afternoon Taye"Dr. Osbourne said as he got up from his desk,"Alright have a seat"he said to him,"So how was your day?"he asked him

"Ok...."Taye asked,"Where's Adena?"he asked him

"Oh she didnt tell you?"Dr. Osbourne asked him.Taye gave him a does-it-look-like-she-told-me-anything? look,"Well she had to stay late at the office.She didnt know how long it would be-"

Taye sighed,"Always in the office"he said as he stood up,"So we are just wasting our money then?"

"No Taye,take a seat.She suggested that we have a little one on one.Which is a good idea.You can tell me how you really feel without her here"

Taye looked at him,"She suggested that?Were you in one this too?"

"No I wasnt-"

"She does this you know,pushing things upon people when they dont like it.Thinking that everything she does is right..."he said as he trailed off

"She does come off that way doesnt she?And maybe she did plan to not come,maybe she is hanging out with girlfriends instead of being at work but all in all,she is trying to save your marriage.You cant be mad at her about that can you?"Dr. Osbourne asked him.

Taye sighed,"No...but...well....its not that simple"he said as he slowly sat down

"Well tell me why its not that easy"Dr, Osbourne asked him

*

She seeks a partner who has a good, secure position in life already. She is more likely to make a bad choice of partner than the male Capricorn, but she will soon recognize her mistake.

*

Taye sighed as he sat back on the couch."I just dont know how it got this way...I didnt mean for her to find out like this and shes determined.Very determined to make our marriage better but she barely speaks to me.Ive been sleeping on the couch.She doesnt say good morning or I love you anymore...its so confusing.I mean I get it,I was a bad boy..."

Dr.Osbourne nodded,"Now I know this question seems irrelevant but....is she a Capricorn?"

Taye nodded,"Yeah...her birthday is next week actually"he said and sighed and put his head in his hands

"Well dont worry,you still have a week to get her a present-"

"Its not that"Taye said,"But what does her being a Capricorn have anything to do with it?"

"Capricorns become very vengeful when they are betrayed.Maybe even evil.Adena is the typical Capricorn woman and her trust is gone and she wants you to pay.But she loves you and is kinda forcing you to make it work as soon as possible.You cant blame her for that"he said to him

"How do you know so much about Capricorns anyway?"

"I am one.I have some of the same traits.I was born on Christmas Eve"he said.Taye nodded,"Hey a great birthday present would be you just trying to make the marriage work.Now you kissed another woman at the bar.Ok,that still falls under being unfaithful but Adena even feels that she can work through that.You should consider yourself lucky"

Taye sighed,"Thats the thing....Ive been unfaithful..."

"Yes I know that Taye-"

"No,really unfaithful.Kissing a woman at the bar and her finding lipstick on my shirt is one thing but....theres another thing when.....its been worse than that"

Dr.Osbourne frowned,"How worse?"

"I also slept with her,the other woman,more than once.I have even spent the night at her house.I have even had her over at the apartment,in our bed,taken her out to lunch.....its like a whole other relationship...."

"Well yes that is worse than a kiss.Are you in love with this other woman?"

"No"

"Are you in love with Adena?"

"Yes...."

"But?"

"I love her,but Im not in love with her...."

"Well Taye,Im guessing she doesnt know.You need to tell her this.She has total faith in you but...she cant have total faith in you when she doesnt know the whole story"

"I know...and when she does,it will be over.I know it.I just dont want to hurt her anymore"

"Taye,its better that she find out now,from you,in a calm matter than later from someone else.You have to be a man and tell her.No matter what the consequences.Adena deserves to be with a man that loves her,doesnt she?"

Taye nodded,tears filling his eyes.He looked at his watch and quickly stood up,"I should go"

Dr.Osbourne looked at his watch as well,"Yes,our session is done-"

"When should I tell her?"

"When you feel the time is right.But do you honestly want to sit through another session knowing that she doesnt know everything?"he asked him

Taye nodded,"Thanks Dr."he said and walked out.He didnt want to admit it but Adena's plan worked.He had a breakthrough.

*

In general, Capricorn likes a friend who is well bred, good mannered, and not too extroverted.

*

Adena sighed,"You guys.You know I dont like nightclubs,they really arent my scene"she said to Kimberly and Missy as they all walked into Fever.One of the 1000's of hot nightclubs in New York City,"Couldnt we just relax?Watch a movie?"

"No,if Taye gets to party,then you can too!"Missy said to her,"If he can go to a bar,then you can too.And if he can pick up a girl,then you can too- oh I mean a guy-"

"Thats enough Missy"Kimberly said to her,"But she is right.A change of scene,letting loose can be good for you.Let me buy the first round of drinks"she said to her.Adena sighed and they followed her to the bar.

"An apple martini"Adena said

"Cranberry and vodka"Kim said

"A PJ and pronto!"Missy said and then a very popular remix of one of 50 cents songs came on,"Whoooooo!"she shouted

"Missy please for Gods sake"Adena said,guys and girls were staring at them now

"Oh have fun damn it"Missy said as she took a huge gulp of her drink,"Lets dance"

"No,just leave me with my drink please"Adena said,it was very loud and smoky in here.She sighed

"Ok,we will be right here"Kim said as they walked toward the dance floor but away from the crowd.Adena watched as two very good looking twins came up to Missy and basically made a sandwich of her.Kim laughed and then a man came up to her and they tried to have a conversation over the loud music.

"Hey what cha doing all alone shorty?"someone asked.Adena rolled her eyes.

"Im gonna be blunt.Leave me alone"Adena said

"Oh come on,one dance.Let me touch that beautiful body of yours and once I do you wont want me to stop,trust me"he said to her

Adena looked at him sternly,"Leave me the hell alone!"

"Yeah,you heard her.Leave her alone"a guy said as he put his arms around her.Adena was about to push him but then he whispered,"Dont worry,just play along and then I'll be out of sight"

"Oh thats you?"the guy asked him as he pointed to Adena,"My bad.."he said and soon he found another scantily clad girl and walked off

The guy then released her,"Sorry.But I have two little sisters who look like you.I had to jump to the rescue"he said to her and then walked off

"Thanks"Adena said.That was nice of him and he left her alone.Why werent there anymore gentlemen in the world? She stood there and sipped her drink a little faster trying to ignore the stares from various men.She wanted to get out of here.She looked at the many young women and wondered if any of them knew Taye...or kissed him.Did he come here?Did he act like the pushy guy or the gentleman?She didnt want to think about it.She wanted to go home.She drank the rest of her martini and walked up to Kim who was now alone.

"Can you believe it?"Kim asked her,"Im talking to this guy and things are looking hopeful and then he admits he's married and asks if Im interested.Hes all saying,'Im not going to lie.I like to fool around'"she said mocking him,"The nerve..."she said and then stopped,"Oh wait Adena Im sorry-"

"No its fine.Ive already been attacked by a pushy hornball and there are probably more adulterers here that are ready to pounce.Im just gonna go.Thanks for the drink Kim,really.But I gotta get out of here"Adena said to her and gave her a quick hug and rushed through the crowd and out the front door.

Minutes later,Adena walked into her apartment and sighed with relief but then it quickly faded when Taye came up to her.She pushed past him.

"Dena,we need to talk"Taye said to her

"Not now,you can talk all you want in the session tomorrow"she said to him as she walked toward the bedroom

"Well speaking of the session I had a major breakthrough today.We had a good talk,the Dr. and I"

Adena stopped and turned to him,surprised,she was expecting him to yell at her about tricking him into a one on one session he didnt want."Really?"

"Yes,and Dr.Osbourne thinks that I should....no I think that I should tell you the whole truth here.Can we sit down?"he asked her.Adena nodded and they sat on the couch,"Ok now I know that I have been unfaithful.It was wrong to kiss another girl while Im married to you.But Ive been unhappy for a long time and I went out looking for happiness.But it was wrong of me.But whats was even more wrong of me was that....."he said and then took her hand,"Im sorry..."

"No baby take your time"Adena said as she held his hand tightly.This was what she wanted. Him to apologize and want to work on their marriage again.She even thought about planning a second honeymoon or a vacation in the mountains.They needed to get out of the city and away from the temptations.

"But what was even more wrong of me was that...I didnt just kiss her Adena"Taye said,"Ive been completely unfaithful.I slept with her.And I know I should have told you sooner but...I didnt want to hurt you and I know thats stupid because I already have but I want to do whats right for you.I mean this changes everything-"

Adena jumped away from him and stood up,"Yes it does change everything"she said and then got her purse,keys and jacket and walked out of the apartment and slammed the door behind her.

*

However, once a Capricorn realizes he or she has made a mistake in choosing a mate, then the parting will be abrupt and final.

*