Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
stories/537/images/adena2.jpgstories/537/images/taye4.jpg


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.



Capricorn as Employee
A typical Capricorn employee (male or female):
* arrives very early and leaves late
* is dependable and can carry huge workloads
* minds his or her own business
* works steadily and quietly, staying with the same company for a long time
* occasionally reveals a wry sense of humor
* is conscientious and aims high (for power not for glory)
* will expect a salary in keeping with the work done
* has respect for superiors, elders, and those more experienced
* enjoys common-sense procedures

*

Kimberly walked into her apartment and sighed when she saw that it was cleaner than it ever was. Its never been this clean actually. She normally wouldn’t mind,but she did because she knew who did it. “Dena?”she called as she walked into the house

”Hey”Adena said to her as she popped her head out of the kitchen,”Im making dinner.I invited Missy over too if you don’t mind,she should be here in about an hour”

Kimberly looked at the huge meal being made before her. It was like it was a small version of Thanksgiving.”Dena you didn’t have to-“

”But I do.I was at work all day and I did some overtime mind you, and it hit me.I thought to myself.I want some of my homemade ziti with all the works and now I can”Adena said to her,”Oh and don’t worry.I know I used most of your appliances and utensils but they will be spotless when Im done”

”Adena,you need some rest.The last thing you need to be doing is working overtime,being a clean freak and cooking 4 course dinners”Kimberly said to her,”You need to slow down a little,breathe”she said to her.

After Taye revealed the news,Adena didn’t go back to the apartment or back to Dr. Osbourne. When she found out she drove to Kimberly’s and spilled everything.Kimberly offered her to stay and Adena has been here ever since.Its been 3 days.Now she wonders if she made a mistake.She never saw Adena,she was always at work or sleep.And when she did see her,she was cleaning the whole apartment and cooking.Just yesterday Adena made a homemade cheesecake and stuffed turkey and cleaned both bathrooms until they were spotless.She felt like she was turning her best friend into her cook and maid.

”I don’t need to breathe.Im fine”Adena assured her quickly,”Now change out of your work clothes.You need to relax and don’t worry,you can leave everything up to me”she said as a bell rang.Kimberly looked,she didn’t even know that she had a timer in this place.Adena rushed and opened the oven and checked the ziti.Kimberly gave up and went to her bedroom.She changed into some dark blue velour sweats and matching zip up jacket with a sequined tank underneath,she let her hair down and slipped on some flip flops.

An hour later,Missy arrived."Hot damn it smells good in here!"she said excitedly as she hugged Adena.

Adena looked at her,"Have you been smoking?"she asked her

"Hell yeah.I had a stressful day at work"Missy said as she put a 6 pack of Red Stripe on the counter,"Needed to let loose if you know what I mean"she said and winked

"Why cant you let loose legally?"Adena asked her,"Knit or something,that relieves my stress.Cooking and cleaning too,at least you can do something productive while your doing it"

Kimberly looked at Missy and she caught it.Missy decided to ignore that comment,"Geez how old am I?80?"she scoffed.Adena was now giving her the look,"Well sorry Dena but damn,your 23 not 73.Loosen up a little"

"I am loose"Adena said and then quickly corrected herself,"Not like that"

"Oh we all know that,so we ready to eat?"Missy asked as she ate one of the cocktail shrimps as she hoisted herself onto the counter,then adjusted her tight Apple Bottom jeans.

"Yes the table is set but Im gonna change"Adena said

"Again?"Kimberly asked her

"I dont want to be smelling like I have been working hard when Im trying to relax and eat"Adena said as she left the room and went to change in Kimberly's.

"These are good"Missy said with a shrug as she ate another piece of shrimp and then adjusted her red Apple Bottom halter top.She looked at Kimberly and noticed that she was giving her a look again,"What?"she asked her

*

On the whole, typical Capricorns pursue the following leisure interests: reading, gardening, improving the home

*

Taye sighed as he got up to shut off the radio.He was listening to some old school R&B and Aaron Hall's "I Miss You" just went off,before that was late Aaliyah's "I Miss You".Did the whole music industry know that his marriage was basically over?

But before he could turn the knob,another song came on.One he hasnt heard in a long time.He froze as he listened to it.

She's out of my life
She's out of my life
And I dont know whether
To laugh or cry
I dont know whether
To live or die
And it cuts like a knife
She's out of my life

Its out of my hands
Shes out of my hands
To think for two years that she was here
And I took her for granted
I was so cavaliered
And the way that it stands
Shes out of my hands

Taye shook his head and finally shut the song off. Michael Jackson was right on the money when he wrote that song.He could relate to it,all too well.Then he started to cry.He wondered what she was doing.Where she was.He knew she was probably with Kim or Missy.But he was worried about her.He wiped away his tears and picked up the phone.He dialed her number and waited for the answering machine.He knew that was all he was gonna talk to.She has never answered.

"Dena,its me.Im just worried about you...ok?I know that you may never want to see me again and....I understand.But if this ends.I want to end this right.I still love you and I always will and Im so sorry....just call me back.Just tell me your ok"he said and then hung up.He knew that request was in vain as well as the other messages that he has left her the past three days, but at least he could try.

*

If the partner, in marriage or business, is lost through death or similar misfortune, Capricorns of both sexes find it hard to replace the partner and will tend to draw within themselves.

*

"Dena!Earth to Dena!"Missy basically shouted at her.

Adena quickly snapped out of her reverie,"What?"she asked

"Pass the bread"Missy said to her.Adena passed the basket to her and pretended to smile."Im loving this bread girl,everything is good.You should get upset more often.Ive been eating good all week"

Kimberly shook her head,she wondered if Missy even thought before she spoke or was she intentionally so rude?"Missy my God...."

"I mean....I didnt mean it like that....you know what I mean"Missy said to her and then let out a huge burp

"Excuse you?"Adena asked her

"Yeah whatever"Missy said as she shrugged it off and drank a huge gulp of the Red Stripe.She refused to drink the white wine that Kimberly and Adena were drinking.

"Wine doesnt make you burp"Adena said as she lightly sipped on it.She loved Missy but she wondered sometimes how they got along.They were total opposites.But she had to love her, even if she was the most ghetto girl on the planet.

"It doesnt get you shit faced either"Missy said to her with a laugh.They continued to eat,"So...what are you gonna do now Dena?"she asked her

"Huh?"Adena asked her.She was chewing so loud that she couldnt hear.

"What are you going to do?Taye admitted that he fucked some other girl.What are you gonna do about it?You cant hide.You need to find the bitch and shank her"Missy said,getting mad for her.

"Thats ok-"

"No Dena I will.Just say the word and I can have Boog and JJ kick his little preppy ass"Missy said

"Thats fine Missy please.They dont have to gang bang him"Adena said and then she heard her cell phone ringing.She normally wouldnt answer the phone during dinner but she was expecting some important calls."Excuse me"

"Uh huh"Missy said as she laughed at Adena's last comment,"Gang bang"she said.She looked at Kimberly and there was the look,she sighed,"Ok Kim what the fuck?"

"Im worried about her"Kimberly said,"Im sick of having my house cleaned and coming home to a cook.I want my friend back"

"What do you expect?"Missy asked her,"Her heart is broken and she is trying to deal with it.I mean she can stay with me...if you dont want her.I would love to have my place cleaned"

"Missy my God!"

"What?Its whats making her happy.We are her friends.We need to make her happy while she is feeling down and offering my place for her to clean will be really great actually"Missy said and then stuffed some ziti in her mouth.Kimberly shook her head.

*

Worry, heavy responsibilities, gloomy moods, and general pessimism tend to take their toll on Capricornean health, so Capricorns need brightening up sometimes and should learn to relax.

*

Adena didnt want to,but she listened to Taye's message again.That was the 8th message that he has left over the last three days and she saved all of them and always listened to them a few times.It wasnt the important call that she was expecting but she couldnt help it.It was all a shock still and didnt want to let go.But she had to.He had to pay.She had to hurt him like he hurt her,through divorce papers and prenup agreements of course.She hung up the phone and laid down.Her head was throbbing.It has been the past few days.She was so stressed but she had to be strong and go to work.She took an aspirin and fell asleep.

However,she walked into the art gallery feeling like shit.She felt like she had a hangover mixed with pneumonia.All she wanted to do was sleep.Lloyd,the front desk receptionist,noticed her mood.

"You have a message Adena"he said to her as she walked in and he slid a small envelope toward her,"You ok?"he asked her

She only nodded as she picked up the envelope.She recognized the handwriting.It was from Taye.He was here?She gasped.

"Oh huney"Lloyd said as he walked around the counter and hugged her close to him,"He told me everything.I didnt see it coming but you were married to the man!I know its a shock and you are being such a trooper.Its ok,cry it out.Im here"

"Really.Lloyd,you dont want to be close to me right now"she said to him,she wanted to throw up or pass out.

"Whats going on here?"Donatella asked as she walked in.Lloyd immediately jumped away from Adena and went back to his desk.He was scared to death of Donatella and was always kissing her ass.She looked at Adena."What the hell are you doing here?"

"I work here"Adena asked confused and sniffled.

"But you are getting a divorce.Work should be the last thing on your mind-"

"Donatella,Im fine,really-"

"No your not.I dont need my best dealer feeling like shit and having that affect her performance.Im not letting you back here until you are better.Take all the time you need,starting today.Go home"she said to her

"Really Im-"

"No your not,quite frankly,you look like shit"Donatella said to her,"I dont want to be harsh but...just get some rest huney.Its ok"she said to her and then went into her office.

Adena sighed.Lloyd mouthed "bye" to her.She sighed as she turned around and walked out the door.She didnt want a vacation.She needed something to do to take her mind off of Taye.She looked at the envelope and even though she was curious about what was said...she threw it away."Stupid shit"she muttered to herself.It was all his fault,if he never cheated on her,she wouldnt be feeling this way and she could be at work right now,enjoying her normal life.But her life was anything but.She wrapped her coat around her as she walked through the cold,freezing weather,wondering what to do with her miserable self now.

*

Many Capricorns seem to have some difficulty thrust upon them. Sometimes that problem may be a chronic illness but, if this is the case, they bear it with great fortitude.

*