Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
stories/537/images/adena2.jpgstories/537/images/craig2.jpgstories/537/images/missy2.jpgstories/537/images/kim2.jpg


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Expectations
The typical Capricorn expects:
* to be taken seriously
* to make a long-term commitment
* faithfulness
* privacy
* to make a home and a family
* to be admired by the loved one

*

”Don’t make me laugh please”Adena said between laughs after Craig told her a funny story.After the slight awkwardness from before,everything was fine and they have been talking like old friends.Like they have known each other for a long time.She picked up a tissue and started to cough,”Oh sorry.Im just spreading germs everywhere”

”Its fine”Craig said as he got up and got some Lysol,”I got this at the store as well”he said as he started to spray the room with it

Adena laughed,”Im sorry,you shouldn’t get so close to me.I don’t want to risk you getting sick too”she said,”I don’t want to make you sick and shut in"

”You know what?I wouldn’t mind.Its cold outside anyway.I think its like….6 out there”he said with a laugh.Adena laughed as well.Then he looked at the clock,”Oh fuck”he said when he saw that it was 8 o clock. "I have to go"

"Oh"Adena said disappointed,"Where are you going?"she asked him

"I was so caught up with you that I forgot that I had to go to work tonight"he said

"Work?I thought you got fired?"she asked,confused as she coughed into another tissue

"I still DJ at night at Fever.Remember?I just lost my day job,which mostly pays for this place"he said,he frowned,"I dont want to leave you"

"I'll be fine.I can take another nap"she said

"Yeah you should get some sleep.I havent let you get any of that"he said,"You sure you arent hungry?"he asked her.She shook her head."You do need to eat.No soup?Nothing?"she shook her head again."Well"he said as he walked into the kitchen."Crackers and soup at hand,best inventions for colds....well besides the meds"he said to her.He gave her the remote and turned the tv on.He moved the tv out of the living room into his bedroom so she wouldnt get bored.Ron wouldnt mind.He walked into his closet and went into the bathroom and quickly changed into a black button down, designer jeans and sprayed himself with Axe Phoenix.

"You smell good"she said and then coughed as she flipped through channels."What is that?Its not Diddy is it?Armani?"

"Nope"he said with a laugh,"Walmart....well I got it from WalMart....its called Axe"

"Axe?"

"Yeah...you know....the crazy commercials with girls chasing after guys because they have the scent on.They're funny actually"he said

"Oh like the one in the supermarket?"she asked

"Yeah that one"

"Yeah they are funny"she said as she watched him put his jacket on.She didnt want him to leave but she felt uncomfortable asking him.

"You sure you gonna be ok?"he asked her."I can take you to your friends place?"he asked her

"Would you rather me go there?"she asked him

"Only if you want to and feel that you are more comfortable there"he said to her

"I feel more comfy here if you dont mind"she said to him.He then walked over and patted her on her head,"I'll call and check on you.If you need anything,you have my number"

"I do?"

"Yeah I put it in your cell"he said,"I'll be back by 3.You better be sleeping and getting your rest"he said to her

"I will"she said,"Thanks Craig"she said to him.

"No prob"he said and then left out.

*

Cancer is the cardinal sign of the zodiac. It can be liken to a safe harbor in which boats can take shelter from the dangers on the sea of life.

*

Adena never really watched tv.The only time that she watched tv was if she wanted to watch a movie or maybe catch an episode of Young and the Restless every now and then.She was watching Entertainment Tonight when she felt her stomach growl.She remembered that Craig mentioned that there were crackers and soup.She slowly got up and walked into the kitchen. She chuckled when she saw it.She wasnt surprised.Guys werent really that tidy.She ate some crackers and drank plenty of water and took her antibiotics and proceeded to clean the kitchen.

*

It may be that Capricorns need to be encouraged to relax and play. They may seem very serious, but they have a sense of humor; this needs to be encouraged.

*

Kim sat at her kitchen table with a frown on her face and lost in thought.Her door opening and Missy coming in was what brought her back to reality.She snapped out of it and looked up.

"Bitch,you dont lock your door no mo'?"Missy asked her as she walked in,"Do you want to be robbed?"she asked her,then she looked around and frowned,"Ok..I expected there to be another full course meal...where's Dena?"

"Thats what I was wondering..."Kim said as she looked at her watch,"I havent seen her since this morning and its already nine o clock"

"Damn...Im really hungry-"

"Missy.Im worried.Where is she?I called her and she doesnt pick up"

"Kim you know how she is.Shes probably doing a double or something.You know shes still upset about the divorce and she doesnt want to cook or clean anymore.I bet shes sitting behind her desk analyzing another Picasso"Missy said,"Which is a shame...."she said as she went through Kim's fridge."Im gonna eat some leftovers ok?" Kim only nodded,"Kim,shes fine.She's grown.Maybe she just needed to get away from everyone,even us"

Kim nodded again,hoping Missy was right.

*

Capricorns must be taught how to relax and to take a rest from his or her responsibilities from time to time, or their life will become joyless. Capricorns need plenty of reassurance because they are natural worriers.

*

Adena was scrubbing the counter spotless when she had another coughing fit.'You need to lay down!' was what her conscience was telling her.But even though she was sick,now that she saw the mess,she couldnt stop cleaning.

Then her cell phone rang but it was a ringer that she didnt want to hear.However,it kept ringing.Then it stopped for a second and the caller called right back.She walked back into Craig's room and saw that her caller ID said,"Taye".She watched it ring and then the display said 2 missed calls.A minute later,'One New Voicemail" appeared on the screen.She sighed and wanted to delete it but instead pressed 1 to listen to it.

"Dena.Please dont erase this message.I want and need to know where you are.If you dont contact me I will have to contact Kim and Missy and your parents and tell them everything if they dont know already.You cant keep avoiding me.Dena,I do miss you.But we really need to sit down and talk about this.We need to sign papers and everything.The faster we do it....the sooner it will be over...and I will never bother you again.Im sorry for hurting you....I never wanted it to end....or end this way.Please call me when you get this.Im worried about you"

Adena started to cough again as tears rolled down her face.She turned off the tv and sat on the floor and leaned against Craig's bed.She pressed 1 again and listened to Taye's voice over...and over....and over.

*

Capricorns also need to be taught how to express their own very sensitive inner emotions in ways that will not cause them embarrassment.

*