Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
stories/537/images/adena2.jpgstories/537/images/craig2.jpg


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Behavior and Personality Traits
The typical Capricorn child:
* tends to prefer older company
* often looks very old when still a baby
* is self-contained and strong willed
* is usually even-tempered
* gets what he or she wants by slowly wearing down parental resistance
* likes the security of routine and orderliness
* has just one or two close friends
* enjoys pretending to be grown up
* usually loves reading
* likes to make things that have a practical use

*

Craig rolled over and opened his eyes, he glanced at his watch and saw that it was a little past 9 am. He shrugged and then laid back down. Then he sat up quickly and jumped off the couch,"Shit"he said as he ran toward his room. He was late for work. He opened his bedroom door and then he saw Adena laying there peacefully. Then he stopped and remembered everything that happened yesterday. He got laid off, went to the bar and drank off his sorrows and thats where he met Adena, he bought her drinks and they got to know each other, she gets pretty drunk and realizes that she is sick and overworked, he brings her to his place since he doesnt know where to take her since she passes out in her car...and she's still here. It wasnt all a dream.

He stands there and watches her sleep. He then shakes himself out of that reverie and decides to make a big breakfast. She may not even eat it but he was hungry. He looked around his clean kitchen and tried to find everything. Even though Adena cleaned the kitchen until it was spotless, she put everything in the wrong place. He made french toast, scrambled eggs and was just getting started on the bacon when he heard a voice.

"Wow, that smells really good"Adena said as she stood there in one of his enormous tshirts.

"Thanks"he said as he turned to her,"I wasnt too loud was I?"he asked her

"Oh no, the smell woke me"she said,"What cha making?"she asked as she walked over

"French toast, scrambled eggs, bacon"

"Wow smells really good. I didnt know you could cook like that"she said

"Oh yeah. Im what you call a professional when it comes to filling stomachs"he said to her

"Oh really?"she asked him, then suddenly she backed away and covered her mouth

He looked at her weirdly,"Whats wrong?"he asked her

"Do I have morning breath?"she asked in a cute, small voice

He laughed,"No...did you want a toothbrush?"

"You have an extra one?"she asked him

"Yeah"he said with a shrug as he turned the heat down. He walked into the bathroom and looked under the sink and gave her one,"Here you go"he said to her,"I have extra soap too unless you really like Axe"he said as he held up some Axe shower gel,"I'll get you some towels and washcloth if you want"

She nodded and then coughed a little,"Thanks"she said. She turned on the sink and started to brush her teeth. He laid a clean towel and washcloth on the bed and then went back and tended to his masterpiece called breakfast.

Adena walked back out to the kitchen, now more confident that her breath didnt smell. Even though he claimed that it didnt. He started to make a plate,"Oh its done?"she asked with a smile

"Yeah"he said to her, he then smiled,"You seem a whole lot better"he said to her,"Are you still boycotting food?"he asked her

She shook her head,"Oh no. Im fine"she said to him.

"Well here you go"he said to her as he gave her the plate,"Well sit down and go on with your bad self"he said and they both laughed. He made himself a plate and sat next to her and gave her two pills,"Just in case"

She downed the two pills with the orange juice and dug right in. She was eating like she hadnt eaten in awhile. Which was true. She hadnt eaten all day yesterday. "Wow Craig, this is really good. You should be a cook."

"Thanks. Ive always wanted to be a cook"

"Why arent you?"she asked him

"Couldnt afford cooking schools. The scholarships werent all that either"he said to her,"Thats why I work..well worked two jobs...you know to save up...but now I gotta start over"

"Im sorry"Adena said to him

"Hey its fine. Im just going to lay low for a few days and then look for other jobs. Im not gonna let up until I do"

"You should try food service. You know, to practice"

"Tried it"he said with a laugh,"They just dont pay enough like the office jobs. I'd rather do that"he said to her

Adena nodded, well at least he wasnt depressed. Taye was very depressed when he was laid off. It came as a shock for the both of them. But she got over it quickly and pushed him to look for other jobs. He was too depressed to. Then when he was finally ready, he was too picky. Sending in at the most, 2 applications a week. Thats why he is in the predicament he is in now. She then heard Craig say something and she said,"Huh?"

"Did you sleep well?"he asked her again

"Oh yeah, your bed is comfy. I think Ive slept more all day yesterday than I have in weeks. Thank you"

"Well Im glad it was good for something"he said to her. Then they heard a cell phone ring. She sighed,"I think thats yours"

"I know. It is. Its probably....just let it ring..."she said quietly

He nodded, it finally stopped and she slowly was normal again."I bet people are looking for you. I mean I did kind of kidnap you"

"No you actually saved me. They'll be ok. I just needed to get away from everyone, everything"she said to him,then she stopped,"You dont think Im using you do you?"

"No"he said with a small laugh,"Im just concerned. Everytime the phone rings, you get all sad. I mean I bet your friend you are staying with is worried"

"I know she is. Im just...I just dont feel like explaining myself. What happened yesterday...she'll be fine"

"Obviously not if she keeps calling"

"That wasnt her, that was my husband"she said quickly. Then she stopped and sighed,"Well ex husband."

"If he's your ex, why is he still calling?"he asked her

"I dont know. He probably wants to apologize again for everything that happened. I mean he isnt officially an ex husband yet. We havent even talked about the divorce officially. I only moved out a few days ago"

Craig looked at her with concern,"Oh Adena Im sorry"he said to her. He knew that she was going through a divorce but he didnt know that it was still so fresh, still practically burning her.He reached across the table and took her hand,"Im sorry"he said again

"Its fine, whatever"she said, she then got up,"Im going to take my shower now"she said and then walked into his bedroom quickly. Within seconds he heard his bathroom door shut and heard the shower running. He just sat there and then he finished his food, he cleaned up their plates and put the dishes in the sink. He sat there on the bed and faced the bathroom door and waited for her to come out.

*

The typical Cancerian will rarely make the first move.

*

Adena sighed as she looked at herself in the mirror. She still felt embarrassed, why did she say all that? Now Craig probably pitied her. She changed into the black sleeveless turtleneck and black pants that she wore yesterday, she would need to get clothes from somewhere. She didnt want to go to Kim's, she didnt feel like facing her knowing she was pissed and wanting an explanation,if she went back to Taye's to get any of her other things, he would want the same thing. She opened the bathroom door and saw Craig sitting on the bed, facing the bathroom door. Why did he have to look so sad for her?

"Im sorry to make you run off. You obviously are still hurting"he said to her

"Oh its fine...whatever"she said as she stood there with her hands folded across her chest,"Im getting over it. I have to"

"How long were you two together?"he asked and then stopped,"Im sorry, why am I still asking?"

"10 months...well married. We dated for 2 years in college"she said as she slowly walked over to him and sat next to him. She pulled her legs toward her chest and rested her chin on her knees. Craig nodded. "What about you?"she asked him, wanting to change the subject.

"What about me?"he asked her

"Married? Divorced? Single?"she asked him,"I mean a girl isnt gonna come in here and demand why im sitting on your bed right?"she asked him

"No"he said with a laugh as he turned to her,"Im not committed to anyone right now"he said

"Why not?"she asked him

"Well I have this big thing about not making the first move. Rejection and games are just...they arent for me. I dont have the time. If a girl is worth it, she'll come to me"he said

"What, are you scared?"she asked him

"Yeah..Im not afraid to admit it. I have had my heart broken and Ive probably broken some hearts too. Im laying low for right now"he said to her. They sat there in a small silence and he laughed and said,"You smell like boy"

"Huh?"she asked with a laugh

"You smell like boy. You used the Axe didnt you?"he asked her

She nodded,"Well yeah. I couldnt find the extra soap so I used it. You dont mind do you?"

"No I dont"he said to her

"I just would feel more comfortable if I wasnt wearing the clothes that I was wearing yesterday. I might have to throw this outfit out, it has the cold all over it probably"

"I could wash it for you"he said to her,"You dont mind your clothes smelling like Xtra do you?"he asked her

"I guess thats ok"she said with a nod. He got up and went to his dresser and took out some sweat pants and a t shirt."You wont mind wearing this would you?"he asked her. She shook her head no. She got up and went into the bathroom and changed into it. She gave him her clothes along with the towel and washcloth she used. He chuckled when he saw how big his clothes looked on her.

"They are kind of big arent they?"she asked him and laughed as she struggled to keep the sweatpants up. Then their laughter was interrupted by her cell phone. They both stood there and watched it vibrate and ring on his bed.

When it stopped ringing he asked her,"Do you mind if I turn that off?"he asked her,"The only way to truly get away like you want to is to just turn the whole thing off"

"Well dont turn it off. Just mute it, put it on silent"she said. He walked over and struggled to do it and then he laughed and handed it to her. She set it on silent and flipped it closed. She sighed,"I feel better already"

Craig smiled,"Yeah you arent having coughing and sneezing fits and you're smiling"he said to her. She rarely smiled but when she did it was beautiful.

*

From Capricorn the Cancerian can learn how to distinguish reality from imagination.

*

"Gladys, what happened" Mr. Capricorn asked his wife. He could hear Taye crying and talking but he couldnt make out what he was saying. He sat there in torture as he wondered what the hell happened to his daughter,"Is she ok?"he asked her

"I dont know"Gladys said quietly,"Rick....I dont know"

"Well what happened?!"he asked impatiently

"Apparently Taye and Adena have been having some trouble. They have even been to a marriage counselor...now Adena wants a divorce. She moved out and she was staying with Kim but as of yesterday, no one has seen her. They thought she came here"

"What? Marriage counseling? They were perfectly happy...why does she want a divorce?"Rick asked her

"Taye admitted to infidelity"Gladys said

Rick stared at her with wide eyes and his mouth half open. It took a longer time to accept Taye into the family and when he did he thought he made the right choice when giving away his daughter to a man like him. Now he regretted it. But most importantly, where was his baby?

"Call her"he said to her

"Taye is calling her now. But she hasnt answered to anyone-"

"Of course she wouldnt answer to an adulterer! He cheated on her Gladys, she is probably heart broken somewhere. All she needs is to hear her mothers voice. Tell her to come home. Tell her to take off work, whatever, she needs us"he said to her

Gladys picked up the phone and called Adena's cell. But it rang and rang,"Voicemail"she whispered to him as she listened to Adena saying "leave a message".

Rick took the phone from her,then he heard the beep,"Dena? Baby? Its your father...and your mother. Taye told us everything. He cant find you, no one can. And baby I know how you hate to be embarrassed and I dont know if you feel like a failure or not...but your not. Dont beat yourself up baby. Just come home. We will get your room ready for you and you can come by anytime. But please let us know if you are ok. We're waiting for your call. Love you"he said to her and then hung up.

He knew his daughter all too well. She hated surprises and embarrassment and the bond of marriage was very important to her. She lacked in self confidence when she was a child until he had to practically beat it into her head that she was talented and beautiful. But most importantly, she loved Taye and only saw good things about him. Thats what she told him on her wedding day...

~Flashback~

"You ready?"Adena said as she turned to her father. Most of the bridesmaids and their attendants had gone down the aisle, it was almost their time.

Rick looked at her daughter with tears in her eyes. She looked beautiful in her white dress and hair done all pretty. "Baby? Can I ask you something? Are you sure you are doing the right thing? Are you sure that you want to do this?"

"Daddy. Im fine. Taye is the man for me and I am totally and completely in love with him. We are going to be together forever. He promised me that when he gave me that engagement ring and I am going to promise him that today...in front of everyone. Im not afraid. Daddy, I have never felt like this before. He makes me feel whole, beautiful, confident, talented. He believes in me whenever I didnt believe in myself. He's like you Daddy. We are going to be happily married as long as you and Mommy are...even longer. Nothing can tear us apart. Nothing. I am doing the right thing Daddy. Im sure of it"she said to him with tears in her eyes.

Rick nodded,he was sold. Nothing was going to stop her now. He lifted the veil over her head to cover her face as Kim gave her a hug. Kim then walked out as the maid of honor and then he looked at her,"Ready? Its us"

"Yeah Daddy. Im ready"she said to him as the doors opened to the sanctuary and she looked down the aisle, seeing Taye looking lovingly at her

~

Rick stared at the phone in his hand and shook his head,"Damn baby...Im so sorry"he whispered

*

Capricorn can teach Cancer how to consequently make better judgments and thus getting things into the right perspective.

*

Adena and Craig laughed out loud as they watched Next Friday. Craig and Ron had a big selection of DVD's and they decided to stay in and just watch movies. Craig "snacked" on leftover chinese food and Adena had some of the won ton soup. She was feeling much better now and was glad.

They both relaxed in his sweats and laid in his bed. That movie went off and he said,"Damn, I have the 'itis"

Adena laughed,"Me too"she said to him.

The "itis" is the feeling of getting so sleepy after eating so much that your stomach is full.

"We gotta find a way to work that food off"she said with a laugh."Wow I havent seen that movie in a long time"she said to him. They had a full comedic movie marathon. They watched "Dumb and Dumber", "Four Brothers", "Friday" and "Next Friday". "Ready for 'Friday After Next?'"she asked him,"I know you have it"

"I do have it, unfortunately. I have to get ready to go"

"Where you going?"she asked him

"I have to DJ. I still have that job at least. I can dance off all this food we been eating"he said to her and then looked at her. He had fun with her but he didnt want to leave her here. "I dont want to leave you here-"

"Well do you mind if I come along?"she asked him. Not believing that she was asking him that, she wasnt a clubber at all but if she stuck by Craig, she probably would have fun.

"Are you asking to sit in the DJ booth with me?"he asked her

"Yeah, I wanna see what life as a DJ is like"she said to him

"Ok...sure"he said with a smile. "I bet your clothes are dry by now, if you still wanted to wear those"he said to her."I'll be right back"he said as he got some clothes together and went in the bathroom.

While he did so, she changed into her outfit and ran her fingers through her long straight black hair, she went in her purse and dabbed some perfume on herself and put on some light mascara and lipgloss. He walked out of the bathroom and she smiled. He was cute. He had on another pair of designer jeans, Timbs, a white wifebeater and a tan colored shirt over it along with a tan tabogan over his head.

"Ready?"he asked her

"Sure"she said,"You wanna catch the subway?Is that how you usually get there?"she asked him

"Yeah, you didnt want to take your ride?"he asked her

"No...I wanna keep her here, if you dont mind"she said to him as she put on her peacoat.

He nodded, she probably didnt want anyone she knew seeing her. He put on his leather jacket and said,"Ok lets roll"

They paid the subway fare and soon they arrived at club Fever. They went through the back door and Craig immediately started setting up. A waitress delivered drinks on the house to him. Adena felt like she was in VIP or something. Soon the club was packed and the party was in full swing. Adena sat next to Craig as he worked, dancing in her seat as she sipped on her Cosmopolitan.

"You can dance you know"Craig said to her,"You dont have to stay up here"

"Oh no Im fine. Its safer up here"she said to him with a knowing look, remembering the last time she was here and how Craig had saved her...again. He laughed. She looked out at the crowd and liked how everyone was enjoying how Craig did his thing. Then she noticed a familiar face. It was Missy. She panicked, it slipped her mind that Missy always came here. Great, she was going to see her and call Kim. She moved her chair closer to the fan so she could be out of view.

"Where you going?"he asked her as he shouted over the music

"Its cooler back here!"she shouted back. He nodded and went back to work. The waitress came back.

"Another Heiney?"she asked Craig. He nodded,she walked over to her,"You doing ok?"she asked her

"Another Cosmo please?"she asked her, the waitress nodded,"Make it strong too"she said to her

*

The Capricornean look- Forehead: narrower than average between the temples, with deep frown lines.

*