Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Jarrod reveals information that affects K.C. and Michael. 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


mocko jumbie 

Chapter 9

 Michael knew it too and leaned in as he saw the waiter headed their way.

“Give up the goods man, which one of those babes are you sweet on because I got my eye on one of them and I ain’t trying to take your woman.”  He said his Texas drawl coming out.

The waiter put their drinks down as the dancers on stage began dancing and Michael stared in amazement as their hips gyrated in time to the music. 

“Damn, do you suppose all of the women can move like that?” he finally asked when they stopped with a flourish.

K.C. was busy remembering the swing of Gabrielle’s hips as she walked away and knew that she had some moves she could probably show him.

Michael however was looking at Jarrod and saw him wince as he stared down at his drink and knew K.C. wasn’t the only one having woman problems.

“No, you idiot and besides don’t you know when a woman can move like that they’re usually lousy in bed. It’s the ones that look like butter wouldn’t melt in their mouth you’ve got to watch.” Jarrod said almost bitterly with a shake of his head and the two men looked at each other sensing a mystery.

For once Michael proved to be the sensitive one, not taking offense to Jarrod’s put down.

“Let’s table this for later guys. I want to enjoy the show.” He said easily and everyone agreed.

The show proved to be very entertaining because the women turned out to be singers as well and one of them was a fire eater while a pair of mocko jumbies also called stilt walkers danced and pulled audience members onto the floor. One of the tall disguised figures drew a young woman onto the dance floor who turned out to be the quiet beauty in orange who confirmed Jarrod’s theory as she laughed and danced with abandon to the infectious soca beat.

After the show the dancers mingled with the crowd and tourists as well as locals were encouraged to enjoy themselves and it was quite a sight to see Jarrod towering over the petite woman he danced with.

K.C. took the good natured ribbing of his friends for his lack of rhythm but his mind was on the dark haired beauty in purple who danced just out of his line of vision tossing her hair sensually. He would have approached Gabrielle on the dance floor but he sensed that she wouldn’t appreciate so bold a move in public so he steered clear and they left shortly after the women did.

A few minutes into the drive, Jarrod knew the subject was going to be broached so he took the plunge.

“I met her on a photo shoot for the St. Sebastian Tourism Board about two years ago, but I was seeing someone at the time.” He said as they drove out of Portsmouth, the lit harbor rivaling the stars in the sky.

“She had just come back from the Olympics and was part of the team that won that silver medal and they wanted to capitalize on the publicity for the island so they had a big spread in International Traveler Magazine with different points of interest on the island which I was chosen to photograph.” He continued as he maneuvered through the dark night.

“The shoot went very well and taking those pictures was one of the easiest and most difficult, because I found myself attracted to one of the players on team. That shoot tested my professionalism because I had an almost instant attraction to her and had to fight to hide it from everyone including her." He was silent for a moment before he went on, his accent more pronounced. 

"We’ve met a couple of times at different functions but never dated because when I finally got the balls to ask her out she said she didn’t want to start anything with someone who travels so much.” Jarrod told them grimly as smooth jazz played quietly in the night.

“Come on man, you're killing me here! Which one of the babes are you talking about.” Michael groused impatiently.

“She’s got the most beautiful brown eyes, flawless skin and her hair is amazing.” The big man teased but got serious immediately as Michael looked ready to blow in the front passenger seat.

“Her name is Camille Lee and she had on the pink dress.” He finally revealed and Michael blew out a breathe in relief.

“Good cause the blonde one is mine.” The dark haired man replied.

They had been friends for a long time and at one time or another been interested in the same female but K.C. had a feeling Jarrod was serious about this one to still be thinking about her after all this time. Jarrod also hadn't been in a serious relationship in nearly four years.  

“K.C. I’m not encouraging you but Gabrielle lives in the salmon colored house coming up on your left.” Jarrod said pulling him from his musings a few minutes later. 

He found himself scooting across the back seat before he could check himself to look out the window and he saw a blue SUV on the side of the road and the woman in question opening the gate.

“Jarrod, pull over.” He ordered and the vehicle had barely stopped before he was hopping out.






Chapter End Notes:
So Gabrielle and K.C. are neighbors. Hmmm.....