Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

So just like I threatened here is the next chapter. Enjoy! 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 8

Dinner table

Gabrielle didn’t need to look to see who their benefactors were but her eyes were drawn to the table anyway taking in the gallant way glasses were raised to them and it was then she realized he was accompanied by two other handsome men.

One was actually a player in the NFL whom she recognized and the other was the famous photojournalist who owned a hellacious house in a fashionable neighborhood called Royal Palm Estates on the island.

Camille looked at the offering and said softly, “Guys this is like one of the best bottles in the wine cellar. It’s almost three hundred dollars.” And the wine steward confirmed this.

Gabrielle didn’t dare look at the table again as she digested this information, her fine body hairs standing on end.

“Can you thank the gentlemen for us, Yves?” Rielle asked the steward.

Yves poured her suprised dinner companions each a glass and then he left.

The women turned and saluted the men before taking a sip of the chilled Pinot Grigio that went well with each of their meals. Even though they had occasionally been treated to drinks or meals when they went to restaurants, nothing like this had ever happened to them.

Rielle kept her eyes unfocused as she looked in their direction before turning back to her nearly finished plate and put her glass down after taking a sip of the crisp, straw colored liquid. Her thighs involuntarily tightened and her core clenched in reaction when she sneaked a peak back at the table at the handsome stranger who had taken a swallow of his drink, his smiling eyes on her all the while.

“You know the guy in the blue shirt actually fits the description that Gigi gave me for the architect. That must be him.” Georgie whispered as she looked over at the men speculatively.

She was familiar with Jarrod Stewart because her sister had rented him a house when he had first come down to the island and ended up selling him the high end property in Royal Palm Estates.

“The dark haired guy is pretty hot.” She continued as she eyed first the tall, brown haired man in the light green shirt and gray jacket and the tanned guy dark haired guy in the root beer colored shirt and black jacket.

“His name is Michael Hernandez, he plays for the Norfolk Admirals and he and Jarrod Stewart actually went to university together in Texas. The blond guy looks familiar but I can’t place him.” Andrea told them and they all looked at her.

“What? I saw the news story about the philanthropy work they’ve been doing to help underprivileged children by funding summer music camps. I'm not a journalist for nothing.” She said in answer to their unspoken question.

 “I’m going to the ladies room.” Rielle said quickly and laying her napkin on the table pushed her wooden chair back and wound her way around the tables to the peace and quiet of the restroom.

She looked in the mirror and saw her dilated eyes and shook her head in disgust wondering why just a stare from a handsome stranger would frazzle her like that.

It wasn’t like she hadn’t had boyfriends before and had finally slept with one ironically just before their long term relationship ended. They had parted as friends before she had been chosen for the team and she had put romance way on the back burner to concentrate on her studies and start training for the Olympics knowing that she could not have coped with a relationship in the mix. 

Rielle had been so proud to represent her home and wanted fiercely to do her best and men had not factored into the equation. At twenty-four she could see in hindsight she had been ill prepared to do a very good job with all three and it had been the best decision.

Mirror

“He’s only a guy. You’ve dealt with them before.” She said to her reflection and smoothed lip gloss onto her mouth, checked her teeth and prayed her eyes would look less like neon lights. Rielle opened the door and when she turned back to go down the hall into the dining room came face to face with the stranger.

He had taken off the jacket and his sky blue jacquard shirt was rolled up to reveal strong tan forearms and fawn pants and she looked up and met a pair of crystal blue eyes with tiny laugh lines in a suntanned face.

K.C.

Good Lord, he’s even better looking up close she thought taking in the stylishly cut dark blond hair and brows and a slightly off kilter nose that saved his face from being pretty. He had a sexy looking mouth above a strong chin that looked like someone had lightly pressed their thumb into it. He was tall and well built with broad shoulders, a trim waist and long legs and she was tempted to look at his hands but refrained.

Damn he looked like a GQ model as he stood casually with one hand in his pocket and even in the casual attire there was still an air of sophistication about him.

“Good evening, I hope you and your tablemates are enjoying the wine.” He said in a pleasant baritone voice that wrapped around and sent a thrill through her as they stood alone in the dimly lit hall.

“Yes, we are it was a very generous gesture. Thank you.” She answered graciously and stuck out her hand.

“My name is Gabrielle Hall. It’s nice to meet you.” She said pulling herself together and greeting him like she would any other visitor to the island.

She saw the corner of his mouth kick up and his eyes seemed to twinkle as his large hand slowly came up to engulf hers.

“The pleasure is all mine Ms. Hall, K.C. Whitfield at your service.”he replied softly as he looked down at her. 

Oh my God I am such a fool, she thought to herself. It was easy to tell herself he was just a man but when their skin touched she actually felt an electric current run up her arm and she looked up from their hands to meet his eyes. 

Rielle could feel her body responding to his touch . She was throbbing between her legs, her nipples were hardening and she wanted to cross her arms over breasts which felt heavy. He was easily the most compelling man she had met in a long time.






Chapter End Notes:

Whew! I am hot flashing like crazy and I mean literally!!

Thanks for hanging tough with me until the next chapter.