Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I love to use songs in stories but so far this story had not given me inspiration to add a song until now.  I used Alicia Keys song Falling at least parts of it.  I had a hard time letting Paris go, and I confess she may show up again, in the Hunters Stop Roadhouse series.


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Back at the hotel Dean grabbed a beer from the refrigerator then sat down in front of the television to flip through the channels.  Chet went in to take a shower.  Sam and Jo went to her room.  Sam followed her into the room.  They were both a bit shocked. Sam knew he should have been used to the bloodshed and his brother’s way of hunting, but it still got to him.  It’s not as though Dean had done anything wrong but Sam realized his brother dealt with things differently then most.  Sam sat down before he began to flip the channels absentmindedly.  He hit him a moment later that he hadn’t seen Jo since they came in the room; he had been lost in thought.

Oh baby
I, I, I, I'm fallin'
I, I, I, I'm fallin'

    “Jo?” he said as he got up to see if she were okay.
He stood behind the bath door and could hear her, he opened the door to find her sitting on the toilet lid crying.  She looked up when she saw him.  Her eyes were full of tears and she looked vulnerable to him.  He could only stare as it hit him that he liked Jo, a lot.  He went toward her and she came into his arms.  He held her close as he whispered soft words into her hair.  Why hadn’t he seen it before?  He wasn’t sure why she was crying maybe it was frustration, stress or anger at Dean.  At that moment, he just wanted to hold her, to comfort her, to be near her.


Oh baby
I, I, I, I'm fallin'
I, I, I, I'm fallin'
I keep on
Fallin'


    She looked up at him to apologize but the words were still on her lips when Sam put his lips softly against hers.  He could taste the salt of her tears, but it didn’t matter to him, it was what he wanted.  To taste her.  Jo didn’t stop him but encouraged his exploration of her mouth as she pushed her hands around his neck as she stood on tiptoe.  She wrapped her legs around his waist after he picked her up a moment later.  They greedily devoured one another lips until the need to take a break overwhelmed them.  Sam took her to the bedroom and laid her on the bed.
“Jo tell me you don’t want Dean,” he said with pleading in his voice.
“I don’t want Dean, I want you,” she said to him.
Sam wanted to believe her and for that moment, he did.  

    She pulled his tee shirt, which was wet from her tears over his head as she, leaned back to survey his muscular chest.  She ran her hands over it touching scars as she went.  Sam watched in fascination at her naiveté.  
“You are a big guy,” she said as she bit her lip.
“I won’t hurt you,” he said as he leaned down to kiss her neck.
“I know,” she whispered in his ear.
She couldn’t get enough of the feel of his body against her hands, he was again lost in the taste of her tongue, but their bodies were on fire, aching for more stimulation.  

    Jo reached for Sam’s zipper but he stopped her so he could get his wallet out to place on the table.  Jo took that moment to strip off her pants and top.  She lay in only her underwear as he took out the necessary protection for them.  
“We don’t have to do this,” he said even as he lay beside her with hand cupping her head.
“I want to.”
He unclasped her bra so he could massage her breasts slowly; Jo ran her fingers through his hair while her heart raced.  What am I doing? What about Paris?  He looked into Jo’s eyes and saw someone he wanted to get to know better.  
“What’s wrong?” she asked a she sat up to pull off her under wear.  
Jo smiled at him.  He was a take-charge man after all.  He straddled her body but stayed on his hands and knees so as not to suffocate her with his weight.  He went back to teasing her breasts thought this time he used his tongue as she moaned in delight.  He trailed tiny kisses all the way down to her belly button where he licked and sucked then smiled.  She dared to reach up to touch his erection as it stood out from his body at attention.  It felt satiny smooth but firm, she looked at him to see his smile.  
“I think its going to stay an inny,” he commented about her navel.
Jo laughed before she moaned again as he used his tongue on her tender spot.  
“Sam, oh, that’s it,” she said as he smiled to himself.  
Jo was just on the edge of a most exquisite orgasm when he dipped inside her.  Her slick opening accommodated him easily though he had been afraid of being too large for her.  He bucked against her and she pushed back with a smile before her eyes closed and she raked her fingers over his back with the ecstasy.  They worked up a nice sweat as they rocked together Sam did not want her to ever forget their first night together.  Though he wasn’t being gentle for the fun of it, he enjoyed Jo more than he ever expected.  She was something of a wild cat with her desire for the hard and fast as well as her love of leaving marks on him.  Afterward, she surprised him again.
“I will understand if this was a one time thing,” she said as she leaned down to kiss him.
“I wouldn’t,” he replied as he pulled her head down to his to continue the kiss.

    Dean woke up early to go pick up the puppy they had chosen the day before.  He grinned when he saw that Sam wasn’t in the room.  Sammy, Sammy, Sammy, what have you gotten yourself into?  For a moment, he considered going to Jo’s room to knock on the door but decided against it.  He would harass Sam later.  Once he had Amber’s gift  in the kennel in the room, he met Chet at the diner, but there was still no sign of Jo or Sam.
“Are you sure they are together?” Chet asked as he drank his coffee.
Dean shrugged as he phoned Sam.
“Hey,” Dean said as his brother’s groggy voice.
“Yeah?”
“It’s morning, Romeo.”
“When are we leaving?”
“After breakfast and we are about to eat.  Hey you are with Jo, right?”
Sam hung up.  Dean laughed,  I thought so.

    Ten minutes later, Jo and Sam arrived at the diner with knowing smiles on their faces.  
“Morning,” Jo said to no one in particular.
Chet nodded at her as he ate.  
“You two ordering?” Dean asked.
“We can get something at a drive thru,” Jo said.
“Not happening in my car, order now or wait till we stop for a rest.”
Sam rolled his eyes, Dean and his car.


I keep on
Falling
In and out of love with you
I never loved someone
The way that I love you


    On the drive back, Jo and Sam were quiet. Too quiet for Dean he assumed they had slept together but neither of them behaved like it after they left the restaurant.
“So um, Jo, what are you plans?” Dean asked as he looked in the mirror at her.
“I think I am staying a while longer, Sam offered to let me hang out downstairs.”
Dean shook his head.
“Sam you are once again making decisions without consulting me or Ari,” Dean said angry all of a sudden.
“I didn’t think you would mind,” Sam replied almost to himself.
Dean took notice of the concerned look on Sam’s face and noted he looked a bit uncomfortable. Dean sighed, maybe they could discuss it all later.  Sam realized he had a lot of thinking to do before he spoke Paris and she wasn’t going to take his decision well at all.

***

    Ari knew when Dean came in the house she felt warm all over as she stretched in the chair. She didn’t know when it had begun but she could sense him at times.  What was happening to her?  How could they be so connected?  She had been reading earlier before she dozed off and dreamed of the yellow eyed demon.  He had come to here and shown her inside her mind what happened to Jessica and to Mary Winchester.  Afterward the demon insisted that the end of the other women would also be her fate.  The dream was strange and more horrifying then her nightmares of hellhounds.  She had been glad when she woke up to find she was in her room where she had fallen asleep waiting for Dean to come home. My baby to come home. She sighed as an uneasiness settled inside her.  She bit her lip as Dean walked in the room with a smile on his face.  His eyes lit up when he saw she was awake.  Should I tell him about the dream?
“Hey,” he said as he dropped his back before he came to kneel in front of her.
“Hey yourself, glad you made it back.”
“I wanted to be the first to wish you a happy thirtieth birthday,” he said before she leaned down to kiss his waiting lips.  
He pushed his hands through her hair, loving the feeling of it all over again.  At times it surprised him how much he missed her when he was away.  His was on autopilot; his tongue found her mouth sweet as he teased her tongue with his own.  However, her response was hesitant, something was wrong.

    Sam said good night to Jo in the kitchen, he hugged her and went to face Paris downstairs.  “Good luck,” Jo said.
Sam sighed as he say that Paris was sound asleep with a magazine beside her in the bed.  He moved the publication before undressing and getting into bed.  Paris moved a bit in her sleep as he lay down.  He waited, watched her a few minutes but she did not wake up.  He considered waking her but decided what he had to say needed to be said when she was awake. This could get nasty, though I never invited her to come long term.  I should have sent her home when she showed up.  She and I barely know one another.  What a mess.


I keep on falling
In and out of love
With you
Sometimes I love ya
Sometimes u make me blue
Sometimes I feel good
At times I feel used
Lovin you darlin'
Makes me so confused


     Ari leaned up with a hesitant smile.
“Ari?”
She swallowed.
“Sorry it’s just a weird angle my neck is a bit stiff from falling a sleep in this chair,” she said.
She stood up as held out his hand.   He pulled her into his arms with his hands around her waist.
“Tell me what’s wrong,” he whispered.
He was good at making her comfortable about telling him things.  She put her arms around his neck before she looked in his eyes.
“Just another dream, ….,” she said unconvincingly.
But he could see in her eyes that she was disturbed if not frightened.  He ran his fingers down her face before he tilted her chin up so he could kiss her again.  She moaned against his lips as she pushed her chest against his, she needed to feel safe again.  The longer she avoided the thought of the demon the more the fear moved in her chest.  He let the discussion go for the moment as he went to the other side of the bed then reached for the bottom drawer.  Ari held her breath, she needed to seem surprised.
“Hey what are you doing?” she asked as she sat on the edge of the bed.
“You will see,” he said with a smile in his voice.
She wet her lips.

    Paris watched Sam sleep, he had nodded off right after he got in bed.  She hadn’t been asleep just curious to see if he would wake her or not.  She had missed him but she acknowledged that Ari was right.  She was not what Sam needed.  As much as she cared about him, she could not be Ari and hang around waiting for her man.  It wasn’t in her to stay and wait.  She sighed as she put the note she had written him on the pillow.  She had thought she would say good-bye to him in the daylight but thought better of it.  She wiped a stray tear away as she headed for the door.  She would spend what was left of the night at a hotel.  She believed she might love Sam Winchester but decided the one thing she could do right in her life was to leave him alone to explore if in the distant future he may still have interest in her once the hunting was done, if that ever happened.  


Oh, oh , I never felt this way
How do you give me so much pleasure
And cause me so much pain
Just when I think
Ive taken more than would a fool
I start fallin' back in love with you

I keep on
Fallin'
In and out of love with you
I never loved someone
The way that I love you


“Well, I put Amber’s gift in her room and it may wake her up early so be prepared.”
He said with his back to her.
“You got her a new puppy?”
“Yep I hope she likes it.
Ari looked at him with a raised eyebrow.
“What?”
“What kind?” she asked with a smile.
“Golden ..um noodle”
She laughed, then smiled wide.
“What?”
“A Goldenpoodle, you mean a cross between a Golden Retriever and a Poodle?”
“Yes its, black and will get fairly large but they said it was easy to train.”
Ari smiled at him.  He was trying so hard to get Amber to like him.  Though she knew Amber already treated him as she would a father, her daughter liked him but was friendlier with Sam because he acted as a big brother toward her.

    “Ari, I don’t know when but sometime in the future I want us to be official,… you know married,” he said with his voice full of hope as she sat beside her.
“Was there a question in that?”
He smiled.
“Will you marry me?”
“I….Yes at some point I would love to,” she teased him as he put the ring on her finger.
“Thank you,” he whispered before she held up her hand to admire it.
“You don’t have to do this Dean, like I said before I am not going anywhere.”
“But it helps right?” he said with his head to the side.
“It sure doesn’t hurt, its beautiful.  But most importantly I love you for making my  birthday, Awesome.”
She decided to wait to tell him her dream, if ever.  She wasn’t going to run away from this man because of something he had no control over.  Dean did what he could to keep them safe and that was all she could ask for.  She smiled up at him as he pushed her to the bed.  

    Paris checked into the hotel with very little decorum, she wasn’t in the room before he tears hit her full force.  She had left her job to come stay with Sam, she must have been delirious.  As much as she felt she loved him she should have known it would not work.  After a few minutes she wiped her face and opened her pint of Ben & Jerry’s Cherry Garcia, that is how she moved on.  She had to make a new plan, she needed to move on from Sam Winchester despite the tears that filled her eyes all over again.


I keep on falling
In and out of love
With you
Sometimes I love ya
Sometimes u make me blue
Sometimes I feel good
At times I feel used
Lovin you darlin'
Makes me so confused

I keep on
Fallin'
In and out of love with you
I never loved someone
The way that I love you

TBC