Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


A couple days after they had returned from the trip to the Upper Peninsula, UP, Dean was in the basement making repairs on a couple of items as well as painting, when he heard a car outside.  Sam, Ari, Amber and Jo had all gone shopping while Chet had gone to Milwaukee for the night to meet up with a woman friend he knew in the area.  Dean looked out the window to see a Silver SUV drive up and a tall blonde man get out.  He put the hammer down before he went up to see who the stranger could be.  

    They arrived at the back door at the same time.  Dean did not immediately address the man but waited to see what he had to say as he stood at his full height.   He left no doubt that he was the owner of the house, even though it was in name only.  
“Hi, I’m Milton Adams, I am looking for Arianna,” the man said.
“My fiancée isn’t here; can I help you with something?” Dean asked not giving away his uncomfortable feeling at having this tall blonde man ask for Ari.
“Oh, okay. I sold her the horses I just wanted to make sure they were doing well.  Do you mind if I take a peek while I am here?”
Dean shrugged.  
“Hold on I’ll go with you,” he said as went to the kitchen up to wash his hands before he followed Milton to the stable in the back.
As they walked, Milton felt the need to talk, he had been attracted to Ari but if Dean had gone that extra step to ask her to marry him then he would be gracious.  Though Milton believed Ari needed a more civilized man.  She was an elegant lady who needed someone like him who was cultured and did business deals and owned acres of land.  He decided if he played his cards right he could possibly end up with Ari at some point.  He would think about a plan to do that later.  
“Well congratulations are in order, that’s good.  I know she had hoped for you to ask her,” he said to the man beside him though is heart was not in it.  
“Yeah things are good,” Dean said a bit unenthusiastically.  
Ari spoke to this stranger about me?  Dean wondered what else she had told the guy.  He was not happy to hear this new revelation.  His lips were suddenly dry as they approached the horses in their stalls.  
“Do they get much exercise? I mean it’s the middle of the day and they are inside,” Milton said in an accusing tone.
“They get plenty they were out earlier before Ari and the rest left.  I do not think its your business now that we own the horses,” Dean insisted with a frown.
“You know you are right, I came to see Ari but since you have staked your claim I thought I would have a look see.”
“Staked my claim?  She is not like one of these horses.  You actually think of women in those terms?”
Milton smiled, “I guess I do.  Tell her I came by will you?” he said as he strode back toward his vehicle.
Dean shook his head as the man walked away.  The nerve.

    When Ari returned she and Amber were both in a great mood.
“Hi Dean,” Amber said as she took her bags to her room.
“Hey Munchkin, you and your mother leave any thing at the store for the rest of the people?” he asked the little girl with a grin as she went to her room.
“Of course, silly,” she said before she shut her door.
“Hey,” Ari said as she put her arms around him from behind.
Dean stiffened at her touch and she noticed but did not say anything.
“Hey, yourself,” he said as he turned in her embrace.”
She could tell something was wrong the way he avoided her gaze.  Sam and Jo walked through the kitchen before Ari could address the issue.
“Hey Dean, did you get everything done?” Sam asked as Jo kept walking.
“Um, well not everything but I put a dent in it.   I had a visitor and I kind of lost the mood after he left,” Dean said as he disentangled himself from Ari as he left the room.
Sam shrugged, “A visitor?”
Ari frowned as she followed Dean into the study.

    “What the hell is going on?” she asked as he sat at the desk with his feet up.
“You tell me.”
“Dean, no you are the one with the attitude all of a sudden, when I Ieft here everything was fine,” she said as she took the seat in front of the desk.
Dean didn’t know what to say his mind was muddled.  Why had she pretended she didn’t want to be engaged when she told a stranger she did want it?  He could only look at her, though he knew she was right they were great this morning, more than great.  But how did he explain without feeling like a chick?  
“It was Milton, that came by to see you.”
“Why?  I told him I would not go out with him.  Our business is done,” she said with sincerity.
“He asked you out?”
She bit her lip, “I thought I told you, yes he did but I said no.  I said I was with someone that I was in love already.”
“You did?”
“Yes.  Don’t tell me that you are acting weird because you ….are jealous?”
She didn’t wait for an answer, she just moved his legs down so she could sit in his lap.
 
    “You told him you wanted me to marry you?”
“Um, Dean, I saw the ring while you were gone.  I was looking for the ring I usually wear when I found it…  I had mixed feelings when I saw it. ”
“But…you said,”  he started.
“I said you did not have to ask me to marry you, that is still true.  You can take the ring back anytime you want, but it won’t stop me from loving you.”
He kissed her but all he really wanted to do was hold her and appreciate her words, though he still did not feel deserving.  Milton had money, land and property despite his horrible attitude toward women.  Didn’t women want stuff?  Stuff he could never give Ari.
He pushed her away after a minute.
“This is wrong.”
“What?”
“Us, a guy like Milton has everything that you could want.  I have nothing.”
Ari stopped him from getting up as she looked in his eyes, his eyes that refused to look in hers.

    “Do you want me?” she asked.
“Yeah but you deserve more, I shouldn’t have asked you to marry me.  I can’t do that to you.”
“Dean, don’t I get a choice at who I want?”
He finally looked in her eyes again.  She put her arms around his neck.
“The answer is we both get to choose.  You asked me to marry you and I said yes.”
“So its settled?” he asked as he ran his hands through her hair.
He didn’t think he could ever be good enough to deserve her devotion but he promised himself to make her happy as he had in his power to do.  

    Amber came in the room while they kissed.  Ari hesitated because she did not want to let go of Dean.  They pulled their lips away from one another.
“Mommy, I can’t find Sam.”
“That’s okay, Munchkin, we will go out with you.  Go get you shoes on, okay.”
While Amber got her shoes on, Dean pulled Ari to him for another kiss.  She smiled against his lips while he still held her in his strong arms.
”Why would you ever think I would want anyone else?” she asked as she gazed into his eyes.
“It was a lapse, okay.”
She got up to pull him to his feet.  
Well get it out of your head, you are stuck with me.”

    Dean saw the door to Sam’s room shut and assumed that Jo was in with him.  Amber came into the hallway to meet them to go outside.
“Where is Sammy?”
“Not sure, we can find him when we get back,” Ari said.
“I think he is in his room kissing Jo,” Amber said as the walked out the back door.
Dean hid a smile.
“Now why would you think that?” Ari asked.
“I saw them kissing earlier,” the little girl said before she ran ahead of them before the puppy barked and began to follow her toward the barn.  
“Who knows,” Dean said as he took Ari’s hand.

    Sam rubbed his eyes as he woke up.  He didn’t remember lying down, why am I so tired.  The last thing he remembered was Jo telling him she was going to do some research.  He sat on the edge of the bed and realized it seemed quiet in the house.  He stretched as he went to stand in the hall.  The house was silent. Where was everyone?
He went to the kitchen window and saw his brother with Ari  and Amber going toward the barn on the horses with Sammy Doo barking behind them.  He smiled to himself.  Okay, so where is Jo?  

    Downstairs he found Jo in the living room on her laptop.  
“Hey sleepy head how was your nap?”
“Good I guess I do not know why I was so sleepy.”
“Maybe because we were up so late last night.  Aww it was not memorable all the sex we had?” Jo teased him.
He smiled as he began to remember.
{Flashback-night before}
He had begun to have second thoughts about sleeping with Jo partially because his emotions were not stable.  He had cared for Paris and the thing with Jo seemed too rushed.  He had gone in his room to find Jo naked on the bed.  He closed the door but could not take his eyes off of her.  She had her eyes closed and her hand between her legs.  She was lost in her on world.  He was turned on by the sight of her stroking herself.  He undressed quietly while he continued to observe her she seemed to be on the edge of an orgasm as she bucked her hips against her hand.  He was mentally torn as he put his hand around his aching erection.  Before he considered the consequences he was on the bed with her.  She opened her eyes and smiled.  
“I thought you would talk yourself out of joining me,” she said with a grin.
She reached for a condom that she had by the bed so she could put it on him before she straddled him and he slid inside her all at once.  
“That is so much better,” she said.
“Jo, I.”
“Don’t say anything, work with me here okay.”
Sam gave into the pleasure though admittedly his heart was not in it. She felt so tight and good around him.  He felt a bit guilty when they were done.  He believed he had been irresponsible, he mind was not clear any longer.  He even considered a talk with his brother was in order.
{End Flashback}
Jo had no idea about Sam’s state of mind.  He only smiled when she spoke of them having sex the night before.  He really needed advice. Sex and relationships were serious to him.  He was uncomfortable making intercourse a regular occurrence with just anyone even Jo despite the fact that he liked her and was a bit attracted to her.  
“Hey I will see you in a bit,” he said as he practically ran back upstairs.

    He saw Dean at the kitchen table when he got upstairs.
“Hey um you got a minute?” he asked his big brother.
“Sure, step into my office,” Dean said as Sam followed him down the hall.
He could hear Amber as she spoke with her mother in the little girls room.
“Mommy, Sammy said he would read to me tonight, is that okay?”
“Sure Honey, but if he changes his mind you know I will.”
“Okay,” he heard Amber say as he shut the door.

    “Hey what’s up Bro, you seem down.”
“Dean, I have to say I never thought I would need sex advice from you, but….”
“Really you never thunk it huh?”
“No, I have always had my standards my way of dealing with women that rarely had anything to do with sex.”
“Hum, and now you are horny all the time?”
“Yeah, something like that.  It’s not right though man.  It’s not me.  I cared about Paris when we were first together.  Then that changed a bit when Jo showed up.  But Jo she is just so young I mean she is willing, though I think she is still crazy for you…but its not right.  It seems very wrong.”
Dean put his feet up on the desk as he contemplated the situation.
“I agree with you if you do want to be with Jo, you should maybe back up and do it right.”
“What?”
“You heard me, tell her its going to be about a relationship or nothing.”
“Christo,” Sam said almost under his breath.
“I heard that, Sammy.  It’s me,” Dean smiled.
“Really, I mean you agree that its all wrong?”
“Yep.”
“Why?”
“It’s not you, Sam. You have never let your passions run wild this way.  It’s weird to me to be honest.”
“Yeah it has been strange.  I got to admit it though I don’t hate sex that is certain.  But, I could never be like you were before you met Ari.”
 .”
“Oh, I know Sammy.”
“It’s Sam.”

    Chet came back the next day in a great mood.  Dean smiled Chet seemed to be a bit more happy after his booty call the night before.
“Hey Chet, how is it going?”
“Great, a beautiful day.”
“Yes it is.”
“Well we got a call late last night from Ellen.  Looks like we are getting a new boarder temporarily. “
“Have you two heard of him before?” Chet asked.
“No we thought you might know her.  Wynell Harris?”
“Oh, yeah, we um dated for a bit.  She is a good egg,” Chet said as his smile fell.
Dean could tell hearing the lady’s name had made Chet unhappy but there was nothing they could do about that.  But the lady was only passing through on her way up North.  How much drama could come of a couple days stay involve, right?


TBC