Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This story is complete but it will be a while before I have all twenty three chapters posted.  The person portraying Evangeline in his story is Nicole Parker.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Evangeline Benson procrastinated in her car.  Why am I hesitating?  I wanted this story now I can’t get my butt in gear.  She sketched for a few more minutes on her pad; of course her idea of sketching would put most artists to shame.  She sat there drawing a calm lake surrounded by swaying green trees.  Then she jumped when something hit her window.  
“Oh my gosh, Dean,” she said as she open the car and went into his waiting arms.
“Good to see you too,” he said into her ear before he pulled back to look her over.
“Stop it,” she blushed.
“It’s so good to see you I was going to call you after I left here to see where you were to tell you about this story.”
“Looks like we read your mind,” Dean teased.
Sam stood stock still in shock.  The girl had shoulder length straight black hair, gorgeous paper sack tan coloring, slim, shapely, and the most gorgeous green gold eyes he had ever seen.  She was obviously mixed; she reminded him of a young Nicole Parker.  He was jealous of Dean right away.  Sam cleared his throat since he had no doubt been forgotten.
“I’m sorry, Vangie, this is Sammy.”
“Sam,” Sam corrected as he smiled at her and was rewarded as she showed her perfect teeth again set beneath a slightly flared button nose and above slightly full lips.
“Nice to meet you,” she said.

    “So how is married life treating you?” Dean asked as her smile faded.
“I’m a widow, Dean, my husband was sent over seas again after we had been married a month when he was killed.”
“I’m sorry,” Dean replied pulling her gently into his arms again.
That had to be a record for hugs, Sam thought, at least in Dean’s case.
This time when she pulled away from Dean he looked into her eyes for a few moments, moments that seemed forever to Sam, before kissing her forehead.  Sam could tell this girl had some type of hold on Dean.  He did remember something about Vangie that he had mentioned but it had been more than a year ago.

    “I know you were looking forward to marriage before,” Dean sympathized as he began to rub her arm.  He kept doing it in small circular motions but she didn’t seem to notice, he actually seemed to be doing it unconsciously.  It drove Sam crazy right away.  He cleared his throat again.
“We should get started, Dean.”
”I’m sorry, hey you guys can go in with me,” she said showing them her press pass.
They were at the scene of the latest suicide, the third one in the same family.  The victims were all teens but each victim lived in a different town.
 
    Vangie led the way in past the cops, then Sam talked to the CSI people while she wandered and took notes; Dean went upstairs.  Once Dean was upstairs he took out his monitor to scan for paranormal activity.  The first two rooms were clean but the bedroom showed a bleep of activity just before Vangie walked in.  Dean frowned.
“Find anything?”
“I thought I did but it went away.”
“Maybe residual…”
“Hey, you two find anything?” Sam said as he walked in interrupting their conversation.
Dean told him they would talk about it over dinner.  They invited Vangie and she agreed to meet them at a local hang out both Dean and she knew about.

    In the car Sam was full of questions.
“So she was engaged when you two hung out?”
Dean nodded with a smile.
“You didn’t?”
“Sammy I do respect engagement rings of course we didn’t,” Dean said with a grin.
“But, you wanted to I’m sure.”
”Look she and I hung out, she’s a fun person.”
“Fun, you don’t do fun for fun sakes; you had to have known you wouldn’t end up in her bed,” Sam said concerned.
Dean frowned now.
“Okay, I knew and she knew but we still enjoyed our time together, even if we didn’t get physical.”
Sam looked at Dean’s profile as he drove he had that silly crooked grin.
“You kissed her didn’t you?”
Dean didn’t answer.
“Oh my gosh you kissed an engaged woman, have you no shame?”
“Actually she kissed me, but that was it, it was a goodbye kiss.”


{Flashback}
They were outside his hotel where she had stayed the night before with him.  They had shared the same bed but both slept with their clothes on.  Dean had never done that before but it felt right because he was to leave the next morning.  He never thought he would see her again.  She had let him hold her in his arms while they listened to the sound of the air conditioning and were quiet together.  The next morning, they stood next to his car just looking in one another eyes, then she bridged the gap between them and kissed him.  He gave into it knowing it was wrong since she belonged to someone else but she went all the way.  He pushed his tongue in her mouth and she accepted it willingly.  Finally her conscience must have kicked in because she stopped and stared at him.  He thought she might stop him from leaving but she just smiled and gave him a last hug before he got in the car and drove away.
{End Flashback}
Sam shook his head, his head hurt.  I think I’m jealous Dean will never know because I’m going to be so cool, I hope.

    At the pizza place Dean and Sam were waiting when Vangie showed up.  She came in with a woman of her same build and height, about five seven, this girl had more Spanish features with medium brown hair with honey highlights, but she had the same eyes.
“Hey, did we keep you waiting long enough?” Vangie laughed as she sat next to Dean.
“No problem we ordered for us all,” Dean teased.
“You know how well that would have gone over,” she said as she pinched him on the leg.
“Okay I forgot how mean you were.”
“Just a reminder,” she said as she rubbed his thigh, affectionately.
“This is my cousin, Dawn.  My mother and her father are sister and brother.”
Dawn smiled as she said hello to them both.  Sam started to feel better about the situation after Dawn flashed her pearly whites at him.
 
    Vangie told them that Dawn was like her sister she told her everything; since both of them only had brothers as siblings.  
“I hope its okay Dean, she knows about your real jobs.”
Sam rolled his eyes while Dean tried to assure Vangie that she had done nothing wrong.
“Not a problem, so this suicide situation stinks of demons, right Sam?”
Sam nodded.
“Some sort of influence that would want one family to suffer or maybe to stop there from being another generation.”
“That makes sense, but how do people draw these things to them?  It has to be someone in the family,” she said before she looked at Dean’s face.
“I’m sorry that didn’t come out right,” she whispered in his ear.
“No, you have a point I just don’t know our family’s connection on that front, personally,” Dean said.

    When the pizza came they began conversations with the person who sat beside them.
“If you two are going back tonight I want to tag along,” Vangie said to Dean who had fully expected that from her.
He grinned at her she was the same energetic bundle of excitement he remembered.  He was glad she still enjoyed life despite what had happened.  He knew she must have been devastated when she heard about her husband’s death.  
“Sure you’re welcome to come.”
“Thanks, you’re awfully quiet tonight,” she said turning his face to look at her right before he was about to take a bite of pizza.  He sat the piece down.
“Sorry just thinking about these suicides,” he lied.
“I can still tell when you are lying,” she smiled as she bit into his piece of pizza then handed it to him.
“Very cute, too bad we can’ have a food fight here,” he said with a sparkle in his eyes.
“Food fight? Don’t even think about it,” Sammy warned.
Dean looked innocent.
“Why are you dipping into our conversation, Sam?”
Sam laughed, “Sorry, I just don’t want to get kicked out of her tonight. It doesn’t make for a good first impression,” he said as he smiled at Dawn.

    Sam was surprised that Vangie didn’t walk to the car with Dean.
“You guys, fight?” Sam asked.
Dean just looked at him.
“Oh no, Vangie is meeting up with us to go back to the house in an hour.”
“So, I don’t get to decide whether I want her to come?”
“No.”
“Wait this is because you’re the oldest, right?”
“Yes.”
“You know that worked when we were kids but not that I’m older you should respect my opinion.”
“You’re right Sammy, is it okay if Vangie comes with us tonight?”
“It’s fine but she better call me, Sam,” he insisted.
Dean laughed.

    At the house they were able to get in through the basement window where they could tell there was no unusual activity.  They checked all the rooms again.  When Sam wandered off by himself he found something and called them into the kitchen where he was but when they arrived the beeping stopped.  
“That’s what happened earlier,” Dean said as they went back to the car.
“You know it makes sense that whatever this is needs the person to be alone to work on them.  Both times you guys were in the room alone when the monitor went off.”
Dean agreed that made sense because the suicides were all committed when the kids were home alone.  But the family connection was another matter they needed to look into.

    Sam left Vangie and Dean alone by the Impala.  Vangie was hesitant to be in his arms now that they were alone, but she wanted to be there so bad it scared her.  Dean took control and held her close to him.  His hands were around her waist and her head against his chest.  She relaxed as she wrapped her arms around him.  Why was he so comforting? It wasn’t his words that set him apart it was his actions they drew her to him.  She knew he wasn’t the sentimental type he could even be crude and indifferent but none of that mattered when she was so close to him.  He was an honest, caring person, a person she had fallen for when she had no business falling.  Dean leaned down to kiss her and she opened her mouth for him eager to be engulfed by his passion.
 
    It was better than he had remembered.  Maybe because of the guilt they had both held back more than he recalled.  She put her arms around his neck to pull him closer to her and he obliged her.  After a few minutes he felt the cold wind whip through the parking lot.  She looked at him as they stopped kissing.  He smiled what he hoped was an encouraging smile as she took his hand to head to her car.
“I should go, you want to meet for breakfast?” she asked.
“I kind of hoped we could have breakfast in bed,” he said.
“In time, Young Skywalker,” she teased.
He smiled.  She was right they should go slow they couldn’t go from friends to lovers in a day.  He clasped his fingers with hers.
“I can deal with that,” he said as a way of apologizing.
“Don’t give it a second thought,” she said with one last kiss before she got in her Jeep.

TBC