Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This is the second story in the Road House series of Four stories.  Please leave feedback because even though you will feel fairly content at the end of Story Three I promised my readers four stories.  Feel free to add ideas in the feedback section as the story goes along.  Thanks for reading.



Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the next story in the Road House series.  It begins fairly close to where Sins & Transgressions ended.  Enjoy and please leave feedback.


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Two months later,

Dean and Sam had been gone for over a month. Dean insisted it was there Iowa tour. He phoned Ari every couple of days to tell her he missed her desperately. Ari felt bad that she had a secret from him. So far only her new diary/journal knew.

Dear Journal,

I have not had my period since Dean left town. I am overdue by at least three weeks. I do not know if a baby would be welcomed in our life right now. But I do know I could never abort Dean's child. What am I going to do? I have considered packing up my things to move on, but I love Dean so much. Besides, I cannot move Amber again. She loves her animals and longs for Sammy to come home, just like I anxiously await Dean's return. This was so not how I planned it. I can only guess our one night of repeated lovemaking somehow counter acted my pills. Now I really need to get to a doctor and make sure if there is a baby that it is healthy and safe. What have I done?

Ari tried extremely hard to appear as though all was well with her, she did not want Amber to worry that her mom was sick. She had very little morning sickness so she felt her secret was safe. It was good that they had the half bath in her and Dean's room. Jo as well as Chet had gone on the hunt with them so she had the house to herself until Missouri arrived one day for a visit.

Missouri had a smile on her face as she faced Ari from the other side of the screen door.

"Hey," Ari said she knew who the woman was from the description Sam had given her.

Despite the fact that she was fairly certain it was Miss Moseley she asked her a question she hoped few knew. Once that was answered she smiled before she opened the door.

"I do not mind a bit of a test, you need to be careful these days. You do not look well," Missouri said as she followed Ari up the stairs. She did not want to concern her hostess but anyone who could change into another person or possess them would know the correct response to how old Sam was when his mother died. She would discuss that with her later.

"Oh, I'm fine," Ari said not quite certain about the ladies abilities.

Missouri sat her bags down in the kitchen as she had a look around. She seemed impressed just by her expression as she took in the tidy house, as Ari watched her.

"You can have Sam's room if you like," Ari suggested after a few moments of not knowing what to say.

"That's fine, I'm sorry I didn't call ahead I thought you might be lonesome with the boys away and Jo," the older lady said as she sat her bag down again in the room.

"Oh it's good you came I could use some company. Not many hunters through here the last couple of weeks. Ellen has been good about passing the word but I have had only one that was not announced and I had to use my training to make sure they were Kosher," she rambled.

"Looks like you are doing a fine job," Missouri said as she followed Ari to the kitchen.

"I hope so."

"So does Dean know about the baby?" Missouri asked.

Ari nearly dropped the teapot she had been about to fill. She swallowed, the woman had not even touched her. Maybe because she was the only one in the house it was easier to read her.

"Um, well no. I really do not know what I am going to do," Ari confessed.

"Why Honey, you are going to have a little Winchester. You don't need to be afraid to tell Dean. I know how he is but a baby is a gift…, " the older lady said with a smile.

"Oh, I do not think he would like this news."

"That boy loves you, you need to keep that in mind. He will be happy maybe not right away I guess. You know Dean is an enigma, but he is a good man just like his father and Sam."

"So I shouldn't worry?"

Missouri shook her head.

"Worry is bad for the baby, he will understand, I guarantee you that. Now where is your little Amber?"

"Oh, the man that sold us the horses took her out for a bit to ride. He is a nice guy."

"You trust him alone with her?"

"Oh absolutely," Ari smiled.

There was a noise outside then the back door opened and closed. Footsteps sounded on the stairs as Milton and Amber came in with grins.

"Hey you two," Ari said.

"Hi Mommy. Who is the lady?" Amber asked as she stood in front of Missouri.

Missouri thought the little girl was the spitting image of her mother, a beautiful child. She certainly hoped that the horseman was not a pervert. She touched the little girl's curls and was relieved to find no anxious energies present. She also seemed happy and well behaved.

"Oh, this is Missouri, Sam and Dean's friend who helped to raise them. She is staying a while."

"Nice to meet you," Amber said with a grin as she reached to touch Missouri's braids.

The older lady beamed at the little girl. Milton smiled as he said hello. Missouri did not like him at all, but she was quiet and only nodded. Ari prepared tea for the adults and chocolate milk for Amber. They sat at the table for a while as they discussed the weather and pets. It seemed Missouri hadn't had a pet since she was a little girl and could not wait to go out with Amber to see the puppy.

Milton got up to leave as soon as the older lady and Amber left the kitchen.

"Thanks for taking her out," Ari said as Milton put his cup in the sink.

He was a bit close to her so she moved away to clean off the table.

"It wasn't a problem. Hey my niece is coming down next week maybe Amber can ride with her, she is the same age."

Ari bit her lip as she hesitated. She really needed to stay away from Milton though Amber needed friends desperately since it was summer and she would not start preschool for a month.

"I really don't know, usually I ride with her, how about I let you know, I just wasn't feeling well today," she said so that he would leave.

"I know well, see you later then," he said with a smile as he left.

She knew Dean would not be happy that he was hanging around even though it was not with her so much as the horses. She looked at the window to see Missouri as she sat on the bench in the shade and watched Amber and Sammy Doo. Ari washed her hands to go out to join them before the phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Ari, Baby, how are you?" Dean asked.

"I'm fine, the question is how are you? You are the one out there fighting evil. "

"I'm great. Hey my geeky brother had a vision last night."

"Really?" she said as she bit her lip.

"Yeah, it was a vision about us having a baby. I told him that had to be a prophecy, something way in the future," he said with a smile in his voice.

"Um, yeah that would be something for later after we finally say our I do's," she said as she stalled.

"Exactly, but in this vision you had twins. I told him it was the pizza," Dean added.

"Pizza will do that," Ari said unconvincingly, though she added a little laugh.

I know I need to tell him, why can't I just do it?

Dean asked her how things were going at the house, since they had not spoken in a couple of days. She let him know Missouri was there to stay a bit.

"She never liked me much but I am sure she will like you."

"She said good things about you, Honey, I think she is all bark and no bite if you think she does not like you."

"Maybe."

"I love you," Ari said a bit hesitant.

How can I say that when I am with important information from him? And a baby no less, she took a deep breath.. She had no idea that Dean could hear the fear in her voice. He did not let on. He would give her time to get whatever it was figured out. If he were home it would be easier but he was hundreds of miles away and maybe her secret was better off kept until he could hold her again.

"I love you too. I will let you go for now, tell Amber and Missouri I said hello too."

"I will, talk to you soon, and stay safe, okay."

"Of course," he said as he handed the phone to the nurse.

Ari wasn't the only one with a secret. Dean had been laid up with a broken leg for almost two weeks. He had fractured it as he fell from a rooftop. He was blessed to not have broken his back though he still had a brace on it. The doctor insisted the way he had fallen had saved his life. Sam walked in the room with Jo and Chet.

"Did you phone Ari?"

"Yes," Dean said as he reached for the book on Iowa urban legends.

"I don't suppose you told her about you accident."

"Nope."

"Stubborn ass," Sam said as he took a seat and reached for the remote.

"Jerk," Dean said as Jo rolled her eyes.

She had considered phoning Ari but Dean had threatened her within an inch of her life when she looked as though she had the idea to call. She still wanted to stay on his good side so she had resisted the temptation.

Three days later, Ari went to her doctor's appointment. She had insisted to Amber that she would bring her back a surprise if she would stay with Missouri and be a good little girl. Amber agreed with a big smile a she waved at her mother as she backed out of the drive in her Mustang. Ari arrived at the doctor's office with two minutes to spare she went in right away to see the doctor. He was a tall Caucasian man with white hair and a kind smile. She liked him right away.

It was a basic exam and it was confirmed that just like the little stick had told her two days before, she was definitely pregnant. She could not stop the tears as the came while she put her clothes back on. Well, I will need to get used to that all over again, she thought as she sighed. The doctor came back in to give her some iron pills, a pep talk and another appointment date then she was on her way. She stopped at Wal-mart to grab a couple of treats for Amber and while she was there she roamed the infants department. She daydreamed about having a baby boy for Dean, and wondered how he would look. She was lost in thought when someone tapped her on the shoulder.

She turned to find Milton stood behind her with a grin on his face.

"I thought that was you," he said.

"Yep, just getting a couple things for Amber," she said as she showed him the paint set she had picked.

"Oh, okay. You know someone who is having a baby?" he asked.

"No, I was just looking at all the small outfits they are so tiny," she said as she led him away from the area.

"Yes, I hear babies start out small," he teased as they headed toward the register together.

She had noticed he held a pair of flip-flops and some deodorant. She did not have much to say to him, mostly because she did not want to break down and cry in front of the man who had made known to her that he still had interest in her despite her engagement. Her plan was to break all contact with him unfortunately she had not known how to explain to her daughter why they couldn't see him, yet. He wasn't a bad guy but it felt wrong for him to be around when Dean was gone. She knew Dean did not like Milton because of his attitude or his desire to have her. She couldn't blame him though she looked over the fact that Jo, who had proclaimed to love Dean was still around.

She sighed when she was in the car again. She took a deep breath as she took out her cell phone. I need to tell him, it's only right. She phoned four times and no one picked up. She put the phone back in her purse as she wondered where he could be, though he could easily be out hunting, since that was why he was away. She waited a few minutes with the hope that he might call back. She wasn't a fan of driving and talking at the same time.

Dean heard the phone but since he was flat on his back and unable to reach it he had to wait for Sam to come back up from the cafeteria.

"Any time will be good Sammy."

"Damn it, Dean give me a sec," he said as tried to balance the phone, his plate of food plus a drink.

"Sorry, Francis I forgot your big hands were clumsy."

"Jerk."

"Bitch, Just give me the phone," he said with a smile as he took the cell from his brother.

Ari had just given up waiting to start the car when the phone rang. She shifted back to park before she grabbed it.

"Hey."

"Hey Sweetie, you called?"

"Yeah I need to tell you something," she said as the tears came again.

"Go ahead."

He could hear the nervousness again. This was the reason she had been fearful before.

"I'm pregnant Dean, I just found out for sure…."

"Pregnant? What the hell, Ari?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't plan this, I promise…."

Sam looked as his brother. Why was he angry?

"Wait Ari…"

Dean felt as though he couldn't breath he wanted badly to get up from the bed and hit something. Damn it. Deep breath. She isn't the only one responsible.

"I know you aren't happy but I want to keep it, if I have to leave then I will…"

"Ari, I…"

"Please don't be mad at me."

"Ari, listen okay," he said with a sigh.

He wasn't good with change and lately changes had come rapidly. But a baby?

Sam mouthed, "She's pregnant?"

Dean pointed to the door, so Sam would leave the room. Sam rolled his eyes as he picked up his snack to go outside the room.

"Stop talking," Dean snapped.

Ari was silent. She knew he wouldn't be happy about her announcement but she had not been ready for him to be angry. But he had that right, they had tried to be careful most of the time.

"Ari, I need to think okay, can you give me some time?" he asked with less anger in his voice.

Breathe, I love this woman. But, good Lord why now? I need to think. Breathe.

"Sure," she said simply as fear gripped her heart.

"Okay," he said before he hung up.

Ari sat in the car with the cell in her hand. She couldn't move. He thinks I did this on purpose, Oh God. Milton saw her in the car and came over.

"Hey I thought you were gone, are you okay?"

"Um, yeah I'm fine. I have to go," she said as she tried to smile as she started the car while he stood stunned outside.

She backed up and drove away as he watched.

Dean had his eyes closed when Sam came back in the room.

"Dean I know you aren't asleep. What did Ari say?"

"Nosy, that would be my business."

Sam scrunched his face up.

"You didn't tell her you are in the hospital, again."

"Yeah well Francis I have other things on my mind now."

"I heard you say she was pregnant."

"Mr. Eavesdropper, I didn't say she was pregnant, she did," he said as he frowned up at his brother whose mouth dropped open.

"Just like in my vision?"

For a moment Dean had forgotten the vision, so much of it he had yet to reveal to Ari, of course at the time he didn't know it was an actual possibility.

TBC