Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Kat                                              Thomas 

http://www.playlist.com/playlist/20133598219




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


"Shit." She murmured. "Shit shit shit."

Only a fool would go out alone at this time of night in the rain in queens New York. Kat Davis was this fool. She wanted, no - needed that nicorette gum. Smoking was a habit she was trying hard to break, after her mother was diagnosed with lung cancer. She didn't know it was going to rain. Hell, she didn't watch the news, too much negative energy. So she trusted that the clear, beautiful spring night would stay as such and walked the two blocks to the corner store to buy her new fix. Walking out of the store swinging her plastic bag and humming her favorite Ledesi song, she was looking forward to cuddling up on her king sized bed and watching United States if Tara all night on demand.  The first drop surprised her, landing square in the middle of her head. She didn't have time to respond as the flash of lightning and clap of thunder started the down pour. The rain sheeted down, soaking her to the bone as she Ran home. Her vision was so blurred by the rain that she didn't see the rock hard body she ran into. When she looked up and saw the face that loomed in front of her she felt sick to her stomach. Yellowing teeth, watery blue eyes rimmed in red and a deep scowl met her eyes.

"Bitch!" The man yelled in a deep voice, his breath soaked in liquor.

"Sorr - "she tried to apologize when the man rudely cut her off.

"You need to repay me for running into me." He slurred. "I need more jack, give me yer money bitch! He spat grabbing her shoulders roughly."

Kat looked up at the man with fearful eyes, and with trembling fingers drew out the last five dollars she had in her pocket.

"Here this is all I have." She breathed out.

"That's not enough!" He yelled and slapped Kat across the face.

She let out a startled cry and fell to the ground with a watery thud. The man kicked her in the back making her hiss with pain. He had just kneeled over her   to deliver a hard blow to her face, when she felt him being lifted off of her.

"You don't ever touch no woman like that!" A deep heavily accented voice bellowed over her.

She heard a brief scuffle as she pushed herself off of the slippery ground and the sound of someone running away as she turned around. A tall man was doubled over and breathing heavily. From what she could see, he was black and very well dressed. When he finally looked over at her she was met with the warmest brown eyes she had ever seen.

"Are you ok?" He yelled through the sound of the rain.

She nodded still shaken up.

He walked toward her a look of concern on his face.

When he was less than an inch away, he looked down at her and asked.

"You sure?"

She swallowed and nodded again this time with a weak yes. They stared at each other for a moment when she found her voice.

Thank you. She said. You didn't have to do that.

"Yes I did." He nodded.

She shivered and rubbed her soaked arms.

"Do you need a ride?" He asked." ...home? I uh noticed you were running so..."

She looked at him and nodded yes again. He nodded to her and said.

"My car is just across the street". He said. She followed him to a rather old ford Taurus and waited while he opened the passenger door for her. As she slipped inside she wondered why she felt a sense of trust from a man she barely knew, yes he had just saved her but how did she know he wasn't another predator. He got in the car and turned towards her.

"Where to?" He asked.

"Just two blocks up." She said pointing straight ahead. "I'll tell you when."

They rode in complete silence, the only sound coming from the rain sheeting down on the car.

She pointed to her apartment building and he came to a stop.

She looked at him and said. "Thank you... for everything, again." She paused." I um don't even know your name."

"Thomas." He said simply.

"Well Thomas, you uh saved my life back there, if you..." she looked down at her soaked shirt sleeve." If you ever need anything at all don't, um hesitate to ask. I'm Kat, by the way. She said. Kat Davis." She looked at him one last time and got out of the car. She was shocked when he got out to walk her to the door.

"I am grateful for the offer Kat but I did what I needed to do. You needed me so I came."

She wondered why there weren't any more men like him as they sprinted to the door.

"I'm sure I'll see you again Kat Davis." He smiled warmly.

"I look forward to it." She gave him a small smile in return.

She watched him run back to his car and get in. she had just turned to go into her building when the screech of him trying and failing to start the car met her ears. She looked as he tried three more times and stared dejectedly at the steering wheel. She ran to the car and startled him as she tapped on the window.

"Hey." She said. "I notice you have somewhat of a problem there."

"Yeah I was just about to come up and knock but I remembered I don't know what apartment you're in." he shook his head.

"Why don't you come up and call triple A."

That sounds like a good idea. He smiled.

When they reached her apartment she tried the light switch and sighed as she realized the power was out.

"I'm sorry Thomas but my powers out and I don't have a cell phone." She replied in the darkness.

"It's ok." She heard him say. "I'll just wait out the rain in my car."

"No no no!" She exclaimed. "I... I trust you, look you can wait here with me and when the power comes on you can call."

"Thank you;" she thought she saw the shadow of a smile cross his face in the darkness.

She felt the walls to the kitchen and found some candles and matches she had set out earlier. Thank goodness she had the foresight to know to put them out. Soon the living room was enveloped in a soft amber glow.  

"I think I have some of my brother's old clothes back here." She called from her bedroom as she changed out of her wet clothes.

"Thanks!" He called back.

She fished out some of her brothers clothes; luckily they looked like they would fit, and although a tad big, they were perfect. "We can get comfortable in the living room." She said.

Kat sat in her favorite chair, Thomas on the giant stuffed couch her mother gave her as a house warming present. They talked, about everything and nothing until they lapsed into a comfortable silence. When the subject of love came up, Kat scoffed.

"Love!?" She laughed. "That doesn't exist."

"So you do not believe in love?" Thomas countered.

"No I absolutely do not, love is a dream, just ask my parents."

"I believe that we are more than our parent's mistakes." Thomas said. "Love is available to anyone who wants it."

"Bull!" Kat exclaimed." As far as I'm concerned love is as real as Santa clause. Lust, now that I can believe in. and don't get me started on that love at first sight bullshit."

"So if I were to look you in the eyes right now, and say that in the three hours we've known each other I have fallen hopelessly in love with you, you would not believe me." Thomas said looking her straight in the eyes.

She swallowed audibly and said hoarsely "No."

Silence enveloped the room as Kat tried to change the subject.

 Kat had a question she had wanted to ask since she had met Thomas, and decided to dive in.

"So, your accent, it's very distinct. Where are you from?" She smiled.

"Cuba originally," he replied. "But my family moved all around since I was very small."

"Really?" She asked. Traveling was always an interest of hers; her dream was to travel to world after retirement.

"Yes we lived all over Europe, we lived in Tanzania India and even Japan at different periods."

She smiled brightly, intrigued by the handsome stranger that had saved her life.

"Wow." She replied, "you've lived my dream."

"Travel is a dream of yours?"

"Yes ever since I was small I had this dream of getting away and being free in a distant land." She looked down to her enclosed palms wistfully. "I uh had a lot I wanted to get away from if you know what I mean."

He look at her curiously. "What exactly do you mean?" He asked.

"I um I didn't have a good life growing up." She whispered." My family was like a rollercoaster, up and dow- she broke off."

" What am I doing," she breathed,

"you hardly know me- I'm sorry." She whispered a lone tear rolling down her cheek .

"Hey." He whispered, as he crawled towards her.

"You don't every have to feel afraid around me, I will listen to whatever you need to get off of your chest." He lifted her face to meet his.

"I know we've only known each other for a couple of hours but I feel like I know you Kat... I care for you."

She looked into his eyes.

"I know this sounds weird, but I feel it too." She said softly.

 "I've never believed in love. I've never believed you could just meet a person and form a bond; I thought it was make believe. You're my exception." She whispered as he softly as he took her lips with his own.  

He dragged her down to the plush rug and deepened the kiss. She closed her eyes as he kissed her earlobes, her forehead, and both of her eyelids before he made his way back to her lips. She sighed the sound of the still relentless rain pounding on the window, and the soft orange glow of the candles serving as their only light. She unbuttoned his shirt, revealing inch by delicious inch of beautiful brown skin beneath. He kissed her again his tongue teasing hers and helped her out of her shirt.  He took a long look.

"You're beautiful." He whispered.

She smiled at the beauty of the moment, before kissing him again. He rested his hand on the curve of her hips while she unbuckled his pants. A moment later they were both nude, she cried out when he entered her, the feeling of being so filled assaulting her senses. The only sounds that filled the room were their sighs and groans, Kat couldn't remember feeling so good, the feeling of happiness eluding her for so many years. As she neared her climax she screamed out his name repeatedly finally ending with

" I love you" As she came.

The bright light irked her awake, as she kicked away the covers on the bed she didn't remember getting in. she looked around the room smiling and recalling the night before.  He wasn't next to her; she frowned and got out of bed. Maybe he's in the bathroom she thought, and was met with disappointment at the room's emptiness. He was gone she thought sadly as she kicked a pile of clothes on the ground, and sank down to the floor. She noticed a note on the floor next to her and picked it up. A slow smile crossed her face as she read it.

Love,

I'm going out to get breakfast.

I hope I made a believer out of you.

Signed, your only exception

Ps. I Love You Too.






Chapter End Notes:
Reviews Pweeese!!! <3