Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hi readers! I hope that everyone is nice and toasty as they read this story :-). Thank you for the encouraging words and for reading my stories. I appreciate all of the feedback; it really helps me. Enjoy!




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

The sun's golden rays and the crash of the ocean's waves onto the shore, finally managed to coax Jude out of his slumber. He couldn't recall the last time he let the sun beat him at welcoming in a new day. He surveyed the room and was relieved and disappointed to see that Samara wasn't next to him.

Jude held her all night and fell asleep with her in his arms; giving him the best sleep that he had in many years. Every word that she spoke, last night tugged at his heart; and now having to face her, he wasn't sure how to proceed.

*****************

Jude stood and watched as Samara flipped pancakes. He had been watching her for the past few minutes; without her noticing. She was in the kitchen making breakfast and dancing to of all things Rascal Flatts' ‘Bob that head.' Clad in nothing but a hot pink bikini and a smile; she was truly a vision.

He had to smile at her. She told him last night, that as soon as the sun cracked the sky, she was headed to the beach; and she certainly was dressed for it. His eyes moved appreciatively over her dancing body and the memories of the kisses they shared on the deck pushed his thoughts into deeper waters.

When he woke up this morning he wasn't sure how he was going to face her, after his emotional outburst at her words last night. After some reflection, as he lay in bed alone, Jude was glad that he had shared himself so personally with Samara. She didn't pity him as he expected, instead she consoled him and soothed most of his pain away.

The quiet time allowed him to think about all they had shared with each other the night before and what they expected from each other, going forward. That was the hard part; his budding feelings for her would be harder to hide after this weekend.

He continued to watch the show she was putting on and grinned when she turned around to see him leaning against the counter watching her.

"You sneak." Samara yelled, throwing chocolate chips at him. "How long have you been standing there?"

"Long enough." He smiled; eating the chocolate chips that she attempted to hit him with. "I thought that you didn't like country music?"

"I don't like winey country music...this stuff is party music; I love it." She moved to turn the music down and Jude took a peak at what she was cooking.

"I hope you're hungry. I made fruit salad, scrambled eggs, grits, turkey sausage and chocolate chip pancakes." Pointing to the stack of pancakes, with her spatula.

"All of this for just the two of us?" Jude stared at the mountain of pancakes and scratched his head.

"Umm yeah."

Jude walked over the breakfast bar and sat down. He wanted to say more to her but he didn't know what exactly. Samara grabbed the juice out of the refrigerator and sat down next to him.

"Syrup." She remembered, just as she was about to dig in.

Without giving it further thought Jude stopped her where she stood and wrapped his arms around her waist; pulling her to him. He brushed a soft kiss on her neck and then whispered, "thank you" into her ear.

She looked up at him and smiled in response, "Don't thank me just yet. You still have to taste the pancakes."

Samara knew that he was referring to last night. He didn't need to thank her for that; she wanted him to know that she would always be there for him. She kissed him back and told him, that was what she was here for.

 "Why didn't you wake me up?" taking a sip of juice, Jude started eating his very big breakfast. "I never sleep in this late."

"There was no need to wake you up cowboy, we're on vacation remember?" sliding the pancake syrup next to his plate.

"By the way, I managed to feed the chickens and milk the cows all by myself." She teased; causing him to laugh.

"You work too hard; you're allowed to sleep in on the weekends, Jude. Besides, I knew that the smell of my chocolate chip pancakes would charm you out of bed, eventually." She winked.

"Whip cream?"

"No, chocolate chips at this hour is enough for me, thanks." Jude watched as she smeared her pancakes with the sticky stuff.

"You have to taste it with the whip cream." Samara insisted and placed a small dollop on his plate.

"So what is on the itinerary for today?"

"I am going for a swim, as soon as these cakes digest; and then maybe we can check out the fort and the lighthouses before we have dinner with Nia and Thorn?"

"I have some things that I need to work on, so I will do that while you are out for your swim."

"You don't want to come with me?" she asked disappointed that he wanted to hide out inside.

"Samara, I don't usually swim during the day. I...."

"Jude. It's just me. You don't have to be embarrassed by the scars..."

"I know."

"Then you'll come with me? Jude was still hesitant and she could see it.

"At least come sit on the beach and watch me swim?"

--------------------------

Jude watched as Samara splashed and swam about. He sat on the shore enjoying the view from behind sunglasses. The view of course, being flashes of pink, bronze and blue. Samara's bronzed body encased in her hot pink bikini was wave jumping to her hearts delight.

The water was pristine and the sun wasn't blazing hot; offering a bit of a reprieve from the usual summer heat. No, the only heat on this day was emanating from Jude's body. It was on fire for her. He tried to distract himself from those thought, but each time he tried; she was there to remind him.

"You can swim out further if you want too; but I am not diving in to save you." Jude warned, watching as she swam further and further away.

"Whatever, dad...come on in scaredy cat, the water feels great."

 "That's ok; I'll take your word for it."

"You're no fun...you know that."

"I'm no fun?" Jude laughed, "I'm no fun because I can't move. I'm still too full from breakfast."

"It's not my fault that you eat like a girl. I thought that there was a real man behind all of those muscles. That's why I made you a man sized breakfast; little did I know, you have a lady like appetite." Samara smirked.

 "You play too much, you know that right?" Jude shucked his sunglasses onto the sand, stood and then pulled off his t-shirt.

"Ooh I'm shaking." Samara taunted; as she watched Jude walked towards the water's edge.

When Jude's feet hit the water, she started inching back. Her heart was banging against her flesh at Jude's slow deliberate movements. The predatory look he gave her had her aching for him to make his move. Teasing him, with each step he took closer to her, she inched deeper and deeper into the ocean.

"OK...you win. I was so kidding." She yelled attempting to swim away from him.

Before she could finish, Jude dove into the water and began swimming after her.  Within seconds Jude had caught up to her. He grabbed her legs and she was yelling and laughing for him to stop; as they both rolled into the thunderous waves.

"Who's the girl now?" Jude teased as she continued to scream and laugh. Tugging her into an embrace, Samara locked her legs around his waist and brushed his wet hair off of his face. His golden orbs eyed her with such affection, that the passion that she had for him threatened to combust at that very moment.

"Me...I'm your girl." She smiled shakily, "At least for this weekend."

Jude plant a soft kiss on her lips as they bobbed up in down in time with the waves.

"I'll take that." He breathed out, loving the feel of their bodies melting into each other.

------------------------

"So this is the lighthouse. One hundred and seventy eight steps to the top."

"Ok, well I will be right here at the bottom waiting for you."

"Jude, don't wuss out on me now. We've come too far."

"You feed me a hundred pancakes for breakfast this morning; then you make me swim a mile in the ocean. We've walked, I don't know what a mile and a half at least to get here and now you want me to trek up 200 steps, to see the view of the ocean. The same ocean, we can see standing in the loft back at the house? Sorry darlin' but I think I'm sitting this one out."

Samara laughed at his mini tirade as she moved closer to him; in an effort to soften him up.

"Come on you promised that we could play tourist all weekend; I bet we can see our house from up top there?"

Hearing her refer to the beach house as ‘ours', melted Jude defenses; she was his weakness already. He was going to make the trek up to the top even if he didn't feel like it, because she wanted to do it.

"You want to go all the way to the top?" Jude asked tenderly; though he was still standing there debating with himself.

"Yes." Samara answered laying her head on his shoulders. "I want to see the view of the whole island."

"Come on you young people. If we can make it to the top, so can you."

Both turned in the direction of the older man who was wearing sandals and socks. Samara smiled. The older couple had been standing in front of them when they purchased the tour tickets. The older couple took off to conquer the 180 steps to the top; leaving Samara and Jude standing there.

"See, now we have to do it!"

Jude looked from Samara to the stairs and back to Samara.

"I'll rub your feet later." She whispered into his ears.

Jude smiled; she must have been reading his mind. "Just my feet?" he asked, suggestively.

Samara smiled wickedly at Jude, "Well, we'll see; that is if you enough stamina to get all the way up...the stairs."

Pulling Samara to stand in front of his body, he discretely ran his hands down the front of hers; squeezing her breasts as he breathed into her ear, "I warned you earlier darlin', you play too much. It's up. And it has been up for a while; that's the problem. It hasn't gone down since I caught you dancing around the kitchen in your bikini."

Samara bit her lip to stifle her moan as her eyes darted around the lobby area to make sure that no one was watching them. She could feel his bulge poking into her ass and she pushed backed into him to let him know that she liked it.

"When its time, you are more than welcome to put my stamina to the test. I just hope that you are ready for it." Jude licked her ear playfully and then walked off to best the 178 stair climb to the top of the lighthouse.

Samara stood there frozen as Jude disappeared up the lighthouse stairs. She wanted him. Their playful teasing and flirting was moving to daring territory. She had been thinking about little else after falling asleep holding him last night.

It was the main reason she found herself up at the crack of dawn and cooking up a storm; otherwise she may have given into her desire to show him how much she had come to care for him.

-----------------

Climbing the 180 stairs was no easy feat for either of them. They sat on a bench on the observation deck and took in the view. They watched as the other sightseers mulled about, and took in the natural beauty of the island. Their chattering was interrupted when the older man from earlier spotted them.

"So how long have you two been married?" the older man asked Jude; but didn't wait for a response. "My Marion and I have been together for 50 years. I tell you; there is nothing I wouldn't do for that woman." He smiled watching her as she snapped pictures.

Pointing to Jude, he sternly offered, "You tell her everyday how much you love her and you, pointing to Samara, you remind him every day, why you were the woman he promised to spend the rest of his life with. And the both of you will enjoy many happy years together; my wife and I are proof of that."

"Buddy, why don't you leave these two alone; they're obviously on their honeymoon. Congratulations you two, you make such a beautiful couple and so in love. You're both glowing." The old woman smiled.

Both Jude and Samara sat speechless. If strangers could plainly see that they had feelings for each other, then certainly others could; namely, Noah, Millie and Russell.

**************************

"I had a wonderful time tonight." Slipping off her shoes Samara padded over to comfy sofa underneath the big window.

"Nia and Thorn are always a fun pair. And their children loved you Miss Sammy."

"They were a fun bunch." She smiled. "5 kids must be a handful for Nia though; especially when she has to get ready for an art show?"

Jude sat next to her and placed her feet in his lap and lightly massaged them. She promised him the foot massage yet she had been complaining all night that her feet hurt.

"Nia and Thorn love it; they love the chaos, newborns, school plays, crying, whining and everything else that comes with raising children. They want to have another baby soon."

"Another baby? Wow."

"5 or 6 are too many for you?"

"I don't know? I never really thought about it beyond having my first child?"

"You do realize that it's a possibility that we could have multiples the first time out don't you?"

Samara's head shot up at his casual observation.

"Noah told me that as far as he knew, you two were a fluke."

"Well honestly, we don't know a whole lot about Henry's family. So who knows, really? As far as Uncle Pete and my mother, knew there had never been twins born into their side of the family."

"You never knew your father's family?"

"No, Noah and I asked him about it once and he told us never to ask it about it again; and we never did."

"Wait. You mean there could be a whole family out there that you and Noah never met before?"

"I guess so, yes."

"Wow, that's incredible." Samara thought on that tidbit for a minute. "Twins on our first try?"

"It's possible."

"I think I'd love that." Samara grinned.

"Yeah?"

"Yes."

"Me, too." Jude smiled, reaching for her.

---------------------

"I think that I am going to call it a night." Samara had no idea what time it was. They had been up talking since they got home.

"What time do you want to leave tomorrow?" Jude asked, getting up from the sofa.

"I don't know...we can decide after breakfast. It's your turn to cook in the morning."

"Cereal it is!"

"Cereal!!!! After I slaved over a hot stove to build you a mountain of pancakes?" Samara shrieked.

"And I am still paying for that, right now." Jude reminded her, patting his stomach." And they both laughed at that.

The laughter died once they stopped in front of her bedroom door; Samara opened it and Jude gave her a chaste kiss on her cheek and remained in the hallway. It was clear to her, based on his actions that she would be sleeping alone tonight.

"Jude..."

"I want to Samara, but I think...."

"I know." She kissed him again; then placed her head on his chest. "We are talking with Noah, as soon as we get back."

"O.K." he mumbled into her hair. He wanted to stay with her, but he knew sleeping separately was for the best.

"Good night."

Samara closed her bedroom door. She wanted nothing more to be wrapped in Jude's arms all night. She was conflicted. These feelings she had for Jude, were moving well beyond the scope of baby making. The intense need to be with him was threatening to consume her every thought and drive her to madness. They had yet to make love, but she craved for his touch like nothing she ever had before.

She started towards the bed and stopped. Who was she kidding? She flung open the door and rushed into the hallway. Only to find Jude right where she left him standing.

They stared longingly at each other. They didn't need to say anything it was painfully obvious that they needed to be close to each other. Jude took the 3 short steps to stand face to face with her. Their lips crashed into each other and Samara felt herself being lifted off of the ground. Instinctively her legs wrapped around Jude's rock hard middle as he carried them back into her bedroom.

Jude matched her hunger for him, kiss by kiss as his tongue delved deeper into her mouth.  His greedy kisses blazed a trail from her lips to her neck onto her exposed shoulders and began sliding lower. Jude's mouth drifted down her chest and he sucked her thick nipple right through her flimsy tank top, and into his mouth.

Samara moaned in appreciation and thrust her breasts higher and pushed his head closer, to feed him more of her mounds. His mouth darted from one chocolate treat to the next; Jude's suckling, pulling and biting, was pushing Samara closer to her climax that was quickly building. Just as she was on the cusp of welcoming its heat, Jude slowed his movements.

"Samara..."Jude hissed, as she tighten her legs around his waist. "We can't do this tonight."

He was stiff to the point of being sore. He had been all day; ever since this morning at seeing her dance around in her hot pink bikini.

"I know Jude. But I want to...I want you." she pleaded, plying him with sweet soft kisses.

 "Believe me, I want nothing more than to give you everything that you want; but we both agreed last night to wait." moving to the bed, Jude laid her down on it.

"I just want to feel you close to me." she breathlessly got out. "Can I at least fall asleep in your arms tonight and wake up with you next to me in the morning?"

She had him there.  He couldn't shake the feeling that warmed him as he slept with her nestled in his arms the previous night. Staring down at her enticing form, Jude sighed.

"I want to beautiful; but honestly I don't know if I can trust myself to just hold you close all night." He confessed.

"Please Jude, don't deny me this." She scooted over to make room for him.

One look into her pleading eyes, he couldn't deny her anything; and against his better judgment, Jude crawled in next to her. When their second goodnight kiss quickly turned into a fiery kissing marathon; they knew that they couldn't wait much longer before giving into the need to share themselves with each other.

***************

Jude killed the Healey's engine just outside the back doors of the showroom. They were home now and back to the real world. What they had shared this weekend at Tybee was so deep and honest that neither felt like letting go of the moment. They sat parked for a few minutes; before he spoke.

"You can take my truck home; I have some things that I need to check on while I'm here."

"You're not coming home with me?"

"No, I have to make sure that my guys have been hard at work; since I've been out playing with you." He teased, kissing her fingers.

"Thank you for indulging me." Moving to lay her head on his shoulders, Samara brought his hands to her lips and kissed them.

"You deserve to be spoiled." He replied kissing the top of her head.

She adjusted her position so that they were facing each other. "Jude, I want to...."

"I know." Jude looked into her eyes and saw the same emotions there that he was now feeling. "Not here Samara."

He wanted to kiss her too; but they could not blatantly put their affections on display; for others to see.

"I guess this isn't Tybee Island." She supposed, referring to the way they had morphed into pseudo lovers there, over the weekend.

"We'll always have Tybee." He smiled and squeezed her hand.

**********

Next DAY

Samara waved her sorority sister Jaime Snow over to the table she had reserved for them at Bleu.

"Thanks for meeting today; I am freaking out big time." Jaime rushed out, giving her sister a big hug. "With the move, the house, the charity ball and school starting soon; I'm so overwhelmed."

"Take a few calming breaths; let's have lunch and then we can plough through some of that drama." Samara offered handing her the cocktail menu.

"That sounds like a plan." Jaime laughed and ordered them a pitcher of margaritas.

--------------------

"So I got the call yesterday, that we will have to find another venue because it will not be ready for the benefit. Any ideas?" Jaime asked over their dessert.

"Sure, tons...if this was Charleston." Samara laughed. "But I have no clue about Savannah. I'll ask around though; we have what two weeks left?"

"Yes, otherwise we'll have to postpone until after the holidays."

-------------------------

Samara sat at the counter and watch as Millie cut up fruit for the tart she was making for desert. She had been boring Millie to death with stories about her weekend at Tybee with Jude; her students and whatever crazy thing that popped into that head of hers.

"My sorority is in a bind; we don't know what to do. We've always had the benefit at that particular hall and now we are in a crunch. It seems that every bride in Savannah is getting married that weekend."

"You know what? How many people are you expecting?"

"Umm...I'd say no more than 200 people why?"

"I think I know of an available venue; the only problem is parking....hmmm?"

"Where, what place?"

"Jude's house on the square; it's perfect."

**************

"How was Tybee?" Noah asked Jude, who was sitting behind the wheel of un-identifiable convertible parked in the middle of his work room.

"Hot. And Palm Beach?" Jude could barely hold his head up to look at Noah; for fear that what he was feeling would be written all over his face.

"Hot. The show was fantastic and the auction went very well. Your team is going to be very busy based on the responses we received at the end of the auction. There were a few bidding wars too; so Russell has the list of in demands based on that." Noah congratulated.

"That's good news." Jude stepped out of the car and over to his work bench to grab some tools.

"No, Jude that is great news. Is everything ok; you don't seem 100% here?" No he wasn't, he was still thinking about his weekend away with Samara.

"Yeah, sure. I'm just a little tired that's all."

"Tired? You just got back from the beach. I'm sorry did my wife talk your ear off? I love her to death but that one is a talker."

Both laughed in agreement; though Jude did feel a twinge of envy at Noah's reminder that Samara was still his wife.

"You would think that I would be a ball of energy, but I am leaving for California for a few days to consult on a movie project and I want to make sure that those cycles for the museum are done on time and carefully inspected for accuracy. Are you available to hang around here for a few days?"

"Yes, I will be more than happy to check in on things; while you're gone. A movie project? Wow, that's exciting."

"Yeah; it came up a few weeks ago...."

Noah sat down and waited for his brother to continue. It was obvious to him that something was on his mind, before he could ask, Jude spoke.

"We need to talk about...."

"I assumed you did it already...." Jude's head shot up at Noah's words.

"I meant that you talked with Mari." Noah clarified.

"Yes, we did and we've agreed to go through with it. Only if it's what you still want."

"Of course, nothing would make me happier." Noah beamed but still saw some apprehension on Jude's part. "What's wrong? Have you changed your mind?"

"No. It's...Samara and I..."

"Slept together, already?" Noah inquired gently.

"What? No, No!!"

"But you wanted to?"

"Noah...."

"Jude, tell me what the issue is. Just spit it out."

"I feel guilty alright; I see you sitting here and I can't look you in the eyes, because all I can think about is sleeping with your wife and I feel terrible." Jude rushed out, finally looking at his twin.

Noah took in a deep breath. He had to tread lightly with his brother, "Jude, I can understand that; but if you plan on getting Mari pregnant then, I think that's how it has to happen."

"No, Noah it's not the only way."

"I thought we went over this already, Jude. I am ok with this."

"I see your mouth moving to say the words but; I have to tell you, that I find it hard to believe that any man in his right mind could be ok with his wife and his brother gettin' it on."

Noah moved to stand in front of his brother. A pair of golden eyes met its equal, both in depth of emotion and clarity.

"I am standing here in front of you, looking you in your eyes twin, to tell you that you have my permission, my blessing, my encouragement and whatever else you need to lessen your guilt. I trust you with my life and I trust you with Mari."

He continued cautiously; knowing that Jude was still uneasy about the whole thing.

"That woman has given me more happy days than I deserve and I need for you to help me give her many more in return."

"Are you sure about this Noah? I just don't want to hurt you or Samara."

"I am 100 percent sure, Jude. This will give me more peace than I can express in words. Are we Ok, now..."

"Yes."

"Good. I have to go home for a few days to check on some things back at the office and what not. So I will be gone when you get back; so if you two need some alone time...."

"Noah!" Jude cut off; feeling terribly uncomfortable, that his brother was suggesting that he and Samara take advantage of his absence.

"Alright, alright..."

**********************

"Hey beautiful, I was hoping to find you out here."

Samara was sitting out on the deck, working on her sorority event when Noah startled her.

"When did you get back?"

"A couple hours ago; I needed to check in with Jude at the office. How was Tybee Island?"

"It was great and the weather was perfect. I was almost tempted to tender my resignation and become a full-fledged beach bum."

Noah laughed. He was happy that she and Jude had fun. This was what he wanted; for them to spend time together and hopefully find comfort in each other. They were going to honor his dying wish. But still apart of him was torn.  With the reality of Jude and Samara, staring him in the face, he was now forced to face the harsh fact that he was dying. He often joked about the countdown to D-day, but now as death's certainty loomed over him like a giant rain cloud; it stirred up a mixture of emotions.

"You and Jude had fun...getting to know each other better?"

 "Yes. Jude was a gracious host; as always."

"And you two spent the whole weekend, just lounging around on the beach."

Maybe her mind was playing tricks on her but to her ears Noah's words were full of conjecture. Samara searched Noah's eyes for his meaning but his gaze was blank.

Maybe it was her guilty conscious speaking up; quietly reminding her that she had practically begged his brother to make her scream; more than once.

Guilt ate at her as she recalled her crying and screaming at Noah that he was crazy for even suggesting it. Yet when the opportunity presented itself she was more than willing to take advantage of it.

"No, we did some sightseeing and we had dinner with one of his clients."

"So, nothing exciting to report?" Noah's tone was a bit gruff even to his own ears and he was sure that Samara had picked up on it based on her facial expression.

"Nothing happened, Noah. We just wanted to talk; before we decided on anything." Samara rushed out. Hoping to clarify any doubts he may have had about whether she and Jude slept together.

"I didn't mean to imply...."

"It's ok; you have a right to know..."

"Mari, I know that you and Jude will do whatever is best for all of us." He reassured, with a kiss.

He reached for her hand and gave them a light squeeze.

"There is something that you need to know, though."

"What is it?"

"Jude is not going to come to you. As much as he wants to, he won't; you have to go to him."

Noah swallowed. He was standing in front of his wife telling her that she would have to seduce his brother, if she wanted to get pregnant.

"Noah, Jude and I talked about this already. We agreed to...to sleep together."

"I know honey. He is still hesitant and rightfully so; I can't imagine what he is feeling. I know him; my brother just wants to do the right thing for everyone; but he doesn't want to hurt either of us. You are my wife and he doesn't want to intrude on that."

Samara sighed; she knew what Noah was getting at. "If he is feeling so guilty over this Noah, maybe we shouldn't..."

"No!!! Jude is the only man I can trust you with Mari." Noah practically yelled. "This is my dying wish; promise me that you will go through with it; no matter what. You'll do this for me." His voice was so full of emotion and Samara was surprised to see him starting to tear up.

"Yes of course, Noah." Samara promised, getting up to hug him and to calm him down; as her tears started to fall too. To her surprise, her and Jude having a child was more important to Noah than she'd realized before. He was always so in control of his emotions that his outburst scared her a little.

Moments after they'd both calmed down, Noah told her of his plans to go home for a few days. She offered to make the trip home, but he insisted that she stay and enjoy the rest of her vacation and work on her other projects.

"What are you up to?" he asked, motioning to all of the pieces of paper spread out on the table in front of her.

"Do you remember my sorority sister Jaime Snow? She is the new president of the local chapter and the annual charity gala is in two weeks. But the hall that we normally use has had some extensive flooding due to old pipes; so we've been on the hunt for a new venue. Millie has suggested that I ask Jude to use the house on the square; so I am putting together a proposal of sorts, for him to take under consideration."

"I'm pretty sure if you asked Jude to use Waverly he'll just say yes." Noah advised, looking at all the paper sprawled over the table.

"Waverly?"

"It's the name of the house on the square; Uncle Pete bought it years ago when he was going to marry this woman. Her family didn't think him prominent enough for their daughter, so they never wed. But he kept the house.  It had started to fall into disrepair until Jude bought it from him, and Eli brought it back to its grand stature. I think there is some gift shop or some tour that operates out of the shop front."

"So no one has ever lived there since Uncle Pete bough it? Why not sell it?"

"I think Jude has held onto it out of love for Uncle Pete."

"But if you want to use that place you better ask him soon; he's leaving for California for a few days this week."

****************

Jude walked into the kitchen and mentally went over his to do list before he left for California in the morning. The light coming from the sunroom caught his attention and he walked over to see who was still up at this late hour.

He stood in the doorway and smiled. Samara was stretched out on the sofa with a book lying on her chest. She had fallen asleep reading.

Jude walked over to her sleeping form and was about to wake her up when he picked the book up and read the title, ‘The Holistic Approach to Conception and Childbirth.'

Leave it to the teacher to want to learn more about the process. You don't need that book, beautiful. We are going to make love every day, all day, until you are pregnant. Jude thought to himself.

"Samara." Jude whispered, placing the book on the ottoman.

"Hmmm..."

"Go to bed, darlin' it's late."

"Jude...what are you..." looking around wildly, Samara was surprised that she was still in the sun room.

"You fell asleep down here." Jude smiled at her sleepy confusion.

"Oh...I was waiting up for you." Sitting up to see him better, she reached for his hands. "I haven't seen you since Sunday."

"I know. I've been busy at the shop."

"I wanted to ask you for a favor before you left for California."

"Ok. But you didn't have to wait up for that. You could've just called me."

"No. I couldn't I needed to ask you properly."

"Ok, what is it."

Samara reached for her attaché that was sitting on the end table and pulled out a glossy folder.

"What's this?" Jude asked as she handed it to him.

"It's a proposal; my sorority's fundraiser is scheduled for next Saturday night, but the venue had unexpected flooding, leaving us in a bind. Millie suggested your house on the square as a possible alternative; so this is our formal proposal for you to review. If it's possible we'd like to use the house as our event venue."

Jude looked at her quizzically, "You want to use Waverly for your party."

"Yes."

"Come with me, I want to give you something."

Jude helped her off the sofa and she followed him back into the kitchen.

He walked over to the sitting area where there was built in desk, a message board, small TV and a telephone. Jude reached into one of the desk drawers and pulled out a bunch of keys and handed them to her.

"Keys to every house that I own." He replied before she had a chance to ask the question.

"You'll need these two to get into Waverly." Jude pointed to the keys she should use and Samara continued to stare at him in disbelief.

"Jude, you didn't even read the proposal."

"Samara, if you want to use Waverly, you can."

"The benefit is for 200 people..."

"Then I suggest you get Millie to help you with the details. Make sure you use a Catered    Affair for whatever you need; Harrison owes me a favor. I'll try to call him before I leave." Jude offered, taking out his Blackberry to set a reminder to do just that.

"You'd do this for me, Jude?" Samara's big brown eyes looked at him so adoringly; he couldn't help what came next.

Forgetting where they were, and the promise they made to be discrete; he reached for her and kissed her. "Do you even have to ask that?"

She welcomed his kisses and passionately returned them. "I'd do anything for you." Jude vowed and continued kissing her in the quiet of the early morning.

*************

"Did you tell him?"

"No. I can't just yet, Russell. Not until I know for sure." Noah replied, sitting at Russell's desk.

"Noah, you blacked out, more than once while we were in Palm Beach. That can't be good." Russell reasoned.

Finding Noah passed out, scared him beyond words and though he insisted that he go to the hospital immediately, Noah refused.

"I know, I've talked with my doctors and they want me to come home so that they can run some more tests."

"Have you told Samara yet?"

"No, Russell. You are the only person who knows about this; so I trust you to keep this to yourself, until we know exactly what is going on."

Noah," Russell hesitated, "When I told you what happened, you didn't seem surprised. This has happened before, hasn't it?"

He couldn't to lie to Russell. "Yes it has."

"Noah...This can't be a good sign."

"I know Russ...I just can't let either Samara or Jude, lose sleep over this. The doctors gave me 12 months and until they tell me otherwise..."

"What do think is going to happen when they find out that you've kept this from them?"

"They are not going to know about this, because I have no plans on telling them and neither do you." Noah warned.

 






Chapter End Notes:
Tell me what you think. Please forgive errors, typos, etc. Have a great weekend and stay warm.