Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:
All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.



Author's Chapter Notes:
This supernatural fanfiction is set after four years after the end of season five. After I wrote Dean as a punk I wanted to write him as the tortured soul he is. He has a new reluctent love Trish.


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


The Earth has been destroyed. Three years had passed since they stopped the apocalypse. The Winchester five, as Dean called them, stopped the demons from releasing the Croatoan, virus but they succeeded in releasing a deadlier disease that killed off all of the children under fifteen. The human population had gone from several billion to just a few million within days.

Jo, Sam, Bobby, Ellen, and Dean were traveled together.

There were camps scattered out across the U.S. People were mostly friendly, since supplies were abundant, but they wanted to be near people they knew and it was easier to be a part of a large group. They had to abandon the Impala in the last city. There was no way for them to fix it. Dean had been depressed ever since.

Bobby decided that they needed to move from the abandoned farm house to a friend’s place out in Colorado. He contacted Jack by CB radio. It was a month long journey without transportation.

Dean estimated they were a day’s journey out when they were ambushed. Sam and Jo were sitting on the far side of their camp trying to keep warm. Bobby and Ellen were cooking the last of their food. Dean had just come from relieving himself when several men with guns came out of nowhere.

“Let’s see those hands.” One dark skinned, shaggy haired male said as he held a rifle on them. They couldn’t tell what color he was for the layer of dirt.

“Jack?” Bobby stood.

“Good to see you Bobby. Now where are your hands?” He jerked the gun in his direction. “Sorry man but these times…A man has to protect what’s his.”

Bobby nodded. He put his hands in the air. The other’s followed suit. Several women came out of the brush and searched their things.

“Just weapons daddy.” Came a girl’s voice, her face was hidden under a baseball cap. She wore a green band around her wrist. “Drink.”

She shoved a bottle of water at him Dean took a long swig. She passed it on t the others. Jack nodded satisfied.

“You’re planning on staying at the compound?” They nodded. “Pair them up.”

Another woman reached into her bag and took out different colored bands. Jo and Sam got red.

“Name?” She looked at him.

“Sam Winchester.” She wrote the name on both bands and slipped them onto their wrist. Dean watched another woman do the same to Bobby and Ellen.

“Where’s your woman? Jack asked.

“I don’t have one. None…” He started.

“The boy lost his girl a ways back.” Bobby injected.

“What’s your name son?

“Dean. Dean Winchester.”

“Trish…” He called. The girl in the cap walked over to him. Jack took her wrist and cut the green band off. “Sarah, Dean Winchester.”

Sarah took and two yellow bands and wrote his name on them. She secured them to their wrists and walked away. Jack handed him a rifle.

“That’s my little girl. Keep her safe. She’s yours now boy.” He started to walk away.

“Wait, you’re just giving your daughter away?” Dean asked incredulously.

“When was the last time you saw a child?” Dean lowered his head. The only children he’d seen were corpses. “If we don’t reproduce the human race ends. I can’t allow you to enter the compound without a woman. Let’s move out.”

They gathered their things and followed the group a mile to their vehicles. Everyone except Jack had a partner. They stopped at several large trucks with Trish and her father.

“Bring them up to speed little girl.” Jack got into the front of the lead truck.

“Let’s go.” Trish climbed in the truck bed. Dean followed her. Trish dug into her rut sack and passed out cheese sandwiches and water. “Everyone has to have a partner, no exceptions. It’s the men’s job to protect the women. That means if you go out on a mission your woman goes with you unless she’s pregnant then the community protects her while you’re gone. There haven’t been any attacks in the last year of so, but daddy likes to be safe.

The women cook, clean, and farm. The men take turns farming, harvesting, and standing guard. Unless you you’re your own land then you’re responsible for keeping it up. If you don’t daddy will confiscate it and give it to someone who will. All children belong to the woman. If you leave that woman your children belong to the next man she takes. Until then it’s your responsibility to protect those children. These bands don’t come off unless they’re cut off by my father. Finally we only leave the compound when necessary and with permission.”

“Why did you leave this time?” Dean asked finishing his sandwich. She passed him another one.

“We were looking for you and supplies.” She opened his water for him and nodded to Ellen and Jo to do the same. “It’s your job to take care of your man. If there is a single woman she may try to steal him away from you. You have to show the community that you’re a good woman and they’ll protect your relationship.”

Dean drained his water. She passed him another one.

“Same goes for you men. Only if you lose your woman someone has got two and you’re out. There aren’t any single men in the compound.”

“So the only reason for this is to breed?” Ellen asked opening Bobby’s water.

“Yes,” She lifted the flip on the truck and tapped on the window. “How long?”

“About seven hours travel.” She shut it and shooed Jo and Sam to the other side of the compartment.

“We need to sleep while we can. Daddy usually gives us four hours while we’re on the road.”

They watched her quickly lay out three pallets.

“You, you, and us.” She pointed to the sleeping places. They didn’t move. “You need to get on board with this or get out.”

Dean cleared his throat and went to lie on the pallet she pointed to. Trish lay in front of him on her side. He nodded to the other two couples and wrapped his arm around her, pulling her closer to him. She let out a relieved sigh.

Bobby and Sam looked at each other and followed suit. After a bit of uneasiness exhaustion took over and they fell asleep.

Dean was jolted awake later when the truck hit a pothole. He absently rubbed his erection against the warm body in front of him. His hand slid down her loose jeans. She snuggled her butt deeper into him.

Dean looked over and saw the others had left.

“Where are they?” He breathed hard in her ear. A groan escaped when she shifted against him. It had been two years since he had been with a woman.

“Driving.” She whispered.

Dean pulled his hand out of her jeans and rolled her over on her back. Breathing hard he jerked her out of her pants. She fought to relieve him of his. She pulled them past his hips before he spread her legs and slipped into her moist heat.

“Agh,” He moaned into her ear. He pressed their bodies together so his pelvis ground against her clit. She moaned and wrapped her legs around his waist pulling him in deeper.

Dean licked the thin layer of dirt off of her neck as he suckled her. His breath came in short gasp. She was too tight.

Trish began to buck under him. She bit her lip and tried not to cry out as she withered beneath him. Minutes later he shook his release into her.

They hit another pot hole and knocked heads. Dean looked at the small spot on her brown neck. He licked and sucked it until a large purple spot appeared.

“Kind of makes you feel primal doesn’t it? Knowing the future of the human race is in your hands. Makes you want to mark what’s yours.” She looked at him in the dark truck bed. She had never seen his face. It was covered with grime and his breath stank, but somehow he was still handsome to her. She and the other women noticed him immediately. He dominated his group with his irresistible presence.

The truck squealed to a stop. Dean hurried and helped her dress before buttoning his jeans.

Trish tossed back the flap and waited for him to jump out. He turned to help her.

The compound turned out to be an abandoned military base. Their bands were checked at the gate before they were allowed in.

“Couldn’t wait huh boy?” Bobby snarked as he eyed the large hicky on the side of her neck. Dean ignored him. Trish had dropped his hand and ran up to an older woman holding a squirming baby.

The child’s smooth caramel skinned shinned in the fading sunlight. The kid couldn’t be more than eight months old. It kicked and cooed when it saw its mama.

“Looks like you’re a daddy kid.” Ellen slapped him on the back.

Dean felt foreign eyes on him. He quickly walked up to Trish.

“Dean this is Jacob. I call him Jake.” She held the baby up so he could see him.

Jake cooed again. Dean took him into his arms and smiled.

“Hey Jake, I’m your daddy.” Jack, who had been watching from the shadows, nodded his approval.

A jeep pulled up and a younger version of Trish hopped out.

“Mom moved your stuff into bunk house three. Jake’s things are in the back.” The young man hugged her.

“We’ll all be sharing an area.” She took the baby from Dean and got into the passenger side of the jeep. She waited until they had all loaded in then gave him directions.

“That’s a pretty baby you have there. Where’s his father?” Jo asked.

“I’m his father.” Dean dared them to argue.

Sam looked at Bobby who nodded. Damn boy always had a way of jumping in before he looked, not that there was much choice.

Dean slowed the jeep in front of a large metal house that said Bunk 3. He took Jake from Trish before exiting.

She opened the door and flipped on the light switch. It looked like a converted hanger. There was a make shift kitchen and what he thought was a bathroom in the back. The beds were in the middle of the room and had been sectioned off with sheets.

“Dad will have lumber delivered tomorrow so we can start on our own cabins. She took a map out of her rut sack. “I won this property in a porker game.”

Dean grinned. She circled the land.

“I’ve been working it while I waited for a new man.” She looked up at him. He was still playing with the baby, but watching her. “Since you are family we can share.”

Bobby looked over the land. It looked to be a couple of acres she had marked off for a house. It surrounded a large lake. There was a sizable piece marked for crops and another for animals.

“I…we have 33 head of cattle, five goats, three horses, seven sheep and 12 chickens. Dad will keep them until we have a proper corral ready. This land is great for crops. I thought we could plant corn, tomatoes, and try potatoes here. Then next year we can plant over here. It allows the land to remain fertile. Most of the other farms planet wheat because it’s easy to grow. We can trade for what’s in demand for flour. We are one of a few who have sheep so we have wool. I helped mom can fruits and vegetables every winter so we have more than enough stock to get us through.”

“That’s six months away. That’s a lot of building and we don’t know the first thing about farming.” Sam looked concerned.

“But you do know about demons. The water you were drinking was holy water. We can trade work for information. People may be nice but there are still demons around. If we get help from the men and work fourteen hour days we can build two cabins in two months and save the last one for spring. We can connect electricity from the towers. We’ll still need candles, because most of the energy will be used for the freezer. We have a back hoe to build a cellar.” She pulled out another crud drawing. “See one large room with a sleeping loft. We can put the kitchen in the front of the cabin and fireplace in the middle of the room. When the children are old enough they can sleep here.” She pointed to the room under the loft. Jake yawned. “I guess that’s enough for now. We have five minutes in the shower per family. If you’re shy I suggest you get over it. Dean and I will go first so we can get Jake to sleep.” She went to a large chest and passed out towels, blankets, and clothing.

Dean carried the baby into the bathroom with them. The shower was an empty space on the wall with a drain in the floor. They quickly undressed she handed him shampoo, toothpaste and a toothbrush. He cleaned his teeth for the first time in three years with an actual toothbrush.

“Ready?” She asked. “It’s kind of cold at first.”

“What about Jake?”

She sat him on the floor with a damp towel. Dean turned on the faucet and stood in front of them until the water warmed. She doused him with shampoo and used it as a body scrub. Within a minute his was cleaned by her skilled hands. She shampooed her hair and rinsed quickly. Her skin was the color of creamy chocolate. He liked it.

Trish held the baby while Dean washed him. They raced to rinse off. At the end of five minute the shower shut off automatically.

Dean watched as she dried Jake and dressed him in a diaper and oversized t-shirt. She made a pallet with his towel and he quickly fell asleep.

“Not that I’m not grateful for my son, but what happened to his dad?” Dean slowly dried himself off.

“The guard that checked our bands.” She blushed. “I didn’t have a plan. I really didn’t think he would leave me because I was pregnant. Shelly was new and had two children, but she had a plan. So he took her.”

“He just left you?” Dean stared at her shocked. “Does he see the kid? Or help you with him?”

Trish shook her head.

“It doesn’t matter. Shelly wanted Rod to be named my father’s successor. She tried to manipulate him. Daddy made it known that Rod would not succeed him. Her plan failed. Mine won’t.” She gathered their dirty clothes and left him to bring the baby.

She chose the room with the largest bed. Dean watched silently as she put a sheet and thick quilt on it. She took a chest without a lid and folded two blankets in it. He laid Jake down. She tucked him in with a smaller blanket.

“Is he going to be alright in their?” He looked concerned.

“For now. Dad found a crib and is trading tomorrow for a mattress. Are you ready for bed?” She looked at him. He nodded. “Are you hungry?”

“I could eat.” She pulled out a new denim jacket to replace his torn one. “I need to get vegetables.”

“Sammy, watch Jake.” He called out as they left.

He followed her to a large storage room. An elderly couple sat behind the counter.

“So it’s true, Bout time.” The old man looked at them. “What are you needing?”

“I want to make a meat pie. There are six of us.” She looked at Dean who nodded.”I need flour, shorting, potatoes, onions, carrots, peas, salt, pepper, and beef, please.”

The old man took half of the list and gave the woman the other half.

“New families get several days worth of food items. Since most of my food is still at mom’s we’ll get our breakfast and dinner here. We’ll have lunch tomorrow with mom.”

“What’s a meat pie?”

“It’s like a turn over filled with meat and vegetables. Easy to carry and store.”

“And your woman makes the best meat pies.” The old woman came back carrying a bag. Her husband was behind her. “I thought you might want to make some dessert so I added some peaches and sugar.”

“Thank you Mrs. Davenport.” She kissed her wrinkled cheek.

“There’s some sparkling cider.” The old man chimed in. They thanked them and carried the supplies to their bunk.

“What’s all this?” Bobby asked. His hair was still damp.

“Trish is going to make dinner.” He sat the bags on the sink. He watched as she added wood to the stove.

Trish began cutting the food. She cut the meat into small pieces then she took out a skillet and sat it on the stove. Soon she had shorting heating.

“If there’s electricity why not use it for the stove?” Jo asked.

“No one knows how long the supply is going to last. They are trying to fix what they can, but it’s slow and man power is limited.” She added the meat to the skillet. Dean watched as she put the peaches in another pot. She added sugar and a cinnamon stick. “I can teach you how to cook with wood if you want.”

Dean looked at the meat it looked done. He held up the bowl of vegetables and point to to the skillet. She nodded. He dumped them in.

She quickly mixed the ingredients for the dough and rolled it out. Trish used the knife to cut large squares. Dean cleaned the knife he carried with him and began helping her. 

“This is a good setup you have Trish.” Sam said looking at the map again. “I think you can try wheat if it’s easy to grow.”

“None of you have any farming experience. It’s going to be physically demanding until you become accustomed to the work. We can plant next year.” She filled the dough with the peach filling.

“But if it gives us an advantage…” He began again.

“Sammy.” Dean cautioned.

“We need to move at a steady pace, too fast and someone could get seriously hurt.” Trish searched the cabinets for a long sheet. She laid the turnovers uniformly on it before dusting them with sugar. She put them in the oven.

She mixed more dough and stuff the squares with the meat filling. She put them in the oven.

“Five minutes then we’ll eat.” She took out plates.

They ate in silence lost in thought. Jo and Ellen cleaned the dishes. Trish and Dean went to bed.

“Do you want me to sleep with or without clothes?” He thought for a moment.

“With clothes.” Bobby shouted from the next bed.

“Shut up.” Dean grinned as he tossed the covers back. They snuggled into each other and slept.

Bobby and Ellen lay straight as rods in their bed trying not touch. Sam and Jo laid with their backs to each other. Dean smiled as he held his woman in his arms.