Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 5

One month later

London stared at herself in the mirror as she looked at her reflection in the cream colored strapless maid of honor gown that Adrianna picked out for her. Keira, Adrianna's cousins Mariella and Constanza,and her sister Lisette dresses were light green with spaghetti straps. London and Taryn's dresses were different from the rest of the bridal party because they were the maid of honor and the matron of honor respectively.

As London stared at her cocoa skin against the cream colored satin of the dress, she had to admit that she looked beautiful in the color and the stunning dress fit London to a tee. She wondered what Kanji’s reaction would be to seeing her in the form fitting, gorgeous dress. She immediately shook the thought of him out of her head as she walked in the dress. Adrianna, Taryn, Keira and London were the last ones at the fitting. The other ladies had left and Adrianna smiled at her friend’s reflection.

“So where are we going to eat after we’re finished with the fitting?” Taryn asked.

“It doesn’t matter to me. Kee Kee just needs to get her eat on,” Keira replied.

“You’re a greedy, freak of nature. You eat enough for two men and you don’t gain a pound, you heffa. I hate you,” Taryn replied.

“Don’t hate the player, hate the game. I got good genes. Deal with it,” Keira replied as Taryn gave her the finger.

“You’re still treating, right A?” London asked.

Adrianna smiled at her budget conscious friend. “Yes, I’m still treating.”

“Thanks luvvy,” London said with a smile.

“No problem,” Adrianna said as she laughed.

“Normally I would say something about L and her mooching tendencies…,” Keira replied.

“I’m not a moocher and I’m not cheap. I’m on a budget,” London replied as Keira put up her hand to her.

“Whatever, but today I’m on cheapies side. You can afford to buy everybody in this building lunch, Ms. 'My man has a multi-million dollar basketball contract and endorsements.' . Besides, we deserve a freebie after shelling out $450 for a dress and $145 dollars for shoes for this wedding,” Keira replied.

“Now who sounds cheap,” Taryn said.

“I ain’t cheap…I’m practical. That shit is expensive,” Keira replied.

“But it’s my wedding and I wanted it to be special, and my four beautiful friends in these gorgeous dresses will make it special. You guys are gonna rock the hell out of those dresses,” Adrianna replied.

“True, true,” Keira replied.

“The dresses are really beautiful, A,” London replied.

“They better be for $450,” Keira piped.

“Why must you always quote the price of something?” Taryn asked.

“Because I can! Anna, you know I must have mad love for you if I’m willng to pay $450 for a damn bridesmaid’s dress, so all I got to say is, the food at the wedding better be the shit, the liquor better be of high quality and of a steady flow and the male eye candy better be hot,” Keira replied as London just shook her head.

“Yes maam. It looks so good on the both of you, chicas. That’s a great color on you,” Adrianna replied as London grinned at her friend.

“Thanks for all the assistance that you guys have given me to get this wedding to fruition in a month. I can’t thank you enough,” Adrianna replied as they all smiled at her.

Taryn turned her back to London so that London could unzip her dress so that she could get dressed.

“No problem. I can’t wait to see Kanji’s reaction when he sees you in that dress, L,” Taryn said as she walked into the dressing room that held her previously discarded clothes. London rolled her eyes and turned her back to Adrianna who unzipped her dress.

“Will you guys stop it? Why don’t you mess with Keira about her situation with Mason? Why are you guys always bringing up something about Kanji and I?” London asked as she walked to the dressing room where her clothes were.

“Because we know the deal with Keira and Mason. I mean, it’s cuckoo, but we know what the deal is,” Adrianna replied.

“Yeah…it’s fucked up and really crazy, but we know one thing…they love each other and they do want to be with each other…even if they are retarded assholes,” Taryn replied as they laughed.

“Kiss my ass, Taryn,” Keira replied.

“You’d like that, wouldn’t you?” Taryn replied from the stall as Keira turned her back as Adrianna unzipped her dress. Keira walked to her dressing room to put her clothes back on.

“Oh yes, baby…you know what mama likes,” Keira said.

“No, I don’t. In case you haven’t noticed something in the last decade that I’ve known you, I’m not down with the slits. I’m strictly dickly,” Taryn replied.

“That’s not what you said last night,” Keira stated back.

“See, I knew you would kiss and tell,” Taryn said as Adrianna shook her head at Taryn and Keira.

“You two are ridiculous. Anyway, as I was saying, Keira and Mason have reached an understanding. You and Kanji on the other hand have not. You two are still skipping like a little girl with a jump rope around each other…,” Adrianna began.

“…and the shit is getting tired. It ain’t cute no more, L,” Keira piped in from the dressing room.

“…and we’re tired of watching you two go through the motions,” Taryn said as London stepped out of the dress, dressed in her green lace bra with matching bikinis. She placed the dress on the huge pillow like seat in the dressing room as she put on her white flutter sleeve blouse and short, cargo khaki shorts.

“Yeah, would you two just bone already? I know you want him and it’s obvious that he wants you because his eyes don’t seem to be big enough to see your ass,” Keira replied as Taryn walked out of the dressing room holding her dress over her arms and dressed in a white camisole top and dark denim jeans.

“Leave it alone you guys,” London responded from the dressing room as she pulled on her shorts.

“No, we will not leave it alone. London, you’ve been in love with that boy for years,” Keira stated.

“And vice versa. What the hell is wrong with you? Why haven’t you just made a move?” Taryn asked.

“That’s what I want to know. You two are so close…closer than most people in a relationship. I mean, you go out with each other, you sleep together…,” Adrianna began.

“…without really sleeping together. I don’t understand how you can do it because I’ve seen the outline of that boy’s pole and he’s hanging right down below and I know that he’s brushed it against you while you slept. Plus, he’s sexy as hell,” Keira said.

“Oh yeah…Kanji’s all kinds of hot, London,” Taryn replied.

“Totally hot and totally wants a piece of you, sweetie. It’s so obvious,” Adrianna said.

“What we want to know is why in the world haven’t you just put the punnanni in his face, L?” Keira asked as she and London walked out of their dressing rooms at the same time, Keira dressed in a red wifebeater and a short denim skirt, with red flip flops. The assistant that was helping, them at the bridal shop took the dresses from them and they all plopped next to Adrianna on the mauve colored, plush sofa that she was currently sitting on.

“It just never happened that way with us except for that one time at work…,” London said as Taryn squeeled.

“Oooh…I knew it! What happened? You’ve got to tell us!” Taryn exclaimed as London sighed and began to tell what happened all those years ago.

************************************************************

Flashback...London's Junior year, Fall Semester

London and Kanji were at work, completely bored. They had to close the store and the thing was, time was just going by too slowly. Kanji locked the side doors and left the main entrance open, just in case.
London sighed. “Wow, it’s a ghost town in here tonight.”

“Every frat that I know is throwing the biggest party of the year…tonight. Why would someone want copies tonight? Ned should have let us close early,” Kanji replied as he walked over to the other chair that was on side of London behind the wall of supplies and took a seat.

“That would have been too much like right, Mitchie…you know that,” London replied.

“Yeah, he’s an asshole. But let’s not talk about the head douche. Let’s talk about another asshole, preferably that dude Mark Walters that you’re seeing,” Kanji replied with a grin as he looked at London.

London ran her hand over her head and smiled. “Nope…we’re not going to talk about him and he’s not an asshole.”

“Says you. I’ve had classes with him. He’s Prick Supreme and you’re too good for him,” Kanji replied.

“He’s nice to me and he’s just an okay guy. He’s alright,” London said as Kanji continued to grin at her. Her bangs had fell in her eyes and Kanji leaned over to move them back to the side of her face where they were.

“Yeah, that’s exactly what I’d want the girl that I’m dating to say about me. London, why are you seeing the guy if you’re really not into him?” Kanji asked as London sighed, looking him in the eye.

“I don’t know. Is it that obvious?” London asked.

“Uh yes, it is,” Kanji replied as London laughed and waved her hand.

“Whatever. Look, Mitchie, who I’m dating is my business and I don’t want to get into all of that right now…okay?” London asked as Kanji shrugged his shoulders and grinned.

“Alright, I’ll leave it alone, but this is the last thing I’m going to say. You deserve better, London. The guy hasn’t assholed out on you yet, but it’s coming. Besides, you’re not like every girl that I know…you’re different and special and you deserve to be with someone that appreciates that…that’s all,” Kanji said as he stroked her cheek with the back of his hand.

London smiled and blushed. “Aw, thanks Mitchie. You do care.”

“How could I not? Let me see if there’s something we can do to get us from looking at the damn clock. Wait, I got an idea…hold on,” Kanji stated as he got up and turned the radio on that they kept in the stock room. Then he walked back to London and pulled her up from her seat.

“Just because we can’t go to the party, there’s no rule that says we can’t bring the party to us,” he replied with a grin as the radio announcer spoke.

London smiled. “I like the way you think, Mitchie.”

Kanji winked at her and when PYT by Michael Jackson came on, they both got excited.

“Man, I love this song!” London exclaimed.

“Me too. You wanna dance?” he asked.

“I thought you’d never ask,” she replied as she and Kanji danced to the song with each other. A few more uptempo songs came on and then Marvin Gaye’s “I Want You” came on.

Kanji pulled London to him by her hands and intertwined their fingers, pulling her soft body close to his hard one. He pulled their joined fingers to her hips and swayed with her to the music.

“The DJ knows what he’s doing tonight, huh?” London asked as she looked up and stared into Kanji’s eyes as he sang to the song. She had never seen him look at her so intensely. She sighed as he pulled her closer to him.

“You can say that again,” he began as he sang the song, staring down into her eyes.

London couldn’t take the serious way that he was looking at her and his hands pulled her arms up around his neck while his vacationed on her lower back, making small little circles on the small of it that was making London lose her train of thought.

“Mitchie, I’m impressed. You know about Marvin Gaye. You know good music,” London replied trying to lighten the mood as she looked into Kanji’s eyes. The boy was so sexy, even in his god-awful powder blue uniform shirt and khaki’s.

“What, you think because I got slanted eyes and a damned near flat ass that I don’t know good music?” Kanji inquired in that hot as hell deep voice of his as he grinned down at her.

“I didn’t mean it like that. I mean, I don’t know many Chinese/Japanese/Scottish guys that know about R&B. You got to admit it’s kind of odd,” London replied.

“Not really. I’m an American. My mother and father are American. It’s American music. It’s not much of a stretch, L,” Kanji replied as London nodded in agreement.

“True. It’s just that the more I find out about you, the more surprised I am, that’s all. So, when did you first hear Marvin?” London asked.

“When I was about 4 years old. My father loves Marvin Gaye, Al Green, Otis Redding, Donny Hathaway. Anyway, after my parents put me to bed I would hear these songs playing and I liked them a lot. I would sneak out of my room to see what they were doing and they would be dancing and making out like crazy to Marvin, Al…whoever put them in the mood that night. I went home a few weekends ago and do you know that they still dance after I leave or go to bed,” he responded as London smiled.

“That’s nice that they still do the things that helped them fall in love with each other. They sound like they have real love. That’s a rare thing. That’s so sweet,” London replied as Kanji leaned over and pressed a slow, soft kiss to her forehead. London felt like she was breaking out in a cold sweat. His lips were soft and they felt incredible.

“You’re sweet,” Kanji whispered as he stared into her brown eyes with his as he kissed her once more on the forehead.

“Kanji,” London whispered softly as her eyes closed slowly relishing the feel of his lips against her skin. Kanji’s lips were making their way across her closed eyelids, her cheeks, her nose, her chin and she didn’t know what she would do. Then she felt his package, which was rock hard slowly grinding against her as they danced and it felt good…and hard…and thick…and long.

“Yes London?” he asked, his voice deceptively sexier and deeper as his lips moved down her chin and slowly across her jaw.

“You’re…I’m…we’re…,” she began as his lips ran slowly down her neck, peppering it with tiny kisses.

“You smell so good, London,” he whispered as his lips kissed her neck some more. London’s fingers wound themselves in Kanji’s thick, jet black hair as her head tipped back. His lips were all over her neck, whispering in Japanese to her…or it could have been Chinese. She didn’t care, she just didn’t want him to stop. It just sounded wonderfully sexy.

“Um…Kanji…what are we…,” and the next thing she knew, Kanji had gripped the back of her head with both hands and planted a kiss on her lips that made her knees buckle. Kanji’s tongue swept into her mouth and he kissed her like he was trying to savor the taste of her. London returned the kiss, moaning as his tongue glided against hers.

“Just too sweet,” Kanji whispered between kisses as London smiled against his lips.

“And beautiful…you’re so beautiful, baby,” he whispered as he kissed her, his eyes sweeping all over her chocolate brown face.

“Thank you. Kanji, what about Mark?” London asked in between kisses as Kanji looked into her eyes.

“What about him? You don’t want that guy, London,” he whispered as he lightly nipped her bottom lip with his, causing London’s hands to roam across his chest.

“I don’t?” London asked as Kanji’s tongue lightly licked her top lip, then the bottom before kissing her softly on the mouth.

“No. Listen to the song, L. I want you and I want you to want me too,” Kanji asked as he kissed her and lowered her to the carpeted floor. London had never seen this side of Kanji and it was doing all kinds of things to her lower regions. His arms were on either side of her as he rested between her legs and kissed her again.

“Um,” was the only intelligent thing that London could mutter at the moment because the man’s hands and his lips were turning her to goo. The next thing she knew, Kanji had her shirt unbuttoned, displaying her tan lace bra as he kissed the tops of her breasts and kissed down her stomach, his fingers unbuttoning her khakis and unzipping them. The next thing she knew, his fingers were gliding across the area above her tan colored panties, then his lips were following the same path, his eyes staring up at her as he kissed her. London could only lick her lips and moan at the feeling of his lips on her skin.

“I want you so bad, London…so bad, baby,” he whispered as his fingers slowly lowered to her panty covered, soaking wet crotch. His fingers glided over her as he stared at her and kissed her stomach.

“It feels like you want me, too. Do you?” he asked as his fingers caressed her covered clit with the sweetest pressure that had her bucking against his fingers.

“Yes,” she whispered and the next thing she knew, Kanji had made his way back up to her and kissed her passionately on the lips.

“I’ve wanted this for so long baby. I…,” and that’s when they both heard the door open. From where they were behind the huge supply shelf, they couldn’t be seen and Kanji groaned loudly with frustration. As his forehead leaned against hers, he fought to catch his breath and calm himself. His lips brushed lightly against hers once more.

“Don’t move. Stay right there. I’ll be right back,” he said as he stood up, adjusted his hard-on, ran his fingers through his hair and went to help the customer. London was hotter than fish grease, but then she looked around and got spooked as hell. What the hell was she about to do...with Kanji...at work?!
Present Day

“Then I said to myself that I can’t believe I was going to screw Kanji on the floor of Quickie Copy. When he came back, I told him that it was wrong, that I had a boyfriend, we were friends and we just got caught up in the moment. Then…,” London began but was interrupted by Keira.

“I know. You two argued about it for awhile and he didn’t speak to you for three days. Then you two talked and decided your friendship was worth more than a fuck, yada, yada, yada, and moved on. You and Kanji's shit is truly ridiculous. At least you could’ve let him give you a nut first, L,” Keira replied as London sighed, wishing she could have just did what she wanted to do with Kanji on that floor.

“Wait a minute. You knew about this?” Taryn asked.

“Yep,” Keira replied.

“So did I,” Adrianna offered.

“What the fuck? Why wasn’t I told about this secret rendezvous?” Taryn asked.

“Because you would have told Gavin and Gavin’s ass can’t hold water,” Adrianna replied.

“Yeah, you know your hubby has diarrhea of the mouth,” Keira replied as they all laughed.

“Yeah, he does, but he sure knows what to do with that mouth, if you catch my drift,” Taryn stated as they all laughed. Taryn wrapped her arm around London as she laid her head on her friend’s shoulder.

“Aw, sweetie…why don’t you just get this crap about loving Kanji off your chest. You’ve played the friend for too long. You love him, L Boogie. Tell the man. Then you two can have all the Quickie Copy floor sex that you want,” Taryn replied.

“And Krispy Crème sex…and Popeyes sex…and Burger King sex…Just throw the loving on the man already,” Keira replied as London shook her head at her friends.

“Maybe I will. Hey, can we eat now?” London asked desperately wanting to change the subject as she stood up and straightened her black leather handbag across her shoulder and began to walk toward the door. London was madly in love with Kanji Mitchell, but what if he didn’t feel the same way about her? She knew he cared about her and loved her, but what if…what if . The what if is what had her scared like crazy to tell him.

No one noticed how quiet Adrianna was as they walked out of the bridal shop and onto the street in search of lunch.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Across town, Kanji was listening to the remnants of “I Want You” while he worked on an article at home, his mind wandering to that one time where he got to kiss, touch and caress the only woman he ever really loved. Her dark brown skin was silky and soft and she was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. Those full, gorgeous lips of hers had felt and tasted just like he knew they would…soft and sweet, just like the owner. He always wished that they hadn’t been interrupted by that damn customer. If they hadn’t, who knows where he and London would be.

What if they hadn’t been interrupted? What if he would have tried harder to persuade her to continue where they left off before they were interrupted by their one lone customer of the night?

What if…what if

Kanji was getting tired of that damn question and he decided that he had to do something about it…and soon.