Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 6

  Two weeks before the wedding… 

Keira was leaving a new client’s home when her cell phone rang.  As she walked down the street to hail a cab, she answered the phone.

 

“This is Keira,” she said into the phone.

 

“Hello gorgeous. How’s my favorite girl this morning?” Mason replied.

 

Keira couldn’t help it.  She smiled brightly at the sound of his greeting even though she was fuming inside.  “Hey, Mason.  She’s fine, thanks for asking.”

 

“I know that you’re fine, but how are you?  You don’t really sound like you’re alright,” Mason replied, picking up on the little bit of agitation that came from her voice.

 

“I’m cool, I’m cool.  Stop worrying, dad,” Keira responded with a grin.

 

“Dad, huh?  Call me daddy in your bedroom voice, followed by that hushed little moan and I’d gladly stop worrying,” Mason said as Keira shook her head.

 

“You’re such a freak nasty.  It’s too early for that shit, Mason,” Keira said.

 

“It’s never too early to talk dirty, baby.  Remember that.  Hey, have you eaten your recommended half dozen of glazed donuts this morning?” Mason asked with a knowing grin.

 

“You already know the answer to that, butthead,” Keira replied.

 

“That would be a yes,” Mason said as he looked at one of his recently completed paintings.

 

“Why don’t you stop asking for answers to questions you already know?  Besides, you’ve certainly thrown me for a loop.  This is shocking, Mason.  I mean, it’s 10am and you’re awake. That in itself is a huge feat. What brought on this minor miracle? Did one of your hoochies give you a morning wake up call?” Keira asked making sure to keep her voice light.  Mason knew she was jealous and smiled at the fact.

 

“Baby, I told you I haven’t been seeing or doing anyone.  Why don’t you believe me?” Mason asked.

 

“I just don’t that’s why.  Look, I was already having a perfectly shitty morning thanks to the snotty, racist ass new client that I just left and refused to work with and now you’re calling me to start mess.  If you’re going to do that, just hang up now because I’m not in the mood,” Keira snapped at Mason.

 

“You’ve got to stay away from the latte’s with the extra espresso shot, Kee.  It makes you act like a bitch,” Mason said waiting to hear Keira’s comeback.

 

“Fuck you and your happy go lucky ass, Drayton.  I’m going to hang up because you’re obviously trying to start some shit in which I will certainly finish so…,” Keira began, but was interrupted by Mason.

 

“Don’t hang up, Keira.  I didn’t mean to get you all rowdy, so don’t get bent.  I was just messing with you,” Mason said with a grin.

”Well, it’s not the morning to mess with me, alright,” she said with a defeated sigh. 

 

“What happened, baby? You feel like talking about it?” Mason asked sincerely and Keira sighed again. 

 

“Not right now.  Look, I’m sorry I went all Rosemary’s Baby for a minute on you.  I shouldn’t be taking out my crappy morning on others, that’s my bad.  So, why are you calling me in the am again?” Keira asked.

 

“I’m calling you in the am and I’m up because I’ve been getting things ready for my showing at the Dega Gallery tomorrow night,” Mason replied as he pointed to a painting that was in the wrong place and watched as the gallery worker moved it.

 

“Tomorrow Night? The Dega Gallery?  Are you serious?  Mason, I’m so proud of you.  Why am I just hearing about this and I’d better be getting my invitation hand delivered today,” Keira asked as Mason laughed at her being bossy.

 

“I wanted to surprise you and I wanted you to see that I’m serious about making a career with my painting.  Hey, are you busy right now?” Mason asked as he looked around the gallery, his hands in his jeans pockets.

 

“I was just going to go back to the office and do some paperwork.  Nothing really pressing…why?” Keira asked.

 

“Can you meet me at Dega?” Mason asked.

 

“When?” she asked, her interest piqued.

 

“Now if you can.  I really want you to see everything before I show it and I could hand deliver your invite…that’s what I planned on doing anyway.  Also, it would really mean a lot to me if you would come over to see what I’ve accomplished.  Please, Keira?” Mason asked and as soon as Keira heard him call her name in that sexy voice of his, she knew she would come running.

 

“Alright.  I’ll see you in about 20 minutes,” Keira replied as she looked at her wristwatch.

 

Keira could feel Mason’s sexy grin through the phone.  “I’ll be waiting, beautiful.  See you soon.”

 

“Bye,” Keira replied as she hailed a cab.  She told the driver where she was going and couldn’t stop the excitement that coursed through her body.  It wasn’t just because she                                                                                    was going to see Mason’s work or something Mason actually completed.  It was because she was going to see him and maybe, just maybe he finally got it.

  

Mason smiled as he looked around the gallery, awaiting Keira’s arrival.  He couldn’t believe the amount of painting he had done in the last 9 months.  Once he started, he couldn’t stop. 

 

“Hey, you made it,” Mason replied as he watched Keira walk in the door of the empty gallery with a khaki colored short shirtdress with the collar pulled up around her neck and tan colored heels.  Anything she put on made her sexier than the law allowed, he thought as he stared at her gorgeous legs as she walked towards him. 

 

“Barely.  It feels wonderful in here.  Thank god for the inventor of freon because I think I just saw the devil doing the two step on the corner.  I’m hot as hell,” Keira stated as she smiled at Mason as she walked up to him, fanning her tan leather clutch bag in front of her face.  He had on a pair of faded jeans and a vintage Rolling Stones t-shirt that hugged his muscular, upper arms, looking sexy as hell.  His hair was a lot shorter and those blue eyes of his seemed to swallow her as he looked at her. 

 

“You most certainly are, baby,” he whispered as he leaned down and pecked her lightly on her cheek, then lightly on her lips. 

 

“I’m sweating like a pig and my hair is falling, but I’m glad I still got what it takes to get a sideways glance, especially from Mason Drayton, King Ding-a-Ling.  Thanks,” Keira said.

 

Mason laughed, then said, “You’re something else, girl.”

 

“I know, I know.  Hey, can a girl get a swig of water or something?” Keira asked. 

 

“Yeah, hold on,” Mason replied as he left to retrieve a bottled water for Keira.  He walked towards her as he opened it and handed it to her.

 

“Thanks, Drayton,” she replied as she took a long sip of the cold water from the bottle.

 

“No problem.  So, what happened with your client, Kee?” Mason asked as he watched Keira sigh and unload what happened with her client previously. Carole Sedgwick, her newest client came from old money and was as connected and as racist as they’d come.  She was only interested in Keira’s work because several of her friends were clients of Keira’s.  Keira was called too many girls and picked up on other racist innuendos from the rich, racist heifer and she politely told the bitch that she wouldn’t be able to fit her in her schedule and recommended another interior decorator for her. 

 

“I know that bitch and trust me, that’s what she is. She’s always trying to get pops to come to some charity or fundraising thing and all he does is write a check.  He can’t stand her.  Her family came over on the Mayflower, built most of the US.  She’s a member of the Daughters of the Confederacy, and her family’s a card carrying member of the Klan, as well.  Sorry you had to come up against that, Kee,” Mason replied as he held her in his arms, rubbing his hands along her back. 

 

“Yeah, well, it’s the world we live in, but enough about that.  Why don’t you take off these coverings and help me feel better,” Keira replied.  Keira pulled away from his chest, not wanting too, but she couldn’t very well see the paintings huddled up in Mason’s hard, muscled chest could she.

 

One could dream, she thought to herself.

 

“I can do that.  Come with me,” he replied with a grin as he pulled her hand in his and intertwined them.

 

For the next thirty five minutes Mason and Keira walked around the humongous gallery and Keira listened to Mason explain all of his paintings. He was always talented, but what she saw standing on the easels or hanging on the walls of the gallery was magnificent.  Mason seemed so excited as he spoke to her about his art and she couldn’t stop smiling as she went from canvas to canvas, taking in the artwork that was displayed.

 

Mason loved the way Keira would smile or the way her head would tilt as she looked at his paintings.  Just having her there and seeing her beautiful face light up or furrow in thought was making his day.

 

“I feel better just looking at all this.  Mason, you’ve got mad talent,” Keira stated in awe as she looked at another painting.

 

“Thank you.  See, I’m glad I could help you feel better,” Mason replied as he stared at her.

 

“You definitely did.  Mason, this is incredible.  I knew you had this greatness in you.  I’m so glad that you didn’t give up on it,” Keira replied as Mason took both of her hands in his and brushed his lips across the knuckles.

 

“No, this is because of you.  You didn’t give up on me, Kee,” Mason replied as his thumbs made small circles across her knuckles.

 

“Mason…I broke up with you and told you I had enough.  If that’s not giving up, I don’t know what is,” Keira replied as Mason reached out and rubbed the back of his hand across her silky, brown cheek.

 

“Keira, every time I called you or came to you, you told me to kiss your ass and to man up.  You kicked me when I needed it, and if you didn’t give a shit, you wouldn’t have.  Trust me, it’s what I needed.  So, yeah, this is all because of you.  Thank you,” Mason whispered as he moved closer to her. 

 

“You’re welcome,” Keira replied as she looked up and his eyes caught hers.  Mason leaned his tall frame down as his lips captured hers in a soft kiss.  Keira closed her eyes and moved her lips against his, a little moan escaping through her lips as his tongue lightly caressed hers.  She felt him pulling away, nibbling on her lips lightly.  Her eyes were still closed and Mason grinned at her.

 

“Hey…you taste like donuts,” he replied as he watched her open those big, beautiful brown eyes of hers slowly.

 

Keira smiled.  “Oh.  I didn’t notice.”

 

“I did. There’s one more thing I wanted to show you.  Close your eyes,” he replied as he gently took both of her hands in his and pulled her with him.  They walked for a minute or so and he let go of her hands and stood behind her with his arms wrapped around her waist.  Mason placed his chin on her shoulder, inhaling her sweet, citrus scent and whispered, “Okay beautiful, you can open them.”

 

Keira opened her eyes and gasped.  It was a painting of her from one of his favorite photos of her. 

 

“Oh my God!  That’s me!” Keira stated as her right hand covered her mouth.

 

“Can’t get anything past you, huh?” he asked with a grin.

 

“No, you can’t.  I remember when you took that picture.  I was half asleep and you didn’t have any caffeine in your house and you kept telling me to just look up and I did and you took that picture.  But this is…wow,” Keira replied.

 

“Thank you.  The subject is insanely gorgeous so this painting was a walk in the park to create.  This is my favorite painting, but I guess you know that already,” Mason said as he kissed her on the neck.

 

Keira smiled.  “Can’t get anything past you.  Wait…it says not for sale.  You’re not going to sell it?”

 

“Nope.  It’s one of my best pieces.  I wanted to show it, but not sell it,” Mason replied.

 

“Why not?  I look freakin’ hot in this painting,” Keira replied.

 

Mason grinned against her neck.  “You ain’t never lying.  That’s why I’m not selling it.”

 

“Hey, not to brag, but I look damn good.  You could get a pretty penny for this,” Keira replied.

 

“I know.  The owner of the gallery wanted to buy it, but I told him no dice.  I saw the look in his eyes and I do believe that he was going to take this home and have a Blockbuster night with it, if you know what I mean?  That just confirmed my decision.  I don’t want anyone taking this painting home with them and choking the chicken to it.  Nope, this one’s mine,” Mason stated as Keira grinned.

 

“It really is masturbation worthy,” Keira said as Mason kissed her neck softly, his hands slowly cupping her breasts.  Keira licked her bottom lip and leaned back closer to him.

 

“I know that…trust me, I do and that’s all I’ve got to say.  Keira, we really need to stop talking about self-stimulation and shit, because I’m getting really horny and I know that you are too,” he whispered in her ear as his lips nipped her right earlobe, then continued to kiss her silky neck while softly squeezing her perky breasts.

 

“I am,” Keira whispered.

 

“That’s good to know.  You wanna get out of here?” Mason asked as his thumbs circled over her pebbled nipples through her dress and her bra, making Keira lick her bottom lip and moan.

 

“Yes,” Keira whispered as Mason’s hands went to her waist and turned her around, backing her into the nearest wall. He leaned down, his eyes never leaving hers as his hand slowly disappeared under her dress, landing right on her silk covered mound, which was wet with need. Mason curled his finger underneath the crotch of her panties and stroked her between her slick folds and her clit.  Keira forgot that they were in a public place and just enjoyed his fingers caressing her. 

 

“Baby, you’re so wet…you want me that bad, huh?” Mason asked.

 

“I’m not going to lie.  I do.  Umm, baby, that feels so good, don’t stop,” Keira replied moaning as she stared into his eyes.

 

“I know how you like it, baby, and you know what’s going to happen next.  We’re going to go to my house and fuck each other into a coma,” Mason whispered into her ear.

 

“That sounds good…lets go,” Keira whispered as her eyes closed.

 

“Not so fast, Kee.  If we go to my house and get it on, there’s no turning back.  I’m not doing this break-up shit anymore, Keira.  I love you, Kee.  I need you.  So, you have a choice. Either you let me be your man again, or I don’t let you come.  What’s it going to be, Keira,” he asked as his finger furiously flicked her clit.

 

Keira’s eyes rolled back and she bit down on her bottom lip, feeling her climax approaching.

 

“You muthafucka…you’re so damn sneaky. You tricked me,” Keira whispered.

 

Mason laughed.  “Desperate times call for desperate measures.  So, what do you say, baby?”

 

“You slick bastard,” Keira panting.

 

“No you’re the slick one and I do believe that you want to nut right about now…,” he replied.  Keira was so close and the next thing she knew he took his finger away and stared into her eyes.

 

Keira groaned.  “You bitch!  That was so dirty.”

 

“I know.  It’s what I do.  But, if you give me the answer I want, I can give you what you want…more than once.  Come on, baby, you know you miss me and you love me.  Just say yes,” Mason replied as he took the finger that had been stroking her and sucked it into his mouth in the most explicit way.   Keira got even wetter and clasped her legs together. She needed to cum in the worst way and who was she kidding?  She wanted her man back.

 

“Alright shit, but you better fuck the shit out of me and I better have multiple or else w’re going to have some problems,” Keira replied.

 

“So fuckin’ bossy…you know I love that shit,” he stated with a grin.

 

“I know.  You’re a perv,” Keira whispered.

 

“So?” he whispered back as he pulled her to him and planted his lips on hers, stroking his tongue inside of her mouth.  Keira moaned into him and kissed him with the same amount of intensity as he kissed her.

 

After the kiss, he smiled down at her.  “I’m glad we cleared that up.” 

 

“I’m sure you are, you sneaky fuck,” Keira replied.  Mason planted a kiss of victory on her lips and held her hand as they hurriedly walked to the front entrance of the gallery.

 

“Sneaky fuck,” Keira whispered as Mason winked at her as they walked out of the gallery.

 

********************************************************************

  

Adrianna knew what she was doing was intrusive, but she didn’t care.  They needed a push and if she didn’t do it, they probably would never get to it.  She rang the doorbell of Kanji’s apartment and smiled when her friend opened the door.

 

“Hey, A!  What are you doing here?” Kanji asked with a grin as she hugged him.

 

“I came to see you.  I need to talk to you about something,” Adrianna replied.

 

“Okay.  Come on in,” Kanji replied as he let her walk into his apartment.  Adrianna walked in and smiled at her friend.

 

“Can I get you something to drink?” Kanji asked.

 

“No.  I just really need to talk to you,” Adrianna said.

 

“Okay.  So what is it that you need to talk about?  Is it the bachelor party because I promise you it won ‘t be too wild…well that’s not true because Mason rented one of the best gentleman’s club for the entire night, so it may get a bit rowdy, but don’t worry.  I’m going to make sure that Michael gets to the wedding in one piece…” Kanji stated as he crossed his arms as Adrianna interrupted him.

 

“You and London…this shit has got to stop,” Adrianna replied.

 

Kanji looked at Adrianna with surprise. Adrianna was usually very quiet, but when she had something to say, look out.  “What shit?”

 

“Don’t play stupid, Mitchie.  You know what I’m talking about.  I can’t take much more of this…London can’t take much more of it and neither can you,” Adrianna replied.

 

“What are you talking about?” Kanji asked.

 

“London loves you, Kanji.  She has for a long time.  She’d kill me if she knew I was here right now, so you can’t tell her,” Adrianna replied.

 

“London loves me?  She’s in love with me?” Kanji asked with a smile on his face.

 

Adrianna smiled and shook her head.  “Yes, you knucklehead.  L loves you, totally and completely.  She’s nuts about you and I know the feeling is mutual.  I know that you love her, too, huh Mitchie?”

 

Kanji let out a deep breath as he looked at his friend and said, “I’ve always wanted London.  I’ve been in love with her for years.   Yes, I love her…only her.”

 

“Then why in the hell are you two not together?” Adrianna asked as Kanji uncrossed his arms and ran both of his hands through his shoulder length, black hair.

 

“I don’t know.  I mean, when I tried she backed away and we just went back to friend mode.  I figured she didn’t love me like that, so I just left it alone,” Kanji replied.

 

“Well, you need to put the charm on full blast and get her because I’m sick of you two.  She’s obviously not going to make the first move, so you have to.  I know I’m sticking my nose where it doesn’t belong, but you’ll thank me later.  The girls and I agreed that this intervention was needed to push you guys along.  I love the both of you and I just want to see you happy and you’re not.  You’ve been jumping from hoochie to hoochie and London…well, a nun gets more action than my girl,” Adrianna replied.

 

“That was kind of harsh, A,” Kanji replied.

 

“No, it was kind of true.  Every guy that she meets, she just compares them to you and she doesn’t make an effort to get into anything deep with them because they’re not you.  You know they’ve been far and between, so my assessment is right on the money.  You two are perfect for each other…you always have been, so make it happen, Mitchie.  She’s just waiting on you. I suggest you bring your A game and get London.  Now, I’ve got to meet with the caterer in 15 minutes, so I suggest you do whatever it is that you do to make London all tingly and shit…just do more of it,” Adrianna stated with a grin as she walked over to Kanji and kissed him on the cheek.

 

“Yes sir.  Hey, A…thanks,” Kanji replied as he watched Adrianna smile at him with her hand on the doorknob.

 

“No problem.  I’d better see some tongue swapping or hear about some hot, freaky sex from L…and soon.  See you later, Mitchie,” Adrianna said.

 

“Bye,” Kanji replied as he watched her walk out of the door, smiling to himself.  London loved him.  London was in love with him.  That was all the motivation he needed.  It was on. London would be his…soon.