Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Happy 4th! I know that I'm early but I love holidays :-). Thank you all so much for reading anc commenting, it helps.

This is a Maya chapter and I hope you enjoy reading it,




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Maya clasped her pink pearl earrings to her ears and studied her profile yet again. She wanted to look perfect today; she would be on display as the soon to be Mrs. Purdue. She couldn’t help but smile, she was ecstatic. The wedding day was mere weeks away and now she was starting to feel like a bride. 

Today was just the beginning of her life as a Perdue and she was both joyful and nervous. Her bridal shower was going to be held in the magnolia gardens at the Perdue family home, Red Oak Hall. It was everything that an old antebellum mansion was supposed to be and even included the requisite southern belle; Jensen’s mother, Vivian. A household staff, useless rooms that were in keeping with the traditional southern family lifestyle, gardens and antiques that had been in the family for generations.

Maya was on pins and needles when she first met Jensen’s parents. His father, Jasper immediately hugged her and welcomed her into the family. Vivian on the other hand, grilled her like a steak. Jensen assured her that her bark was much worse than her bite and he was right. Within in a few hours of their meeting the ladies were chitchatting it up like old friends and making lunch dates.

Even though Vivian could be a bit over bearing, Maya didn’t mind it. Vivian made no secrets when it came to telling anyone who would listen, that she always wanted a daughter. She loved her four boys dearly, but she always wanted to go shopping with her daughter, have tea with her daughter, spoil her daughter and since Maya didn’t have a mother herself, to do those things for her, their relationship fell into place and seemed to work for both ladies.

Smoothing her hands down her ankle length silk pink floral wrap dress, Maya smiled and felt confident that Vivian would approve of it. The lady was the epitome of southern chic and Maya secretly took cues from her style portfolio. Though she didn’t have much money to spend on clothes, she did splurge on this one purchase. Last week, Vivian offered to take her shopping for today, but Maya declined; telling Vivian that she could spoil her new daughter in law after the wedding. Vivian squealed in delight at the compromise and went back to advising on floral arrangements and cakes for the wedding.

Maya smiled as she thought about her soon to be mother in law, taking care of all the details of the day. To some it would seem that Vivian was taking over the affair, because as president of the Women’s League of South Georgia, she had an image to maintain and hosting the shower anywhere else would have seem gauche. But Maya knew better, Vivian was simply excited about the wedding as was she.

She looked back into the mirror to check her reflection one more time and was surprised to see Jensen standing there watching her. She was lovely he thought. And she deserves better.

“What do you think? Is it too much?” she asked nervously, smoothing out invisible wrinkles.

“It’s perfect. You’re perfect. Mom is going to be so jealous.” He teased.

She laughed and walked over to him, giving him a quick kiss.

Jensen kissed her back but felt sick to his stomach. Living with his betrayal for the past few weeks had him twisted in knots. He had to come clean about what happened in Atlanta with Jasmine. Maya deserved better than both of them.

Sighing inwardly, he thought about what was at risk. Telling her the truth would hurt her. But living with the lie was hurting them both.

Jensen sat on the bed and was half listening to her talk about the day’s event. He watched Maya as she dabbed on perfume and touched up her lipstick, she truly was everything he wanted in his life partner; beautiful, smart, loving and supportive. How could he be so stupid to risk losing her over a few quickies with Jasmine? Every time he thought about it, it made him sick.

He had to tell her. But coming clean now would mean losing Maya. He knew that, he felt it. And he just couldn’t face that right now; not with their wedding less than a month away and especially since he still wanted her to be his wife.

“Hey, what’s the matter?” Maya asked with concern.

Jensen was so lost in his thoughts that he did realize she had asked him a question. He was sweating and his hands were shaking.

“Still not feeling any better?”

“I…I…Maya…I need to...” Tell her, she deserves to know the truth.

“What is it?” Nothing, just a little guilty conscious. That’s all.

Looking into her warm brown eyes nearly broke him. “Do you need more ginger ale?” she asked ushering him to lie back on the pillows.

“No; I think I just need to lie down for a bit, I’m still not feeling 100%.” Coward.

“Ok, well just take it easy. I’ll just sit with you for a few minutes, until you feel better.” Maya moved to sit next to him, but he stopped her.

“No! Go…my mom would kill me if she knew that you were late to your bridal shower because I had a tummy ache.” He half laughed and so did she. She is going to hate me and rightfully so.

Maya bent down to kiss his forehead and it was surprisingly heated.

“You do feel a little warm, should I call a doctor?” she joked. They both laughed and Jensen mustered enough energy to throw one of the decorative pillows off of the bed at her. I love you so much, how could I be so stupid.

“I’ll be fine in a few; I think I just need some rest. All of these double shifts have been running me ragged.” That and lying to you.

“Ok, well get a nap, but remember that your mother expects you to show by 6pm; so that we can thank everyone properly. Nina is on her way to pick me up, so I’ll be downs stairs for a few more minutes, if you need anything.” Maya walked over to the dresser and picked up her clutch and sunglasses.

“Jasmine left already, so the house should be quiet.” She teased, but he didn’t laugh back.

“Are you sure you’re ok?”

“I’m fine. You look beautiful wife,” Jensen smiled. “I love you,”

“And I love you too. Hope you feel better.”

Jensen nodded as Maya closed the bedroom door. He sighed heavily into the room and fought the tears that hovered. Their wedding date was fast approaching and there was no way he could fix this. He had no choice; it was eating away at him. He had to tell her soon and he had to do it, before Jasmine did.

**************************

Mrs. Purdue thought of everything for the shower and she loved Maya’s ankle length floral wrap dress. Maya was more impressed with Vivian’s dress herself. A yellow sundress with handmade satin daisies for pockets was so en vogue for a summer soiree. The color complimented Vivian’s sun kissed skin, wheat colored hair and cool azure eyes. Her soon to be mother in law was always impeccably dressed and was ever the gracious hostess.

Vivian was a true social butterfly and she made sure that all of their guests, who were mostly her guests, were well attended to and felt welcomed. Maya had only a few friends to speak of, some ladies from church, her job at the country club and a few classmates made up her list of invitees. Nonetheless all of the ladies, mingled, played games and had a great time. Even Jasmine was there, smiling and fulfilling her maid of honor duties and generally being pleasant to everyone; surprising both Maya and Nina.

But the highlight of the affair came at the end the evening when Maya and Jensen exchanged gifts. When Jensen presented her with the shiny silver envelope, Maya couldn’t imagine what it could be. But when she opened it up and read the certificate she jumped into his arms and kissed him. It was a certificate for a week at the Serena Williams Fantasy Camp. She always wanted to learn how to play tennis and Jensen had offered to teach her numerous, times. But she always refused his help, jokingly telling him that if she was going to learn to play tennis, her lessons would be taught by a pro. She meant a regular tennis coach and never in her wildest dreams was she expecting that.

Jensen’s gift from her wasn’t as pricey as his gift to her; but she knew that it would be something that he would love and appreciate. She asked him to take a seat and close his eyes. He joked that he would prefer that she gave him this lap dance later on tonight. His mother’s eyes bulged out of their lids at his comment, while the other guests laughed, whistled and cheered.

Jensen didn’t know what to expect, but when he felt two fluffy paws jump up on him, he opened his eyes and was stunned. There, waiting for his caress was a chocolate Labrador retriever, slobbering all over his clothes. Jensen smiled nearly cracked his face. She remembered. His chocolate lab Hersey died the week of his high school graduation and he was devastated. He always wanted another dog, but wanted to wait until he had a house with a backyard. Well he would have that soon. With Maya. Vivian cried too when she saw his gift, remembering how much her son loved his dog, Hersey.

That was one of the reasons why Jensen loved Maya; she was so thoughtful and willing to make those around her happy. Even if it meant sacrificing her own happiness and that was why he couldn’t hurt her, by lying to her.

He had to tell her the truth.

------------------------

“It’s just like the Purdue men to show up just in time for cake and the run off to get out of helping clean up.” Vivian fussed as she directed the caterers, who were still packing away crystal and china.

Maya laughed at Vivian’s observation, the Perdue men were all gathered around the desert table a few minutes ago, but somehow they all vanished.

“Not all of us mother.” Seth corrected, “Is there anymore cake?”

“Where is everyone?” Vivian asked her youngest, pointing to what was left of the desert bar.

“I think that they are still in the library playing with Trixie.” Seth replied before stuffing his mouth with cake.

“Trixie?” both women said at the same time.

“Yep, that’s what Jensen named her.” Seth laughed, revealing the chocolate lab’s new name.

-----------------------------------

“Of all the boneheaded, idiotic things you’ve done. This is by far, the icing on the cake Jensen.” Jasper Perdue, bellowed from the library; as Jensen’s siblings Chase and Royce looked on.

Jensen had confided in brothers already and the only advice they both came up with was to talk it over with their father. Now Jensen wasn’t so sure that it was the best idea, because this was not going the way he thought it would.

“Dad, don’t you think I know that.”

“No, son I don’t think you do. Jasper gritted out. His face was red and his temples were pulsating. “You have your choice of all of those sluts roaming around the country club, and you pick your fiancée’s sister to have one last fling with, are you insane?”

“Dad it wasn’t like that…it just happened.”

“I see.” Jasper responded coolly; but he could easily read Jensen’s body language and it revealed more than his son realized.

“And how many times did it ‘just happen’, hmm?” his father inquired although he already had his answer.

Jensen averted his eyes from his father’s stern gaze.

“Christ almighty, you’ve got to be the biggest….”

Jasper was usually as easy going man, so the fact that his father was not only standing up but yelling surprised Jensen.

 “Dad!” Jensen yelled, stopping Jasper from completing his thought. “Please, just help me fix this.”

“Fix this?” his father asked incredulously. “You’re joking right? Son, this isn’t like getting out of a speeding ticket for going 95 in 45 or having charges dropped after you’ve been arrested for a drunken tirade at the Marriott, Jensen. Both of which Jensen had been guilty of.  You’ve been sleeping with Maya’s sister, so tell me how am I going to help you fix this?”

“You...slept with Jasmine?’ Maya stuttered from the library door.

All sets of eyes that were previous glued on Jensen slowly moved to the figure at the door. No one had heard her soft taps on the door or her steps into the room. The men stood in silent surprise and watched as Maya grabbed on to the door for support.

Maya’s voice was small and quivering but she found the will to ask the question again. “You…you slept with Jasmine?”

Jensen couldn’t lie to her. He wouldn’t. She deserved to know the truth.

His father moved from behind his mammoth mahogany desk and began ushering his other sons out of the room, to give them privacy. He rubbed his hands down Jensen’s back for support and hoped that his son summoned the courage to face his now frantic bride.

Opting not to speak immediately, Jensen considered his words carefully. No matter what he said to Maya, his betrayal would hurt her. Jensen met her light brown eyes that already looked moist with tears. He felt as if he had just been punched in the gut and it caused his own tears to start falling.

 “Maya…” Jensen started, as he moved closer to the door where she stood trembling. He reached for her but she pushed his hands away.

“NO!” Maya yelled, “Just answer the question, Jensen. Did you?”

“Yes…”

**********************************

Still stunned from the turn of events, Maya sat quietly in her bed still clothed in her floral wrap dress. She only managed to pull her hair out of the elaborate ponytail, Nina had styled earlier and took her shoes off. How she could be so blind, she thought as her face fell into her hands. Her thoughts were driving her crazy as she began to replay every interaction that she witnessed between the two; how could she miss the signs of something that hurtful, so close to home.

She heard the nick of the front door closing and Jensen’s footsteps heading up the old pine stairs towards her bedroom. The closer his steps came, the faster her tears fell. She tried to steel herself for the exchange that was to come, but when he walked into the room, her pain bubbled to the surface and the tears spilled out on to her make-up smeared face.

Jensen opened the bedroom door, his heart feeling heavier than he thought possible. If he wasn’t a doctor, he would have sworn that he was having a heart attack. He took one look at Maya’s tear soaked face and wanted to kick his own ass, he broke her heart.

Taking a seat at the foot of the bed, Jensen hung his head in disgrace. How could he explain this to her, when he couldn’t even face it himself.

“How could you hurt me like this Jensen?” Maya whimpered into the room, before he could say anything. “How could you do that to me…to us…?”

Watching her now had Jensen fixed on the spot where sat. Now it was his turn to cry, “I’m so sorry Maya. I’m so sorry I did this, I’m so sorry that I’ve hurt you…”

“It hurts so much…” He reached out to touch her, but Maya quickly evaded the contact. She had come to mean so much to him in the last year, how could he ruin what they had? How could he hurt her like this?

“How long?” Maya choked out through her sobs. She was now looking at him, for the first time since he entered the room and he felt smaller than an ant.

Jensen sighed heavily; with his guilty watery eyes fixed on her, he replied, “The night of my bachelor party in Atlanta.”

“Was that the only time?” Maya whispered.

Jensen’s eyes, dropped to the bed.

“Oh god….” Maya cried and she huddled further into her pillows, letting lose a feral shriek.

Maya couldn’t hold it in any longer as the tears fell down her cheeks. She screamed in frustration and slammed her had against the head board. “How could I be so stupid?” she wondered aloud.

“No, you’re not stupid.” Jensen whispered; trying to get closer to her, but she only pushed him away. “I’m the one who’s stupid. I am about to marry the best person I’ve ever met and what do I do? I fuck it up.”

“Is it…because I am still a virgin and wanted us to wait until we were married?” Maya sobbed.

Guilt overwhelmed him as he saw the tears streaming down Maya’s face. She looked at him too, with her sad eyes.

“No…No baby,” Jensen cried. “I wanted to make love for the first time to my virign bride on our wedding night. I  love you so much, Maya…”

He wanted to say something else but the expression on her face stopped all the words from flowing from his lips. She was heartbroken and now so was he.

 “Jensen, I loved you.” She spoke softly. “I really loved.”

“And I love you too, Maya. So much, I’m so sorry.” Repeating his declaration at least a thousand times, Jensen locked his arms around Maya and refused to let her go.  Maya let Jensen hold her just then, as her body continued to shake from her sobbing. In that embrace he felt her pain and hurt and the tension of the moment had both of then stiff with sadness. He held her in his arms for who knows how long, hoping and praying that she could find it in her heart to forgive him.

The pair sat intertwined on her bed, without words; only sharing tears and the sadness of their situation. She heard Jensen’s sniffles and Maya heart lurched. She held him tighter, not really wanting to let him go. She loved Jensen, she truly did. But sleeping with her sister was unforgivable.

Maya had never felt a hurt this deep. Not by Nadine, not by a father she barely remembered, not by Gran’s death. The two people that she loved more than probably herself had hurt her more than she could have ever imagined. She searched her mind for obvious signs that she could have missed but nothing really stood out.

Suddenly Maya sat up and reached for a tissue off of her bedside table. Dabbing the corners of her eyes, she knew what needed to be done. She was beyond angry with both Jensen and Jazz, but she had to put that aside for the moment so that she could talk to him, calmly.

Jensen watched her as she took a deep breath. “Jensen, I think that it’s best that we…”

A sense of dread settled within in his heart, his hope was that Maya would find it in her heart to forgive him. But it quickly faded before his eyes.

“No, Maya…”Jensen sobbed; he hoped that it wouldn’t come to this. “Please don’t do that…” he pleaded as Maya pulled off her engagement ring.

“It’s for the best.” She took a long look at her ring and then placed it in his palm.

“I’ll call Vivian in the morning to tell her myself. She worked so hard to make sure that everything would be perfect for us...so…I owe her that much.”

Jensen was caught off guard by her actions but he quickly scrambled off the bed, begging and pleading with her to reconsider calling off the wedding.

“I actually believed that we would have been so happy together.” Maya laughed sadly.

“We still can Maya, I still want this.” Jensen promised, kissing her forehead. “I want to marry you more than anything. Please…”

“Jensen, just…go, please.” Maya sobbed staring at the light fixture on the ceiling.

He knew that his pleas would fall on deaf ears tonight. So when she asked him to leave, he understood that as hard as that was, he had to respect her wishes.

Reluctantly he started for the door but then turned to face her,

“Look at me Maya,” She did, it was hard for them both as their pain was clearly visible in each other’s eyes. “I love you, you may not believe that right now but I do. If you find it in your heart to give me another chance, on my life, I promise you I will never do anything that would hurt you like this again. I swear it Maya. I love you.”

Kissing her temple, Jensen told her that he loved her again and that he would call her in the morning. She didn’t acknowledge his parting words and her silence crushed him a bit more. Jensen realized that that it was best not to push her right now.  He had to give her time and space and he would do whatever he had to gain her trust again. Jensen didn’t want to lose her and he certainly didn’t want to call off the wedding. 

------------------------------------------

Climbing up the staircase to face Maya had been hard for Jensen, descending them now was even worst.

“Save it Nina. There is nothing you can say to me that I haven’t said to myself or heard from everyone else, already.” He warned.

Nina stood in the living room fuming. He wasn’t in the mood to deal with her fireworks tonight.

“I can usually spot a rat a mile away; that Jasmine, I had her number the day I met her. But you...you slipped under my radar. That skank has always been jealous of her big sister, but what is your excuse, huh?” Nina offered bitterly as she opened the door for him to leave.

“I just hope that Maya can recover from this. She loves you both so much, this broke her heart, Jensen.”

Jensen walked through the door and didn’t acknowledge what Nina said to him; though he knew her words were true.

Chase got out of the car when he saw the front door open; he didn’t have to ask the question that was on his lips, when he saw his brother’s face. Jensen’s posture said as much.

“Tequila or Bourbon, bro?” Chase asked as he watched Jensen’s defeated form sink in to the passenger side of his silver BMW.

“Tequila, lots and lots of Tequila.” Was Jensen’s somber response.

******************************

Maya sat on the couch and waited for Jasmine to come through the door. She spent the night thinking about what she wanted to say to her sister and two things were at the top of her list.

First Jasmine needed to know that not only had she hurt her by sleeping with Jensen, but that she had also destroyed the last remnant of familial bond that she held so dearly.

And second, Jasmine needed psychological help, because from all the signs that she saw, her sister was on a self-destructive path. Bad choices, habits, people, and men could only lead her down her own dark path.

Maya was starting to grow impatient sitting on the sofa waiting for her sister; who didn’t come home after leaving the bridal shower the previous night.  When Maya woke up this morning she felt as if she had been hit by a freight train. Her emotions were bouncing all over the place. Especially after she spoke with Jensen. He was reluctant to give her details, but she need to know how this could have happened. He pleaded for her forgiveness and she told him that she still needed think things through. Harder still was the conversation she had with Vivian who was firmly on her side but completely devastated by the turn of events.

Maya spent most of the night and morning in bed with Nina lying next to her, encouraging her to cry out her pain and promising to kick both Jensen and Jasmine’s ass. Maya appreciated Nina’s loyalty and told her that she could stomach this whole sullied mess, if Jensen had confessed his love for her younger sister; or if her sister had done the same.

But to know that Jensen’s infidelity was simply in response to Jasmine’s availability and willingness made her insides cringe. What hurt her more was the realization that Jasmine probably did this to snuff out Maya’s new found happiness. Maya knew her sister well enough to recognize the signs of her sister’s manipulative ways, she did this on purpose.

She knew that Jasmine could be selfish and uncaring but this, this was just cruel. Not that she was excusing Jensen for his part in the betrayal, because that was a whole other animal. But as sisters, she was taught that they shared an unyielding bond that nothing could break. Maya laughed at that thought now, recalling all the times that Jasmine had either said or done something that hurt her, but she simply brushed it off.  But today was a new day and this, was certainly not an easily forgivable offence.

Her thoughts were interrupted, when she heard keys jangling in the lock as Jasmine breezed through the door.

“What’s all this?” Jasmine asked pointing to the boxes and suitcases at the door.

“Your shit.” Maya replied icily.

“So he told you?” Jasmine mumbled, slipping her sunglasses off of her face.

Ignoring her question, Maya continued, “You still owe me rent for this month and I think that it’s best that you take your stuff and get out.”

“Are you serious?” Jasmine screeched, looking at her sister.

“No bitch, I’m joking.” Maya glared. Jasmine was too shock at her sister’s response to say anything. “Get your shit and get out.”

“Maya…listen, what Jensen and I did was wrong but…”

“Wrong?” Maya laughed, “Wrong is leaving one cookie in the bag after you’ve eaten the rest; wrong is borrowing my clothes without asking. You sleeping with my fiancé is…how could you do that to me? How could you hurt me like that and on purpose?”

“It wasn’t like that.”

“No? Then tell me how it was; tell me how you fooled him into thinking that you were someone else, tell me how you asked Xavier to introduce you to the lucky bachelor, tell me about your green eye contacts, tell me about your Mardi Gras mask… tell me about it all, because I am dying to hear all about it, sister.”

“I see, so he’s already painted me as the bad guy here; so this is my fault?” Jasmine asked as her tears began falling. “You’re going to take his word over your own sister?”

Maya would have been moved if she didn’t know that those tears weren’t of regret but because she had been caught. The water works were on full blast. Maya at least expected that, the same old manipulative Jasmine.

“Sister!!” Maya yelled.

“You are no sister of mine, slut. My sister wouldn’t go out of her way to hurt me like this.  My sister, who I have been taking care of for as long as I can remember, wouldn’t purposely cause this ache in my heart and she certainly wouldn’t sleep with my future husband. As far as I’m concerned we’re done here.” Maya gritted out, motioning between them.

“You don’t mean that.” Jasmine cried as her eyes darted from her sister to the pile of her belongings.

“The hell I don’t.” getting off the sofa Maya, blocked Jasmine’s attempt to move further into the room. “Everything you own is right there,” pointing to the stacked boxes and suitcases. Maya crossed her arms and watched the stunned expression cross Jasmine’s face.

“Maya, please. I’m sorry…”

“Yeah well, I’m sorry too…”

“I have nowhere to go.”

“Not my issue,” Maya shrugged, “Why don’t you go back to where you slept last night. Or better yet, why don’t you do what you do best, go spread your legs like you always do and hope that the poor sucker is interested long enough to let you stay the night.”

“Fuck you, you think you’re better than me?”

“All day long, whore.”

“Does calling me that make you feel better?”

“No. But kicking you out of my house and my life sure will.” 

Maya looked at her sister and for the first time she could remember, she was looking into the face of that scared little girl who would climb into her bed and ask her if she thought their mother was ever coming back for them.

“Despite what you think, yes, I do think I am better than you. But not for the reasons you’re thinking. I think that we are both better than the life we’ve been dealt. I know you can do better Jazz. I push you because I only want what is best for you, for us. You are smart and talented but you never once believed that. And I guess we can thank our parents for that. I know you think that we are doomed to repeat her sins, but we don’t have to. I don’t plan on it, but the way you are going, you are bound to far exceed the tragedy that was her life.”

Maya looked to her sister when she heard a soft squeak and was surprised that she was actually crying harder at her words.

 “The biggest difference between you and our mother, despite all of her flaws, was that she believed in her family. Nadine always said that we were the only things that she did right in her life and that we should take care of each other. She loved us enough to know, that she couldn’t keep us, living the way she was. She knew her limits. She maybe guilty off all those things you’ve accused her of, but she would have never done anything this hurtful to someone she loved.”

“Please Maya, I’m sorry…” a teary eyed Jasmine pleaded.

“You’ve crossed the line so far on this one that there is no turning back for us.”

Maya moved to face her sibling directly, “No matter what you say Jazz, I’ve known you long enough to know that you did this intentionally. Not because you were drunk, or high, or you wanted to test Jensen’s fidelity. You did this to prove to me that my life can and should be just as miserable as yours. And now, now Jensen and I are left to deal with the consequences of this recklessness. While you’ll just shrug it off and wonder what the big deal is. The big deal is, this time I am not shrugging it off as Jasmine being Jasmine. Not this time. You are a heartless conniving bitch and I am done with you.”

Hearing her sister’s little speech lit a fire in Jasmine’s soul. She couldn’t believe Maya was about to turn her back on her own sister over some dick.  “So that’s it. You’re so hooked on him, that you’re ‘gonna’ pick him over me.”

“Didn’t you hear a world I just said?” Maya yelled in frustration. “This has nothing to do with him; this is between you and me.”

“This has everything to do with him.” Jasmine yelled right back.

“Poor little Maya, bad Jasmine has hurt her feelings again.” Jasmine mocked and then pinned her sister with a look so venomous, Maya thought she would melt on the spot.

“No matter how hard you tried to be this perfect little person to impress him and his family, it didn’t work. Not going to college, not the clothes, not going to all of those charity events with his mother, nothing. In the end he proved to be just like any other guy, all he wanted was a warm place to shove his dick.” Jasmine taunted. “You’re just mad that all it took was one blow job from me, to blow you out of the water. You should be thanking me, I did you a favor. He was a piece of shit and you were too blind to see it.”

Maya ignored Jasmine as best as she could, though she was crying inside at her words. She had been waiting for the real Jasmine to emerge and here she was. The spiteful vindictive bitch that took perverse delight in tormenting her sister, was putting on a show for all to see, no surprises there.

“You think you struck gold with Jensen Perdue? Huh. Bad Jasmine ruined it for you? Did he tell you how he couldn’t get enough of me after we fucked in Atlanta? Huh? Did he tell you that we fucked for three hours straight while you were at school taking your finals? How long after you two got married do you think he would have waited to start cheating on a cold frigid bitch like you.”

Maya knew that Jasmine was baiting her by saying those spiteful things, so she just stood there holding the door knob as if the breeze was whistling in her ear; though she cringed inwardly at her sister’s insults. But Jasmine was not deterred, in fact Maya’s silence only added to her furor.

“Me being a cold frigid bitch pales in comparison to your dirty whoring ways.”

Placing one foot out the door, Jasmine stopped in her tracks to face Maya; her upper lip curled into a sneer at hearing her sister’s words. She moved to stand toe to toe with Maya.

“You think you’re better than me, because I sell my body and you don’t? You think that I’m some cheap slut, just because I fucked your man? Well I got news for you dear sister, your man was fucking me right back. Don’t get it twisted sis, any dog that has a good bitch at home, never has time to feed his bone to anyone else.”

Surprising both of them, Maya slapped her sister across the face, before she could fully complete her sentence. Jasmine reached for her stinging face and could only stare at her sister in disbelief. This time she did cry genuine tears.

“Get. Out. Now.” Maya warned, the blood was boiling and the rage she had been swallowing threatened to burst out at any moment.

Jasmine didn’t move, much to her sister’s annoyance. Maya pushed past her and started shoving Jasmine’s boxes onto the porch. “Get out!!!”

“Please Maya, I’m sorry...” Jasmine begged, as box after box landed onto the porch. “I wasn’t thinking. It was just supposed to be a joke, I didn’t think...”

Maya couldn’t believe what she’d just heard.

 “You think that this is funny, ruining people’s lives is a joke to you?” Still holding the front door open, Maya refused to look at her sister. “Leave now.”

Stepping on to the porch, Jasmine knew everything that Maya said was the truth but hearing it and losing her sister now, hurt her more than the slap did.

“Maya, please…we’re all we have...” Jasmine pleaded, searching her sister’s eyes for her usual compassion and was shocked to see that she held none this time; there was nothing there except coldness.

“Funny…Did you think about that at least once while you were fucking Jensen?”

Jasmine had the good sense to look at the ground and not respond.

“That’s what I thought; you still owe me rent. Leave it mail box before Friday.”

With that Maya slammed the front door on her sister and sank down onto the hardwood floors with her head in her hand and cried.

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

Tell me what you think. Forgive errors etc. Working not next chapters too. THX!