Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

AM/BW




Author's Chapter Notes:

I remember when I wrote this, it was as practice for writing in second person (and The Rain Song by Led Zeppelin was on repeat). 

Disclaimer: I don't claim anything apart from what I actually own. These characters are mine, and don't resemble any living, dead or fictional people. 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

It has been overcast recently. You slip into your sneakers and consider taking an umbrella but decide against it; you’re only going next door. You let your grandmother know that you’re heading out and she responds in Korean. Your grandmother understands English perfectly and refuses to speak it. It never made much sense to you as she chose to live in America for 19 years, just before you were born. Locking the door behind yourself, you head to the house next door, to Kyra.

Kyra, the girl you’ve lived next to for 12 years, been best friends with for 10. The girl who has been the source of your sexual frustration for 6 years, the girl you have loved for 5-perhaps longer. With her warm eyes, sharp wit and smooth chestnut skin, she found her way into your heart.

The door opens before you can knock. You attempt to conceal your surprise, you didn’t tell her you were coming. “I saw you walking up the drive.” She leaves the door open and heads up the stairs, leaving you to shut and lock the door before following her up to her room.

Tracy Chapman is playing softly from the stereo. Judging by the song that is playing, Kyra must have been listening to her brooding tape. You aren’t sure if it’s an indicator as to how appropriate or inappropriate the timing is for what you have to say. She flops down onto her bed, staring at the ceiling. You follow suit.

The two of you have been lying on her bed in comfortable silence. You close your eyes, and try to prevent your thoughts from drifting to the girl lying next to you.

You are unaware of exactly how much time has passed, but you’re pretty sure at least 4 songs have played. You noticed that at some point it had started to rain, and the rhythmic drumming of the droplets has started to meld with the music. You’re getting closer to sleep, when at last, Kyra breaks the silence.

“Alex asked me out yesterday,” You stiffen. “I told him no.” She adds, before you have the chance to ask. “I didn’t even think about it, I just said ‘no’, outright. Jae, I…” she trailed off. You turn your head towards her, at the sound of your name. She looks sad and lonely, as sad and lonely as you feel. You have a feeling the reason for her sadness is the same as yours.

The silence between the two of you deepens, and you notice that her favourite song by Led Zeppelin is playing. You take a deep breath, lick your lips and hope what you are about to do is the right thing.

Softly, tentatively, your lips touch hers. You taste her chap stick, strawberry flavour. You sense her surprise. Encouraged, you continue, gently pushing your tongue between her lips.

Her reaction to your kiss isn’t what you expect it to be, you half anticipated her irritation. Instead, you felt her smile against your lips as she kissed you back.

 






Chapter End Notes:

I found this on my hard drive, I wrote it a year a go and I am still unsure how I feel about it. That being said, it would be lovely if you told me how you feel about it. ^^