Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

There is a segment in this chapter, where in which Tara speaks a little Swedish. Unfortunately, i forgot some of the accents on the letters, so please excuse my ignorance.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


    Tara, in her panic, was turning in and out of being invisible. It would cause much confusion on the dark streets in a poorly lit neighborhood. So much so, that the person that hit Tara with their car, didn’t see her(when she was invisible), then by the time they struck her and got out of the car, the driver had discovered that he had indeed hit a young woman.

    Tara would recover physically from her injuries. The doctors at St. Mercy’s noted that the young woman had nary a scratch on her.  But...well...

    Tara awoke thinking she was someone different entirely.

    Eric had ordered Debbie and Coot to take Alcide back to Russell’s to have him locked up. He had closed in on Tara once she had been hit by the car. He found her at the hospital and learned some disturbing news. News that would set him, Russell and Bill back, in terms of getting those rings.

    “My name is Eric Northman. My wife is here. She was hit by a car.”

    “Is she black?” the nurse asked.

    “She is.”

    “Well her I.D. says her name is Tara Thornton.”

    “It is.”

    “And she doesn’t have your same last name?”

    “No.”

    “Look, vamp, you’d better provide some proof that you’re married to that gal.”

    Eric rolled his eyes and began to glamour the nurse.

    “You believe that Tara is my fiancee and have been shown proof of this. You will now take me to her.”

    The nurse blinked--hard.

    “I’ll take you to your fiancee now, Mr. Northman.”

    “Thank you kindly.”

    When the nurse took her to where Tara was, a doctor stepped in.

    “Mr....”

    “Northman. Tara is my fiancee.”

    “Uh, yes.” he said, leading Eric away from Tara, who was sitting up and reading Glamour magazine. “There is a problem.”

    Eric looked over at Tara, then at the doctor.

    “I don’t see one. She looks fine.”

    “Physically, she is. But when she awoke, she told us her name was ‘Blair Waldorf’. And she gave us much attitude. Snotty attitude.”

    Eric stared at the doctor.

    “Who?”

    “I have no idea who this person is, myself. Her I.D. said her name was...”

    “Tara Thornton. And it is.” Eric said, pulling out his cellphone. “I will call some of her friends and see if I can find out what is going on.”

    Eric moved to a quiet hallway and called Sookie. Sookie answered after three rings.

    “What do you want?”

    “I need your help with regards to Tara.”

    “What do you mean?”

    “I mean that I know you probably tried to help her and Herveaux get away from me. Well that failed. Tara was hit by a car and apparently has lost her memory in some way. She thinks she’s someone named ‘Blair Waldorf’? Is this someone you both know?”

    “Holy shit!’ Sookie whispered.

    “So you do know her?”

    “Hell no, I don’t know her, Eric! She’s a tv character! ‘Gossip Girl’ is Tara’s favorite TV show. Hell, you’re so all fired to have a kid with her and you don’t even know that much about her? Sam knows that and...”

    Eric hung up. If Sookie Stackhouse wasn’t part fairy and if she didn’t belong to that no count Bill Compton, he doubted the woman would hold his interest. He then called Pam.

    “What do you know of a television show called ‘Gossip Girl’?”

    “It’s my favorite! I have the DVD sets.”

    Eric felt like groaning!

    “Who is Blair Waldorf?”

    “My favorite character!”

    That did not bode well, Eric thought.

    “What is she like?”

    “Why are you asking?”

    “Come over to St. Mercy’s hospital in Bon Temps. I’ll fill you in when you arrive.”

                                                             ****

    Pam could not stop laughing--hysterically. Eric patiently waited for her fit to cease before speaking.

    “You know, Tara being in her right mind benefits you as well. You would have a ring. One that would enable you to walk around in the sunlight.”

    “Yes, and that’s nice, pussycat. Truly. But it sounds as if you’re going to have to go along with this woman’s fantasy that she is this character. Now let me suggest some things: one, you are going to have to present yourself as royalty. A prince of sorts. And her wardrobe will probably need a reboot. Have you actually talked to her?”

    “No. Not as of yet. I wanted some background first.”

    Pam then gave him a funny look.

    “What is it?”

    “I can hear Sookie and the shifter. They are out in the parking lot. We don’t have much time.”

    Eric and Pam then walked to the area Tara was in. She glanced up from her magazine.

    “Yes?” she asked in a snotty tone. Eric raised a brow. Where was her southern accent?

    “Dear, you don’t remember your own fiancee? I am Prince Eric Northman from Sweden.”

    Tara smiled at him and said ‘hej’.

    Eric blinked. Had she just said hello to him in Swedish?

    He then asked her how she was--Hur mar du?

    Tara answered--Jag mar bra, tack.

    Eric looked at Pam, who looked just as puzzled. Tara spoke in English again. Snide sounding English.

    “Alright, so now that the Swedish lesson is over, tell me how I ended up in such a low brow hospital? And why don’t I remember you? Not that I doubt that I’m engaged to a prince, but still...and who is this?”

    “I’m your maid, Dorota.” Pam answered blithely. Eric glanced over at her with surprise.

    “Oh. You I do remember. Could you call Serena and let her know that I will not be able to make our shopping excursion?”

    Pam hesitated.

    “NOW DOROTA! I don’t pay you to stand around! GO!” Tara snapped.

    “Ta...Blair, Dorota is moving as fast as she can...” Eric began. Tara suddenly looked incensed!

    “Does it look like she is?! And darling, I do not need pointers on how to treat MY servants.”

    Eric took a deep breath, then looked at Pam.

    “I guess you’d better call ‘Serena’ and tell her that Blair will not be able to join her.”

    Pam snarled at Tara, then walked off. Tara sat straight up, then glared at Eric!

    “Eric! Why do you spoil her so? I can’t get her to do anything when you’re around!”

    “So you do remember something of our life together?” Eric asked carefully.

    “Well some if it is coming back to me! Now why are we in this neighborhood? More pointedly, why are we in the South?”

    Eric sat down on the edge of her bed and moved some hair away from her face.

    “We had decided to come here to get married. My father, who is King, disapproves of the match--because you are a commoner. I wanted to marry in secret and then announce ourselves to him.”

    Just as Tara was about to answer, Sookie and Sam appeared. Tara looked at them blankly, then turned her gaze to Eric.

    “Are they your servants?”

    Sam’s mouth dropped open and Sookie pulled him back a bit.

    “I told you that Blair Waldorf is kind of a stuck up bitch, not worthy of love or compassion.”

    “I’ve seen Tara watching the show, Sookie! I just never paid any attention. Blair is that brunette girl, right?”

    “Well, there’s a couple, but yeah. Blair Waldorf is the daughter of clothing designer Eleanor Waldorf.”

    “So Tara is going to be expecting to see her mother, right?”

    “Let’s hope not. It depends on how Eric has handled things.” Sookie said sourly. Sam didn’t like that comment at all. And where the hell was Alcide?

    Sookie and Sam approached Eric and ‘Blair’.

    “So...uh Blair, are you feeling okay?” Sookie asked. Tara gave her a look of death.

    “I’m feeling just fine!” Tara snapped rudely, imitating Sookie’s southern accent, then looked at Eric. “Where did you find such trash?”

    Sam pulled Sookie away from the duo!

    “I’m not about to put up with any lip from her, even if she does think she’s someone on TV. Now I’m not about to fool with her.  And I can see Eric thinks he’s going to just let her think she’s someone off of TV.” Sam told her.

    “He can’t afford to do that, Sam! I mean they need her to work on that spell. Let’s get over there and keep Eric from making things worse.” Sookie said, just as Eric was helping Tara down from the bed.

    “We’re leaving,” Eric said coolly, “we have to get to a night chapel.”

    “Hell no!” Sam snapped. “Tara, you’re not this Blair person and Eric here is a vampire. Now you’re comin’ with me.” he said reaching for her arm.  Tara moved so that she was behind Eric. Eric grinned at Sam and Sookie!

    “I’d hate to have to call security, glamour them into thinking you’re a true criminal and get you thrown out of here, shifter. My fiancee and I are leaving--now.”

    Tara frowned. What had Eric called this unkempt looking man? A shifter? And something about glamour?

    Sookie sighed and whispered to Sam.
   
    “Let them go. We’ll find Alcide and figure out what to do later. No harm will come to Tara since they need her.”

    Eric heard that but did not comment. He took Tara by the hand and walked over to the doctor that had seen to her. He didn’t want to release her, with her amnesia and all, but once Eric glamoured him, he signed Tara’s release papers, which Eric took into his possession and allowed them to walk out of the hospital.

    Sam was almost beside himself! This could not be happening! He looked at Sookie.

    “I am not letting Tara live with Northman alone. You know he’s going to be fucking her every chance he gets!”

    “What are you going to do?”

    “I think ‘Blair Waldorf’ could use a pet. Maybe a dog.” Sam said knowingly.

                                                         ****

    Tara did not like the ‘night chapel’! Was it really necessary to exchange vows in such a Las Vegas looking place?

    She asked Eric this but he did not answer. And the preacher did not address Eric by his title. Then again, maybe he didn’t know. Just from the looks of him, she’d guess that was a distinct possibility.

    Eric drove them back to a little palace that relaxed her a little. For the briefest moment, when she had exchanged vows, she had had the oddest feeling. As if this wasn’t her life as it should be. Why would she feel that way?

    She needed to talk to Serena. Or even her mother. Tara looked in her purse for her cellphone, just as Eric had turned off the engine of his sportscar.

    “What are you doing?”

    “I need to call Serena or mother and let them know that I’m married. By the way, you do plan on coming up with a proper ring? I’d hate for my mother to see me without one.”

    “Of course. In the morning. Let’s get settled in, alright?” he asked, getting out of the car, then walking around and pulling her door open. Tara reluctantly got out, feeling all the more ill at ease. Why? She was Blair Waldorf and she was about to marry her Swedish Prince.

    It was when she met Eric’s ‘father’, Russell, that she hid her panic! What the hell kind of Swedish accent did he have?  And some drag queen looking guy called her a hooker! What was this???

    Tara didn’t even want to know! She turned to head back towards the front door, wherever that was! Eric sighed, glaring at LaFayette, before catching up with Tara without using vampire speed.

    “Blair! Blair!” he said forcefully, grabbing Tara’s arm. LaFayette looked at Russell. Russell looked at Lafayette.

    “What did he call her?” Russell asked.

    “I think ‘Blair’. Who the hell is that?”

    “Blair,” Eric whispered, “go upstairs to the first room on the right. That’s ours.”

    “Why does your father sound like he was in ‘Deliverance’? And who is that other weirdo?”

    “I will explain when I come to you. Please, just do as I ask, alright?”

    Tara sighed. It wasn’t as if she had any other place to go. She nodded and headed towards the staircase, glowering at LaFayette. When she disappeared upstairs, Eric spoke.

    “She was hit by a car and lost her memory. She thinks she’s some character on a show called ‘Gossip Girl’.”

    Russell and LaFayette were speechless!

    “Who?” Russell finally asked.

    “Tara thinks her name is...” Eric began, but Russell suddenly grabbed his throat and slammed him against a wall!

    “Do I look like I give a fuck?! Do I? You have until tomorrow night to get me a ring or else! Are we clear?” Russell half snarled. LaFayette backed back a bit, clearly upset. But Eric kept his cool.

    “Of course, your majesty. I thought you were concerned with Tara’s other abilities? Her fertile ones?”

    Russell released his throat.

    “Not before my ring I’m not. I think I’ll check on Mr. Herveaux.” Russell replied, walking off. LaFayette shook his head.

    “You can’t fuck my cousin while she’s not in her right mind!”

    “When else would I be able to do it? She hates me when she’s in her ‘right’ mind.” Eric said dismissively then headed up the stairs. LaFayette knew he had to do something.  He waited until Eric cleared the stairs, then walked out to the pool house, where a witch’s spell book, that he had been practicing from, lay on a chaise. He was going to come up with a spell to get Tara the hell out of this!

                                                      ****

    Eric opened the door to the room he planned to share with Tara and found her nowhere around.

    But he did find a paperweight frozen in mid-air. That could only mean one thing...

    He swung around suddenly but found himself frozen! Tara, who had been invisible, was pleased by three things:

    One- her FABULOUS acting ability at the hospital! Her and Sookie had learned a little Swedish after watching an episode of ‘Gossip Girl’, where Blair Waldorf spoke it briefly. Then they got bored with it and quit learning.

    Two- The fact that she knew how to turn completely invisible without taking off all of her clothes.

    Three- That this kick ass power of hers, that didn’t always work when she needed it, worked now!

    Tara hurried around Eric, knowing the freeze wouldn’t work forever, and ran out into the hall, down the stairs and towards the practice room that she and Eric worked in. Tara knew that confinement cells were down there as well, and she was sure Alcide was down there someplace.

    But when she got to the elevator that lead to where she wanted to go, Eric zipped in quickly and firmly closed and locked the elevator doors! Tara was about to freeze him again when he began to talk.

    He had decided to glamour her, since time was running out. Russell was impatient with all of them. Eric hated, personally, the idea of having to use this trick, since most women usually liked him.

    “Tara,” he began in a soft voice, “I want you to take off all of your clothes. I’m going to take off all of mine, then you are going to make love to me as if you have always wanted me--more than you ever have Sam Merlotte or Alcide Herveaux. Once it is over, we will put our clothes back on and you will believe that I am still frozen.”

    Tara just looked as if she were in a trance for a moment, before she began removing her clothing. Eric did as well, surprised at how eager he was to find out how being with Tara in this elevator, would compare to being with her in her dreams. He ended up undressing first and struggled to keep his patience as Tara seemed to take more time with her own clothing. He held his hard on clenched within his fist, as he waited for her.

    When Tara dropped her last piece of clothing onto the elevator floor, she walked up to him, cupped his face within her hands and kissed him softly at first. But soon, one kiss blended into another, and Eric wrapped his arms around her and pulled her down to he floor with him. He sank to his knees and Tara slowly slid her body down onto his cock, her knees now tracing his on the elevator floor.

    Eric’s lips sought hers again briefly, before Tara arched her back and pinned her hands on his shoulders, seating herself comfortable upon his member before beginning a love rhythm of small, circular motions that soon increased with speed.

    Meanwhile, Russell had finished bragging to Alcide in his cell, that they would soon have a proper demon child AND the rings. He hit the elevator button and soon realized the doors were locked. He could hear something--the sounds of fierce, hot rutting! Goddamn! Was that Mr. Northman and the witch? Already? And Northman was saying something guttural in swedish!

    He suddenly wanted to join them, sick vampire fuck that he was. Russell licked his fingers. He could actually HEAR Northman’s balls emptying themselves into the witch. He closed his eyes. Damnit to hell! It was at times like this that he missed Jesus...WHERE was LaFayette anyway? His men were out looking for Ruby Jean, but during this small window of time, he thought it would be prudent to introduce his step-son to what Jesus was now missing--the poor dead bastard.

    Eric pressed his face against Tara’s one last time, as he squeezed her body. If Tara only knew how much he adored being with her in those dreams, and how he dreaded the fact that she would not remember this encounter. He stayed inside of her, almost clutching her to him, just to enjoy the feel of being inside of her for an extra 30 seconds, before struggling to disengage himself from her.

    Tara stood up and began putting on her clothes. Eric hurriedly put on his, then positioned himself as if he was frozen. Tara blinked hard, then waved a hand in front of his face.

    “Thank the damned Lord! Now let me get out of here!” Tara muttered, feeling suddenly light headed and...hot and sticky. It was the elevator. Not a lot of air circulated in here, she guessed. Yeah, that was it.

    She managed to unlock the elevator doors and open them. Russell had hightailed it to other parts, so when the doors did open, Tara saw no one. She hurried to the cells and found Alcide!

    “Alcide, I’m going to say a spell that will get you out of there!”

    Alcide rushed to the bars.

    “You alright? They didn’t hurt you?”

    “Naw! I faked amnesia and froze Eric when he tried to put the moves on me. We’re good.”

    Alcide frowned slightly.

    “I can smell him on you.”

    “Yeah, well we were locked in an elevator together! While I was trying to figure out how to get the doors open, I had to keep re-freezing him.” Tara said. Yeah, that was what happened.

    Alcide seemed to buy that. He nodded, as if that made sense, but also looked around.

    “Where is Russell now?”

    Tara shrugged as she stood back and muttered a phrase in latin. The bars bent and opened wide! Alcide stepped out, picked her up in a bear hug and swung her around!

    “You did it! But I can’t help thinking this was a trap!”

    “I have kick ass powers! We can get through any trap they set up! Let’s get out of here!” Tara yelled and the two of them ran for the elevator.

    Eric was gone.

    “I’m surprised he didn’t find us.” Tara said, looking around. Alcide walked over to a gray, steel, emergency door.

    “Forget it! Let’s just haul ass! We can survive this night and get married in the morning.” he said, pulling her to him for a quick kiss, before pulling Tara out of the door and into the night. In the back of her mind, she thought she should’ve grabbed LaFayette as well, but maybe she could get to him later.

     Eric walked into a den and poured himself a drink, just as Russell joined him.

    “My step-son isn’t impressed with the size of my cock--yet. Oh well. He will be soon enough.”

    Eric turned to look at Russell.

    “It is done.”

    “So I  heard. And in the elevator, no less. How long until we know?”

    “I don’t know,” Eric admitted, “hopefully not as long as it would take a woman to find out she had been impregnated by a human man.”

    Suddenly, the door to the den opened and Ruby Jean entered, throwing her suitcase down to the floor. She glared at Eric.

    “I’m back. From what I just saw in my vision, Tara is going to need me.” she said. She then glared at Russell.

    “Stay the hell away from my son!” she snapped, before turning and skulking off. Eric grinned! He now had all the proof he needed, that Tara was already carrying his child.