Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Landan and Mizani get to know each other.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 2

Talk about awkward moments I sat there waiting for this total stranger to take his seat across from. me He slid into his seat and flashed me a million dollar smile and then he spoke. “ Hi Landan Jacobs,” he extended a hand towards me. I took it,” my name is Mizani and thanks for the save..” Do you make it a point to save damsel in distress at 1;30 am ?,” I asked raising my cup to take a sip of my tea. He sat back in his seat and laughed the ice was definitely broken. His response was only beautiful ones that are Mets fans. He was referring to her baseball cap. She laughed taking another sip of her tea Landan took a sip of his coffee.

The conversation began to flow. “ If you don’t mind me asking what brings you out in the middle of the night or earlier morning?,” Landan asked. He saw her smile fade. Mizani thought about his question. He wasn’t sure if she would answer seeing how they didn’t know each other but he sensed she wanted to share, He was good at reading people which was important in his profession. Mizani wasn’t sure why but she find herself opening up to Landan. He made her comfortable for some reason.

Landan listen attentively finding Mizani quite fascinating.” I been with my boyfriend almost three years. It seems all we do lately is fight about dumb things.” He is a lawyer trying to make partner which means he is always working.” If we do spending anytime together its usually at a business function. I own my own Interior Design business.” She explained that is how they met when she was doing a job for his firm. Mizani made it a point to mention they didn’t start dating until months after the project was complete. “ I don’t believe in mixing business with pleasure.” She took a moment to sip her tea and take a bite of her muffin. After chewing she said enough about me , “What’s your story?,” she asked.

He took a sip of his coffee before answering with a smart remark,” I was waiting to save you,” Landan told her with a big smirk on his face. “ So somebody has jokes,” Mizani commented back with a smirk of her own. Landan stretched then leaned forward to get comfortable. “ I could not sleep and this place is 24 hours and no one knows me here,” he sat back in his chair studying her. Mizani found his last statement of no one knowing him interesting. She took a moment to study his appearance. He was dressed casual but he looked well groomed and smelled incredible. He had on a Rolex but his shirt sleeve had hidden it. Mizani began to wonder what he did for a living. He interrupted her thoughts. “ I travel a lot for business,” he didn’t share anything else.

Landan like Mizani but he had to be cautious about disclosing to much information about himself. He shared he had not been in a relationship in over a year. He explained his last relationship ended badly and he didn’t want to be involved with anyone anytime soon. Mizani shook her head understanding where he was coming from because she didn’t know how her current relationship was going to turn out. Mizani took a look at the clock on the wall realizing she had been sitting talking to Landan for hour and a half. She wondered if Maddox knew she was missing. Landan notice her looking at the time. “ I can’t believe we been sitting here for an hour and half. “ I have to get going,” she stood up to leave. Landan got up to help with her jacket.

“ Well my mother raised a gentleman and I m going to escort you home. I don’t care how close your apartment”, he told her. Mizani noticed the look he sent her know he wouldn’t take no for an answer. “You promise you aren’t a stalker,” she said jokingly. Landan placed his hand at the small of her back as they left the café. It truly was a short walk around the corner. “ Well thanks for listening Landan and hopefully I’ll see you at the café.”Mizani turned and went inside. Landan turned to walk back to his car. A few more pictures were taken and then the individual drove off,

Landan sat in his car thinking of Mizani they hadn’t exchanged numbers. But he did know where she lived and the name of her business Designs by Mizani. Their paths would cross again he just didn’t know how soon.






Chapter End Notes:

Here is chapter two excuse any errors I hope you enjoy.