Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

We get some Maddox in this chapter and Mizani and Landan think about their meeting




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 3

Mizani entered the apartment quietly hoping Maddox was still sleeping soundly. She put her jacket away and went to the bathroom to get ready for bed. When she entered their bedroom he was sleeping. She went to her side of the bed and pulled the covers back slipping in hoping she didn’t disturb him, She scooted to the edge not waiting to be close to him. Her thoughts were still on the conversation and time she had spent with Landan. It was nice to have someone listen and make her laugh. She missed that about her and Maddox. Mizani yawned and finally gave into the sleep knowing tomorrow was a new day.

Maddox felt the shift in the bed from the weight of Mizani getting into the bed. He pretended to be sleep. He knew she had left the apartment and was gone for awhile. He remained still hoping she might snuggle against him. But she did the exact opposite and moved away from him. He knew there was tension between them. He planned on taking her away for the weekend figuring they could address their issues. Maddox remained awake waiting for Mizani to fall asleep. Once he knew she was a sleep he moved over to her side of the bed to snuggle up against her. He snuggled his head into her neck loving her scent of jasmine. He then whispered into her ear,” I love you.”. He hoped she heard him before drifting back to sleep.

Landan drove checking his rearview mirror at times making sure he wasn’t being followed. His job caused him to be paranoid at times. He finally reached his destination . When he entered he felt the coldness of the room. He looked back to see the elevator doors shut behind him. This was part of the job he hated coming home to an empty place. It was furnished by none it reflected his taste in furniture. But then again this was temporary. He went into the kitchen to grab a water before heading to the bedroom.

Landan sat on the bed.. He removed his watch placing it on the night stand. He then went into the bathroom and decided he would take a shower. He stood under the shower letting the water beat down on him. He remembered feeling defeated earlier until his encounter with Mizani. He felt himself getting aroused as he thought about her. He had gone to the Café to escape for a few hours. But fate had other plans and he spent the rest of the night focused on her problems which gave him a break from his. Landan turned on the cold water. He needed to get his focus back he had a job to do and didn’t need any distractions.

The next morning Maddox woke up earlier to surprise Mizani. He made her breakfast and wanted to let her know about him taking her away for the weekend. He had checked with her assistant to make sure she would be available. Mizani woke up to the smell of coffee and was that bacon she smelled. She looked over at the clock and it was 6:30 am and Maddox was usually gone. “ Good morning love,” Maddox entered carry a tray heading over to her side of the bed. Mizani closed her eyes and opened them again to make sure she wasn’t hallucinating.

He set the tray down to take her hands in his. “ Listen I know things haven’t been great between us for a few months and I think its because I haven’t paid any attention to you and I have been making being partner a focus.” So with that said I m taking you away for the weekend. I want us to talk and focus on us.” he told her place a kiss on her forehead then her lips. Mizani was in shock. The thought in her head was “ What aliens have taken my boyfriend.” She felt guilty because maybe she had been a little to hard on him. She notice him look at the clock. “Baby I have to go but I hope you like the idea of going away,” Maddox left for the office. Mizani ate the breakfast and then got ready for work. Things seemed to be heading in a new directions.

Landan didn’t sleep well because his dreams were consumed by a certain woman he just met. He had done well these past months because no one had caught his attention like Mizani. He kept telling himself it was a chance encounter and she wasn’t even available. He was brought out his thoughts by his phone ringing. He went into the temporary office to take the call. He was on the call for hour and would need to leave in the next hour. The private jet was fueled and waiting his arrival. He grabbed a brief case and other necessary items and left.

The individuals keeping tabs on Landan never saw him leave because he had left out of a secret exit. After sitting outside for several hours they left. The associate following him last night assured his boss Landan was last seen at this location. The individual left to follow up with employer. “ Damn how could you have lost him.?,” his boss asked. I never took my eye off the entrance and no one left out of the back either .Both entrances where being watched. The boss turned looking out of the window. “ Follow the young woman he was with last night. You better not screw that up,” failure wasn’t an option.






Chapter End Notes:

I hope you like the update. Things are going to get real interesting. I dd my best to look for edits and errors. I use the microsoft words and it seems to help. Thanks for stick with me.