Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hey chamber family love all the reviews. You are about to meet two of Mizani girls from college. Skylar and Kayla they are all best friends.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.




Mizani shut off the lights and locked the door to her office. She was headed downtown to meet her girls Kayla and Skylar for happy hour. It was a Friday night in New York city and she felt free. It was the ding of the elevator that brought her out of deep thought. “ I m going to party like a rock star.” she thought to herself smiling.

Skylar and Kayla found a seat at the bar and order drinks.” I m so excited that Mizani is coming out with us tonight,” Skylar shared. “ I know we haven’t been out on a Friday night together for sometime,” Kayla remarked. “ Well every since she started dating Maddox she become a home body,” Skylar responded. Kayla shook her head in agreement. The bartender finally made his way over to them. “ Welcome to Rocco’s and what are you lovely ladies drinking this evening.?” he asked. They both laughed. “ Someone is working hard for his tips,” Skylar joked. “ Two apple martini’s ,” Wait make that three,” they heard a familiar voice behind them it was Mizani. They hugged while waiting for their drinks to arrive.

When their drinks arrived Kayla paid the bartender. She gave him a nice tip and a card with her number on it. While walking away she made the call me sign with her hand.” Girl you are still crazy as I remember”, Mizani told her friend. “ Tell me he wasn’t fine,” she responded back. It didn’t take them long to catch up. They order another round of martinis and kept reminiscing about their days in college. “ Now Mizani you need to share what’s been going on with you and Maddox?,” Skylar inquired. She took a moment to gather her thoughts. “ Ok listen tonight is about us reconnecting and I don’t want to dwell on my relationship issues.” Everyone raise your glass and repeat after me.” We are going to party like rock stars,” they all agreed and busted out laughing. The girls ordered one more round of drinks and appetizers before heading to their destination which was a new dance club called Omni.

The club was packed especially because it was Friday night, however. Skylar was a VIP because she is an executive for a top public relations firm in New York. They entered through the private entrance. The music was pumping and you could look down from the VIP lounge and see all the bodies grinding on the dance floor. The lounge offered privacy but it was designed with an glass dance floor that extended out over the crowd. Mizani looked around admiring the designers choices. Who ever designed this place had skills she thought. Kayla snapped her fingers in front of Mizani to bring her back. Let’s go girl their playing our song.” All you single ladies,” Technically I m not single she told her friend.,” but you are tonight and she was dragged on to the dance floor with her friends.

“ I can’t believe I let you talk me into this man,” you going to pay bro. Mike just laughed at his older brother. “Dude you don’t know how to have fun anymore. “ You are always disappearing and then reappearing.” Mom is always calling wanting to know where you are as if I m your babysitter or something.” You need to call her especially with her annual charity ball coming up.” Mike reminded him. “Damn its been a year already?” Landan remarked. He wasn’t in town 24 hours and his mother was already hunting him down. You need to thank me for saving you tonight,” Mike told him. I told mom about the Omni opening and you would be celebrating my success with me.” Landan was proud of Mike because he was a successful architect and had landed this million dollar project. “Besides how much trouble can we get in if we are in the VIP lounge?.” Mike asked. “ Not just anybody can get in,” they enter the club through the private entrance. Landan followed his brother thinking he would keep a open mind and try to enjoy himself. Mizani and her girls were drinking and dancing. She couldn’t remember the last time she had this much fun.

Landan and Mike found their way to the bar to get a drink. Once they were served they found a table and decided to watch the people around them. The music was loud but you still could have a conversation. Landan told his brother he was impressed with the design and he had done a great job. Mike was excited to get the approval from his older brother. He had idolized him while growing up. While they were talking the owner came over them. “ Hey Mike I m glad you could make it,” Dave told him. Mike introduced him to his brother Landan. ” I was wondering if I could introduce you to somebody.” Landan told him to go ahead he would be fine.

Mizani finally felt the drinks taking its toll on her bladder and told her friends she was going to the restroom. Landan wasn’t paying much attention until he felt the bass and the music get louder. Then he heard a group of ladies yell,” Their playing our sang where’s Mizani?” Landan turned his head towards the group of ladies when he heard the name because it wasn’t a common name. Mizani checked her make up and touched up her lip gloss. She was having a ball and hadn’t thought of Maddox until this moment and it was just that a moment. She left to go join her girls.

Mizani heard Pinks Why so serious and raise your glass and made her way back over to the girls. Landan saw her but she didn’t see him. She looked even more beautiful than when he had last seen her. She wearing a sleeveless zebra print top with a pair of black designer jeans with 3”zebra print heel shoes that matched her top. Her hair was down with ringlets cascading around her face. She took his breath away as she danced twirling and shaking her body not knowing it was in his direction. He was fascinated and continued to watch her dance among her friends.

Kayla was the first to notice they had a audience or should she say Mizani did. “ Hey girl she nudged Mizani it looks like you have a fan.” Girl please she didn’t turn around at first figuring her girl was messing around.” No really this guy over in the lounge is watching you,” Skylar said it too. Mizani decided maybe she would turning around. She didn’t want to be obvious and did a dance move and that’s when her eyes landed on Landan Jakobs. He did what the song said raised his glass and then winked at her.






Chapter End Notes:

The next chapter will pick up in the club and let the fireworks begin. Thanks for all the encouragement.