Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hi chamber family here is another update please enjoy.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.




Mizani couldn’t believe her eyes and blinked twice hoping her eyes were deceiving her. Landan was here in club Omni watching her dance or was he stalking her. “No he didn’t have a clue she would be here tonight. But there he was In the flesh watching her with the biggest grin on his face. Her mind began to race with thought. “ Does she pretend she doesn’t know him” Or does she introduce him to her friends..” While lost in thought she took in his appearance. He looked like he just stepped out of GQ photo shoot. He was wearing a blue shirt which accented his eyes with designer jeans. Landan put his drink down and decided to go have a little fun with Mizani and her friends. “Mizani turned around and continued to dance with her friends.

Mizani’s back was facing him as he approached and her friends made a path for him to enter the lion’s den. “Evening ladies I couldn’t help but notice you were having a good time over here. “I want to buy you gals a round of drinks By the way my name is Landan,”he told them. Everyone introduced themselves and then went to order drinks. Mizani decided to remain dancing. “Ladies go ahead we’ll join you shortly,” he said. Landan turned his attention to Mizani who seemed to be ignoring him.“ Its a nice surprise seeing you here,” he whispered against her ear. Mizani smiled to herself. He remained behind her placing his hands on her hips and then started dancing. “He’s got game for a white guy Mizani s girlfriends joked as they watched them dance. The D.J decided to slow things down. Mizani turned around to face him.” May I have this dance? “she asked smirking. They began swaying to the music.

Skylar and Kayla stood at the bar watching Mizani with Landan who they thought was a stranger. “ Well I’ll be damn I didn’t think she had it in her” Kayla commented watching her friend enjoy herself. “ I know what you mean.” Do you think she even realizes she smiling in the arms of man that’s not her boyfriend.” Skylar said taking a sip of her drink. Two good looking men approached the two of them standing at the bar.“ Now why aren’t you two lovely ladies out there enjoying yourself ? My friend and I having been watching you all night be the life of the party.” Skylar and Kayla looked at each other and then the fine ass men in front of them. They both took a tie in their hand. “ Right this way gentleman.” the two guys looked at each other smiling all the way to the dance floor.

Mizani enjoyed the warmth of Landan body as they danced. She wasn’t sure way she didn’t feel guilty. Landan inhaled her scent of jasmine enjoying it.. Her hair was soft against his skin. She fit comfortably in his arms especially with her heels on. “ I needed this Mizani thought to herself.’ She tried to reason it out in her head was it because she finally had the full attention of someone or was it the need to feel wanted.” She closed her eyes and decided not to dwell on it and snuggled closer to him. Landan wasn’t sure what to make of the situation. He wasn’t trying to put a label on it. They were friends sharing a dance. ”Right?,” he thought to himself. They continued dancing when another slow song came on.

Mike returned to the table to find his brother was no longer there. Hopefully, Landan hadn’t left they were suppose to be celebrating. He went to the bar to get a fresh drink. When he turned back around he scanned the dance floor for his brother. Mike didn’t expect to see his brother dancing. However, there he was dancing with this beautiful woman. He laughed to himself because he remembered how girls were always crushing on his big brother. Mike took his drink and went to mingle again.

The slow music finally stopped. Landan leaned down and whispered something into Mizani ear that made her laugh. She looked up nodding her head yes and followed. Landan lead the way guiding her by the hand. Skylar and Kayla were dancing with their new friends when they saw Mizani leaving with Landan. Mizani stopped and looked back when she heard her name. She told Landan to wait and went to talk to her friends. “ Listen I’m going to step out for a moment.” she told them. Her friends looked at her wondering how she knew him. Mizani assured them it was ok and to have fun and she had her phone on her. I’m not abandoning you guys,” she then headed back over to Landan who was now talking to his brother Mike. “ Mizani this is my brother Mike,” nice to meet you.” No the pleasure is all mine,” he said kissing her hand. Landan gave his brother a death stare and he backed off.

The Omni had a terrace and Landan wanted to talk to Mizani in private. It late in the evening and a bit chilly outside. He took his jacket off laying it across her shoulders.” Thanks for your jacket aren’t you going to be cold she asked. “ Not if you shield me from the wind,” he told her. They stood looking out at the skyline and he wrapped his arms around her to share body heat.. He was the first to speak. “ How are you doing?” I haven’t been able to stop thinking about you since meeting you a few days ago.” he shared. Mizani thought for a moment about what to share. “ Well I thought things were going to change when my boyfriend made me breakfast in bed and told me he was taking me away this weekend.” However, he had to go out of town on business for a few weeks and I m trying to be the supportive girlfriend.” He wants to make partner really bad and they promised him the promotion if his trip is successful.” He says he doing it for our future.” she shared. Mizani pressed her head back into his shoulder.

“ You don’t sound convinced ,” Landan told her. He stopped back to turn her around to face him. He placed his finger under her chin to look her in the eyes. “ What are you afraid of Mizani,?” She didn’t answer at first because she was finally going to voice her biggest fear. “ I don’t think I’m going to ever be enough and he’ll always have an excuse or reason for working or postponing trips like this weekend.” Mizani hadn’t planned on crying but the tears started flowing down her check. Landan hated when woman cried. He placed both hands on the side of her face. He traced the tears with his thumb. “ I didn’t mean to upset you sweetheart.” He brought her close and kissed her forehead trying to comfort her. Mizani wasn’t a crier and besides she was happy five minutes ago. “ Landan continued caressing her checks with his thumbs. Her skin felt soft like silk against his fingers.

“ Please don’t cry he whispered against her cheek.“ Then Landan found himself kissing the tears where they had fallen. Mizani found her hands moving up to his shoulders. He sensed a calm coming over her. Mizani found herself responding to his gentleness and understanding. She turned her lips in his direction. They could feel the warmth of each others breaths. Their lips were seconds from touching when they heard their names being called. Someone yelled out here. They both quickly stepped away from each other. “ Hey guys what’s going on out here? Skylar asked. Mizani was facing away trying to hide her face which felt flush. “ We came out here to get some fresh air but the wind is starting to make our eyes water because we were to close to the edge.” Landan explained it sounded reasonable to him. “Excuse me guys I m going to go freshen up,” Mizani made her way to the bathroom thankful it was dark on the terrace. “ It is chilly out here lets go in,” everyone agreed. I can use a scotch Landan thought to himself. The group headed back to the bar and everyone ordered drinks. The girls had a apple martini waiting for Mizani. When she returned. “Just what I needed ” she couldn’t believe what happened on the terrace.

Mizani felt ashamed of her behavior. He probably thinks I m a tramp who cheats on her boyfriend,” she thought to herself. Landan left before Mizani came back from the restroom. He felt like a loser for almost taking advantage of her on the terrace when she was vulnerable. Plus it didn’t help he knew she wasn’t available. He told Skylar and Kayla to let Mizani know he would be in touch. Mizani wasn’t sure if she should be relieved or disappoint when she learned Landan had left and would be in touch. Her girls rallied around reminding her she wasn’t single anyways. They dragged her back to the floor to dance. They didn’t end up leaving Omni until 2 am. Maddox tried Mizani cell again. It was 11pm in California which made it 2 am in New York. He wondered where the hell was Mizani ?






Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for all the reviews.