Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Things are going to continue to get complicated. I hope you like the update.  You will be hearing more from Landan's brother Mike.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 7 Its Complicated


Landan hated the way he left things with Mizani and decided to go see her. She wasn’t home from the club when he arrived. He checked his watch it was 2:30am hopefully she would be home soon. Landan made himself comfortable in his car. It was the slamming of a car door that woke him up. He must have dozed off for a few minutes. Landan sat up and noticed a female getting out of a taxi it was her. Mizani paid the cab driver. He waited wanting to be sure she got in safely.

Landan rushed out of his car hoping to catch her before going inside because it was a secured door. “ Mizani wait,” he called after her. She stopped not seeing anyone at first thinking she was hearing things.” I am definitely drunk she giggled to herself. He knocked on the door to get her attention. “Landan is that you?,” she asked. Mizani realized it was him and opened the door,” Hey I was wondering if I could talk to you?,” I’ll understand if you don’t feel comfortable inviting me in,” he said standing with his hands in his pockets. Mizani told him it was fine. The shutter of the camera couldn’t go fast enough as they watched Landan enter the building.

They walked in silence. “ What the hell am I thinking? She thought to herself. “ It must be pretty important,” Mizani said laughing. “ Maybe this wasn’t a good idea after all,” he told her. “No what are you talking about were friends,” she grabbed his hand dragging him into the elevator. Once inside the apartment she told him to make himself at home. She went into the other room yelling she was going to get comfortable. He walked around the room admiring how it was decorated. He could see her in everything. He was checking out the view when she returned wearing a sweat suit. “ I don’t know about you but drinking makes me hungry,” she almost tripped when heading to the kitchen. Luckily he was able to catch her.” Listen why don’t you take a seat and let me work my magic.” I m tipsy not drunk she informed him. ”Yeah whatever you say.”

He started searching her fridge for something to cook. He pulled out a bunch of ingredients. She pulled out a bottle of wine and poured two glasses. Mizani sat on a stool to watch Landan cook. He decided omelets would be quick and easy. Landan looked like a professional slicing and dicing the vegetables.” Hey where did you learn how to do that?,” she asked sipping her wine. “If I told you I would have to kill you,” he said jokingly taking a sip of wine. Mizani found herself laughing. “ Ok killer,” Why don’t I make myself useful and get us some plates,” she informed him. They decided to eat in the leaving room grabbing their wine and plates.

Mizani found herself relaxed and enjoying his company. They sat eating and talking about different subjects. Their conversation came easily. In fact at one point Mizani poured them more wine. Landan decided to talk about what happened at Omni..” I really like you and I hope you know I never meant to take advantage of you tonight.” He tried to maintain eye contact with her. Mizani put her plate down.” First of all you weren’t the only adult on that terrace tonight,” she began.“ If I do recall I was dumping my relationship problems on you again. “ Though we haven’t know each other long you were there to listen.” I get you were trying to comfort me and we had a moment.” I would be lying if I didn’t acknowledge the attraction between us.” I couldn’t even look at myself in the mirror after I left you out there,“ she confessed. Landan wasn’t sure when his plate had joined Mizani’s on the coffee table or when she was sitting on his lap. This wasn’t going as planned he thought. He found himself lost in the soulful eyes again. His hands remained at his side not daring to touch her.

“ I have a boyfriend and shouldn’t be feeling this way,” she touched his forehead to his. He didn’t move a muscle afraid the bulge in his pants would grow. She caressed his face with her fingers studying his facial features. He had strong cheek bones. His eyes were blue gray or maybe it depended on what color he wore. She ran her fingers through his hair which lead to her fingers massaging the back of his neck. Landan closed his eyes getting lost in her touch. He found his hands involuntary caressing her back. This was wrong but felt so right. When he opened his eyes they were looking directly into each other. She placed her finger to his mouth not wanting him to speak. Mizani removed herself from his lap. Then taking him by the hand led him to the door. “ Thanks for tonight and an apology wasn’t necessary,” If anything I owe you one,” she told him. He kissed her cheek and left. When the door was shut they both leaned against it thinking this was getting complicated.










Chapter End Notes:

I want to say thank you to everyone who reads my story and thank you for the reviews because feedback is good and it triggers ideas. Everyone have a great weekend.